[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Dolls with Murderous Intent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76
File: 1438553476257.jpg (312 KB, 1600x670) Image search: [Google]
1438553476257.jpg
312 KB, 1600x670
Last thread: >>5635209

>FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

>Want to compare sizes?
Comparison heaven:
http://dollection.fi/heaven/
*note: They need help filling their database

>Got a lot of time to look through different retailers?
http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>>
File: tumblr_o6ry0llJj51vo1if7o1_500.jpg (79 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6ry0llJj51vo1if7o1_500.jpg
79 KB, 427x640
>>5658132
Soooo... last thread brought us:

>Chrome vs. Metallic
(Though seriously, if you have a chrome technique that doesn't look like shit on resin and won't destroy props, post for that one anon)

>Photog techniques rehashed

>We all have different reasons for liking dolls

>Getting birthday money is normal in some situations and nobody cares if you got married at 23.

>Ah, the woes of building up decent wardrobes for dolls.

>The milk mustache trend is getting out of hand, and looks worst from Culur

>The vitiligo Coffee looks like she was shoveling jizz to her mouth like a thirsty whore since it is only on her mouth and hands.

>Still no consensus on a codeword.
>>
File: DSCF4414.jpg (684 KB, 1312x764) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4414.jpg
684 KB, 1312x764
>>
File: iplehouse soo by dink.jpg (36 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
iplehouse soo by dink.jpg
36 KB, 500x751
How do you guys decide on/plan a face-up? I see a lot of faceups I like but I'd feel like a shitter copying people.
>>
>>5658449
Try saving images of the ones you like to a folder and then viewing them to identify different features you like (eyebrow shape, lip color, style of lip line, blush color and intensity, et cetera) out of each one, resulting in one faceup that you designed yourself but contains elements you like from ones youve seen
>>
>>5658449
I just pull make-up looks I like from fashion magazines and the like. I'm really into the makeup in larme-kei right now. It looks really nice on BJDs.
>>
>>5658449
I have a huge folder saved with all kinds of face-ups, body-blushings, tattoos and so on.
Color schemes, different ways to paint eyebrows and lashes, blushing styles, texturing and so on.
On Tumblr I have a "reference" tag for everything I come across that could inspire a face-up in future (human make-up, nailart, that kind of stuff).

The whole "do not copy" thing is supposed to be applied to 'unique' face-ups, not your millionth peach colored natural face-up with brown eyebrows and dark brown lashes.
Don't worry to much there.

For your own face-up, first come up with the basics: what eye and hair color will the doll have in the end?
If you are still shit at picking colors for the face-up then, look at dolls that have a similar color scheme going on and ask yourself if you like what you see and if it's close to how you imagine the finished product to look like.

In case you can't 'see' a face on a blank head or have trouble painting one due to how the head is sculpted, have a look at Flickr and search for face-up pictures for this head.
I had a few heads that were a lot of trouble to paint, after looking how other artists placed the eyebrows or blushed certain parts things got a lot easier.
You can look at references without copying something completely.
>>
To the anon who wanted that cute SIO2 girl! Its now for sale through this taobao agent? Someone posted about it on my facebook friends so I'm not quite sure what the deal is. The price doesn't look right, but hey, here you go!

http://tbsourcingservice.com/cats/detail?item=531293559975
>>
>>5659136
the taobao agent's facebook is CrystalYi29 looking through it she talks about selling Sio2 dolls.
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 500x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 500x760
SOON
>>
>>5659136
Fffffuck that's cute
>>
>>5658567
>larme-kei

I'm not familiar with this at all. Can you post some examples, dolls or humans?
>>
>>5659187
I looked around myself, Larme is a magazine and apparently it's not a"style itself.
What I saw though makes me think of "that japanese Volks aesthetic that always wins the DWC contests and isn't too flashy, dramatic or otherwise detailed".
Looks like basic and cute make-up.
>>
File: 1442041638652.jpg (19 KB, 431x575) Image search: [Google]
1442041638652.jpg
19 KB, 431x575
>>5659196
I hear Larme kei gaining popularity on /cgl/ and pretty much agree with this assessment. It's basically the same outfits and stuff as you see from Volks, and other companies.
>>
File: 01113.jpg (122 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
01113.jpg
122 KB, 500x335
>>5659187
>>
Ha. Any bets on when DoA will deem these off topic for no ankle joints? :^)
>>
>>5659225
Except for the lipstick it just looks really plain.
I also think the lipstick looks a little weird, everything is so nude and light and then BAM pink Barbie lips.

On a doll I bet it looks even worse, since you need blushing and the like to actually bring out the shapes and add depth.
>>
>>5659240
I agree. I've seen many dolls with faceups like that and they all look terrible.
>>
Since someone already started the faceup topic...

Anyone have any basic as hell eyebrow tutorials. I'm a dumpster when it comes to eyebrows and I'm stuck now days. I can do everything well, but eyebrows murder me. Specially cuz I like thick eyebrows.

I tried looking for tutorials before but they always skip to adding texture to the eyebrows and shit. I watched xhanthi but her tutorials are as helpful as a bottle of water in Canada right now.
>>
>>5659565
I'm not a pro faceup artist by any means, but what I've been taught is to use a stiff brush and dab pastel in the general shape and then use an eraser to tidy it up to what you like, seal, then add your details with paint or pencil.
>>
>>5659565
I used Maidentrollblood's tutorial when I started out. I really like her explanations. After I got the hang of eyebrows, I start doing the shapes and strands of hair different than her but I think her video is a great starting point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saBU5aTm67w
>>
File: 1461370677153.jpg (44 KB, 430x552) Image search: [Google]
1461370677153.jpg
44 KB, 430x552
>first doll coming in today
>they leave it at the front desk of my apartment instead of my door for some reason despite me being there all day to hear for a knock

Cocksuckers. I'll probably post some pics with my (shitty) phone later once I get her and get her unwrapped.
>>
>>5659592
unboxing pics!
>>
>>5659565
You can also watch regular makeup tutorials for brows. Most muas do the thick bold brows now anyway.

Also for PNW codeword
What about drawing a 4 leaf clover in green marker on your left hand??? No exchange of words necessary.
>>
File: vKgfrU3.jpg (3 MB, 4720x3200) Image search: [Google]
vKgfrU3.jpg
3 MB, 4720x3200
Wow.
>>
>>5659632
I really hate that makeup trend and I don't understand it. Is it sort of like the pendulum swinging the other way, cause in the 90's way too many girls were over-plucking and drawing thin stupid looking brows on purpose?

Can't we just go back to normal fucking eyebrows? I haven't seen a single one of these chicks not look like they painted on their eyebrows, and it's weird as hell.
>>
File: 1448319847131.jpg (76 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448319847131.jpg
76 KB, 720x960
>>5659635
It's not the best, but certainly not the worst. The silver crust on the eyelashes confuse me a bit. Lower lashes are basic as fuck. The... uh.. freckles (I'm assuming) look bad, but they at least somewhat color coordinated the eyes and hair.

I guess when you see so many abominations, this isn't so bad.
>>
>>5659644
Somebody save that poor Hujoo Wings ;_;
>>
>>5659644
The MLP shirt is really just the icing on the cake.
>>
What a mess. Can't even do a proper gore mod.
>>
>>5659661
It's excreting glitter from its nose and saliva.

Just how much lead paint did Elfgutz eat as a child?
>>
>>5659661
I love how his name's Jupiter but he has Saturn in his eye. Fucking retarded Elfgutz.
>>
>>5659671
Jupiter has rings too.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>>5659565
I try my best to explain how I do it.
There are several ways people do the brows, but that's how I did it the last years with success.

First, get a brush like pic related.
Flexible, but firm and with a blocky shape.
You use it to blush the base for the eyebrows.

Dip it into your pastels, brush excess powder off and then swipe it where you want your first eyebrow to be.
Angle the tip like this /, not like this |, and for the outer tips go for - and short movements.
Aim for an angle and thickness that is close to your desired final shape.
Make the inner part (to the nose) lighter and the tips (to the ears) darker.
Afterwards take a piece of magic eraser or a normal eraser and gently bring the base into its final form.
Afterwards do the second eyebrow.
This might need a few tries, since it's hard to get them to match.
Just keep blushing and erasing till you are happy.
Taking a photo helps greatly too!

Afterwards, seal the fuck out of them.
Do a layer, let it dry, do another, let it dry, another.
Afterwards get a thin, but short, brush for the line work.
Something like the detail brushes from Games Workshop (with the yellow or light orange ring) works well.
Put some acrylic paint on a plate and dilute it, I'm a big fan of Liquitex Flow-Aid for that.
Just a few drops, mix it, and then dip your brush slightly in.
Roll off the brush on a surface (I use the back of my left hand for that...), to get rid off too much paint and to form a /\ brush tip.
Now start painting the hairs, I usually start with the outer tip, then the middle, then the front.
Do one layer first on both brows, then seal and add more hairs.
Seal again, then pick a few hairs to repaint, that way you get slightly lighter and darker hairs.
Look how other artists place the hairs, I personally like how Pearls of Danube does it.

Keep calm and do hair by hair, don't go all messy and wipe your brush after every few hairs.
That's it, hope it helps anon.
>>
>>5659235
I wish they had mature face sculpts :/
>>
>>5659692
Adding: when blushing the brows it's usually a good idea to seal them inbetween and then darken the tips.
Especially when you want a dark color this is needed, since one layer can only hold up so many particles till you start pushing them around instead of adding more on top.
>>
>>5659136
God this is so cute. How much do you think the price will be? I've never bought a BJD before, but if her price is reasonable, I think I might take the leap into the rabbit hole.
>>
File: IMG_1700.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1700.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
My Magic Time Rachel arrived! Don't know how much you want to deal with an unboxing dump so I'll just post the final results.

I might get a new wig for her (little too pink) and need to pick up heeled feet, but I'm pretty satisfied for my first doll. She has magnets on her head and back, came with threaded jointed hands, and a free wig (purple, didn't really work with outfit).

[spoiler]Please ignore my boyfriend's arm[/spoiler].
>>
>TFW Luts has wigs & shoes you NEED, for 30% off, but shipping still costs as much as your entire order.
>>
>>5659692
>>5659569
>>5659575
>>5659707

Awesome, thanks for the much needed help. I'll try out all of these and see exactly what works for me.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (93 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
93 KB, 480x640
>>5659972
>Dirty floor
>clothing strewn about the floor

Filthy disgusting animal how dare you let a doll wallow in such squalor. You can dump several $100 on resin but can't afford a vacuum?
>>
>>5659830
Surprisingly cheap if you wish to jump through the Taobao hoops to get her. (Which isn't all that difficult.)

>>5659972
I've really been considering getting their tiny Jazz Code. She looks rather cute, all things considered. I hear shit about Magic Time every now and then, but they seem to be rather photogenic at least.
>>
>>5659632
>What about drawing a 4 leaf clover in green marker on your left hand???
Ok but that's my doll carrying hand, and I have vinyls. I aint giving my dolls Hulk syndrome.
>>
File: homegirls be like.jpg (27 KB, 432x540) Image search: [Google]
homegirls be like.jpg
27 KB, 432x540
When you don't have anything to put your doll head on so you use a dildo.
>>
>>5659661
We have a challenger.
>>
>>5660485
don't forget that they are also twins, somehow...someway.
>>
>>5660433
Ok then a green ribbon or something idk??
>>
>>5660433
>>5660637
A green lanyard for your con badge. You're welcome.
>>
>>5660562
there is such a thing as fraternal twins, anon
>>
>>5659972
She's very cute, anon!
>>
>>5659635
she's posted that doll a lot. I guess she's improving since that first one.
>>
>>5661060
Fraternal twins are fraternal twins, not just twins. But who cares about details.
>>
>>5660828
I like this
>>
>>5660471
Ayyy. Dollshe Amanda keeps getting turned into a tranny or somehow gets treated like this. It's pretty hilarious. Wonder how Mr. Dollshe feels about stuff like this since he chronicled how hard he pushed himself to release this line.

>>5660485
That would be really painful to cry tears of semen.
>>
>>5660485
Whose dolls are these? I need my daily dose of cringe.
>>
>>5660828
Boom. Handled. I like this too.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10-12-27-54.png (504 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10-12-27-54.png
504 KB, 720x1280
>>5661454
>>
>>5661687
Thank you desu~

BTW. Does anyone know how to make a really nicely fitted hard wig cap without elastic? I have tried many glue methods but they always leave ugly gaps.
>>
>>5659661
She literally fucking ripped that off from an artist, I can't remember who but she draws glittery gore stuff and there's a piece with a girl with a planet stick in her face like that. I'll try to find it.
>>
>>5661931
Sounds like saccstry
>>
>>5660471
Isn't that a person's hand? With their pointer in the neck and the other fingers curled up? Can't imagine most dildos would be thin enough to fit a doll head since that's like an 8cm diameter.

>>5661855
Why would you need elastic for a HARD cap? Soft (stretchy) caps are the ones that need elastic. The way I usually make them is: cover the doll's head with plastic wrap, stretch your cap material (usually pantyhose-type thin stretch material) over the head and tie it, brush on diluted tacky glue, let it dry, remove and cut to size. It should fit well, sometimes there's a little gap at the nape of the neck but I throw a couple stitches in there and it tightens up.
>>
>>5662186
Thanks for the help. I'll try the stithes because my problem is with the nape of the neck.
I don't know why I wrote elastic. I was brainfarting since the creator of the wig in the pic I posted said she uses elastic. oops
>>
>>5660431
Wait so is the listed price the real price? 13 USD seems too good to be true.
>>
>>5662363
Add details first. Her price will go up.
Naked seems to be running about ~250.
>>
>>5660828
I like this too!
>>
>>5661687
if I were exposed to this cancerous aesthetic when I first heard of the hobby I might not have joined.
>>
I'm sorry if this is out of place, but does anyone know where to find an updated list of doll comms around the world? I'm going to be moving to South Korea and wanted to see if there were any groups there I could join.
>>
>>5663554
Where are you moving? I don't speak a lick of Korean but I can guess that going to the Nine9style cafe and asking around would be a good place to start (aside from korean doll forums)
>>
File: now we have torpedo mantits.jpg (86 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
now we have torpedo mantits.jpg
86 KB, 540x810
Jesus, and I thought Volks/Choo's torpedo tit bust pieces were bad. I'm cool with the muscleman aesthetic, but those nips are just impractical unless he's going to be sitting around topless. Even then, it's a stretch.
>>
>>5663700
Shame on you, anon, for not wanting the FtM/Juicer represented in a Gyno sculpt.
>>
File: David-Kuncci_600900_04.jpg (312 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
David-Kuncci_600900_04.jpg
312 KB, 600x900
>>5663709
oh come on its not that bad. he doesnt look like he has gyno at all. its only the nipple bud that big, a problem easily solved by a little sanding.

DOLLSHE's nipples, however, are a whole other story.
>>
>criminal comes in to rent something at work
>recognize him from the "Most Wanted" section in the newspaper
>stall him by letting him look around and choose which model he would like
>call Crime Stoppers, give them his information (he has to provide an ID for us to copy and run through checks, so this guy isn't very bright)
>he ends up booking it before the cops arrive
>few days later, he's apprehended
>be paragon of justice
>get reward
>not the optimal $1k, but $200 is still nice
Fuck yeah, more money for doll shit
>>
File: tumblr_myjjhrgfPX1t85b26o1_500.gif (1013 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myjjhrgfPX1t85b26o1_500.gif
1013 KB, 500x372
I got a tracking number for my shipped doll. The tracking hasn't activated but it's been 3 months so I fucking excited regardless.
>>
>>5663863
supporting the prison-industrial complex, one doll at a time.
>>
>>5664638
Prison-industrial complex has jack all to do with dangerous people, you dink. (Aka, you know, the people on the most wanted list?) It has to do with simple shit like pot getting you arrested/put away for life because of the 3 strikes policy and how they use this large group of people who shouldn't be in jail at all to make money for corporations.
It, again, has jack all to do with people who need to go to prison.

Good on you, >>5663863 . Enjoy whatever you get.
>>
So, this is driving me insane. Did anyone else put in an order with MintOnCard for Doll Chateau for the December event? I'm seeing tons of the event dolls and my order is still just a giant question mark. I want my dolls, damnit.
>>
>>5664856
Email them?
>>
>>5664874
I'm getting pretty close, but everyone in my general area is repeatedly reminding me that it WAS an event, and it's only been 20 weeks since the order was submitted.
>>
>>5664881
Even so, as long as you're not constantly pinging MOC like "WHERE'S MY SHIT," they're very chill about giving you updates. I have a couple of layaways and was curious about their statuses and they got back to me pretty quick, even though I was just barely halfway through the wait period.
>>
>>5664890
I'll go ahead and shoot them an email, then. Thanks. :)
>>
>>5663700
>>5663774
Idk about yall but gyno's my typa fetish. The bigger a man's nipples the sexier he is. And those David Kuncci nipples are perfectoooo~~
>>
>>5664856
I did! DC seems to be slightly behind on orders since both the fall/winter events were so popular. I ordered late November and my Christina with make-up and a blank Carol came...two weeks ago? Maybe less. Still, given the waiting room list on DoA as well, your order should be in within the next month.
>>
>>5665075
God, I hope so. I move at the end of June and am starting to stress really hard about it.
>>
>>5663582
I'll be teaching and I don't know where I'm going to be placed yet. I'll look up the cafe and see if there's anything about meet ups, thank you!
>>
Whats up with Luts lately? I want to order a body from them but I keep seeing all sorts of customer service complaints and thats making me nervous. I was hoping to wait for their Summer event if they have one this year. Maybe I'll go through MOC.
>>
>>5665473
Is just a bunch of whiney bitches that can't be patient. Luts is behind compared to their usual 2-3 months waiting period and everyone is going batshit crazy because is luts. They can't wait for a few months then they don't deserve resin, I been waiting close to 7 months now for my peak's wood and that's life. Order your shit if you want it and wait patiently.
>>
File: 1234445.jpg (55 KB, 509x960) Image search: [Google]
1234445.jpg
55 KB, 509x960
It gets worse every time I see it. So asymmetrical and blobby. It's an ok attempt for a first BJD, but not something worth $400 with an almost 1 year wait time.
>>
>>5665559
Honestly, the body's not bad. Not $400 good, but Maybe worth slightly more than a Resinsoul. But the head.. . . especially in those colors. . ..babby's first playdoh accident.
>>
>>5665588
I wanna know what the fuck is going on with the mismatched jelly rolls just under the chest part.
>>
>>5665593
One hip is higher than the other. Makes the love handles asymmetrical.
Not sure if it's a posing thing, an intentional "sassy, one-hand-on-hip" style, or just bad sculpting.
>>
>>5665559
Yuck. That head is awful
>>
File: image.jpg (869 KB, 1591x2987) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
869 KB, 1591x2987
New tripod, really loving it so far for longer shutter times.
>>
>>5665559
Holy shit, this went from an okay sculpt to total garbage. I remember when i first saw it I thought it was okay, not great but just ok, but it got worst. That face is awful, looks like someone ran her over.
>>
File: pathos tale pan.jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
pathos tale pan.jpg
80 KB, 600x800
Saw this doll in the DoA news and my heart fluttered. Sadly, the more I read the worse it got. No option to purchase the face-up, none of the accessories are offered, she can't stand on her own and she doesn't come with a stand OR the option for human legs.

Ah well, only really liked the head and horns anyways.
>>
>>5665630
Your doll is the sexiest doll I've ever seen. Keep posting more of her <3
>>
>>5665559
ayyyyy
>>
>>5665559
It's like someone took everything I hate about the DC Elizabeth sculpt and traced it in crayon.
>>
File: DSCF4556.jpg (347 KB, 667x891) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4556.jpg
347 KB, 667x891
>>5665771
Thanks!
>>
File: DSCF4559.jpg (281 KB, 609x949) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4559.jpg
281 KB, 609x949
>>5665888
>>
File: DSCF4565.jpg (217 KB, 571x797) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4565.jpg
217 KB, 571x797
>>5665909
>>
File: DSCF4569.jpg (235 KB, 603x1141) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4569.jpg
235 KB, 603x1141
>>5665914
>>
File: DSCF4568.jpg (253 KB, 551x997) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4568.jpg
253 KB, 551x997
>>5665949
sorry, color and contrast came out a bit yucky on some pics, and boring background. Working on it.
>>
>>5665502
if thats all it is I'm glad I asked
>>
I consider myself pretty simple and usually look away when I see shit I don't like, but this made me physically angry anons...
>>
>>5666149
Absolutely vomit inducing. Thanks for including the guy's username anon.
>>
File: tumblr_mocr5xkQ851qdw2ozo1_.jpg (84 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mocr5xkQ851qdw2ozo1_.jpg
84 KB, 426x640
>>5666149
Oh god, that 'guy'.
Saw his posts on DoA already, his Instagram is a goldmine for cringe.
>>
>>5663554
You should try to hit up the Doll Free market and socialize there. There really are a ton of BJD fans there, but I'm not sure they're friendly to waygook. better if you're asian/korean-passing. Do you have any korean language experience?
>>
>>5665559
Shit this is worse than I even thought. Especially the lumpy/unfinished thighs and ass. She really didn't finish this...
>>
File: tumblr_o71bdhjwwo1rascg6o5_540.jpg (52 KB, 372x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o71bdhjwwo1rascg6o5_540.jpg
52 KB, 372x810
>>5666725

Forgot the picture, lumpy thighs/ass
>>
Hi guys I'm a newbie and I was reading the /toy/ bjd guide and in the Dream of Doll section it says "avoid now". May I ask why that is?
>>
>>5666743
aside from the hobby falling out of love with their dolls, i'm not sure. back in the day there were only a few well known companies, and dream of doll was one of them. they were as popular as luts (back when luts sold Cerberus project dolls before Cerberus project struck out on their own and became fairyland)

while other companies seemed to have improved over the years, dream of doll never has. they've been forgotten over time because they never kept up with everyone else. their dolls all look exactly the same, they haven't improved their engineering. i can't even remember new news being posted about them, or when they last had a new sculpt? does anyone even buy from them anymore?
>>
>>5666743
As far as I know they also don't openly offer Paypal anymore.
At least this is what I remember from a girl who till today only owns DOD dolls and stopped buying from them because it got more and more difficult.

Other anon is correct, they stopped changing a looong time ago.
They just seem stuck and even if they have a release once in a new moon nobody cares.
Their bodies are also pretty old by now, the faces all look the same.
They are hard to sell, have limited skincolors or different options at all.

Unless you really, really like the aesthetic of their faces you should probably go for something else.
>>
>>5666815
>>5666766
Thank you very much for your helps dear anons.
>>
File: bitchesbeliars.jpg (1 MB, 1370x1822) Image search: [Google]
bitchesbeliars.jpg
1 MB, 1370x1822
some drama inducing shit maybe?

OP posted this in a FB community page. She was talking about frapzilla and how it took her 6 months to get 4 wigs, but she was alright with that, for some reason? what pissed off OP was that the pictures were clearly photoshopped. Anyone heard about bullshit like this from them before?

OP deleted thread after it got too much attention but I saved the pics because I'm an instigator.

Photoshopping colors is one thing, but erasing traces of wig caps? What an asshole.
>>
File: wew.jpg (98 KB, 540x718) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
98 KB, 540x718
>>5665559
The faces gives me the drag queen vibe.
>>
glanced at some of the pics in these generals from time to time

so, do people make these things disgustingly ugly just to have it be "muh subversions" or what? I don't get it.
>>
>>5667011

Not really they just have no skills or bad taste. The weird glitter gore bullshit is a trend that only try hard edge lord tumblrinas really like.
>>
>>5666979

I've always heard frapzilla was shady and took forever to make wigs. Glad to have confirmation.
>>
>>5667015
Okay, so what about the ugly troll-doll-proportioned alien things?

What I'm really trying to figure out here is if you're making something to be a fashion doll waifu, why wouldn't you make it pretty? There's got to be a line between "differences in taste" and "literally a midget with no arms".
>>
>>5667008
Looks like a Monster High ripoff.
>>
>>5666979
damn wtf, glad I never ordered from her then. what are some other good places to get already-made and custom-made wigs from? doesn't have to be both, tho
>>
>>5667020
Well, most resin bjd collectors are female so no need for the waifu type. Also, some of the most vocal collectors have a rather... weird taste that /toy/ fags end up making fun of.
>>
>>5667008
Oh god, the close up makes it look even worst.
>>
>>5666149
>having been provided straws
...what? bitch can't afford straws?
>>
>>5667032
Most of the actual doll companies have decent wigs, and I've gotten good quality from Coolcat and Licht. Licht especially, their wigs vary between a super silky nylon-like fiber and a fine soft heat resistant type (if you're a cosplayer, its very similar to the stuff Arda uses) and come in a decent range of colors.
>>
I need help with faceup. I want to create a more realistic looking blushing on my doll's face that is white skin (dollzone/dollchateau white) and need some help with how to achieve such look.
To me almost all freckled dolls look realistic but I don't want freckles on my dolls. I also know that it is very hard to get a realistic look from a paper white resin but that's why I'm asking here.
Can anyone help me with tips and tricks please?
>>
File: 02.png (791 KB, 864x742) Image search: [Google]
02.png
791 KB, 864x742
>>5667145
Sorry I forgot to add pictures.
I want something like this but more dramatic. But I don't want to overblush either. I figure if I leave out the freckles it will look very weird.
>>
>>5667008
Jfc what are proportions
>>
>>5667121
ahh, thanks. never heard of Licht before, I'll bookmark it ty
>>
>>5664638
>>5664855
He was wanted for theft, so that was a huge red flag in our line of work. Not that it makes a huge difference. I don't mind throwing some asshole that stole $7000 worth of stuff under the bus if I get rewarded for it.

>>5664856
>>5665075
Dang, I ordered a doll from the Spring event-- or, whichever one came after the Winter event. They love their events.

>>5665559
>>5666728
>>5667008
Gross. My expectations were never high for this project... but the end product still looks bad.
>>
>>5665593
Those are lines from working out.
>>
>>5667109
>such a poorfag he can't go into a fast food place and take a few straws
I guess. That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I feel this guy is familiar somehow. Like there's been some shit brought up on him before. Kinda funny he didn't give his self portrait doll a pedostache too.

>>5666979
Oh damn, now that you know to look for it, it's so obvious.
>dem Steven Tyler lips
>shoop on the MNF's eyebrows

>>5667181
A few anons here that do faceups have been doing skin texturing on their dolls. Hopefully they can give some advice.
>>
File: 26462037960_b0a1f8c4b5_h.jpg (450 KB, 1600x1317) Image search: [Google]
26462037960_b0a1f8c4b5_h.jpg
450 KB, 1600x1317
>>5667294
>tfw I know that reference
I love you, Anon. She's not quite that brick-shaped, though.
>>
>>5665630
>>5665888
>>5665909
>>5665914
>>5665949
>>5665953
I think OL-san might be my new doll-fu. You're making me want to get a volks of my own, anon.
>>
>>5667310
Wow!!! The first DD that I actually fall in love with. I love the faceup except for the eyebrows. I mean what the fuck is even happening with them? Those eyes are so beautiful.
>>
>>5665593
The person sculpting has never seen anyone who is of a healthy weight obviously
>>
>>5665658
No faceup
>no stand
>can't stand
>does not come with accessories
Why even advertise the doll this way then?

>>5660485 is way worse than >>5666149
imo. At least he's not drooling glitter semen looking like he has the downs.

>>5666766
>>5666743
Man that takes me back. E-an was my dream sculpt. Their older dolls are all gorgeous looking still but their new stuff is all terrible. All went down when they introduced DOI. That and the unmatchable pink skin tone and hard to shop for torso/feet. Also no fantasy parts. As everyone said, they're kind of just not adapting to the new bjd market.

>>5666979
damn that's a shitty thing to do. Why was it taken down? people should know about shoddy shit. Don't shoop your items this much damn.
>>
>>5666979
Aw man, when you know it you can actually easily see where she smudged around to remove the headcap.
Why the fuck would you do that?

A friend of mine was among the people who had commissioned her.
She's actually a super patient person, she has a shitton of clothes/face-ups/wigs from artists who need up to a year, but she totally lost her mind with Frapzilla.
She kept on lying and was difficult to reach, something you should never do when you are a slow artist.
Friend had offered her to send back the head instead, but she kept on how the wig will be finished "next week".

Friend got their wig in the end, and is very happy with it (has no parting though, so no visible headcap anyway) but she also said she would never ever commission her again after that clusterfuck.

>>5667011
>>5667020
The fugly dolls you see here are posted for fun and for drama.
Even among the majority of doll collectors they are seen as a bad example.

Waifus are usually with the Dollfie Dreams (the anime girls), you have more male collectors there too.
We mostly speak about BJDs here, with a more female base, and like to make fun of the especially shitty ones.
There's a bit of a rainbow and "no hurt feelings" mentality in the hobby, so when people post shit they still get praised, it can be very nice to see the same people here get ripped to shreds.
There ARE people with husbando dolls, but there you also have good and bad ones.
Same with the animu titty waifus, some just look horrible.
>>
File: whiteskinfaceup.jpg (219 KB, 650x1521) Image search: [Google]
whiteskinfaceup.jpg
219 KB, 650x1521
>>5667145
well, she doesnt have skin texturing and isnt exactly realistic, but here's an example of a faceup ive done on a white skin doll. (i've barely ever been hired to work on white skin, probably less than 10 times despite having done close to 200 faceups)

my suggestion is to use light greyish blues, light cool browns, lilacish purples, and pale pinks. purple will semi neutralized inevitable yellowing, also you can usually see bluish purpleish shades under very pale people's skin.
>>
File: 16365225597_892da2c4ef_z.jpg (71 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
16365225597_892da2c4ef_z.jpg
71 KB, 640x425
>>5667145
White skin is a bit of a bitch to get right.
If you use too much blushing it ends up looking sunburned, and blending is a bitch when the base tone is paper white (which DZ/DC is in the beginning).

I know what you mean with the freckled look.
It's supposed to be texture, but due the size of the heads it always ends up looking like heavy freckles to me too.

I tried to go through my folders, but it's hard to find something fitting.
You meant more dramatic, so something like pic related?
(I will post a few more in a second)
>>
File: 7992773734_b6cec477f9_o.jpg (130 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
7992773734_b6cec477f9_o.jpg
130 KB, 600x400
>>5667551
Less dramatic, but the skin texture might be interesting.
It's in bigger, but also lighter, spots.
Looks less like freckled, but when done right you can blush more without changing the overall skintone too much
>>
File: 77384325.jpg (59 KB, 750x501) Image search: [Google]
77384325.jpg
59 KB, 750x501
>>5667554
Bottom, example for a more colorful approach.

Good thing with white skin is that you can use a lot of different colors on the head and still make it work.
I am in the same boat like >>5667542, I painted a lot of face-ups for my customers in the last years, but I rarely am asked to paint white skin.
And usually the dolls are already yellowed, so it's more of a cream.

Depending on the "feeling" you want for the head I would either go the blue/purple/rosy base like other anon said, or light peach/warm gray/light brown.
The latter is probably more suitable for a realistic, "human" face-up.
You can still add some other colors in moderation (like a light blue for the inner curve from eyes to nose) and for certain areas to stick out more.

It's just important that you add the colors slowly and in thin layers.
Don't go full on heavy blushing right away, else you get the sunburn look.
Make sure that certain areas stay mostly white, to keep mismatches between head/body to a minimum.
After you gave the wanted spots a basic, flesh colored blushing you can start adding more depth with a warm gray tone.
Again, not too dark, just a bit.
If you want a textured look, without heavy freckling, work in larger patches that are barely darker than your lightest blushing.

Hope that helped anon!
>>
>>5667564
What is the bottom sculpt here?
>>
>>5667628
It's a Zaoll, if I remember correctly "Luv".
Muse has the open mouth, but there is also a few others.
Just check Dollmore, they sell them.
>>
>>5667541
Sounds like what happened with my order from mostrodesigns. Took forever to get into contact with them, when I did it was always "soon, soon" and it took over a month to get a pre-made item from her. When I finally got it, shit was cheap and not worth the price, I couldn't even use it.
>>
>>5667564
I love Bluoxyde's stuff. I think they've finally casted that little doll they've been working on. Can't wait to see what it looks like painted. Looks really cool so far I think.
>>
>>5667564
>>5667305
>>5667554
>>5667551
>>5667542
Thank you beautiful people for your help. Everything was easy to understand and the tips were great. Love you guys
>>
>>5667542
I really love your work, do you take commissions?
>>
File: 00smi503.png (426 KB, 514x677) Image search: [Google]
00smi503.png
426 KB, 514x677
>>5667855
Just for the lulz I'm going to post my craptastic attempt at faceup. Once upon a time I was proud of this work LOL I'm going to use the tips you guys give me to hopefully do this poor doll justice.
>>
>>5667870

well i mean, that's not the worst faceup i've seen on these threads. it could be way worse.
>>
File: DSCF4574.jpg (321 KB, 718x1077) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4574.jpg
321 KB, 718x1077
>>5667312
one more!
unbutton-down-blouse.jpg
>>
>>5667859
i did in the past, but unfortunately right now i'm not. i just don't have the time or energy lately. maybe eventually in the future i might open slots again but i can't see it being any time soon. thanks for liking my work though!
>>
File: reallynigga.jpg (56 KB, 436x615) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
56 KB, 436x615
>>5667870
its really not that bad. good line work could have actually make it look pretty decent. i'm not sure if you were going for the more rough, splotchy painterly look or not, sort of like the artist who did pic related (i forgot their name)

if you were, you're doing pretty good, just need better line work for the hairs. if not, then... hmmm, use less pastel, but more layers, that way it wont bunch up in all those specks.
>>
>>5667898
Damn, I'm too late lol. It's better to take care of your health though, so I understand. Thanks for replying :)
>>
>>5667870
that face-up gives me the impression of a diamond-in-the-rough: cleaned up and refined, it'd be pretty nice imo. If you keep practicing I could see you doing well, anon.
>>
>>5667905
Yeah I was trying to go for that look but it ended up very sloppy and dirty looking. In the picture it doesn't look as bad but in real life it's an orange mess LOL. Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely have to work on my line work.
>>
>>5667936
Thanks anon. I'm going to shed tears of happiness.
>>
File: 00smi605.png (684 KB, 652x698) Image search: [Google]
00smi605.png
684 KB, 652x698
Might as well post a picture of the actual thing before wiping everything off. The wig is atrocious too. I ordered some Ramie fiber to make another one. Alpaca was too annoying for me. Hopefully it turns better.
>>
>>5667855
No problem, anon.
I'm actually still surprised how low the amount of white skin dolls in my own portfolio, and my reference folder, is.
Back in the days white skin was the hottest shit, but I also feel like new WS is nowadays more cream right from the start.
Paper white is uncommon, probable because it ages fast and badly.

>>5667870
That style is really hard to get right.
It's a thin line between "smudgy mess" and "it's supposed to look like an old painting".

Dude here >>5667905 is btw by Arlequeen M
on Flickr, she also painted that teal haired DD a few posts up.
Marple also has a similar style.
I think the style can look good, you just need to start making it look more "supposed to be" and less "it was an accident".
If your lines get more crispy I'm sure you could make it work.

I mean, I'm a big fan of detailed realism and long-lashed colorful glitter asian stuff, but that smudgy painter look is pretty cool for certain dolls/molds.
Like your guy looks like he jumped straight out of an oil painting.
>>
File: 16-05-13-14-27-56-489_deco.jpg (938 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
16-05-13-14-27-56-489_deco.jpg
938 KB, 1920x2560
Does anyone know anything about the new Doll Chateau resin color or if it's body blushing? I emailed MoC and they say it's body blushing but Oobie Doll says it's the resin color and that DC will be offering it on all dolls soon? I can't find that info on their sure though.

Screen cap attached, I can load the originals (not collaged) upon request. I'm on mobile with slow net so i figured this would be quickest!
>>
>>5668098
Thank you so much for telling me Arlequeen's name. I'm in love with her style.

>>5668112
According to Alice Collection, the green is body blushing. The actual resin colour is white.
Plus if you look very closely in the knee and ankle joint area you can see the white resin.
>>
File: chateau_graceelf_15.jpg (52 KB, 537x854) Image search: [Google]
chateau_graceelf_15.jpg
52 KB, 537x854
>>5668135
Glad to help, anon :)

>>5668112
I just checked the listing and...it's honestly hard to tell.
If it's blushed, it's airbrushed because that looks reaaally smooth.
However, I know that DC tends to make nice photo painting and then sends out fucked up work to the customers, so I doubt you would get her like that.

If you look at the photos you can tell it already chipped at the ankles.
She's white underneath.
>>
>>5668112
This is straight from DC's website. I don't see any mention of green resin.
I was honestly disappointed when I saw the doll. I thought they were going to introduce green resin. but nope.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462976745498.jpg (45 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462976745498.jpg
45 KB, 720x960
>>5668135
>>5668146
Here's this too.

Hm. This is weird. Why would one dealer say one thing while two others say different? This is the pic Oobie uploaded, which doesn't look like body blushing to me, but with no one else verifying it, I'm not sure it's legit.

Also, Oobie had a big fall out with Nefer last year bc a bunch of dolls went missing but Nefer's post was a mess and Oobie only offered that Nefer was melodramatic so i was never sure what to make of that.

I have no idea what to think. I love the color, but I hate body blushing, but if it was the resin itself that was green and I could even get the ada IN that color, I'd be on this shit.

Thanks for the extra info guys!
>>
whhat the odds of people cumming on dolls and sellling it on mandarake?
>>
>>5668231
very high.
All the ones that say minor damage.
>>
>>5668235
But they have the god eater 1 dollfie dream doll at 50k yen, it's darn cheap...
>>
>>5668235
i bit the bullet and just order straight away, fucking hoping it will never be insuch a situation. Because it has no box.
>>
>>5668244
just sterilize it when you get it
>>
File: s_02011860014.jpg (28 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
s_02011860014.jpg
28 KB, 216x250
>>5668245
This is what it looks like. The wig and everything else is packed. Im confused.
>>
>>5668257
you just bought the clothes and acessories. No doll or wig I think... right?
>>
>>5668264
it state that tehre's a doll, the package is samage and it isnt opened

Herew is the name - Volks Dollfie Dream DD [Alisa Ilinichina Amiella TV anime ver. wig + clothes + boots +Ken] Doll is /not opened/Package damaged which is not attached.
>>
>>5668257
You dun goofed anon. You bought her clothing, not the doll. Alice goes for near $1,000 USD as a fullset.
>>
>>5668257
Looks like it's just the clothes anon....
>>
>>5667491
OP is apparently new in the hobby and didn't want to start shit with people that have a large following. My guess is that she didn't want to deal with the backslash of starting drama. Understandable when you are new and not many people know you.

Still, that is so shady and I'm just curious if other people had to deal with this level of photoshop on their wigs, because now they are starting this "new business" with fibers but now why the fuck would I trust them if they edit their pics this much.

>>5667541
It's a good thing your friend was at least happy with her wig, but her shitty times still seem to be a huge issue because is usually buyers that are chasing her around instead of her communicating. I don't think I would be able to deal with that mess. I don't mind waiting but no communication is bullshit.
>>
>>5668272

Luckily its mandarake. Im going to cancel this for fucking sure if it doesnt include the doll. BUt yes, I know she is 1.5k USD.
>>
>>5668279
>I know she is 1.5k USD.

Then you should know that what you bought isn't a doll. There are two fullsets on mandy right now if you want her.
>>
>>5668272
>>5668270
>>5668268

Here si the link for further analyzing

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1038289420&ref=list
>>
>>5668283
will have to cancel if it doesnt include the doll. Im hoping they could reply me regarding it.
>>
>>5668290
anon.....it says in the title "Doll does not come with"...
>>
>>5668290
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/en/information/qa_order.html

I hope you didn't plan to buy there again in future.
Agree with other anon, what did you expect for the price when you know her current one?!
>>
>>5668300
I understood it as "package not attached"...

Im too desperate to even read anything properly now.
>>
>>5668307
I did cancel an order once last year.... not saying its good to keep pushing my luck either. Im just desperate and understood the title wrong. Was honestly lucky to find a mmikuzukin set though. The USA webstore went out of stock in 5 minutes after restock.
>>
>>5668310
It's never good to work on impulse, you should take time to make sure what you get is what you wanted. It's a good thing you can cancel the order, but try to be more careful in the future.
>>
>>5668287
The fact that there's no photo of the doll (in a box or not) shows it's not there. Mandy doesn't usually only take a picture of a doll's clothes if there's a doll included, they try to photograph all parts of a 'lot'. This is 99% chance to be just her clothes.
>>
>>5668287
>>5668674
>This is 99% chance to be just her clothes.
I'm going to have to agree. There's not doll to be had there.
>>
File: graceemail.png (63 KB, 835x499) Image search: [Google]
graceemail.png
63 KB, 835x499
>>5668177
UPDATE so I emailed Doll Chateau and this is the reply I got. So... all parties are correct-- the image IS body blushing, but this color IS going to be available. Cool. I hope MoC gets alerted to this soon.

Now can I get an ada in this color, that's what I need to know.
>>
>>5668996
>that dude's freakishly proportioned fingers
I suddenly understand their aesthetic.
>>
>>5669000
kek
>>
Looking for advice;

Fairyland buried me in free faceplates during their RealFee release. Faceplates with no headbacks. To be fair, 2 of them are sleeping versions of the dolls but the other two are different.

The fk do I do with capless faceplates, Fairyland, you fucks?
>>
This week on what the fuck did you do.

>>5669042
Paint them and hang them on the wall like little masks?
>>
>>5669065
It's lookin' like that's all I can do unless I pay someone to put together makeshift caps for them, god.
>>
>>5669042
Name each one and give your doll multiple personality disorder.
>>
>>5668818
>>5668674
>>5668332
>>5668313

I've been thinking. If i buy just he clogthes and wig for 600+, and a base body..

Is this more worth? Bescuase the only thing missing is the base body.
>>
>>5669196
You still won't have the head, though?
Unless you only really cared about the character's costume and not the LE head for her.
>>
>>5669217
what is distinct about her head again? It's only the eys that is differnt... is it not?

Btw, they have successfully cancelled the order, and they raise the price of it by 4k yen

Most importantly, last night, there's one more mikuzukin set for sale at mandarake. Im not sure if anyone wants to buy it
>>
>>5669196
>>5669248
With the exception of the more realistic heads (like Rise and Alna), Alisa has one of the most distinct sculpts out there, she's very recognizable. Look up photos and you'll see. If you don't care for the head then sure, you'll save some cash.
>>
>>5669276
I see.

Thank you for the information.

I guess I should be contended with mikuzukin outfit for now. I hope they could re-release God eater 1 again
>>
>>5668996
One question:
why can they release a fucking mint green as basic color, but not a light to medium colored tan?!

Also don't get why they prefer to blush that girl nearly completely mint instead of giving the mint resin option right away for her.
>>
>>5668273
Yeah, she was pretty happy.
I think what made the whole thing worse is that Frapzilla had one of her doll heads to work on, and refused to send it back no matter what because she wanted to do the wig instead.

I'm often very slow with my commissions too (I also suck at saying no), but communication is always key. Most people are willing to wait as long as they get a quick response and you don't try to lie to them.
Frapzilla made it even worse with her "IT'S THEIR FAULT FOR PICKING THE WRONG SHIPPING!!1" public posts and editing of wig pictures now, but she was never made for a shop anyway.
I'm also curious if she ever mentioned what happens when you get some of her offered fibers wet.
I know soy fiber tends to clump and get sticky.
>>
>>5669248
>and they raise the price of it by 4k yen
The price is just different depending on whether you're browsing the site in Japanese or English.
>>
File: DCBarbaraComparison.jpg (327 KB, 940x750) Image search: [Google]
DCBarbaraComparison.jpg
327 KB, 940x750
>>5668146
>However, I know that DC tends to make nice photo painting and then sends out fucked up work to the customers, so I doubt you would get her like that.

Ha, found the image again.
Also took me a while till I realized that a lot of DC Dolls have no eyebrows and/or properly painted lashes.
>>
>>5669248
>what is distinct about her head again? It's only the eys that is differnt... is it not?

Every DD has a different sculpt. Some characters form the same VN use the same sculpt and different faceup (all 4 August Soft girls use the same sculpt) but aside from that every DD head is carefully sculpted to be a unique representation of their character, and that's why limited edition heads are so expensive. There's only a small amount in circulation.
>>
I don't give a shit about being original, I want a Venitu. How does one go about getting one these days?
>>
>>5669575
Have a lot of money and be lucky.
They are quite expensive and there are a shitton of WTB threads on DoA, but none for sale.
Best bet is to check all possible places daily and have the money at hand (at least 1000$, depending on the skintone and if you want any of the extras).

I still hope 5th Motif will re-release him someday.
I knew this doll would probably become the new Bermann, but I still let him pass by...not sure if I will regret that or not.
>>
File: face-glass.jpg (51 KB, 602x881) Image search: [Google]
face-glass.jpg
51 KB, 602x881
>>5669042
Put them in jars around your house.
>>
>>5669248
...you were in the market for a limited DD and didn't even realize that they have different headsculpts than the standards? (Not to mention not realizing the listing was just for clothes.) Come on anon, at least pay a little attention to what you're throwing hundreds of dollars at.
>>
>>5669380
Because the mint hadn't arrived in time for the release schedule? Because they were gauging the market interest? Because they're Doll Chateau and this is much less head-scratching than their BDSM baby abuse line?
>>
>>5668996
So in regards to this, I'm wondering if it would be rude to forward the email thread to MoC. I want to give them my money but I'm worried no one's gonna tell them about the color options.

>>5669380
Maybe they don't like the aesthetics of tan resin or something, though I'd love to see them do a tan too.

Yeah I don't know. It's weird.
>>
>>5669644
Hot diggidy damn! I never liked Venitus but this guy's so sexy. Do you know whose doll it is?
>>
>>5669644
I wish I knew how to photoshop. The black scleras made me curious as to how the colors would look inverted and one thing led to another...
>>
>>5670046
The doll is supposed to be "The Outsider" from Dishonored.
Here is the owner:
http://lordsheo.tumblr.com/post/87009245366/first-photos-of-dishonoreds-outsider-5th-modif

No clue if she ever finished him, I saved the picture while I was actually playing the game and lost track of her.
>>
File: tumblr_o75rbyGdIU1rascg6o6_540.jpg (81 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o75rbyGdIU1rascg6o6_540.jpg
81 KB, 540x534
>>5665559
I would have named the colors Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, and Peanut Butter. Maybe I'm just hungry. Any bets on what the faceups are going to be like? Oh. Wait. Sloppy with half a pound of pearl powder.
>>
>>5670166
Glitter hookers with thick and crusty eyeliner, smokey eyes and glossy lips.
Including messy lashes and a shitton of dust, lint and other questionably spots
>>
>>5670166
God, they look like they're silently begging for death.
>>
What's with all the newfags lately dropping in acting like they know shit about dolls? We don't judge if you're new, provided you're not a fucktard.
>>
>>5670166
I would have gone with Nig, Nigger, and Niggest.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1378x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1378x775
>>5670327

Had no idea what would happen huh? Did you think resin was going to magically be better than your models?
>>
>>5669390
Well that has left me completely disappointed and shocked. How could anyone send out the latter thinking it was what somebody probably paid $60+ for a paint job.
>>
>>5669390
This is... !
It can't be...!!

A Chinese bootleg product!?
>>
>>5669390
Man this sucks. I was thinking of getting a dc doll someday but seeing this is making me rethinking it. Is this the only example of this happening or are there similar pics from other people who ordered from them?
>>
>>5670345
pretty sure she expected haru to completely fix it for her, the dumb cow
>>
>>5670345
The flaws were there, resin just made them glaringly obvious, unlike her previous pictures. What a dumbass.
>>
Where do you put your dolls anons? Do they sit on a shelf or stand in a cabinet etc?
>>
>>5670657
I have a shelf that is getting a little crowded. Roommate has this demented dresser that has so little room that she had several drunk looking dolls chilling in the drawer.
>>
>>5670657

Not related to what your asking but fuck nikanika chooses the cheapest most costume fabric ever for her dresses and it pisses me off. I like the style but all her stuff is so cheap looking I'd never buy it.
>>
>>5670657
Some in a cabinet but I always keep a couple on my desk when I'm sitting at it.
>>
>>5670583
This is what happens when you play video games for four months straight instead of refining the work people already paid for.

I don't have any sympathy for the people who preordered a doll that clearly wasn't finished and polished though. They're equally to blame for this.
>>
>>5670657
My dolls all stand on an open shelf. I hate sitting dolls.
>>
Do you guys have any suggestions for olive tan dolls? Most BJDs I find have red undertones rather than yellow, which isn't what I want, and the ones with yellow undertones tend to be really dark-skinned rather than, y'know, tan.
>>
Was no one gonna mention this piece of shit?
>>
File: 71fnUFOXutuZCZPaRbhuxC.jpg (50 KB, 800x627) Image search: [Google]
71fnUFOXutuZCZPaRbhuxC.jpg
50 KB, 800x627
>>5670898
Granado's tan is what comes to mind.
>>
File: DCBarbara2.jpg (155 KB, 1435x808) Image search: [Google]
DCBarbara2.jpg
155 KB, 1435x808
>>5670389
It's not a bootleg.
That one was send straight from DC, but they are not the only ones who send out a shitty paint job while on promo pictures everything looked fine (Ringdoll does the same).

>>5670457
There is another Barbara on Flickr, and it's equally shitty looking,
Pic related.
It's also definitely a different one, some details are not the same on both heads.

I didn't check how their usual default work looks in real, but that one left me a bit shocked too.
The first picture was actually from a box-opening Angelesque did, and nobody in the comments said something.
Not sure if it's the usual "ermagerd, favourite company can do no wrong" glasses or if people really don't see the difference.

However, most of their paint jobs are really basic anyway.
Unless it's a doll with a nice blushing job (like the event sheep) I would not bother buying it from them and just commission an artist.
>>
>>5670668
She has one simple dress now that I really like, but it's just basic white fabric and lace and she still wants 135€ for it.
Ridiculous.
>>
>>5670657
All of mine stand in glass cabinets or at least cabinets with glass doors.
Have doll stands for all of them, since I don't like them to sit and a lot of their outfits are not made for sitting anyway.

Oh, and a huge doll sofa for "guests" (i.e. commissions or friends sending me dolls for pictures/visiting me with their dolls).

>>5670898
The most olive tan doll I ever owned was a Dollshe Saint in pale tan.
But even if it's called pale tan it was a really deep brown color, with a slight greenish tint (came like that from Dollshe).
My other dolls are all red based, and I doubt Iplehouse's brown tan is olive enough.
Do you have an example for the exact tone you want, anon?
>>
>>5670914

I don't know, I just don't think it's the crime against nature everyone in the thread thinks it is.

When I go back and look at other doll artists first doll I see rough shit. I have Batchix first machina doll and it has bad joint design, terribly uneven lines and amateurish sculpting too. And coffee is at least prettier than nefer kane's continual out put of monstrosities.

If kayke had flaked and never even finished the doll to the point of having it cast (which I really expected her to do) I'd be all for shitting on her all day. But she delivered the product she promised and people saw what it looked like before it was cast so what's the problem?

I'll probably be called a nigger and accused of being kayke for saying it but coffee I don't think coffee is that fucking bad.
>>
>>5671133
Dude, did you look at some of the close-ups?
How badly finished the feet or fist hands are for example?

Batchix' first dolls were from a different time, and as far as I remember she also did sell her own casts back then.
Nowadays, with a professional casting company even fixing up some of the bullshit you did, there is no excuse to send out such a sloppy mess.
A lot of the flaws people bring up are there because she was lazy, not because it was her first.
Sanding takes up a lot of time and is important, but it's of course not as fun as sculpting another pair of sloppy hands for others to look at.
It's also no excuse why you think that after you touched some clay for the first time it's a good idea to already ask people for money.
Many of her mistakes could have been avoided if she, just with anything she does, wouldn't have rushed through it.
Coffee looks like anything else she does, sloppy, rushed and only finished for the money.
>>
>>5671156
>It's also no excuse why you think that after you touched some clay for the first time it's a good idea to already ask people for money.

>ask people for money.

Key worder there is ask. People preordered this doll knowing full well what they were getting. They werent coerced, forced or tricked into buying the doll.

>Batchix' first dolls were from a different time.

That's a shitty excuse for the problems her first doll had. Sure you can blame home casting for some finish problems but the uneven carve lines and sculpting are problems with the master sculpt not the cast.

And just look at mirodoll for fucks sake. I'd take coffee over their 'professionally' made dolls any day.

I think people on here are just exceptionally critical of kayke due to her lolcow status. Understandable, but her doll is not the worst looking thing ever produced.
>>
>>5669380
Probably because the problem with tan resin is that the red pigment tends to degrade faster than the other colors (which is why some early tan dolls went green as they aged).
They don't have to worry about a green doll going green.
>>
>>5671190
>Key worder there is ask. People preordered this doll knowing full well what they were getting. They werent coerced, forced or tricked into buying the doll.

It makes her customers look like morons for buying, still doesn't change that it also makes her come across as a very questionable person.
You just shouldn't open up pre-orders and hold your hands up for money while the doll isn't even closed to being finished, no matter if your retarded fans swallow it up or not.

>And just look at mirodoll for fucks sake. I'd take coffee over their 'professionally' made dolls any day.

Mirodoll also asks, what, 60 bucks for some of her dolls during one of their events?
I wouldn't buy from them either, at least they know what their garbage is worth though.

> That's a shitty excuse for the problems her first doll had.

Eh, it's not, shit was just different back then.
I mean, look how much better face-ups are today even though nothing changed in regards to the materials or way we work.
It was the same with the dolls itself back then.
With more available resources, more references (both with dolls you have at home AND pictures online), easier to get tools and materials, the option to get them cast by someone else it's just to be expected that a new artist can achieve better quality.
Like said, a lot of the stuff Kayke's doll suffers from is not a product of her time, but a product of her lazyness.
Sure Batchix' stuff was wonky back then, but it was a normal quality for an artist doll at that time.
>>
>>5671229
They don't care much about their WS going yellow in a few weeks either.
Not to mention that a mint tone can change color too.

They probably stopped tan because it was such a hassle after a while.
People were unhappy how unstable the color was (they constantly changed it, at one time it was environmental resin without DZ notifying people), DZ was unable to handle it and thus removed it completely and never bothered offering it for DC.
I just don't get what's their problem, so many companies at least manage a light, basic tan and their normal yellow is so close to such a tone already anyway.
>>
I commissioned a faceup for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I'm getting really upset/disappointed with the artist. Maybe it's just me having expectations that are too high, though?

Her turnaround time is 1-3 weeks. I asked for an update twice, and would wait about 5 days between asking. After I asked her the second time, she made a public post about how she has a job and her clients need to have more patience with her. When I asked, I wasn't demanding in the least. I was just like, "Hey, just wanted to know if you have any updates?" I didn't know simply asking could make someone that upset. I realize that other clients may be asking her too, but I sort of think that post was aimed at me...

She finally showed me some significant progress yesterday, and it wasn't what I asked for AT ALL. I specifically told her before she started that I wanted him NOT to have bushy eyebrows and to look very cutesy. I gave her a reference pic of a faceup she had previously worked on, as well as company faceup photos (I wanted something similar to the factory faceup, but with adjustments like less bushy eyebrows). Her pics show him having mega bushy eyebrows, with stray hairs sticking up and out, and his lower lashes look really strange and unusually long. Almost reminds me of clown makeup with the extent of exaggeration she used on them.

I felt bad asking her to adjust it because of the pissy post she made, but I asked her anyways. I reminded her about the reference pic and she said she had completely forgotten about it and that she'd fix everything by today.

How...do you forget about the only reference you had? I'm just so upset. I feel like I'm about to waste $60 on a faceup that I'll need to get redone because of this chick. Am I being unreasonable here? Maybe I just have expectations that are too high.
>>
>>5670914
The symmetry of the vitiligo pisses me off.
>>
>>5671241
DollChateau wants to be different than other companies. Other companies offer tan as a special color, DC offers mint. That's their distinguisher.
>>
>>5670166
it was funny for a while but now i wish kayke had never happened.
i feel so bad for whomever bought these dolls.
>>
>>5671133
I don't think anon understands the fact that most people here are giving her shit for two reasons.

1. She is asking for too much money for that shit.

2. The reason why it looks like shit is because she was fucking lazy.

If this bitch had been seen doing at least half of the effort most assholes put into sculpting and it still looked like that, it would had gotten a couple of chuckles but most people would have dropped it because she at least worked hard on that piece of crap. And it was her first doll.

Second she is asking for a shit ton of money and she told said people that she took the money from that the doll wasn't finished, and that it was going to look obviously better than what she had at the moment, YET the doll looks exactly the fucking same as when she first asked for money. Showing that after all of these months her lazy ass hadn't done shit to fix her doll because now she had the money she needed and wanted.

So no anon, she doesn't get a fucking free pass just because another sculptor back in the day had a shitty doll. As first anon said, she has better tools and more access to ways to fix and complete a doll, before people were pretty much going in fucking blind and crippled.
>>
>>5671252
Fuck her, tell it how it is and make her redo it as many times as it fucking takes.

I'm tired of all of these bitches that want money but don't know what it means to own a shop or deal with commissions, all they do is whine about how they pretty much have to do "customer service." no fucking duh bitch, you are taking people's money now, that's what happens.
>>
>>5671657
Bitches ain't know about fulfilling contracts.
Bitches ain't ever had a cure notice.
They betta take that weak shit home.
>>
File: damndaddy.jpg (473 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
damndaddy.jpg
473 KB, 1920x1080
I wish Jimmy Choo was my dad. This entire album Danny put up on Facebook is actually kind of cool.
>>
File: a_cute.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a_cute.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
>>5671726
Sorry, I found this photo and it was also really cute.
>>
>>5671726
>>5671727
those models could not look any more awkward with those dolls if they tried.
>>
>>5671736
The one holding the doll wearing the sari looks kind of into it. She's in the doll zone. The rest look like varying degrees of bored and scared, but that's kind of the default face for a runway model.
>>
>>5671736
probably look awkward as fuck because models usually don't have to hold a big doll like this at all. Purses, umbrellas, random hanging shit? sure, but a doll, they were probably just as confused as they look.
>>
>>5671726
I like the hijab dolls ensemble.
Im not sure wtf is going on with that half kimono thing and boots.
>>
>>5671657
Yeah, that's what I don't get. Even if she was too busy to work on the faceup during the week, I don't see why she's getting upset when people ask for updates. It's not like I was messaging her every day. 5 days seems like a reasonable amount of time before innocently asking about progress.

She re-did the faceup very closely to what I asked, and it looks pretty good. I think I'll be satisfied once he comes home to me. However, I'm thinking of leaving her neutral DoA feedback just because of the way she was acting. I'm kind of a softie and feel like that would be really mean, though...
>>
>>5672051
I noticed this happening with all new faceup artists, and is because they think is as easy as when they do regular faceups for themselves, but nah bitch nah, you now have a paying customer and as long as they are not nagging 24/7 it is your job to keep them updated. You are sending her an expensive chunk of resin, fuck yeah that simpleton better keep you updated. Or at least she should constantly post progress pictures in social media to calm people's nerves.

Is a good thing she at least redid the faceup to what you wanted though. And if you wanna leave her neutral feed back then do it, and tell her ass exactly why you did it so she learns from this shit and stops acting like she is doing people a favor, she is getting paid not doing it for free.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.