[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horror General?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
So it looks like we'll be getting 7" figures for John Carpenter's The Thing and American Werewolf in London from a company called Pop Culture Shock

They're going to add more articulation though right? Looks like there's already elbow articulation there, and I doubt they'd give figures of those character standing in bland poses like that, right?
>>
>At Monsterpalooza this weekend, Pop Culture Shock showcased some of their upcoming items. These included their new Conan The Barbarian Statue as well as their 1/6 Scale The Thing and American Werewolf in London Figures. However, they had a huge (well tiny for them) surprise on hand as well. They are getting into the 7″ scale figure game! At the event, they had prototypes for 7″ scale American Werewolf in London and The Thing Figures. They will have full details on these new figures in May.
>>
>>5652254
I love NECA but it bums me out when they won't do properties like this for being too niche.
I 100% understand why though, and don't blame them, but I'm glad we got a company who is actually going to do it.
I just hope they'll actually be articulated, and won't be too too pricey. I don't mind paying more for "niche" licenses, but still.

Hopefully they will be successful and we'll get to see more horror figures that are too "niche" for other companies.

What would you want to see?
For me, I'd like Pennywise, an alien person from They Live, Johnny Nada,
Kill Klowns from outer space (I know there are some but, I would love to have them more articulated)
>>
I wanna see them do Twilight Zone. I need 7" scale articulated Rod Serling and the Gremlin from the william shatner one, and the aliens with the cook book. So many cool things they could do with that.
>>
File: Creatureplica-header-1039x750.jpg (137 KB, 1039x750) Image search: [Google]
Creatureplica-header-1039x750.jpg
137 KB, 1039x750
While we're at horror thread, can I just bitch about how disappointed I am by this? I bought the entire line 1.5 months ago, the reviews are scant and I should've done my research. I was expecting kind of 4H tier of paintjob considering the excellent sculpt. First the paintjob doesn't really look anything like the promo, especially for the werewolf and yeti. The articulation are very disappointing. They feel like early Marvel selects. The hellhound doesn't open his mouth, which is a travesty. None of them can look up, which means that the hellhound and werewolf cannot do the "howling" to the moon pose, or you can't pose them on all fours.

They look good on shelf though, except maybe the Yeti. The yellow brush on mine is kind of bad, looks like he got pissed all over. Kind of a shame considering the sculpts were top notch
>>
>>5652412
Yeeah, I wasnt expecting much from this line as a whole.
I considered getting the normal werewolf since that one looked the best out of all of them, but ended up not getting it since the horror hound looked a lot cooler but I didnt want a mascot for a website I dont follow.

Hopefully the next wave will be better. He confirmed that he was working on a Grey figure, so hopefully the sculpt of those skinny aliens will allow for more articulation.

Also, whats that one all the way to the left? Never saw that one before
>>
>>5652412
>Bigfoot
>Super ripped, extremely visible muscles definition
>Light auburn fur

It's like he's never seen pic related
>>
>>5652262
NECA wanted to do The Thing figures but could not get the license. Your first sentence might be true to the American Werewolf though.

This Pop Culture Shock is run by the same guy who did the exact same licenses at SOTA. Not that I am complaining, just saying. I am going to buy MacReady as shoon as he hits the shelves.

>>5652346
>7" Rod Sterling
Thats a long shot but I like your idea.

My wishes would be:
- Krampus figures
- creatures from the Frictional Games videogames (Amnesia Dark Descent, Penumbra, Soma)
>>
>>5652346
>>5652485
supposedly Rod Sterlings family isnt really into giving his likeness out for stuff. I know he had a sideshow, but I remember reading that somewhere despite that
>>
>>5652485
>same guy who did the exact same licenses at SOTA
>Reanimator
>Killer Klowns
>Jeepers Creepers
>Pumpkinhead
>Dog Soldiers
>Return of the Living Dead

oh shit, and if I remember correctly SOTA was going to release American Werewolf in London and the Thing figures but they never released

Imagine if PCS basically redoes all those other figures. I hope so, would be cool to see. I doubt it'd last long though, I can't imagine alot of those franchises being big money makers. A guy can dream though
>>
File: sotamac.jpg (152 KB, 924x625) Image search: [Google]
sotamac.jpg
152 KB, 924x625
>>5652502
Oh I could go for some more Reanimator figures too, thanks for reminding me.

And I loved the SOTA Lovecraft line too.

They released the MacReady in Kennel box set, one of my best purchases ever (not my pic though).
>>
>>5652253
>Figures of normal looking people from good movies

FINALLY someone is willing to do it. I'm not being sarcastic, I've always wanted shit like this
>>
>>5652253
man this shit is going to bomb so hard. NOBODY cares about this.
>>
>>5652475
I think that's the limited edition sasquatch paintjob JSJ did for an Ohio bigfoot convention dealie.
>>
>>5656271
Slow your roll nigga, The Thing is my favorite movie of all time and I'd buy the shit out of a good MacReady figure.
>>
>>5652412
>>5652475
I really like mine...except bigfoot hes pretty lame.

>>5656325
Damn. I wanted that variant.
>>
>>5656271
I'm sold already, going to preorder as soon as possible.
>>
File: mcfarlane the thing blair.jpg (244 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
mcfarlane the thing blair.jpg
244 KB, 600x900
Hey, guys. What's going on in this thread?
>>
>>5652412
I really hope they make a mothman figure.
>>
>>5652262
Are those the final accessories? I was hoping for the Norris's head monster. Still anything for the Thing is great.
>>
File: TheThing1.jpg (31 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
TheThing1.jpg
31 KB, 360x480
>>5658742
Not sure, they said we'll get more info this month, but the mcfarlene movie maniac Thing figure comes with a Norris head monster... Saw it at a retro video game store a couple months ago, I regret not getting it
>>
>>5656931
The McFarlane stuff is ok for what it is.
>>
No Toxic Avenger yet?
>>
>>5652485
Fuuuck I would totally buy Krampus
>>
Guess I'll ask here, any good figures of mothman and the flatwoods monster?
>>
>>5659517
your best bet would be future releases in the creatureplica line.
I think mothman was mentioned in an interview with the creator, Jean St Jean
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.