[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, back in a hostel for the first time in a year and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7
File: 1987[1].jpg (88 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1987[1].jpg
88 KB, 720x480
Holy fuck, back in a hostel for the first time in a year and having a beta moment where I ended up not talking to anyone. Not sure if I'm just exhausted, just wanted some peace and quiet, or what.

Anyone ever have this? Before I used to make tons of friends in hostels, but this one is a little different, not sure if it's me or the place.

Hostel general, I guess
>>
File: 1435266244876.gif (277 KB, 240x287) Image search: [Google]
1435266244876.gif
277 KB, 240x287
9 out of 10 times I´m high on coke and drunk.. I don´t have that.
>>
>>1049901

I've had this a million times. Moved to staying in hotels or airbnb instead. I stay in Hostels only when I'm not travelling on my own these days.
>>
>>1049901
There is nothing beta about not talking. In fact, if you don't feel like talking the beta thing would be to talk.

If you want to mingle I suggest that you stop contemplating how, navigate yourself into the nearest company and ask: hi, where are you from?

For a natural effect pick the first person you encounter or the one that is closest. Not a random individual across the room.

A smile helps too. Good luck
>>
How does one have sex in a hostel? I've never seen or done it in one in practice.

Shower? Private room? Just lock the door of the dorm?
>>
You have sex on the bed in the room of the hostel, with or without people in the room, simple as that
>>
>>1050094
>>1050099

Only did it once. Get drunk as fuck in some village on top of a mountain in South America, met a few Europeans, and ended up hooking up with a Slavic chick. We just put down the mosquito net and pissed off the rest of the dorm by having drunk sex in the middle of the night.

>>1049901

Despite whatever conclusion the above story might lead you to draw, I'm awkward as fuck. However, socializing in hostels has a basic protocol and is the easiest thing in the world - just have a beer, sit by yourself, and barge into somebody else's conversation or look over to another person sitting silently and ask where they're from.

Every hostel conversation follows the same formula, to such an extent that it's basically a fucking script:

>sup bro
>what country are you from
>how do you like it here
>how long have you been in this city
>what have you done, got any ideas for me
>etc etc
>>
>>1050118

you didn't get kicked out? is this against the rules?
>>
>>1050119

Nope. I wasn't even a guest there, either - just showed up, took a bed, fucked, and left in the morning.
>>
>>1050119
I've fucked in dorms a few times, and been there while others fuck as well. The general rule is that if you keep it quiet and quick, people shouldn't really mind as you kind of expect it. Maybe they won't even notice. I did tell one couple to shut up though because they were giggling, shaking the bed and fumbling around like teenagers for far too long.
>>
>>1050118
Literally this. Its so easy to meet people in hostels if you go to the common room at night and start drinking with everyone.
>>
OP here.

Just got to another hostel in Munich.

Room smells really strongly of feet, and two of my roommates appear to be fat neckbeards who brought laptops and mice travelling, and are currently watching movies silently in the dark in the room.

The bar seems breddy good though
>>
>>1050998
I kinda hate people like that. Granted we all have different levels of sociability, fine. But neckbeardin' it up on the bed all night, also independently from your neckbearded travelbro is just a whole other altitude of loserdom. Yes, I'm judging.
>>
>>1051014

Yeah, same. I'm an introvert and am happy to turn in early, but I can't help but judge folks who, on a nightly basis, just lay in bed watching movies with their laptops. Usually these are the same sorts who have no apparent reason to be traveling, and just lounge around on their electronics all day.
>>
File: 20151115_232821.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151115_232821.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
I'm alone in a 5 bed dorm today and the bar is closed and there are no girls in the common area. At least I'll get proper sleep now. Also, any anons in Prague?
>>
>>1049901
>on a business trip
>in private room
>hotel has a floor for hostel rooms
>no common room apart from a kitchen on the hostel floor
how can I meet new people?
>>
Here's a question... would you still stay in hostels if you could easily afford hotels?

I never stay in hostels, but feel like maybe I'm missing out on that social angle.
>>
>>1051037
I can afford them but I really like the social aspect. Besides, there is not much point in a hotel for me as all I need is a bed and a shower and I'm out for the whole day
>>
>>1051017
Nigger I'm travelling for 7 years, I don't want to talk to you and I'm tired from walking around the city all day, go fuck yourself I'm watching the wire.
>>
>>1051037

I've made a few responses in this thread.

It's kind of a mixed bag with me. I'm getting older and finding myself with more and more money. If I'm in a less developed country, I can usually decide whether or not I want to get a room in a decent hotel or stay in a hostel.

Which I choose is usually based on my mood. I don't enjoy staying in dorms any more, even though I thought it was an adventure at first. I'm sick of getting woken up by drunken strangers, having clothes go missing, and whatever else. Sometimes hostels get wearisome, too, because you are just making and losing new friends in the same way over and over again.

I guess my preference, as a 22-year old guy, is to stay in a good-quality single room in a hostel, as long as I can afford it. This gives me the privacy of a hotel for a lower price point as well as the social advantage of staying in a hostel.

Words cannot express how sick of dorms I am. I don't want to admit it, but I have started turning into that guy who will just tell people to shut the fuck up when they are making too much noise. When I was younger i would just pretend not to care or hear.
>>
>>1051035

I'll be there in about a month. What hostel are you at? What's to do there? Any good bars?
>>
>>1051037
For the past 3 years, I've only gone to hotels when my company paid for it. Hostels are much more fun. If you want privacy, you can usually get a private room or double for about the price of a hotel, but you get the social atmo.
>>
>>1051035
I'm in Prague, I stayed at the Hostel Downtown and Pension and loved it.
>>1051097
Yes, stay at Hostel Downtown and Pension. Go on a pub crawl with them, you won't regret it. Their pub crawls and parties are amazing.
I currently have an apt in Zizkov and I love it, however I'm leaving Prague and going to vienna and then budapest in a week.
>>
>>1051097
I'm in Sir Tobys
I loved loved the u floku restaurant, they brew just one beer but it's really good. >>1051157
Anon, when are you going to Vienna? I am leaving there from Prague on Tuesday
>>
File: WP_20150905_16_57_44_Pro.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150905_16_57_44_Pro.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>1051209
O I was in Sir Toby's 2 months ago, aside from the huge rooms it was pretty great, especially considering the price
>>
>>1051210
Why would you go for a 12 bed room when you just need to pay 5 more euro for 5 bed dorm? Besides, I didn't even have to pay that.
>>
>>1051210

Nice shoes
>>
File: IMG150905-130628.jpg (598 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG150905-130628.jpg
598 KB, 1920x1080
>>1051211
I booked last minute, 5 bed dorms weren't available :^)

I fucking hated the whole parking thing in Prague though, all the blue lines and shit. Sir Toby's advertises having parking but it's actually like a 10 minute walk away, in some ghetto neighborhood.
>>
So I just booked Franz hotel in Vienna, anyone been there? Did I do good?
>>
>>1051036
Go to a hostel and pretend you're staying there :^)
>>
>>1051037
Good question.

You definitely meet way more people by staying in hostels, it's what transforms solo travelling from a lonely wander to a fun trip where you come out with new friends and good memories.

BUT anyone who has spent a few weeks in hostels will probably agree that sometimes a night in a hotel to get a break from hostel dorm shit is no bad thing.
>>
>>1051217
y-you too
>>
>>1051220
Was in Vienna a few days ago, really enjoyed the city.

I stayed in the Ruthensteiner hostel, it was really nice, I'd definitely recommend it. Not a party hostel, so a little quiet, but the staff are great, the rooms are nice, and the bar is cheap.

Also a wombats near it. In the Munich one now, the hostel itself is nice but they're kind of Jewey about charging you for shit. Kind of preferred the Ruthensteiner vibe, though I have no idea what the Vienna wombats was like
>>
Guy in the neckbeard room here.

Decided to stay another two nights in this hostel, but moving to another room.

I'm opening the mystery box here. Could be a quiet, empty room, or full of shouting chads, we'll see
>>
>>1051210
>shoes on bed
GTFO
>>
>>1051256

>projecting this hard

You not having a social life back at home doesn't mean other solo travelers are like you

Sometimes doing your own thing is nice
>>
>>1051253
I went down to the hostel floor. It's 8pm, there was no one in the kitchen or common room.
>>
>>1051462
So you're saying you meet more people in hotels, then?

Because that's what he asked
>>
I can't stay in hostels because I moan/groan/sigh in my sleep. It's a sleep pathology (catathrenia), benign in terms of health as it's not snoring or associated with losing breath. It's just... loud nightly humming. Not constant, but during REM sleep I will usually moan quite loudly for 30 seconds, go quiet for a few minutes and do the same moaning thing in a pattern like that. This can last up to an hour.

Most people say it sounds like I'm having some kind of sexual dream, but it's not associated with dreams, as during REM sleep you don't dream. I dunno, it's some neurological thing. Out of respect for others, I don't stay in hostels anymore.
>>
>>1051742
Good on you for actually respecting other people.
>>
i fart and snore when i sleep, Is this common? Should i bring some earplugs for everybody?

I dont want to be "that guy that keeps farting in his sleep" pls help
>>
>>1051780
Or just a buttplug for yourself.
>>
>>1051780
>that guy that keeps farting in his sleep
Are you lactose intolerant?

I use to have a problem farting all the time until I realised that I just need to quit drinking so much milk.
>>
>>1051775
It does kinda suck though. I have travelled a lot in the past and always stayed in hostel dorms and like the atmosphere. I'm 32 now and have more money so I don't necessarily try to stay in hostels as much as I used to, but still.
>>
>>1050131
Nice, anon... just nice
>>
>>1050094

I picked up an Irish girl at a bar in Nice, France. Brought her back to the hostel and fucked her on the bottom bunk. There were 4 beds in the room and the other 3 were a group of young Italian guys traveling together. In the morning they all laughed about it and kept saying "heyyy playboy." Good times.
>>
>>1050971
Some hostels don't have a common room.
>>
>>1051259
Oh shit not that guy but I was in ruthensteiner just a bit over a week ago!
Probably saw you trv bro. I was the australian who wasnt a cunt
>>
I hooked up a girl from the front desk of the hostel. they're usually really qt and because I was staying in the city for a while I asked for her number. we had a good few weeks together, and I'm going back next month to visit her.
>>
>>1049901
Sometimes it's the place, there's no need to be so hard on yourself.
After 3 months of travelling myself I've come to accept that sometimes you just can't click with the vibe of a place and that's fine
>>
>>1052561

Imagine how much strange foreign dick that girl must take. Yikes
>>
>>1052606
It's like gambling or going to a strip bar,the frontal lobe can't distinguish love from love of money. You're supposed to feel revulsion, but if your brain is sub-par, that's what happens. You start to think there can be a connection or friendship with someone who is really interested in only one thing in life, selfish and personal. Money. A meal ticket or a way to buy illegal things.
>>
File: 2015-10-30 029.jpg (4 MB, 5289x2975) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-30 029.jpg
4 MB, 5289x2975
>>1049901

Beyond pleasantries there isn't a requirement for you to talk to people. If you do happen to, it would be because you're interested in them and things should flow naturally.

My stay at the hostel, pic related, was great though. Got to hang around the room and make friends with them, eventually going around the city together. But it's all about your stay there and plans. I mostly tried to treat the hostel as a place to get to when was time for sleep, then it's out throughout the cities again.

>>1052606
Mate. Two people minimum are needed for sex and I am led to believe women like it too.
>>
>>1052606
pretty much yeah. she'd been working at the hostel for only 1 day when I met her, and quit after a couple of weeks. she told me she hated backpackers. but yeah, after I got to know her a bit she's a total whore. cheats on her bf (with me, and others).
>>
>>1049901
I've never gone through this, but only because I've always been quiet and kept to myself, especially in hostels. I don't know why, but the whole environment just makes me a little uncomfortable. I've had fun with people while staying in them (once met an English guy who got so fucked up he picked up a dead snake and brought it up to his room in Tokyo) but I'd much rather just stay in an airbnb and go get fucked up at the nearest club/maid cafe/pub/whatever when and if I feel like socializing. That being said, I do still stay in hostels most of the time, but that's just because it's significantly less expensive.
>>1050998
Hey, man. I do that shit sometimes. It's relaxing, and if you're away for a long period of time, you're bound to have days where you just wanna hole up in bed and relax alone.
>>1051037
If it wasn't going to fuck up my budget and make me incapable of doing other, cooler things? Fuck no. I don't really care about the social part, and I prefer to stay on my own anyway. I mean, I can theoretically afford them now, but it would impact my trip if I stayed in a hotel over a hostel.
>>
Smoking is literally the number one way to meet people at hostels
>>
>>1052205
wow, thanks for this valuable comment.

did you know some chicks dont have dicks?
>>
>>1052694
>total autist, signs of avoidant personal disorder, interested in typical weeb things
>c-cmon guys, s-sometimes you just n-need to sit alone on your bunk in the dark after a long stressful day of being avoidant, watching japanese cartoons
>>
>>1050094
I had sex in an 8-bed dorm with everyone in it but they were all passed out from being drunk. Often if you got friends in your room and youre drinking together and you get to fuck on of them the other ones are just sleep through the noise.
>>
I don't know, there's a difference between staying true to yourself and forcing yourself into being social..

Like, if you feel like you don't connect to anybody there, why try? You end up more disappointed. Not to say you don't make the effort to say "hi" and small talk...but don't feel bad about it.

I generally keep to myself unless I connect with somebody very well..I'm picky about company. Not sure how much of a good or bad thing that is, but i've had enough of forced friendships and drowning out your will/voice in order to make others feel good....stay true 2 u yo.
>>
>>1052780
>wanting to be alone for a few hours a day once or twice a week is indicative of avoidant personality disorder
>being in Japan = weeb
0 for 2, Dr. Freud. Do better next time, bud.
>>
>>1053016
If you're into maid cafés, you are definitely weeb. No need to hide it as we're on 4chan, bud.
>>
>>1049901
Ihad a realy hit and miss experiance staying in hostels for a few months

some nights I'd just strike up conversation, invite a few people out for drink, offer to share dinner with everyone, help each other out etc

some nights a big group traveling together would dominate, the place was full of wierdos, full of britons on buck parties
>>
>>1052561
>hooked up a girl from the front desk of the hostel
I've done that twice in China. Good times.

One of them I still keep in touch with, we may try it out sometime long term. She's a traveller, currently bumming around Cambodia. Real qt but thinks she's average. Guess that's a good thing.
>>
>>1051416
Don't leave us hanging anon, how did it go?
>>
>>1053062
Forgot I mentioned maid cafes. Fair point.
>>
Neckbeard room guy is kill?
>>
Can anyone tell me how hostels in cheaper countries, especially in major cities, during off season are?

Lets take a city like jakarta or new delhi as an example.

Since hotels are so cheap, do any travellers stay in hostels? Also i barely see other travellers on the street.

In the last 8 months ive been getting fairly sick of hostels, but now i might enjoy some company again.
>>
>>1052767
-do you have a lighter?
-omg your accent where are you from?
Cake.
>>
>>1053879
Can't speak for Jakarta but I was in India in March a couple of years ago and found most of the hostels to be pretty busy but not totally packed in the big cities. Far bigger proportion of Americans than I'm used to too, something I was appreciative of since I find them to be generally the easiest people to know short term.
>>
>>1050998
One time I was staying in a hostel in Morocco and two Korean guys who were in my dorm spent the whole three days they were there watching Korean movies and TV shows on their ipads. They went out for about two hours on the second day, When I asked of them how he found it and all he said was "Its dirty" with a look of disgust.
>>
Anyone had a wet dream when staying in a hostel or on someone's couch when you are a guest or is it just me?
>>
>>1054985
Maybe they had the wrong idea of what Morocco was going to be?
>>
>>1054986
Fap more, or grow up you loser.
>>
I am a huge snorer, apparently. As in, I sound like a tumble dryer running with six bricks thrown in it. Any snorers here ever experience any difficulty in hostels? I mean, I sleep like a log, but I can imagine I'd get a lot of hate.
I've tried those nose bandaids thingies, but they don't seem to help much at all. Just wondering how hostel life will be like with my condition.
>>
>>1055008
I once had two Korean roommates in Berlin. They didn't even leave the hostel. They just played LoL all day long.
I mean I'm pretty addicted to the computer as well, but sure as hell not while traveling.
>>
>>1050094
Showers in the early hours of the morning are a god send. Nobody goes near them at 3 - 4am.
>>
>>1055614
If people complain it's their fault. When you're paying for a hostel you're really kind of gambling on the experience. If they want a hotel experience go get a hotel.

It will be a problem for you if you're very self conscious.
>>
>>1055620
Weird. Probably just checking off from a list.
>>
>>1055621
Damn! That makes me hard. I like to have some risky sex.
>>
>>1050094
>lock the door of the dorm to have sex

dick move
>>
>>1049901
>Before I used to make tons of friends in hostels, but this one is a little different, not sure if it's me or the place.
Serious question: how old are you?

Because you sound like you're way too old to be creeping on hostel guests like that.

It's time to accept you're over the hill, go find a hotel and stop making other uncomfortable.
>>
>>1055647
I think it's got more to do with your vibe than how old are you. I have 20yo friends who'd be annoying as fuck in a hostel, and 37yo friends who just befriended everyone in every hostel we went to
>>
>>1050094
everywhere you can
who the fuck cares , you never ever gonna see those people again
>>
>>1056099
>Found the douchebag
>Found the bogan
>>
File: 1445562860039.png (226 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1445562860039.png
226 KB, 620x670
>>1051742
That sounds fucking hilarious. I wish I could hear that shit in person
>>
>>1051017
Hate because he doesn't want to talk to you at night?
>no apparent reason to be traveling
Is the only reason of traveling socializing at night? I mean, yea, it can be a big part of it but it's not for everybody and certainly not the entire point of traveling.
>>
>so you met people on hostels during summer.
>added them on fb
>december and you haven't talked to any of them
>why do i even bother?
>>
>>1051017
Could it be some people are not into the nightlife? And it looks like it's you who is insecure because they aren't talking to you.
>>
>>1055614
Hostels can be noisy places in general so although it will annoy some people it is advisable to bring headphones / earplugs into any hostel in general.
>>
>>1055647
>this same autist in every hostel thread.
We've been though this a dozen times, and it's really just you. Did a suave 37 year old steal your girlfriend, or is it redirected hate of your step-daddy?

>>1056196
Just look it up on youtube. Everyone sounds a little different, but you'll get the idea. Imagine someone chanting OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM in their sleep at full volume and trying to sleep.

>>1056407
I just cleared over 100 people off my facebook list a month back. 2/3s were from hostels, some from like 6-7 years ago. People I only barely spent time with and never connected with since besides the occasional facebook stalking. I never use facebook much anyway, but it feels great to shorten your 'friends' list. I have occasionally met up with hostel 'friends' when passing through their way. Only or two or three have been worthwhile.
>>
>>1054986
I had a huge wetdream while couchsurfing in australia. Slept in the younger bro's (who was away at school) bed. Just washed the sheets in the morning and acted like it's the normal thing to do after sleeping in someone else's bed for the night. Call it Canadian etiquette ;)
Also jizzed in my sleeping bag while camped out one starry night in Oregon next to the highway. That was interesting.
>>
>>1056500
Fuck you're disgusting. At the least tell the guy or pay him so he can buy another sheet or something.
>>
>>1051742
>during REM sleep you don't dream

FWIW, REM sleep is the stage of sleep where most, if not all, dreaming takes place. If you're doing this during REM sleep, it's probably dream-related.

Source: neuroscience student
>>
>>1056503
>student
As if that has any credence here.
>>
>>1056501
>At the least tell the guy or pay him
Washing it seems reasonable to me.

Though I doubt anon is fooling anyone, the guy probably thought he wet the bed or something.
>>
>>1056498
>We've been though this a dozen times, and it's really just you. Did a suave 37 year old steal your girlfriend, or is it redirected hate of your step-daddy?
I'm thinking anon strikes out when he tries to pick up girls because the older guys know the moves and anon just spergs at them.
>>
>>1056503
Well it's not during dream states, at least not for me. It's quite distinctive when you're woken from a dream. When I'm woken up from humming, there has never ever been a dream memory. I do dream of course, but it's a distinct phase. Catathrenia is quite a cyclic pattern (I've recorded myself in the past), it is not involuntary response to dreams, the little science there is seems clear on that at least...

REM only occurs because voluntary motor below your neck is essentially switched off during sleep. Eyes being above the neck may still move. I guess it's something similar with the throat/vocal chords.

A night of heavy drinking seems to make it worse. Or if I'm very stressed out.
>>
>>1049909
underrated
>>
>>1052767
Underrated post
>>
>>1050998
>>1051014
>tfw you're on your laptop in the hostel right now
>>
>>1054986
I had one once, it was only my boxers that got dirty so it was all right I guess. At least no one else woke up so I could go wash up and then go back to bed.
>>
>>1054986
>still having wet dreams past age 14
Can't believe I'd ever have to say this on 4chan, but fap more.
>>
>>1056966
In a hostel?
>>
>>1056513
Would you rather I lie?

>source: Nobel Laureate in neuroscience

Look it up if you're skeptical.
>>
>>1056995
>paying for a hostel where there isn't a designated fap room
>>
I once spent a night in a hostel in Heidelberg where one of the guests used a BiPAP for his hypoventilation syndrome. Since I am a nurse I ended up adjusting his mask and shit during the night because it kept leaking and alarming and shit.
>>
>>1056995
Have you never fapped out a quickie when no one was around or in the toilet cubicle? Christ, kids these days. Send me your address and I'll mail you somescented candles and shit so you can fap.

>tfw when rooting through female room-mates bags for dirty underwear when no one's there.
>finding it, sniffing deep and fapping like a demented demon
>putting it back exactly as it was
>no one's the wiser.
>>
>>1057059
Damn that's risky. But those demented wanks only last like a minute so all good.
>>
i hate to derail the thread a bit, but can someone give me a good explanation of the differences between a hotel and a hostel? i think i get the general concept; but i'm wondering why one would stay in a hostel if one can afford a hotel; especially if you're traveling with a friend or something of that nature
>>
>>1057084
Hotels are slick, everything works properly and you can do your thing and know that there will be a disposable toiletry set in the bathroom when you get back.

Hostels are comfy, you meet people but everything is a bit casual and half-arsed.
>>
>>1057091
Hostels are also good for doing laundry and not charging through the roof for it. They do nickal&dime on the little stuff but it's nothing compared to what you save on laundry in a hostel. The food tends to be more familiar/comfy as well which after a year on the road, can be quite nice.
>>
>>1057091>>1057092
huh
it seems like getting a private room at a hostel is the best of both worlds, although I'm sure one has to book way in advance for that.

is a hostel better for a long term stay then?
i suppose one of my biggest concerns would be the potential for my belongings to be stolen
>>
>>1057098
>it seems like getting a private room at a hostel is the best of both worlds
Yes and it's what I'm doing right now. However, they're often as expensive as a 3* hotel. I found a cheap one.
>>
>>1057098
>the potential for my belongings to be stolen
Of course that potential is there, but decent hostels have lockers in the hallway or under a bed, etc. I always have a lock with me, and if I feel really sketched out about someone in the room or the area or it's a huge dorm room, I definitely use them. (Last hostel I stayed in was a ground floor room, with no locks on the room doors, and just off to the side of the main check-in desk, but the staff there were often gone, having a smoke or making tea or chatting with friends in a little area in the back. Nothing happened, but I damn sure used my lock.)

However, that said I typically just leave my shit in my bag, which I generally throw under my covers, big obvious lump and all. Done the same with a laptop of tablet, just throw it under the pillow or in the pillow case. I've never had anything stolen. Theft is a lot of time about opportunity. If you leave your MacBook Air and bundles of 500 dollars right on top of your sheets, you're begging fate.

I have met people who have had shit stolen, including from hostels we were currently in. I recall one guy who charged his phone overnight in the hallway plug (only in room, and it was taken). Surprise surprise the phone and charger were gone in the morning.

So it happens, there are scumbags out there, but it's generally not that frequent. Most other travellers are in the same boat as you, worried about their shit being nicked, and aren't about to nick other people's stuff. If in doubt, lock it up.

Also, in a lot of developing countries, theft from hotel rooms is not unheard of. Friend of mine had her small villa cabin on a quiet Greek island broken into and ransacked, everything of value gone.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.