[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible anymore to travel globally with $0?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1478) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1478
Is it possible anymore to travel globally with $0?
>>
>>1049865
No, and it never actually was.
>>
Sure it is. Cave men and shanghaied sailers did it
>>
I want to sail on a ship so fucking bad.

>Tfw no captain to give you rides in exchange for being in his hearty crew
>>
>>1049932
Sailboats are cheap I got mine free needed a new jib about 150
>>
>>1049932

Get some experience, people do need crews, but they normally only take on people with lots of sailing experience or certain skills (eg, Mechanic or Cook).
>>
>>1049954
Now to go where the boats are...

I'm an 18 yr old kid with no connections to anyone by a large enough body of water. Is moving pretty much my only option? I suppose I could find speedboats or something to work on, but I don't know anyone with a boat and I assume I would be working for quite awhile to get enough money for my own.
>>
>>1049982
Texas. That's where you want to be.
>>
>>1050005
Along the coastline? I live smack in the middle. San Marcos, fastest growing town in the US, or so I've heard.
>>
>>1049865
Hitchhike?
>>
Join the navy, they will pay you to travel
>>
>>1049932
Some ships allow passengers for like 50bucks. Cheap was of getting to america for instance (of course do the paper work abfront to prevent problems once there)
>>
Sure. You're gonna have to work along the way but it's definitely possible
>>
>>1050677
Not sure what you are talking about -- many cargo ships can carry a few passengers, and will do so for a fee. It is generally noticeably more expensive than flying.
>>
There's is a catalan guy that did it. Not only without money but also being in a wheelchair. Pretty wicked
>>
Maybe once I record
>>
>>1050833
>Not only without money but also being in a wheelchair
The wheelchair probably had a lot to do with people giving him free rides.
>>
>>1049865
Yes, but you're not gonna like it.
- For transport, walk, ride a bicycle or hitchhike. All free.
- For accommodation, bring a tent, hammock or bivy bag. Utilize couchsurfing.
- Food is the trickiest. Dive dumpsters and scavenge whatever you can find. Play numbers games and ask random people if they need help with some work in return for a meal. Be resourceful, know about wild fruits.

Honestly, begging is easier. It's why it's a chosen profession of many bums, not desperation.
>>
>>1050663
This. Or another occupation, but military is about all you have as a NEET
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.