[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ethiopia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: ethiopia.jpg (192 KB, 720x797) Image search: [Google]
ethiopia.jpg
192 KB, 720x797
Hey /trv/

Any advice on traveling through Ethiopia? I have a flight booked next Saturday to Addis. I have family that I will meet for the first time in Bahir Dar. What are some other cities to visit? Things to do?

Ill be there for 3 months. I'm interested in hiking, camping, wildlife, eating kitfo and tibbs and smoking pot.

I would consider myself a budget traveler. How much can you expect to spend a day on food and accommodation?
>>
>>1046933
If you're a darkie, I guess it will be easier to blend in. White folks stand out, for better and worse. On the other hand, once people realize you're a "rich" westerner, it'll be the same expectation that you give them money. Often, 'white' = rich, western, regardless of skin colour.

Overall it's a poor shite country desu, but one of the better ones in the region in terms of stability and economic growth (for what that's worth). Don't need to tell you to stay away from Somalia. See some highlands, see some baboons, monastaries, etc.

IME, most African dank is grown by grannies in the backyard ditch. Cheap by the brickload, yea, but you'll be needing that much to have any effect, and shit will kill your lungs.

Ethiopian chicks can be pretty hot, and to date, boning a fine young Ethiopian exchange student remains one of my favourite sexual memories. Good luck.
>>
>>1046933
Sup OP, never been there myself but there's a Dangerous Roads episode on it, might check that for the funs.
>>
>>1046944
How was transportation around the country? And is hitchhiking around the country a possibility?

Where would you recommend for the best nature and wildlife? I'm a bit of a poorfag and don't really wanna pay park fees for camping.

What were the consequences if caught with ganj? Did police ever randomly search you? I remember being pulled off a bus and having my whole bag searched in India by coppers.
>>
>>1046933
Are you white? If yes, expect to be treated as walking ATM.

The shittiestest country I've ever visited.
>>
>>1048676
Not him, but I'm light brown. I'm Mexican but I've been mistaken for Middle Easterner before. I assume I also count as white there?
>>
>>1046944
I'm worried about diseases, including aids. any tips?
>>
>>1048676
>>1048701
Half Mexican half Ethiopian. I can really blend in anywhere so it shouldn't be so bad. I just arrived here. Gonna try to get off 4chan...
>>
>>1049104
Wow, that's an interesting mix.
>>
>>1049104
how did your parents meet?
storytime.
>>
>>1049237
Typical California story.

Pops (Ethiopian) had been granted refugee status in the States and my mom (Mexican)..... took the scenic route to get there.. They were working next to each other, my mom as a cashier at Burger King and my dad as manager at Jack in the Box. One day, after being fed up with Whoppers, my mom went to Jack in the Box to switch things up. The manager made an impression on her and 3 months later they were living together. A year later they shat me out. Aaand they are now happily living divorced from each other.
>>
>>1049242
sweet,
eres paisano o mas moreno?
>>
>>1049244
Any resemblance of culture I have was passed down from my mom. I speak Spanish and being from California I made trips there every other year. I have an Ethiopian face, but I'm definitely paisano.
>>
File: 1425482110131.jpg (34 KB, 658x569) Image search: [Google]
1425482110131.jpg
34 KB, 658x569
>>1047048
I myself am trying to organize a three weeks trip to the north and Harar. Could you share a link with this episode? Streaming if possible. I find very mixed opinions on doing Ethiopia independently, that could help
>>
>>1049331
>Any resemblance of culture I have was passed down from my mom. I speak Spanish and being from California I made trips there every other year. I have an Ethiopian face, but I'm definitely paisano.
So your nickname is Negro?
>>
File: IMAG0701.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0701.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
Couldn't find any vaccines in Kazakhstan, so I planned to get 'em done in Addis. Every hospital told me that they don't have vaccines for typohid or hep A simply because there is no need for them. Overtaken by defeat, I did the next most logical thing.
>>
>>1049357
which is?
>>
>>1049358

Apparently eat raw meat.
>>
>Booked a 3 month trip to Ethiopia
Hurr u guys what is there to see and do in Ethiopia????

You didn't think this through before going to Ethiopia for MONTHS?
>>
>>1049440
gross
>>
File: grandmas house.jpg (1 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
grandmas house.jpg
1 MB, 2688x1520
>>1050668
Hey man, no need to speak like that here.

I spent the first part of my holiday around Central Asia and had used most of my time researching what to do there. I have family here and knew I would have time to sort out what I'd be doing here while traveling to the villages to find my family.

Just wanted to hear what /trv/ experienced and wondered if they could offer some recommendations.
>>
File: champagneshits.gif (852 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
champagneshits.gif
852 KB, 499x281
>>1050701

When asked if it was safe to eat, I got a big speech about packaged meats back home and how much more harmful it is. I survived and it wasn't all that bad.

>pic related
There's not enough toilet paper here to justify eating raw meat again.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.