[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you will go to a south american country, which one do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: stham.gif (6 KB, 344x450) Image search: [Google]
stham.gif
6 KB, 344x450
if you will go to a south american country, which one do you choose? why?
>>
Depends on the duration. A few weeks in Summer? Live several months there like a student or forever?
>>
One year
>>
>>1049700
I already live in one, but I would go to Brazil, it's big enough to always find me some entertainment.
>>
>>1049777
So I would choose Chile or Argentina. I would like to go to Brazil and Peru too but I don't speak Portuguese and Peru doesn't seem to be a nice country where spend 1 year.
>>
>>1049700
Colombia. It's way more fun than the others. And it has many different regions, landscapes and weathers, it's like 5 countries in 1.
>>
File: iruya.jpg (257 KB, 1181x787) Image search: [Google]
iruya.jpg
257 KB, 1181x787
>>1049795
I'd say the same thing about Argentina. From Tierra del Fuego to La Puna they look like two absolutely different countries (with a lot of different sceneries amidst)
Will you be travelling around? Or will you be staying/working in one place?

Cause one year is a fucking long time. If you can move around I'd start off in Buenos Aires (or maybe even Bariloche), work my way up to Bolivia, go through Bolivia to Peru (LOTS to see there), keep going up, go to Ecuador, and end either in Colombia or in Venezuela.

Brazil has the best beaches and lot to see, but it's not nearly as cheap as Bolivia and Peru.
>>
>>1049700
Mexico here, skip South America and go to Panama.
>>
>>1049794
Chile has the best quality of life, if you're staying for a year, and has from glaciers to deserts, if you want to travel. It has great, affordable food, good security, good nightlife, and if you're a foreigner you'll probably get laid like crazy too. (Venezuela, Argentina, and Brazil have hotter women, if that's something you're after, but they lack in other areas which I'd say are more important if you plan on staying for a long time. Lima has better food in terms of preparations, but Chile still has better ingredients and range of food than Peru does.)

All in all, I'd say Chile is the best choice, for a year long experience. Second I'd put Uruguay.
>>
>>1049854
But chile is expensive

I'd say peru and mexico as they have a large variety of things to see including lots of native culture
>>
>>1049700
A year is a long time. If I had to stay in any South American country, it would be Brazil, because I like the beach, I like carnaval, capoeria, and samba. Their cuisine looks interesting, there are a lot of ingredients that are used nowhere else in the world. However, Brazil can be dangerous, and it can be expensive. A dollar won't go as far in Brazil as it would in other countries.

There are also more safer and prosperous countries in South America like French Guiana- which is actually a territory of France and its even a part of the European Union. Chile is also safe and prosperous, like the US and Canada are.

You did say South America, but there I'd also want to live in Mexico or Costa Rica.
>>
>>1049859
huehuehue here.
>Chile is also safe and prosperous, like the US and Canada are.
no. no. its not.
Any country... ANY, will be like those 2...
Brazil have many variety and hotter women. Period. other countries also have beautiful women. But Brazil has waaaayyy more.
Here is more danger and unsafe, for example Argentina or Chile, but your dolar worth R$ 3,77 reais...
Soo... depends on you
>>
>>1049856
Mexico is North America tho.
>>
>>1049878
I'm sure he just meant latin-america.
>>
>>1049874

>going to another country based on how how the women are

>>1049700

Probably Colombia, but I've already been there. I think I'd definitely go back again, but the next on my to-do list is Brazil.
>>
>>1050114
Is all of South America also Latin America?
>>
>>1050310
Why wouldn't it be?
They nearly all speak Spanish or Portuguese.
>>
>>1050310
All, except for Guyana and Surinam.
>>
Probably Venezuela or Brazil since I have some friends there and I also heard good things about Venezuela in general (naturewise, not so much about the crime). Guyana and Suriname also seem interesting though
>>
I'd go to Venezuala for a few days to see Mount Roraima
>>
Probably Brazil, because I want to see the deep dark Amazon. Though to be honest, I'd be open to just about any for one reason or another. I guess Venezuela is a cluster fuck right now though.

I have a childhood friend from Guyana. His dad is Indian descent. his mom is Chinese descent. Always thought it was hilarious to hear his mom, a tiny Asian woman, speak in a Caribbean accent, and bust out the Jamaican-style swearing when she was angry. Apparently like 97% of the small population lives along the coast, the interior is almost empty.

>>1050434
And Falklands.
>>
>>1049700
Why do people never go to Guyana and Suriname?

Anyway, I think Uruguay for a number of factors including the weather, half of the population having Italian descent, legal weed etc.

I have a friend living not too far from Rio in Brazil and it seems like it can be a really unsafe place (schools closed because of shootouts between the police and drug traffickers)
>>
>>1050446
>Why do people never go to Guyana and Suriname?
Guyana is supposedly sketchy as fuck. Suriname receives a fair amount of dutch and flemish tourists.
>>
I'd go with Peru, is the most diverse one in terms of landscapes, culture, sights, and so on. It's also not as dangerous as other countries even though it is not the safest one.
>>
>>1050650
It was indeed a good choice because of that diversity. Peru is a really interesting country; but yest I did get robbed there last year.
>>
Southern Argentina, maybe south georgia or the falklands
>>
Do not go to Venezuela under any circumstances.

Political instability, crime, and just general fuckedupness are skyrocket high.

Even for latinamerican standards.
>>
>>1049700
Chile. I don't think I'd go to Argentina anytime soon, since I saw the Top Gear Patagonia Special, where a fucking mob literally stoned the entire crew out of the country.

But Chile seems great.
>>
I want to go to Argentina and Chile - but practically it will be too expensive.
Flying from South Africa you have to go through Sao Paulo so I have decided to stay there a few days and then go to Buenos Aires and Montevideo for the rest of the trip.

Going to Santiago would really stretch my budget too much.

Anyone do something similar to this?
>>
>>1051538
I think you'll be fine if you're not British. Also not everyone in Argentenia hates the Brits, its probably just that shitty town
>>
>>1051593
Well, the Top Gear crew where asking for it by using plates with letters making reference to the Malvinas-Falklands war.
Just the same way they went to that super redneck town in the USA with sings cheering homosexuality and Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>1050116

brazil is africa tier
>>
>>1051593
Pure bs
We dont hate the brits. We Just hate chileans fucking traitors
>>
Peru.

Because I have family there and it's pretty comfy.
>>
>>1051606
The plates were jokes. It's a running gag on the show, that they'll make up some crazy anagram for how each other's plates are insulting. No one else could ever make that jump.

The Alabama thing, yeah that was overt.
>>
File: 1447281348864.png (3 MB, 2122x1144) Image search: [Google]
1447281348864.png
3 MB, 2122x1144
>>1050446

I've been to Guyana (4weeks~) Capital, as well as some very remote inland villages

It's interesting, but it has practically no tourist infrastructure in place so it can be a very overwhelming place to visit for a newer traveler.

Also note that while they technically speak "English" once you leave the capital the accent becomes so strong and so many native words are worked into speech that they may as well be speaking Mandarin.

I would highly advise you go with a guide, because while the people in the rural villages are extremely welcoming and curious about "white people" communication will be difficult.
>>
>>1049700
Right now, I'd choose two extremely different places. Either Suriname, because I've long been curious about it, and it offers a unique cultural blend very different from the rest of South America (as do the Guyanas, obviously, but they interest me a bit less, since I've been to the Anglophone and Francophone Carribean), or Brazil, because I've never been and have wanted to visit for a long time. I also speak some Portuguese, so it would be great to put it to use.
>>
Brazil, specially the southern region.
>>
>>1051862

Back to /pol/ retard, and learn some history

t. chilean
>>
Wow, no mention of Ecuador? Way more safe/stable than Venezuela or Columbia. Similar to Peru I guess (but you can always visit both since there small enough and right next to each other). You can visit the Amazon, the beaches on the Coast or the Mountains in the Central, and most importantly the fucking GALAPAGOS Islands. You really don't need to spend a year there, but there's a ton to do and for the most part everything is cheap as hell.
>>
>>1053149
Aw yiss. I'm going there in March, matter of fact. Anything you can recommend in the Guayaquil area?
>>
>>1053156
Hookers & Galápagos
>>
>>1053156
Well Guayaquil is certainly the most dangerous/least ethical of the Ecuadorian cities, but the coast is beautiful and everything is a bit cheaper. Use this site and book a Galapagos tour http://www.dealsgalapagos.com/ and I'd suggest looking around for tours of the Oriente (Amazon). There are a ton of cheap touring companies and personally I think the best way to visit Ecuador as a foreigner is by taking as many adventures as possible to as many regions as possible. I had a friend who booked a 1 month tour of the entire coast and Oriente for $1,000 (food, transportation and housing). The history is mildly interesting (nothing all that special unless you're interested in Spanish colonialism), but the environment in Ecuador is amazing. Also, be weary of street food like you would in any other developing country.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.