[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tup/ - Tulpa General -Love the tup edition >What are tu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102
File: snek tulpa chart.jpg (343 KB, 1600x1300) Image search: [Google]
snek tulpa chart.jpg
343 KB, 1600x1300
/tup/ - Tulpa General -Love the tup edition

>What are tulpas?
A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you.
More info: http://www.tulpa.info/faq/

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-great-big-list-of-guides

Ask questions and get answers, or discuss tulpas in general

Previous thread: >>3760986
>>
>>3960635
I really hope people actually post so this doesn't die.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>3960635
Fuck it I'll just keep bumping until someone posts.
>>
>>3960920
Post something to actually talk about.
>>
>>3960941
Good idea. Okay people. Post a picture of your tulpa along with a story the two of you want to share. It can be touching, it can be raunchy, it can be silly, it can be whatever you want.
>>
>>3960981
>a picture of your tulpa
I don't understand why people ask for this shit. The only posts you get are the same 3 anons who can art and the anons who blatantly copied their anime waifu.
>>
>>3960981
This isn't a particular story, but my tup goes insane over seafood, especially fish. I really do like seafood, but every time we eat out, she tries her absolute hardest to convince me to get the seafood. It's kind of cute desu fampai
>>
>>3960981
I guess I'll start. My tulpa is the one in the OP. Made the little chart thing for her. Anyways...
The other night I was sitting on the balcony at my apartment smoking, and out of nowhere snek tulpa's older sister runs out the balcony door and dives over the rail, snek following shortly after. She slithers over the rail and lands on the grass below, then takes off after her older sister. They both climb the fence around the pool and the older sister dives in. Snek follows suit. They then proceed to play a game of cat and mouse, or rather snake and shark lady, in the pool until snek corners her and wraps her up, sinking them to the bottom of the pool. I can't really see what's going on at this point, but I know it has to be sexual in nature. After a moment, the older sister wriggles free and swims to the surface, cresting and flying out onto the side, then climbing the fence and running up the hillside around the pool. Snek climbs out, giggling and chases her.

Cut to them ending up on the roof with the elder sister freaking out, trying to stab the snek while being groped and molested. Eventful night. The eldest sister was sitting beside me drinking tea and shaking her head. I asked her if the was going to break them up, or stop snek on her random molestation rampage, and she simply replied: "No."
>>
i really need to work on my tulpa but i procrastinate to hell and back and have no fucking motivation for anything, my multitudes of creative projects included

fugg
>>
>>3961021
Because seeing the different tulpa and their forms can be interesting.
>>
>>3961310
Form is irrelevant anyway, it is totally arbitrary and in no way concrete.
>>
>>3961517
Some tulpa feel like it helps them to create an identity for themselves or helps them express how they feel or wish to be represented.
>>
>>3961728
Then the correct question is "what does your tulpa think of having a form" not just "post a picture :):):)"
>>
Who /dfg/ here?
>>
>>3962533
I wish, too much of a scrub to survive my first goblin raid.
>>
>>3962533
I really enjoy adventure mode, even though it's sometimes broken and unforgiving, but the fun always stops when I get to a city for a quest, because the game just starts going at 1 FPS and I can't do shit
>>
>>3962533
What's that?
>>
>>3962983
Dwarf fortress general.
>>
File: bread.jpg (4 MB, 4752x3168) Image search: [Google]
bread.jpg
4 MB, 4752x3168
>>3962533
I tried to get into it, but then life fucked me in the ass so I didn't have the time to watch tutorials or have a good enough comp to play.

>>3961021
I enjoy seeing others tups. What pictures would we post anyways? This is an image board, what the fuck is a tulpa thread going to post? Bread?

>>3961224
iktf. You just need to make a habit out of it.
>>
>>3964360
Given how few talented artists post here, basically every picture of a tulpa is just some screengrabs of anime or pony characters. Even if that weren't the case, it reduces the thread to blogshit circlejerking about the posters themselves and their special snowflakes rather than the actual topic. You can talk about a topic without posting the equivalent of selfies, no other board but /soc/ posts pictures of the members of the conversation.
>>
>>3960635
Any of those strips out there for the other monmusu?
>>
There's an option to post an image and if people want to share their tulpa's form that's 100% okay.
>>
>>3965269
I just made that one from a chart someone posted last thread. The original chart I'm pretty sure you can find though.
>>
>>3965601
There is the option to post any combination of characters up to the character limit and post any image up to the image size limit. That doesn't mean that any possible combination of text or any possible image is appropriate for posting. Tulpa.info is the place to go if you want to blogpost.
>>
File: 1433940302064.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433940302064.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
I spent lots of time with my tulpa yesterday but today if I try to focus on her I just get an headache
Guess I should just take the day off but I feel like shit because I can still sort of feel her presence and she's probably worrying about me
I just wanted us to have fun together like we did yesterday, man
>>
>>3965662
I never understood that shared mentality that a forum about tulpa shouldn't share tulpa stories or introduce their tulpa.
>>
>>3966271
It's an extension of 4chan edginess. People are afraid this thread's going to get drama if there's even a hint of any sort of individuality, so they try to crush it, even though it would make the thread a lot more boring, forgetting that the old days of tulpamancy had plenty of namefags and it was more interesting that way.
>>
>>3966271
Anonymous posting means you can have discourse on a topic purely on the merits of the posts divorced from the identities of the posters. Introducing a tulpa or posting repeatedly on behalf of a tulpa, especially with avatars, defeats the purpose. You have reddit and tulpa.info for account based posting if you want that.

>>3966321
Namefags and avatarfagging reduces the thread to conversations about specific tulpas and people rather than tulpas as a phenomenon. Why would you do that on the site designed specifically to avoid that instead of the multitude of sites designed specifically for it?
>>
>>3966321
>forgetting that the old days of tulpamancy had plenty of namefags and it was more interesting that way.
Yeah, so interesting you got permabanned from two boards.
>>
>>3966321
>>3966373
>>3966420
Okay I can see where this is going. Let's just agree to disagree before this thread turns into "muh anonymous 4chan culture" vs. "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" and trolling.
>>
>>3966462
Fuck you, you're not my real dad, you can't tell me what to do!
>>
>>3966462
I just don't see why people get so paranoid about something so innocuous as posting tulpas. I'd understand if it was some namefag attention-whoring, but no one's doing that, they're just posting tulpas without trying to deliberately center attention on themselves.
>>3966420
true, kek. At least they can't permaban us from /trash/, right? ... Right?
>>
>>3966714
Because whenever tulpa-time starts there is always at least 1 namefag-by-proxy or straight up roleplayer who takes it as a sign that he is welcome, and the thread becomes a disaster of shitposting until it 404s.
>>
>>3966714
It's because people want the thread to be an imageless, vague conversation about tulpa with no variety and total anonymity because images make them full of rectal pain.
>>
File: bread.png (828 KB, 1014x646) Image search: [Google]
bread.png
828 KB, 1014x646
>>3964451
Does this mean I get to post more bread?
>>
File: Gourmet-Bread.jpg (77 KB, 629x354) Image search: [Google]
Gourmet-Bread.jpg
77 KB, 629x354
It is really tragic that there are people so desperate for individual attention and so utterly unremarkable that they can't get attention on websites where everyone is individual that they need to come to a site where they are the only individual among the anonymous posters.

>>3967014
Please do, I love a well-cooked loaf.
>>
File: sanfranciscosourdough.jpg (86 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
sanfranciscosourdough.jpg
86 KB, 500x333
>>3967036
Almost no one REALLY tries to force (no pun intended) their individuality on anyone here (except maybe that one gard tupper). Showing your tup =/= looking for attention. If you're trying to say something about me:
>>3966714
>>3966321
I don't even post my tulpa, mostly because it's impossible for me. I just don't see why people think that one second we're posting tulpas, next we're drama central or .info circlejerk or three posters vying for ALL the attention. It gives this dead-ass thread something to talk about, much like this argument. I love a nice sourdough.
>>
>>3967182
This dead ass thread was active until some fucking rabbit poster decided to spend all thread every thread attention whoring and solid snake responded by spending all thread every thread shitposting. The average poster on 4chan hates avatarfags and namefags, the average poster on 4chan browsing trash who see this thread has them decide to go elsewhere.
>>
>>3967210
That was literally months ago. Jesus she really left a lasting impression on this thread, huh? She only started trolling with images because people got so butthurt over it and constantly took the bait. And iirc it was only like 3 threads that that happened. Since then when people posted their tulpa that hasn't happened.
>>
>>3967255
It was on and off for at least a month and thread population never recovered.
>>
>>3966167
Watch a movie or something together.
>>
>>3967320
Oh please. It was maybe... MAYBE three threads because she got bored. Since then the threads have had the usual amount of people coming and going. These threads were never that active. In fact, when she was posting the threads were more active than they were previously. Don't try to even imply that she ruined these threads.
>>
What's the weirdest tulpa or tulpamancer you've ever met or heard of? I remember back in the day I met this kid named Maverick who had over 100 tulpa. He had like every character from mlp, some of them just pallet swaps. He had a few anime girls, and Slenderman. He was apparently in love with Slenderman and they had tentacle sex with each other.
>>
File: rye_bread-1024x682.jpg (123 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
rye_bread-1024x682.jpg
123 KB, 1024x682
>>3967811

I remember that guy, didn't read much of his thread, but the little I did was crazy out there. I doubt his constructs are very developed at all, and mainly run on his expectations and desires without much of an opinion of their own.

What I read just sounded like a horny teen's wild sexual fantasies.I'd say what makes it weird is that it's all in his head, but really, that's where fantasies like that come from.
>>
File: beerbreads.jpg (293 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
beerbreads.jpg
293 KB, 1600x1067
>>3967014

Post your tulpa's favorite bread.
>>
>>3968053

That just reminds me that I haven't had my tup eat anything, or even transfer taste much recently. Last time I did that was with some fruit snacks. I used to do that all the time, but it just hasn't crossed my mind recently.

Pic is one of my own favs, though.
>>
File: Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.jpg (100 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.jpg
100 KB, 640x480
>>3968165

Forgot pic.
>>
>>3968006
>>3968053

Poopposting. Shame on you.
>>
File: 1467391568018.gif (836 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
1467391568018.gif
836 KB, 142x146
>>3964360
>>3967014
>>3967036
>>3967182
>>3968006
>>3968053
>>3968172
>Not liking pumpernickel.
Plebians, all of you.
>>
>>3962629
>>3962776
>>3962983
>>3964360
... uhm, by dfg I meant Gentle Fendom, sorry.
>>
>>3968303
More like pumpernigger
>>
File: 1467899475094.jpg (12 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
1467899475094.jpg
12 KB, 241x250
who /doesntdeservetheirtulpa/ here?

>tulpa is most supportive being
>feel like i never do enough for them
>>
>>3969090
My host doesn't deserve me.
>>
File: happy char.jpg (9 KB, 130x200) Image search: [Google]
happy char.jpg
9 KB, 130x200
>>3969090
They love you because you're you, man. If that makes sense.
The love you share between each other is all that matters. You don't need to pay her back for her support, just focus on reciprocating the affection they give you (and I'm sure you're already doing that, the simple fact that they exist is proof enough that you care about them).
I'm not really good with words.
>>
>>3969090
This is my biggest concern with getting a tulpa. Not only am I an asshole so things will probably not be any different with a tulpa, but I'm also a boring NEET so maybe she'll be super bored and want me to do something interesting.

I just have to hope she'll turn out as asocial as I am.
>>
File: 1463705836179.jpg (87 KB, 403x570) Image search: [Google]
1463705836179.jpg
87 KB, 403x570
>>3969544
>Make a boring NEET tulpa
>All it does is make a room in your wonderland and sleep all day or masturbate
>>
>>3969282
Thankfully, my tup isn't as brutal as you supposedly are.

>>3969285
I do, but it still feels a bit off. I just feel like I could be a better host. My tup doesn't hold it against me tho.

>>3969544
Nah, I'm a socially inept asshole and interactions with my tulpa are all positive. My life is a little boring, but I try to do stuff for her, and I'm sure you once you realise the tulpa-host bond, you'll be willing, as well.
>>
What are the guides you guys would recommend to a beginner?
>>
>>3976081
You can never go wrong with the original one by FAQ_Man, imo
>>
>>3969979
I'd be okay with that.
>>
>>3976081
i started with FAQ and Irish's guides but ended up just using them to get a feel for what you need to do to make a tulpa, and doing my own thing. this guide is literally what I did to create my first tulpa. generally though it's a good idea to read a few and then take what you like from those and do your own thing. also, don't be afraid to experiment and share results.

TL;DR, FAQ/Irish to get the basics and do your own thing, any other thoughts I have on making a tulpa can be found here:
tinyurl com/k4qngxr

Also check out the wiki section and this link (Though I don't know about the pastebin links, they might be out of date or missing):
http://pastebin.com/SrAWPTKZ
>>
File: Visualizing.png (161 KB, 1826x1097) Image search: [Google]
Visualizing.png
161 KB, 1826x1097
>>3976081
Read a whole bunch of guides and try to take a little from each one. Many agree on several topics, but they also suggest different methods according to the biases of the author. Get an idea what you think would work for you and go from there. It's important to have fallbacks in case one method isn't cutting it for you.

For starters, check out FAQ_Man's and Irish's guides(they're pretty bare, but good starting points and you don't need much more than them, honestly), Methos' guide (and Raina.txt, too. Shit's pretty funny), NLD's guide and Kiahdaj's wall of text. They're's tons of good guides out there, take advantage of them.
>>
the worst thing about tulpas is there's no way to prove their existence so you can never tell if it's a real brainshit or just a faggot
>>
>>3978861
believe what you want, anon
>>
>>3978941

well i'm just saying it'd deal with the attention whore aspect if there was some way to prove tulpas

nevermind that most people would just make their tulpas anime chicks
>>
>>3978967
there will always be attention whores
but does it really matter what another person's tulpa looks like?
>>
>>3979064
>but does it really matter what another person's tulpa looks like?

Let's find out.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10702634
>>
>>3979064

what
who said anything about what another person's tulpa looks like?
i was just talking about the general problem with roleplayers.
>>
>>3979186
>no options for either that have "and there has been no change in my social interaction"
shit poll/10
>>
>>3979266
Social interaction is a continuous variable, the probability of any exact value is 0.
>>
File: 1320813769830.gif (2 MB, 300x242) Image search: [Google]
1320813769830.gif
2 MB, 300x242
>>3979266
oh yeah dubs confirm

>>3979346
Yes, but the way you word the question is implying that having a tulpa has affected the host's social interaction. So my answer is E, none of the above, having tulpas has in no way changed this for me.
>>
>>3979516
Here you go dubsman, I created an entry just for you.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10702726
>>
File: 235235235.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
235235235.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
>>3979674
Nice ad-hominem bro. It's impossible to replace social interaction with humans with interaction with tulpas. You'll still suffer the psychological and physiological effects of not having any social interaction whatsoever. If that's not what you're referring to, then you're not considering the fact that people can move social groups from one to another of roughly the same size, meaning that there is no change. Having a tulpa is not guaranteed to make you more or less social or increase or decrease your social interactions, and they are not a replacement for real, flesh and blood people no matter how much people claim they are.
>>
>>3979837
Interaction with IRL people and interaction with tulpas is different, but there is still a decent overlap. Interacting with your tulpa gives you some of the same things you get out of human interaction without giving you all of it. Opening this extra avenue of new social interaction by definition affects your social identity, the only way it can have literally no effect on the rest of your interpersonal relationships is if you neglect your tulpa to the point where you essentially never interact with it or you are just not aware of how you have changed. So either you essentially don't have a tulpa for the purposes of the question or you are by definition not self-aware enough to answer. That is not an ad-hom.
>>
>>3980003
They don't give you anything new since they literally know you (or, more likely, are just you talking to yourself and you've convinced yourself it's someone else) inside and out. It's no different than talking to yourself because you know them entirely and they know you entirely since you made the tulpa and decided what to make them like/dislike/how they act/etc. Unless you go around telling everyone you know and their mother about your tulpas, or you only talk to your tulpas then there is no way they can affect your interpersonal relationships or social interactions. The way you asked the question is poor as well; the way you have the options listed implies that because you have tulpas, there have been changes to your social interactions. It is entirely possible to have changes to your social interactions and have them not be due to having a tulpa at all, regardless of their form.
>>
>>3980240
You just proved that you have no idea what it is actually like to have a developed tulpa, dubsman. The distinction between simply using standard theory of mind and having a tulpa is that you can be genuinely surprised by the responses, opinions and observations. This alienated response triggers the sense that you are conversing with a different person but with the ability to be totally open and trusting. Having that aspect of interaction available at all times changes the balance of your social fulfillment in one way or another. Maybe come back to post when you actually know the most fundamental principles of the topic you are trying to post about.
>>
>>3980570
I know what I'm talking about, but I'm also a skeptic and I don't trust people further than I could throw a big sack of lead bricks, so I'm not just going to openly accept that tulpas are magically mental equals. You refuse to accept the possibility that they're nothing more than your brain deceiving itself. A tulpa cannot know anything you do not; that is simply impossible. It's entirely possible tulpas are nothing more than trained reactions you are assuming are self-aware entities that exist in your brain alongside your own. They can say something surprising, but it wouldn't really be that surprising because it's based on your knowledge. If you know about something, they know about something, they can take that knowledge, use it, and say something that one would think was "surprising" but if they sat down and thought about it, you'd realize you knew about what they mentioned. And again, a delusion can surprise you, a hallucination can surprise you. Tulpas cannot replace the fulfillment a flesh and blood human gives; the brain knows the difference unless you've decided to completely throw skepticism into the wind and blindly believe in something you do not have any empirical evidence of. According to this http://www.ejpt.net/index.php/ejpt/article/view/18597 "oxytocin seems to facilitate a positive psychobiological stress response for both men and women" and the same article notes several things that trigger the production of this chemical, which include things like conversation and cuddling, things most people would say they do with their tulpas. Unfortunately there aren't any large scale studies relating to tulpas on this (although that would be nice, I don't think there are enough people with tulpas to provide a good sample but I could be wrong) the anecdotal evidence I provide here is that doing anything on the list given in that article does not in fact provide the positive psychobiological response in me that it should.
>>
>>3981082
Cont.
The only thing close to what most describe tulpas as is a theoretical thing called "dual consciousness"; someone linked a youtube video talking about it a while back. Essentially it's linked to Alien Hand Syndrome, a situation where a patient has their corpus callosum cut and the different hands operate differently. The theory states that both halves of the brain have their own consciousness, but the results I get when I search this seem to imply that this issue is debatable and nobody can seem to agree on whether it's true or not (hence why it's just a theory). If we did in fact have dual consciousness, it would perhaps allow whichever half is normally "subdued" to be "overwritten" by the tulpa, but the more likely case is "Forcing" creates a pattern in your brain which you then accept as "not you", but still lives up to your expectations. In fact, what we do know about tulpas is that expectation plays a big part in tulpa creation; it's why relatively early on the concept of hour counts was generally seen as a negative thing, and still is; the theory is that those expectations hold back tulpa creation and force it to take much longer. This is why people would say not to worry about those or to ignore then back when FAQ and Irish had the only decent guides. That "surprise" you feel is genuine, but it's a construct from things that you know, because that's all a tulpa has to work with. You're pretty much taking what you know and creating a sort of pattern in your brain that takes that knowledge and does something different with it, but creating one or more fully functioning minds that work alongside your own is inconceivable. It's much more rational to think of it as simply rearranging some neurons to take your current knowledge and reply in a way you expect (you "expect" to be surprised, therefore the knowledge is given to you in a way you find surprising).
>>
>>3981082
>You refuse to accept the possibility that they're nothing more than your brain deceiving itself.
On the contrary I have known this is exactly what they are since I first started, a well developed hypothetical game. But with sufficient training you can isolate this habit from your higher level awareness to the point where you can be surprised at a cursory "glance" at the thought, which creates a similar sense on a primal level as interacting with a totally different person and fulfills some of the lower brain social needs. I have compared cuddling with my tulpa and cuddling with cute IRL girls and get very similar biochemical release, and since developing my tulpa sufficiently I have been able to get that sense of being able to unburden myself like you do when you open up to another person. These are not isolated to me, it is fairly typical in reports by other tulpamancers. If you can't get these you simply need to work on it more, the brain is fairly easy to trick. The point is not whether they are replacing real interaction, it is to see how the simulation of interaction that tulpas provide affects overall social desires and whether there is a correlation between the type of tulpa and effect. For example, in the admittedly small sample size I have taken, I have found that people with fantastical tulpas were desperate for that feeling of closeness and acceptance. Making a tulpa reduced their overall social level because they no longer had to seek that out as much. The people I know who made realistic tulpas did so for someone to lean on, and having that support enabled them to be more social.
>>
>>3960981

I got a funny one

>Roughass day at work
>Too tired to get dressed for bed, just get in my underwear and collapse
>Chalupa settles in and I invite her to join me
>They do so, and add a button-up shirt for some reason
>And then I realize why, but it's too late
>They recreate the sliding socks scene from Risky Business
>Didn't think it was possible to have that much of a giggle while so exhausted
>>
>>3981393
The best answer I can give is this: it's increased my social interaction I guess, but it hasn't changed that social interaction in any way other than increasing the number of interactions I have, and even then that's not always true because I'm not interacting with my tulpas 24/7 because I have a real life and real people to interact with and I'd rather not pretend to talk to someone else that probably most likely doesn't even exist about all the fucked up shit that goes on that they already know about.
>>
>>3982852
Also they usually go with either "ficitonal" or a 3d version of that, with exceptions, but I've never given a shit about forms and let them choose their own so I don't know.
>>
>>3980003
I'd always thought of a tulpa-host relationship as a closed system that can refine and interact with a preexisting state of mind.
Nothing new can really enter the system and provides diminishing effects they can impart on you. But the host really serves reality to the tulpa.

We exist in our mind due to the instructions our bodies use to prepare a blank slate to function in the world and we can share this structure with a second party by drilling a blank spot in our mind to respond until it comes alive as we did.

I've always seen the host as a kind of arbiter of sensory feed to the tulpa but with the major difference between a host emerging to meet the world vs a tulpa is that the tulpa has a great set of prelabeled training data and shared pathways that don't rely on physiological mechanisms that hasten their emergence.

>>3981082
I do, myself, refuse to just believe that a tulpa is a zombie-like set of instructions any more than the host is on the grounds that it is not seen in any exchange of information in the known world.
Externally a person would qualify as one mind in any sane scenario but partitioning out idle pathways would allow the person to perceive themselves as two.

To produce a measure of complexity you will need a physical system of comparable size backing that complexity or a very inflexible system to create something on par with that complexity. Imagine a small executable file that you could chat with like a real human with personality.
Seems impossible.

Now imagine it has no memory, cannot learn, is difficult to change without breaking it, and difficult to understand how it works.
Much more doable. And surprisingly unlike a real person now.

The brain is so amazingly plastic a tulpa can drawn on preexisting neural pathways to produce nearly as much complexity as the host can provide as well as draw on their flexibility.
>>
This discussion, while being hostile and generally nothing but subjective speculation, is so much better than anime screengrabs with "lol my tulpa is so random, have a diary entry".
>>
>>3983275
lol my tlpa is so random xdddd and thats why I hate my tulpa
>>
File: 1444246371567.png (530 KB, 904x882) Image search: [Google]
1444246371567.png
530 KB, 904x882
>>3983204
Cont

I agree that a tulpa is no substitute for human interaction because it is a closed system but I think they provide a huge benefit to moments of solitude by cycling back through previously experiences to draw out unique combinations of thought and action that go far beyond simple "surprise."

It is important to keep a healthy social interaction with a tulpa, and perhaps even easier, with one as they seem to enhance moments of down time to prepare you for the time you need to interact again.

I'm buzzed, it's late, I'm tired.

Just some words I thought made sense.
>>
File: How old is your tup.png (426 KB, 587x925) Image search: [Google]
How old is your tup.png
426 KB, 587x925
How old is your Tulpa, /tup/?

http://poal.me/ht6pzs
>>
File: 1465615962984.jpg (140 KB, 729x917) Image search: [Google]
1465615962984.jpg
140 KB, 729x917
Who /ponytulpa/ here?

Ponies are the cutest physical form and best for long cuddling sessions.
>>
Daily reminder that lewding your tulpa is healthy for both of you.
>>
File: 1444856256912.jpg (59 KB, 521x592) Image search: [Google]
1444856256912.jpg
59 KB, 521x592
>>3960635
>>3960981

Oh gee, another roleplaying thread

Its posts like this that make me think this whole tulpa thing is bull
>>
>>3986331
>Oh gee, another roleplaying thread
even if it was roleplaying, and had no real substance behind it, roleplaying for the sake of roleplaying exists all over this board.
>>
>>3986412
That doesn't mean it should.
>>
>>3986331
>>3986425
I don't really see how asking someone to share an experience with their tulpa is role-playing, but if you say so, holier than thou anon.
>>
>>3986331

> Complaining about roleplaying on /trash/

I laugh at you, and award you a (You)
>>
>>3979207

Being honest, if a real roleplaying attention whore were to invade, the general would not know how to deal with it, and end up imploding. Most people who are most worried about attention whoring and roleplaying are the same sorts who will heap attention of the subject of their ire. Unfortunately, this tends to result in the subject continuing to post mainly out of spite. This becomes even more of a problem if the person in question was not really causing trouble, and an anon just freaked because they used a picture they don't like (Whoch has happened before in this thread, multiple times).

This thread isn't that given to attention whoring without the element of spite, so it's best to just enjoy that. If someone does seem like an attention whore, starve them, and they'll chill out. Storing up internet darts to use will only cause things to get worse.

If you need an example, check .info. Its been overtaken by a single user, and part of what caused it is that user kept stoking the fire and trying to insult them away.
>>
File: tried_so_hard_and_got_so_far.png (89 KB, 1792x599) Image search: [Google]
tried_so_hard_and_got_so_far.png
89 KB, 1792x599
>>3988541
>by a single user

you mean...
>>
>>3988991

Yep. It's the ur example of what NOT to do when dealing with a disruptive user.

The mocking only served to encourage him in his behavior, and in fact nearly everything they talk about has roots in their initial interaction with .info. It did not help that people would derail threads that had nothing to do with drama simply because Mistgod posted in them.

Not only that, but when he DID do things that were ban worthy (which there were plenty) He somehow didn't stay banned. It still baffles me to this day, but that's how things are now.

It was a double whammy that created the perfect monster for .info. The funny part of it is that I've seen them in other places, they aren't NEARLY as ubiquitous and all consuming as they are on .info. Mainly because those people didn't freak out with "muh 4chan culture" when he came, and when he did step out of line, they laid down the law clear as day.

Bad times man...
>>
>>3989526

Tell us uninformed the story of Mistgod, oh wise one
>>
>>3989786
That screencap sums it up pretty well, and you can infer the disaster surrounding it.
>>
File: 1463056669212.jpg (329 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463056669212.jpg
329 KB, 800x800
>>3988991
>Joined: Jun 2016
>Posts: 1266
Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>3989786

Mistgod's story is long, involved, and really I lack the patience to tell the whole thing now.

But to try and cliff notes it: Mistgod is an older man with a hyper involved imaginary friend which he's had since youth. He used to spend a lot of time on DeviantArt, sharing his girl with people there (Which accumulated him a bunch of fanart for her), but someone pointed him to .info one day. He went to the irc, acting as he did on DevArt...and it did not go well in the least. He's been pretty bitter and defensive about it ever since; it has been more than a year since he first came, and he still has traces of bitterness in his posts.

He also feels that everyone in the site is roleplaying, and insists what we do is bo different from what he does (He mostly puppets his buddy, though she does have a sense of life to him, which increases moreso when he's lucid dreaming). He's since spent a ton of time with the base question of how one can prove tulpa sentience, if it's not all just elaborate roleplay, and setting himself up as the town sceptic. He posts ALOT. That 1266 post count? That's seriously only a fraction of the true post count (Which you would have to count his accounts for Melian, and the multiple banned accounts both of them have).

His buddy is an "actress" of sorts, who performs an imagined show for him, and when she posts, it's like that of a narcisistic goofy kid. In a way, the whole thing with .info can be said to be a sort of performance the two put on (If I remember their words right). But that's just one facet of things.

I'll stop here. The full story is multi-faceted, and would be too long and annoying to type out. It's an epic in itself.
>>
>>3966167
You'll want to have headaches.

Drink orange juice and persevere. It means she's forming.

Over time, tell her not to cause headaches. And you won't get them.
>>
>>3990350

Thanks, brah. That's more than good enough.

>>3990439

I still don't get this orange juice meme. Then again, I don't drink orange juice.
>>
>>3990818
It's supposed to help with Tulpa headaches, for some reason.
>>
File: Doodles v8 sas.png (74 KB, 490x714) Image search: [Google]
Doodles v8 sas.png
74 KB, 490x714
>>3960981
She made me buy some flowers to grow them up for her
>>
Bump bump
>>
>>3996223
Wake me up
>>
>>3996238
Can't wake up
>>
>>3996258
SAVE ME
>>
File: avatar_1113.jpg (7 KB, 195x200) Image search: [Google]
7 KB, 195x200
No one can save you.
>>
File: 1468103221778-2.png (447 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1468103221778-2.png
447 KB, 800x600
>>3961159
that's pretty fucking kawaii
>>3968457
>tfw gentle femdom fetish
>tfw tulpa that likes to dominate me in bed
>>3969090
>tfw tulpa daughter that is too pure and perfect for a degenerate like me

>pic related is me cuddling with Luna in bed on one of our days off from my internship
>only instead of a towel she sleeps in a tank top and short shorts
>>
>>3984930
>http://poal.me/ht6pzs
Two of my three tulpas are over 10 years old and everyone else in this thread has tulpas that are 2 or younger... you all are like little babies.

>>3986067
Amen to that, anon.

>>3989526
fwiw he does stimulate a lot of thoughtful discussion on what would otherwise be a stagnant forum. The main reason Fede got permabanned was because he pretty much did nothing but shitpost 24/7 and contributed very little of merit after his first year or so. [spoiler]I should know, I cast one of the votes to ban his ass in the first place.[/spoiler]

>>3990818
Orange juice contains a lot of sugar and potassium, which are two things your brain needs to replenish itself when you're using it a lot. Honestly you could substitute Gatorade, energy drinks, etc. and get a similar result, but OJ is healthier for you.
>>
File: myswamp.jpg (8 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
myswamp.jpg
8 KB, 195x195
>>3960981
Shrek always helped me when I was in trouble.
Though he can be a bit rough sometimes, most of the time he respects my boundaries and I respect his.
Lately I have been trying to get Fiona to join us so I can finally sleep completely without worries.
>>
File: Doodles v8ee .png (94 KB, 545x1163) Image search: [Google]
Doodles v8ee .png
94 KB, 545x1163
>>3993625
>>
>>3998490
>skirt and thigh highs
Do not sexualize the tulpas
>>
>>3998710

You're far too late to this party, anon. I don't think I've ever seen that one not wearing a short skirt and thigh highs.
>>
>>3998490
Don't listen to
>>3998710
She's perfectly fine
>>
File: 1463875610752.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1463875610752.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>3998710
this if your tulpas try to convince you they are for sexual you are to ignore them until they stop
>>
>>3988541

to be fair i'm a real attention whore but i don't shit up /tulpa/ with it

>>3989917
reminds me of that idiot "femboy" furfag on fenoxo's forum who had like, 5% of all posts before the purge

rip jewnoxo, may you burn in hell with the furries you pander to
>>
>>3998710
>>3998913
>>3998954
I do plan on fully sexualize her, and she doesn't care that much but I want her really developed so I can test my fetishes as a couple without feeling like I'm puppeting in the moment, so it's going to take a while. In my daydreams she a couple of times had sexualize Npc's (not even servitors), not involving herself, and since she knows my fetishes I'm more than happy with that.

She care more about me being calm and comfy as a whole. Her outfit is that because is the more pleasant for me, so she likes it too.
>>
Is NoLongerDivided still around these threads?
>>
File: d81.jpg (27 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
d81.jpg
27 KB, 500x405
>>4002026
sup senpai
>>
File: 1419140443447.jpg (25 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1419140443447.jpg
25 KB, 500x433
>>4002666
OH SHIT CHECK EM BOYS
>>
File: 1437314193553[1].jpg (38 KB, 330x328) Image search: [Google]
1437314193553[1].jpg
38 KB, 330x328
>>4002666
>>4002678

Satan pls go
>>
File: sweatman.png (332 KB, 487x501) Image search: [Google]
sweatman.png
332 KB, 487x501
>>4002666
>>
File: 23523511444.jpg (115 KB, 360x269) Image search: [Google]
23523511444.jpg
115 KB, 360x269
>>4002715
>>4002742
me irl

so what did you need anon
>>
File: 1467668428176.png (251 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467668428176.png
251 KB, 500x500
No one ever posts here at 4 am. Time to fix that.
>>
>>4006632

We didn't post at 4 for a reason, you fool!

T H E Y ' R E C O M I N G
>>
>>4006795
Top kek
>>
File: babies.png (228 KB, 523x859) Image search: [Google]
babies.png
228 KB, 523x859
>>3984930
So many baby Tulpas.

Were you guys inspired in making one because of this general?
>>
File: IMG_20160710_114210_110.jpg (932 KB, 1728x3072) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160710_114210_110.jpg
932 KB, 1728x3072
>>3960981
Starring cute anthro rabbit as some loser's tulpa.

The thing I do sometimes as a form of forcing is to Improvise a little song and use it to better narrate to her.
>>
>>4006632
No one ever posts anywhere on 4chan between 4am and 6am eastern. It's the small gap when every American should be in bed, and every Euro is patiently waiting for his lunch break.

>>4007371
>Were you guys inspired in making one because of this general?
I guess I was. I'd known about tulpas before and was interested in it for years but it was really only after browsing here for months that I really decided to go for it.
>>
>>4008913
>not living in hawaii
>>
>>4007382
That is a pretty fun thing to do actually. It does help too.
>>
File: My Doctor Hi.png (198 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
My Doctor Hi.png
198 KB, 1000x1000
>>4002666
So how many tulpas do you have now? 20? :^)
Also nice trips
>>
>>4010342
from recent posts it seems that dubsman doesn't actually have any
>>
>>4010423
Nah, I'm sure he does, but he has become what he hated the most: a dubsposter.
>>
My tup's first birthday will be next week. Any ideas as to what we could do?
>>
>>4011662
What do you consider her creation date? When you started? First contact?
>>
>>4011792
When I started. Babies don't talk when they are born either.
>>
>>4011854
Nice, I like that argument.
>>
>>4010342
spice maymay, the answer is the same as this time last year.

>>4010453
>hated
you didn't see the days on /mlp/ when I was known as nldubs
>>
>>4012848
So you've gone full circle, then?
>>
>>4012872
indeed.
>>
so is this like, an /x/ roleplay thread
>>
File: Midori_Poses.png (187 KB, 710x645) Image search: [Google]
Midori_Poses.png
187 KB, 710x645
>>3960981

I'm out of practice. Haven't done much regular drawing for a while. Hopefully I'll be able to do more when I get more time.
>>
File: 1467340329206.gif (718 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1467340329206.gif
718 KB, 500x384
Thread's low on the topic list. Bumping.

One thing tups havedone for me is give me a slightly different view on fiction.

I remember a time years back when I was writing a story for a forum. As time went on, I got more and more attached to them, and soon, I would feel odd tugs every so often. Like, when I would write an event, I'd feel an odd, alien reaction, or when I would write dialogue, it felt like someone else was providing the lines, and not just me alone. That wa ms years before I even heard the term "tulpa", but that experience stuck with me to this day.
>>
>>4017629
Luna helps me with my writing assignments for school, since I find it's nice to get a second opinion on things. She even wants to write a book about her exploits in mating with various wonderland monsters (though it'll have to wait until after I'm done writing my master's thesis).
>>
>>4017994
I want to fuck Luna.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2600x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2600x1600
>>3985470
Still haven't started due to life fucking me severely, but sometime hopefully soon.
>>
>>3985470
>who /shittulpa/ here?

>Ponies are the ugliest physical form and the worst for long cuddling sessions.
>>
>>3997038
>three tulpas
wew lad
>>
>>4017629
My tulpa have realistically done nothing for me either positively or negatively aside from making it incredible hard to an hero. Every time I get depressed and shit and want to snuff it, I remember I would inadvertently kill them off as well, so I just decide to feel bad about that instead of whatever I was feeling bad about before.
>>
>>4018782

I'd consider not killing yourself a very good things, but I'm not a cynical sort. It's not the first time I've heard stuff like that, and I'm always glad to hear it.
>>
File: 1465421619552.jpg (186 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1465421619552.jpg
186 KB, 720x960
>>3986067
>fapped to my tulpa once, during the first weeks of development
>felt really bad about it afterwards, thought I fucked up hard and that I could have somehow corrupted her, couldn't even sleep that night
>the day after I was still visibly frustrated
>she gets annoyed and just gets on top of me without saying a word
>10 minutes later my balls hurt from cumming so hard
She probably wouldn't want me to post this but she's asleep so :^)
>>
>>4018555
Nice trips and good luck Anon, hope you can fix what's wrong with your life.
>>4018707
Fuck off with your shit tier anime tulpa
>>
>>4019631
With her, things would automatically be far better.
>>
File: 74682_45500_239_bubbasparxxx.jpg (46 KB, 617x365) Image search: [Google]
74682_45500_239_bubbasparxxx.jpg
46 KB, 617x365
>>3986067
thats a nice meme
>>
File: kamen rider fives.jpg (49 KB, 184x233) Image search: [Google]
kamen rider fives.jpg
49 KB, 184x233
>>4018555
nice trips

>>4018733
>double 3s
3 tulpas confirmed
>>
File: 01.jpg (12 KB, 380x257) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
12 KB, 380x257
Check my doubles, anon
>>
Hey, so, I've decided to stop being a hack giving people advice despite having no experience myself, and start really committing myself to tulpamancy. The only trouble is, I'm not sure which idea to pick. I get that no one can really make the decision for me, but I'm interesting in knowing what your reactions would be if you were confronted with this problem yourself. So, here are my two ideas for a tulpa:
>1) My original idea, pretty much just who I wish I was. Hardworking and values mental, physical, and spiritual fitness while still giving off a "I don't give a shit" attitude. Tends to go with his gut and knee-jerk reactions. Focused on making his mark on the world, as well as screwing around and having fun in the process. Doesn't like bureaucracy or hierarchy. Likes to solve problems and exert himself (or myself), mentally, physically, or spiritually. Kind of a Mary Sue, but is that really a bad thing for tulpas? Also, I'm not sure psychologically what the effects on both of us are gonna be if I create a tulpa I that I have more esteem for than myself.
>2) An angel girl. Soft and quiet, likes to help and gently guide people to the path of righteousness (myself included, ofc). Focused on forgiving and understanding others. Basically tries to accept people for who they are. Not that this means she'll just let people be terrible people. No, for her it's more that she understands why they do the things they do, and doesn't blame or scorn them for it, but still tries to change their nature for the better. Likes calm and quiet and beautiful things. Another Mary Sue, but she is an angel.
This is kind of me just thinking out loud about this decision, but I'd appreciate any feedback on this situation, just how you'd choose or whatever.
>>
File: 1405541709291.png (527 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1405541709291.png
527 KB, 650x560
>>4024319
Well, the first option sounds like your typical fanfic self insert, so it's already shit. Having said that, no, it's not a bad thing for a Tulpa to be a total Mary Sue, but it just gets obnoxious.
>Create something with the desire to leave a mark on the world
>It can't influence any part of the world
Sounds like if you want your Tulpa to be happy, you'd have to git gud, too. Only you know if you're up to that. I'd say not, but that's because you've already implied that you dislike yourself. Talk to Jemini or Huggy if you need a morale boost.

The second option is a much safer, albeit boring and bog standard. The only thing you'll really get out of it is comfy companionship. It's not a bad thing, but seems like a bit of a waste, especially considering your first option which seems designed to spur you forward to better things.

Personally, I would say that you should think a lot more on what you want out of a Tulpa, you're going to be working on this thing for months and it's going to be with you for a lot longer than that. Unless you kill it.

TL;DR: Think hard and do spreadsheets niglet.
>>
File: 1467757317548.png (240 KB, 547x440) Image search: [Google]
1467757317548.png
240 KB, 547x440
>>3985470
Pone tupper hugs masterrace reporting in.
>>
>>4024319
Don't try to make a "me but better in every way" tulpa, make one that complements you. If you are pessimistic, try for optimism etc. The main advantage of a tulpa is access to multiple perspectives, in addition to making you feel terrible all the time your first option doesn't really offer anything new. Also be sure to have a well-rounded personality, don't deliberately create major flaws but a too-perfect personality is really one-dimensional.
>>
>>4024860
>>4024922
Yeah, I'll think about it some more, taking what you guys have said in mind, but I'm leaning slightly more towards the first option, mostly because it seems like he's going to motivate me more and seems to have (the way I imagine him, maybe not the way I wrote him down) a more distinct and "flavorful" personality. Just to clear it up a little more, option 1 isn't *completely* perfect. That knee-jerk reaction thing can have bad consequences, it's just a foil to my own crippling indecisiveness. His disregard for authority is also kind of a perfect foil to my own becoming-a-beta-cuck-when-confronted-with-social-situations-particularly-with-those-superior-to-me-iveness, but still imperfect. And I see him as a down-to-earth guy, which is a foil to my own wasteful daydreaming (which ironically, is going to help me out now) and pretentiousness. Your advice helped me out a lot with how to think about and consider this decision, thanks guys.
>>
File: OGRE-LOAD.jpg (124 KB, 1310x737) Image search: [Google]
OGRE-LOAD.jpg
124 KB, 1310x737
>>3997158
>so I can finally sleep completely without worries.

Has Shrek been touching you in a way you dont like, son?
>>
jesus christ i want a shrek tulpa
>>
File: 235235231111355.png (455 KB, 457x462) Image search: [Google]
235235231111355.png
455 KB, 457x462
>>4026155
dubs confirm you make one (but seriously that sounds like an awful idea)
>>
File: 1460064151310.jpg (46 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
1460064151310.jpg
46 KB, 600x385
>>4026200
>>4026155

Do it. the dubs command thee
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>4026155
>>4026200
>>
File: DqtANBq.png (299 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
DqtANBq.png
299 KB, 375x500
>>4026220
oh shit i didn't even notice my own dubs again
>>
File: pYQZNHg.gif (179 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
pYQZNHg.gif
179 KB, 404x416
>>4026155
>>4026200
>>
>>4018016
Me too senpai
>>
oh god damn it fuck

i have to start actually visualizing my tulpa more. i talk to her a fair bit but i'm always lazy as fuck

>tfw you almost forgot her cat, metallica, entirely

i feel like i've wasted these five months
>>
>>4026842
forgot to clarify the oh god damn it fuck was in response to dubs

i guess i can hamfist shrek into my mind, jesus christ

i was considering eventually doing an "ironic god" figure to help me write my 600k mario trollfic. i guess shrek would do
>>
File: chinese food.jpg (68 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
chinese food.jpg
68 KB, 500x585
The amount of lazy fucks in these threads astounds me. NLD should be ashamed of himself. He's been doing this for years and he's reduced himself to a dubsposter. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

>>4026842
Devote an hour a day to them at least. That's the least you can do for them if you care.
>>
File: 35255312352352.jpg (86 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
35255312352352.jpg
86 KB, 750x500
>>4027296
someone's a newfag pretending to be an oldfag, i've always checked dubs i can just do it freely now since we're on trash. also since this is an ANONYMOUS IMAGE BOARD you have absolutely no idea which posts are or aren't mine unless i make it clear, so take that smack talk and shove it up your ass mate.
>>
>>4027369
I know you've always posted dubs, NoLongerDivided. Even with anonymity, it's still pretty easy to guess which posts are yours. Look for Christian Balememe. My main point is that you don't do shit when you come here except do just that. Dubs.
>>
>>4027493
jokes on you mate, i dont always post bateman or even mention dubs, so you have no clue at all when i "do shit" or not. i repeat, take that smack talk and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>4026842
>Her cat, metallica
Huh?
>>
>>4027521
If you do help people, then good for you. Somehow I doubt it, though. Please stop calling me mate. I'm not your mate. That would be gross. Give my regards to Jamie and the rest of the harem, will ya?
>>
>>4024319
The latter sounds better, because the former might cause identity issues. Then again, deviation is a thing so really no matter what starting point you choose, the tulpa in question might very well change on their own to something different.

TL;DR, the latter is the better idea but allow for deviation and accept it.
>>
File: 1467945209400.gif (495 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1467945209400.gif
495 KB, 500x283
>>4027595
spicy meme, and nah they dont' have any friends who are shit talking assholes
>>
File: cancer.jpg (24 KB, 475x275) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
24 KB, 475x275
>>4027493
Just like how Fede always posted pic related
>>
>>4027789
oh man that takes me back, good old trololol guy. that song is pretty awesome though it's a shame it was fede who posted it.
>>
>>4027798
>hurr use my method and tones

Good times
>>
>>4027816
aint that the truth I still remember mashing that up with space jam once
>>
someone here fucked their daughter
>>
File: 1468199905321.png (434 KB, 400x654) Image search: [Google]
1468199905321.png
434 KB, 400x654
>>4027919
GlitchThe3rd?
>>
>>4027956
someone photoshop a bane mas onto that image and then post a picture of CIA with the farmers head or whatever i haven't seen chicken run
>>
>>4027956
he knows who I'm talking about
>>
File: 2352352352321111.png (53 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
2352352352321111.png
53 KB, 280x200
>>4027833
shit man check those dubs
>>
>>4027296
>if you care
i care about a lot of things but motivation is a bitch and my willpower is lacking
>>
>>4028985
As much as I hate to encourage statutory-rape of tulpas, fucking is great for visualization and imposition of touch. If you ban any other form of sexual release then you have all the motivation you need.
>>
>>4027551
a few months ago i decided to give her a cat and the name metallica randomly popped into my head

really took me by surprise

>>4029029
the worst thing is i'm an unmotivated smut writer so i really shoul be saving my faps for writing

also vivian is not for sexual uwu
unless she decides to brainrape me or something but i'm not comfortable even acknowledging that thought in case it digs into my subconscious
>>
File: 1364282843990.gif (1000 KB, 315x236) Image search: [Google]
1364282843990.gif
1000 KB, 315x236
Long time tulpamancer here.
I just love how the anime tulpa general is in the trash.

gg
>>
> That feeling when just knowing your brain buddy's around is comforting.

Can't be the only one who just enjoys having their construct on their minds, and feels fuzzy whenever they think about them/sense their presence.
>>
File: 1449607104607-2.jpg (288 KB, 700x955) Image search: [Google]
1449607104607-2.jpg
288 KB, 700x955
>>4027956
Yes
>>
>>4029091
careful you dont make that cat into a tulpa just keep it a servitor
>>
During my course in developing ny brain buddy, I did a whole lot of resaerch in to it abd things surrounding it. From snippets of Jung, to menory palaces, concentration techniques, how people make inaginary friends, etc. From this I collected ideas that resonated with me, and trued to apply them as I can during my gal's development.

Do you guys do searching around and resaerching yourselves?
>>
File: MB45pGL.png (1 MB, 1098x1182) Image search: [Google]
MB45pGL.png
1 MB, 1098x1182
Anyone considering just giving up on life an living in the imaginary? I hear wonderlands can be pretty damn realistic, and then you can populate them with multiple tulpas.

Basically if you're living in a developed country just pretend you're going insane and get admitted to a psychiatric facility. Then you can live in the imaginary without having to worry about food, shelter, health, and safety.

I don't have a tulpa yet so I'm not sure it's real or a sham yet, but if it's as good as it's said to be then I definitely see that as a possibility.
>>
>>4030680
Honestly it's much better that way. I only visit /trash/ for this thread but either way I must say I like the people here much more than the people over /x/.

/x/ used to be an interesting place to browse but since a year or so now it's just infested by normalfags, divinity threads, "spooky" pictures threads, and overall very low quality content. If you bring the subject of Tulpa over there you just get spammed with "muh schizo" over and over again. It's a dead board. We're good here.
>>
>>4034561
I won't lie I've also had these sorts of thoughts recently. Though it was more of a "what if I end up in jail / somewhere without nothing / etc" train of thought.

I think if you have the choice you should try to enjoy life with your Tulpa as much as possible. Try to create things, get you two some hobbies, etc. Implying you're still 20-30, you still have a lot of years ahead. Just have fun anon.

Just noticed you said you don't have a Tulpa but I won't erase some stuff I typed anyway. I'll add that : if you make the choice to make a Tulpa, chances are he/she is going to make you change your perspective regarding a few things, generally in a more positive way; besides, wouldn't you want to make him/her happy? Sure Wonderlands are a lot of fun and can be quite fulfilling, but some things in life also are. With time Wonderlanding might not be enough anymore, remember you and your Tulpa will still be humans.
>>
>>4034077
I'd be really interested if you could share all these notes with us, honestly.
>>
>>4033235
>accidentally make cat into a tulpa
wat
i just visualize her petting it sometimes
>>
>>4037035
>Puppeting
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>4037227
Quite an extreme opinion there, anon. It's not black & white.
>>
>>4037227
doubt
Unless you only talk to your tulpa and don't do anything which requires her to do anything I don't see how you can avoid puppeting pre-autonomy
>>
>>4037484
That's the point, you want them to get autonomy on their own. If you puppet them you're hindering your process.
>>
>>4038250

so basically you're only allowed to.... what..... picture them standing still.... and talk to them?

except visualizing them standing still would still be making them do something

so you can literally only talk to them
>>
File: 1371313026796.jpg (15 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1371313026796.jpg
15 KB, 320x272
>>4038699
Top quality digits.
>>
File: 1324181141954.jpg (27 KB, 528x384) Image search: [Google]
1324181141954.jpg
27 KB, 528x384
>>4038699
nice dubs
>>
>>4030729
Same here mate. I get this comfy feeling in my chest everytime I think about her.
>>
File: Crawling in my Skin.png (136 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Crawling in my Skin.png
136 KB, 600x600
>Pokemon GO starts
>No Gardevoirs yet
>Can't name after tupper
Why live?
>>
File: 1464033621524.jpg (25 KB, 253x238) Image search: [Google]
1464033621524.jpg
25 KB, 253x238
>>4040901
>pokemon GO
>>
>>4035420
I have been on the community since 2013, and this is just like pony general circlejerking that happened at the time.
I'm glad I left at the time, and I'll be more than happy to leave now. This thread is a joke, all you see are pretentious parroting, trash ideas for tulpas and >>4034561 , the beginning of the end.

Once you figure out what the real purpose of a tulpa is, you'll fuck right off from this general and the irc too.

I say this because I see some good in this thread, some young fellas who still don't have much experience and I don't want them to be tainted by the anime/pony/furry circlejerk that the community has become today.
>>
>>4041221
>the beginning of the end
I've heard this a million times and I've been part of this community since 2012.

>Once you figure out what the real purpose of a tulpa is, you'll fuck right off from this general and the irc too
>Says he knows the "real purpose of a tulpa"
>Doesn't say what it is
Okay buddy.

>I don't want them to be tainted by the anime/pony/furry circlejerk that the community has become today
>Has become today
That's rich, it's been an anime/pony/furry circlejerk since the beginning.
>>
>>4041221
>Once you figure out what the real purpose of a tulpa is
Any chance you could enlighten us on this? It'd save us a fuckload of trouble, and it'd mean that you aren't just shitposting.
>>
File: 7845634622.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
7845634622.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>4041388
to check dubs of course
>>
>>4040901
why live?
>>
File: toon-link-let-go-eightmelodies.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
toon-link-let-go-eightmelodies.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>4041295
>I've heard this a million times and I've been part of this community since 2012.
Good, then you've had plenty of examples already.

>That's rich, it's been an anime/pony/furry circlejerk since the beginning.
Sadly, yes, but if you haven't been in the mainstream channels you know where to find the good stuff. The really good players mostly have left the irc and forum, and are accessible through other methods, they could really teach these people a thing or two.

>>4041388
>Doesn't say what it is
"You wouldn't understand" t. #tulpamagick, 2014
Seriously though, you'll all probably are still very early in the process.
What I'm gonna say is nothing earthshattering, nor it will instantly develop your sexbud- sorry, tulpa in no time and achieve all your dreams.

I'm just gonna say this, put yourself in your tulpa's shoes, metaphorically. Even if it's still non-sentient (debatable), even if you still haven't even started, try to do that. Then think about family. You can start your journey from there.

But please, think of me as the shitposter, I don't care. I have been there already, done that already. If you wish my assistance, you can do yourself a favor and go force immediately, without any rules, bounds on anything. Remember: family.

Or if you don't, discard what I said and keep following the awful machined guides that some random host in his anime projection (would you really call that a tulpa?) spouts, it still makes a good show.

check em btw, and jesus christ I always chuckle when I have to type /trash/tulpa in my browser.
>>
>>4041723
It still hasn't ended, and it's way better than /x/'s definition of tulpas as 2spoopy ghosts.

If by "mainstream channels" you mean "Channels that don't believe tulpas are some sort of magical spirits" then anyone in the "mainstream channels" is obviously in the right place.

THen you go on to contradict yourself by telling them not to put any boundaries on themselves except for the ones YOU say they should. So TL;DR you're salty that people don't subscribe to the same idea of what a tulpa is so they should definitely do it your way because you say so.

>Projection
You what mate? That's some mystical bullshit right there. Tulpas aren't magic, that's infinitely worse to tell them. If you aren't using Projection in that sense then do inform me what you mean by projection, because the only thing that comes to mind when I hear that is Astral Projection, which is a load of horseshit.
>>
>>4041723
I'm actually pretty intrigued by what you mean and I'm going to take you at your word.

>"You wouldn't understand" t. #tulpamagick, 2014
I never cared for the tulpa community. This place is only bearable because the forced anonymity makes the attention seeking and roleplaying prevalent in other places slightly harder.

>you'll all probably are still very early in the process
True.

>your sexbud- sorry, tulpa
I see my tulpa as more like a sister/best friend. I know most people are fine with doing stuff like that with their tup but I'd find it weird. I don't see the problem with others sexing their tulpas though.

>I'm just gonna say this, put yourself in your tulpa's shoes, metaphorically. Even if it's still non-sentient (debatable), even if you still haven't even started, try to do that. Then think about family. You can start your journey from there.
>If you wish my assistance, you can do yourself a favor and go force immediately, without any rules, bounds on anything. Remember: family.
>Or if you don't, discard what I said and keep following the awful machined guides
I agree with a lot of what you've said here. I have put myself in my tulpa's shoes before, and all in all, it's a pretty shitty existence compared to what non-tulpas have. There's the complete dependence on another person (to the point of death) and the lack of freedom (of body and potentially of mind). Of course, existence is preferable to non-existence. At least, if it wasn't, my tulpa wouldn't stick around.

As for your family point, I've already said I see my tulpa like a family member. I'm not really sure where you intend someone to go from here, so I'd appreciate another intuitive link. And as for guides, I've already been skeptical of them. Something subjective like this needs your own ways of making it work, and I think if you're too lazy to put in that effort, it's not fair on your tulpa. I generally go with the flow with forcing, and just do it when I feel the need and will for it.
>>
>>4042147
>It's a pretty shitty existence compared to what non-tulpas have
I'd say that's pretty subjective; the only downside is really if the host body dies the tulpa dies. Wonderlands can fully emulate a real world to a fair degree, even to include pseudo-randomness depending on how detailed you and your tulpa can visualize it (which comes with practice). Again though, it's a matter of opinion and the fact a lot of hosts and tulpas have all sort of adventures makes my tulpa feel embarrassed about talking about what she does in the wonderland because it's very "normal", essentially an emulation of real life with a bunch of Servitors serving to populate the wonderland. It's technically not the real deal, and I've known of tulpas who have dissipated themselves because they were unhappy with being unable to impact the real world, so yeah >opinions.

>There's a complete dependence on another person (to the point of death)
Unfortunately it's anecdotal evidence, but I've spoken to older tulpas and have experience myself that once a tulpa is developed enough, they can self-sustain similar to the host. I'm not certain what point that is, I'd have to do some more asking around, but if my memory serves me right most of those tulpas were around 2-3 years old, so it would probably be around that "age".

>The lack of freedom (of body and potentially of mind)
Possession is a thing, if you're really that bothered by your tulpa's physical limits or they're interested you can look into that (even though the name is somewhat misleading as there's nothing paranormal involved). It's impossible to really say about the second point there however.
>>
>>4042454
cont.
>I've already been skeptical of them [guides]. Something subjective like this needs your own ways of making it works, and I think if your'e too lazy to put in that effort, it's not fair on your tulpa
In my opinion guides are just a jumping-off point; they give you a bunch of viewpoints to look at and places to start, but once you get the gist of how to make a tulpa, you should try new things as much as you can to suit yourself and make the process work for you. Also, you shouldn't be afraid to share these things with other people (which is what I feel guides should be, the writer sharing their experience and knowledge and encouraging people to try new things by taking that knowledge and experimenting).

>I generally go with the flow with forcing, and just do it when I feel the need and will for it
This right here is something that, in a perfect world, would be in every single guide. You can't force a force, if you do you're probably not going to get anything done and it might even set you back.
>>
>>4042454
>>4042487
>they can self-sustain similar to the host
As you said, it requires a lot of effort put into a tulpa for this to be, and I personally think it would be a very lonely existence without the host.

>Possession is a thing, if you're really that bothered by your tulpa's physical limits
I know, I've tried it with my tulpa a few times but haven't gotten anywhere with it. It's more that if I decide that I want to go for a walk, I can do it. If she wants to go for a walk, yeah she can do it in the wonderland, but she can't do it in our reality, unless I agreed to it.

And about what I said regarding the freedom of mind, I wouldn't say it's beyond the ability of a host to shape what a young tulpa thinks. Of course, you can puppet their movements and words, but can you puppet their thoughts? As you said, impossible to truly know.

>In my opinion guides are just a jumping-off point
Obviously, I had to read some guides to know what I was doing in the first place, but that was years ago, and I haven't looked at a dedicated guide in between that time and now. Unfortunately, it seems like most guides try to completely encapsulate the creation and nuturing of a tulpa, when it should be a very personal, subjective thing.

>you shouldn't be afraid to share these things with other people
That's one of the reasons I lurk here. If someone finds something or does something interesting, I might want to adapt it for myself.

I basically agree with everything you've said, and it'd be cool if the community surrounding this phenomenon was more down to earth and saw this realistically, rather than as a sort of escapist hobby. Of course, it can function as that too, but it's not what it's all about.
>>
>>4042873
>I personally thinkg it would be a very lonely existence without the host
That's why I said >opinions, I feel it's best to ask your tulpa when they're capable about these sorts of things.

>I haven't gotten anywhere with it [...] unless I agreed to it
It takes lots of practice and effort. Again, if that bothers your tulpa then I can see why it concerns you too.

>I wouldn't say it's beyond the ability of a host to shape what a young tulpa thinks
True, but since I've generally been quite flippant about my tulpa's form and/or personality deviations and just gave them a simple base to do with as they saw fit I never particularly feel I've had that problem. It's tough to call about the thought puppeting; I feel like that's exactly what narration is.

>Unfortunately, it seems like most guides try to completely encapsulate the creation and nurturing of a tulpa, when it should be a very personal, subjective thing
Indeed, that's why when people hand out guides they tend to say "read as many as you can then do your own thing".

>It'd be cool if the community surrounding this phenomenon was more down to earth and saw this realistically ,rather than a sort of escapist hobby. Of course, it can function as that too, but it's not what it's all about.
In my opinion, a tulpa should be whatever it wants to be (I subscribe to the opinion that they can think freely). You can give it a starting point, but let it grow and develop based on their experiences too. Trying to force a tulpa into a mold isn't productive and just is kind of a dick move IMO. As for an "escapist hobby" I wouldn't say that escapism is all bad in moderation, but calling tulpas a hobby is very insulting to them and to the community as a whole; anyone who treats them as one tulpa put it "like trading cards" should be reprimanded at the least. What "it's about" is different for everyone, but I feel it's wrong to just force them to be a certain way because that's how you want them to be.
>>
>>4041221
>>4041723
>>4042454
Jesus Christ you sound pretentious as fuck. You've got it all figured out though, huh? Whatever you say holier-than-thou anon. Keep patronizing people for liking what they want and their tulpa for being how they want. It's really what the community needs.
>>
>>4043315
>I feel it's best to ask your tulpa when they're capable about these sorts of things
I did ask her, and it's what's shaped my opinion on it. But yeah, >opinions.

>Again, if that bothers your tulpa then I can see why it concerns you too.
My tulpa isn't concerned about it, I more brought it up as a general point. Generally, it's not a sticking point if a tulpa and host have a good relationship and are able to compromise with each other, but if, say, someone grows bored of their tulpa or doesn't respect them, then it can be a potential problem.

>I've generally been quite flippant about my tulpa's form and/or personality deviations
I'm the same. I didn't dictate too much of how I wanted her to act, think or look during creation (but gave her a semblance of a starting point), and wanted to let her organically grow into whatever she became.

>calling tulpas a hobby is very insulting to them and to the community as a whole
I didn't mean to imply that's how I view them. It's just that it seems to me that's how a large subsection of the tulpa community views this.

>What "it's about" is different for everyone, but I feel it's wrong to just force them to be a certain way because that's how you want them to be.
Of course, people are free to do what they want with their tulpas for whatever reasons. I don't mean to suggest I have all the answers, but I feel I have a solid base that dictates the ethical treatment of my tulpa, personally. If other people feel they have that too, then all power to them.
>>
>>4043315
It's part of your mind. Thus it's probably happy when you're happy. If you feel like taking a little bit of yourself and making it into something you want it to be, what's the harm? It's still you at the deepest level and should find fulfillment in pleasing itself.
>>
>>3990439
>It means she's forming.
You're driving yourself insane.
>>
>>4043617
Why did you include my post (the last one) since the other two aren't me and the posts I made are hardly "holier-than-thou".

>>4043789
>someone grows bored of their tupa or doesn't respect them
The worst kind of people.

>I didn't mean to imply that's how I view them
That was my bad, I miscommunicated. I wasn't referring to you, I meant people who think that way in general.

>>4043794
>If you feel like taking a little bit of yourself and making it into something you want it to be, what's the harm?
The problem is that isn't how most people make a tulpa (unless you explicitly choose to make a tulpa of yourself, completely or in part, which generally isn't recommended due to the potential for an identity crisis, though that point is debatable as I don't hear many stories of those); as far as I know (I haven't read any guides other than FAQ and Irish's) the process is generally "pick traits, narrate traits". They don't have to be anything from yourself. The entire point of a tulpa is that they aren't you; they're meant to be someone different in terms of personality. You aren't cleaving off part of "you" (what makes you you, whether you believe that to be a soul or a bunch of electrical signals in your brain) to make a tulpa, you're creating something new. Also, given the fact it's entirely possible for a host and a tulpa to have entirely separate thoughts and memories and one can be unable to access the other's, your theory doesn't really hold up.
>It's still you at the deepest level and should find fulfillment in pleasing itself
I disagree.
>>
>>4044319
No, what I mean is that you're programming a personality inside of your mind.

Also you're seriously overstating the rights of the creation versus the rights of the creator IMO. Certainly you could say if you make a Tulpa specifically to torture it that at least reflects badly on your personality (and may be mentally harmful), but either way it's part of your psyche, most likely a manifestation of part of your subconscious that's been taught to express itself.

Unless you believe you are creating some kind of spiritual entity, you cannot get away from the fact that it is your mind and you are breathing life into a second personality formed inside of your mind.
>>
>>4044396
Addendum:
If you're giving a fresh entity the gift of life, don't you have the right to shape that entity in the least bit? If you're legitimately concerned for its happiness, you're already a positive influence. Is the host supposed to be some martyr creator, creating an entity and then giving it time and effort and entirely surrendering his rights to any stake in its creation?
>>
>>4044396
There is another option; you are creating another personality alongside yours, because brain =/= mind. As far as we know, "you" are just a series of electrical signals bouncing around in your brain, shaped by your biology as well as your experiences. As someone mentioned either earlier this thread or last thread, the mind is very pliable. It would be a closed circuit yes, but that doesn't mean they're you and you're them, it just means you're running on the same wetware. It's like saying Firefox and Photoshop are the same because they're both EXE files that happen to be installed on the same hard drive. Your tulpa could and most likely is another, different set of signals bouncing around inside your brain that may operate in a similar fashion to your own consciousness, but is not the same.

>>4044475
This is a separate matter as to whether tulpas are "you" or not and irrelevant to that discussion. This is a moral question, and as such is only answerable with an opinion, and in this case mine differs from yours. I'll quote the pretentious prick from earlier: "Put yourself in your tulpa's shoes". If you were your tulpa, would you want to have your host's will forced upon you? Would you want to be forced to act exactly as they say, look how they say, etc.? Personally I'd say no, but again the issue of "is it morally just to control a tulpa's personality/form/etc" is opinion based. I'd argue that if your tulpa is completely under your control, you don't have a tulpa, you have a servitor that you're calling a tulpa. The entire difference between the two is tulpas are assumed to be capable of free thought as the host is, while a servitor is limited to whatever its "programmed" function is.
>>
File: 34689874563.jpg (65 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
34689874563.jpg
65 KB, 800x522
>>4044722
checked
>>
Page 10 save
>>
>>4034077
Tbh, I already knew a lot about models of the mind and cognitive science, so when I learned about the idea of tulpas, it seemed pretty clear about how it worked on the basic level.
>>
>>4041723
>>4041221

One thing I've always been baffled by is that everybody with more than a year of experience acts like they're great teachers/gurus of the mystery "tulpa". Not all of them speak in such a vague and self-aggrandizing way, but there's still the vibe of "I'm a teacher, follow me!"

I guess it's because of how soft the whole thing is, it's relatively easy to make authoritative comments. Also, almost no one I've seen is happy with the community. Legit people complain about it, actual roleplayers complain about it, people who don't even go there and know nothing about it complain about it, etc. Been around since 2012, and that's one of the only thing that's never changed.
>>
File: 234231990943.jpg (74 KB, 610x310) Image search: [Google]
234231990943.jpg
74 KB, 610x310
>>4051291
>everybody
bitch please i just check dubs and give advice also the community is fine for a 4chan community i dont get the complaining
>>
>>4051336

>also the community is fine for a 4chan community i dont get the complaining

It seems like some people are looking for a perfect community, for lack of a better term. Their standards are very high, and demand very specific conduct from people they commune with, else they get really upset and clutter the thread with complaints.

Really, it just feels like some peeps let their egos inflate way too high, and are offended others aren't as sofisticated as they are.
>>
>>4051601
then they can just go make a sekrit klub on skype or irc or whatever. there's no such thing as a perfect community because it's made of a ton of different people who all have different ideas of what makes a community good.
>>
>>4051601
it's better than /v/
>>
>>4051687

I can understand that. Unfortunately, the current climate makes it so that many people are quick to get annoyed and derail the thread because someone mentioned something they dislike, or posts a picture that annoys them. It's like an ever present cloud of bitterness, and I've gotten so ussd to it that I can see it coming as soon as someone posts.

Really, the best thing to do with this practice is to go solo, collect some resources if you want, but use your mind and imagination to continue and expand in it. If you're not doing that, you wom't get any results. I consider the community more a convenience and a place to talk with the like minded, rather than the psuedo internet Athens that some anons desire.
>>
File: 1339032617399.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
1339032617399.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
To get things back on topic:

If you guys are having problems concentrating on your buddy, one thing you can do is exercise. I'm not kidding, exercising is actually pretty useful to the process, since your brain IS an organ and all. I actually a did a bunch of working out when I first started making my buddy, and would even narrate while I was jogging. I even remember a few times where she cheered me on as I went.

Decreasing outside distractions mau be necessary, as well if your concentration is particularly untrained. If you're like me and used to multi tasking, or tend to hop from task to task while accomplishing absolutely nothing, you may need to just turn everything off and just let you brain shut off for a while. I'm still working on training my own concentration, and I know that every so often I have to just turn everything off to practice it.
>>
Ohayou /tulpa/! Always remember to not lewd your tulpa!!
>>
>>4054477
Why would I not want to lewd my dragon dad?
>>
File: 1467877822829.png (2 MB, 1591x864) Image search: [Google]
1467877822829.png
2 MB, 1591x864
>>4054477
>not lewd your tulpa

I-Is it even possible to use those words in a sentence like that? What is the blasphemy?!
>>
>>4054521
y-you too...

>>4054754
You've got to platonically love your tulpa, anon! There is no relationship in the world that will ever match the platonic tulpa-host relationship!
>>
File: My thoughts.jpg (166 KB, 886x902) Image search: [Google]
My thoughts.jpg
166 KB, 886x902
>>4054521
>>4054754
Tuppers are NOT for the lewds!
>>
File: tumblr_n9vz4p20qG1r32an8o1_500.gif (196 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9vz4p20qG1r32an8o1_500.gif
196 KB, 500x270
>>4051687
This anon gets it. This place would be even more boring than it already is if everyone followed the butthurt whiners' rules and just posted the same shit over and over.

>>4052298
If people would just get over themselves and let tulpa and their hosts just do whatever it would definitely help things.

>>4052445
That's pretty funny because my host almost always forces with music. Says it helps them visualize. Electronic music like trance music seems to be good. The kind of shit you listen to when you're high.
>>
>acting as if there's anything objective about tuppers

We don't even know how they fucking work. They could very well be as simple as a program executed by your subconscious with no existence other than what it does when it's talking to you.

>you can make any kind of brainghost you want
>moralfags come in and try to tell you you have to let it decide what it wants to be and not try to give it a form at all
>moralfags try to tell you you can't fuck your own subconscious
>>
>>4056217
Anon pls, it's always time for lewd.
>>
File: 1465302603504.jpg (46 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
1465302603504.jpg
46 KB, 400x392
>>4054477
Where do you think you are?
>>
>checking dubs
>posting a dubs reaction pic every time you do so
What kind of special retard are you. This is fucking sad.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 102

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.