[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Passport index
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12
File: pp.jpg (48 KB, 634x539) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
48 KB, 634x539
What's your power rank, /trv/? 6 here, better than expected.

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php
>>
USA / tied for #1
>>
#17, Bananaland
>>
#4, Denmark
>>
#37, shithole country
>>
>>1042156
Russia?
>>
>>
4, 16 and 25
I will always use the Italian.
>>
>>1042144
#1 not a britbong
>>
>>1042144
2 and 5 baby
>>
We've been through this so many times. Visa free travel should only really be a part of what's considered a good passport.

How about WHV options aka the option to stay in a country for a whole year with or without working and not having a job lined up beforehand? Average Visa cost? Desirability of countries available for you to travel through? Etc.

Last but not least: travelling on an American passport isn't bad. But travelling as an American can be so shit even if you're a cool-ass person (I feel for you guys).
>>
>>1042658
>travelling as an American can be so shit even if you're a cool-ass person

Why's this? You mean because of the stereotypes?
>>
>>1042665
Yeah. I'm Canadian and so similar to so many of my American friends. But then if they told someone they were American while they were travelling they'd instantly be fighting an uphill battle while I'm just cruising on the fact that everyone tends to love us.

"What country is everyone from?"
"Canada"
"Sweden"
"Australia"
"North Carolina"
lmao
>>
>>1042669

>everyone tends to love us

That's because you don't seem to exist. You never hear anything about Canada ever. We need to know something before we can hate you.

I travelled with a Canadian guy for a couple of weeks and he would always get mad as hell when I compared him to Americans on numerous occasions and that was unable to tell the difference between them. Why?
>>
>>1042658

Also on top of that, a bunch of countries dont really accept Americans, or have them only when they have a minder or a tour guide.

Obvious ones are countries like North Korea, Iran, Turkmenistan ect, but ther are a bunch of others where you pretty much will find it very hard to get a visa unless your on a tour or have a minder (a good example is some central asian countries and some African countries).

The reason for this is the US in the past has been notorious with things like regime change and undermining other governments, hence they tend to be well monitored and restricted in some cases to certain areas by governments.
>>
>>1042722
Canadians read , exercise ,don't eat garbage and aren't massive cunts (like the Ameritards ) they are passive aggressive bitches instead otherwise Canacuks are identical to the Americunts

Mexican/Canadian Master race by the way
>>
>>1042722
Canadian here. The only Canadians who hate Americans are fedoralords who haven't left the country. It is, from an objective standpoint, very hard to tell Canadians and Americans apart at first glance or first discussion.
>>
>>1042780
I have a Canadian friend who's told me that there's a slight bias against Americans in general in almost all of Canada.
>>
>>1042831
i thot all canadians were justin bieber
>>
>>1042144
#17 along with the Jews
>best in Latin America as usual
I have the Italian aswell so I'm quite happy
>>
#1, helps having lots of former colonies I guess
>>
>>1044467
Ayy fellow Brit
>>
#4.
>Time to contact German embassy for second passport.
>>
#4, Ireland here
>>
>>1044655
shit, 6. I'm retarded
>>
2 visa free contries 145
Frenchfag here !
>>
>>1042144
#2 here.
Why is South Korea of all countries so far up?
>>
#4 Here, but who the fuck wants to be from the UK, US or especially France?
>>
#1 here Amerifag
>>1044734
I agree im an amerifuck and i dont even enjoy it.
>>
10 and 19
>>
>>1044734
Immigration numbers says a lot of people
>>
>>1044749
http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/most-popular/10-most-popular-countries-for-immigration/?view=all
>>
>>1042146

How the fuck is the USA #1 you have to pay for so many countries. While Australia is #9 bloody outrageous.
>>
>>1042669

I've started being like "where's that?" Whenever an American says their state.
In regards to best passport, probably Sweden because of the fees.
I have loads of American friends who I like and travel with but it's true, I'll automatically like a Canadian more than an American.
>>
>>1042144
I don't believe this. Scandifags seem to have more visa free access than any other country. Sure as hell not Amerifats.
>>
This rating is based on number of countries you can access, not number of visa free countries. When factorin that in USA is 5, UK is 4. They both have the same amount of visa free access but a UK passport is cheaper.
I can't remember who the top 3 were. I know Sweden and Germany were among them. I think Denmark as well. USA has 174 visit free countries. I think /trv/ is skewed because some of the places this board travels are places USA has to pay Visa where Germany or Sweden doesn't http://www.goeuro.co.uk/ultimate-passport-ranking
>>
File: passport_UK.png (610 KB, 1958x8519) Image search: [Google]
passport_UK.png
610 KB, 1958x8519
>>1044846
>>1044785
Looks like the USA has access to the same number of visa free countries as Finland and Sweden. So reason stands that there are just different ones. Probably places in the Carribean, Central, and South America, that charges Scandinavians and other Euros visas, but not USA or UK.
>>
>>1044847
Most respondents who wanted a second passport wanted a UK, followed closely by a USA, as well. And this is from a European site
>>
Barely made the top 10
>>
>>1044846

lmfao stop defending your pathetic USA passport. The other reason why UK passport is so high is because it allows you to work and live all over europe for aslong as you want. stay mad faggot
>>
>>1042144
i dont have to check.

i already know USA is #1

and i got Mexican also so that puts me in comfy #1

i have access to some communist countries that i wouldn't be able to visit with USA and rest of world with USA
>>
>>1042158
Nope, Guatemala
>>
File: 578_original-243x300.jpg (25 KB, 243x300) Image search: [Google]
578_original-243x300.jpg
25 KB, 243x300
I have an American and British passport.

Feels good man
>>
>>1046125
I was born in America to European parents. Moved to England at the age of about 5. Decided to keep American passport for perks. I have a British accent and an culturally British so I'm not instantly hated abroad. Feels good man
>>
>>1044870
>The other reason why UK passport is so high is because it allows you to work and live all over europe for aslong as you want. stay mad faggot

False. The UK is not in the Schengen Area.
>>
>>1046171
It's in the EU though, M8.
>>
>>1046198
So what? If it's not Schengen Area, you cannot do what that guy described without the proper visa. The UK's participation in the EU is focused on free trade.
>>
>>1042729

>Implying that I care about not being able to freely travel in Iran
>>
>>1042653
hey, me too
>>
>>1046305
Yes you can, Schengen just means you don't need a passport to cross borders, it has nothing to do with the right to work
>>
>>1042764
>Canadians read
American books
>Exercise
As if America isn't the most exercise crazy country, almost everyone goes to the gym or runs. Are people still fat? Yes. Do they work out? Yes.
>Massive cunts
lol butthurt
>>
#56 :/
>>
>>1042729
Central Asian countries? The visa process is quite simple for Americans in Central Asia, with only Uzbekistan charging Americans more for a visa. Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan also have visa free entry. The only exception is Turkmenistan, but that's difficult for everyone.
>>
>>1046171

https://www.gov.uk/working-abroad/overview

Sorry bro
>>
File: wYeTJg8[1].png (206 KB, 352x587) Image search: [Google]
wYeTJg8[1].png
206 KB, 352x587
Part of the balkan top tier. Fuck serbia. :)
>>
>>1042158
#35 is Russia. Muh Derzhava

Also
>Select all images with eggs.
Third time in a row
>>
>>1046924
>bald eagle screeches
No. It peeps.
>>
lel. Ethiopia looks like some cheap ass pamphlet for wiccans.
>>
File: et.png (786 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
et.png
786 KB, 600x836
>>1047962
>>
>>1047964
To me it appeals the most AESTHETIC
>>
41 fuck
>>
UK/US dual national

so I guess i'm fucking #0 and dead 'ard
>>
>>1042144
4, bitches
>>
>>1048038
>No one thinks you're a threat
Yeah man. You 'ard as fuck, blud.
>>
3 for now.. who knows in a year or two
>>
>>1042653
Me too !
France Canada !
>>
>>1042144
> Not being #1
>>
>>1042144
#16.
Not a jew.I'm white and live with my white friends on my white country.
>>
>>1042144
United Kingdom master race reporting in.

Also
>>1044771
This.
Literally everywhere I go it's "Yeah sure, hope aboard. Unless you are from the US. In that case pay up $150 and wait 5 hours so we can check all your documentation is in order.

What is this based on?
>>
>>1046305
Pretty sure I can m8.

>Source: Worked in Germany for 2 years without any visa bullshit.
>>
>>1048369
Different guy here. What's the purpose of the Schengen Area than if the UK can do that stuff without being in it? Generally curious.
>>
>>1048371
I really don't know. I think it's just more for convenience than anything else. Would be impractical to set up border controls around every little fucking country because there's hundreds of them within a stone's throw of each other.

Similar to the Euro really. Britain isn't involved with that either but it is still part of the EU.

It's just slightly different because it's an island nation. Still gets all the perks of Europe though (and then some).
>>
>give the number but now which countries you can travel without a visa
Shit website
>>
>>1042144
#79, shit.
>>
1 and 8 dawgs (NZ better than shackle dragging aussies again)
>>
File: images (8).jpg (9 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
9 KB, 320x180
>>1047972
nz is prettiest
>>
File: 027.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
#1 in the world
>>
>>1046171
Like you fucking know what the UK does in the EU. fucking prick.
>>
>>1042831

Yeah, but I don't know how authentic that is. I think it's more of a friendly rivalry. The only people who go "HURR DURR AMERICANS SUK" are Jr High kids.

Many Canadians are proud of their national identity, and some can be a bit offended (usually only jokingly) when compared to Americans. But then you have some people who get really butthurt. Those people fucking suck though, and you'll find them from basically any less-than-important country.

I even had an American chick get really sour when I said that her state sounded a lot like Canada lolol
>>
File: Bilde_2395_lrg[1].jpg (42 KB, 800x775) Image search: [Google]
Bilde_2395_lrg[1].jpg
42 KB, 800x775
rate our new passport design
I liked the old one better
>>
>>1042144
>56
being spic is suffering
>>
>>1042144
#1 and #5 woo
>>
>>1049833
Guess the norwegian gov doesnt have shit to do, eh?
>>
File: flag.jpg (10 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
flag.jpg
10 KB, 284x177
#1 USA, USA , USA
>>
>>1049845
you mean being Colombian sucks? What do you spect you fucking drug smuggler mule
>>
>>1044772
>I've started being like "where's that?" Whenever an American says their state.
As an Amerifat, let me explain why we just say our state/city:
>Where are you from?
USA.
>Oh yeah? Where in the US?
[State].
>watch as person mentally tries to pinpoint where this is (most people are understandably shaky on our geography aside from New York and California).
I live by [major city].
>Oh, OK!

I've never not had a follow up question on where specifically in the US I'm from. After answering these questions every single time you meet someone, can you blame us for skipping to the end?

Bonus:
>Where are you from?
USA.
>Oh that's interesting, usually Americans just say the city. So where in the US do you live?
>>
>>1044772
I agree with >>1050110 answering "America" doesn't really convey much information. America is a big fucking country with some significant regional differences, it's like asking someone where they're from and getting Europe as a response. Did they answer the question? Sure. Did it tell me what I'd hoped to find out? No, not at all. I'll answer America if I'm specifically asked what country I'm from, but I still immediately follow it up with the state. If I'm just asked where I'm from I'll always default to my state first.
>>
#4 Dutchfag/The Netherlands here

- Travel trough Europe whitout a problemos
- Travel to the US whitout a problemos, because they trust us

Nobody has anything against the Dutch (same like Fins or Norwegians) like:
- The British are loud drunk people
- French are arrogant
- Lots of people despise the US, they won't tell them/show them because of tourist$$$$ but they do
- Greeks wont pay for anything

feelsgoodman.png
>>
>>1042144
1, 6, 22 not bad
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.