[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are state border checks like? I'm moving from california
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: nms-party-fulmar.jpg (86 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
nms-party-fulmar.jpg
86 KB, 720x540
What are state border checks like?
I'm moving from california into oregon, and bringing a bunch of reptiles with me. Nothing is actually illegal, but I don't want to deal with all the shit I would imagine i'd get going through a border check with a fuckload of exotic animals. Are there even checks? Is it only on major highways or are there other ways to go?
>>
Does any US state other than California even have state-state border checks?
>>
lol...you must be from la

no border checks for personal vehicles
>>
Yuropoor here. We went ona roadtrip from Florida to California and didn't encounter a single border check.
>>
>>1045510
I've been to a majority of US states and never once encountered a border check. Honestly didn't even know those were a thing. Maybe for trucks hauling freight?
>>

▲ ▲
>>
>>1045510
Are you fucking serious m8

Youve never left your state before?
>>
>>1045510
Vehicles are stopped in some areas briefly and you are asked if you have any fruits or vegetables. Tell them "no", and you get to go. I have traveled CA-OR many times and have six lizards
>>
>>1045510
Thanks for the laugh OP.
>>
No such thing as state border checks
>>
I've literally never heard of a "border check" anywhere within the US.
>>
>>1046345
The used to have them in california and arizona . Mostly checking for fruit when fruit flies were a big problem.
>>
>>1045510
This is bait right?
You want to draw out Europeans who will go on about how shitty USA is because it has border checks everywhere in internal borders?
>>
Only time I experienced a problem with cali border checks was when I was bringing split lodgepole pine into the state and the border person removed all the wood with beetle holes in them.
>>
>>1045510
Is this strictly a CA thing? I've lived in the Northeast and Southeast my entire life and have crossed borders hundreds of times and have literally never encountered one.
>>
theres an agricultural checkpoint going from NV to CA on 15. you hit it coming back from vegas. but all they ask is if you have any fruits or vegetables.
>>
>>1046351
They still have them in CA, I know there's one on 80 between Reno and Sonner Pass.
>>
They are only for invasive plants
>>
>>1046510
That's the only one I can think of in CA.
But the CA new home investigator
may have a question for your alligator
>>
>>1045510
>>1045541
>>1046296
>>1046330
>>1046353
>>1046390
California is the only state that has them.

Yes, they do stop personal vehicles entering the state and ask if you have fruit, which is fucking stupid because half the goddamn fruit in the US comes from California to begin with.

Why is this a thing? Because California's legislature has a history of being special snowflakes.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.