[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /trash/'s opinion on Paper Mario: Sticker Star?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 16
What's /trash/'s opinion on Paper Mario: Sticker Star?
>>
It's bilge. Nothing else needs to be said.
>>
It belongs here
>>
Personally, its my second favorite to the first one.
>>
It's my least favorite of the Paper Mario series, i don't think it's the worst game ever just kinda disappointing.
>>
File: Rosenfacepalm.png (222 KB, 636x345) Image search: [Google]
Rosenfacepalm.png
222 KB, 636x345
It's a bullshit cash-in on the series' popularity which very accurately portrays how Nintendo has no idea what made the original games good in the first place.

>"Oh hey, let's make a Paper Mario game, but remove all of the things that made it Paper Mario, and replace them with New Super Mario Bros bullshit and a nonsensical battle system! Fans will love it!"
>>
File: THIS.jpg (88 KB, 340x480) Image search: [Google]
THIS.jpg
88 KB, 340x480
>>3215782
I especially hate how it's essentially just New Super Mario Bros, but with black outlines
>>
>>3215782
I will say if they did with Paper Mario/Mario and Luigi with what they were doing with Star Fox and Zelda, it would be okay.
But they won't.
>>
>>3218502
What do you mean?
>>
>>3225235
Star Fox and the Legend of Zelda have stayed pretty constant throughout the years in some way or another. Nintendo doesn't mess with them as much as Mario RPG's. This hasn't been working out too well for them in the past years or so, and judging by the new paper Mario game, it's not going to change.
>>
File: 1460426780322.jpg (386 KB, 2712x2712) Image search: [Google]
1460426780322.jpg
386 KB, 2712x2712
>Paper Luigi and The Waffle Kingdom will never be a thing
>>
I've only played Super Paper Mario. Did Sticker Star really fuck up as bad as people say?
>>
>>3231611
>only played SPM

at least you posted this on the correct board
>>
Just another Ninty cash-in of an old series to try and scrounge up some cash to feed the bleeding Wii U. Sometimes it works (Kid Icarus) and sometimes it falls on its ass (Sticker Star, Starfox Zero, Federation Force). While Sticker Star isn't THAT bad of a game in its own right, it rubs people the wrong way because it pretty much seals the death of the original Paper Mario ever getting a real sequel.
>>
>Muh experience points
>Muh companion
>Muh game mechanics
>MUH STORY
seriously the paper mario series should die off
>>
>>3231925
>>Muh experience points
>>Muh companion
>>Muh game mechanics
>>MUH STORY
seriously good game series should die off
>>
>>3231925
What even is this a complaint about? All of those are in 90% of modern games. What the fuck even is 'game mechanics'? Don't all games have mechanics? If a game didn't have mechanics, would it be a movie?
>>
>>3231657
I just don't play vidya that much man
SPM was breddy gud though
>>
>>3215067

It doesn't exist.
>>
>>3233071
Amen.
>>
Daily Reminder that Sticker Star 2.0 is the next Paper Mario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2175ZyWwCzw
>>
File: disgust.jpg (30 KB, 524x336) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
30 KB, 524x336
>>3235798
>gaymexplain
>>
File: rage.jpg (197 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
rage.jpg
197 KB, 569x571
>>3235798
Might as well just say "We don't give a shit about Paper Mario anymore, enjoy your Sticker Star HD"
>>
File: confused cheese.png (346 KB, 504x323) Image search: [Google]
confused cheese.png
346 KB, 504x323
>>3231925
>>3232034
>>
File: miyamoto.jpg (69 KB, 1280x825) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.jpg
69 KB, 1280x825
They should have kept Miyamoto away from the Paper Mario series and the Mario series in general. I'm so sick how everything needs NSMB shoved into it. Nothing past Super Mario Galaxy has been as unique or outstanding under his control.
>>
its the zelda cdi of the paper mario franchise
>>
File: color splash.png (361 KB, 475x609) Image search: [Google]
color splash.png
361 KB, 475x609
>>
File: colorpoop.png (146 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
colorpoop.png
146 KB, 1200x1600
>>
File: goombella comic.jpg (86 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
goombella comic.jpg
86 KB, 400x600
>>
Killed the franchise.
At least it made super paper mario look good in comparison
>>
>>3274207
that's not hard to do though
>>
File: Mario_with_his_Hammer.png (3 MB, 2070x2007) Image search: [Google]
Mario_with_his_Hammer.png
3 MB, 2070x2007
>>
honestly its criminally underrated, for things it lacks its also got nice things as well. nice vibrant environments, made to look even better with the paper craft. theres alot of detail and matches the style better than just normal 3D enviornments. the battles while somewhat pointless return to being turn based and heck there's some neat enemies in this game, we haven't seen ninji as an enemy in years. some of the side characters like the troubled toad, the toad butler, wiggler and kemek are really interesting and cool. there's also some hilarious moments like when birdo shows up literally out f nowhere and gives one of them most uncomfortable speeches i've ever seen, or snifit or whiff it. im not saying the game is a saving grace, it definitely failed objectively, but honestly its not that bad, i'd still play it over super paper mario, because while it doesnt have a significant story, super paper mario is boring as fuck. also the soundtrack is Top tier. probably my fav paper mario soundtrack
>>
>>3290579
tl;dr version, games not as bad as people say it is.
>>
File: BILL.png (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BILL.png
149 KB, 500x500
>>3290579
Bill, is that you?!
>>
>>3290579
> ss > spm
I hope this is a joke review
>>
File: 19gsy6h6tcf15jpg.jpg (39 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
19gsy6h6tcf15jpg.jpg
39 KB, 250x250
>>3215067
I had my hopes of this game....
I lived a Lie
>>
>looking back at the beta screenshots and footage
>it's like a handheld successor to TTYD
>scenery looks like Paper Mario enviroment without making everything look papercraft
>we could have had a chain chomp partner
>but no all we get are Toads
I am beyond mad
>>
>>3295610

Spm is fucking boring, and easy as fuck. nothing about that game make me wanna come back, the story is good but once you've experienced it, there's NO reason to touch the game ever again
>>
File: game over.png (281 KB, 665x374) Image search: [Google]
game over.png
281 KB, 665x374
>>3263851
>>
>>3215067
Good Nintendo game. Bad Paper Mario. Not even a Paper Mario. Why the fuck is this a Paper Mario and not other spinoff.
>>
>>3299476
Played spm twice

Couldn't even finish sticker star, it made me too mad.
I could have looked past the pointless battle system, inventory based attacks, and the "lmao its paper" bullshit if it just weren't so creatively bankrupt
>>
>>3310892
This. If it were a spin off or something like Yoshi: Sticker Star it could have just been written off as an ok Nintendo game, but since it wears the Paper Mario title and Nintendo pushes it as part of the series canon, it becomes an awful Paper Mario game.
>>
>>3315040
This. What were thinking going from SPM to that?
>>
>>3231925
Those are all solid elements, though. It's the fact that Ninetndo wants to make it more like the Mario and Luigi RPG's that lost me on this one.

Also, it just wasn't as funny.
>>
>>3331491
what about Paper Jam?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.