[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Japan safe to visit nearly 4 years after Fukushima?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: wallpaper_stalker_clear_sky_07.jpg (241 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_stalker_clear_sky_07.jpg
241 KB, 1280x1024
Is Japan safe to visit nearly 4 years after Fukushima?
>>
a friend of mine just got back after a year studying in fukushima university, idk how high the radiation is. It's not Chernobyl though.
sry for my bad english.
>>
> Japan>>>Fukishima
Bad b8 m8
>>
No Japan is pretty much a barren wasteland, think something like you would see in Fallout
>>
Did you see what Japan is like now? Anyone who survived looks like a little slant-eyed goblin shuffling around.
>>
to be honest it was safe to visit during the disaster as long as you didn't visit anywhere the tsunami hit
>>
>>1049742
I went to Japan a year after the Fukushima disaster. My penis grew 3 inches.
>>
>>1049796
Isnt chernobyl relatively just fine these days as long as you dont sleep in the reactor? Considering fukushima was much more recent, wouldn't it be potentially worse?
>>
>>1049742
Country has been irradiated to all hell. It's relatively safe because of how radiation kills/injures (bursts as opposed mere exposure).
>>1050567
No. Tours are still guided and you have to have a Geiger counter on you at all times in order not to step in contaminated areas.

There's much to radiation to learn and then you can make an educated decision, the half-life of both the bombs and the NPP are different, but I can tell you for a fact that it's longer than a few years.
>>
>>1049742
Its safe.
The explosion in the reacor happened because the hydrogen had nowhere to go (by product): So the explosion itself wasnt radioactive.
The amount of iodine and cassium(sp?) released into the atmosphere was pretty damn low, the effects of those are increased chances of thyroid cancer in children who were in the safe zone during and shortly after the accident: So youre fine on that.
Although recent scans indicate the fuel melted through the core of unit one, theres a secondary containment unit beneath the reactor and as far as we know theres no indication it was breached.
There are estimates of stupid numbers of deaths resulting from the accident, but if you read the actual papers youll find they offer no concrete proof for those estimates, some arent even written by physicists.
Some water leaked from the reactor, and fishing in affected area was forbidden but thats mostly as a precaution.
Seeing as 20-30% of us will get cancer in our lifetime anyway theres nothing scary about some of the published numbers if you think about it rationally.
>>
>>1050567
>Considering fukushima was much more recent, wouldn't it be potentially worse?

Potentially? I guess, if the release had been on the scale that it was in Chernobyl.

It was not.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.