[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come people are so ugly today compared to 60-100 years ago?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trash/ - Off-Topic

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15
File: Joan Valerie 1935.jpg (8 KB, 230x227) Image search: [Google]
Joan Valerie 1935.jpg
8 KB, 230x227
How come people are so ugly today compared to 60-100 years ago?

What is it that is causing these physical attributes? It seems people also had better skeletal proportions back then - broader shoulders, natural figures. Why?
>>
File: americangirlwtf.png (874 KB, 1318x1042) Image search: [Google]
americangirlwtf.png
874 KB, 1318x1042
>>2182044

I've noticed a particular phenomenon in a lot of younger women as well. They have these very squished eyes and there is a lot of extra mass around their eyes and jaw. Their foreheads are also exceptionally wide. They have a moon face. Is this a result of too much estrogen?
>>
File: averageamericangirls.png (4 MB, 2002x1088) Image search: [Google]
averageamericangirls.png
4 MB, 2002x1088
One more

Notice the facial structure
>>
Maybe that will help http://www.adelledavis.org/press/audrey-hepburns-diet-and-exercise/
>>
>>2182045
Some people just store fat on their faces. It's a result of them being FAT.

Look at that girl in your pic, she definitely has a few pounds on her. Her arm is a telltale sign, she's probably hiding a big belly under that shirt of hers.
>>
>>2182048

Surely you must be trolling..she has the face of a 200lb woman. So do half the girls in the second pic I posted.
>>
Shitty orthodontic practices, modern pollutants, no compulsory athletics for males, etc.

What's bad for the maxilla is generally bad for society.
>>
>>2182049
You're exaggerating, it's not that bad. Some people just have a more puffier face than others, you're cherry picking. And they are ALL fat to some extent.
>>
>>2182044
People are fatter now. Skinnier=better face.
Show me some old people and we can compare
>>
>>2182044
i noticed the opposite actually

whenever i see pictures of girls that arent top .01% attractive from before like the 90s, they just look fucking weird, they have small weird shaped tits and no ass or anything
>>
>>2182044
Racemixing. Every woman/man in the world (or moreso those in first world countries) will have slept with an individual from the opposite sex who was born a different race/ethnicity. Change in diet. A society less focus on exercising kids at schools to instill healthy living, etc, etc. A LOT has changed, m8.
>>
>>2182044
back then, only photogenic people were photographed

now, every subhuman with an undeserved sense of self esteem has an instagram
>>
>>2182055
This is the answer. Also, you only had black and white photos or photos with poor quality if you want to go back the full 100 years. So you're probably just automatically adjusting the poor image quality in your mind to a photo of a good looking person. And the black and white can make a person look better.
>>
>>2182044
Well considering 60-100 years isn't enough for any major evolutionary genetic changes and while people are fatter/eat absolute shit now there are still plenty who eat healthier than they ever could 60-100 years ago so I'm going to say since they had limited opportunities for filming and photography back then compared to now the only ones taken/worth saving were of important people who were good looking.
>>
>>2182054
Implying mixed race people aren't attractive.
Implying almost everyone has had a child with another race in only 2-4 generations of time.
>>
>>2182054
/pol/ pls go be retarded somewhere else
it's a combination of >>2182055 and people not giving a shit about looks in general (or just being fucking terrible about it)
Just girls putting on makeup badly can easily take down a point or two compared to no makeup, and pro makeup (like, you know, celebs and people in photos used to have) is basically cheat mode for looks (got a visagist friend, 20 minutes with her and you get a solid 2-3 points in looks male or female)
b&w photos also tend to enhance looks that's why that filter is so popular nowadays
>>
>>2182058

>racemixed children are good looking

I see you fell for the meme. Good goy
>>
Because Americans are disgusting degenerates. The genetic decadence is just a symptom
>>
>>2182061

I live in a tourist spot and I see a lot of Europeans. Holy fuck European women are almost always 8-9/10 here in America. In America women that are a 5/10 think they're a 9. Women that are actual 9's think they're celebrities and try to get Instagram famous.
>>
Because all the people you see from that long ago are politicians and actors who are all popular and successful because they were attractive.
>>
>>2182055

/thread
>>
File: $_57 (2).jpg (332 KB, 1600x1293) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (2).jpg
332 KB, 1600x1293
soft food throughout life leads to lesser development of jaw muscles, which leads to inferior jaws, which leads to diminished pressure on the maxilla, which leads increased likelihood of mouth breathing, which leads to elongation of the face, which is ugly as fuck.

it's soft bread, tender meat and a lack of veggies. truly degenerate.
>>
File: 1458966784591.jpg (11 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1458966784591.jpg
11 KB, 500x282
>>2182044

More eating, shittier food. More sitting, less moving. More inside, less outside. More acceptance, less self awareness and manners.

Also it wasn't that long ago that individuals who were extremely poor/ugly/stupid or otherwise undesirable typically didn't breed in society, PC culture didn't exist and were called out on being undesirable because there were no real social consequences for hurting feelings, and a spade was called a spade.

That and medical/pharmaceutical technology has allowed defectives to fill in the gaps in their malfunction, so they can pretend to be normal humans and are more likely to procreate and pass on their malfunction to one or more kids.

We've taken the filter out of the gene pool and there is no life guard. Anyone can hop in now.
>>
>>2182044
nostalgia-halo effect, the woman in your image isn't anything special she only seems it because it's black and white and she's well-dressed. Her facial structure is pretty ordinary.
>>
>>2182065
>which leads to diminished pressure on the maxilla, which leads increased likelihood of mouth breathing,
where is the link for these two? I have a recessed maxilla without any elongation of the face.
>>
>>2182044
Yeah you would totally know what the average person looked like 60-100 years ago. How fucking stupid are you? Do you think every fucker had a smart phone back then? Do you know how hard it was to produce a single photograph 100 years ago?

What's even worse are the fuckers spewing pseudoscience trying to explain your bullshit. Feels like I'm in fucking /pol/.
>>
>>2182062
I can confirm bro. I'm stationed in europe right now and i travel all over Europe. They are WAY better looking and also more down to earth. I can get maybe a 6/10 in the states atm but here 9/10's are just all up in my shit
>>
>>2182055
>>2182069
these
>>
>>2182044
They were just as ugly. Shitty cameras just masked a lot of ugliness. Also only wealthy people had cameras and exposure to them.
>>
>>2182045
I noticed this too. Also it's more common in the media in the beauty icons they promoted. I have the 90s-early 2000s ideal of beauty where women must have thin faces and chiseled but delicate jaws.
>>
>>2182071
yeh
>>
>>2182048
this, people are fatter
>>
>>2182045
Random girls in real life aren't as hot as the celebrities of the past? SHOCKING!
>>
>>2182069

>waaahhh I got my feelings hurt on /pol/

In case you haven't noticed by now 4chan isn't Reddit. So if you can't handle the content because it's not sugar coated enough for you then maybe you should fuck off to a different website that will cater to your mainstream beleifs.
>>
>>2182046
Damn that's gross, looks like neanderthal genes are getting expressed or something
>>
100 years ago, photographs were expensive, and not commonplace. No would waste time and money taking pictures of a plain or ugly person, unless they were of some importance.

Now every moron has a camera, and takes hundreds of pictures of themselves all the time.

I doubt there were many photographs of the place you shit 100 years ago, but today...
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/bathroom/
>>
>>2182054
>tripping /pol/fag

Stay in your containment board.
>>
selection bias in media

ESPECIALLY in the first half of the century, basically the only people even allowed on camera were attractive
>>
>>2182080

He's right. Not just race mixing across white to Hispanic or white to Asian. But Nordic to Italian, Nordic and Celts, etc. Racemixing across European lines as well. There was a study on it I cant find now, it showed how it negatively affects facial symmetry and proportions.

Go spend some actual time on /pol/ they post a lot of evidence to back up their claims. Once you graduate from 4chan /pol/ you'll know where to go next and you'll learn even more.
>>
>>2182080

Forgot to include, prior to 1965 America only preferred immigrants from Western and Northern Europe, the country was 90% white. So when people were having children back in the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s they were mostly from that region of Europe, hence why they were more attractive.
>>
>>2182044
>No lifting
Back then, people only did gymnastics

>Better diets
All natural, no fad diets

>Better makeup
>>
>>2182045
Moon faces weren't exactly uncommon in the time you mention, just look at Clara Bow.
>>
>>2182082
Pseudoscience from the thirties made by open white supremacists isn't evidence. Nice job swallowing that """red""" pill.

I have been on /pol/ multiple times. It was one part ironic Trump memeing, one part cuck obsession, one part "the Jews did it", and one part "I hate all brown people".
>>
>>2182086

You're a dumbass. Keep falling for the race mixing commercials on TV and le evil white supremacists.

You don't actually read any of the evidence, that much I can tell. There is plenty of modern evidence posted, you're probably one of those people who thinks race is only skin color.
>>
>>2182087
He's right about /pol/ tho desu senpai
>>
>>2182087
>muh buzzwords will save me!

Ok dude. Nobody cares, go be angry and lonely somewhere else.
>>
>>2182089

How about you go back to redbit or tumblr or wherever the fuck you came from?

This is 4chan, people call each other nigger, faggot, and kike. If that hurts your feelings go somewhere else.

I can tell you're really new here and you have zero understanding of the board culture.
>>
>>2182090
>muh board culture
hahaha oh wow
>>
>>2182090
>muh reddit boogeyman

You are supremely assblasted. Sorry that most of 4chan hates when you bring in unrelated bullshit, you cum guzzling fag.
>>
We live in an age of cuckdom and degeneracy. People 100 years ago were also morally superior.
>>
>>2182086
>t. Brown person
>>
>>2182055
This plus the fact we have high definition now a days
>>
>>2182062
I live in Los Angeles, next to Hollywood, so I'm used to seeing aesthetic American females every day. Is the mid west/south united states really that bad? Usually the European girls that come here aren't any better than what we already have here. Its not really fair to generalize such large region. I mean girls in the southern are fugly, but so are English girls. It really depends where you go
>>
>>2182070
That's because you're an exotic one night stand for a uniform groupie. Same thing happens in America, you're just not exotic here
>>
>>2182094
Not him but what difference does it make if he is or isn't? His claims are valid irregardless.
>>
>>2182094
>implying your race affects the validity of criticisms
>>
>>2182058
>>2182054
>>2182060
Half black half white are literally some of the most attractive people out there

Kill yourself /pol/
>>
>>2182100
many of the ugliest too. that's nature way of trying something new - 99 have to die to get 1 to do something better
>>
File: 1457590667299.jpg (27 KB, 480x1042) Image search: [Google]
1457590667299.jpg
27 KB, 480x1042
>>2182048
tfw single digit bf% and still store large amounts of fat under jaw/chin
>>
>>2182045
You posted this on /pol/ a month or so ago
Yes, it's usually due to excess estrogen/water retention
Also there's literally nothing wrong with her forehead
>>
>>2182103
Also adding to this: thyroid condition
>>
>>2182098
>>2182099
>t. not aryan people
>>
>>2182044
Accumulated Mutational load because of babies surviving birth that should die instead.. It's an incredibly bad problem that is hurting IQ as well
>>
>>2182044
Soft foods
Too many calories
Too muh estrogen from birth control
Mutational load from higher birth survival
>>
>>2182044
Race mixing.

You didn't listen, it's too late now.
>>
>>2182108
Benjamin Franklin was right. We should have kept north America for Anglos only.
>>
>>2182100

Do you want to debate me on /pol/ that race mixing is good? Because we can do that. I'll make a thread over there and you'll get BTFO. Let me know
>>
Because less cameras.

Only wealthy or attractive people had their photos taken. Today every cunt has a phone camera taking stupid selfies.
>>
>>2182110
Yes Anon. You go argue with that random person on the internet. Show them your superiority.
>>
Less people were photographed
The ones that were took time to groom
Anyone can shit themselves and take a selfie these days
>>
It's because you get your ideas of what eras were like from movies. Folks back then were just as ugly as the rest of us, uglier if you go farther back. There's a funny bit of Machiavelli where he fucks a prostitute in a dark room only to discover that she's the ugliest thing in the world, and then vomits on her.
>>
I noticed many actresses from the 30's-40's looked the same. Same hairstyle, makeup, clothing. I probably couldn't tell many apart from one another except for that ugly bug eyed Bette Davis.
>>
100 years ago the only photos people bothered to take and keep were those of people worth looking at

Now there are tons of high quality pictures for literally everyone that are immortalized in data.
>>
>>2182047
That diet, and all that WWII malnourishment that likely affected her eating habits afterwards.
>>
letting inferior races into the gene pool
>>
>>2182044
Shoulda actuallt picked a photo of an average person back then.
>>
>>2182086
>"""quotes"""

Yeah, Tumblr is more your speed. Stay there.
>>
>>2182054
This desu.

That doesn't mean that black and white=bad.
Different ethnic whites together produce ugly motherfuckers. I would know, cuz I am one.
>>
>>2182061
> genetic decadence

Yeah, decadence is a lifestyle of abusing money and luxury, not a gene
>>
File: Parade of nazi losers.jpg (110 KB, 790x559) Image search: [Google]
Parade of nazi losers.jpg
110 KB, 790x559
>>
File: London Suffragettes.jpg (3 MB, 5000x3384) Image search: [Google]
London Suffragettes.jpg
3 MB, 5000x3384
>>
>>2182112
Haha this. What a fucking pathetic faggot.
>>
>>2182100
Study of British girls found they found mixed race men the most attractive:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/8618606.stm

>>2182105
You're central Asian? Iranian?
>>
File: ignoreANGLO.png (67 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ignoreANGLO.png
67 KB, 512x512
>>2182123
>>2182124
even though there are no flags here, I can smell your beady-eyes from here, Anglo BLOOD
>>
File: figure1a_600.jpg (39 KB, 600x392) Image search: [Google]
figure1a_600.jpg
39 KB, 600x392
>>2182082
>Racemixing across European lines as well.

>The emergence of population genetics further undermined the categorisation of Europeans into clearly defined racial groups. A 2007 study on the genetic history of Europe found that the most important genetic differentiation in Europe occurs on a line from the north to the south-east (northern Europe to the Balkans), with another east-west axis of differentiation across Europe, separating the "indigenous" Basques and Sami from other European populations. Despite these stratifications it noted the unusually high degree of European homogeneity: "there is low apparent diversity in Europe with the entire continent-wide samples only marginally more dispersed than single population samples elsewhere in the world."[101][102][103][104]

Also:
http://www.nature.com/news/most-europeans-share-recent-ancestors-1.12950

You're several millennia too late for that in western Europe. Although there is evidence fringe groups like Sardinians, Finns, Sami, Basques are somewhat separate from the major Euro-gene pool
>>
File: Britbongs invade Deutschfaden.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Britbongs invade Deutschfaden.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>2182127
>UK has never lost a world war
>Cuckmany has never won a world war
>>
File: 1458502987501.jpg (900 KB, 1165x1756) Image search: [Google]
1458502987501.jpg
900 KB, 1165x1756
>>2182129
>>
>>2182044
Because women didn't look like pasty landwhales with ugly dyed haircuts in 100 years ago. Back then people adhered to social norms and beauty standards, now they are screaming "fuck that, I want to be a fat slob and be praised for doing so!"
>>
you niggers need to look at photos of normal people 60-100 years ago, and not celebs of one sort or another

people used to be complete uggos, and there has been quite a bit of eugenics in physical appearance in just a few generations

can't say the same for intelligence though
>>
>>2182044
>thinking women with broader shoulders look better than broad hips

why not go fuck a trap then
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 665x1191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 665x1191
>>
>last post a minute ago
>already page 10
???
>>
Internet
>>
>>2182044
The visual data of the era is biased since the ugly people just did not get photographed back then.

Now every shmuck has a camera, phone and an internet connection.
>>
>>2182044
Ugly people have always existed they just didnt have the internet to shit up with their ugly mugs
>>
>>2182110
>yeah, don't debate me one on one, let's do the equivalent of debating bacon on PETA's forums
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.