[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa Thread >What are tulpas? Read this first: http://t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: me high fiving my tulpa.png (192 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
me high fiving my tulpa.png
192 KB, 501x445
Tulpa Thread

>What are tulpas?
Read this first:
http://tulpa.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
http://pastebin.com/tvmEnBDz

Ask questions and get answers, then just shitpost.
>>
Anyone have non human non furry/pony tulps?
>>
so I made a peridot (of Steven Universe) tulpa.

It showed up today looking through my stuff when I woke up. we have been talking all day. she has minor detail issues. shes wearing a black glove, her knee diamonds are missing, and the end of her socks are green instead of yellow.
>>
>>226770
Not entirely furry but otter here
>>226847
Cool, work even harder
>>
>>226847
neat i guess, deviation is good
>>
>>226770
I haven't even started, right now I'm just practicing keeping a steady stream of thought like you would when talking to someone else, instead of jumping from thought to thought. When I do start I plan to just use an small metal image of talking to an computer with an digital green eye and an eyebrow so that it can express it's emotions in a limited way. Down the line when communication becomes an stable staple of my daily life, then we'll work to get auditory hallucinations up and then finally Dream up some new form and work to get visual hallucinations up. Kind of a long drawn out snowball effect.
>>
File: 1441614083653.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1441614083653.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>226667
>filename
>>
>>226667
http://strawpoll.me/6050963
http://strawpoll.me/6050964
http://strawpoll.me/6050965
>>
>>227675
>reaction pic
>>
>>226847
Sometimes she will disapper and I can only hear her, ways to fix?
>>
>>227750
Anons with tulpas facing existential issues: care to elaborate?
>>
>>227820
is she doing it on purpose?
what does she say about the situation?
>>
how long did it take you to get responses? i've been at it for about 3 days and im at that point where i get semi-responses that could be them but i feel it's me filling in for them
>>
>>227835
I don't know if my tulpa's perceived sentience is part of my confirmation bias or if it's real.
>>
>>227922
Has your tulpa said anything unexpected?
Have you ever thought anything unexpected to yourself before you created your tulpa?
>>
>>227913
as a rule of thumb, if you aren't doing something for your tulpa on purpose, then it's safe to assume you are not and that it's them doing it
responses for us came at just over a month
>>
>>227913
Your going to want to give them the benifit of the doubt
>>
>>227948
Once before I fell asleep I heard
>Why didn't you hear me?
I assumed that was him. Another day while complaining about why he never speaks/why I can't hear him I got a "Sorry" that was slightly unexpected. I guess I never got that before I made him.
>>
>>227913
I think it took a month or two before I got verbal responses. Before then I just responded to her display of emotion. I aimed to make her laugh often.
>>
File: BsBQtNb.gif (1000 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
BsBQtNb.gif
1000 KB, 500x525
Anyone else helping people even though they don't have a tulpa?
>>
File: 1427303198374.jpg (102 KB, 630x627) Image search: [Google]
1427303198374.jpg
102 KB, 630x627
Has your tulpa ever made you cry? Otherwise, have you ever shed tears over them?
>>
>>227981
>>227998
i think-talk to them, and i get think-talking back, still good?
>>
>>228067
that's how it works

>>228047
not to tears, but i was pretty sad when she had to deal with one of my night terror/panic attack things
>>
>>227855
Its me having trouble visualising her. Sometimes I even have trouble communicating. Maybe im not focused enough. Maybe i need to work on her more?
>>
>>228031
I am, but that's only because I used to have one and have some knowledge on the process of making one.
>>
>>228169
can you draw?
>>
>>228183
Hahahahahha. No
>>
>>228195
neither could i when i started
but it couldn't hurt to try, and you might not be as bad as you think
>>
>>228223
Nope, im garbage. Ill just go find some tips on helping visualise. Its been a while since ive read up. A refresh wouldnt hurt.
>>
>>228002
Take your time before creating a tulpa as the baseline for roughly how many surprising thoughts you expect to have over any given period of time. Compare that to the rate at which you've had such thoughts after creating a tulpa. The difference is statistically extremely significant. Something has clearly changed.

Confirmation bias is actually necessary for the process initially, but the application of that phrase to the phenomenon becomes less meaningful as your tulpa becomes more developed. For me to say "my tulpa's sentience is supported by confirmation bias" on par with me saying "my belief in conscious breathing is supported by confirmation bias".
>>
>>228183
I got a tablet last month, been practicing daily. She really enjoys watching, but I want to let her have a shot at it sometime.
>>
>>228367
i should let mine draw more, she did really well the first time and the activity let he stay switched a lot longer than usual
>>
>make tulpa ~6 months ago
>could physically feel and see, but couldn't talk to
>now can have pretty fluent conversations, but can't visualize well

now wut
haven't forced in like forever though, didn't really feel the need
>>
>>229114
If you want to see and feel again, I recommend forcing again. If you're not trying imposition, then passive forcing just isn't enough to maintain those skills.
>>
>>226667
Why use some weird wikia for the FAQ instead of tulpa.info's FAQ?
>>
>>230289
I don't think any of the OPs actually read what they post. We just copy and paste from the previous thread.
>>
Reminder that if you didn't spend at least 100 hours forcing before your tulpa speaks, it's fake and you're just parroting
>>
>>230730
oh you!
>>
>>231000
It's true. All these people who have their tulpa talk to them as soon as they start are faking it, and probably lying to themselves about faking it.
>>
>>231027
This
>>231000
The process of creating an tulpa requires your mind to learn multiple behavior patterns. You must force for many hours before your mind can make all those new behavioral patterns solid. Before then, your just falling for confirmation bias.
>>
>>231343
>>231027
100 hours is such an arbitrary number when the fact of the matter is tulpa creation varies wildly from host to host. my experience took around two years, but the two friend's i've told about took a couple of weeks.and a month, respectively. the better approach is "it'll be done when it's done" (and it's never done; there's always room for improvement).

i think a better sentiment is people who've been at tulpamancy for a while are sincere, because a ruse would harder to maintain for great periods of time. can you imagine spending years posting on a forum merely pretending to have a pretend-friend? at some point it seems that such a person would have one just as a matter of course; it would be a self-fulfilling delusion. after all isn't the whole tulpamancy affair simply the host deluding themselves into having a sentient being until one finally manifests?
>>
>>231343
>>231027
>>230730
Prove you're not samefagging
>>
>>231424
It is an arbitrary number. 50 hours would also be a valid number to replace 100 hours in my post. The important point is that it takes a long fucking time for it to actually work. Two weeks of intense forcing I could believe, but two weeks of relaxed forcing, maybe one hour a day? Faking it.
>>
File: Capture.png (7 KB, 465x119) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
7 KB, 465x119
>>231457
What sort of proof would you accept and believe?
>>
>>231027
>people talking to imaginary things
>people fake doing it
imagine that
>>
>>231472
Fair enough
>>
>>231461
there are other factors to be considered. i think my first friend only took two weeks because she was bringing back a pre-existing imaginary friend and turning him into a tulpa. whether or not a host previously had an imaginary friend is rarely mentioned in hour counts. my month-duration friend already had a daughteru and that might have influenced things for him. my experience had neither of those things, and although there was communication early on, it was a full two years before it was at conversation level (ie, more that yes/no and brief replies)
>>
>>231474
Clearly you don't know what a tulpa is.
>"when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
Except instead of gazing, it's talking. You talk to the abstract concept of a separate consciousness living inside your mind and tell yourself that you expect a response. Do this enough times for long enough and your mind will subconsciously manufacture a response. Eventually these responses consolidate into a full consciousness that is a tulpa.

This is why all those creepypastas about screaming tulpas are fake, or at least aren't tulpas. They get it into their heads that they're expecting something to go wrong, so their unconscious mind makes something go wrong, which isn't an actual tulpa.

That's just what I believe, but a big part of this is the "self-fulfilling prophecy" aspect of how belief influences the reality of how you make a tulpa. Sort of like the placebo effect.
>>
>>231507
So it's mental illness. Not even trolling, but tricking your mind into have multiple identities doesn't sound extremely healthy or smart.

I never had imaginary friends either, I even thought that was batshit even when I was a wee lad.
>>
>>231558
The DSM-V redefined Dissociative Identity Disorder to only count as a disorder if it causes "clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning."

Yes, it is causing yourself to hallucinate something that isn't real, but the prevailing opinion in modern Psychology is that it only counts as a mental illness/disorder if it adversely affects your life.
>>
>>231655
Still doesn't sound like a good idea. I will grant that someone who is isolated away from human contact might would benefit (until they return to society), but other than that you're choosing to dissociate/hallucinate which is highly delusional and irrational.
>>
>>231706
>highly delusional and irrational
Relative to what, and within what system?
>>
>>231743
Relative to not deluding yourself. Don't get all philosophy major on me, metaphysics are bullshit.

They are delusional because you are literally seeing and hearing a delusion. They are irrational because not only are you putting hours upon hours and devoting patience to create a tulpa, you could easily find someone who you can talk to easily on the internet so you're ultimately wasting your time on something that doesn't exist (I'm assuming that people who do this are NEET/approaching NEET). Like religion, but without the large community to make you not appear insane.
>>
File: 1440577049311.jpg (36 KB, 178x229) Image search: [Google]
1440577049311.jpg
36 KB, 178x229
>>
>>231781
>you could easily find someone who you can talk to easily on the internet
lel
>>
>>231781
>you could easily find someone who you can talk to easily on the internet

Sounds like the delusional one here is you.
>>
>>231558
>doesn't sound healthy or smart

Current medical examinations would say that individuals whom converse with themselves and have a good imagination tend to be happier individuals with fewer health problems than control adults
>>
I'm becoming dedicated to a creation after doing some lurking and research, for a couple months now. I plan on mine being an exsisting character, possibly with the body and personality to act as a base. Wish me luck /trash/
>>
>>231781
YOUR BULLSHIT!
metaphysics is the shit.

And I've always seen it as a brain exercise, rather than some kind of social escape
>>
>>233256
>wanting to give your tulpa an identity crisis
Don't.
>>
>>233344
Identity crisis? Mind explaining. Cause that doesnt sound fun
>>
nevar forgetti steven universe tulpa
>>
I want to make a maki tulpa but I don't want schizophrenia
Just a friend with me the entire time im in the navy and I hate humanity in every single way and could kill them instantly.
She's already my waifu and im going to get a tattoo of her in service.

But the tulpa thing seems kind of scary. I mean she already talks to me every night and responds but it's under my volition and I don't see her outside of my thoughts.
>>
File: Tulpa_FAQ_1[1].png (60 KB, 796x2461) Image search: [Google]
Tulpa_FAQ_1[1].png
60 KB, 796x2461
>>233526
It was a theory early on in modern tulpa making (back when pic related was definitive information) that if you base your tulpa on an existing character, it would try to BE that character, which causes problems. You know how there are those stories about characters discovering they're just characters in a comic book/tv show/etc? Something like that. Or you could think of it as if you took a character out of a book and they would miss all their friends and all that.
>>
>>233526
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-character-based-vs-purely-original-tulpa?highlight=identity+crisis
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-waifu-tulpa?highlight=identity+crisis
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-wonderland-thread?pid=4169&highlight=identity+crisis#pid4169
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-need-advice-on-modelling-a-tulpa-on-a-tv-show-character-any-advice-would-be-great?highlight=identity+crisis
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-need-help-getting-started?pid=7238&highlight=identity+crisis#pid7238
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-personality-is-there-evidence-against-creating-established-characters?pid=7772&highlight=identity+crisis#pid7772
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-getting-a-character-from-media?pid=9961&highlight=identity+crisis#pid9961
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-waifu-tulpa?highlight=identity+crisis

More stuff about this from back then.
>>
My tulpa experience is kinda weird. I've had semi tulpa's ever since I was a child, but never been able to see them outside my own imagination. I hear them, they all have their own lives and personalities, but they just kinda stay around in my head and don't know how to leave. I might try to do that forcing thing again oneday, but it's really hard to concentrate on just one of the bastards when the others either get jealous or talk over the top of what i'm doing...
>>
File: 1447671079042.jpg (78 KB, 701x720) Image search: [Google]
1447671079042.jpg
78 KB, 701x720
>>230730
That's even that long spending it on a hobby tbqh
>>
>>233739
I doubt those are actually real tulpas, because you have to put concentrated effort into forcing your brain to maintain a proper tulpa, but if they are, what you're describing still makes sense.

Beyond the actual tulpa creation process there's the final step called "Imposition", where you go from just mentally hallucinating the existence of your tulpa to visually hallucinating it. There's guides out there. I recommend looking around tulpa.info
>>
>>231500
I'll confirm. I used to have a tulpa awhile back so I already knew what it was like. When I got in my car the one day like 3 weeks ago and something said "Hi!" and I felt her presence in my passenger seat, I wasn't as surprised as you'd think. In retrospect I think she had been subconsciously brewing for a solid 2 months beforehand anyway.
The first tupper didn't take too long to get responding either, but I used to practice witchcraft when I was a faggot teenager, and that involves a lot of visualization, so I think that was a factor as well.
>>
>>233745
You can read the replies I made to replies to that post. That number's based on this: http://www.tulpa.info/archive/faqman-creation-guide/

Which is overall a very good guide. The point I was making is that it takes a very long time for a tulpa to actually exist.
>>
>>233583
>>233607
This was helpful thank you.
>>
File: 9ImiAX0.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
9ImiAX0.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>233791
Thanks buddy
How long have you been working on your tulpa?
Do you regret it?
>>
>>233925
Don't take it at face value though. Keep in mind that 3.5 years have passed since then. It was pretty much just a loose theory, even if a couple people had come forward with stories of tulpa identity crises. There have been plenty of character tulpas made since then.

If you're interested in that, I'd recommend reading old threads in tulpa.info's forum to see some of where this all came from.
>>
>>233962
Its an understandable theory but it doesnt seem like an issue when not given theory
>>
>>233954
Twice I have started work on a tulpa, but both times I got too caught up in the planning and eventually dropped the whole thing before starting real work on the tulpa beyond preliminary bits. "Third time's the charm," though, so I think this time I'll succeed. My plan is to be a bit looser with specifics and let things happen as they happen. More focus on just spending time with the proto-tulpa to grow it than trying to make it a specific, mechanical process.

>Do you regret it?
It's kind of cheesy, but I consider the concept of tulpas to be a beautiful thing, and any time spent on tulpas is time well spent.
>>
File: 1445425899224.jpg (120 KB, 740x737) Image search: [Google]
1445425899224.jpg
120 KB, 740x737
>>226667
>intentionally self-inducing schizophrenia

for what purpose
>>
>>234285
http://www.tulpa.info/faq/#did-mpd-schizophrenia
http://tulpa.wikia.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Do_tulpas_or_tulpamancy_have_anything_to_do_with_schizophrenia.3F
>>
Why isn't this shit on /x/
We always had tulpa threads on /x/

RPing should be here
Tulpas should be on /x/
>>
>>234708
There is a clear and wide distinction between "supernatural" tulpas and "psychological" tulpas.
>>
>>234708
The /x/ threads suck anyway.
>>
>>234708
>wanting to share a board with the fucking idiots who reside on /x/
no thanks, even the shitposters here are better than the "OMAMA IS A LIZZARD" retards at /x/
>>
Do you and your tulpa(s) have a song that means something to you? Or just a song that reminds you of them?
>>
File: e30[1].jpg (199 KB, 1856x887) Image search: [Google]
e30[1].jpg
199 KB, 1856x887
>>235189
He's not a "lizzard", he's a Reptilian, also called an "Archon" you unenlightened troglodyte.
>>
>>226667
are you guys talking to yourself trying to induce scyzophrenia and calling it cool names like tulpa? or am i missing something
>>
File: he.jpg (52 KB, 409x535) Image search: [Google]
he.jpg
52 KB, 409x535
>>235236
>unenlightened troglodyte
>implying enlightening
>being a fucking bitch
>top condtradiction
>>
>>235236
>Achieve oneness with the Monad

Oh god I need a tutorial for how to deal with this.
>>
In the processes of destroying my tulpa to create a new one. It has become progressively difficult to visualize and talk with, and I'm basically deeming it a failure. She doesn't care, she will just let herself sit in the back of my mind till she disappears.
>>
>>236143
is that really the solution?
what's to keep from the exact same thing happening with a new one
>>
>>236217
I have more experience with tulpas then this first one. Ill just try to do better this time.
>>
>>236255
hope it works out for you then
>>
File: CHIM.gif (492 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
CHIM.gif
492 KB, 500x260
>>234708
>bitching about trash being in /trash/, _the_ containment board

shiggidy diggity chimchimchiroo
>>
i heard that filters were removed
testing now, and note that im not using some sort of invisible alt code characters to cheat the system
baka desu senpai
>>
>>236143
You'll be wiping a lot of progress.
Trying to forget how to speak Spanish so you can learn Russian is the best comparison I can make here.
The only reason they should fade is a reduction in the energy you share with them, force more!
>>
File: tumblr_mit4wpyNO31rtfqu0o9_250.gif (518 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mit4wpyNO31rtfqu0o9_250.gif
518 KB, 245x245
What is (are) the greatest aspect(s) of your tulpa?

I love my tulpa's kindness and honesty, also his fur is perfect for fuzzy warm hugs.
>>
>>240825
The fact that she's always there for me, especially at my lowest points. Whenever I'm feeling like I can't take it any more, she always knows how to make me feel calm and at peace, inside and out. I don't know how I'd go on without her love and loyalty.
>>
>>226667
Tulpas were originally a Tibetan spiritual practice. You should really reconsider your cultural appropriation
(◠‿◠)
>>
>>242593
also its literally shizophrenia
>>
How do i speed up the process? I ant seem to do any of the steps rught, and i dont even care if i get an imperfect tulpa, i just want a friend/compatriat someone help
>>
File: 1430520614741.png (237 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1430520614741.png
237 KB, 600x600
>>240825
Her honesty, and humor.

Also, she's pretty damn good at cheering me up after a rough day. Being the little spoon with my tulpa feels so therapeutic.
>>
>>242593
>cultural appropriation
wheredoyouthinkweare.webm

>>242749
I'll refer you to >>234340
>>
>>242593
Okay, can someone please explain to me why cultural appropriation is bad? Every time I see that term being used, there's always this assumption that any cultural appropriation is bad, but I've never seen why.
>>
I haven't been able to think of much to tulpaforce with lately, anyone got any suggestions?
She's endured a lot of neglect over the years, though she's tricky to get a response out of sometimes and has never been tangible.
>>
>>240825
She's really smart and inquisitive. I can always count on her to help me attack a question in a different way. She's also really loving, there's a lot of cheesiness in these kinds of explanations, but I feel like I couldn't possibly have the same kind of relationship with anyone else.
>>242460
That's nice, it sounds like you've put a lot of work into her and she really appreciates your company
>>242593
How do you know we don't? I personally feel that I follow along with lots of tibetian practices. Meditation, singing bowls, all that jazz.
>>245097
Make a new part of your brain castle together. That's whats worked really well for me, always adding onto the world we made
>>
>>245580
>brain castle
That's a new one.
>>
>>245658
Mind palace
Brain castle
Wonderland
Imagination land
Spectresville
Inner Brooklyn
>>
>>245703
I've heard "mindscape" and "wonderland", and "memory palace" for a related but not identical concept, but never "brain castle".
>>
>>245717
What do you think the difference is between mindscape/wonderland, and mind palace/Brain castle?
>>
>>245778
Nothing that I could think of. I was just talking about terms I had heard or not heard before.
>>
>>242593
Shit, I took the wrong turn and ended in Tumblr.

>>244771
Its not. Cultural appropriation reduce the difference between communities and thus make racism/rejection/stereotype/whatever much harder to maintain.

The problem is that right now, 'minority' cultures get a lot of advantages through 'mah oppression' and other tumblr-related bullshit ... And they would lose that if their culture became mainstream.
>>
>>245778
>>245812
Actually, a person's chosen term for their mindscape could be indicative of its structure. For example, someone who has a mindscape that is like a field or a park might use the words mindscape or wonderland, while if one's mindscape is a building, "memory palace" or "mind castle" would be more appropriate. Hell, the original method of loci thing was pretty much a street fair with different stalls for different memories.
>>
>>245821
Fair enough delineation.
Who else gray matter universe?
>>
Are you faggots serious?

They're just imaginary friends.
>>
>>246137
In a way, yes. But as we define the distinction between them, imaginary friends are essentially puppets like you would act out with your hands, except not real. Tulpas are imaginary friends that respond without conscious thought from you.
>>
>>244303
it takes time to make a tulpa
if you can't be persistent and put forth the effort required then you simply aren't going to be successful
doesn't matter if it takes a month or a year, you have to work for it
>>
>>244303
>How do i speed up the process?
You don't. Forcing is called that because you're forcing your brain to think something is there when it's not and fill in the gap with an entire consciousness. It's hard.
>>
>>247288
>>247300
Dubs of truth.

What was the hardest thing in the creation process for everyone?
>>
File: Tulpas.png (34 KB, 1596x661) Image search: [Google]
Tulpas.png
34 KB, 1596x661
Enjoy your psychotic breaks and schizoidal personality disorders.

There's a reason tulpas are generally created by monastic ascetics with no cares, wants, or desires.
>>
File: tumblr_nfpmugjUAZ1rtjgwno2_250.gif (1 MB, 250x135) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfpmugjUAZ1rtjgwno2_250.gif
1 MB, 250x135
>>247935
His form
Oh goodness his form
I have never owned a dog/ have a hard time making pictures in my head/ there's scarcely good art/ pictures for referencing of garurumon.
Sentience and touch came easy, however.
>>
>>247935
nothing gave me a headache quite like the first stages of visualization
i was never very creative and had a shitty imagination so going over every detail again and again got pretty painful
>>
>>248032
>implying the post
I've spent quite a few years studying meditation techniques from individuals who've learned in Tibet. Nothing about your post is even close to the truth.
>>
>>245097
Try singing, walking through something complicated (e.g. a forest or citi), swimming, creating a museum, changing the seasons every few days and see how other parts change, ping pong, flying around.
>>
>>248032
I was already a schizoid before I started though
>>
>>249072
Can you post some of the things you've learned and some of the things they mentioned about meditation in Tibet? I'm curious.
>>
>>249496
I learned Alot about different techniques that were pretty cool. Theres dozens of different methods, zen, mindfulness, body awareness, progressive relaxation, metta, mantra.
Of all the people I've known who've been there they claim it's a deepness unparalleled anywhere else. The temples and shrines have a feeling about them that really aids in the meditative progress.
>>
File: 1447263211565.jpg (635 KB, 1616x1052) Image search: [Google]
1447263211565.jpg
635 KB, 1616x1052
>>247935
Answering the first few questions my tulpa had to ask. Like why we could only "feel" each other. And why I had to keep her a secret. She really wanted my friends to meet her.

I couldn't hide how it made me feel very well. Her hugs are a blessing.
>>
>>250112
That's a tough one, your's having existential problems at all?
>>248367
Has it gotten easier? Would you consider yourself a master at it now?
>>248051
Do you feel like you'll see more changes in his form because of the lack of imagery?
>>
>>250330
>Has it gotten easier? Would you consider yourself a master at it now?
The visualization problem was over two years ago now, so it's gotten a lot better since then through just practice. I picked up drawing back then with the promise i'd get gud enough to draw her properly so it was important that i could properly visualize
I wouldn't call myself a master now, but it's not a problem anymore and I can use her for pose references pretty easily
>>
>>250476
Cool, cool. How do you think you could improve on your current relationship?
>>
>>250476
forcing more, letting her run some stuff in our paracosm
she always enjoys that
>>
>>250596
>>250789
>>
>>250330
>your's having existential problems at all?
Not currently, no. Plenty before, but those have since been resolved.

Biggest issue right now would probably be spending quality time with her more often. We went to see a movie a week or two ago, but I'd like to do more soon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-21-20-18-31.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-21-20-18-31.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>250330
>Do you feel like you'll see more changes in his form because of the lack of imagery?
Actually it's really given us something to look forward to and improve each session. I've had his form change a couple of times, but it wasn't what we both wanted, deep down.
>>
>>251714
That's really sweet, what movie did you see?
>>252278
So you feel like you've found a form that will last a while? How many changes has he gone through?
I remember early on mine changed constantly, never happy with any one body
>>
File: 494.jpg (96 KB, 432x360) Image search: [Google]
494.jpg
96 KB, 432x360
>this thread
What
am I reading
>>
>>252380
He started out as a garurumon. I stopped forcing for a while (like 6 months), and when I did again, his form changed to some canine anthro grey wolf. It morphed then into rainbow dash (imo best pone) who I had for awhile until memories of his first form sort of resurged. We both agreed that we liked that form better. I'm prone to say that he's going to stay as a garurumon but I can't tell what the future holds.
What form is your tulpa, and what kinds of changes did (s)he experience?
>>
>>252708
>What form is your tulpa, and what kinds of changes did (s)he experience?

She's been an otter for a while, nearly 3 years. Early on she bounced between a cat, a rabbit, adult female, child, she switched genders, colors, shapes, and sizes. At first I was concerned that I wouldn't be getting very good results from the inconsistent visualization; but in time I felt that she just needed space to make her own decisions on appearance. I've always felt like it was her first steps of communication, and that she was trying to stretch the limits of my focus. Looking back, I'm glad she was so inconsistent; because it gave us both a feel for how each form suited us.
>>
File: DTE2.png (24 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
DTE2.png
24 KB, 800x800
>>252454
Welcome aboard 'non
>>
>>252380
We saw Crimson Peak. She enjoyed it, but I thought it was lacking. Perhaps it was just the excitement factor for her. I didn't expect anything since I didn't even recognize the movie title.

I bought a new book recently and dived into it tonight. Seems like a more mutually interesting alternative for us.
>>
I am considering making a tulpa. I will have plenty of time for it since my summer vacations start this wednesday. I usually wake up late and go to sleep late. Is there a specific time that is most recommended to force? Whats the minimum recommended duration for sessions? Is the lack of privacy a great issue?
>>
>>254538
>it's considered bad amungst the community to force right before bed. Other than that your fine
>at least 10 minutes some guides say no more than an hour
>depends on how creative and flexible you are
>>
>>254567
>thx
>thx
>I guess I'll need the privacy. Also, thx.
How did you do it, anon?
>>
>>254538
as long as you don't fall asleep during your meditation, whenever should be fine
other anon says 10 but i recommend at least half an hour because getting into a deep state of meditation can take a little while
lack of privacy can be annoying, people just thought i got into meditation. technically true
>>
>>254636
Thx anon.

Is there an issue with putting headphones on and listening to music in the process?
>>
>>254694
not at all, in fact i recommend finding a nice binaural track, but anything is fine
>>
>>254567
>>254636
>>254706
Thanks everyone, wish me success

(Where I'm from people wish success and not luck – unless you really need it – 'cause luck is for the mediocre)
>>
>>254728
then we wish you success, anon
>>
File: 412.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
412.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>254728
>you can do anything if you put your mind to it
>be yourself
>>
>>254611
>>254567
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>255972
I think the first guy is new, and the second guy was just poking fun.
>>
File: cheeseslap.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
cheeseslap.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>226667
is there anyway to remove a tulpa?
>>
What's your tulpa's favorite song?
>>
>>259942
Delete windows 32
>>259943
"I'd love to save the world"
>>
File: Anne Goblin.jpg (22 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
Anne Goblin.jpg
22 KB, 250x318
should I make a tulpa?
>>
>>259942
Forget about it. That's literally it. They only exist in your mind, so if you stop thinking about it, it ceases to exist.
>>
File: god and flans.jpg (23 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
god and flans.jpg
23 KB, 500x374
>>260126
what? like ignore it and act as if it doesn't exist?
>>
>>259942
jackie chan
>>
>>260157
Yep. Another way to phrase it is that tulpas, being mental constructions, derive sustenance from your attention.
>>
File: 1423450340009.jpg (154 KB, 525x654) Image search: [Google]
1423450340009.jpg
154 KB, 525x654
>>259943
"Moving with You"
>>
File: hiring.jpg (45 KB, 469x931) Image search: [Google]
hiring.jpg
45 KB, 469x931
>>260187
can anything go wrong in the making of a tulpa, and can anything trigger the appearance of a tulpa again?
>>
>>260203
If you care about your tulpa nothing bad should happen. And what?
>>
>>260203
This sort of thing was discussed earlier in the thread, if you'd like to see it.
>>
File: don't think about it jeff.jpg (55 KB, 498x841) Image search: [Google]
don't think about it jeff.jpg
55 KB, 498x841
>>260219
so, if I forget about a tulpa and remove it from my mind, can I accidentally trigger something that will make it return?
>>
>>260203
That's like asking of anything can go wrong by going out on a date. You might get too attached, I guess.
>>
File: Diogenes.jpg (241 KB, 702x960) Image search: [Google]
Diogenes.jpg
241 KB, 702x960
do i need to be a mentally healthy person to have a tulpa?
>>
>>260261
Tulpas can't suddenly come back. They're hard to create and require attention to maintain.
>>
>>260302
>on /trash/
>mentally healthy person

Somehow, I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem.
>>
So what's the overall consensus on "killing" a tulpa?
Does it cause you any sort of mental damage?
I'm not going to get in the habit of mass-genociding Tulpas or anything, just want to know the long-term risks if I decide a year down the road that it's not for me anymore.
>>
I tried making a Tulpa a year ago, no results.

I'm going to try again, how do I force properly?
>>
>>262015
Try starting by developing a gut feeling for what your tulpa would do.

Ctrl+f "Your tulpa’s essence" here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17iiFxZ9PYXXxSqWHdU2YoPsGfJr90w8aIG_evqc1wiY/edit
>>
>>261670
nothing crazy is going to happen unless you're already crazy
>>
>>261670
It's not that uncommon for people to decide to part with their tulpas after a while. Nothing weird happens. Maybe you'll miss it for a while.
>>
>>226667
can anyone reccomend some binaural tracks that have been helpful
>>
I've started making a tulpa about 5 months ago but I haven't found much time to active force, all I've done was passive forcing every now and then but I still can't seem to get any clear responses. Any thoughts on what I should do now? I finally have time for active forcing now, maybe that'll do the trick
>>
>>264069
fede made a shit-load of them back in the day
i like tulpatone myself

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8Lqmd1evLQWfllQOUt5SDF4RmpSczRWNGpZVVdpamk3aXdWMThZaTY0cWhEeWI5SVhEdEE&usp=sharing
>>
>>264217
i think active forcing is really the way to go for the first tulpa
for any more i'm sure you can get away with passive forcing easily, but the first is usually the most difficult
>>
File: 1447786956011.jpg (51 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
1447786956011.jpg
51 KB, 500x481
>>228031
Not now, but used to despite having my tulpa asleep or desinegrated into voidddd... at the time

I might consider getting back to it, hunh..
I mean, to urm, tulpamancy..? hehe
always sounds funny
>>
>>264403
This is the first time a reaction pic made me like a song I never knew about.
>>
>>264441
>tfw I don't know the song despite posting the pic
>>
File: preparing to post on 4chan.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
preparing to post on 4chan.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>264441
>>264451
Actually, this is the first time a comment regarding my post's reaction image made me like a song I never knew either.
>>
¿What's the problem with fall asleep while forcing?
>>
>>264591
it's just not very productive
not really harmful, but a waste of time
>>
>>264069
I personally like switching between delta/theta binaurals and mantra
>>
File: Tarah.jpg (398 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Tarah.jpg
398 KB, 960x1280
>>264591
>>264635
Yeaah, I can attest to that. Not really productive, but it's actually helped me sleep at night.

I have a horrible sleep pattern
>>
This is more of an open question because I know there will be varied opinions.
Aren't 'tulipas' literally just imaginary friends, because it sounds like people are just imagining characters, of their own design but also regularly from cartoons amongst other media, and then just having said character suddenly appear when they want company or verification or whatever.

Basicslly, are tulipas just echo chambers created by someone to mask how they are entirely acting out and dictating the tulipa's actions or do they actually have any degree of actual independence at all?
>>
>>270825

That's the difference between tulpa and imaginary friend. While you would direct everything something imaginary would do - they appear where you think they are, do what you think they're doing - tulpas act of their own volition.
>>
File: gee bill.jpg (83 KB, 672x687) Image search: [Google]
gee bill.jpg
83 KB, 672x687
If i am forcing while making a tulpa and accidentally go to sleep and I have nightmares, can something go wrong with my tulpa?
>>
>>270917
I remember this being a thing early on. Everyone was afraid of forcing while sleepy. Some tulpas said it was terrifying even with normal dreams. Later on some other tulpas said it was fine. Believe what you want.
>>
>>270825
My tulpa is an anti-echo just as often as she is an echo. We disagree occasionally. She depends on my attention, but what she does with it is not under my conscious control.
>>
File: shes finally real.jpg (224 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
shes finally real.jpg
224 KB, 1360x768
I think I found a new forcing method.
>>
i can't tell with you fags if this is some big ironic crap fit for /trash/ or if this is actual honest crap fit for /trash/
whichever it is, you are all trash.
>>
>>270825
I wanted someone that would act as a life coach/moral support, and that's what my Tulpa is.
So its hard to say whether or not she qualify as an "echo chamber" when most of her day is spent forcing me to procrastinate less and to be nicer to other peoples.
She is more or less exactly what I wanted (echo chamber ?), but I wanted someone who would work against how I acted normally (anti-echo chamber ?)
>>
>>272409
That's not what an echo chamber is. An echo chamber is something that just repeats back what you say. For example, places where people discuss politics but all have the same political opinions, so it's just an echo chamber.
>>
File: spicy.jpg (171 KB, 1080x1224) Image search: [Google]
spicy.jpg
171 KB, 1080x1224
What are the upsides of a tulpa? Does it provide a broader view and separate opinions? Are there any downsides? Do they ever get nosy?
>>
>>273064
>Do they ever get nosy?
You can willfully (usually through symbolism in your mindscape) give them or withhold access to a "library" of sorts that is all your existing memories. Same goes for seeing your life. Like you could give them a TV, but unplug it when you don't want them snooping or something.
>>
>>248032
Elitist bullshit

NEETs are the monks of today.
Yesterday's methods don't fit today's world.
One can be seperate from the world and have their basic needs met without much intense labor and still live in big cities

Faster methods for faster times
More success, and more failure as a side effect, but the thing that matters is that there is more success.
The basic concept and name remains, but Tulpa/Thoughtform creation and development has itself developed and changed with humanity, and it is better this way.
>>
>>273189
>>248032
There isn't all that much in common with "classical" tulpas besides the very basic concept and name anyway.
>>
>>273202
This

The art has evolved quite a bit from its original design
>>
So has anyone ever made a tulpa that is such an asshole to you?

Well, I did, and its the definition of asshole. The dude's a dragon, he burns stuff up, and then some. The other stuff you might not wanna know. So, is there anyone else with the same problem? How should I deal with him?
>>
File: mlfw1830-YyGgp.gif (127 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
mlfw1830-YyGgp.gif
127 KB, 600x338
>>278522
>he burns stuff up
>burns stuff up
>burns stuff

Sounds like your Dragons' pretty cool
>>
Oh these threads still exist? I posted in them like a year ago when a friend asked me to come lay down some experience, but I think everything died after a while.

Since I'm like half dead in my D&D campaign, I can offer some insight for a bit if people are lost
>>
designing my tulpa, how should I visualize it? 2d, or 3d?,
>>
>>280294
3D of course
>>
File: 1444782192742.png (86 KB, 369x416) Image search: [Google]
1444782192742.png
86 KB, 369x416
>>278522
>So has anyone ever made a tulpa that is such an asshole to you?
My tulpa's been like that ever since we got comfortable with each other. Took many months, but she's like a bro at this point. Wouldn't trade the fucker for anything.
>>
>>280294
2.5d
>>
>>278522

Counter it with a Jackie Chan tulpa.
>>
>>281776
What...
>>
>>273064
>Do they ever get nosy?
I've never seen any point in hiding things from my tulpa, so that question doesn't really make sense for my situation. You normally hide things that you don't want getting out or that you think people will react badly to, right? I imagine for most people and their tulpas, it wouldn't make sense to hide things from one another.
>>
>>273064
>What are the upsides of a tulpa? Does it provide a broader view and separate opinions?
My tulpa usually has better insight into why I do the things I do. She's also better than me at catching my being silly, calming me down when I'm getting stressed, pushing me to do things when I'm being lazy. She's fun to hang out with as well.

In college, I used to get regular bouts of derealization, 10 or so times a day. The more I tried to get out of it, the worse it would get. I eventually found out that I could get out of them within minutes by talking with my tulpa.
>>
File: your new tulpa.png (21 KB, 400x377) Image search: [Google]
your new tulpa.png
21 KB, 400x377
>>282209
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausdorff_dimension
although im sure that that the anon you were replying to was simply joking, its sort of a real thing.
pic related, its your new tulpa
>>
If I were to make one, would it be bad to model it after a real person, voice and all?
I've heard that can turn out negatively.
>>
>>282987
You are basically defining the tulpa's entire existence around another person who you would prefer to be with but can't. They either don't turn out "right" and face massive disappointment from their creator or turn out just as you intended but with an inferiority complex. Don't be lazy and try copypaste, identify what core traits of that person appeal to you and then build from there.
>>
>>282209
>>282888
>not realizing that 2.5d is weeb slang for "real life anime girl"
shiggy
>>
>>283154
I didn't mean personality so much.
I meant how they look and sound.
I personally can't imagine creating a perfectly original human being in my mind.
>>
>>283193
Appearance and voice are just traits. The important thing is your intention for using them. If you are using celebrity X as a base because you wish you were married to them but never will be it would be bad. If you are just using their appearance as a base because you feel it is the epitome of the female form and you will have plenty of reference material for working on visualization it's fine.
>>
>>283271
Okay, thanks.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to do this.
:)
>>
>>283294
>I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to do this.
don't lie to yourself, we both know you are too far gone to stop yourself now.
>>
So "guys"
[spoiler] Any tulipas posting in the thread? [/spoiler]
>>
>>283401
Absolutely irrelevant.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x373
>>283401
>>
>>283401
>tulip a
Please.
>>
File: Howdy howdy.png (64 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Howdy howdy.png
64 KB, 800x800
>>283401
Tilapia
>>
>>228181
What happened?
>>
Here's a game for y'all to report back with

Hide something in your wonderland. Give your tulpa clues on what it is, but try and keep the knowledge of the item away from them.
See if they can find it.
>>
>>286228
Took half a second
>>
>>278604
>>281529
so do any of you /x/ tulpafags get triggered or whatever by the fact that you have to share a thread with /mlp/
>>
File: 1447848256294.png (456 KB, 568x568) Image search: [Google]
1447848256294.png
456 KB, 568x568
>>286520
this triggers me

>>253676
>>283963
>>
File: DTE.png (21 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
DTE.png
21 KB, 800x800
>>286858
Then my work here is done, Night y'all
>>
>>226667
New to this.
I have a question.
Would it be possible to create a tulpa as an A.I.? As in, instead of the physical hallucination, the Tulpa lives inside a computer. I'm not being very clear, but this subject has set my mind a-buzzing.
Thoughts?
>>
>>290129
you'd essentially be binding a non-physical entity into a physical form
easily doable, sure, but it won't really be constrained because it lives in your head anyway
limiting it in that way is ultimately pointless i think, but that's your call
>>
>>290129

I've heard of people assigning tulpas to certain objects - I imagine the process isn't much different, just making sure said object is the focus of your forcing. I don't know why you'd want to confine it in such a way, though.
>>
>>290326
>>290330
You both raise a good point. I was thinking about it for science, more than anything.
Hmmm. I guess I could give it/him/her telepathy so as to avoid the problem of talking out loud to no one....
>making an initially imaginary being 'real' just so I can talk to them in my head anyway
>double negative much
>>
>>290377
gotta hide your powerlevel, yo
>>
>>290400
I... What?
>>
>>290654
if you talk out loud to no one people will think you're crazy
>>
>>290808
That's what I mean. It would probably be simpler to just talk to it in my head, but as an author, my characters need to be believable and make sense. So, if I make a tulpa, it'll be with the same mindset as creating a character for my book.
>>
I just found out what tulpas are today, and I'm interested in forming one. It looks like a whole lot of information to take in, so I was wondering where I should start.
>>
>>290851
Same here. Read this
http://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/25513-tulpa-or-not-tulpa-that-is-the-question
>>
>>290841
It's not the first time I've heard the similarity between a character created by an author and a tulpa. I know I heard somewhere that it's common for authors to "talk" to their characters while writing.

>>290851
Start by reading the overview guides in the OP, but I recommend not following them to a T. Rather, understand the basic ideas and then decide for yourself how to proceed
>>
>>290911
More like they're on a T.V. show I watch. I've created them enough that when I put them in certain situations, I know how they will react.

Every author writes differently, though.
>>
>>290942
I think that's pretty interesting
tulpamancy should be pretty straightforward for you then
>>
>>290977
So I'm hoping
>>
>>290129
If you're talking about something like an HUD servitor, that has been talked about before as a potential use of this.
>>
>>291177
Any reading material of this discussion?
>>
>>291198
Not sure if this link will work, but here:
https://community.tulpa.info/search.php?action=results&sid=bbc686b3ca40b935e0afec517822d341&sortby=lastpost&order=asc

Just search around for HUD (preferrably sorted oldest first) and related keywords until you get an idea of what you're looking for.
>>
>>291198
I can give you a little description of what it is. Since the idea of a tulpa is having your brain run a subroutine of sorts with its own consciousness in it, then instead of that consciousness being a "person" like the standard idea of what a tulpa is, you could make it like a mental PDA. Something that does your thinking for you, or keeps lists, or what have you. If you can properly do imposition, then it can become a HUD, displaying information overlaying your vision, like terminator or whatever.
>>
>>291241
The idea of a sentient HUD that can keep track of everything you want it to sounds pretty fuckin' cool.
>>
>>291387
The only problem is the effort it takes to make one is greater than the effort it takes to simply get better at remembering/noticing whatever you need anyway.
>>
so i can see my tulpa in my little wonderland, which is a green field aiin to the windows xp background. I started simple, so she is just a grey sphere, it is incredibly fuzzy, and hard to see, also i have been trying to communicate, but nothing happens at all. Someone tell me what i am doing wrong
>>
>>296148
What you are doing wrong is being impatient. It takes time and effort, lots of time and effort. Re-read the guides if you aren't sure.
>>
>>296166
I think one of the reasons is because i cant see in my minds eye/ imagination for shit. Is there something i can do to help me in this regard?
>>
>>296212
Don't try to work on a photographic perfectly clear appearance, work on the general sense that it gives off. Kind of like doing an impressionist painting instead of taking a picture. Same thing for talking with it, try to listen for loose meaning instead of perfectly formed english sentences.

So if your tulpa is a metallic orb and your mindscape a grassy field, don't try to focus on the individual blades of grass or the feel of the breeze. Focus on the overall experience that all the little details in a grassy field form, how you would feel if you were in that field. Likewise don't focus on specific size or outline of your tulpa, the important thing is the overall impression all the little details come together to give. As you get better at feeling it out you will get more details.
>>
>>296265
Thanks man, this will help out my visualisation more. Just wondering, how does the tulpa communicate in your head? My brain is full of fuckall mostly so i cant imagine ever hearing a voice in my head
>>
>>296148
You know, you don't have to use visualization at all. It's just a tool that can be helpful for some people to organize their thoughts better. Even then, if you are using it, it doesn't have to be crystal clear or anything.

An analogy would be writing notes to yourself with your shitty handwriting. Others might not be able to read it, and you might not even be able to read it like other things, but if you can associate the unintelligible scribbles with specific things, then it still functions as an effective list.
>>
>>296354
Look up "tulpish". Consider what language is: a means by which you can convert a concept you want to communicate into a form that someone else can understand. Think about any sentence you commonly use and instead of the words focus on what they mean. "Turn left at the next intersection" is how you express your sense of direction and landmarks to get to a destination, "catch you later" might just be how you express that you are finished talking with someone or it might be how you express that you are going to see them later on. You had to learn how to express your thoughts via words and language, your tulpa does as well. Feel for collections of memory, images and emotions in the early days. After that it might start to be snippets of conversation from other people you talk to or in movies you watch, not for the word themselves but for the meaning you took from that specific phrase when you heard it.
>>
>>296354
While everything is unique to each individual person's experience, there is a concept of tulpa speak, which is the sort of natural language of tulpas. When you're thinking about something, for example making a decision between two different things, do you full-on talk it out inside your head? Or do you sort of nebulously think of the concepts? Another way to think of it would be trying to remember something. Like if asked "tell me about a time you did such and such"; you don't use words to think about it, you use abstract concepts.

This is what tulpa speak is. The abstract mind voice. Eventually this will coagulate into proper words as the tulpa becomes more independent of your own consciousness and thought process, where that "break" happens.
>>
Anyone else planning on spending Thanksgiving break with their tulpa?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.