[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone worked the japenese ski resorts? I work in hospitality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: ski_1249855c.jpg (19 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
ski_1249855c.jpg
19 KB, 460x288
anyone worked the japenese ski resorts?

I work in hospitality and I can skii a bit

have concerns that wages up there might be slave-like, and cost of living really high
also that it might be a sausage-fest

but then it sounds like an experience, and something that's fairly within my reach
>>
>>1116505
Yeah nah it's not Whistler. Can't just show up in sandals with a bottle of jack and ride out the winter working the lifts and sleeping in a staff hotel room.

They're strict rule abiding assholes up that way. Trust me man it will NOT happen without work papers and you will NOT get said work papers.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when weebs get their hopes and dreams crushed but I dont want to live with knowing i encouraged some dumbfuck freezing to death on my conscience.

This is almost as stupid as the Somalia backpacking guy.
>>
>>1117024
I'm aware papers are a strict requirement, but I don't see any reason I wouldn't get them
I've got friends who went up there and worked in ski stores and cruised out the winter

where is you advice coming from, have you been?
>>
>>1117024
>what is a working holiday visa

Bumping for op cause I've thought about this too and never really met anyone with experience doing it
>>
>>1116505

It's possible in Hokkaido. I see resorts in Niseko posting ads every year. Generally they're looking for hotel staff, people to meet guests at the airport, assorted flunkies, etc. So, pretty low-level unskilled jobs. Pay is about Y1000 per hour and accommodations are in the hotel's dormitory. You get to ski for free on your one day off every week, or in off-hours if your shift works out that way. You won't meet too many Japanese people (Hokkaido ski resorts are over-run with Australians and Chinese), and you won't save much money, but if you've nothing better to do I suppose there are worse ways to spend the winter.
>>
>>1117154
I work in hospitality so I'm fairly confident I'd find work, also Australian

but what I really want to know is how it all works logistically

I've worked as a casual and it's awful, you end up not being able to use your time off to actually do anything

you get one day off a week?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.