[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just want to escape life. I have 3,500 USD saved up. What can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: 96113.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
96113.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I just want to escape life. I have 3,500 USD saved up. What can I do where I can just escape... I'm so lost.
>>
File: 1428125524151.jpg (25 KB, 260x298) Image search: [Google]
1428125524151.jpg
25 KB, 260x298
With that kind of money, not a lot I'd guess
You could probably go on a road trip to no where in particular, and return when you're running low on gas money
>>
>>1049168
b-but i just want to leave and not come back..
>>
>>1049171
What's wrong with where you are now?
>>
File: 1403703172905.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1403703172905.jpg
663 KB, 1920x1080
>>1049172
I feel lonely.. I feel like the world is going to collapse on me at any given time and I just don't want to be here when it does.. I just want to get up and live and be different.. I don't want to grow up.. I've avoided it so long till now and I feel like my only option is just to leave everything and become new.. I just don't know how
>>
>>1049174
I don't have any place to say much because I've always been in a rush to grow up, get a job, get on the next new thing, etc., but I'll try to help

One day, quite a ways back, I didn't have a car and the closest store that didn't pass the highway was very far away. I had asked my mother if I could just walk there myself because I had gotten tired of waiting for a ride to one place and back (she was very overprotective). Anyways, yadda yadda, I got to the store, got what I wanted and left, but I forgot my way back.

So for about 10-20 minutes I was walking through random neighborhoods trying to find which one lead to my own, and even though it was only 10-20 minutes it felt like forever. I wasn't scared any, but I had some time to soak in how everything else around me was. Don't interpret this as being thankful for what you've got, that's not what this is about.

Anyways, after I got back home, I felt different. It actually depressed me a little once I got back home because everything was back to it's old self, and that wasn't the life I wanted to live.

Having different experiences or being around different environments can spice things up in your mind, or at least it did to me. Even if that was something as little as re-arranging my room, or moving into a completely different house, or going over to my friend's house for the weekend.

And don't think of growing up as "growing up". Too many people have that idea of the bored man/woman in a cubicle all of their life as "growing up". Becoming older means new experiences, not the death of your childhood.

But what I'd like you to do the most is think about yourself, what you need in life and what you want in life. If something makes you happy, go for it (as long as it isn't illegal). I also recommend (if you need it) possibly taking breaks from anything causing you too much stress.
>>
>>1049174
I'm sorry if I'm not a big help, I'm not very good at this stuff, but people DO care about you, don't try anything risky before remembering that.
>>
>>1049174
I guess what I'm trying to say is changing a little bit of stuff around you can make you feel new. Taking a little walk around and seeing stuff you've never seen before can make you feel new. Doing different things (like painting, music/video production, etc.) can make you feel brand new.

Again sorry I'm really bad at this
>>
Hang in there, OP
>>
File: deer.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deer.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>1049181
everything in my life has just gotten so boring,,, I work 50-65 hours a week for nothing, I'm motivated to do nothing after working other than drink. its that grind society has me caught up in and all parents want me to do is go to school to get another job you can grind out your late 20s to late 60s at.. I just want to leave and experience more than the world has given me so far.. I just dont know what to do other than drink and be lonely. I have "friends" but they are
>>
File: 1402251573278.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1402251573278.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
>>1049181
never fueled to do anything other than what society wants them to do. I just don't want to walk that path, I want to see more, do more, have more in my life than just working till death..
>>
>>1049190
>>1049192
I relate to this.

The two years of my life since graduating college I've spent trying odd jobs in different industries, looking for something that I'm reasonably good at that can support a modest lifestyle while not draining all of my time and attention. Haven't quite found that yet, and my experiences are starting to convince me that average people I'm the US are getting totally boned; life could be so much better for so many people, but not enough people seem to share this conviction. I'm probably going to vote for the old brooklyn ice cream jew for president. I want work (and, by extension, life) in this country to suck less. Sorry for the shit post, I'm on my phone.
>>
>>1049190
>>1049192
Just do what I'm doing, OP.

Find a decent job, work for a few years. Save as much of it as possible...this is key.

Then go buy a nice campervan and travel around in it. Do it for as long as you feel like doing it.
>>
>>1049190
>>1049192
>>1049203
Work for a few years living as minimalistic as possible and then travel to somewhere like SEA for a while. That's my plan because I feel exactly like this. I'm 29 now and all I ever do is go to work, come back home, watch tv, sleep and repeat. The people I work with don't have a different view on life, they're all lifers when it comes to work. I don't believe in conspiracy theories or anything but the way our society is set up is to control the population. Imagine if everyone was a free thinker and wanted to do whatever the fuck they wanted. Nothing would get done. Instead people like that are marginalized, laughed at, labeled as something or other...

Unfortunately money rules the world so you can't do much without it. I've been working and saving for the past 5 or so years. Hope to leave this life behind in the near future.
>>
>>1049151

Go camping for $200
>>
File: 396649.jpg (96 KB, 460x317) Image search: [Google]
396649.jpg
96 KB, 460x317
>>1049181
>>1049203
>>1049209
>>1049213
>>1049221

you guys are all great people thanks for the great advice.. maybe one day I'll grow the balls and just leave but I don't think tonight is the night.. just wish there was a way to work some where for a 3-4 months then move on to something else new and exciting. Until then the dreamscape is the only thing i'll have to hold onto.. Speaking of which is that time of the night.. Keep living strong guys, one day hopefully we'll all get what we're really looking for
>>
>>1049229
>just wish there was a way to work some where for a 3-4 months then move on to something else new and exciting.
There is such a thing. It's called a work-holiday visa. You can work and travel all over the world on those. It's super popular in some countries like Australia and NZ, people go there, travel around the country, work somewhere for a few months usually doing manual labor jobs like farm work and travel further. You can spend up to 2 years in Australia like that then go to NZ for another 2 years.

Won't make much money on it but it will sustain your travels.
>>
>>1049151
Get a motorbike
>>
>>1049151
>I just want to escape life.

You can't. Tomorrow never dies.
Unless you do; spend $100 on a gun and become a hero maybe?
>>
>>1049174
Just become a vagabond
>>
>>1049229
Op you got 3500 dollars? What country are you in?

Take 500 dollars for an international trip for a weekend or something. That 500 dollars should include everything...plane ticket, hotel, food. If it doesn't save some more money. Take that trip to look around and figure out how things work, stay at a hostel and seek out people that have traveled a lot. Ask them questions and hang out with them. If you can't meet anybody at the hostel ask the people that own it, they probably talk to travellers all the time.

When you get home think about your trip. Figure out if that is something you would like to do for a longer time. Then take the 2k and spend more time in a location that you have chosen.

Save the 1k for when you come home or for emergency purposes if something bad happens while you travel. If you end up having the time of your life, blow it all the last week before you come home. You could also use it to fly somewhere else if your location of choice turns out to suck ass.

>>1049239
You can escape for a while.

I always read this shit on here "wherever you go, there you are". It's bullshit. You might actually just be surrounded by shitty people and a shitty city. You can probably figure this out if you leave for a bit.

Traveling has given me enough memories to have been worth it. I'm glad I can sit back and think of some scenery or friends I made when things are going bad in my life. I'm back to my real life now, but at least I got to escape for a few months. I'll always have that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.