[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm on my first real trip ever (28 years old) and I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
I'm on my first real trip ever (28 years old) and I feel nothing. Visited relatives in South Carolina for a few days, did a day in Charleston, now in Boston. The supposedly interesting stuff is just buildings, restaurants, or museums or whatever. Kinda nice but not worth coming to see. Everything is loud, people are shitty, and I've felt like shit since I've got here. I thought I'd love diving into major American cities and seeing the culture and history and everything does nothing at all for me.

I guess I should have struck to rural travel. Or just made tea and stayed at home.

Sorry to vent, just emotionally crushed after all the looking forward to this. Canceling the more expensive portion of the trip(New York) rather than spending more for nothing.
>>
>>1119894
You have to get stranger senpai. Travel to some crazy exotic country instead of going to two of the most boring cities in america
>>
Try Silicon Valley if you want to see an insane microcosm, but honestly I think you would be interested in either going rural or getting the fuck out of America. Where are you from originally?
>>
>>1119907
Suburb of Pittsburgh, though i live in Anchorage now, military reasons. Prettyuch never left beforehand, aside from some childhood trips. Outside of them, I lived briefly in Texas and about a year and a half in Monterey CA. I really hate heat. Alaska and Monterey Bay both had amazing weather, though not as much rain as I'd like.

I was originally gonna drift around the UK or something for a month (max I could get at once) but it had been 2 years without a vacation or seeing family so I thought to try and combine them with a small East coast tour. It was a bad idea. Live and learn I guess, even if the lesson was costly.
>>
>>1119918
Fool. You should have gone to Dodge City, Kansas.

Get INTO Dodge.
>>
>>1119894
American travel is boring, to be honest. I've rarely really felt that "oh wow travel!" feeling when going around America. Everything is mostly the same throughout the country, the same strip malls on the side of the road with the same targets and the same mcdonalds and the same shell stations.

You need to go to some place that fucking scares you without any reassurances that everything will be ok. Go live your damn life, man. You're almost done with your 20s, time is slipping away.
>>
Go to Africa OP. Seriously. You'll be feeling something- either wonder or fear or uncertainty or a combination of a million things. It'll knock your boots off.
>>
>>1119894
I know what you mean. If you are unable or unwilling to make effort to meet new people and get into interesting situations with them (like me) just focus on food and sex. Two weeks in Mexico or Thailand, let a bad out.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.