[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plane Ride Horror Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 42524545.jpg (110 KB, 972x696) Image search: [Google]
42524545.jpg
110 KB, 972x696
Let's hear 'em.

What was your worst experience on a plane ride?
>>
> Be me
> Be 7 years old
> Be in turbulent plane
> No sickness bag
> Attendant tries to handle me a garbage bag.
> Puke on her feet
>>
File: 1417214803662.png (269 KB, 435x357) Image search: [Google]
1417214803662.png
269 KB, 435x357
>come back from traveling in NoCal with family
>get aisle seat next to somebody I didn't know
>tired as fuck, nod off pretty much non-stop
>really don't want to be a bother so make my best effort not to fall asleep
>end up getting massive chills every time I nod not unlike the ones you get when you have a panic attack
>this goes on for like 3 hours
>been having huge chills every time I fall asleep when not in a bed since

Not cool.
>>
File: 1426297316579.gif (4 MB, 270x263) Image search: [Google]
1426297316579.gif
4 MB, 270x263
>have to fly to some island in the Mediterranean sea for work
>only option to there is some shitty tourist charter
>I am the only guy in a suit in the whole plane
>in fact, I am the only guy that even is remotely wearing anything that could be considered "dressed"
>shit foot
>hello sir, have nice holidays!
>good evening, we hope you will have a nice holiday!
>we wish you happy hollidays!
>one_more_happy_hollidays_and_ill_snap.jpg
>plane lands
>everyone is clapping
>Happy hollidays!
pic related
>>
>>1043156
But my really worst experience on a plane had nothing to do with the plane or passengers itself. It was only me.

>fly to Svalbard
>Eat some leftovers the day before
>get to airport, total winter chaos, flights cancelled left and right
>My first flight is also cancelled
>go to counter
>WHAT? you want to go the WHERE? where the hell is that?
>I have a 12 hour stopover in Oslo anyways, so no problem
>get rerouted with two more stops and 500km in the wrong direction
>whatever, I have the time
>waiting for first flight
>Damn, whats those noises coming from my bowel?
>Something needs to get out
>go to toilet
>diarrhea with the force of a thousand suns
>OK, thats it
>board plane, takeoff
>Uh, oh, not again
>OK, plane lavatory (on a Dash-8)
>sit down, ass exploding
>shit, I also gotta puke
>hold it in till my ass finally stops shooting
>turn around, puke into somthing which looks like a warzone
>ass time again
>clench asscheeks till puke stops
>repeat the whole ordeal a few times till landing with massive stomach cramps in between
>finally solid ground
>get bussed to terminal
>trying to leave the bus, but cramped so hard that I cant let go of the railing in the bus
>have to ask other passengers if they can please pry open my fingers, so that I can leave the bus
>but my ass stays kinda silent
>next flight
>I look so shitty by now, that they almost refuse to let me on the plane, because they are afraid that they will have to do an emergency landing because of me
>I convince them that I am already better now
>purser has mercy with me
>puts me in empty business class, next to lavatory
>gives me two large bottles of water to rehydrate
>Make it through the flight
>12 hours in Oslo airport and now hotel
>lie on the floor in fetal position and wait for morning to come
>>
>seat is right before the left wing
>take off
>middle of the runway really loud BANG comes from the engine next to me
>plane proceeds to take off
>me and the people around all press the assistance button
>engine next to me is so loud i can barely hear anything
>the window and the panels next to me vibrate real bad, too
>steward comes by "yeah, i can also hear the noise, must be the air conditioning"
>sure, try that excuse on someone who hasn't flown before
>"k, it's the air conditioning i think, no need to worry, but i'll check with the captain"
>kthanks i'll get my earplugs
>earplugs in, headphones on, still my head is about to explode
>steward comes back and says that the captain hasn't found anything out of the ordinary, but is going through the checklist again
>captain says something, but we can't hear it
>steward shouts it so that we can hear it
>apparently the captain said that the engine IS louder than usual, but thinks it's going to be fine when we reach the cruising altitude (or whatever the highest altitude is called)
>he says they've asked for advice from the ground engineers
>we're up already, and it's really a bit more quiet
>almost halfway, they're serving drinks already
>engine next to me shuts down, we're heading towards the ground in a turn
>sandwiches are being served
>one steward shows something on a paper to another, looks a bit worried
>gives me a sandwich anyway
>stewards try to act normal in a worried way
>finally one of the pilots checks in and says we're heading back to where we took off from, cause the ground engineers are interested in the engine
>really quiet flight now, we're just floating with the problematic engine off
>i can't hear with one ear, couldn't hear well for a few days after
>they turn on the engine for a bit at the very last stage of landing
>smooth landing
>as it turned out a flight later, i drop my wallet including my id and all bank cards on the first plane
>just happy to get out
>>
>>1043163
>we switch to another plane
>same pilot checks in "the engineers said that by the distinct smell they could tell it was a birdstrike"
>i spend the next days trying to get an id

apparently the airline can't ship that after you with a different flight. oh well, i was glad the pilot took us back. i would be either deaf or dead by now if that engine kept on vibrating the rest of the (short) flight.
>>
>>1043132
30+ years ago.
Pan Am.
First class, flew standby (read FREE). Got to sit across the aisle from Larry King of all people. No one did first class like Pan Am. Cept for maybe some airlines before it, ie Braniff, National, and anyway deregulation killed it, but that's a different story altogether.
A little bumpy, no biggie. Then....
Clear air turbulence. Lost a total of 3k feet (pilot told my parent later).
All the nice thin crystal glassware, complete with wine, cocktails, whatever you had on your tray, hit the ceilings above each seat and broke. Mess everywhere. Broken leg on the flight. Screaming.
Landed to clean up and get the injured person medical care.

Moral of the story: Keep your seat belt on. Limit your walking around.
>>
>>1043132
Age 23, headed to Israel with several friends, a 14hr flight for me. First flight over 11hrs, so thinking, ehh, no biggie, just a wee bit longer.

Enjoyed my El Al passenger general question interrogation team/gate agents, who question you twice pre and post security, which was quite interesting who they asked you about your plans and remembered your answers from before. Admired the security, I mean.

Comfortable seats, great food, but about 3 hours into the flight, a friend traveling with me starts to have a combative middle seat neighbor, who was spitting and talking obscenities and foaming at the mouth with random crazy talk. Turns out someone forgot their meds! Not a single empty seat on the flight but that person was moved to an aisle bulkhead with limited contact with others around them, and the middle seat from that row sat in a jumpseat for most of the flight. I don't recall if the person was restrained, it was in front of me and my bathroom was behind me. The whole rest of the flight, though, you could hear screaming and carrying on, no matter where in the plane you were located. Unnerving I'm sure if you didn't have great headphones to drown it out.
>>
>>1043171

So Larry King was on the flight when that happened? What was he doing during the ordeal?

And how did the other guy break his leg exactly?
>>
>>1043163
Ehh, planes fly all the time into birds, especially on takeoff. It's strange a pilot didn't know it all along. It's pretty serious actually, the damage they cause is catastrophic, and they smack windshields and nose cones as well as engines, but...flying without one engine is fine if you have 3 or more, they often shut one off when something isn't right, and then use for balance at landing. The real issue is if it's just that where there is one bird, there usually more than one, you see. Not good to risk it at all, if you only have two engines.

You won't catch me on a single engine plane EVER again, needless to say.
>>
>>1043176
Passengers out of their seat during turbulence fall, and sometimes when the loss of lift happens, people hit the ceiling and hurt their necks and backs (usually flight attendants in a galley). On the flight I was on, it was someone standing in an aisle talking to a seated passenger. They fell against that 747 center console area that had dessert and cordials laid out.

Larry King was just starting the CNN gig at this time. He was a local news radio host of only local fame mostly. I was pretty young. But before meal service, my father had introduced me to him and had a little chat, and then we left him alone. How did he behave after we all almost died? Overall, there was this calm quiet and tense kind of desire to just land from everyone. Flight attendants had cloth napkins and those wet towels, but they stayed in their seats for a long time before that happened. People were kind of picking at the glass on their clothes and hair.
>>
>>1043156
Haha where the fuck was it? Malta? Cyprus? Some Greek or Spanish island full of Brits?
>>
>During drink service
>2nd flight ever
>Tiny plane
>Turbulent flight
>Shaking everywhere
>Seat belt on
>Feel my ass lifting from the seat.
>See air hostess hit the ceiling of the cabin and fall on another passenger.
>Shaking for another 5 minutes.

I was fucking scared.
>>
>>1043238
Big turbulence is fucking terrifying.
Yes, I know it's usually not dangerous, fuck off nerds.
>>
>>1043260
Actually it can be pretty dangerous. 25% of all crashes are related to turbulence.

But, the kind of anxiety >>1043238
is talking about is silly. If you relinquish control, you simply get right with god, and it's all out of your hands.
>>
>>1043224
>Cyprus?
Bingo. But with Germans instead of Brits.
I dont really mind people going somewhere for fun (we all do that), but I absolutely hate it, when they are trying as hard as they can to fulfill every "tourist" cliche they can.
>>
>>1043132
>flying to teneriffa
>island with not so long landing strip
>we land
>brakes dont work
>lift off immediatly
>fly to military airport with longer landing strip so the pilot can brake with the engine
>brakes work
>waited for a hour while they looked whats wrong, found nothing
>pilot decides to fly back to the normal airport
>we are landing
>brakes arent working again
>fly back to military airport
>brakes work again
>wait several hours for bus to pick us up
>>
>It was pretty cold on an Emirates flight one time.
>Some old lady got out of her seat 20 secs before touchdown to turn of the fan above her seat causing the staff to yell.
That's basically it. Though I was very shaky and hungover on a flight from Thailand to Indonesia one time, sitting right across the stewardess who kept staring at me for some reason. Was half expecting to be picked up by customs to be checked for drugs or something after landing, but nothing happened.
>>
I once got on a flight and had to sit in business class instead of first

felt like crying the whole time, there was only 1 shower between 5 of us
>>
>>1043132
Nothing on the tier of these stories but had one flight very much like that pic. Flew back to London from Turkey and we flew through a fucking fuck off lightning storm over the Balkans. The plane was having a fit and it was like the bloody apocalypse outside. Honestly thought I was going to die.
>>
>>1043318

Kek, did you get refunded?
>>
>>1043385
nope
>>
A pretty ordinary one.

>8 hour flight over the Atlantic
>window seat
>in the middle seat is a fat guy
>so fat that I'm squeezed against the window
>the fat fuck also snores loudly and has smelly farts
>>
>>1043132
Nothing all that bad. Have twice had flights turn around and return to departure airports because of mechanical problems, once resulting in a very rough landing surrounded by emergency vehicles a few km from the terminal in Hanoi; once resulting in driving all night with two exhausted toddlers on Christmas Eve. Oh, and:
>Land in Detroit after 20+ hours transit from Asia
>Have gastroenteritis
>Vomit all over customs hall
>(On the plus side, I'm rushed right through the line)
>Use barf bag for the first time ever, while still on runway for my connection.
>>
Only the usual crying toddlers everywhere. Can't comprehend why so many people would go on plane trips with fucking one year olds. Like you selfish bastards can't do without an international vacation for a year or two.
>>
>>1043452
>long haul flight in business class
>ahhh... comfy
>a wild mom with toddler hellspawn appears!
>areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg

Seriously, kids shouldn't be allowed in business class. They should always be put in the farthest seats back.
>>
>>1043132
>be me
>go home from Cuba
>They are selling "sleeping pills"
>it's valium so I buy a shit load of course
>plane is practically empty for some reason
>drink two beers eat some valiums
>watch goofy Indian movie
>pass out across 3 seats
>wake up right before the landing

That was actually an awesome experience
>>
>>1043452
Well, an example that springs to mind would be "We are moving to Destination Country from Origin Country,." Or "Family lives in Destination Country, we want out kids to know their family" or even "Fuck you you sanctimonious little whiner I an take my children with me to travel if I want to."

>>1043455
I would see no issue with saying "business class is for people over the age of XX," that seems reasonable, though I wonder if it would pass legal muster everywhere. Sticking them all in the back seems problematic, though.
>>
>>1043487
>legal muster
I doubt that would be an issue. Airlines are free to set their own rules about that. The bigger issue would be that some soccer moms would be complaining out loud about it about muh discrimination.

Then again, I've flown in business class tens of times and rarely see kids. Pretty expensive to fly the entire family in business after all. Only once a toddler, and maybe 3 times a kid of ~10y, who didn't create problems. I say make the rule that if it doesn't have its own seat, into the back it goes.
>>
>>1043158
All you need to do to get an upgraded seat is have food poisoning? I'll be sure to try it next time.
>>
>>1043487

How about wait a couple years until your toddler isnt such a whinging little snot ball or shut the kid the fuck up for the sake of everyone else. EVERY. SINGLE. FLIGHT. And im from australia so basically all the times ive flown its been 22hrs to europe and theres some cunt who cant shut up their little brat.
>>
>>1043492
You can also get one if you are walking down the hallway and faint without warning and wake up several minutes later tended to by staff giving you first aid. Speaking from experience.
>>
Probably told this story before, but...
>At AMM airport coming out of toilets
>man bumps into me... ouch
>get to the lounge and someone points out I'm bleeding
>look at my arm and there's a prick mark in it and some blood, nothing too bad
>report it at the airport, get on my flight
>on the flight very quickly start burning up
>tell the stewardess what happened
>basically becomes my nurse for the rest of the flight
>embassy informed
>police and ambulance when I arrive
>big diplomatic incident, police at the hospital
>6 figure travel insurance bill
>turned out I had a chest infection, whatever happened at the airport was an unfortunate coincidence
>oops
>>
>>1043487
How about long travels are extremely stressful for infants. This isn't even about the comfort of others, it's about the comfort of your own child.
>>
Family friend just flew from Germany to Toronto. She wanted an isle seat and was given one in the middle row. She gets on and there's a family sitting in all 4 of the seats. She looks at her ticket and says this is my seat to where the family start denying saying her seat must be further back. Without arguing she goes to a flight attendant who tells the family to go sit in their own seats as this one is taken. Flight is full and it turned out the family of 4 had 2 middle seats in this row and 2 more middle like 5 rows down. My friend was saying she'd move back if the other seat was an isle seat but all 4 of their seats were right in the middle.

Anyways, everyone settles in and my friend is sitting next to one of the kids (about 8) and the father. Person in front of the kid lowers their seat to have a nap and the kid starts throwing a tantrum. The father tells the person in front that they have to put their chair up cause the kid doesn't like it. This escalates to an attendant being called again and pretty much telling the father to fuck off. Kid continues kicking the seat in front for the entirety of the time he's sitting there.

Kid gets up to go talk to the mother. Tells my friend to get up so he can go. Comes back after 5 minutes, sits for 5, then asks to go back to his mother. 3rd time this happens my friend says, "how many times are you going to keep getting up?", to which the father replies "you wanted the isle seat so you deserve this now."

Like an hour into the flight the two people who were sitting in the isle seats next to the mother and the other kid switched seats with the father and kid sitting next to my friend because the other kid was throwing a tantrum in the back and they couldn't sleep.

I won't go into what race they were but some people fucking think the world revolves around them...
>>
>>1043179
it was 5 birds, they later said. probably quite small, though. maybe the pilots noticed just didn't tell or something. the bird patrol car arrived to our original plane real quick together with the engineers.
we had two engines, so it was okay.

>>1043452
toddlers can be quiet, too. i actually flew with just as many quiet babies as loud ones. i was told that the key is that the baby should be hungry during take off and landing, cause when they eat, they don't feel the pressure change that much. also if the parent is anxious, the baby's going to be anxious (loud), too.

>>1043507
true.
>>
>>1043455
Who the FUCK brings a child into business class?!
There's a special place in hell for those people.
>>
>>1043318
holy fuck that is terrifying. why the fuck am i reading this thread
>>
>>1043149
can associate. it sucks
>>
>>1043390
jerks who were they
>>
>>1043505
who was the guy supposed to be tho
>>
I've done over 250 flights in the last three years. Highlights:

>scariest
I flew from Chicago to New York on a fifty seater Canadair. Windy as fuq on the NY side for arrival, storms too. I've landed at Chicago plenty and this was somehow worse than any Chicago landing I've ever had. We were wobbling like crazy and I got fucking *air time* on the descent, that feeling of weightlessness normally reserved for roller coasters. We basically landed on the back right tire, and I didn't fear for my life on any flight before or after that one (and I have been on planes that have declared emergencies before). We skidded down part of the runway sideways before the pilot recovered.

>aggravating/regretful
I was at a business event in Orlando and fucking tired from a week of schmoozing and talking to people from my company. I was flying us airways back to Philly (an hq for the company). Many of us got discount A fares that were economy prices but first class. We get dropped at MCO at three and get through security and are left... In a satellite terminal with only one place to drink (Ruby Tuesday's). Everyone is drinking here (90% of the terminal is employees of the company, going towards gates or bathroom is no escape).

3pm we arrive. The leg is delayed on the way in from London to Philly so philly to Orlando is late and we are fucked.

We leave at 11pm.

Now shit is okay in the first cabin. It was an A330 with lie flat seats in first. The flight attendant gave me a rum and coke pretakeoff and when I asked for more the FA left me with two cokes and four nips of rum.

Economy was hell. Four chaperones watching 150 high school seniors. Basically, anarchy.
>>
>>1043578 >continuing
We land in philly after 1am, most of us are fucked up after days of drinking and the delay, plus high school seniors being high school seniors.

We get redirected from baggage belt to baggage belt and forty five minutes later whilst the runaround continues I just stand outside the baggage office.

US AIR baggage handlers saw the A330 and assumed the flight was international. They shipped our luggage to customs. They are not open at 2am.

I am immediately surrounded by a throng of angry business travelers, crying chaperones, and rowdy high school seniors. I am trying to calm down a middle aged mother while telling the quality staff us air employed at 2am how to use SHARES (horrible reservations system) to print a group itinerary.

I get in a cab at 3am (high demand low supply)... And forget my cell phone.

8PM I get my bag. Less than twelve hours later, out the door for my next flight.
>>
Leaving Vegas, had a pre-flight discussion with friends re speed necessary to take off. Board plane, window seat above the wing. On runway, notice we are going pretty fast, go back to crossword. Plane slams on brakes and I jolt forward. Plane slams on brakes again and serves left. I look out the window just in time to see wing impact unknown object, sparks flying. Plane finally comes to a halt and pilot cones on PA requesting everyone remain seated w seat belts on. Bullshit homie, I'm ready to run from an explosion!!!
>>
>>1043579
>worst luck
In April of 2013 I was working in Illinois. Far enough from Chicago to connect.

The day before I connected to chicago to return home, American Airlines' reservation computers were down. They could board flights. They gave to rebook everyone on other carriers. Wednesday flights go from half full to completely full.

Enter Wednesday, the day of my travel.

I wake up to a 6am robocall saying my flight was cancelled and my itinerary would be adjusted.

I went through ten itineraries that day.

I immediately rebook to a morning flight... But I cannot avoid the hellish storms pounding the area.

Scheduled departure at 10am. Actual 4:30. We boarded and deplaned three times before boarding a fourth time.

I get to Chicago at 5pm...anarchy. Restaurants have no space. Vendors ran out of bottled water. People are passed out, bodies leaning against any surface. People are getting canceled on Wednesday and getting rebooked for Monday.

Bathrooms are worse than desperate. Nary a power outlet or seat.

I lucked out and got home... On a 6pm scheduled departure that left after midnight and arrived in philly after 3am.

Door to door was over 18 hours for 1,000 miles.
>>
>>1043583
>door to door was 1000 miles over 18 hours.

You could have rented a car and made better time.
>>
>>1043492
Feel free to try it, but it totally was not worth it.
Also, it was one of those short haul flights, where business class simply means
>better food (not that I could eat any)
>you have a curtain dividing you from the plebs in back (but you still hear them, and see them when entering or leaving the plane)
>you have one seat left empty in a three seat row (the whole business class was empty anyways, so it was fairly easy for them to seat me there, without annoying anyone who paid a lot for their ticket)
>you sit close to the lavatories (that fact I really enjoyed on that particular flight)

A better way probably is:
>sit at the gate in a suit, laptop on your lap, and blackberry on your ear, being all busy and stuff
>ding dong, dear passengers, this flight is overbooked
>get approached by qt girl at the gate counter
>sir, we have overbooked this flight, would you mind if we put you in business class?
>other folks in shorts and T-shirt get told to try the next flight
>feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>1043415
That is a situations I am really afraid of.
Can I actually demand that either I or the fatty gets put into business class or the cargo hold or whatever? What would be the best tactic for this?
Be friendly but assertive?
Make a huge scene?
Because it certainly is not my fault that someone booked a seat that they are clearly not fitting in.
Why dont airlines impose wheigt and size limits for economy?
>you are over a certain width/weight?
>no problem, just book business class, where our seats are wide enough for you
>>
i was tripping on acid after a rave on a return flight from london to new york city. they were playing mr. bean for about 4 hours straight and the big middle eastern guy next to me was laughing and LAUGHING and LAFFFFFING.....i thought that was very scary!!
>>
>>1043575
dont remember, i was a kid back then
>>
>2009
>London-Venice fight
>90% of the plane is occupied by students back from some trip
>they sing loudly all the way
>to this day hearing Lemon Tree makes me fucking angry
>>
>>1043136
That'll teach 'em!
>>
>Be me. Long time ago.
Flying from Moscow to Stockholm with Aeroflot.
Without really informing us, they fly to Copenhagen AS WELL (most Aeroflot flights to Stockholm do not do that detour.)
When we start descent, I see nothing but water.
When we are 30 meters over the waves, I start freaking out (Stockholm Airport is quite far from the coastline).
Touchdown
>Tovaritj passengers, we have now landed in Copenhagen.
That was a weird experience.
>>
>>1043623
>A better way probably is
Maybe 30 years ago. These days upgrades are done by frequent flyer status. They have a clear pecking order on who gets bumped to business class when economy is overbooked. I have Lufthansa Senator status (StarAlliance gold) and have got bumped up quite a few times. Ever since having this status, I've never seen someone else get bumped, but me not.
>>
>>1043725
My status is a lot lower, and I can confirm that getting bumped up drops off dramatically as you slide down the chain. I sometimes get an upgrade on "commuter flights" on them Embraers, but only once have gotten an upgrade on a flight that was long enough that it mattered.

Oh, to be wealthy...
>>
>>1043582
Did you end up changing planes, or what happened afterwards?

>>1043691
That couldn't be more Russian.

>>1043725
I only have Flying Blue silver for a year, but got a few upgrades on overbooked flights already. It happened when I was either entering the gate right before closing, or when I checked in right before they were about to close check in -- I did see some others who were denied boarding around the same time.
>>
>>1043156
>>1043306

So you were mad because you were the only non tourist on a charter full of tourist, heading to one of the most touristic island in the mediterranean, during touristic season. Are you sure you aren't a bit autistic? Also who the heck wear suit and tie on a flight for Cyprus ffs
>>
>>1043764
He was wearing the suit for work
>>
>>1043455
>Seriously, kids shouldn't be allowed in business class. They should always be put in the farthest seats back.
Some airlines ban them from the upper deck, but not aware of any other policies.
>>
>>1043725
>These days upgrades are done by frequent flyer status
Yes, that seems like the most likely option.
However, I was in a
>>1043732
>"commuter flights" on them Embraers,
situation, with a small, second tier airline (Bulgaria Air), and while they do have a frequent flier programme, I doubt that they are big enough and have enough destinations for having a significant amount of hight status customers.

But back to topic (not really horror, just annoying/weird):
>short flight Stuttgart-LHR with Germanwings
>boarding complete
>nothing happens
>after a while, pilot informs us that some control-light in the cockpit does not work and they are waiting for a mechanic
>15 minutes later
>light fixed
>of course there is now a queue of planes before us
>finally on the runway
>why are we accelerating that slow?
>why are we turning left now?
>back to gate
>pilot informs us that there is a slight porblem with the brakes, and safety first and so on…
>we have to change planes
>plane is parked right next to us
>sorry, airport wont allow us to just walk around the plane and all busses are occupied
>finally we get a bus
>dear passengers, the bus can only take you back to the terminal
>WTF?
>Dear passengers, after some hard discussion with the airport, you dont have to get back to terminal! The bus will just have to drive you around the airport for 10 minutes
>double WTF?
>we do indeed the big airport tour, only to end up 10 meters from where we started
>second plane works
>we have to wait a while above LHR to get a slot
>>
>>1043163
What kind of rubbish airline was that ?
>>
>Be me
>Be flying home from Bali to UK
>Malaysia to Dubai flight
>Behind me is family with crying baby
>To my left is drunk as fuck Scottish man who keeps argueing with trolley dolleys
>In front is obnoxious RealTraveler, hippy trouser, dirty as fuck couple who lean seats right back and spend whole time kissing and laughing loudly

Longest flight ive endured, was made slightly less annoying as when I was getting off someone mistook me for a pro footballer and was shaking my hand, introduced me to his family and they took me for dinner
>>
>>1043132

>Get on plane
>Mainlander Chinese everywhere
>Every single seat
>>
I have no real horror stories from flights beside the usual
>fat people being fat
>crying children
>people taking their goat and chicken on the plane in the Caribbean (see a goat fly by and crash into the cockpit door on landing is fun)
>get to the the airport at 5:30 as my flight departs at 6:30, flight is slightly delayed, we leave at 16:45 after switching jets twice
>business class running out of single malt and had to switch to vodka
>sitting on a defect chair for 2hours coming back from Istanbul
>Frankfurt Airport messing up everything as usual (plane can't get docked, baggage went from terminal A to C, oh sorry but we have to disembark the 747-8 on the backfield because we lost our pushback car, we might find a stair in about 1-2 hours and maybe a bus, one is enough for a fully booked interconti flight right, Baggage of a full flight lost) every single fucking time.
>making the mistake to book a TAM flight on a medium/long haul flight.

and that's about it.
>>
>>1043995
Hell is real
>>
>>1043625
>in the cargo hold

ebin :DDD
>>
>>1043995
I felt a spike in my blood pressure reading this.
>>
>>1044014
>>1044049

Someone explain whats wrong with them, serious i dont get the meme
>>
>>1044056
You'll know when you'll be around some of them.
>>
File: mkjkl.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
mkjkl.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>Get on plane from Abu Dhabi to the UK
>Plane is basically empty
>Seems like a great thing
>People smiling and laughing, staff seem relaxed, they even hand out one glass of free champagne to each customer
>Feel good
>Some people get up and switch seats
>Decide that I should do the same
>Get up and look for a window seat
>Find one and seat down
>Few minutes later
>Indian man walks over and touches me on the shoulder
>''excuse me mate you are in my seat''
>try to explain that everyone is moving and he doesn't have a seat
>he keeps insisting it is his seat
>eventually have to move
>aisle next to him is completely free
>get pretty mad due to Jet lag fucking with me
>go and sit in the aisle next to him
>start watching the 'indian cinema' section of the movie selection and loudly laughing and occasionally looking over
>trying to make him think ''whats so funny'' and come over so I can leap into his seat
>he doesn't
>when we get out in flight meals I try and tell the hostess that she switched our meals by mistake so she should make us switch seats
>asks him and he says she didn't
>i say I was joking
>when we get off the plane he bumps into me and I fall back over the aisle

fuck indians, worse than chinks
>>
>>1044078
You were being kind of a prick though.
>>
>>1044078
so this was a story about how you made somebody else's flight horrible right?
>>
File: flugzeug.jpg (51 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
flugzeug.jpg
51 KB, 768x1024
>>1043999
>>Frankfurt Airport messing up everything as usual (plane can't get docked, baggage went from terminal A to C, oh sorry but we have to disembark the 747-8 on the backfield because we lost our pushback car, we might find a stair in about 1-2 hours and maybe a bus, one is enough for a fully booked interconti flight right, Baggage of a full flight lost) every single fucking time.
I always hear bad things about FRA, but I always went through smooth, when I was working in Frankfurt and flying a lot. But if you dont know the airport, it probably is really confusing.
Also, I really "like" the "beds" they have placed everywhere in the non-schengen area. They really do stick to their 23:00 deadline for the last flight. I was actually living close to the airport, and until 23:00, you always had this background noise, like a thunderstorm in the distance, but to the minute at 11, it stopped.

>pic related
>plane approaching FRA, taken while laying at the nude beach at the Raunheimer Waldsee
>>
>>1043989
klm
>>
>>1044095
For me Frankfurt is often a connecting airport from Zurich to the Interconti LH flights to South America or Asia. I usually book my flights so I have the time to meet up with a friend from Uni, eat dinner drink a beer and get on my flight. It's a great place to depart. Like you said the small beds everywhere are just great in the Int. departure terminal.

If you have connecting flights or arrival it's where Frankfurt shows it's ugly face. I have yet to pass once without trouble. Last flight from GRU included a 1hour wait at the cargo terminal and a free 30min Airport Tour including a missed flight to Zurich (had almost 120min connecting time, no chance to get it.)

Nice, I actually lived for a year in Sachsenhausen Nord and always waited for the 23:00 silence.
>>
>>1044095
Frankfurt is awful when you have to transfer planes.

>Lufthansa flight inside Europe, connection in Frankfurt
>all inside Schengen, same LH ticket, okay this should be easy
>plane arrival gate is at the very end of one of those uberlong corridors
>connecting plane is at the other end of another uberlong corridor
>takes 20 minutes to get to my gate with brisk walk/trot pace

In/out of Schengen can be even worse with huge passport control lines.
>>
>>1044099
>Lufthansa flight inside Europe, connection in Frankfurt
>all inside Schengen, same LH ticket, okay this should be easy
Oh, yes, had this happen to me too a few months ago.
It was also completely Lufthansa, and a quite short time, but I figured its inner-european, and its all in lufthansas fancy new terminal (which is indeed quite fancy), so I figured it should be no problem.
And I managed with no problem, but I am a very fast walker…
That fucking new Terminal is a giant V. I landed at the upper left tip, and had to depart from the upper right tip.
So I had to walk through two überlong corridors.
Some nice evening sport at the airport.
>>
>>1044078
Slightly off topic, but
> Get on bus in middle of nowhere in Morocco.
> Bus is half empty
>On first row is a qt 3.14 on her own who looks at me and smiles
>Seat next to her isn't mine but I sit next to her anyway
>Start talking with her, nice flirting
>Akward Spanish guys comes up to me and says "Thats my seat"
> I look at him with the "don't cockblock me" look and said "are you sure?"
>He then said to me "yes its definetly mine" then showed me his ticket
> I then asked him if he could sit somewhere else and he said no
>I go sit on my allocated seat which was near the end of the bus
>Guy doesnt even talk to her on the bus journey
>Spoke to him at a pitstop, quite a cool guy but honestly he was like 30, I dont know how he could still be that autistic to not realise what I wanted
>>
>>1044099
Oh hey bro, how're you doing?
Up for a beer this or the next weekend?
>>
>>1044102
Heya bro. Friday (tomorrow) I'm taking the train to Milan right from work. Going to the Expo for the weekend. Could do it the Friday next week though.
>>
>experience 1
>fog over LHR
>they have to space out the landings so we circle the airport for 1 hour and a half

>experience 2
>arrive at gate at gate in LHR
>flight delayed for six hours
>turns out the plane hit some ducks on its takeoff from the destination airport, had to turn back

>experience 3
>LHR
>boarding complete
>ready to taxi
>due to insane build up of aircraft queuing to takeoff, we wait 1:30 hours in the plane for our turn to takeoff

>LHR
>>
>>1043132

>19
>on a trip to Parris Island
>sitting next to turbine on first plane flight
I think I still have fucking hearing damage.
>>
>December
>Atlanta to LaGuardia
>MD-88
The entire flight there you could feel the pilot throttling up and then throttling right back down. And not like a general sensation of accelerating and decelerating, but like being pushed back and forth in the seat. This went on for two hours right through approach and landing. It was a rough landing too, dude came in fast.

A month or so later on the news I saw an MD-88 had slid off the runway at LaGuardia. I have a hunch it was the same plane and pilot.
>>
>>1043323
>>Some old lady got out of her seat 20 secs before touchdown to turn of the fan above her seat causing the staff to yell.
ROFL. I was a frequent flier before and after 9/11. My local airport was Wash National. It was closed for quite a time, but before and after opening, Dulles or DCA, didn't matter, they had that new rule "no one out of their seat 15 mins before landing" and there was always some noobie who didn't think it was seriously that big a thing, and between jumpy "let's roll" heroic type passengers eyes, and the flight attendants, there was some reprimanded people who were out of their seat. Eventually the staff got wise, and simply stopped serving beverage service wayyy early and made kind of a frequent countdown warnings. Now everyone kind of knows.
>>
>>1043495
>You can also get one if you are walking down the hallway and faint without warning and wake up several minutes later tended to by staff giving you first aid. Speaking from experience.
Naw, people can be too ill to travel. Have a fever, even, and they can deny you boarding. Never "appear ill" at an airport. Between SARS and ebola, there's nothing good about having staff catch your bugs, only fines. Also, they gotta pay $$$ when they are forced to land to get you medical attention.
>>
>>1044419
I wasn't too ill to travel. In fact I was perfectly normal. For some inexplicable reason, I just fainted and blacked out completely while walking on the aisle. This was once we were well onto the flight already.
>>
>>1043132
I don't have any bad plane experiences, so I'll share an Amtrak one.

>Be me
>Going home after Freshman year of college
>Go on Amtrak train
>Guy with a cane comes on, complaining, "this place is a pigsty"
>Train starts, gets out of Santa Barbara towards Bakersfield.
>Train has to stop because guy with cane threatened one of the conductors.
>Everyone ordered off train to stand in an empty field.
>"He has a cane, it must be a gun-cane"- one of the passengers says
>"Enjoy prison, they serve dog food there,"-another passenger says.
>Police come, arrest guy, and search train for bombs.
>Everyone waits in field for around 1 hour before they can re-board the train.
>>
>flying 2 days after liquid bomb plot hit the news
>zero carryons allowed, not even a book (just wallet and passport)
>they lose every single piece of luggage from everyone in our group for 5 days of a 2 week trip (cameras, clothes, toiletries, everything)
>wasted tons of time on the phone with lazy spaniards at the airport, then going back and forth to search giant rooms of crap for our stuff
>never reimbursed for clothes we had to buy in the meantime

other lols was a flight from HK to bangkok on ethiopian airlines. the plane looked to be all ethiopians, as though we were the only people they were picking up in HK. i half expected a chicken to run down the aisle.
>>
>>1044355
LHR sucks. We all know. All flights from Europe to LRH have 30-60 minutes of circling time planned right into the schedule.
>>
>>1044428
Shit airlines = shit service.
WTF would you thinking to take an Ethiopian run airline?? Do you have self-esteem issues where you don't value your health and safety enough?
>>
>>1044433
i'm talking about 2 different flights. the lost luggage was on british airways. the ethiopian airlines was a couple hour connection that saved a bunch of money. being a young traveler with no money means i have no self esteem? wat
>>
>>1043132
> Be me
> Be Private Pilot
> Be taking my mom on scenic flight
> Over downtown
> Loss of RPM
> Begin trouble shooting
> Further loss of RPM
> Throttle is full in
> No carburetor ice possibility
> Huston We have problem
> Inform mom
> Mom shits bed
> Declare priority landing at nearest airport
> Land safely

>mfw weeks later I hear our maintenance crew fucked up on the throttle cable assembly. The cable rattled loose in flight, thus full power demand only yielded 50% power.
>>
>>1044463
Yeah yeah, aerospace science major- not English.
>>
I once had to fly buisness class on air france from Seattle to Berlin.

I had paid for a first class. But something got screwed up.

They refunded me the difference and gave me a free Business class ticket for use at a later date
>>
>>1043132
I've only had trouble with disgusting pasangers

>too aft to fit in seat
>just takes a seat wherever
>pushes their seat right back when you're watching a movie
>smelling
>trying to sell you things
>taking your pillows and blankets
>shoving you to get on/off the plane
>LETTING THEIR FUCKING CHILD CRY THE WHOLE FUCKING TRIP
>being rude to the flight attendants
>>
>>1044529
>I've only had trouble with disgusting pasangers
Smelly passengers outweigh them all, but a restless person can be equally annoying. Someone that is ADHD at home is stir crazy in a seat for that many hours, and might just be a constant peripheral distraction of activity, up and down to a restroom, etc.

People putting their seat back has never bothered me except if it's meal service. At which point a flight attendant button is used to get it put up.
>>
>>1044546
>People putting their seat back
Ummm... they're kind of designed for that. What reason do you have to complain about it?
>>
>>1045153
New poster, I understand both that they are designed to do that, and, given how tightly they back the seats now, that it can be an issue if you have long legs.

sit behind me if you get a chance, I never recline my seat because of back issues...
>>
So I'm pretty chem resistant because I like drugs quite a lot - have lots of trouble sleeping on planes. I travel between Asia and Europe something like three to four times a year.

One time I took a buspirone and a mirtazapine combo and for the life of me, still couldn't fall asleep. So instead I got super high and tripping balls, everything felt fucking scary and I didn't really understand what's going on.

Tried to go to the toilet, which was occupied. Crashed right there, dropping on the floor in a delirious state. Luckily the flight staff was very professional and probably had some idea what's going on, since they didn't declare it an emergency. Could've been a super expensive flight.
>>
>>1044422

Loss of blood pressure.

Same thing happened to me on a flight to Amsterdam after a heavy night in Zagreb, including the upgrade by the way.
>>
I get terrible motion sickness, and I couldn't stop throwing up. This was Air Lingus. I felt terrible for the other people. I feel like if there were a vote and it was possible to throw me out of the plane somehow, they would have not hesitated.

I later threw up at British Border Control. Good times lol
>>
>2010
>first trip to Tokyo!
>Flight plan goes from Vegas to LAX to get on flight to Tokyo
>find seat at back of plane
>take off from Vegas
>plane takes off slowly
>plane takes forever to lift
>I've been on lots of planes and know this isn't right
>plane still isn't off the ground
>actually fucking see end of runway just as the rear wheels leave ground
>holy fuck, that's never happened before
>2 minutes into flight
>sudden bank left turn followed by a sudden drop of nearly 50 feet
>Engines begin to roar loudly and we start climbing hard
>Sudden bank turn to the right
>Capitan comes on income
>sound of horror in his cracked parched voice
>"This is your Capitan speaking. Sorry about the rough take off their folks, uh... We ran into a bit of turbulence and uh.... Weren't sure if we were on the right flight path and had to make a quick correction, uh.... Let's play it safe and stay in your seats for the duration of the flight, and uh... We may cancel the drinks and peanuts. Sorry about that folks. We'll land in about 40 minutes."
>Person next to me is praying
>child screaming his ass off. Literally. Shit ended up in his chair
>Mother clinging to the chair in front because she was already afraid of flying before
>Guy next to me is grabbing his chest, he's about 92 btw
>Waitress in front of plane is running to the back with a few barf bags
>Overheard waitress behind me talking about how she is reporting the "new pilot" for more practice
>new pilot
>>
>>1045417
What, you thought the story was over?

>Begin landing sequence
>circle airport 4 fucking times
>begin approach
>another sudden 50 foot drop
>bank turn and I shit you not, 90 degree angle, windows see straight fucking down
>corrects flight path
>reach airport
>100 feet
>50 feet
>10 feet
>we are past the half fucking way point
>touch down
>Brakes hit hard
>pilot pulls a jk and full throttles
>We run out of runway for nearly 100 feet
>people freaking out as we just took a plane off road
>steep incline and increase of altitude
>engines sound like they are about to stall
>circle around once for another try
>everyone is screaming and calling their family from the air phones and cells and shit
>lol fuck airliner rules of turning off your electronics
>Manages to lower plane before the half way mark
>Plane begins to slow
>brakes
>not slowing down
>brakes are hot from previous fuck up
>nearing end of run way
>engines roaring to slow down
>brakes clearly not working
>finally slowing down
>end of runway and sudden right
>left wing tip actually dips to asphalt
>dust from previous fuck up visible 20 yards away
>plane finally comes to a stop
>brake smoke begins enveloping around the aircraft
>a brief moment of silence
>people don't even wait for seat belt sign

Never flying to or from Vegas ever again.
>>
Flight from phx to las

Drink service starts.

All of a sudden thr wirst turbulence ive ever been in.

Steward is concussed when he hits the cabin roof or baggage bin.

Pasangers vomiting.

Lasts 30minutes
>>
>>1045421
>Never flying to or from Vegas ever again.
Thanks dude! I am going to fly to Vegas at the beginning of December…

So your whole story boils down to
>new pilot flying "real" for the first time
>fucks up something
>2nd pilot says "lol, whatever, try it again next time"
>pilot fucks up again
>2nd pilot says "lol, whatever, try it again next time"
>"Oh, and dont worry about letting the brakes cool down, that's for pussies!"

Seriously, how can this happen outside of africa?
>>
but speaking of
>>1045417
>Mother clinging to the chair in front because she was already afraid of flying before
>Guy next to me is grabbing his chest, he's about 92 btw

Had a fun little "incident" approaching Dubai a few years ago.
>3rd day or something of the new Emirates A380 MUC-DXB service
>huge crowds at munich airport
>press and shit, taking pics of the A380
>All kinds of folks along the taxiway stop their vehicles and take pictures
>police too
>nothing bad, but gives a kinda tense atmosphere
>eventless flight to DXB, the A380 is an impressive beast!
>lady next to me is kinda nervous all the time
>doesnt like flying, and sitting in a plane that seems to impossible to fly does not help
>approach at night, marvelous views on Burj Khalifa
>plane slowing and getting lower
>did I mention that the A380 is really quiet?
>suddenly noise!
>full lift
>Idont mind, but lady next to me starts to panic
>"Dear passengers, there was a plane on our runway, so we had to abort our landing"

Totally harmless, but I guess for the lady next to me, it must have been horror.
>>
>>1045511
>the United States
>not Africa
>>
>>1044433
>Ethiopian
Ethiopian is breddy good FYI
>>
>be me
>be travelling SEA
>find cheap flight from Kuala Lumpur to Paris (via ho chi Minh city )
>the catch is an 18 hour lay over
> can't leave airport because refuse to buy visa since I already done Vietnam a few weeks ago
>eat 3 burger kings that day because there is nothing else
> throw up a lot
> still 6 hours to go
>then 16 flight
>sucks

Not quite flying but still sucked
>>
>>1045651
>be me
This needs to stop.
>>
>>1045654
it is ancient though.
>fam
on the other hand should lead to permaban
>>
>>1043276
Yes but some of us are too intelligent to assuage fear of death with false belief. Anxiety is an unfortunate but normal response to fear, which is all you should feel when confronted with suddenly never existing again, blinking out into nothing.
>>
File: 1425937413180.png (250 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
1425937413180.png
250 KB, 858x725
>>1045654
Newfag alarms. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1043520
>I won't go into what race they were but some people fucking think the world revolves around them...

Please tell me my mind is reeling because you said this. I assumed white, but now I leaning toward Oriental or Indian, but then I think you must mean black. Please anon spill it!
>>
>>1045725
Don't get baited into a ban. This is not /pol/ or /b.
>>
I took a trip to Florida with my Korean fiancee and her dad. A few highlights:

>arrive in DFW
>I'm a citizen go through citizens line
>Koreans go through foreigner line
>they're taking a long time
>taking over 2hours
>still no sign of them
>finally go ask friendly gov't workers
>they tell me to fuck off
>eventually hear announcement "Korean translator needed"
>eventually, after 3.5 hours, it turns out FIL had the police called on him for having a colorful convo with his wife and didn't indicate this on his customs form
>he gets through

Now, my FIL is a big shot. He was in the Korea special forces, spent a lot of time as an exec at Daewoo, and has ran a succesful company for a while in Korea. People there genuinely fear him.

>finally board plane in DFW
>3 of us sitting together
>D-bag amerifat approaches, doesn't say anything
>he wants us to get out of his seat, but won't bother even trying to speak English, just standing there impatiently
>ask him if he needs help
>tell us we're in his seat
>ask to see his ticket, tell him his seat is in the front of the plane
Cunt.

>going back to Seoul, in Orlando
>FIL is going through TSA
>Passport falls off conveyor
>I try to pick it up
>TSA agent tells me stop
>FIL looks at me sternly for not picking it up
>I try again
>TSA starts again
>FIL picks up, TSA says nothing
>FIL thinks I'm being insubordinate

>Get on plane in DFW
>fucking seat has some bullshit divider so I can't stretch my leg
>take a Korean sleeping pill
>keep having dreams about shouting and slamming things
>the dreams are will
>I spilled shit everywhere
>kept them both awake the entire time
>FIL didn't speak to me for a year afterward

AA: not even once.
>>
>>1045741
Could you at least say what a FIL is?
>>
>>1045767
Not him, but FIL means Father in Law.
>>
>>1044101
Because it was his fucking seat
>>
>>1044101
It was his fucking seat, Chad Thundercock.
>>
>>1043136
>> Be me
Phew that's handy I thought you were writing on someone else's behalf
>>
A few years back I was on a plane which suddenly dropped, as if the plane stopped moving and fell in an instant, air masks came down. As nobody had their belts on (well into the flight) everyone hit the ceiling or flew from their seats.
After the plane recovered the pilot told us that we crossed another plane's trail and the lack of air caused the plane to drop.
>>
>>1044101
>>1045843
>>1045847
>sit next to qt
>cockblocked because it was his fucking seat

I did this to someone in reverse once, by accident.

>be me (kek)
>in Siam Reap
>meeting friends in Saigon in 48 hours for Christmas Eve
>take night bus to PP
>lie down style sleeper bus, I love these, so comfy
>only backpackers on the bus, no livestock or boxes of stuff in the aisles etc
>get the single bed on the side, some qt Swedish chicks opposite
>maybe I can flirt with them in the trip
>awesome hotty Swedish chick comes up and asks if she can swap beds to sit opposite her friends
>if I say no, then I'm fucked with the friends so why not
>move to double spot back a few rows, other bed is empty
>ok, stretching out, some brit qts behind me
>spanish guy turns up and takes the spare bed
>oh well
>we talk a little, he checks out the brit qts
>I point to the swedish hottie and tell him I swapped seats with her
>trollface.jpg

So that's my story about seat switch cockblocking or something. It goes on though.

>I know I can't sleep on a bus like this, try to chat a bit
>offer spanish guy some whisky and coke
>the spanish guy wants to sleep, not chat...ok, seems reasonable
>the brit girls behind us won't shut up
>talking REALLY loudly
>don't care about them being qt anymore
>spanish guy can't sleep because of their yacking
>they ate a magic pizza before getting on the bus, all buzzed now
>ask them if they want a drink, they do
>make them whisky and coke, light on the coke
>they drink nearly all of it
>after an hour they're knocked out, kind of
>spanish guy drinks with me until then and we chat about Kenny Rogers songs
>everyone falls asleep in the end except me

>get to PP at 2am
>walk around sketchy part of PP for a few hours
>get 5am bus to Saigon

Everything turned out ok I guess.
>>
>>1043132
The worst thing I've had to experience was a really rough landing in Maui. I think we hit some turbulence right before touch down and were forced into the ground. Was pretty rough.

The only other thing of note I can think of was a red eye flight from Kaui to Seattle. Out of the window about halfway through the trip there was a light flying along almost exactly parallel to us a couple miles away. It was there for about 30 minutes and then just disappeared.

My best experience was flying from Amsterdam to Seattle on Delta. I was on a standby ticket but for some reason the gate agents decided to be nice and gave me a business class seat. This was shortly after the plane was shot down over Ukraine (and had left Amsterdam) so security was tight that day.
>>
>>1045849
An additional period of lurking might be of use to you.
>>
File: plane does not go there.jpg (384 KB, 1200x865) Image search: [Google]
plane does not go there.jpg
384 KB, 1200x865
I have been on the verge of terror one tie on a plane.

>Sitting in center section.
>Taking off, looking out window across aisle to see the city lights drifting past, how purty,
>Lights stop drifting, then start to drift the other fucking way.
>Oh shit oh shit oh shit we have stalled and are sliding tail-first toward the ground.
>Hail Mary, om mani padme hum, there is no God but Allah, now I lay me down to sleep...
>Death seems to be slow in coming.
>WTF?

Turns out it was some odd alignment of the window I was looking out and another window on the opposite side of the plane -- I was seeing a reflection, the movement in the Bad Direction caused as the plane turned.

So it was fucking nothing, but for what was probably about 5 seconds but felt like a lot longer, it was Make Your Peace With Jesus time...
>>
>>1046081
>Saigon

You mean Ho Chi Minh City?
>>
>>1043306
Yeah this sounds like German tourists. Perhaps only the yanks are worse for ticking the "tourist box" (and Chinese the worst in general).
>>
>>1046246
Nope. They mean Saigon you fucking communist.
>>
File: vietnam water puppets.jpg (95 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
vietnam water puppets.jpg
95 KB, 960x720
>>1046246
Both terms are used in Vietnam by residents in the area. My understanding is that slightly different areas are covered by the two terms, but that could have been a cab driver messing with me. Still, I heard Saigon WAY more than I heard anybody say HCMC.
>>
>>1046246
>Ho Chi Minh City
Only foreigners and northerners and northern officials appointed to Saigon actually call it HCMC.

The downtown is actually officially named Saigon btw, the city itself is HCMC but lots of locals just call it Saigon.

No one makes a big deal about it except for faggots like you. Not even communist officials or locals care which you call it.
>>
>>1046204
>Hail Mary, om mani padme hum, there is no God but Allah, now I lay me down to sleep...

>it was Make Your Peace With Jesus time

And with everyone else by the sounds of it, I admire the coverage of your prayer. You just need some pasta in there too.
>>
>>1046269
>My understanding is that slightly different areas are covered by the two terms
The central downtown area is the suburb of Saigon and the city as a whole is HCMC. Of course it used to be all Saigon. Locals tend to use Saigon, especially as a cab driver might well be a Vietminh vet who's blacklisted from real jobs though I guess they've probably aged out of stuff like that.

It used to be that all the cyclo drivers were vets who couldn't get other work and that everyone in Saigon who worked with tourists had learnt English from GIs and so obviously they all still called it Saigon because they were on the losing side that fought against the guy that it was renamed after. Tourism was one of the few jobs that those people could get because they were barred from anything official or government and trouble getting permits for just about anything so they were often just selling trinkets or be guides or hookers or drive cyclos. But tourism operators would hire them under-the-table because they spoke English (or what passed for it back then).

These days it's changed a lot but locals still tend to call it Saigon.
>>
>>1043156
i cannot see your problem there
>>
Why the fuck do people clap after landing? Is it an American thing? They did it in the movies too. I thought anons were joking and being hyperbolic when I heard until I experienced it myself.
>>
>>1046503
Because post-9/11
>>
>>1046503
>>1046551
Nah, when I was a kid - before 9/11 - they were clapping too. And not always from the US.
Boomers love that shit.
>>
File: DSC370.jpg (70 KB, 620x295) Image search: [Google]
DSC370.jpg
70 KB, 620x295
>be me
>take taxi to airport, get stuck in massive traffic
>driver asks for a 20% tip
>flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing
>get on board
>flight attendants told us there will be no food or drinks served (6 hour flight!)
>seats are uncomfortable as sht
>bunch of weird chinese & malaysians around
>cold as hell, this was in March mind you
>an hour into the flight they tell us there'll be a "detour"
>land on some shitty island in the middle of the ocean
>military guys take our passports, tell us we can never leave
>nothing to do + internet here maxes out at 56kbps

worst flight ever
>>
File: 1413236973260.png (147 KB, 450x387) Image search: [Google]
1413236973260.png
147 KB, 450x387
>>1046569
>military guys take our passports, tell us we can never leave
>>
File: Oh_you_dotcom.jpg (39 KB, 850x570) Image search: [Google]
Oh_you_dotcom.jpg
39 KB, 850x570
>>1046569
WTF?
How does this happen?

Airlines cant simply do a detour, and hand you over tto the military!

Oh…

clever!
>>
>>1046590
You didn't know 4chan is connected to the afterlife?
>>
>>1046595
YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE
>>
File: Mr bones.jpg (3 MB, 4296x3628) Image search: [Google]
Mr bones.jpg
3 MB, 4296x3628
>>1046620
The flight never ends.
>>
>fly to Cabo

>realize you have 2 grams of coke in your blazer pocket you packed

>get to airport, pick up bag

>consider getting rid of it in bathroom before customs

>"but it's two gs"

>go to customs with it in there

>get bag searched

>he doesn't check my blazer pockets

TYBG
>>
>>1043132

>flying to Japan from Melbourne
>connecting flight already delayed 9 hours, stuck at disgusting humid Queensland airport
>there's a volcano or something erupting near japan
>plane has to circle for like 4 extra hours, flight is already 8-9 hours long
>have been awake for about 30 hours, recycled air is warm and muggy on flight
>meet gf at airport, I look like trash, go to the bathroom to try and freshen up, change shirt

pretty mild as far as it goes, the only other bad flight experience was some obese cuck from the UK shouting at air hostess about how many cartons of cigarettes he was permitted to buy

>school trip to Europe years ago
>getting on our flight from KL to London
>fucking indians arrive late, have far too much luggage, it's all huge
>this is ON the plane btw, bupinder and co have actual fucking suitcases
>flight crew stuffing the bags anywhere they can

fuck Indians.
>>
>>1043579
>crying chaperones, and rowdy high school seniors

why is this so funny to me
>>
>>1043583

man should have just rented a car and driven, nothing is worth that hell, should have been "k gibe refund" and gone to hire a car
>>
>>1043995

I'd have just walked the fuck off the plane immediately
>>
>>1044056

they are literally savages m8. like they don't know how to behave like civilized people.

google "mainlanders in hong kong/taiwan" they let their kids piss and shit on the floor or in bins.

>loud
>unbelievably rude
>will throw garbage anywhere and everywhere
>think its ok to spit indoors
>entitled
>will push and shove like crazy
>did I mention LOUD
>>
>>1044078

nah you seem like a little faggot honestly, he probably went for a piss and found some cunt in his assigned seat that he paid for, his stuff was probably in the overhead too, like if the plane was so empty as you said, the fuck wouldn't you just move and sit literally in any other seat?

>talks shit
>actually gets hit

kek
>>
>>1044078

>being over the age of 10
>wanting a fucking window seat
>>
>>1044101
>I dont know how he could still be that autistic to not realise what I wanted

unless maybe he wanted the puss too you massive cunt
>>
>>1044427

land of the free amirite
>>
>>1044529

>trying to sell you things

wait what? stories pls
>>
>>1045741

should have picked up the passport m8, he probably think's you are effeminate now
>>
>be me
>flight from Paris to Bangkok
>Stops at doha
>Get off the plane, people take the bus
>Step aside because this airport is weird / nice and take a few pictures.
>all the buses leave
>somehow workers don't notice
>by the time i realize what the fuck is going on i'm stuck in the middle of the boiling hot doha's landing area.
>some technicians asks me if i'm a journalist or something ( because apparently some were doing a report this day )
>huh no i was on the plane from paris
>they laugh their asses off
>Asks for my passport / plane ticket
>show them
>They take me on their hybrid jeep / hybrid aiport weird car
>We do the whole trip full speed, nigga even drifts at random
>have the time of my life in the middle of litteraly nowhere
This is the good part, now the shitty one ( karma )
>Decide to go for some arabian food since i'm in doha
>it tastes really weird
>plane from doha to BKK ( A 380, quite nice )
>food decides to go full huehue
>end up puking and shitting for hours
>turbulence while i'm in the bathroom
>oh shit
>had the reflex to move away
>the window is brownish now
>discretly leave bathroom
>steward yells at me for not being sitted
>go sit
>when its over rush to the business class bar and stay there until the end because i don't wanna see the steward and assume my shit`.

Funny thing is that i got sick ( again ) in 2 day in BKK.
>>
>>1045421
I haven't laughed this hard in days. That sounds like a real nightmare anon
>>
Not strictly flight related but still my worst experience related to flying (and I do fly a lot, especially long hauls).

>have a flight in Kinshasa to Paris at like 5 am
>have to be there at 2.30 am
>dodgy people everywhere, I have to say that "no I don't need you to carry my bags" about 10 times
>finally manage to get my bags checked in, proceed to the customs
>weird custom agent keeps looking at my passport, and tells me I travel too much
>tell him I know I've complied with all Cogolese rules and have a perfectly in order visa
>"for now"
>then, "are you a smoker?"
>Uhhh yeah
> "oh! me too"
>negotiate to give the fucker only five cigs
>at the handbag control, see half of the cops sleeping in the boarding area, the other half selling the stuff they seized back to passengers
>finally board my fucking flight
>have the most ridiculous flight ever from Kinshasa to Brazzaville (seriously check a map)
>I had a full empty row I wanted to use for sleeping
>a couple of retired French doing some shit voluntary work in Congo B shows up, starts being all talkative and shit
>hours of racist bullshit and 'Africans are really like children" nonsense
>they won't stop talking
> had to drink like crazy even though the AF staff was super cold and looked stressed so I could pretend I dozed off
>they snore, too

I was so happy landing in Paris.
>>
>>1046690
>now the shitty one
Damn, I thought I had a shitty story, but yours got me beaten.
>turbulence while i'm in the bathroom
>the window is brownish now

am I an evil person, when this is the best laugh I had all day?
>>
>>1043995
Travel from SEA to SFO to save two hundred dollars on a trip to HKG.

Go from SFO to HKG and there's a mainlander sitting in my seat.

Ask her nicely to get out of my seat.

Get nothing but blank stares and I have to flag down a stewardess.

She starts to freakout as she has to get her crap out of the overhead bin and doesn't know how to ask for help.
>>
>>1046503
It's just a leftover from the time when the only way to fly a plane was manually, and flying was still considered something special. A courtesy to the pilot for landing the plane safely.
>>
>>1043452
Because we can afford to take our kids on vacation, Do you expect us to change our plans just not to inconvenience a weeb on a 10h flight? You're not that special, kid
>>
>be young me
>frequent flights every year because grandpa wants to see us in his home
>never get motion sickness from landing and take offs
>grandpa dies and we cut back on the flights and just take ships to get there to visit our relatives
>never get sea sickness ever (love the smell of the sea/ocean)
>relatives suggest to do a land trip to go there
>shitty roads and the smell of car freshners make me puke 15 mins into the trip

This is why I have completely rejected the idea of ever owning a car ever. But I already built a tolerance over the years.

besides, riding an airplane makes me feel like a super hero. It's almost magical every time I ride one.
>>
>>1046503
>Flown on around 15ish flights
>never heard clapping
>except for one flight
>Moscow to Rome with around 95% Russians on it
>soon as we land they start clapping and screaming

Real weird because my flight into moscow nobody clapped, and the flight to rome wasnt scary
>>
>>1046744
>Brazzaville to Kinhasa

So you flew like fucking 20 miles?
>>
>>1047037
He said it was ridiculous. I'm sure there was some sort of international bribery involved.
>>
>>1046661
I've had the good luck to never run into any. I really hope it stays that way because they sound literally awful.
>>
>>1046661
You forgot will eat smelly shit and burp all over the place, and reek of cabbage and cold Tobacco and (in one instance) will smoke in the plane's lavatory and pretend they don't understand why the steward bursted the door open and started fishing in the bin while screaming at them.
>>
>Flying Westjet from Victoria to Thunder Bay with a connection in Toronto
>After 6 hours in transit, plane is over Lake Huron
>Toronto is getting fucked up by a storm and is basically flooded
>Fly circles for an hour in standby until Westjet figures their shit out
>Get diverted to my final destination of YQT
>On touchdown get informed that no one will be allowed off the plane, even if it is your final destination
>Leave after an hour and a half on the tarmac
>Have to spend the night in Toronto and depart in the morning

This was the most depressing shit that has ever happened to me on a flight.
>>
>>1043276
yo you got a source for this fact about the cause of crashes
>>
>>1046661
>did I mention LOUD

I was on a plane from the mainland going to another Asian country recently. I was sat next to some old chink granny sitting in the middle, teenage male chink on the window, me on the aisle seat. She kept touching me and trying to hog the arm rest.

Eventually they struck up a conversation with each other while I fell asleep. They start talking really fucking loudly even though they were right next to each other, and woke me up a few times.

Fucking chink savages, they're so fucking braindead and have no regard for anyone but themselves.

I've also flown on quite a few other planes in the mainland, and they ALWAYS unbuckle their seat belts as soon as the plane lands and try to get up before the plane stops and grab their bags and rush out/push out. The older ones are the worst, and always try to shove you aside.
>>
>be me
>have irrational fear of flying
>have to fly at least once a week for work
>every flight is a horror story
>>
File: 1433361605432.png (9 KB, 446x399) Image search: [Google]
1433361605432.png
9 KB, 446x399
>>1047418
Hey, me too.
>>
>>1047418
Jesus Christ anon.
I fly like once every couple years and that's already way too much for me to handle.
>>
there was this time when I was flying with a Russian airline over Sinai in Egypt

we had a blast
>>
>>1047471
Still, no one knows how to party like Dutch families over Ukrainian airspace. And with a little Russian fireworks, it's going dooooown.
>>
>>1047471
>>1047476
You guys obviously haven't flow Malaysian air over the Indian Ocean.
It took my breath away
>>
>>1047543
I flew Germanwings from Barcelona back to Germany and got a nice close-up view of the Alps.
>>
>>1047550
4u
>>
>>1047366
Was this in 2013 or such?
>>
>>1047037
Yeah, initially the plane was almost empty in Kinshasa, then a lot of people boarded in Brazzaville. It's basically crossing a river with a big plane. Nonsense.
>>
One time I flew United.
>>
> be me
> 12 y/o
> in vietnam with family flying from PLACE A to PLACE B (i dont recall) but we had to stop over in Da Nang
> We land at Da Nang airport at about 1am, no one is in the airport
> only workers etc.
> bit dodgy
> we go to wait for our next plane
> pilot comes out to say that he literally doesnt know what we're waiting for
> all confused - why would that even be a possibility
> apparently the "airline" didn't even bother preparing for a flight
> everyone (including my dad) gets pissed
> dad genuinely organises a flight, asks who wants to come and finds someone to fly the plane
> about half of the passengers (20) get on the plane, we find a pilot and some attendants to come too
> bit shit
> we take off, most turbulent flight ive ever been on
> plane shaking and loud as fuck
> pilot probs has no idea what he's doing
> we land at about 3am, i hadn't slept at all bc i was fucking terrified
> lol

sorry for any typos this keyboard is fucking awful
>>
>>1045421
This never happened.
>>
I've only ever flown from the UK to Cyprus and Denmark.

I'd love to go back to both of those countries , feel like I missed out on so much when I went with my family

Flights themselves were amazingly smooth, although I was feeling very sick from nerves on both outward flights, and the inwards flight from Cyprus fucked me up too for some reason.

Anyway have a story of the time I went to Austria with secondary school
>be 14
>first time out of the country without family
>about 60 others from school including teachers so that's not so bad
>get to dover
>sea France on strike (French on strike, never heard that one before(!))
>get on a ferry after a delay of about 7 hours
>was only allowed off the coach for toilet breaks
>other coaches of school kids were affected by this
>being the classy bunch we were, those that had paper/pens/Nintendo DS thingys made contact with the other coach kids. And hurled abuse at each other through signs and messages
> anyway arrive in France around 11 local time
>dont get to Austria until 1pm the next day, and that coach through Germany was astoundingly boring, nothing but trees apart from when we went past Bayern Munich's stadium
>dont arrive at our hotel until 2pm
> skiing was amazing, I want to go back to Kitzbühel and at least pass through Obendorf in Tirol.

I want to do a skiing holiday in the USA, need to work on my girlfriend on that. Maybe go to Austria twice in a year to try and butter her up...
>>
>>1048104
Forgot to add, it took 25 hours go get to Austria including the delay.

It took about 20 hours to get back to Essex
>>
>>1046201
>says the fag using redditspeak
>>
>>1043158
>12 hour stopover in Oslo
Oh sweet summer child.
>>
>>1043577
They call him the prick.
An infamous douchebag.
>>
>be me
>2013
>flight from Milan to Tokyo, so fucking excited
>be with my sister
>go to the airport at 9 am, flight scheduled for 12
>I already started to feel in the air that something was not ok
>people at the gate still, no one is moving
>hear speaker say that there is a short delay
>im already angry.
>two hours later, still no one talk.
>4 hour later, speaker told us that a vital part of the plane engine is broken
>mfw
>wait 6 hours for the essential piece, delivered from rome
>9 hours later, speaker says that we had to switch plane, impossible to repair or some shit.
>MFW at this point. People screaming, rage, im so fucking pissed
>We end up in a shitty plane with no tv-screen, no nothing, super small seats, not Alitalia but some shitty company.
>MFuckingFW
>Almost 23 hours later finally in fucking Tokyo.
Worst experience ever.
>>
>>1047766
Based dad. 10/10 would be his son.
>>
had this flight planned for christmas, and before the long flight from hamburg to LAX a fat loud and obnoxious american woman complained that she paid for seats next to each other.

So did we, you fat slob!
>>
>>1048298
>next to each other
Do you mean she was so fat she needed two seats, or for her and someone else?
>>
Flying from Vegas to SFO with a friend
Friend keeps making jokes about plane crashing before boarding
We board
Turbulence outrageous
friend shuts the fuck up
we share headphones with music
flight attendants run to seats
people gasping.
lasts the entire flight
scary as fuck but not that bad
>>
Chillin in hawaii
Riding motocross
See guy get murdered
have to fly to go testify
Flying to California
Get first class
everything's cool
all of a sudden snakes everywhere
pilots get bit
die
get in cockpit
its like battlefield
land plane
give anti venom to survivors

Worst flight brah
>>
>returning from national quiz bowl competition
>feel sharp pain in forehead as plane descends
>the headache only gets worse
>try to chew some gum, that might help
>it doesn't work
>is this a stroke
>i'm too young to die
>try not to cry because next to qt
>get of plane, find out it was just a shitty sinus congestion
>>
>>1046590
He's implying conspiracy about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370
>>
>>1048595
…hence the
>oh…
>
>clever part
>>
>>1048106
eyy a fellow Essex boy

I live in Southend
>>
On a Qatar Airways 777 right now waiting to take off. Surprisingly enough there is no first class, and the business class seats are smaller than I thought they would be. Plenty of legroom though.
>>
>>1048726
looks comfy man, you rich or is this a work-paid-for thing?
>>
>>1048727
Vacation. I'm not rich but I get decently paid and can afford one luxurious vacation per year.
>>
>>1048732
good on you mate, hope you enjoy it
>>
>be me
>be 6 years old
>fucking shitty family vacation in some desert
>Gameboy color all out of battery
>nothing to do on long flight back to NY
>can't wait to get back home and charge my GBC and beat the final 4 for the 600th time
>flight almost over
>I get up to go tinkle
>a couple brownish guys start yelling in some language
>they make me sit back down
>they kill a few people, take control of plane
>everyone screaming
>really have to pee at this point
>trying to tell my mom I need to pee, she just keeps sobbing telling me she loves me
>brown guys don't let me go pee
>look out window
>I can see we are over NYC, we are almost back
>I guess I can pee in the airport but I want to now
>die in an explosion while doing peepee dance
>>
>>1043630
i really want to trip on a plane... going to europe for the month of february. I will certainly buy some magic truffles and eat them before i board my flight. Im just afraid of being extremely bored. Ill honestly probably bitch out or microdose myself and eat 3 weed cookies.

My worst experience
>Nanjing-Beijing flight on a high school exchange trip
>plane is late as fuck (like 3 hours)
>we finally board plane (its so old there are still ash trays in the arm rests)
>wait on the runway for 2.5 hours before we actually take off
>exhausted, i pass out shortly after take off
>midflight, i am awakened by massive turbulence several times, look outside to see huge cloud formations illuminated by lightning
>extreme turbulence followed by about 5 seconds of freefall (rollercoaster feeling)

not that bad, just sucked waiting so long and the freefall was terrifying
>>
>>1048848
you're an unfunny and retarded edglord, partly because that was retarded as shit, but mostly because the planes didnt come from the middle east.
>>
File: dyrus.png (126 KB, 346x343) Image search: [Google]
dyrus.png
126 KB, 346x343
>Be me.
>14 years old, love flying/aviation.
>On basic shitty domestic flight in shitty coach.
>Normal up until takeoff.
>Hear screaming from other side of plane
>"OH MY GOD AN ENGINE FELL OFF
>Think to myself 'Well, shit, this is gonna be AA-191'
>Panic sets in, waiting for plane to start rolling.
>Nothing happens, we level off and start making a turn in the other direction.
>Look over out of curiosity as to what the fuck happened.
>MFW only engine cowling fell off.
>>
>be 5
>first time on a plane
>constantly cry during the journey because helicopters are cooler
>>
>>1048848
That was badly written, boring and factually incorrect.
worst edging since I decided to not cum in my hand this morning
>>
>>1048861
my mate recently got thrown off of a flight to Amsterdam because he was too pissed so be careful how fucked you get mate
>>
>>1043623

>a suit gets you free upgrades on oversold flights
>>
>Flying back from Thaïland (no judge, family trip)
>~14h long trip
>as we're crossing India, they announce we have to land in a middle sized city because a passenger needs medical assistance
>starting to descend
>suddenly go up again
>we're re-routed to New Dehli for the guy to have an operation in a private clinic homed by his embassy
>emergency landing from almost cruising highs
>really bumpy
>heavy drops
>people start to scream, cry and pray out loud
>if anything it's like a roller-coaster maybe
>my teen brother tries to act like he doesn't care and keep insulting the poor guys who must be literally dying.
>at the end flight took 20h instead of 14, we missed our connection in Vienna
>at least they got us a nice hotel for the night
>go for a bath
>no hot water
>fml
>>
Haven't really had any bad flights, but had a really short connecting time at Frankfurt where I ended up running from the end of the A-tier to the end of C-tier with my sister on my shoulders in a fireman carry. She was 10 at the time and we were visiting family in Denmark. At some point I got stopped by a security guard who commended me on the great display of athleticism, because I was carrying my sister and two backpacks while running like crazy.
>>
>>1043531
>bird patrol car
>>
>>1044427
>"Enjoy prison, they serve dog food there,"-another passenger says.

Fucking kek
>>
>>1045421
>Never flying to or from Vegas ever again

Why not just avoid that airline
>>
>>1047614
How much does a ticket like this cost?
>>
>>1043132
>singapore- frankfurt flight
>sit near a baby
>>
>>1046503
Amerifag here. Have flown several dozens of times.

Never heard clapping once.
>>
this is happening to me right now.

> DFW to LAX
> Window seat
> Old fuck in the isle seat with Halitosis
> hipster in middle seat
> old fuck has not shut up for 2 solid hours and it fucking smells of ass
>>
Nothing major, just annoying.

>Brisbane to Cairns, board from tarmac
>holy shit why are they not sitting down
>asians
>not racist, but still, c'mon
>flight crew being as polite as they could without killing them
>flight delayed because they wouldn't stow their bags in a timely manner
>flight crew gets louder and more adamant with their announcements
>these people don't understand you
>everyone yelling at them now
>plane can't back out of gate
>finally they get their shit stowed and sit down after at least 30 mins
>flight crew walks up to them and berates them in front of everyone
>every applauds
>non-american irony ensues

>Heathrow to Chicago
>engine issues before flight
>flight cancelled (United)
>imokaywiththis.png
>voucher for free hotel
>california king bed in the nicest holiday inn ever
>bags sent over the next day
>get bags next day mail dropped.
>also okay with this

>approach to Queenstown, NZ
>holy fuck we're sideways
>fun crosswind landing
>live
>have a great time on South Island

rocky landings are always a trip. you plan on maybe dying anytime you get in any vehicle or waking up. nothing you can do. hope you like roller coasters and thrill rides.
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (6 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
6 MB, 2448x3264
>>1043999
>TAM
absolutely horrifying airline

SCARY #1

>be travelling Australia - Brazil to work
>first leg with LAN SYD-SCQ
>better than expected
>TAM connecting flight to GIG cancelled
>ok.jpg
>spend 16 hours in a frankly amazing LAN lounge at Santiago airport
>finally get a connecting flight to Rio
>board up on a Dash-9
>wtf tiny plane was expecting 777
>terribly turbulence from the start
>air hostesses go ahead and start serving food and drink anyway even though they can barely stand up straight in the aisle
>Captain comes on and only gives a message in Portuguese
>ask old woman next to me what is going on and she uses broken english to translate a storm
>on cue plane is essentially being thrown around
>sandwiches, full cups of liquids, go flying
>air hostess falls in the aisle but no one is able to help her
>pure adreneline, everybody yelling
>old woman next to me holds my hand
>about 2 minutes of pure hell, can't tell what's up from down
>feel metal taste in my mouth and realize my nose is bleeding like crazy everywhere
>can't do shit
>gonna die on shitty Brazilian aeroplane over the Andes great
>turbulence slowly subsides
>15 minutes later the plane is steady enough for hostesses to unbuckle
>no captain address
>number of people with strains, hostess breaks wrist from hitting the deck
>people looking at me weird
>realize I'm covered in blood
>all over my pants, my shirt, smeared across my face and hands
>no emergency landing what the fuck
>no more service in flight, hostesses hiding at back of plane, no captain address
>3hrs later land in Rio
>clean up but enter customs looking like a fucking crazy person covered in dried blood
>WELCOME TO BRAZILLLLLL
>>
>>1049743

SCARY #2

>first long haul flight
>Australia (BNE) to Japan
>no problem with flying before
>clear air turbulence middle of the flight outta nowhere
>ass comes off seat
>good 7 - 10 second drop
>plane stops descent with a loud crash
>everyone shaken up
>guy in business hurts his neck somehow
>emergency landing in Hong Kong
>experience my very first panic attack full force

From then on I had to drug myself up on Percocets to get through any flight, up until a couple years ago. Shook me up good.

IRRITATING #1

>Australia (BNE) to LHR
>first leg BNE - SIN Airbus A380
>the one of the fattest men I have ever seen already on the plane when we board
>how'd he even get there, honestly looked like he would fit down the aisle
>he has three seats but still manages to occupy all of them
>sit in the row in front of him, only seat in the row in front that isn't directly in front of him
>flight is totally full
>three other people in my row can't recline their seats the whole 8 hr leg
>little did we know he was on the flight 24 hr all the way through to London
>laboured breathing
>he is essentially wedged in a row his ass (from what I can guess) barely touching a seat
>never see the guy exit/enter the plane
>suddenly last leg guy has to use the washroom
>holymotherofgod.jpg
>guy barely squeezes out of his seats and into the aisle
>gets in bathroom but so big the air hostess can't close the door
>the steward and air hostess have to stand either side of the toilet while he does his business with the door open
>he must have gotten shit in his pants
>lumbers back into seats for rest of the trip
>smell and breathing is awful, sympathy to the others in my row who are totally upright for 24 hrs

:(
>>
>>1045699
*tips*
>>
>ask for tomato juice
>tastes good but nothing special

I'll never fall for this meme again.
>>
Chinese kid pissed all over the floor the row ahead of me on a China Southern flight from Amsterdam to guangzhou.

Fucking mainlanders mang
>>
>>1049872
>order it for the first time
>absolutely fucking ghastly

Why would anyone drink it
>>
>flight from Sydney to Paris, with stop over in Dubaï and in London
>first flight goes well, land in Dubaï, 1 h layover, board second flight
>boarding complete, nothing happens
>we're informed that someone on the plane needs a doctor, so we wait for doctor
>already 1h since we boarded
>informed that the person will leave the plane because they are feeling too sick
>2h since boarding
>they need to get the suitcase from the person from the hold
>empty the whole hold to retrieve suitcase
>takes 2h30
>after like 5 h on plane, we finally take off
>arrive in London and miss connection flight to Paris by 10minutes
>have to take another flight later
>miss train from paris to brussels
>have to pay for new train tickets, arrive home 10h later than thought
>>
>>1043132
Pilot brat here.

I had to sit in economy.
>>
>>1050165
>>>1049872
>>order it for the first time
>>absolutely fucking ghastly
>Why would anyone drink it
ROFL.
Trick is to get a lemon wedge with it. OR, ask for both bloody mary mix and tomato juice and mix them 1/2 and 1/2. If airlines carried V8, problem would be solved. But, none do.
>>
File: coulda had a v8.jpg (44 KB, 445x447) Image search: [Google]
coulda had a v8.jpg
44 KB, 445x447
>>1050617
>>
File: 20150805_002212.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150805_002212.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
>flight back home from FRA to JFK
>everything going smoothly, no delays so far
>land in JFK, 3 hour layover for our flight back to SYR
>Chilling at the gate, guess what? Delayed.
>finally get on the flight after waiting another 5 hours
>on our way to SYR, 10 minutes from landing, what could possibly go wrong?
>"Hullo, this is your captain speaking, unfortunately the entire airport in Syracuse just lost power, were going to have to divert and land in Ithica..."
>Land in Ithica, NY, didn't even know they had an airport
>it's 2am, the airport is completely deserted, they had to wake somebody up to come refuel the plane
>Sitting in the plane, waiting for SYR to restore power
>"Hullo, this is your captain speaking, I know this must be hard for everyone, believe me, I just learned that my wife is in labour in the hospital"
>no words
>Finally take off, short hop to SYR, land at 4am
>My bag was the first one to come out at the baggage claim
>>
>>1048732
where ya going buddy? Man i wish I could fly anything but economy sometime. Have fun brah

ok here is my story
>be about 15
>flying from Manchester to Vegas with family for normie tier holiday
>Flight is nice, everything is good.
>Connection in Chicago
>no big deal right
>nope
>severe storm rolling in over chicago airport
>we're the last plane allowed to land
>the worst turbulence I have ever seen
>people thrown literally out of seats
>crew running to their seats, obviously they were terrified too
>plane jerking so hard in all directions, things flying about the cabin
>can see lightning striking the ground outside window
>everybody thinks we're about to die
>pilot lands somehow
>what a hero
>eat 10/10 greasy food in chicago airport and fall asleep in airport because my connection is delayed 6 hours

Going through US security on arrival in the US as a foreigner is fucking awful.
>>
>>1043507
Its not even long travels for infants, its mainly about the pressure differences when flying. They have no fucking clue what is going on with their ears and shit or how to fix it like we do.
>>
File: We'll_see_honey._We'll_see..jpg (24 KB, 294x208) Image search: [Google]
We'll_see_honey._We'll_see..jpg
24 KB, 294x208
>flying from chicago across the atlantic
>12 hour flight
>I am put in a seat beside the aisle and a gigantic fat fuck
>I'm big too but not fat
>his blubber is taking up 1/3 of my seat
>his elbow and arm is on my crotch
>my left shoulder is pushed into the aisle
>my spine is twisted to fit into half a seat
>the fat cunt air lingus air hostess with an ass as wide a truck slams into my left shoulder every 2 minutes
>he starts snoring
>wakes up every 20 minutes to go to the toilet
>12
>fucking
>hours

Never flying again
>>
>>1051235

Oh yeah, and the person in front of me reclined their seat the whole way back too
>>
>>1051178
>its mainly about the pressure differences when flying. They have no fucking clue what is going on with their ears
THIS

My scuba instructor had many stories about how to chill out infants on planes. His own children are chill on planes because he can make them equalise their ear pressures and then he goes around and teaches every other parent on the plane how to chill their babies. Then the plane is peaceful.

Apparently he does it every flight because he hates screaming children as much as everyone else. He's French in Vietnam and the family goes to France for holidays at least once a year so he does it lots.
>>
>>1051039
>Going through US security on arrival in the US as a foreigner is fucking awful
I had a cow-orker who was our sales rep in LA. She used to use her foreign passport as ID when travelling to Vegas every few weeks and got pulled out of line every single trip for pat down searches, bags being emptied, the whole works.

Then she got a Cali license and used that for ID when flying domestic.

Never got searched again.
>>
>>1051235
maybe you shouldn't book economy class
>>
>>1051318

>paying 4 times the price for a pillow and 1 hour less waiting in the airport
>>
File: url.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>1051316
>Cow-worker.
>>
>>1045685
no it isnt
>>
>>1052497
oh yeah that happened to me too bro :/
>>
>>1048271
>lurking

>Redditspeak

who the fuck is this kid??
>>
>>1044078
> flights pretty empty, good news
> have a complimentary glass of champagne, can't go any better
> everyone's jovial and getting as comfortable as I've been so far
> back teeth start to float from the champagne
> run to bathroom and let my glorious stream go
> come back and someone snagged my seat
> explain the situation to him
> little faggot tells me everyone else moved seats so my ticket is now void
> notfuckinghappeningbabydick.jpg
> he move directly next to me and starts watching shit tier Indian shows
> down syndrome laughter proceeds fr every while he eye fucks me like Elton John's retarded cousin
> food comes and he begins screaming at the waitress
> we're getting off the plane
> shoulder check the little faggot over the seats and moon walk off that bitch
>>
>>1046503
I've only seen it flying to Hispanic countries, never domestically in the US
>>
>>1046343
I cribbed it from Heinlein.
>>
>>1046503
Wow,I thought this /trv/ meme was ded.
>Memories...
>>
>>1048301
Yeah, if they were askng her it put one butt cheek in 14D and the other in 36A, she had a legitimate pint.
>>
>>1049101
>Frankfurt
>Never, ever, ever again, at least as a layover.
>>
>>1049701
I have a couple of times. Once in the US, once in China and once in Colombia. All three times it was after pretty stormy flights or bumpy-ass approaches.
>>
How is the flight from America to Thailand? Is it as scary as I imagine?
>>
is this a good thread? should I bother sifting through these 250 shitposts to find a good one or not?
>>
>>1043132
Usual stuff, crying babies, grown men panicking quietly to themselves. I never mind a plane ride because I know that if we crash I'll be dead before I feel a thing.
>>
My flights are usually fun

>Get aisle seat
>Go to sleep
>people next to me try to tap me awake in the middle of a six hour flight
>Not really asleep, pretend to be unwakable though
>they either climb over me or hold it the rest of the way

>Get aisle seat
>Go to sleep
>People by window ask if they can use the bathroom
>"Do I need to... Yeah, now that you mention it. "
>Get up and use the bathroom for half an hour
>If they're back, thank them And let them go if they haven't
>Or be Almost unwakable if they haven't returned yet making them wait to sit down again.

Best is if you combine them both
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.