[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey gang, I'm driving across the country to New York from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
Hey gang, I'm driving across the country to New York from LA, and then back to LA from New York.

Any tips? Things I need to know? Places I need to see? This is my itinerary.
>>
>>
PRO TIP: don't take interstate see the country side. take your time as much as possible. don't take the same route their and back. enjoy
>>
>>1048564
nm on the same route I see you posted a returning route... should also stop at most national parks they usually rent cabins fairly cheap out of season if your doing this soon.
>>
>>1048551
i would love to drive through this, always wanted to see chicago and seattle
>>
>>1048550
Keep a full sized balanced replacement tire in your trunk and know how to replace it. An extra tank of gas wouldn't hurt either. Change your oil every 3000 miles. Try to avoid driving through Houston and Phoenix during rush hour traffic. Top your tank off before driving through Detroit and New Orleans. Do not stop in Detroit for any reason especially at night.
>>
>>1048573
>Do not stop in Detroit for any reason especially at night
Have you ever been?

It's really not that bad. Sure, you wouldn't want to park on the street at night, but I've walked through downtown Detroit at 2am, filled up my rental car plenty of times at all hours... no problems at all. You'd quickly recognize the streets to not stop on, like Mack Avenue.
>>
>>1048573
desu I just wanted to drive through those two places. Should I even bother?
>>
>>1048579
>downtown Detroit
implying that is the dangerous part of Detroit. Are you even from there? The gentrification of downtown Detroit is in full swing. Pretty soon the Whole Foods will be open 24/7 and you will be able to get an artisanal bagel at 2am.
>>
Goto Albuquerque.
Stay at the hotel blue
Eat at flying saucer
>>
Is it better to visit austin or houston? Is atlanta worth a visit? How about las vegas? Im 18 btw
>>
What's in Richmond Indiana? When are you doing this? How long do you have?

The Canadian Rockies are a lot better than the American's. Winnipeg is kind of shit, and the Canadian highway isn't as good as the interstate. Could you take I-90 to Montana and then drive up?

Check out highway 101 that runs from Washington to California on the Pacific coast, it's a lot nicer than I-5.

>>1051161
It's a lot easier to experience Austin. Houston has 10x more people and space. Atlanta is the best actual city to experience the south, but you're already driving through it. If you don't go Atlanta, you wont go to the coke museum and a rather nice aquarium. If you're from LA, you'll probably go to Las Vegas when you're old enough that it's worth going to. I'd skip it for now
>>
I was going to start a thread but I saw this one so ill join in.
So Im from Europe, 23m, and Im planning a coast to coast trip across the US next summer. It will be around mid July until mid September. The idea is to rent/buy a motorbike, meet my friends in Boston, NY and LA, and along the way find landmarks and feel the true american spirit...
So this is my routes outline
Main checkpoints are Boston, NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Monument valley, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Bunring Man, San Francisco and LA.
Id like to have some advice on small detours I could do to see nice stuff. Anything goes, from a viewpoint to a small concert bar in a hidden alley! Also, is it a bad idea to buy a bike rather than renting one?
Thanks in advance!
>>
So this is my routes outline:
Google maps
/Htsey3CuW5r
>>
>>1051161
There is absolutely no reason to go to Houston except for work.
>>
>>1051167
OP here.

Good buddy I haven't seen in a long time lives there. I was gonna visit and stay for a bit. I've always wanted to visit Canada, so I just placed extended periods in there. I'm gonna try the 101, I wanna drive by the coast. That map doesn't include santa Barbara, which I'm also visiting.

I don't know who that person other person is, that was asking about vegas.

>>1051184
How do I look at this? I tried putting it in GoogleMaps to no avail.
>>
New York is shit except for NYC and the Adirondacks.
>>
On the way back east cut through the middle of the country instead and hit some college towns:

Boulder, CO
Lawrence, KS
Columbia, MO
Lexington, KY
Morgantown, WV

Are just a few fun ones that come to mind. Great music scenes, cheap drinks, hot young women, friendly atmospheres.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.