[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who like Dubai,You travel to Dubai,You see cara Gold?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (432 KB, 2048x1021) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
432 KB, 2048x1021
Who like Dubai,You travel to Dubai,You see cara Gold?
>>
>>1046857
Car gold
>>
>>1046858
Yes i see car gold
>>
>going to shitty terrorist countries
>>
>>1046862
This is /trv/, lots of like to travel. Sorry if somebody likes something you don't like.
>>
There's a dude that drives a batmobile in Dubai, like from the Christian Bale movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKFCLD7r3UU
>>
>>1046862
>hey lets all stay home on the trv board guys......
>>
>>1046857
Never been to a more soleless, boring, manufactured place.
>>
>>1046905
This, I stayed there 3 months on a study abroad. Theres absolutely no culture. You can see everything "worth" seeing in 1 week, maybe 2 if you're super wealthy. 90% of the stuff there you can get everywhere else in the world, except for maybe a designer hijab. Most of the restaurants will actually be worse because they don't cook with alcohol. TGIFridays is absolutely terrible when theres no Jack Daniels allowed
>>
>>1046905
>>1046906
Kek. Poster numbers dictate this was same fagging.
>>
i wanna visit Dubai before it inevitably crumbles and becomes derelict. Then i wanna visit its ghost town version when shit does go down.
>>
>>1046911
>911
it takes 45 seconds to post after submitting a post, so its not likely
>>
>>1046918
The Emirates know what their doing. At the rate their going the global economy would have to crumble for them to crumble. They know the UAE is running out of oil, hence the diversification. Setting themselves up to be a tourist destination, a banking/business hub, and a transportation hub. I know many of you are familiar with layovers there's, but a lot of things move surface out of Fujairah and Jebel Ali. Gover mentioned has made smart decisions like the free trade zone there and in Dubai. Movie subsidies, which was why Fast 7 was filmed in Abu Dhabi. Emirati population is quite small, too, so it doesn't take a lot to actually run that country, which is every citizen gets a fat check from the government and doesn't pay taxes.

Also if you say there is no culture in Dubai, or UAE at large, you never ventured across the river and only went to the shiny parts of the city
>>
>>1046911
You are so dumb
>>
>>1047006
Great retort
>>
>>1046921
Posts are 12 minutes apart, and did you see the number of posters vs the post count when he responded?
>>
>>1046905
>>1046906

My uncle lived there for a couple of years and grew to like it. I travel to India fairly often and always used to make an effort to stop by Dubai on the way there, if it was convenient. To be honest, I rather liked the place. You can definitely see most of the main tourist attractions within the span of a week, but it's still a large city with a lot to do. It's an especially good place if you like to people watch.

One of my favorite things to do in Dubai was take the Metro from where my uncle lived - about a thirty minute walk from the Business Bay station, in Jumeirah, over to al-Ras. You can easily forget you're in the Emirates once you get lost in the little alleyways and congested streets north of the Creek. That area is mostly Indian and Pakistani and Arab migrant workers, and it's fucking crazy!
>>
:v
>>
>>1046873
Is Dubai
>>
I often hear dubai is overrated, but theres got to be something worth doing and seeing right? I would obly go for a few days.
Is abu dahbi also boring?

I mean the same people who say its overrated say vegas london and paris are overrated so taking it with a grain of salt
>>
>>1046857
Dubai is hell.
>>
>>1046956

Sorry but I don't think you have read anything on the UAE and their financial problems.
>>
>>1047488

Vegas is not like London or Paris, but you're right, it is like Vegas in the sense that people with no taste love it.
>>
>>1047508
Sorry, but I don't think you have read how they have recovered from their financial crisis. The problems are past tense http://www.forbes.com/sites/chriswright/2014/06/09/how-dubai-got-its-mojo-back-but-has-it-learned-anything-along-the-way/
>>
>>1047510
Theres nothing wrong with vegas at all. Theres tons to do there and tons of appeal
>>
File: 1376326798615.jpg (6 KB, 166x231) Image search: [Google]
1376326798615.jpg
6 KB, 166x231
>>1047510
Vegas is a truly unique place with tons of character. It's got history and its own campy charm. Even if gambling is not your thing, you can see a show, go to the Grand Canyon, or even try shooting a real god damn mini gun at one of the anything-goes gun ranges in the area. Absolutely not the same as Dubai, you are crazy.
>>
>>1047588
Dubai has desert excursions and cultural tours as well. I reckon the point is their both LARGELY manufacturerdue cities in the middle of the desert. And since that is their major advertused appeal most people can't see beyond that
>>
Dubai is perfect
>>
File: BfLUQwqIUAA5uUH.jpg (51 KB, 599x486) Image search: [Google]
BfLUQwqIUAA5uUH.jpg
51 KB, 599x486
>>
>>1047754
great
>>
I like Dubai than EE.UU
>>
This has got to be the worst thread on /trv/ right now, in regards to quality of posts.
>>
>>1046857
UAE is garbage. A country built by slaves, it will be reduced to sand in less than half of a century
>>
>>1048694
>A country built by slaves

Like the United States?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.