[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have 10k saved up ,possibly 12k if I sell some of my stuff.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1445032852562.png (413 KB, 470x590) Image search: [Google]
1445032852562.png
413 KB, 470x590
I have 10k saved up ,possibly 12k if I sell some of my stuff. Is this enough to backpack SEA(3 months) , Australia (1 month), and South America (2 months).
>>
Where you planning on travelling in SEA ?
>>
>>1044699
Indonesia, Thailand, Laos , Cambodia, Vietnam, and a Malaysia just to see Singapore for a day.
>>
>>1044696
For the full trip? Unless you want to go full hobo mode, no.

Airfare will be in the 3-4k region at least even if you get all flights as super saver specials.
SEA about $25 per day (2250), Australia $50 per day (1500), South America $35 per day (2100) is what you need for hostel, mostly cook your own meals, no/tiny amounts of alcohol, non smoker, minimal public transport/taxi use and maybe going out every other week once.

so
+2250
+1500
+2100
= 8850
add some other stuff you will need like:
a taxi, long train rides, travel insurance, visa fees, doing some crazy stuff, entrance fees, replacement of lost damaged gear/cloths you want about$100 per week.

A healthy reserve of at least $1500 cash for emergencies (just to get home if needed, get a passport replaced, if you get robbed not be fully fucked till your insurance sends some money, and banks can shut down in SEA and South America without notice, so you want cash)
>>
>>1044696
I've the same budget op, I went 2 mounth in Australie now I'm NZ and in january i'm moving to Vietnam,Loas,Cambodia,Thailand,Nepal.

Don't spend your money in party just the essential stuff and take care of your stuff
>>
>>1044696
You could probably live in SEA fora year with a little budgeting and maximum one night a week of partying.
>>
>>1044696

SEA yes, Australia no
>>
So Australia is the deal breaker here? I will be fine doing 3 months in SEA and 2 months traveling South America. Can I fit in another place?
>>
i also have 10k so this thread is super helpful for people opinion on spending and destinations.
>>
>>1044903
Skip either South America or Australia tbh. If i were in your shoes i would go SEA > Aus > NZL.
>>
>>1044916
What am I looking at if I do SEA > New Zealand> South America ?
>>
>>1044953
>Nez Zealand> South America

It must be very expensive for the flight and don't forget NZ it's very expensive country specially if you'ra smoker
>>
>>1044903
the real deal breaker are the flight costs.
Auckland to Santiago de Chile alone will cost you about $1200 for a one way flight.
>>
>>1044903
I spent $4,000 for 3 months in Peru & went out quite a bit including plane trips to Cuzco & the Amazon. My friends didn't go out & had family there & they spent less than $2,000 (including flights)
>>
>>1044903
I spent ~$10K for 6 months in the Philippines. This included:
-2 week trip to Japan
-scuba diving certification in Coron and another diving trip in Batangas
-surfing trips
-hiking trips to Sagada & Mt Pulag
-wakeboard park fees
-eating out at least once/day
-2 hospital stays (food poisoning)
-taxi fares
-bus fares to various places
-fees for visa extension & lost passport

I traveled w/ a friend who was well connected so, saved some money by staying w/ family & friends.

Would strongly suggest that you have a trustworthy connection in each locale and travel w/ a male friend.

Have not met a single woman that hadn't been robbed in Peru--taxi drivers were some of the culprits. Everyone in my family was robbed except me, but I have a pretty muscular build.
>>
Similar question. I plan on going to Japan for 3 months, then SEA, then Italy. All my flights (save for from SEA to Italy) are going to be essentially free because of the miles I racked up on my credit card. I was planning on doing something like workaway or wwoofing to take care of accommodation and maybe even some meals in Japan and Italy, but just doing stuff like hostels in SEA. I hope to spend $4000 but have more saved if really necessary. Does this sound reasonable? Should I plan to do workaway stuff in SEA as well?
>>
>>1044956
Bullshit. You can find one-way flights from around $550,-.
>>
>>1045119
how? I'm trying to find a cheap way into South America. Flights are so expensive
>>
New plan I'm thinking of doing with my 10k-12k

Do 3 months of SEA>come home get a temp job until spring and than head out 2 months for South America>come home and do a roadtrip around USA for the summer
>>
I travelled Vietnam Laos Cambodia Thailand Malaysia Singapore Philippines all in that order and just day to day travel was about $3000 to $3500 and then I had to pay for flights on top. I hear Australia is expensive as fuck so if you want to extend your time as much as possible I'd spend as little time as possible is Aussie land.
>>
are any of your guys getting jobs out there or are you just living off of your savings?
>>
>>1045188
Okay, to be fair, it is difficult as hell. Weird thing as well, cheap flights from NZ have an intermediate stop in AUS, cheap flights from AUS have intermediate stop in NZ. Try matrix.itasoftware.com and be flexible (in time but also airports. Maybe flying from Christchurch (via AUS) is cheaper than from Auckland.).
>>
>>1045759
I plan on doing the same. discouraging that it was $3500 without flight. I was hoping 3k with flight included.
>>
is 2500 enough for a month in thailand? or SEA? (excluding plane ticket)
>>
There are cheap low cost airlines that fly from Malaysia or Singapore to Australia. Malindo and AirAsia and Jetstar I think. You can land in Vietnam and travel by rail to Bangkok, down through Malaysia and into Singapore. You can then take cheap flights from Singapore to Australia. Rail is fucking cheap and there are sleeper cabins. The scenery is nice too.
>>
Australian hereā€”if I was you, with your budget, I'd skip our great country. You can easy do 6 months in SEA inc. partying every other night. Your only quality of life improvement in Australia with your budget would be clean drinking water. If you're going to be eating rice and pre-drinking goon in hostels you may as well make it 3 months in SEA v 1 month in Aus or NZ.

Fly back home and save for a couple of months and then do South America.
>>
>>1046334
Yea. My new plan is to do SEA, and come back home and travel around home country USA, and than eventually do South America.
>>
>>1044696
who is this semen demon
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.