[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BOXES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: box2.jpg (359 KB, 1500x1084) Image search: [Google]
box2.jpg
359 KB, 1500x1084
Anyone else having problems with boxes?
Personally I buy figures for the ... well, figures. The fact that the boxes are so nice to look at is a pain, since they just spend their time in my cupboard, but as I move around (especially moving to smaller places), they become a serious strain on my space.
Anyone else have this feel? Does anyone here take the plunge and a sell/dispose of their boxes?
>>
You can look at box images online. Hell, save those images to your computer and make backups. You should only save physical packaging if it has a special meaning to you.
>>
>>5671130
I collect dolls, with them the boxes are a big part in proving you have a legit one (we have a lot of issues with recasts/fakes nowadays).
It's very common to keep them because of that, but also because the boxes look nice and belong to the full package.

However, the boxes are huge as fuck.
My whole attic is full with them, most of them are 80-90cm long.
I started storing things in them, if the design allowed it, like books or currently unused clothes.
Some of them have been gently pulled apart and flattened for better storage.

I know that isn't really possible with figures, so in your case I'd say just ask yourself if storing them is worth it for you.
Do you plan to sell some of your pieces?
Would you mind if you get less money because of a missing box in case you decide to get rid of your stuff?
If you don't mind, throw them out.
If you mind, maybe only keep the ones from figures that are really sought after?
>>
File: HOARDING-503.jpg (260 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
HOARDING-503.jpg
260 KB, 550x367
>>5671135
Eh, everything you say makes sense, but tt's always something with people who are sick.

>Everything has a special meaning to me
or
>Someday this trash will be worth something
>>
>>5671130
why dont you just flatten them?
>>
>>5671693
No point when you have the plastic blisters.
>>
>>5671130
>this thread again

No one forces you to keep boxes. If you have a better storage solution, use it. If you are worried about resale value, then quit your bitching.

>I keep some boxes, but not everything.
>>
>>5671140
>but also because the boxes look nice and belong to the full package.

This is the reason I keep mine. My collection is pretty small though, so space is not an issue. But I work as a graphic designer, so I get a kick out of box designs. And seeing as most of my figures are very rare/expensive, that means their boxes are also a rare item.

>>5671141

This is silly, but last year my gf and I visited the packaging design museum in London and it really hit me how beautiful and precious even some shitty boxes can be. Just as a record of human consumption. Especially the really old stuff that managed to survive, when so much of it is thrown away. Not that I'm endorsing shitty hoarding behaviour, but I thought it was neat.
>>
File: tips_reddora.png (92 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tips_reddora.png
92 KB, 400x400
>figmashit
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.