[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>desustorage is down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: 1462542001368.jpg (28 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1462542001368.jpg
28 KB, 500x385
>desustorage is down
>>
Desustorage still exists under a new domain
http://cuckchan.org/

Thread about what happened
http://cuckchan.org/desu/thread/1250/
>>
>>3615160
oh okay
>>
File: Untitled.png (57 KB, 1733x1054) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
57 KB, 1733x1054
>>3615160
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>3616270
Yep

This is why we can't have nice things
>>
First inflatechan, now desu, which one will be next?
>>
oh noess
>>
>>3617081
Inflatechan was fucking bullshit.
I was a mod there and we actually fixed the issue for the most part about 2 weeks before it was killed.

The bots were posting about 12 threads a day, and after we got the final version of the fix in place I only had to manually delete about 1 thread per week.

Actually, it's kinda bullshit that sites can be shutdown, no questions asked, by the registrar, even if the site is taking steps against cp.
>>
>>3616270
>due to CP
>CP
Fucking degenerates.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 498x1493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 498x1493
>>3623822
The usual excuse they make is
>"2D is not 4D"
>>
File: 1465358134440.jpg (133 KB, 1033x884) Image search: [Google]
1465358134440.jpg
133 KB, 1033x884
>>3623822
>>3616270
>>3615160
>>
>>3623766
I got a job as janitor on a small *chan since they needed people to detete CP spammers. We eventually found an effective way to block them (with only mild inconvenience to OP posters). Shit sucks, man.

I know 7chan is still getting the same stuff, but their mods usually delete it pretty fast once reported.
>>
>>3623822
>>3628961
could be bot spam, advertising their sites.
>>
File: 1465420903340.jpg (2 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
1465420903340.jpg
2 KB, 125x117
Is there a compilation of hashes that can be used to defend sites?

If its all bots they should just bounce off a huge list of no-go hashes when they try and push it through.
>>
>>3635444
Here's the situation as far as I know:

>captchas are useless, you can pay people to solve them (first results advertised $0.50 and $1.39 USD per 1000 captchas) and implement that into your bot
>they used different IPs, and IIRC, they might change countries. Maybe not, I forget. Ukraine rings a bell.
I would recommend looking for patterns; bots follow rules. and the ones we got still haven't changed their bot to get through our service once we got them out. Small *chans have this advantage.
Protip: do they only make new threads, or do they reply to existing? It's much easier to control if it's only OP.
>>
>>3635625
>first results advertised $0.50 and $1.39 USD per 1000 captchas

Old fashioned words and numbers capchas I could probably actually have done fast enough to make that worth it but man, fuck the clicky pics bullshit
>>
>>3635344
So does u18ch@n.
They don't get much, but it takes them a while to remove it.

I don't visit u18ch@n for much (Just for IHHAT, Hetty drama, and Dragon's Burn) But I would be really disappointed if they got killed.

>>3635366
On inflatech@n where I modded and several other ch@ns I visit it's a bot.
Actually, it all seems to be the same bot or botnet (It had hundreds of IPs that changed hourly)

>>3635444
It changed the image weekly and all the images it used seemed to have enough compression to bypass any image hash we implemented on inflatech@n
>>
>>3635625
They're all OPs only, with no thread title.
I did find out that they were Ukrainian or Russian in origin, but due to IP randomization that turned out to not be helpful.

>>3635662
Same. I'm actually so good at the picture captchas that I usually have to do two of them...
>>
>>3635681
>So does u18ch@n.
>They don't get much, but it takes them a while to remove it.
Tell me about it. Especially the boards they don't visit. There has been time when CP stayed up for weeks, and /d/ is never without people bitching to mods across multiple threads.
I even asked if I could become a janitor, but nothing came from it (it was when they were having issues with hosts).
Also, I don't visit it much any more either.

>>3635681
>>3635754
>On inflatech@n where I modded and several other ch@ns I visit it's a bot.
>They're all OPs only, with no thread title.
>I did find out that they were Ukrainian or Russian in origin, but due to IP randomization that turned out to not be helpful.
>Actually, it all seems to be the same bot or botnet (It had hundreds of IPs that changed hourly)
Same as the *chan I janitor'd, it's probably the same bot/botnet.
Maybe try forcing a thread title? That way, the bots won't be able to get past without human intervention.
>>
>>3635849
>Maybe try forcing a thread title?
That's what we did to remove the spam.
We had it so that if a thread was made without a title it would be instantly deleted.
It caught pretty much 100% of the spam.

Still didn't stop inflatech@n from being deleted.
>>
>>3636087
thats some old bullshit then
>>
>>3636154
Seriously.

Captainstupids (inflatech@n owner) is making a new site, but it sucks.
You have to register and he rolled his own ch@n.
Since I was a mod, I already have an account on new inflatech@n, but the site's layout sucks.
Instead of boards you have filters, the whole thing is a "generated" (not sure what the right term is) web page, so you can't open threads in a new tab. Everything stays in one tab.
Not to mention that nothing works yet, but I'm sure at least that will improve.
>>
File: surprised.png (10 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
surprised.png
10 KB, 400x400
>>3636354
>You have to register
>Instead of boards you have filters
>Everything stays in one tab.
>nothing works yet
and I thought people hated my *chan's new layout. (centred so it looks like a mobile site, although the "i am a babby" button anchors posts to the left)
>>
File: !!! !!!.jpg (29 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
!!! !!!.jpg
29 KB, 600x512
>paheal is down
>>
>>3636417
Centered doesn't sound too bad, as long as it has some equalization (justification)

But yeah, registration was CS's response to spam, despite our shiny new filter working.
He put the poll on registration on Deviantart of all places, and of course every one there had no problem with namefagging or registration.
That fucking nazi of a mod Vorn was ofcourse in full support of registration and had the loudest voice.

Some of the users even recommended moving to a forum, like phpbb!
That would have sucked, but now all I can think is that at least it would have worked.
No offense to CaptStupids though.
He's doing his best, he really is, it just it just isn't working.
>>
File: add 4.png (91 KB, 1542x754) Image search: [Google]
add 4.png
91 KB, 1542x754
>>3636554
>Centered doesn't sound too bad, as long as it has some equalization (justification)
It's not badly designed, just different.
>>
>>3623766
Why the fuck do these bots even exist? Does someone make them in the hopes that the site gets taken down or what?
>>
>>3639282
Pretty much. Some "people" take "raids" very seriously.
>>
>>3639282
>>3639335
That's not why they make them. "raids" are precise, compressed and intentional attacks for a purpose. Go visit an /i/ or /in/ board to see what I mean.

These bots/botnets (and you can tell they are the same ones) strike occasionally (once or twice a week) and across hundreds of small, obscure *chan sites. It's clearly spam advertisement, not an attack.

Assuming the CP in this case is the same as the usual, it's a picture of a girl cropped over a white background with black text, advertising a short URL. (or maybe white on black, I forget). If you wanted them taken down, you would mass spam and/or organise and attack and complain to the hosts about it.
>>
>>3639822
So if mods work hard to get rid of them, and it's just bots, not an attack, why does the site still get taken down? Do they just assume that the presence of any at all is deliberate posting by the site's users?
>>
>>3636554
>Some of the users even recommended moving to a forum, like phpbb!

Don't forget that one guy that suggested a paywall, and CS actually considered it. Inflatech@n 2 is going to suck, I'm glad that /trash/ has taken it's place for me.
>>
File: 1465396429089.jpg (99 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1465396429089.jpg
99 KB, 960x960
Ok... this means all the drawn threads art is lost????????
>>
>>3643656
Nearly all deliveries from the drawthreads are uploaded to http://trashdump.booru.org
>>
File: tumblr_nxo7pdprDc1qg6rkio1_540.gif (413 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxo7pdprDc1qg6rkio1_540.gif
413 KB, 540x540
>>3643656
>>3643701
Admin also makes his own private backups. Learn to read.
>>
>>3643763

So if someone where to tip off the govt he'd certainly have a dirty comp
>>
>>3643807
No, his backups are cleaned, at least, as best as he can.

>>3642418
Usually some no good "do-well" reports the site to the NCMEC.

>>3642595
>paywall
Also one of Vorn's fantastic ideas.
I fucking hate that guy.
>>
>>3644005
That was some furry with a blue and yellow fursona who suggested it, not Vorn. Can't remember their name, but I remember they regularly complaining about something. Can't really remember though, I just woke up from a fever dream.

>>3642595
Sleeping on my statement, I realized /trash/ is basically inflatech@n 2 done right. No forced registration, and the catalog is pretty useful instead of relying on tags.But /trash/ is pretty loose with what can and can't be posted instead of being a general themed board.
>>
It looks like archived.moe works.
>>
>>3645313
Nah, Vorn had been suggesting a paywall before inflatech@n even went down.

I agree that /trash/ is a good replacement, but the fat threads suck and are possibly the worst case scenario for internet tribalism.
>>
File: howdy.png (10 KB, 795x541) Image search: [Google]
howdy.png
10 KB, 795x541
S H I T
>>
>>3642418
>So if mods work hard to get rid of them, and it's just bots, not an attack, why does the site still get taken down? Do they just assume that the presence of any at all is deliberate posting by the site's users?
I assume it's more like
> does site contain CP?
> >yes
> delete site
They don't want that on their hands, and they don't care for an explanation. Some hosts are not keen on communication, it seems.

>>3642595
>suggested a paywall
>actually considered it
what the actual fuck is this inflatechan? is it an obscure satire?
>>
>>3639282
>>3639335
>>3639822
What motivates a person to do something like this at this magnitude?

Why do they care so much? If it's just for kicks wouldn't it get boring after the first few successful attempts? And they're even spending real money on this, fifty cents every couple of days but still. Not to mention that they're obviously in possession of cp, it couldn't be more blatant.

Also, an idea for spam prevention could be that users have to make an account to use the site, but posting behaves the same otherwise. You still post as anon, or a trip/name if you want, and the only person who can connect your posts to your account is a mod/admin/janitor.

They can make endless accounts for their bots i suppose, but it might slow them down. Otherwise you could just autoban anyone posting from whatever countries the bots are posting from.
>>
>>3661712
We'll just have to wait and see if our new lord and saviour will act on any of this.
>>
>>3661712
They're not motivated by shiposting. I'm pretty sure the site the bots are posting sells cp.
I haven't checked though, since I don't want to visit said site.
>>
>>3661179
>>suggested a paywall
>>actually considered it
>what the actual fuck is this inflatechan? is it an obscure satire?

Nah, it was a pretty comfy chan for inflation/expansion/hyper, but one of the mods (vorn) really sucked and when the site started getting bombarded by the cp bot he had some radical ideas for dealing with it, like registration or a paywall.

CaptStupids, the owner, was against registration or a paywall and worked hard on an automod to remove any posts by cp bot.
Making automod was tough and had lots of failures, but just as CaptStupids was about to break and start requiring registration, automod succeded!
Unfortunately, 2 weeks after automod had been put in place, fairly successfully, the registrar struck inflatechan off the web.
This pushed CaptStupids to seriously consider a paywall and registration, meanwhile vorn was like "I told you so"
>>
>>3616573
>>3623766
>>3623822
>>3635344
>>3635366
>>3642418
>>3664120

I tell you people, somebody want to reduce the number of open chans.
>>
>>3639335
Honestly, if I could sic bots like that on specific tumblrs or email addresses and other stuff, I would.
>>
>>3675562
Once we've developed our own spam botnet we could teach to say triggering stuff and let it loose on tumblr and twitter.
>>
>>3661712
>What motivates a person to do something like this at this magnitude?

>Why do they care so much? If it's just for kicks wouldn't it get boring after the first few successful attempts? And they're even spending real money on this, fifty cents every couple of days but still. Not to mention that they're obviously in possession of cp, it couldn't be more blatant.
At least read the posts you reply to.

It's advertising. "Here is a link to where you can get CP". That is the intent. They get ad money from visitors.

They are likely hosted in countries that aren't as uptight about CP hosting.
>>
>>3675562
>>3678660
Well shit, just visit /i/ boards.

I myself distributed an effective skiddie tumblr-spamming macro for Firefox/Tor that flooded tags, along with a usage guide. Christmas invasion.

TL;DR

>>USE DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS PER POST/FEW POSTS IF YOU CAN. This makes it look like a bigger attack, stops admins from deleting all your posts at once, and other stuff. You can only make 3 account per MAC address so learn to spoof. Also, proxies never hurt.

>**HERE IS A VERY USEFUL iMacros SCRIPT** --> http://pastebin.com/8spMX91i

>- *apparently* you can only make three posts to a tag per blog (not account) per day, so mix it up.
>- You need to verify your account to make sure posts actually show up, and it won't let posts show in tags until you are three days old. Test post with accounts after three days to see if they work fully.
>- Feel free to follow your other accounts to make them seem legitimate. YOU MUST HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF FOLLOWERS BEFORE YOU CAN ACTUALLY POST TO TAGS.

Should work perfectly unless the site posting has changed much.

now lets see if you're full of shit or not. say hi to the fat acceptance tags for me.

here is a video of the effect. 50 posts in one minute.
https://comfy.moe/rgotad.mp4
>>
.Bump
>>
bump'
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.