[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive been married for about 2 years and my wifes passport has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Visa-Denied.jpg (1 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Visa-Denied.jpg
1 MB, 4000x3000
Ive been married for about 2 years and my wifes passport has her Maiden name on it still. We have traveled to Europe (We are US Citizens) with her passport since marriage, and everything was fine because I booked all of the tickets in her maiden name. However I just booked some tickets to Russia and I wasnt thinking about the Visa process with her maiden name. I went through and filled out the Visa application like she is single and unmarried, using the name on the passport.

>Do you think this will be a problem when it comes to getting a visa?
>>
It's not worth the risk. Two years is a long time not to either decide to stick with the maiden name, or get IDs, a new drivers license and passport (and voters reg and social security card). Passports can be gotten with tickets with some urgency...two weeks?

Maybe you should just eat the ticket, buy a single new one, or get them changed with whatever tour you bought. US is an enemy of Russia, so any trouble you have would be the wrong kind of forgiveness. They're serious in their reciprocation of the visa process and every visitor from the US is a possible spy, so you know :P
>>
>>1118162
Lol what? This is fear mongering at its finest
>>
>>1118184
>Lol what? This is fear mongering at its finest
Russian media propaganda at its finest, alive and well!

OP, they're notorious for cancelling visas and creating issues for travelers, mistakes that cost you time and money to fix. Don't risk a thing. Have everything in order. This is really advice for every country. I've traveled If your spouse has a driver's license with both names listed, might be okay, but some jackass immigration official or even airline official can destroy your whole trip with the hiccup of understanding.
>>
so basically on the application form you put "single" instead of "married"? Is that all?

that should not be a problem unless they find out. They can only possible find out from the other documents you submitted. No contradiction in the documents = no problem.

I don't see what this all has to do with your wife keeping her maiden name at all.
>>
>>1118202
She didn't keep her maiden name. She changed her last name, but on the visa it still has her maiden name. On all of the documents I filled out I just filled it out as if she isn't married (I even put single on the question asking her marriage status)
>>
>>1118220
I wouldn't have lied. That's not ID issues, that's you simply lying. Undo that.
>>
Did the visa get approved?

If so then as long as you both keep your heads down and don't get into trouble your wife is fine, but if you're worried at all don't risk it.

If you've not submitted the form yet, get another, fill it in truthfully and provide a copy of your marrage certificate (an official one, not just some photocopy you've knocked up at staples) along with the passport to provide proof as to her actual name and marrage status.
>>
>>1118240
We were working on the visa application. I just scrapped it and I will get her a new passport instead. We still have around 3 months before we leave.
>>
>>1118294
>3 months
Yeah just redo it and do it right this time. Might be worth risking if you were leaving next week or something.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.