[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's go for another one because these are fun. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 28
File: 1408559719696.png (669 KB, 1153x1200) Image search: [Google]
1408559719696.png
669 KB, 1153x1200
Let's go for another one because these are fun. What are you working on, /trash/?

Post your WIP or finished artwork.
Request feedback and/or show off!
All skill levels welcome.

Will post my work momentarily to start.
>>
File: meiagain.png (543 KB, 884x1066) Image search: [Google]
meiagain.png
543 KB, 884x1066
Finished this one recently. Noticing a lot of anatomy issues I hadn't caught before I lined and colored, though. Always tends to happen.
>>
>>3573842
Practice is suffering. Suffering is practice.
>>
File: bust wip.jpg (48 KB, 479x662) Image search: [Google]
bust wip.jpg
48 KB, 479x662
Did a bust giveaway recently, here is the sketch for the first one
>>
File: beach view revision sketch.png (2 MB, 1175x783) Image search: [Google]
beach view revision sketch.png
2 MB, 1175x783
Changes made from a suggestion in the last draw thread on turning the gal who was bent over giving oral to a limbo position under the girl she's giving oral to.
Any suggestions would be welcome .
>>
File: unfinisheddanbackslide.png (2 MB, 1920x1050) Image search: [Google]
unfinisheddanbackslide.png
2 MB, 1920x1050
>>
>>3578170
That seems like an uncomfortable position, based on my limited experiences with oral sex. To facilitate this, the standing girl would have to bend over a little to present herself to the prone one.

You do seem to have an efficient way of building poses.
>>
>>3580980
back to the sketch pad then, yah i thought i was gonna have to give abit of leeway with the standing pose, story of my life compromise XD. thanks
>>
File: lewdpuss.jpg (54 KB, 671x671) Image search: [Google]
lewdpuss.jpg
54 KB, 671x671
It's a work in progress.
>>
>>3580980
That's what makes it hot.
>>
>>3573842
Per a friend's request, I'm gonna' draw Widowmaker on Reaper with a dominatrix vibe. I can't think of any scenarios or positions, any suggestions?
>>
File: 1441383159567.jpg (137 KB, 640x642) Image search: [Google]
1441383159567.jpg
137 KB, 640x642
>>3583308
Something like this?
>>
File: 1409913714288.jpg (105 KB, 800x595) Image search: [Google]
1409913714288.jpg
105 KB, 800x595
>>3583308
or this
>>
>>3583178
So would the current pose work as well as what the other anon suggested ?
>>
>>3583308
Tied up with hot wax ?
Light bdsm
Restraints and tickle torture

My best bet would be to do some research on dominatrix and bdsm you might find something would give you a good idea .
>>
>>3573779
But who is the artist?
>>
>>3588101
Artist is Sindoll.
>>
File: sketch book (16).png (1 MB, 852x899) Image search: [Google]
sketch book (16).png
1 MB, 852x899
>>3589387
Thought it looked familiar, good artist I dig those sling bikini pics he does.
>>
>>3584579
I would strongly prefer the pose you presented.
>>
>>3593770
I like it as well so I guess I'm gonna go with it. Thanks
>>
Bumping the thread.
>>
File: r63 sly cooper sketch.png (1 MB, 1176x1028) Image search: [Google]
r63 sly cooper sketch.png
1 MB, 1176x1028
Bumping thread with old sketch critique if you want.
>>
>>3600507
The sketch looks saucy. However, the legs could need more work.
>>
>>3604159
Thanks, yah I noticed that too, although not bad for a four year old drawing tho.
>>
Where do I start to become an artist?
>inb4 LOOMIS
>>
>>3610323
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/library/
Pretty cool site, helped me out a bit.
>>
>>3610323
Well I never read Loomis in my life and I seem to be okay, just read books and tutorials and draw your gonna suck at first but this is the thing all the best artists were shit at first but they were the shit artists that didn't give up.
Don't be afraid to redraw stuff it's the nature of the beast and draw a variety of stuff now as apprehensive as I am about going to art and critique since it seems to be a room full of egos easily bruised there are good threads from time to time especially the book scan ones.
Just chip away at it.
>>
>>3610323
>>3615628
I'm not going to say Loomis is bad, but Loomis is public domain. And the internet being the internet, /ic/, started believing its own meme.

Personally I've found it annoying, because beginning artists benefit a lot from working with peers. But instead anyone looking for help, or even simple companionship, is shouted down to only come back when they've already undertaken steps that are absolutely massive to someone with zero experience.

Loomis himself seemed like a decent person who wanted to teach laymen how to draw. One of his books even has the subtitle "How everyone can easily learn how to draw". Kind of ironic how the name of a man who tells people it's OK if they can't even draw a circle has become attached to pointlessly vitriolic, elitist attitude.

Anyway, it seems Schmorky the diaperfur, or someone with an art style reminiscent of him who is also a SA goon, has Loomis' work available: http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/

Here are some more resources: http://drawingbooks.org/

>it seems to be a room full of egos easily bruised

I'd say it's a room of massively inflated egos. A lot of people there seem to measure their self-worth by how they are better than beginners. It's a really nasty atmosphere.
>>
File: smallloanofamillionthrusts.png (1 MB, 1090x728) Image search: [Google]
smallloanofamillionthrusts.png
1 MB, 1090x728
One day I'll ram more detail into this.
>>
>>3616222
Well I agree Loomis isn't for everyone and if it works for you that's great but it's like those sweaters that says one size fits all which it doesn't, I know I didn't feel that it was helping me.
Well I kinda look at it as sad that it came to the attachment to an elitist attitude towards art, and it's a wonder that any new artist actually do post on it although I'm sure that not everyone on that board is that way but I do kinda hesitate to send others there unless it's to look for tutorials or book scan threads look.

I mostly read stuff from bridgemann ( constructive anatomy) wa Jack Hamm and some of those Force books and sketching manga series.

These draw threads are casual and posters know that so you don't see much ego stroking, most people just want to post what they drew and if they get critique that's great I know I've benefited from these threads.
>>
>>3616590
It's the ego stroking that made me dislike the place. It has too many of those people who think vague insults constitute proper criticism and think they're God's gift to artists about it. I see stuff that doesn't have a lot wrong with it, and the way these people respond you'd think someone posted their 4 year old's doodles.

But looking at it, it seems to have mellowed out a bit. I recall it being nothing but circlejerking, but now people are actually talking about art.
>>
>>3617125
Keyword is mellowed, anyways in the end there's gonna be a thread for people to post their art for comment or critique as an alternative to ic .
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (196 KB, 800x807) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
196 KB, 800x807
>>
File: mei.png (226 KB, 511x564) Image search: [Google]
mei.png
226 KB, 511x564
>>3619205
That's why I like these threads. I've noticed that /trash/, at least right now, seems pretty non-toxic. I feel comfortable sharing artwork on here as opposed to /ic/ because people don't tend to get torn to shreds by meme protocol on /trash/, discouraging participation in the first place.
>>
>>3619720
this looks great
>>
>>3617125
I went there once when I was trying to construct a human head head, using Loomis's method. Something was way off but I couldn't tell what it was.

I posted my wip stepwise, seeing if they could spot where I was going wrong. They ignored me. I kept asking for help and finally they said I wasn't good enough to give advice, and I should work on my construction, and study Loomis.

I'm convinced they're dramawhores and have no real understand of what they're dong it.
>>
I'm working on a Power Pack comic. On a different computer at the moment so I'll have to post wips later. It will be nice to have feedback, especially since it's going to be such a big and involved project. Not like there are many other places I could post it either.

It's good to have a drawthread here, I mean a thread for artists talking about what they're doing, as opposed to what they're calling a drawthread.
>>
reviving
>>
Im currently colouring this >>3613024 sketch from duplicitousmachine. The wings are gonna be a bitch.
>>
>>3619911
Well I don't see the need to tear someone to pieces over mistakes in their art, that's not going to help someone improve in fact that may turn that person off from drawing and they may have good ideas but lack the skills to get them down.
And I didn't realize that trash had a meme protocol also I like your pic as well.

>>3621678
Well that's fantastic help ( sarcasm)
Hopefully you got some better.

>>3624512
You might wanna keep in mind where your light source is coming from, I like to make a note on a new layer with notes about lighting directon as well as diagrams if I feel I need it.
>>
>>3624857
Thanks, I might try it out when I get to the shading and lighting part, if I dont forget about the image later on. I do that a lot. colouring is kinda tricky with just a mouse.

What would be a good colour for the bikini, you guys reckon?
>>
>>3625776
My suggestion is to get yourself a tablet, you'll save your hand and have more options available, I did that at one time myself use a mouse to color and ect.. Get a decent priced tablet sometimes you can find them on special at staples I bought mine for about 75 on special, a good wacom table will run you about 80 to 90 dollars and it might be different depending on where you live but you shouldn't pay anymore than that.
>>
File: shit.png (24 KB, 414x381) Image search: [Google]
shit.png
24 KB, 414x381
Didn't like how there's no official art of Fay so I tried turning her in game portrait into art. The only problem is I have no talent and I'm drawing in ms paint with a mouse. Oh well.
>>
>>3626134
I dont colour enough to really get another tablet. And I did get a cheap tablet some years back but got more cramp from using that than with a mouse anyway. This is more of a timewaster thing I like to do sometimes, nothing Im really serious about anymore.

I went with a nice red. I think im finished with it tonight either way, its pretty late. Lets see if I can be arsed to do shading and stuff tomorrow.
>>
>>3626692
Fair enough, anyways your flats look good.
>>
>>3610323
If your drawings look like children scribbles then read "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain". It's not a very useful book in general but it helps with baby steps. First, it demystifies the talent thing ("some people just can draw/just can't draw" misbelief). Second, it helps with understanding what symbolic drawing is and how to get rid of it. It won't turn you into an artist overnight but there will be a MAJOR improvement after you finish the book.

I'm a newbie myself so I can't give you any real further advice. After "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" you may want to try draw-a-box (it's a website name) though it's pretty tedious. I've skimmed through a few Loomis books but they seem to be an in-depth material and not for me yet.

As far as I understand drawing is just a set of skills (proportions, construction, etc.) and you just grind them in the way people go to the gym to get fit. There are glimpses of fun here and there but I've yet to find a way to properly motivate myself. I'm trying to start using a tablet but it's fucking painful.
>>
File: pppage1wip.png (221 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
pppage1wip.png
221 KB, 480x720
Page 1. I've been putting it off to finish up some other stuff, but I'm about to gear up to work on it exclusively.
>>
>>3624857
>in fact that may turn that person off from drawing

Oh, they know. These people consider that to be one of their merits, weeding out the "weak" ones. I can't count how often I've seen internet "critics" voice exactly that as one of their reasons for being dicks.

I get the impression that a lot of the people who act like that aren't artists themselves. I find it hard to believe that someone can not recall struggling at the start.
>>
>>3638660
I've seen a few forget how bad they used to be. Usually people who had learned to draw as children. But yeah, they're usually non-artists.
>>
>>3641977
I keep all of my stuff that I draw, I guess it kind of keeps me humble...although I hope never to have to go through scanning a huge box of loose scribbles and an office box of sketch books again.

>>3626472
I tried to draw in ms paint after seeing your post, it's hard and I was using a tablet too.
>>3638660
I don't think I ever ran across anyone like that to be honest. All of the people I've watched streaming were just down to earth decent people in fact I was watching one guy I believe his art name is justmegabenewelle did a impromptu anatomy class during one of his streams awhile back since we were discussing anatomy
>>
>>3610323
I'm using drawabox.com myself
>>
>>3642332
>I don't think I ever ran across anyone like that to be honest.

It's mostly been confined to 4chan. I've never seen any actual artist be a dick to anyone, no matter how crap they were.
>>
>>3642332
>I don't think I ever ran across anyone like that to be honest.

That's mostly on 4chan.
>>
File: ghh.png (566 KB, 957x423) Image search: [Google]
ghh.png
566 KB, 957x423
Another background sketch for another wip, wanted a kinda high-end private resort set in space with it.
>>
File: ziraak1.jpg (84 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
ziraak1.jpg
84 KB, 850x1100
Trying to get myself back into drawing after a dry spell. I think I have potential but it's hard to make myself put in the hours. Was working on this portrait for my character in an upcoming D&D game, a thri-kreen fighter who styles himself a warrior-poet. Long way from completion but I've spent a couple hours on it so far, which is more than I've done in a long time.
>>
>>3654426
Yah it's hard to sit and work on a pic when you feel your not getting any where.
What are you hoping to do with your pic ?
>>
>>3654959
Just a black and white drawing is all I'm aiming for. It's something to draw.
>>
>>3655040
I should have said what problems are you having with it ? Mybad
>>
>>3655154
Gesture, anatomy, perspective... I'm pretty rusty. I should try that Draw a Box shit.
>>
Art only? Or are stories okay too?
>>
>>3662708
I think stories will be fine too
>>
>>3654426
Don't know much about DnD but I'm going to guess that the character is a bug species, and I know little about drawing them as well, I can suggest looking up pics of bugs that closely resembles the species your drawing. Also you might want to check the artist white mantis on fa she draws bugs so that might be a good place to start.
>>
hi trash what do i look for in a drawing tablet
i've been learning to draw since like mid-january and i can probably justify buying one to myself now that i know i wont just give up and i'm not super terrible
[spoiler]i'd post art but im scared[/spoiler]
>>
>>3666955
Nothing fancy most artist I've talked to have bare bones tablets,>>3626134
A suggestion to another poster in regards to getting a tablet instead of a mouse to draw or color with.
>>
>>3664952
Thri-keen are a species based on mantis. That's all I know. But there should be plenty of mantis references out there. There was a good bug thread up, yesterday. Migrated from /v/.
>>
>>3669302
In /tg/ a few years back there was a series of stories about a human and his eight-foot-tall thri-kreen girlfriend. Bug sex, bug sex, everywhere.
>>
>>3669730
It's enough to make you lose your head, really.
>>
>>3670320
dohohohohohohohoho
>>
>>3670320
I'm sick of these racist memes!
>>
File: OH YOU_lion.jpg (333 KB, 500x602) Image search: [Google]
OH YOU_lion.jpg
333 KB, 500x602
>>3670320
>>
Are there any methods or exercises to help conquering the disconnection between input/output when learning to use a tablet? I draw ellipses instead of circles though tablet and display seem to have same aspect ratio. It also doesn't help that I usually tilt my paper 45 degrees to draw horizontal lines.
>>
>>3672210
It sounds like the mapping for your tablet isn't seat to lock at 1:1. what make and model are you using?
>>
>>3673007
I have Wacom One Small (I think, the box doesn't state exactly). Now that I've checked the box, it seems that you're right, it's working area is not exactly 16:9 (I kinda assumed that it is because it looked like it is), I'll check the configuration a bit later.
>>
That OP pic was misleading. For a second, I actually thought Sindoll was OP.

Wonder what he's working on now.
>>
>>3673593
Glad I could help.
with wacom's tool, you can have completely different settings per application, so make sure if it's not working right in one, that the settings are the same in the tool menu.
>>
File: IMG_0233[1].png (517 KB, 490x653) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0233[1].png
517 KB, 490x653
iPhone picture of a traditional sketch.

>Looks okay in real life.
>Looks terribad in picture.
There is only misery.
>>
>>3675438
Looks good to me. I certainly can't draw anything like that.
>>
If a tablet doesn't match the aspect ratio, does the active area on the tablet get changed, or does the drawable space on the screen get changed? I'm thinking of copping an intuos3 4x6 for $50, but I might want something bigger, and nothing bigger matched my 16:10 laptop screen.
>>
File: work-area-adjustment-sample.gif (46 KB, 423x374) Image search: [Google]
work-area-adjustment-sample.gif
46 KB, 423x374
>>3675641
here's an example:

the small Intuos art & touch small (which I have) has a native work area that is 16:10.
My monitor is 16:9
in the wacom tablet settings, you can customize the specific size of the work area, and even have it force 1:1. pic related, if you can make it out
>>
>>3678014
So you're using a 16:9 portion of the tablet work area, so it matches your entire screen? That makes sense, actually.
>>
this is some nice advice in here
>>
>>3669730
Yeah, I know. I wrote them.
>>
>>3683949
bug buggery?
>>
File: bump.gif (35 KB, 390x260) Image search: [Google]
bump.gif
35 KB, 390x260
>>
>>3610323
there's an assortment of books you can find on /ic/ you don't have to use loomis but he may be a stepping stone in furthering your skill.
>>
>>3687419
alright, thanks
>>
>>3675438
cute, who is it?
>>
I started drawing again. I have forgotten so much. I'm going to need a lot of practice before I have anything worth posting.

Also, bump I guess.
>>
File: IMG_0236[1].png (520 KB, 490x653) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0236[1].png
520 KB, 490x653
>>3692320
No one in particular, just a random drawing.
Have a particular sort of lizard that is, in fact, someone.
>>
>>3695704
Nice! Hope Ever Oasis does well, I love how it looks.
>>
>Literally the first thing I ever remember drawing was a dumb mary sue comic about a Super Bunny in elementary school

Does /trash/ recall their early artistic pursuits?
>>
>>3695704
Sweet I was hoping for a Mirua
>>
File: worry.jpg (9 KB, 192x245) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
9 KB, 192x245
board's getting fast again
>>
File: scan0045.png (2 MB, 1139x1061) Image search: [Google]
scan0045.png
2 MB, 1139x1061
Old pic
>>
File: end_my_life.jpg (43 KB, 622x703) Image search: [Google]
end_my_life.jpg
43 KB, 622x703
Still trying to accommodate to a tablet instead of learning fundamentals. I had so much fun doing this, just slapping some feminine features on a horrible piece of shit and it no longer makes me cringe when I look at it. I guess tomorrow I'm going to be embarrassed about posting this.

>>3701043
Sure

In elementary school, I think, I was drawing a doom comic about multiple doomguys. I had a huge stack of 1:1 paper sheets and I've split each one of them in 4x4 grid and draw 32 pictures on each sheet. That was horrible but I kinda regret getting rid of those.

In the middle school I used to draw small comic strips that had like crossover between various videogames and cartoons, everything was suffering from sonic syndrome and jokes were sonic-tier funny too. I do not regret getting rid of those though.
>>
>>3707334
got a site?
>>
>>3710912
Yah I do, here you go.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/crawford/
>>
>>3711088
thanks
>>
boop
>>
Bumping for tomorrow
>>
I wonder if Dogyd is on this thread...?
>>
File: leavanny.png (335 KB, 888x488) Image search: [Google]
leavanny.png
335 KB, 888x488
My current work in progress. Definitely going to redo those horrible lines.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.