[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
britbong here, going to college in america for a year, this doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1433966267699.jpg (41 KB, 283x352) Image search: [Google]
1433966267699.jpg
41 KB, 283x352
britbong here, going to college in america for a year, this doesn't count towards my degree so i can party as hard as i want, any tips on getting the most fun out of a year of american college? share any college stories for me to take inspiration from?
>>
Where you goin'?

Best ways to enjoy yerself are somewhat influenced by where you are.
>>
>>1050463
top choice, Austin, Texas, the other two i pretty much picked at random so Vermont, and West Lafayette, Indiana wherever the fuck that is, i can't even point to Indiana on a map
>>
>>1050465
I second Austin. I grew up in Michigan and UofM there is pretty awesome, but you don't really get snow in Austin so less packing and more partying. Plus the city itself is full of young people moving to the city so you'll meet great people who aren't in college. Look for the university of Texas at Austin.
>>
Who old are you? If you're under 21 it will probably suck.
>>
>>1050470
i'll be 21 when i'm there
i'm kinda looking forward to house parties though, i haven't had a good one since i was 18
>>
>>1050470
It absolutely will not. College kids in America all drink before 21 haha are you kidding me.
>>
>>1050468
yeah UT is the one i'm applying to, i hope i get in but there are only 5 spaces available, i'm hoping the fact i built an EMG with my friends using parts from maplin will get me the clock kid treatment.
>>
>>1050457
A whole year and it doesn't count toward your degree? I hope you're not paying much. American colleges are expensive.

Anyway, you'll have a blast. People will be into you for being British. If you're staying in a dorm you'll obviously make friends with people super easily.

It's not like the movies, but yeah the house parties and stuff can get crazy. Try to go to a place with a big-deal American football team. The Saturday college football game day experience is unforgettable. UT would be ideal. Could you pick Wisconsin? If so I would highly recommend it as a second choice. It's a good school and crazy for partying--as long as you can stand the winters. West Lafayette, Indiana is an okay choice. It's Big Ten Conference school, so nationally relevant sports (especially basketball).
>>
>>1050500
well if i pass i get to put "with a year abroad at (blank)" after my degree, which looks really good, but aside from that it doesn't matter how well I do, and i actually get a discount on my british tuition fees for this, so i'm only paying like £3000 tuition for the year, its a sick deal
>>
File: the item.jpg (27 KB, 365x500) Image search: [Google]
the item.jpg
27 KB, 365x500
>>1050457
When you return to Britania make sure that your bring back the sacred relic of the American youth party scene: the fabled red plastic cup. Museum will pay handsomely for it.
>>
>>1050507
I will guard it with my life
>>
File: capt32.jpg (29 KB, 340x370) Image search: [Google]
capt32.jpg
29 KB, 340x370
>>1050507
>>
>>1050508
I trust you will, that's why you have been chosen for this quest.
>>
>>1050507
It'll be even more valuable if it still has s sticky ping pong ball and a few cigarette butts in it.
>>
>>1050505
>"with a year abroad at (blank)"
Not really. Everyone knows that it means "I partied for a year in (blank)." It's not bad per se, but it's not going to translate to much in the grand scheme.
>>
Texas, Ohio State, or Wisconsin...Purdue is an A&M engineering school, not as fun. Or UCLA or Florida for the weather.
>>
File: 1uni.png (86 KB, 1366x918) Image search: [Google]
1uni.png
86 KB, 1366x918
>>1050683
depends where it is, texas would look good, the other ones probably won't matter, but its probably my last chance to dick about for a year so i'm willing to blow some money on it
>>1050855
i have limited options, these are all the places my uni has links with, texas is probably the only good option, but i have to choose 3 otherwise i won't be taken seriously
>>
>>1050912
georgia tech or oregon state could be fun
>>
>>1050465
I get that Indiana doesn't seem like shit, but they have some of the best, craziest parties. I mean they live in the corn fields so they have to find something to do.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.