[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blue zones (longevity)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 440px-Old_Sardinian_Man.jpg (27 KB, 440x293) Image search: [Google]
440px-Old_Sardinian_Man.jpg
27 KB, 440x293
I don't know a better place to ask this question, so here goes.

The Blue zones of the world Okinawa japan
Sardinia Italy
Icaria Greece
Ect
Are regularly studied regarding what they eat and what they do for a living.

But I can't find anything documenting their hygine habits online anywhere.. I figure it'd be interesting to know how much these people bathe, what soaps they use if any.. toothpaste, shampoo, if it's common in those areas to clean your pooper with water rather than toilet paper. If they use mouthwash or any other products big companies want us to buy to improve our health
>>
>>1046634
Its not the food or they hygiene anon. Those are countries that have not yet been torn to bits by feminism.
>>
>>1046634
its probably mostly genetic.
>>
>>1046650
please just stop posting these stupid memes
>>
File: 462662202.jpg (172 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
462662202.jpg
172 KB, 396x594
I want to live as long as possible but the only info that came out of this study that I could see using was " eat more beans".
Easy for me since I fucking love bean burritos
>>
I don't think it has to do with hygene at all, the only way people here had bath for centuries was with some shitty homemade soap.
It's all about genetics and a healthy lifestyle as well as a healthy diet and little stress
>>
>>1046812
Maybe "more beans" is a type of bean, like "lima beans?"
>>
regarding sardinia the secret is fucking sheep, apparently.
Also seafood
>>
It's all about the lifestyle. What do all those things have in common? Islands which are not great sources of commerce. People in those places live very slow paced lives. There's little to no stress, there's a lot less influence from the outside world, almost a time capsule.

Think about what is causing us so much stress. Not earning enough money, immigrants moving in and making our neighborhoods worse, property prices going up, and so on. When you live in these secluded places all you worry about is what's for dinner the next day. The communities are tighter together and help each other out.

When it comes to food, the only differences that probably make a big influence is that people eat unprocessed food there. It's things they catch and raise and not some factory made canned meat slime. Eating a lot of fish and probably that yam in Okinawa does have some influence but eating yams is not what's going to make you live long.
>>
>>1046634

Okinawans have to cultural thing of not eating until they feel completely full, so that when your stomach catches on theat there is food in it it isn't overstuffed. A simple thing but the okinawans attribute longevity to it. Dunno what the nuances of the diet are.
>>
>>1047167
This is an actual thing. They can make mice live 30% longer by giving them the bare minimum of calories. Cells end up dying faster and don't become cancerous.
>>
This BBC show changed my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs

this covers stuff like the mice living longer.
>>
File: 1439302327673.gif (3 MB, 410x261) Image search: [Google]
1439302327673.gif
3 MB, 410x261
>>1047057
Enjoy farting your ass off and becoming a social pariah
>>
>>1047089
wow, I would never fuck a sheep man
>>
>>1049287
well that's okay since you're supposed to fuck a sheep, not a sheep man
>>
>>1047208
Why would you want to do this? Isn't life long enough now with modern healthcare? I don't want to put myself through years of starving myself only so I can live 10 more shitty years where I'm old and useless to everyone around me. I hope to live to 75. No point in going after that.
>>
>>1049372
But you will be much healthier at 75 with this diet than you would otherwise be.
You could still be scuba diving and flying planes and just having a gay old time.
If you go the opposite direction , you will become and old man much faster.
>>
Lel, Sardinian master race here.

Enjoy your 60 years of life.
>>
File: sardine1.jpg (65 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
sardine1.jpg
65 KB, 450x338
>>1050834
Enjoy your life being packed into a tin can with mustard sauce you disgusting manlet undergrown baitfish.
>>
>>1046634
Dental health matters, because of plaque/decay being related to heart disease too.

The rest does not unless you are concerned about food borne illness leading to death. Skin conditions reduce the quality of life, but unless you have gangrene toes, you won't die from ugly skin. What bathing does do is improve allergies, asthma, and stress reduction. Could make some scientific conclusions there, but there's zero need to study it...because as another anon stated, it's coming down to genetics being more important than one's diet and exercise habits.

Any culture that went through starvation times, lean times, such as a period of history in Japan, or those that went through great depression, you might find some evidence now about calorie restriction, but all the money and diet change in the world won't help you if you have cancer genes. Did you relatives check out early or what? The best two things you can do is maintain savings and insurance standards such that you will always get checkups, preventative care that isn't the minimum, or forgo something that isn't covered by insurance or copays because you're a broke person. Be mindful of your future with savings/retirement planning, and get as low a stress job as possible, and you'll hopefully live the kind of opposite of a Type A personality and last a bit longer.
>>
>>1050925
>but all the money and diet change in the world won't help you if you have cancer genes.

This is not at all true. If you are high risk for colon cancer due to family inheritance , calorie restriction will benefit you more than anyone else. It can take you from very high risk to low to moderate risk even with the genetic predisposition.
>>
>>1046634
nyc is a blue zone...
i think its because the old people grew up with a sense of culure and community, can get cheap fruit and veg from carts all over, good water quality
>>
File: 1444834523951.gif (34 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1444834523951.gif
34 KB, 500x353
>>1050932
Now I know you are trolling
>>
File: longevity hotspots.jpg (55 KB, 756x427) Image search: [Google]
longevity hotspots.jpg
55 KB, 756x427
>>1050934
Sorry , wrong image.
>>
>>1050906
Aight i laughed.
>>
>>1050927
>This is not at all true. If you are high risk for colon cancer due to family inheritance , calorie restriction will benefit you more than anyone else. It can take you from very high risk to low to moderate risk even with the genetic predisposition.
Yea, no. What saves a person with that predisposition is frequent checkups and removing polyps before cancer changeover. There's no diet restriction that will prevent the polyp, but it's highly curable, if someone gets a light in there and gets them out as soon as they form.

Think some some rich people with cancer...Steve Jobs...Linda McCartney, just to name two, and the list will in fact go on and on, people who touted their healthy diets and got nailed by cancer anyway. Money and education doesn't beat cancer, though it helps with treatment costs.

Don't be a sheep and talk about "low to moderate" risk as something you don't anything about. Calorie restriction is only one level above junk science at the moment. You don't have a study of any reputable value,, and in fact, dozens of studies on fiber, soluble and insoluble, and that very regular fiber being good for polyp formation prevention. The rest of the diet for those folks is the AHA heart healthy recommendations.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.