[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is there to do in York?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: the-shambles.jpg (52 KB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
the-shambles.jpg
52 KB, 550x411
What is there to do in York?
>>
What is there to do?
>>
What is there?
>>
What is love?
>>
Baby don't hurt me
>>
walk around on the wall, check out the viking museum, see the old building, get some fish and chips
>>
Lots of lovely traditional pubs. And York Minster. It's also great to just wander around for a while through all of the lovely little cobbled streets.
>>
>>1038055
>>1038070
thanks brosephs
>>
Transport Museum

Tea Rooms

Pubs
>>
>>1038023
https://youtu.be/QvqjYo519uk?t=16m25s
>>
>>1038023
York Minster is the highlight. Go there at opening time on a weekday. I did this once and had the building to myself for an hour while the sunlight streamed through the stained class. One of the highlights of my life.
>>
>>1038023
Go to the restaurant Concerto, it's near the minster and it's brilliant. Try and get there on the day they do the chicken dish.
>>
fondle m00t
>>
>>1038023
Don't go to the Viking Museum! Waste of time and money. It's a big tourist trap.

Get a map and walk on the city walls, it's not that hard and doesn't take too long and you'll see most the city. Then also see York Minster and Clifford's Tower. Find 'The Shambles' area and walk around there, that's where most of the Tudor buildings are.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.