[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1389891558611.png (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1389891558611.png
62 KB, 500x500
Didn't see any sort of qtddtot on the catalog so I thought to make one to get some of my questions answered. I don't usually browse /trv/ and only have traveled a bit in the past. But recently I have been gaining interest in going solo, starting with around the US before I go on out to other countries. I want to pick some of your brains out there and learn a few safe ways to do things. I am pretty clueless with traveling. Are there any safety precaution in traveling solo other than using common sense? Any sort of trusted and affordable places to stay for solo traveler?
>>
>>1039805
>Any sort of trusted and affordable places to stay for solo traveler?
I think those are called Hostels.
>>
>>1039813

I heard good things about hostels from /trv/. I've never been to one so I don't know exactly how it works. Where would you keep your stuff? just as close to you as you can? Or do they have some sort of locker for personal use?
>>
>>1039823
Some have lockers in the rooms. Others make you pay extra for using a locked storage area by the lobby. It depends on the place.
>>
File: Flag_of_Italy.svg.png (331 B, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
331 B, 125x83
I'm traveling to Italy for 2 weeks in December with a friend. We have no plans or idea really what to do. Any recommendations? Pretty much all we have set is our airline tickets and we plan to stay in hostels. We will be flying in and out of Rome. What should we do /trv/?
>>
>>1039813
Is it ok to stay at hostels if you are 31 years old?
>>
>>1040137
Use high speed trains to move through most touristic cities (Firenze, Bologna, Venice, Milan). You need to reserve your sit.

Avoid Naples, it's a shithole.
>>
File: COSTIERA.jpg (287 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
COSTIERA.jpg
287 KB, 1366x768
>>1040137
Mate, this >>1040188 anon mabye had a bad experience, but I can make you an extremely big list to visit Naples and its surroundings. For example, in the pic you can see Amalfi's coast if you like wonderful landscapes.
If you're interested to art and history, Naples is REALLY interesting, you can't even imagine what even its citizens (and other regions') don't even know. Naples is the city of the first university in Italy, the Federico II, come on. Yeah, I'm a fan, I can go on if you like.
With this I'm not telling you to not go to the other cities that the anon suggested you, but I'm pretty sure that you have to choose what you are interested.
>>
>>1040188

Any must sees in Firenze? Not the guy you're replying to, but I'll be interrailing through there come winter.
>>
>>1040290
Not that guy, but you should visit Brunelleschi's Dome (you can go to the top of it), Uffizi's Museum where you can find LOTS of paintings that you should absolutely see. Then, Santa Maria Novella (both out and inside), Cappella Brancacci in Santa Maria del Carmine where you can see the collaboration between Masaccio and Masolino.
>>
>>1039823
Most have lockers that you can use your own lock on. So make sure to buy a lock when you go traveling.

>>1040170
Yes, these days there are people of all ages staying in hostels but most are in their mid to late 20s.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.