[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good travel shows i can watch online?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (408 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408 KB, 1500x1000
Are there any good travel shows i can watch online?
>>
>>1045802

Departures.
>>
>>1045813
>it's a Justin tries to say something smart episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_el7ED2v150&t=11m29s
>>
>>1045813

I like that show. It gets kind of weird when they try to be "deep", but it;s the show that made me want to travel.
>>
>>1045813
Kinda broish

We need a modern day rick steeves who is not so euro centric

Bordain would be good if it wasnt all about food
>>
>>1045819
wow thats neat. is that on netflix?
>>
>>1046070
First 2 seasons on Netflix. 3rd on Youtube. Apparently Scott has been trying to convince Netflix for a season 4 contract.
>>
>>1045813

I agree with this.

Its by far the best realistic description of travel, they travel basically as any normal person would.

Lots of travel documentaries tend to be super scripted and completely organised, while these are good to learn about major tourist attractions and history they give you no perspective on the journey, have scripted interactions with locals, give no indications of problems along the way & offer nothing that is not on the tourist trail. Other major issue is that they often get media access & transport is not shown or is private transport (which is out of reach for most of us).

I also liked long way around for similar reasons as departures, people tell me madventures is good and others say they dont like it because they say it always goes for the shock factor.
>>
>bump

For promoting independent youtupe or web

Travalers
>>
>>1046879
here are some friends of mine. they couldn't get this show funded through the state broadcaster of new zealand but managed to make all their moneyback through onselling their show to the travel chanel. should give me hope should i ever want to produce travel television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlEZNN9mfUU
>>
I really enjoy Globe Trekker. I don;t know about it's availability online. Hell, it's barely available on PBS.
>>
HK2NY is a pretty good series, a bit broish and pretentious as well as touristy but it's got its moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0z81SQSh10
>>
>>1045802
Madventures
>>
>>1046912
>female "travelers"

Ugh
>>
>>1046058
>implying food isn't the best part of traveling
>>
I feel like travel shows are for people who cant or wont travel

For someone like me who travels to new places ofyen, i feel like its a bit of a spoiler
>>
>>1047236
As someone who is currently sitting in Dhulikhel, after 2.8 years of travel, nah you are wrong.
>>
An Idiot Abroad

Funniest piece of TV I've seen in a while, all with a recurring theme of travel
>>
>>1047258
>.
Cute.

You couldve made a mature post but your whopping 2 POINT 8 yeats of travel hasnt taught you much i seem
>>
>>1047236
Eh, in some ways i agree. I'm 38 and have been traveling a lot since i was 18. And i get your point about these shows being a spoiler, there's a bunch of good info some of these shows relay. I don't give a shit about where these people eat or what sights they see or where they get a beer. But a shitload of them give great information about other aspects of traveling.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.