[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soon travel to the unknown Ukraine... Any tips for do's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: land-oekraïne.jpg (85 KB, 485x346) Image search: [Google]
land-oekraïne.jpg
85 KB, 485x346
Soon travel to the unknown Ukraine... Any tips for do's and DONT's.
>>
>>1048256
Don'ts:

* Visit Donetsk
* Visit Luhansk

Probably nots:
* Visit Mariupol

Maybes:
* Visit Crimea
>>
If you plan on driving, bring small bills for bribing police. Applies for russia and most likely ukraine too :P
>>
>>1048256

look out for fake money. Ukrainians are pretty good at recognizing them. I was given some at a bus station (buying a ticket at the counter).
>>
File: 1441472011004.jpg (244 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1441472011004.jpg
244 KB, 1280x960
Have small bills, don't rely on credit cards being 100% useful, look out for fake bills. Don't get HIV or tetanus in Odessa.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Crimea IS safe and you're able to visit it, but for obvious reasons you'll need a Russian visa. Don't speak ill of the current situation, and get ready for Moscow-tier pricing.
>>
File: 1435232545135.png (445 KB, 507x605) Image search: [Google]
1435232545135.png
445 KB, 507x605
fuck too bad the 1 Into the Ukraine thread that lasted like 6 months died. That thread had so much info. Hopefully the godly anon who made that will post here.

Also I am hoping to go in May or June, I know very very little Russian, but how will I do with English in the Kiev and Odessa areas?
>>
>>1048289
visiting Crimea as EUR guy? Hell no XD
>>
>>1048420
Well in my opinion its still Ukrainian soil. So Hell no i will apply for Russian visa. I do have second thought if Crimea being Safe for EUR people.
>>
>>1048420

I thought you couldn't enter it through Ukraine though with none of the crossings allowing foreigners, someone told me its only open to Russian and Ukraine nationals.

Though flights and getting in on a ferry from Russia is completely fine, i think they just prefer to screen you before you arrive encase you a journalist or something.
>>
>>1048465

Ukraine itself its open of course. Parts where the "mighty" Russia has his dick shown maybe not. But still even the Crimea is not recognized as Russian ground. So in theory all EU people can just go there. That you will get arrested by ILLEGAL Russian idiots. Thats a different topic. Anyway If they want to arrest me. Be my guest. It will open pandoras box right. I am with Ukraine....
>>
>>1048468
Then you are a fucking moron, Crimea is as Russian, has always been Russian.
>>
>>1048469
>Crimea is as Russian, has always been Russian.

Well that's open to debate.
>>
>>1048469

Sorry but Russia GAVE it away right? You can not just take it back? Why start a fucking war. Its just a matter of showing off. Here you have my candy. Oh no gimme back back my candy you are enjoying it to much.

Calling me a moron? Go fist yourself in the bathtub you people hating bastard. Because people like you wars exists in this world.
>>
>>1048256

maybe wait until the war ends m8, just saying
>>
>>1048256

the parts where its cheeki breeki 24/7 are just the shitty eastern parts anyway where you wouldn't want to go
>>
>>1048477

This would not be an option. Since my girlfriend is from there. So not really :).

>>1048478

Its true that the east part is tricky. Still her parents live around this area :). So Better be good informed right?
>>
>>1048469
Only since 1783.
It was Mongol/Turkish/Tatar before that.
>>
>>1048492

Finally some one did his homework. Yes Totally true. And even when it was Russian soil. Why start a fucking war? There is enough trouble in the world...
>>
>>1048458
Why not? It's not like you're going to get arrested or anything, as long as your documents are in order. I know of a few Americans and many Russians who have traveled there.

>>1048460
That kind of opinion will get you beat up by thugs.
>>
File: stanmyground.jpg (112 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
stanmyground.jpg
112 KB, 480x360
>>1048503
Rather stan(d) my ground for something. F*ck all those corrupt idiots. If we all would raise our voice and fists. Corruption has no chance. Rather be arrested and beat up and creating political awareness then bow for those whom dictate....
>>
>>1048512
This isn't /pol/, and this surely isn't your political agenda blog. If you wanted self-righteous advice, we would tell every person who visits the Middle East to scream 'Allahu ackbar' all the time and go tell jihadists about his trip to Israel.

>Corruption has no chance
>Visiting Ukraine

You're in for a surprise.
>>
Do go to Chernobyl. Pretty humbling. It's doable as a daytrip. You need to go on a guided tour for obvious reasons.
>>
>>1048474

Was given to Ukraine during the Cold War when it was see.n as a satellite state and 100% never expected to split with Russia in the way it has now. It was kinda to be expected that they went that route when the Ukrainian government started looking more pro western.
>>
>>1048256
DO:
-have pelmeni, chicken Kyiv
-go to Chernobyl/Prypyat
-go hiking in the Carpathians
-check out Lviv and Odessa
-hang out in the countryside

DONT:
-speak Russian
-go to the east
>>
>>1048256
Im ignorant of Ukraine’s situation, whats so dangerous about these areas, and why is it so shitty?
>>
File: bard.png (373 KB, 335x463) Image search: [Google]
bard.png
373 KB, 335x463
>>1049188

Because there's a fucking war going on, you dolt. Have you seriously not heard about it?
>>
>>1048906

>DON'T speak russian

so i'll be ok with english there i assume then?
>>
>>1049202
No, at least not outside of Kiev. Russian is your best backup language, albeit people may be resentful of its use in certain parts of the country. Though the inverse can be said about Ukrainian in, say, Donetsk.

Just like Russia, English proficiency is low. At least learn Cyrillic.
>>
>>1049202

That poster has no idea what he's talking about. Honestly, Russian is fine in most parts of the country - nearly every Ukrainian speaks it. Nobody is going to assume you're some kind of Russian separatist.
>>
>>1048256

Don'ts:

* Visit Ukraine
>>
>>1048289
>Ukraine
>crimes
Slowpoke.jpg
>>
>>1050135
*crimea
>>
Hi,

Just got back from this beautiful country. I can tell you you are all wrong! Never ever had such a great visit to a country, War? dont go there dont do this? Cmon people. Are you really that brainwashed by the media? It was all great and east? Well yes there is some disturbance but to say I did not felt safe. No I felt very safe to be honest. Vareniki,Pelmeni and Borsch I did it all! I loved every second and please consider all your thoughts about this country. ITs not as bad as the media describes trust me.
>>
>>1048474

Crimea voted to be Russian
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.