[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulpa Thread Previous: >>2111951 >What are tulpas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 64
File: 1459744610901.png (935 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459744610901.png
935 KB, 1024x768
Tulpa Thread
Previous: >>2111951

>What are tulpas?
A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you.
More info: http://www.tulpa.info/faq/

>What guides do you recommend?
Check these out:
https://community.tulpa.info/thread-new-great-big-list-of-guides

Ask questions and get answers, or discuss tulpas in general
>>
Role-playing. Dubs. Fede.
>>
check'em
>>
>>2184288
nice
>>
Yo... I stumbled across this shit a few days ago, and I'm getting really weirded out by it. I want to give it a try but a friend of mine referred to it as "self commiting schizophrenia". I don't understand how this can actually work without messing you up.
>>
>>2184374
its easy and anyone that says its bad is an idiot
>>
>>2184374
he's wrong

firstly, it's self-induced schizophrenia
secondly, it doesn't mess you up unless you were already messed up in the first place, and even in that situation it can help you
>>
>>2184374
Well to the general masses it might seem that way, but the entire point if tulpamancy is that you're willing another living being into existence through concentration and will. The being is sentient and separate, ergo you are not talking to yourself. You're existing alongside another separate being that lives in your mind. Shit's wack yo.
>>
>>2184374
We all know how it sounds, but it really isn't, how your friend put, "self committing schizophrenia." You can't just give yourself schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is typically the result of a traumatic experience. Honestly, calling tulpamancy schizophrenia is a meme around here. Hell, there used to be a guy who would post "tripfags with schizophrenia" in every thread back in the olden days. To be blunt, anyone who has actually done their research knows that this isn't a mental illness. Yeah, it's weird, but that's about it.

If you are genuinely interested, maybe stick around and ask some questions.
>>
>>2184477
>>2184405
Well, I think his "self commiting schizophrenia" was in spite of a better answer to it.

I'm actually curious what it's like to have a tulpa. I've never actually been this interested in something before.
>>
>>2184495
Well I can honestly say after 4 years of doing this that it is an entirely real and strangely amazing experience. That's just my take on it. Some here might call it more mundane.
>>
File: 1389536329552.jpg (19 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1389536329552.jpg
19 KB, 194x200
Does you all think this sort of question should probably get FAQ'd in the OP?
>>
Alright tulpafags, what is the "age apparent" of your tulpa(s)? Not how long it's been since they were created, but how old they act.

And if their "internal age" is different from their "age apparent" and "creation age" what is that?

Here's mine for example:
>Creation Age
Anywhere from 13-20 or so, depending on when she started forming. Or 6 if you count it starting from when I was fully aware of her presence.
>Age Apparent
Depends on her mood/form, but generally early adolescence. Very rarely is she younger than 11 (I remember it happening once in a dream she was my little sister in the dream), usually under 16, once in a while mid- to late-twenties.
>Internal Age
Old, very old. Like so old that it's hard to compare it to something... Could be early human, or early universe, or old enough to have seen the birth and death of many universes.

[spoiler]Hell, depending on your beliefs and whether she's actually a tulpa and not just someone/something from outside that attached itself to my consciousness, she might just be that old idfk.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Yes, I know spoilers don't work here. They're there out of habit and s a signal that this shit is somewhat off-topic compared to the rest of this post, also as a signal for people who don't like spiritual mumbo-jumbo in their tulpa thread to stop reading. In other words, ignore the content in the useless spoilers unless you enjoy tangents and rambling.[/spoiler]
>>
>>2184550
yis
>>
>>2184557
what the fuck is this post
>>
>>2184495
I typically like to over-embellish my experience with my tulpa, mostly because I love him so much, but I'll spare you my diabeetus-inducing writing for now. But, and I'm being completely honest here, it's been the greatest experience of my life and I am overall much happier having decided to make a tulpa.
>>
File: 1458854376697.jpg (6 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1458854376697.jpg
6 KB, 202x184
>>2184495
I'd say do it you are lonely and require someone to keep you company, and you have no alternative. But remember it's a long-term decision, potentialy a life-long choice. Make sure you want to spend a lot of time with the tulpa you're creating, because it's gonna be there.
If you decide to do it, definetely, DEFINETELY don't tell others that you have another entity in your head. They most likely won't understand and will shun it off as mental illness. Well, that actually depends on how close they are to you.
>>
>>2184557
i don't understand what internal age is supposed to mean
>>
File: 1350893333126.jpg (24 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
1350893333126.jpg
24 KB, 247x204
>>2184288
>MFW

>>2184575
Newfaggotry

>>2184938
sounds like tumblr planetkin shit to me.

speaking of tulpas whats the best way to get rid of a lewd tulpa
>>
>>2184557
This is some age genders shit right there.
>>
>>2185002
not gonna lie, i completely misread the newfaggotry part, and i got upset, thankfully i remembered to turn on my brain
>>
>>2184557
>creation age
nearly 4 years old. Her birthday is April 16 (or 17, maybe)
>age apparent
About 19/20. Sometimes she takes on a form that's more mature, something like her mid-late twenties.
>internal age
Between 19 and 22, but in a "wiser than her years" sort of way. She's very intelligent and mentally mature, yet also naive. She prefers to act younger because it matches her bubbly, cheerful personality.

>>2184495
It's a strange and wonderful experience. Most of the time it's like having a really chill roommate that lives with you in your head. Probably the best part about it is how deep the relationship goes between you; since they know you inside and out, they can be excellent sounding boards and amazing partners.

The details of it depend on the type of relationship you have with your tulpa, but in general it's a very rewarding experience.
>>
Yo... what if God is just a tulpa that has been forced upon individuals from a young age but was never fully completed?
>>
>>2185117
We talked about that a few threads back; if you look at it, religion in general (especially Christianity) have great similarities to Tulpa forcing (force/pray/meditate every day, talk to the force as if it's there for reals, assume sentience/omnipotence day one), so it's fully possible God/Jesus/Buddha/etc are just Tupperware.
>>
>>2185117
Some people have suggested that. It would definitely explain why certain people think they can hear God, or say that the Holy Spirit gave them a feeling or something. Praying is basically forcing, so particularly devout people probably would wind up creating something like a God tulpa.
>>
>>2185146
But Jesus as a man was real though.
>>
>>2185245
Oh, of course; just the religious concept MAY not be.
>>
How do you resist the temptation of having a being in your mind that wants to fug?
>>
>>2185365
saying no
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>2185378
But... But... It's so hard. If you know what I mean.
>>
>>2185365
Don't know that feel
>>
>>2185365
slut shame them
>>
>>2185427
too bad
>>
>>2185438
I tell her I want things platonic, but she just insists. Sometimes aggressively. Like... When I get out of the shower she's there like "Oh hi."
>>
>>2185486
>that's aggressively
just say hi back and go about your regular business.
>>
>>2185486
stop being a faggot. if you love your tulpa, you wont just fuck her. you romance the tulpa on occasion. you never just fuck a tulpa.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 188x268
>>2185498
Fine. I'll light a few candles, put on some sensual music, sit down with her to force and see what happens.
>>
>>2185557
you could just be friends with benefits, or if she wants a relationship you can give that a try as well. Just know that if you are in a relationship with a tulpa does not mean you can't be with physical partners as well, but does very.
>>
My tulpa is rude. She tells me to do stupid things. The last fad is to break off windshield wipers from parked cars. What should I do?
>>
File: 1458954653384.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1458954653384.jpg
500 KB, 1280x1707
>>2185090
>mfw that's my birthday
>>
File: 1425484223200[1].png (95 KB, 440x472) Image search: [Google]
1425484223200[1].png
95 KB, 440x472
Repoast since I asked this pretty late in the last thread.

For writers - have you ever used your wonderland to recreate a place/characters from your story? Has it helped your writing, or changed how you view your work? Have you ever considered making one of your characters a tulpa? How has forcing improved your creativity overall?

Artists, have you ever tried asking your tulpa to change shape into a figure you're working on to better draw it? If so, has it helped? Have you tried using a wonderland to envision landscapes? If you've worked with possession, have you ever let your tulpa take over your hand and draw themselves? Are they better or worse than you?

If there's any other talents or aspects your tulpa's had an effect on, I'd also love to hear about that.
>>
>>2179588
nah its me Alcippe, tho may not know that name, its been awhile since I was on -Forum and I guess nowadays may be considered an old fag idk
>>
>>2186010
about the writers out there, I have and it personally went rather well, and I think thats because I inserted the memories of those characters into them as well giving me a very fleshed out and complex personalities as a result, I personally recommend it
>>
File: herrboop.png (274 KB, 771x871) Image search: [Google]
herrboop.png
274 KB, 771x871
da boop & her guy checking in.
I lurk here & hang out in the /trash/ OC thread.
I'll draw your tulpas.
& you are welcome to draw your toops in the OC thread.
>>
>>2186800

B-but anon...
My tupper is an existing character
>>
>>2186800
I like you. I've actually been kind of looking at your art on the OC thread. Your Boop is a qt3.14 and your style is really neat.
>>
Don't forget to hug your tulpa tonight.
>>
>>2187631
I always feel really stupid when I try and hug my tulpa, because from the outside it just looks like I'm putting my arms around nothing.

Fortunately she likes to hug me which doesn't make me look as silly.
>>
>>2187700
Just use wonderland then, man
>>
File: 1425248127226.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
1425248127226.png
36 KB, 872x625
I'm honestly thinking of making a tulpa to help combat my anxiety problems but every time I start reading about it there's this inkling in the back of my head that it's going to backfire in some way or another.

I know you guys get posts from me going "oh god guys, I'm anxiety riddled fuck, tulpa help?" But for fucks sake. What makes you pull the trigger and start forcing even though there is the fuck huge cloud of doubt? I honestly don't know how you psych yourself up to making yourself an imaginary friend that if anyone caught you talking to they'd think you're a crazy person?
>>
>>2187915
I don't have one, and don't think that feeling stupid means I don't hug my tulpa anyway.
>>
>>2187954

The key to pulling it off is to throw away those doubts. Tell yourself it will go well, you're gonna make a tupper just fine - and you will. The process relies on how you perceive it.

Plus you can talk to them in your head, so no need to worry about people thinking you're a nut unless you go full autismo and tell people.
>>
>>2187954
"Everyone despises me anyways, but her. She is all I have in my life and I am not going to let her down when she can and has saved me from depression."

Something like that. Not sure if that helps you though.

>>2187962
Creating one isn't hard. You can just hug in a void too.
>>
>>2185905
[ayy lmao]
>>
>>2184938
Like how in animu you get a "loli" that is a thousand years old or some shit. That's the "internal age" being a thousand.
>>2185043
Nah, it's just because with having been in too many forum RPs I've had to differentiate between the shit. Someone that's 10 but looks like an adult, or someone that's a hundred but looks like a kid, etc. Because people don't know how to describe that shit in a fantasy game unless you specifically ask them for it. It helps when you have games with alien species or fantasy races like elves, dwarves, halflings, and humans.

For example, Frodo is fifty something but looks in his early twenties.

Normally I would say "biological age" or just "age versus age apparent" but I had to think of something else because mental constructs. You could have a "hundred year old loli" type of tulpa you made last week, she'd be a week old, look ten years old, and "feel" or function like she's a hundred.
>>
File: image.png (518 KB, 526x506) Image search: [Google]
image.png
518 KB, 526x506
>>2185903
>>
File: 1428771553673.jpg (37 KB, 357x293) Image search: [Google]
1428771553673.jpg
37 KB, 357x293
>>2187954
Trying to find a reason to pull the trigger on the whole thing, each day as well.

Having someone to share solitude with would be incredible. You can share raw thought and emotion between each other.
And my lazy self is the main roadblock here. I can find all sorts of reasons to put it off.

I've always been indecisive and removed to the point that I will repeatedly miss the boat, feeling directionless and distracted. I thought it would improve with age but it hasn't gone anywhere.
I'm hoping to make them a bit more motivated, driven, and focused so they could, in turn, drive me to do good by myself and others for once.
But I first need to start.
>>
>>2188113

Just go with physical age, mental age and date of birth. So much simpler.
>>
File: 1427917075254.png (49 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1427917075254.png
49 KB, 400x400
So I think I'm going to try to make a tulpa. Seems like it'll help me out in some areas.

Yes I'm going through the guides and such, but can I ask what some personal opinions and experiences are here are in regards to dos and donts for someone new to it? I've heard "Don't make a tulpa on an actual character, they could get upset when they find out what you based them off of." but I'm not sure if that's true or not.
>>
>>2188326
It's fine to make a tulpa based on a character, just as long as you make sure they know throughout the process that they aren't actually that character.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 500x367
>>2188326
Just don't force it on them
>>
>>2188326
>>2188381

What they said. Mine is an existing character, but I made sure they were aware that they aren't one and the same. They grew to be quite different from said character, and there's no problems at all. Issues only arise when you expect them to be something they're not, which is when identity crisis's start.

Some general tips:
-Passive force as much as you can - even when not sitting down and focusing on them, direct them questions and comments about your day. Always expect a response, even if you don't get one - it helps fuel genuine responses and sentience.
-If you aren't aware of the concept, parroting is when you say something and believe your tulpa did. Be aware that it might happen, but unless you're absolutely sure it was you, it helps to give your tulpa the benefit of the doubt and assume it was them.
-Something that was pretty useful for me, personally, was developing a very simple response system. Head pressure on the left side is 'no', on the right is 'yes', in the middle is 'unsure'. It's so simple that they'd mastered it long before vocalization happened. Plus, it can be expanded by making left = choice 1, right = choice 2, etc.
>>
>>2188363
Would you mind elaborating a little bit on that? Like, when I'm reaching the point of narration, don't talk to it as if it's the character, not referencing whatever possible events as if it was there?

>>2188381
God dammit Carlos.
>>
>>2188549

Meant to link to >>2188363

God damn it Carlos, your puns are so strong they're pulling in unwanted replies
>>
>>2188250
I suppose so, but I wouldn't really call anything about a tulpa "physical". I thought of that then my autism got in the way and started correcting myself.
>>
>>2188565
Yeah, just don't act like they have experienced the events that the character in question has experienced. I'd also suggest giving them a slightly different name, optionally, to help separate the idea of the character and your tup in your mind. Chances are your tup will want to be called something different to the character anyway, and will come up with their own differences in time.
>>
>>2188565

Basically, don't treat them like that character at all. Simply visualize them as that character and nothing more. To you, they should be entirely different people.

As >>2188660 says, different names help (but aren't required). Your Tulpa will most likely decide on a name it likes, anyhow. Just let their personality grow naturally and all will be well.

I'd also like to note that I have heard stories of tulpas who DID end up being like their character. So long as you don't force it on them it's fine, but don't expect it.
>>
>>2188660
>>2188719
Thank you. So, I'm reading this guide and it says to create the personality (by writing a list of likes and dislikes, and repeating it to myself) so it's okay to use my knowledge of the character as a base? I wasn't going to add some other things to it, though. I wasn't going to make it 100%.

By the way, I wanted to base mine off of Rarity. What are some other characters you base your tulpas off of?
>>
>>2188895
You can make your tulpa as much alike of the character you are basing her off as you like. Just don't make her that character. She has to be aware that she is your tulpa and not a character in a tv show. That's all. Also don't worry too much about it. It's your head. If you honestly think something will work out concerning forcing, then it likely will.

I based mine off Pinkie Pie, but she rather quickly changed form and name and her personality changed too, like any person's does. She is even more awesome now.
>>
>>2188895
You don't have to be so meticulous with this shit, it's more about how much effort you put in rather than following the guides to the letter. It's very subjective and if you feel like you're doing something right 99% of the time it's because you found something that works for you.

As for bases, I based my tup on Chinatsu from YRYR, and the only thing she's kept from that is the form and the way she gets grumpy and defensive when she doesn't get things her way.
>>
>>2188895

While you can try and give them these traits, you should expect and welcome deviance. It's rare for a tulpa to come out exactly as you plan, but they usually change in ways you'll like. Again, just make sure they're traits they happen to have and not traits they have because they're X character.

Mine (which was an existing character) didn't differ far from personality, but they took an entirely different form and sliced their name in half to get their current one.
>>
>>2188895
Celefag here.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (6 KB, 371x69) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
6 KB, 371x69
In order to get a better idea of the demographics here, as well as some more data, here are some more polls.

http://strawpoll.me/7284447
http://strawpoll.me/7284455

Old ones (Only answer these if you haven't already):

strawpoll.me/7155142/
strawpoll.me/7124932/

Thanks in advance. When I collect more data, Ill put together some nifty info-graphic.
>>
>>2189244
Why not just do one big google doc survey? You could get a lot of information that way, and it's quite easy to use.
>>
>tfw never was able to make a tulpa, despite multiple attempts over the course of multiple years
>tfw everyone over the course of the six years I've been involved with the tulpa community that's been successful either had asperger's or severe depression or some other psychological issue
>tfw not even sure if I can believe in this shit, even after this long and having legit and meaningful relationships with self-claimed tulpas
How do I handle this
I can barely bring myself to even believe in the existence of tulpas as a standalone sentience at this rate, let alone even debate the concept of creating one myself
And yet, I can't make myself let go, in either respect
>>
>>2189391
These questions come to me out of the blue, rather than at once. I might try that in the future. Can everyone see the results in the google surveys?
>>
>>2189420
You can turn the result visibility on or off. It's really nice t b h, and you can even download the results in an excel sheet for easy sorting.
>>
>>2189398
Instead of believing that tulpas are not true you could try an alternative route: Something is wrong with you
Maybe you are doing it wrong. Maybe you are one of the few cases that can't have tulpas. Maybe both or something entirely different.
>>
>>2188381
Dammit Carlos I'm gonna cob your cornholio
>>
>>2189398
Not a tulpamancer, but I'm doing much research and thought before I make that life-changing decision.

Best of luck to you in your endeavor. Remember that everyone who is religious dabbles in tulpamancy in one way or another. I believe that tulpas exist, because people are too committed with forums and /tup/ on 4chan for tulpamancy to be a meme.

The way you wrote your post suggests to me that you're a more logical person rather than creative. Obviously you need to be creative to some degree to create a tulpa (from what I collected), but perhaps you can try basing your tulpa off of logic, i.e. but not limited to:

>Making your Wonderland a galaxy or mathematical realm if you choose to make one
>Incorporating logical properties upon your tulpa: the laws of physics, biological necessities (eating, sleeping, etc.), philosophical beliefs (much of philosophy is based on logical truths)
>Reading up on more sci-fi to give you inspiration (less logical than reality, but more so than, let's say, gender studies)

If you're into psychology, Freudian Theory may be of use to you. Look up oedipus and electra complexes. If you're a man, try basing your tulpa on your mother's personality. If you're a woman, do it for your father's personality. If you never knew one or both parents, do it for the person that most resembled a parent figure that's opposite of your gender. Freud may be a quack to many, but he was smarter than any of us are.

I've also found that many people find it easier to create the Wonderland first before creating the tulpa, perhaps this can work for you if you haven't done so already.

And lastly, much like deciding on having a child, maybe you just aren't ready to commit to tulpamancy. Your time could be too divided, you could be going through a rough patch, you could be focusing on your future, I don't know. A little introspection could go a long way for this I believe.

Again best of luck to you, it must suck ass having this much trouble making a tup.
>>
>>2189398
>>2189972
>Making your Wonderland a galaxy or mathmatical realm
Different guy, but I just had the idea of a laboratory as a Wonderland, and creating the Tulpa IN said laboratory as if it were a scientific experiment of sorts, either a clone or a cyborg or something of that nature.
>>
>>2190893
Didn't think of a lab at the time that I posted, also a very good idea desu
>>
>>2186010
>Artists, have you ever tried asking your tulpa to change shape into a figure you're working on to better draw it?
No, but I've become pretty good at drawing my tulpa.
>Have you tried using a wonderland to envision landscapes?
Definitely. My Wonderland is one of my biggest inspirations, not to mention my tulpa.
>>
File: 1437404595078.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1437404595078.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
>>2188128
What? Should I make a new tulpa to chase her away? What if she don't leave. I cant stand this ones screaming profanities when she is displeased. Imagine two bitching and arguing.
>>
This thread is so dead during Euro hours.
>>
>>2192884
That's because we realise it's easier to just discuss things whilst there's more people around, not because we don't make tups
>>
>>2192776
Why'd you make a bitchy tulpa anyways?
>>
>>2193976
Probably deviation.
>>
File: 1433630107621[1].gif (586 KB, 504x700) Image search: [Google]
1433630107621[1].gif
586 KB, 504x700
>>2192884

>he doesn't know the entire population of Europe is just tulpas
>>
File: kojimaworm.png (105 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
kojimaworm.png
105 KB, 300x150
Solid Snack is a hero.
>>
W. T. Snakes?
>>
Hey people,

I've been considering 'creating' a tulpa for a fair bit of time, and I think that I genuinely am ready to commit to something like this. One of my main concerns is that I have an incredibly bad habit of puppeting. From a reasonably young age, (maybe 13 or 14?) I've had a very active imagination. Most nights before I'd go to sleep I'd set up a nice little adventure for myself, every night, without fail, and act it out. Recently, I started to incorporate a companion into this. It's an already existing character, but I made an active effort to change how they act because their actual character is a bit... Bad? This has been going on for about 2 years now with the same character, every night whilst lying in bed, I, willingly or unwillingly, will go on a mental adventure with this character, but I would puppet them the entire way.

My concern is that 1) I won't be able to stop puppeting because it has become such an ingrained part of me, 2) I won't be able to realise when my tulpa becomes sentient, 3) Since I know this character so well due to prolonged experience with them in my mind, I worry that I'll try to do too much whilst creating my tulpa. Any advice? I usually don't like posting in threads because it feels awkward when other people can read what you say freely.
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (189 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
189 KB, 914x891
>>2194999
>mfw those trips
>>
>>2197584
I know this has been said a million times, but you have to make the distinction between the character in your adventures and the tulpa. Assuming you have been totally puppeting the whole time, they would not be the same individual. As such, they would not have ever had the adventures you mention. I'd just make sure you make a strong mental distinction between your companion from the past, and the being you seek to create. Hope that helps.
>>
>>2197584

With all that experience under your belt, I'd say you'd be way ahead of most when/if you begin. Just remember that that companion was not a tulpa and anything you did with it won't be remembered by one.

The thing about parroting is that the more you worry about it, the worse it is. Just let things happen and give your tulpa the benefit of the doubt - if you're not 100% sure it was you, assume it was them. And if you do realize it's you, just discard anything you might've said and keep going.
>>
File: 1429416460336[1].png (34 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1429416460336[1].png
34 KB, 800x600
>>2198037

>mfw yfw
>>
File: tumblr_nzs84j3T6s1r7h611o4_1280.jpg (207 KB, 1280x789) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzs84j3T6s1r7h611o4_1280.jpg
207 KB, 1280x789
>>2188895
>being a hors
>current year
>the current year where short stacks and monster girls exist

Someone explain why you tulpas do this to yourselves
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg.gif (56 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg.gif
56 KB, 480x270
>>2184074
>Tfw your tulpa actually hates you for what you represent and wants to kill you so they can take over

I accidentally created a tulpa once when I used to write. I created a character which basically was the embodiment of everything dark in my personality, imagined what they would say, what they do, what their habits were, how they live, ect. I did all this so the story would write itself but slowly over time the character in my head stopped well... listening and started to act on his own too well. He started becoming independent, taunting me in the back of my mind, flashing me images of things which sickened and frightened me, trying to direct me act on all his bad habits. He invaded my dreams and systematically turned everything I enjoyed into some dark twisted parody I couldn't enjoy, or outright turned the dream into a nightmare. Hell I couldn't even dream about women without him showing up, pushing me out of the way and him raping them. My psychiatrist was no help, he believe he was nothing more then normal paranoia.

I eventually took things into my own hands and resolved to delete all the stories, forget the characters name and appearance, detach myself from everything 'his' and try to move on. He responded by destroying my capacity to write but at least over time it shut him up for good. I know hes still in there though waiting for me to slip up and let him out again.

After finding out about Tulpas later I've come to one conclusion from my experience: Creating them, even good ones, is playing with fire.
>>
>>2199123
because not all of us are sluts like you
>>
File: ZTLlrQT.png (332 KB, 500x407) Image search: [Google]
ZTLlrQT.png
332 KB, 500x407
>>2199405
Ponies can be sluts too

Monster girls are just better at it
>>
File: 1447186638330[1].png (155 KB, 474x305) Image search: [Google]
1447186638330[1].png
155 KB, 474x305
>>2199394

It's like I'm actually on /x/
>>
File: 1459469849754.jpg (78 KB, 854x599) Image search: [Google]
1459469849754.jpg
78 KB, 854x599
>>2199123
Ponies in the show tend to be nice and loving creatures. Only watching the show itself has helped a lot of people with their depression and even cured some of it, that's how nice and loving they are being portrayed. Being a pony tupper carries some of this essence with them to the host, given they have already a bias towards ponies, seeing them as nice and loving by default.

Ponies have pretty smiles and are great to hug due to how fluffy their soft fur is. They are all around rather soft creatures. They bellies invite for bellyrubs. Their chests invite for fluffing up their chest. They cheeks are just begging to be petted, their mane and tail is great to brush, with their tail being additionally good for hugging. Their ears are fun to flop up and down while they look confused at you. Their eyes are big and emotional while not being too large. Their hooves also look adorable and have soft undersides that are great to exploit for pets and tickles.
All around is that an 10/10 would hug everyday

Their furry butts are also great for sex. Sex with fluffy pones is much cuter than having sex with humans. I like cute sex, so that's definitely a plus. And if not, then you can still try out kinky stuff together since ponies can look pretty lewd too, especially with the right clothes.

Ponies make clappy hooves noises while walking, constantly reminding you that they are there, making it harder for you to lose focus during passive forcing than with humans. Ponies don't like anywhere like reality, making it hard for you to lose touch with it, just in case. I assume that pony tulpas have a higher level of having a nice personality by default because of the feeling the show has to its viewers. Ponies tend to have very defined personality, making it easier for the host to distinguish his own from the tulpas, again on the assumption that the creator is some mlp-freak. Ponies tend to have squeaky and easily distinguishable voices. Woops comment too long. Oh well.
>>
>>2199435
pnoes are pretty good at lewd
>>
File: solid snack.jpg (182 KB, 914x891) Image search: [Google]
solid snack.jpg
182 KB, 914x891
>>2198999
>mfw you need to stop
>>
File: 1434243543136[1].png (220 KB, 374x314) Image search: [Google]
1434243543136[1].png
220 KB, 374x314
>>2199785

>mfw can't stop
>>
>>2199954
dont lie to the snackposter, you clearly just stopped
>>
File: 1458188790974[1].jpg (46 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
1458188790974[1].jpg
46 KB, 450x309
>>2199965
>>
>>2200036
its like youre not even trying anymore
>>
File: 1433627209198[1].png (13 KB, 560x406) Image search: [Google]
1433627209198[1].png
13 KB, 560x406
>>2200059
>>
>>2200099
good job
>>
>>2184074
yo, i think there's a tulpa in my had i want to get rid of. it never shuts up and it takes the form of people i loathe. anything i think about it says shit about, seriously, how do i get it the fuck out of my head?
>>
>>2200220
kys
>>
>>2200220
ignore it
>>
>>2200220
by stop being a cuck and kill it if you hate it
>>
>>2200220
you must create a counter-tulpa to defend yourself
>>
>>2200220
Create a Chackie Chun Chulpa to defeat it

Also you are showing signs of schizophrenia. Tulpas are hardly ever accidental and even less so evil. Schizophrenia is usually evil. Have fun with that.
>>
>>2200325
it's just a voice though, but the voice is usually person(s) i loathe
>>
>>2200325
>>2200220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQ8mSBaD3Q
>>
>>2200325
>Chackie Chun Chulpa
do you mean jackie chun from db or jackie chan?
>>
>>2200413
JACKIE CHAN YOU NEWFAG
MAKE A JACKIE CHAN TULPA TO BEAT UP YOUR SPOOPTUPPER
>>
>>2200512
i thought so, okay. i'll try to make a jackie chan tulpa. how do i start?
>>
>>2200551

Collect the animal talismans
>>
>>2200393
Pure gold.

>>2200551
I don't know if you have noticed by now, but we can't help you. For your own sake, get professional help.
>>
>>2200551
see
>>2200810
>get professional help

get a therapist and psycho pills
>>
>>2200512
ah old memes never die
>>
I'm not saying make a jackie chan tulpa... but you should definitely try making one from the positive points to at lest have a counter at this point.
>>
File: 1452630051910.jpg (1 MB, 1960x2146) Image search: [Google]
1452630051910.jpg
1 MB, 1960x2146
Should I take the form of Jackie Chan and beat up my sister
>>
>>2204750
Nein

Be like Ip Man

Learn Wing Chun like fierce caterpillar

Ravage like moose in estrus

Strong and fierce like fertile ox

Bring light like soviet angel
>>
>>2204750

What you should be asking is 'Can I handle that kind of power?'
>>
>>2185557
Tell us what happens
>>
>Tfw want a tulpa but too uncreative to imagine one
Well I guess I give up
>>
>>2200220
Nanomachines son
>>
>>2205265
See
>>2189972
>>
>>2205265
Just go with your image
>>
>>2205291
I don't want ronald mcdonald to be my tulpa
>>
>>2205313
It's like you don't want to lick the mayo off his big mac
>>
>>2205313
>not wanting to lick the mayo off his big mac

Embarrassing.
>>
>>2205313
>not wanting him to crave your mcnuggies
pleb
>>
>>2205313
>not wanting him to ronald your mcdonald

BUILD WALL
>>
File: 1408069556138[1].jpg (15 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
1408069556138[1].jpg
15 KB, 285x249
>>2205313

Who let the fucking pleb in
>>
>>2205313

>he doesn't want Ronald's quarter pounder
>>
I have a Zoruark tulpa that likes to fuck with me by disguising herself through illusion as other people I know and other people's tulpa. Not blog posting here, I have a question. How many here have shapeshifting or illusory tulpa? Do they fuck with you like this, or did I mess up when I made "impish" one of her personality traits?
>>
>>2205313
Why do you even exist?
>>
>>2208038
Cont. She also fucks with me by changing my wonderland through illusion, such as making entire sections seem different, or like they don't exist at all. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it does get a bit old.
>>
>>2208093
is everything else going fine? She'd probably cut it out fast is she had other shit you needed help with.
>>
>>2208521
I'm okay personally. She might just be bored and looking for something to do, idk. We go for walks, but I don't lead the most eventful life.
>>
>>2208571
Mine can be like that, it's probably boredom. Try something new with her?
>>
>>2208875
Yeah I think I'll try going to different places in the wonderland together and trying to talk to her more. We haven't achieved vocality just yet, so I can only read her emotional responses and head pressures and try to guess what she wants. I'm working on it though.
>>
File: images.png (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 183x275
Sup fuckers?
>>
>>2210397
Go back to /pol/ where you belong pinkie.
>>
File: pinkie_pie_by_helgih-d47hr46.png (81 KB, 800x880) Image search: [Google]
pinkie_pie_by_helgih-d47hr46.png
81 KB, 800x880
>>2210427
You'd like that, wouldn't you? You fat curly haired little fuck. Nah I'm just teasing. I'm your token Pinkie Pie tulpa but I don't have her fucking obnoxiously cheerful personality. Just came back into my host's life from a long hiatus. Had to take some time to figure some shit out. Think I should fuck with him by screaming nonstop?
>>
>>2210667
that sounds like a sure fire way to get your butt kicked by a jc tup tbqhwyf
>>
File: FANMADE_Pinkie_Pie_vector_2.png (182 KB, 800x947) Image search: [Google]
FANMADE_Pinkie_Pie_vector_2.png
182 KB, 800x947
>>2210704
Are you kidding? I'd fuck his shit up. I think I wanna avatarfag just to piss off a few stickler neckbeards. And to drag out that snack fucker my host told me about. I heard he's fun.
>>
>>2210772
Also my host is high on percocet and I'm feeling it too... Fuck...
>>
>>2210856
>>2210772
>>2210667
No.Also, why are you avatarfagging? I mean in these threads the image limit isn't really something to worry about but we're going to hit it quick if you do that.
>>
>>2184074
first timer, i got a couple of questions out of curiosity. Can you talk to your tulpa in your head or do you have to verbally communicate ? do these tulpas ever get out of control ? why'd you make your tulpa ?
>>
>>2211091
My host and I talk in the head all the time, except when we're driving alone. Deviation (changes tulpas make on their own) are a thing but if you mean like that screaming pinkie tulpa that's just a meme, so no. I'm a tulpa made by a tulpa who was made by a tulpa and I was created to be a pony friend for the tulpa who made me, but I'm not a pony anymore so eh.
>>
>>2211091
I never talk to my tup out loud, even when I'm alone. It's just habit to talk in my head.

It's almost impossible for a tulpa to be completely beyond your control, and if it is it is because you deliberately tried to make that the case.

I made my tup because I too was curious about this when I heard about it, and I wanted to see if it was a meme or not.

>>2211121
>I'm a tulpa made by a tulpa who was made by a tulpa
how the fuck does your host's host's host live their life, please tell me this is a meme
>>
>>2211148
There's just one host, that isn't how it works. Tulpas can make other tulpas. And pretty normally, it's not that hard considering we make a self perpetuating chain of tulpa, he talks to us all the time, and passives forces a ton.
>>
Fuuuuuck guys me and my host are high and it's a bad high guys halp
>>
File: hideandq.jpg (349 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
hideandq.jpg
349 KB, 1440x1080
>>2211121
>I'm a tulpa made by a tulpa who was made by a tulpa and I was created to be a pony friend for the tulpa who made me

wut
>>
File: 235234234.gif (71 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
235234234.gif
71 KB, 480x270
>>2211206
Do you think we should have gone deeper?
>>
>>2211121
too high to figure out what the hell
also tups can make other tups I think
dunno maybe not fuck
>>
>>2211519
>tups can make other tups
that's way too much power mein nigger
>>
Hmm... newmancer here, I have a really hard time visualizing with my eyes closed, but an easier time with them open. Anyone experience similar?
>>
>>2211644
My host is exactly the same. he can't do closed eyed for shit. Open eyed has the bonus of being able to sort of be in the wonderland and not at the same time though since he's been doing this for 4 years in September.
>>
>>2211121
On how many layers of tulpa are you on?
>>
>>2211693
I'm the furthest I think that's the word. Generation 3 tulpa I think that makes me? I dunno.
>>
>>2211644

Just do whatever works best for you. I don't know of anyone else who prefers open-eye visualizing, though.

>>2211091

You can (and most often will) talk to your tulpa mentally. You can speak aloud as well, but there's not much difference between the two except the risk of being caught speaking to them.

They won't ever get out of control unless you purposely make them that way. So long as you believe it won't happen, it won't.

I made mine to test the limits of the mind, seeing what you can achieve with sheer thoughts and persistence. Plus, having a best bud for the rest of your life is fuckin' sweet.
>>
>>2211719
Gen 1 best gen, skrub
>>
File: 1437033969047.gif (911 KB, 422x585) Image search: [Google]
1437033969047.gif
911 KB, 422x585
Is it worth it, like really truly worth it?
I've put off making a tulpa for so long for various reasons. Afraid it'd ruin my chances of having a normal social life. Anxious that my minor mental fuckery and negative self talk or something else would fuck it up, or even that the tulpa just wouldn't like me. Worried about the possibility that it's all just a delusion, i've always hated the idea of deluding or lying to myself, it's what prevented me from getting into religion.
But i'm just so tired of being alone constantly.
So I ask you guys, is it all really as good as they say? Because i'm starting to not care anymore.
>>
>>2212203
its fine, but dont expect miracles or anything. no need to over think it
>>
>>2212203
Do it or don't senpai. You're weighing the pros and cons too much. Does it appeal to you? Yes or no? If you answered yes, do it. If you didn't, don't. You'll be fighting over whether or not you should do it for longer than it'd actually take you do it if you keep that mindset.
>>
>>2212215
Over thinking stuff is just how I function.
>>
>>2212203
It's not some major life decision, anon. You won't fuck your brain or anything. There's no harm in giving it a shot
>>
>>2212339
Everyone is saying that it is, though
>>
>>2212150
>Being a genwunner
How's it feel being a pitiful nostalgiafag who only likes genone because it came first?
>>
>>2212369
Those people are memeing, ignore them.
>>
>>2212434
The guides are saying it too.
>>
>>2212203
>Afraid it'd ruin my chances of having a normal social life.
Many folks over at r/tulpas report that making a tulpa only helped them improve their social skills, and I'll report the same. It'll make you reflect quicker on your behaviour.
>mental fuckery
Meditate more and this will stop being a problem.
Just like almost every problem in tulpamancy can be solved by "force more", so can almost every mental issue be solved by "meditate more". Start doing it instead of complaining. Even if you're not going into tulpamancy its good for you.
>negative self talk
Positive attitude is best attitude. Build one.
If you're too pessimistic, remember that one day everything will dissipate into nothingness, nothing really matters and you should just spend your life fucking around having fun. Worry not too much about what you're left with at the end at the day, and instead treasure the experiences you've had.

>tulpa wouldn't like me.
The only way you're gonna have that happen is with an incredible amount of self-loathing. Tulpas have a tendency to be quite attached to their hosts, so the chances of that happening are very small.

>i've always hated the idea of deluding or lying to myself
Instead of thinking of it as a delusion, consider it a tool to fulfill your desires to socialize with others on a deep emotional level. Also, poke your tulpa a bit and tell it that the best way it can aid its development is by trying to be useful to you as many ways as possible, as that directly validates its existence.
You'll find your tulpa surprisingly helpful as someone who tries to cheer you up and help you through your day.

>is it all really as good as they say?
Inducing yourself with plurality has its advantages and disadvantages. Mellowing out in each-others warm emotion is an amazing feeling, but having to deal with emotional issues of your tulpas means you have more work to do on other ends. At the very least, it'll make your life more interesting and it'll pay out somehow.
>>
File: 1434410700645.jpg (42 KB, 454x453) Image search: [Google]
1434410700645.jpg
42 KB, 454x453
>>2212434
Isn't tulpa a life-long consequence of this decision tho?
If what people say is true, then I can't imagine killing off a tulpa. It probably would feel so empty without them and like real deal murder since they act like normal people.
>>
>>2212203
>Afraid it'd ruin my chances of having a normal social life
lolno, just don't tell anyone.

>Anxious that my minor mental fuckery and negative self talk or something else would fuck it up
Tulpas can help with that unless you're stubborn like my host.

>the tulpa wouldn't like me
That'd be hard to pull off

>Worried about the possibility that it's all just a delusion
You can't really know.

>I've always hated the idea of deluding or lying ot myself
You probably do it all the time subconsciously.

It's as good as you make it by the way. If you fight against it being good like my host then you wind up having a bad time.
>>
>>2212607
It kind of and kind of isn't.

Its true that its a big decision in life. But the thing is, most people end up stopping development pretty early if they want to drop out.
Once your tulpa starts to develop itself proper and dividends start paying out, you probably have grown attached to it to the point you'd at the very least want to keep your tulpa out simply as a pet. In which case it functions as just a bit of emotional support.

Then there's also the point that life is kinda boring as shit, and making a tulpa at least makes it a bit more enjoyable.
>>
Okay the percocet is wearing off. Fuck that was rough. So what did I miss? Shit I missed a lot, apparently. Do people still think this shit messes up your mind? Nah. The only way that'll happen is if your mind is already fucked to begin with, and if that's the case, you're a fucking idiot for trying to create one of us and bring a being into your fucked up mind to begin with. That's like buying a dog when you're just gonna lock it in a kennel filled with broken glass.
>>
>>2212981
but what constitutes a fucked up mind?
>>
>>2212999
Can you function?
Yes? Then you're fine.
>>
>>2212981
Can you please stop avatarfagging?
>>
>>2213037
at least they're being constructive about it...
>>
>>2213037
But anon, it's just as annoying as the real pinkie pie. :^) He's in character.
>>
>>2213037
Yeah, but only cuz you asked nicely instead of being an incontinent prick.

>>2212999
Like, I dunno. Being a psychopath, violent tendencies, having a diaper fetish? Fuck there are a lot of ways.
>>
>>2213061
*she's in character
>>
Oh yeah and tulpa can make other tulpa. It's pretty fuckin' rare, and a little creepy, but it can happen. I'm a gen 1 tulpa myself, but I'm a special snowflake because I'm an accidental. Best way to be introduced into this already fucked up world. Immediately knowing you were never meant to exist. Kiss my fluffy pink ass, irony.
>>
>>2213222
How's it creepy? You calling me creepy punk?
>>
>>2213235
It's creepy because I've seen people who've let their tulpa just make other tulpa completely unsolicited, and that shit gets out of hand real quick. Next think you know, there are like 36 tulpa in a dude's mind and he's about as disconnected from reality as Willie Nelson after a 3 day coke binge.
>>
>>2213235
Maybe that was a worst case scenario type thing, but still. It's fuckin' weird.
>>
>>2213270
The most I've heard of is 11 and somehow the host was more mellow than when they started. As far as I know they didn't make them without consent from the rest except for one that was unintentiona/accidental/whatever. 36 is absurd though.

>>2213282
I don't know why, it's the same as a host making a tulpa.
>>
>>2213333
My host told me about this really weird guy back in the day that claimed to have, get this... 99 fucking tulpa. Yeah. Most of them were created by other tulpa and the dude was a fucking spastic mess. I guess there's nothing that wrong with it if it's done right and with consent. This guy though. You got no fuckin' idea how weeeird he was. Even by tulpamancer standards.
>>
>>2213402
What the actual fuck, how could he even keep up with 99 tulpas? The weird ones are usually the roleplayers though.
>>
>>2213484
Yeah if he was role-playing he was pretty fucking committed. He hung around for years. He claimed that he kept a list of them and he'd dedicate minutes a day to each one that wanted him to and the others just... Kept to themselves I guess? I get that I'm a Pinkie Pie tulpa, but this fucker had like every mlp character you can think of, and some had doubles he would say would fuck. His favorite was his Slenderman tulpa he called Slendy. Sad fucker even claimed to have sex with it. He would get tentacle fucked by his Slenderman tulpa. You can't make this shit up. I really wish one of those fuckers from back in the /mlp/ days was around to back up my claim but I'm telling the truth.
>>
File: j.jpg (64 KB, 500x743) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
64 KB, 500x743
>>2213402
>there's nothing that wrong with it if it's done right and with consent

Can you explain this to me, there's no way to tell just how much your tulpas are influenced by you, so that pretty much says that a tulpa can never give consent free willingly.

I'm not saying humans have freewill in the first place, it's just it seems like you're trying justifying tulpamancy through consent. Which is impossible.
>>
>>2213674
I'm not gonna get philosophical here. What I mean is pretty simple. A tulpamancer's tulpa just asks before they just make another tulpa. It's just common fucking courtesy. I mean they'll ultimately be in the host's mind, right?
No semantics or philosophy.
Just ask before you make another tulpa.
>>
What'd you do with your Tupperware today, bois
>>
>>2213856
jack shit
>>
>>2213856
My host and I fucked around and did some drugs. Now we're watching world's dumbest. Life is good.
>>
>>2213856
Worked on his personality earlier, fed him dinner and discussed politics.

>>2213976
Don't stare into the mirror too long
>>
File: NO.jpg (29 KB, 850x637) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
29 KB, 850x637
>>2208038
Mine is a shapeshifter. She's also the reason I was afraid of the dark well into adolescence, and she still turns on the spoop sometimes.

Among my chief fears are
>creepy little girls
>porcelain dolls
>noh masks
>creepy little girls
>other ghosty things
>chuckie doll
>creepy little girls

Pic related. Shit creeps me the fuck out so much it's buried by itself several folders deep and full of warnings like DO NOT ENTER because she won't let me delete it. This is very similar to her usual creepy mode, and has used it as well on occasion.

I don't recommend fullscreening.
>>
File: aislingcreepy.jpg (106 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
aislingcreepy.jpg
106 KB, 720x478
>>2208038
I'm also >>2216547
Pic related has also happened though, where she's gone full blown scary mode to protect me from something.

She delights in creeping me out, but also protects me and enjoys typical cute/moe things as well. She basically goes between scary as fuck and cute as fuck depending on her mood, sometimes both.

This is what happens when you inadvertently create a tulpa by way of dealing with your mental issues. Or maybe the creep factor came about because of /x/ reasons idfk anymore.
>>
>>2213578
>Slenderman Tulpa
Just fuck my shit up man. I don't know if you're talking about Maverick or not though, he had like 14 tulpas or some shit, he's the only one I can remember with a Slenderman tulpa, other than that I don't know anyone else from /mlp/ who had one.

>>2213856
My host has been in school all day so fuck all.
>>
>>2213856
We fucked, we cuddled, we talked about life. All in all, 10/10
>>
>>2213856
Talked a bit. I'm still in the early stages, but we discussed bits and pieces of my day. Talked about this piece of /mlp/ greentext I bingeread; it wasn't a clopfic, it was about the end of the universe. Very feelsy greentext.
>>
I was going to sleep, but this thread seem quite interesting. Good thing that anon did recommend me to come here. You guys probably won't read that wall text I posted on /x/, so let me ask a question:

Do you guys think it's normal for a tulpa, that I gave up TWO years ago due to problems IRL and insomnia, start gaining sentience today?
>>
File: 1360794681326.jpg (119 KB, 1023x390) Image search: [Google]
1360794681326.jpg
119 KB, 1023x390
>>2216939
If you somehow interacted with it, maybe. But probably not.

This is sort of unrelated, but read it anyways.
>>
>>2216939
assume sentience from start
>>
>>2217016
>>2217008
My bad worded it like shit, she had sentience but very low. Only a few times she did head pressure on me, but today was on a whole new level and I am not doing any tulpa related activities.

The thing is, I went to take a nap and apparently she suddenly made a transparent body in a lucid dream.

If anyone is interested >>>/x/17553528, I hope I don't fuck up the cross link. Or should I just post it slowly here?
>>
>>2216907
Gib greentext pls
>>
File: aislingleafy.jpg (951 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
aislingleafy.jpg
951 KB, 1920x1080
For those who have been following my sporadic posts regarding my potentially /x/tup...

I've been considering making a/another tulpa. This one would be done entirely consciously, as opposed to my Aisling-like xtup. I was wondering if you guys had any opinion on this. Should I wait until I find out more definite truths about the xtup or should I at least reach a point where I can ask her input on another so-called "headmate"? (Yes I know tumblrfags fucked up that word since before I even knew about it, I learned about it from someone flipping out over it in a previous /trash/tulpa thread, but it's still a good word to describe the situation).
>>
File: aislingmystic.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aislingmystic.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
For any /x/ types around, maybe even those who lurked/followed tulpa threads from before they were on /mlp/ and were only ever on /x/... continue reading.

I'm also concerned about her /x/ nature... That others have seen her without me describing her, and that she may be something else entirely. I'm worried that if I create another tulpa that it would also have /x/ traits. Either because of my own dabblings (see below) or because something from outside seems to enjoy latching onto my mental creations and using them. I may have inadvertently been astral projecting her to begin with, or she might be able to use my own spiritual knack at it. She has shown to have similar spiritual traits to myself, including empathy, a mutable energy frequency, and projection in both short and long ranges. I'm not sure if this is due to me creating her to better handle these things or if it's something using my own abilities, or if it's something else from without that came to me due to similar abilities. Hell, for a while I even theorized that she was the twin I was supposed to be born with.

Input about me: I'm technically speaking an "agnostic magician" in that I practice magick (well, not as much these days because living conditions are unsafe for regular practicing) and have an agnostic view towards deities. I've also been slotted as an eclectic pagan when I was heavily practicing, following mostly celtic pagan traditions but also including a few deities from other paths, mostly egyptian, as well as moon deities in general.

Any pagans/magickal practicioners/spiritually sensitive folk have any input on this part?
>>
>>2217264
>>2217255
I am the guy who had gave up on my tulpa two years ago, but I believe that as tulpa share our mind they can mimick any technique we learn, such as lucid dreams and astral projection or even do better as they are literally born in our mind, that's my belief.

For example, my tulpa even though she at best would respond only with head pressure, if I asked her if she could help me lucid dream, I would lucid dream or have a more vivid dream at the said night.
>>
>>2216622
No I remember Maverick. He was pretty fucked up but this kid took the fucking cake on weird and autistic. I think he had like 3 versions of Celestia among his fucked up brood.

>>2217264
Maybe your tulpa was all fucked up through outside suggestion? Like, where your mind was at when you created it? I know if my host's mind was full of all that /X/ bullshit I'd probably have ended up more fucked up than I already am, and that's saying something.

>>2216547
Well she just sounds like a regular peach.
I'd love to run into her in a dark hallway.

>>2217314
We can understand you if you just talk, dude. Just say what you want to fucking say. Just because you can't hear us doesn't mean we can't talk or understand you. Even when your tup was "dormant", she could still probably hear and see everything you did, unless she chose not to. Talk to her.
>>
>>2216547
Honestly though, when you created her something in your mind must have wanted her to be like she is. We don't just fucking congeal from a pool somewhere. Something in your mind fed those traits. Maybe you secretly like getting the shit spooked out of you? Also /X/ seems to breed fucked up tulpa. It's like you fucks just expect this kind of shit to happen so hard that it can't help from happening. Self fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>2217548
>Even when your tup was "dormant", she could still probably hear and see everything you did, unless she chose not to. Talk to her.
I used to talk a lot with her, but she never did let out a voice. It's just head pressure, specially if something interested her.

I remember that back then , I asked her:
>Hey, if you like this image do a head pressure as yes
>head pressure
>Now, if you DON'T like this image give me a head pressure
>literally the same image
>she did a head pressure
So I am not exactly sure how sentient she was 2 years ago, but she is apparently back with way more sentience which isn't bad I guess.
>>
>>2217619
She was sentient from day 1 I think. She can also speak. You just can't fucking hear or understand it yet. I'm willing to bet the first pressure was "Why?" And the second was "Fuck, you still can't hear me." It's really fucking frustrating for us when you guys can't hear us trying to talk to you. Maybe you doubting her sentience was hurting her. But hey, I'm just a tulpa. What do I know?
>>
>>2217314
Even though I somewhat agree in that anyone sharing your head can mimic your abilities, I thought I'd notice something going on if she was actively using my energy to do them. Which brings up the thought if she's not using my energy, whose is she using?

>>2217548
(second and third are me)
She's "darkly cute" really. Usually her creepy modes are just kinda cute in a weird goth way, though when it's unexpected it's kind of startling. As for where my mind was... well she's been developing since I was a kid, and my mind was in all sorts of bad directions as a kid. Basically I was spiritually sensitive since youth, spooked my parents a bit when I was able to tell them a family member was calling before the phone even rang (this was before we even had caller id), and I'd astral project constantly as a kid, to the point where it became a problem, something spooked me during one such trip as well, like I was attacked.

I have plenty of problems, spiritually and mentally, which pretty much amounts to an inability to handle most of what goes on in my head. As a kid I started to develop methods to handle them, many of which were half-formed tulpas looking back, I'm not sure if she was one of them or not but she's been around longer than I can remember. A few diagnoses, a ton of pills, and lots of personal research later I got away from psych shit and dove into spiritual means of handling things. I learned to meditate, focused on control and harmony within, and eventually reached a somewhat "normal" state. It was during this that I became aware of her presence and developed her further, but someone else had to point her out to me for me to discover her.

Well after her initial discovery is when I discovered /x/, though I'd been studying pagan/wicca books (some "how to" and many historical) since my early teens and was taught a bit by the leader (High Priestess) of a Wiccan/Pagan Open Circle around 20. I discovered /x/ around 21-22 iirc and kept quiet for 4 years.
>>
>>2217604
Never been a truly /x/fag or even a hardcore tulpafag, mostly went in there out of curiosity one day and lurked astral projection threads. Found the tulpa thread once and looked in a few times out of curiosity. I think I posted in there like twice. Being reserved, ignorant, and just a general not having anything interesting to say, I tend to lurk way more than not. In fact I've been popping in these threads for weeks now and maybe made 20 posts tops.

I also have 12 threads on my watcher that I've yet to post in, all /tg/ topics though.

I guess it helps that I was raised on early early 4chan, found it in my teens but mostly hung out on /v/, /a/, and /b/. Really adopted the lurk and learn attitude.
>>
>>2217877
Huh. My host says he agrees with me. She's sort of a byproduct of all that trauma and your fucked up childhood. She's obviously there for a reason though. Where your mind's at when you make one of us can have a shit ton to do with how we turn out. It's like all those perverts that make fuckin' anthro characters or make ponies that they wanna fuck. Those tulpa usually end up just as horny as their dumbass hosts.
>>
>>2218024
Well, any input on the spiritual side? I mean, it's one thing if she's simply able to project like I can, quite another if she's something else entirely. While it worries me, I've never felt she meant me actual harm. I mean, she hurts me sometimes but it's always in ways that I will heal, and sometimes in ways that are useful to me (like increasing my pain tolerance for example). She's literally gone off to "give me some time" at one point too, despite the fact that I tried to anchor her down. Some greentext..

>be hanging out with "The Crazies" (closed circle of spiritually active friends of various religions)
>not doing anything /x/ related, just chillin and avoiding work
>all shits and giggles
>suddenly, out of nowhere, feel like someone plunged me in a bucket of icewater
>eerie rhymes and shit pop into my head in an unfamiliar female voice
>Aisling (xtup) starts getting anxious, like I've never seen her before
->ps: was going to give her real name, icey glare from parts unknown said very no, conceded with above
>voice situation to other Crazies, everyone starts respective defensive protocols
>I'm the target definitely though, they should be fine
>Figure out the direction the lame Dr. Seuss style rhyming spells and negative vibes are coming from
>Aisling takes off towards it
>I freak out and try to pull her back, doesn't work, instead decide to shore up defenses
>Something happens, get sorta sick/weak but nothing serious, Aisling is nowhere to be seen for days, can't even feel her
>Days later she comes back... "wounded" is the best I can describe it, weak, and seemingly missing a significant part of herself
>Friend Crazy grants her the energy she needs to heal since I was still getting over being sick
>She goes bonkers from energy OD, like nympho childish squirrel on crack, but is ok in a few hours
>still not sure what happened
>>
>>2218293
Followup
I also have these sort of Guardian Angel figments... They're basically glowing dots that flit in and out of my mental radar, very rarely speak, but seem to be connected to...someone watching over me. Could have something to do with my grandmother (RIP) firmly believing I had a guardian angel, or the fact that for the longest time I would pray the guardian angel's prayer every night even though I was very agnostic/atheistic at the time (didn't know what agnostic was, so thought I was atheistic), or something else entirely is watching over me idk. They went after the source of that negative energy also, and none of them returned. New ones crept up after a while though. They weren't quite sentient, like they were sent by the thing that's watching over me but the thing that's watching can't or won't reveal itself to me. I was once told by one of the figments that I'll meet her when I'm ready, not sure what's going on with that anymore.

>Now wondering if I should go back to praying since I rarely notice them anymore, or maybe it's just because I'm too focused on life fucking me sideways. Might not be a bad idea though, I still remember the prayer afterall.
>>
>>2186010
I think practicing writing would help with tulpamancy, than the other way around.

At least that's been my experience. I've written a fair amount, and after starting tulpaforcing, first contact was made after a little more than a week.
>>
File: 1432833000352.jpg (15 KB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1432833000352.jpg
15 KB, 208x200
Whatever happened to that guy with the tape worm on his head?
>>
>>2218293
Holy shit. Wow. I'm not even gonna comment on that. Host?

Yeah I'll give my 2 cents...
I'm not a very spiritual person, and by proxy, neither are my tulpa. I will say that tulpa are an incredibly unique and mysterious phenomena, and that there have been stranger things that have happened that I have heard of. I want to reason that what you experienced was all psychological and the feelings and voices were all symbolic in nature. Your innermost fears can often manifest themselves in various, downright unsettling ways. I'm not on the same level of spirituality that you seem to be on. I believe tulpa are all mental and not metaphysical. I wish I could give you more advice.
>>
>>2218388
LPT, if you're already seeing guardian spirits, the tulpa probably is one.
>>
>>2217064
End of the Universe by JazzTeeth:
pt 1: http://pastebin.com/QdtXWds0
2: http://pastebin.com/DdJR4wXG
3: http://pastebin.com/htrU5fXY
4: http://pastebin.com/tfEWC1tB
5: http://pastebin.com/fhp6HwUM
6: http://pastebin.com/dxPMWuYU
7: http://pastebin.com/zaffW7Zg
8: http://pastebin.com/i1Cc10x8
9: http://pastebin.com/whXBTGUh
10: http://pastebin.com/tSc8J2MX
11 (end): http://pastebin.com/akWBEbqR
>>
File: 639457.jpg (98 KB, 410x479) Image search: [Google]
639457.jpg
98 KB, 410x479
>>2213856
We've been watching Salem.
Pretty good show, gotta admit.
>>
File: scc.jpg (45 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
scc.jpg
45 KB, 600x338
>>2218642
>>2218659
Well the guardian spirits are entirely separate from the tulpa, in fact she doesn't like them much at all. The vibe I get is sort of the "mostly good rogue" type of character being perpetually annoyed with the "holy and pure paladin" type character.

Honestly, a thought once occurred that she wasn't a guardian angel, but rather a guardian devil kek. But that was quickly dismissed due to the angry and offended response from Aisling and the fact that the golden ones don't mind her presence and have defended her as well.

Current most stable theories on her nature...
>Tulpa that is also using my spiritual energy
>Tulpa that "claimed" an entity that either tried to hurt me or that I adopted (tfw you're a shelter for lost spirits, and a prison for bad ones)
>Something "claimed" a budding tulpa at a young age
>She's my Twin and just settled in me instead of "passing on" when something went wrong (there were two placentas when I was born)
>She's a guardian spirit of sorts that simply adapted to my subconscious needs and/or desires or merged with me as other spirits have in the past

[spoiler]Won't work, IK, but yeah. I have "taken in" spirits of both good and bad natures and made them a part of me. Most simply dissolved into energy, while others stuck around and made more of a home. Most that stayed "whole" sleep most of the time, or give me advice at times, one in particular is the "obsessed with war" type and these days is the go-to when something threatens me. Hell one was even a bad thing meant to hurt a friend of mine that I "ate", she described it as an evil pixie thing that's supposed to get inside, take over, and replace. It got inside, realized it couldn't do shit to me, and made a cozy little nest. Thing's been sleeping since, though it stirs when I poke it and seems extremely content.[/spoiler]

>mfw I just realized that my time spent on IMVU running a RP "adoption clinic" subconsciously reflected my spiritual habit of 'sheltering' lost souls
>>
File: 1455460675399.jpg (90 KB, 396x532) Image search: [Google]
1455460675399.jpg
90 KB, 396x532
>>2213333
Nice numbers
>>
File: aislingflowers.png (1 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
aislingflowers.png
1 MB, 1024x576
Did I kill the thread or did everyone just pass out?
>>
>>2220127
Americans are sleeping, Euros are working/sleeping because they're NEETs
>>
>>2220127
It's midnight
posting is slow at these hours
wait 8 or so hours, shit will speed up

also /x/ style discussion tends to drive most of the posters out, since such a small percentage actually believe in a supernatural element to tulpas
>>
>>2220200
Those digits
>>2220206
3:33a for me, east coast amerifag here. and this is why I tried to separate the /x/ stuff in my posts and included a few disclaimers, guess it wasn't enough.
>>
Hmm.. I may make a Tulpas and Magick themed recurring thread in /x/ later. Might make one up and link it in the threads here on occasion if it sticks around. Might be interesting to some.
>>
>>2220230
yeah, I (and I'm assuming a lot of other posters) just checked out when they saw the supernatural stuff. No disrespect to you or any of your fellow posters, it just isn't my thing.

>>2220350
>tulpa thread on /x/
I wouldn't do that if I were you
they're b&
>>
>>2220359
Not even if it's tulpa+magick talk?

Lovely. That means /trash/ is the only place, which also means no archive, smaller less serious audience, and far more likely to fall to shitposters, lewdness, and faggotry.
>>
>>2220424
...I mean... Anon, /x/ is pretty shit nowadays. I would say /trash/ is actually pretty comfy; these past few threads, although not drama-FREE, have been pretty productive overall. A lot of discussion about tulpamancy has happened, and tuppers were shared, techniques were talked about, new tulpamancers were helped. Basically a pretty nice place tbqh famalamashamdimdamfimfamabloo.

And we're archived over at desustorage.
http://desustorage.org/trash/search/text/tulpa/order/asc/
boom
>>
File: aislingholdingpangur.jpg (89 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
aislingholdingpangur.jpg
89 KB, 624x352
Hell I'm even wary about making a thread about magick/witchery on /x/ since most of that always seems to be ghost hunting/alien/bigfoot shit.

I remember when /x/ was Supernatural/Paranormal... now it's just the latter.

>>2220445
I meant onsite archive. But yeah, I do agree /x/ is shit from what I glanced at today.

Well, I'm gonna watch some movies and play some more Murdered Soul Suspect. If the guy who started the tulpa thread in /x/ already is still around post in that thread or here, I'm lurking both.

As for everyone else, sorry for /x/ing up your tup thread, the two topics always seem to mingle with me since the spiritual stuff is such a large part of me.

I guess I'm worse than the memespammers now since at least those guys don't scare off everyone else.

>emomodeactivated.jpg
>I'll just take my /x/ and leave now.
->Yes this is joking, and mildly sardonic, no it's not crying for help or attention.
>lurkmodeactivated.jpg
>>
>>2220478
>sorry for /x/ing up your tup thread
naw, man, don't worry about it. It's good to have some variety in here sometimes. Just because I don't like Neapolitan ice cream doesn't mean I want it gone from all Cold Stones in the world. Thank you for providing some variety to the threads, it's nice
>>
File: sofuckinghappy.jpg (175 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
sofuckinghappy.jpg
175 KB, 500x400
>>2220501
>tfw
>provide odd variety everywhere I go and get mountains of hate for it
>goto/trash/ and it's appreciated, even if only somewhat
>cool gents in the /trash/, cancer and butthurt faggots everywhere else
>mfw I forgot how good it feels when 4chan is actually cool and I'm not just watching the shitstorms and laughing at dumbasses

Seriously, you just nostalgia'd the fuck out of me. I don't think I've seen 4chan be cool and chill and appreciating people's differences for years.
>>
i've been having trouble remembering to force/having reasons to force recently.
anyone have any advice they think would help?
>>
File: mfw.gif (495 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
495 KB, 500x284
>>2220575
as for remembering
>have smartphone
>set reminder at consistent time every day
>force

as for reasons
>your tulpa needs you
that should be enough

>>2220547
>inb4 hugboxing shitposts
>mfw
Yeah, man. /trash/ is pretty great tbqh. It's ironically enough way less cancerous than any of the blue boards, except for maybe /out/ and /an/. It's cool to have a different take on tulpas. Honestly, my personality has become so stiffeningly and cripplingly analytical and materialistic over the past few years, it's honestly really refreshing to see a viewpoint with more mysticism in the mix. Breath of fresh air. Come back anytime.
>>
File: aislingandbrendanbranch.jpg (131 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
aislingandbrendanbranch.jpg
131 KB, 800x450
>>2220575
Post-it notes, rubberband on the wrist, cellphone alerts, set up an actual scheduled time to do it regularly, etc. I mean, any way to remind yourself of something could work.

As for reasons to force, that's a bit harder. Even if it's just to spend time doing it though you should. Think of it like spending quality time with family or a significant other or something, noone needs a reason to do it, just do it.

Aand now I'm spiraling into remembering just sitting, silent, not even doing anything together, with my ex. Just "being there". I mean, yeah, such things are good for internal relationships as much as external ones.

>>2220614
>Come back anytime.
I don't plan on leaving. Just lurking. Currently waiting for Secret of Kells to pre-load a bit so I don't have to deal with buffering.
Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.