[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to fly with a plane, and I'm scared as fuck. Help!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Z2zosjrOwF0C[1].jpg (29 KB, 381x328) Image search: [Google]
Z2zosjrOwF0C[1].jpg
29 KB, 381x328
I'm going to fly with a plane, and I'm scared as fuck. Help!
>>
Don't be
>>
>>1046606
/thread
>>
File: snow plane angel.jpg (130 KB, 1400x1060) Image search: [Google]
snow plane angel.jpg
130 KB, 1400x1060
Planes are fun. Planes are your friend.
>>
>>1046538

there really isn't anything to be afraid of. they are really safe, and once you are up at cruising altitude, you don't even notice that you are moving. In general flying on a large aircraft is a very smooth ride. Its like riding on a Bus but with a incredible view
>>
>>1046538
>dun be scared just b urself lol
Ask your doctor to give you ativan.
>>
File: PlaneR.jpg (151 KB, 1198x642) Image search: [Google]
PlaneR.jpg
151 KB, 1198x642
>>1046538
Flying with a plane isn't all that big of a deal. Some people may stare but if you're going to be together you will have to accept that your relationship is nonstandard.
>>
read this thread >>>1043132 , it will help with your anxiety.
>>
>>1046538
UUUU
>>
what are you afraid of?

Fuel tank explosion?
Mid-air collision?
Uncontrolled decompression?
Controlled flight into terrain?
Runway incursion?
Bird strike?
Shootdown?
Structural failures?
Bomb?
Hijacking?

Statistically planes are very safe OP
>>
>>1046538
Irrational fears are something you should see a psychologist about, asking 4chan for medical advice is a very bad idea.
>>
I am sorry anon, but it is bad news. Your plane is going to crash. Back in 2011 it had a small bump with an annexe skywalk and what was an invisible hairline fracture in the fuselage has been getting bigger and bigger. The morning of your flight will be unseasonably cold, then will warm up before your departure, further stressing the fracture. You and all your fellow passengers are going to die, naked and screaming, while strapped into your seats.
>>
Think of it as a big bus.. that helped me.
>>
>>1048091
statistics don't lie, but statistics don't die either
>>
>>1046538
Try flying IN one instead.
it will still be an impressive feat but at least this way, if you fail, you won't plummet to your death.
>>
>>1048257
A big bus rocketing through the clouds at around 1000km/h, 10000 meters above the ground with no means of escape.
>>
>>1048269
think of it as a big bus while being on acid then
>>
>>1048270
I'd rather not spend hours trapped in a melting tin can full of demons.
>>
>>1046538
Think about how there's so many people who chose to do their jobs in a plane, and how they're putting money aside for their retirement.
Incidentally, most if not all of those who chose this path, reach the age for retirement.
>>
Just read >>1043132

And if you panic, stand up and shout allah akbar until you get taken down and get sedated.
>>
>calm down OP, now is not the time for fear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9neFAM4uZM
>>
>>1048269
Well i left that part out for obvious reasons :)
>>
Keep your mind busy with other things. Listen to music, read a book etc
>>
>>1046538
opposed to what fly with a bird.?
>>
>>1048119
Pschologists are shit, they help you learn more about anxiety and phobias but the only cure is for you to put yourself in situations that make yourself uncomfortable and desensitise yourself to them.

t.Recovering agoraphobic and have other anxiety shit
>>
>>1046538
If you're scared of flying with a plane, you should try flying without one.

>>1048198
>naked and screaming, while strapped into your seats
Why did they get naked? And then strap themselves back in? Are you telling me they're going to be interrupted mid-orgy to die? Isn't that a way to go? Would the wind shear on your dick hurt? Do you lose your boner when you're scared, or do you get a super boner because you're scared?
>>
XANAX
A
N
A
X

seriously, I fly a ton, but still get scared shitless by turbulence, xanax is your best friend
>>
Did the OP survive the flight?
>>
>>1049363
Not that guy, but the pressure change when the hull blows out tears people's clothes off. Lots of the bodies in plane crashes where the plane broke up at high altitude are always naked.
>>
>>1046685
underrated post
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.