[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
eBay thread. Post horror stories Post success stories Have fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.png (60 KB, 2000x832) Image search: [Google]
image.png
60 KB, 2000x832
eBay thread.

Post horror stories
Post success stories
Have fun

Topic to start off : What's the longest you're willing to wait for a buyer to pay?
>>
>>5574669
Two days.

No payment or notice of when you will make payment means I'm filing a non paying bidder claim.
>>
File: tnba enforcement team.jpg (150 KB, 1600x669) Image search: [Google]
tnba enforcement team.jpg
150 KB, 1600x669
>>5574669
I'm pretty lenient. If you haven't paid after two days I send an invoice as a passive-aggressive way of saying give me my money. After that, I've given people as much as five days to pay me, but if you've let it go for a week I file a claim. Don't agree to buy shit you can't pay for.

As for success stories, I scored pic related for a measly 15 bucks plus shipping, probably because the seller forgot to put the word "animated" in the title. I love old school Batman TAS figures and Gordon is hard as balls to find for a decent price, plus the Batgirl and Nightwing are better than the ones I currently own.
>>
>go "buy it now"
>ten days
>items get 5 - 10 watchers
>undercut the cheapest listing of the same item every time
>item expires with no purchases
do people watch things just to watch them or what
>>
>>5575411
I watch items for one of 2 reasons:

-I want to get it but lack the funds atm. Watching it is for bookmarking it when I do get the money.

-I already have it and want to see what it's going for as a seller to gauge what I should expect mine to sell at (stuff like Kenner Jurassic Park figures).
>>
>>5575433
Or
-Bid on a similar item, keeping this one as a backup in case that one falls through
>>
Any advice for someone who needs to sell some stuff? I'm thinking of packaging off Lego parts I don't need and selling some loose figures...

I'm kind of afraid my first-ever customers would try to fuck me over.
>>
2 days. Fuck you if you bid on something then get pissy when I open a claim because you haven't paid in a week. Theres a reason im selling shit.
>>
>>5575411
They must. I have tons of watched items go unsold. I just keep raising prices and removing items when they sell at live shows. Fuck eBay and it's poorfag bidders.
>>
>>5575544
Describe the fuck out of them and get multiple photos from different angles.
>>
I bought pretty much every set from lego aquanauts series for 50 bucks. I am happy with my purchase.
>>
>>5574676
THIS
>>
>>5575568
>I just keep raising prices

>"Why aren't people buying my stuff!?"

Kek.

>>5574669
Very few horror stories that were that bad. Received a few MSIA items that were not complete (the photo showed them complete or not missing the pieces that were missing when I received them), and buying 1/6 stuff from China took forever for shipping.

I happen to watch list stuff that I may not buy right away because I'm looking to complete my Universal Century MSIA collection, and I will come back later when I'm ready to buy it.

Some of the stuff I don't have at this point is expensive and rare things, like the Char color suits from Z (Char color Hyaku, Char color Zeta, Char color Gundam MK II) which the only set I've found is sitting at $750 shipped.

Or the Bronze+Silver+Gold Hyaku Shiki set.
>>
>>5575568
>Fuck eBay and it's poorfag bidders

Keep wasting your time senpai.
They're laughing at you now.
>>
>>5574669
I used to wait a week, now i wait 3 days. The former lead me to believe that someone's bidding high either to raise stakes or that nobody wins it.

I've even done second-chance offers for the next guys but they were never interestd
>>
are we allowed to post our eBay pages here
>>
>>5575935
No.
>>
Won a Mcfarlane spider-man, it's the dark variant with the streetlight, mint in package. Opened the fucker up the second I got it, great figure.
>>
>>5575411
>>5575527
And don't forget
>Kind of want the item so you watch it, hope it doesn't sell, and hope the seller relists for less.
>>
>best offer option
>no one ever offers
>ever
>>
>>5576123

Its because people are burned out from:

>Seller has a listing, $100 or best offer
>Offer $80
>Seller counters with $99.
>>
>>5576157
>offer 95
>turned down
>offer 97
>turned down
>offer 99
>turned down

WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
>>
>>5576175

To be fair, eBay has a pretty shitty system of auto-filling out some options, unbeknownst to the seller, unless you manually go through everything and uncheck shit you don't want.

If you switch from auction to BIN, it will auto-check the Best Offer option unless you go in and unmark it.

Same thing happens if you don't uncheck shit like the Global Shipping options and whatnot.
>>
Have had pretty good luck as a seller. Top rated powerseller as of now ten months in. I auction everything. Only a couple non-payers to date. I usually just relist the item after seven days. Don't even bother with reporting buyers, waste of everybody's time.
>>
>>5575544
Most of the lego crowd is pretty honest. I'm thinking you will have no problems with your endeavor.
>>
>>5576175
Fucking hate that option, sometimes.

However, on a success story, I did a BIN for three Kaiyodo Love Hina action figures (they're horrible with articulation, be warned) each a separate auction by the same dude for $40 total, I emailed him after paying to just throw out the packages of the figures and combine the shipping for just putting it all in one box. He was more than happy to and refunded me about $8 from combining the shipping. A few of the figures' loose accessories had a few broken pegs but otherwise the figures were fine. Considering the prices they go for mint it was a pretty good deal.
>>
>>5574669
>Topic to start off : What's the longest you're willing to wait for a buyer to pay?
So long as they give me a heads up beforehand then i'm fine with waiting up to a week or so.
>>
>>5575935
Even if you were allowed, putting it on 4chan is a really, really stupid idea.
>>
>>5576252
I just want someone to buy my toys. I've already priced them lower than everyone selling similar items.
>>
>>5576123
I offered $10 on a $12 buy it now/best offer and the seller declined and raised the price $2.
>>
>>5576175
>>5576157
That's only happened to me once with some weird Chinese scalper, every other time the guys usually just accept my offer. Got a Creatures of the Id listed at $100 for $85 a few months ago.
>>
>>5576254
I get what you mean, i'm a seller as well, but still putting something like that on 4chan is asking for trouble.
>>
File: We Bahamut Now.jpg (21 KB, 432x290) Image search: [Google]
We Bahamut Now.jpg
21 KB, 432x290
Was able to get this guy for 150. New in box and everything. Pretty proud of my self.

Shipping was a bit on the high end but i'm not complaining at all
>>
>>5574669
Every single used lego set I've ever bought that is listed as 100% completed ,checked, ect has had missing pieces or some bullshit piece substituted in like instead of a 2x4 brick its 3 2x4 plates to make a brick.

Check your fucking parts list on brick link and build it, or don't list them as 100%, you cant tell if its done deliberately either so i just end up leaving passive agressive messages asking for the parts, then they have the balls to charge you to ship them back half the time.
>>
>>5575568

I also do this. Every time I want to remove a listing, ebay kicks in with that "To prevent some bs we may charge you full fees even if your item didn't sell because we don't want you selling your stuff elsewhere and removing your liating here". So I raise the price to something stupid like a few thousand dollars and wait for the listing to expire.
>>
>>5576197
There's ways to put into your seller profile blocks on the global shipping stuff and things like that but they're a pain in the ass to find.
>>
does ebay update you when an item you're watching drops in price?
>>
>>5576427
No, you have to check it yourself.
>>
>>5575411

I watch things if it's something I might want to come back and BIN later, or if it's something where I think your BIN price is too high and want to wait until the last minute to pick up your no-bid item for the absolute minimum amount.

Sometimes I forget because I don't want your item badly enough, and sometimes I manage to find a better deal elsewhere and can't be bothered to unwatch your auction until it's convenient for me.

Nothing personal, blood. Just biznazz.
>>
>>5576157
>Its because people are burned out from:
>>Seller has a listing, $100 or best offer
>>Offer $80
>>Seller counters with $99.

This fampai.
>>
>>5576427
>does ebay update you when an item you're watching drops in price?
>>5576451
>No, you have to check it yourself.

I get occasional emails about price drops.
>>
>>5574669
Copped some bad feedback recently after some bitch wasn't happy with the shipping, she wanted a 15 dollar refund because the shipping wasn't exact (i'd charged 30, actual was 15)

Do people really care about that? i usually put shipping high to cover my ass on postage and lowball bids, you're usually bidding accordingly based on shipping so lower shipping usually just ends up a higher bid, i now just put free shipping and start the listing price higher so i don't get people trying to combine ship or scum you on the postage

Am i in the wrong here?
>>
>>5576495
To be honest, $30 is kinda excessive when the real amount ended up being half that. Probably wouldn't have been an issue if you had only charged like, $20.
>>
>>5576495
I usually don't care if the shipping is a few bucks off, especially if it's packed well. But double what you actually paid? That's excessive and I'd probably be upset too.
>>
>>5576503
>>5576502

Don't you just consider it part of the total, like if the shipping was lower you'd just bid higher. You'd be happy if the shipping was the actual price why care.
>>
>>5576495
>(i'd charged 30, actual was 15)

>i usually put shipping high to cover my ass on postage and lowball bids

Nah, you're in the wrong here broheim.
>>
>>5576507
>Don't you just consider it part of the total, like if the shipping was lower you'd just bid higher.

Do you understand how bidding works?
>>
>>5576509
It's part of your total tho, if you want the shipping to be cheaper bid 15 dollars more so i can take 15 dollars off your shipping if it confuses you so fucking much

>>5576512
Yeah you take into consideration the cost of shipping and bid accordingly, if shipping is low i'll bid higher, if its high i'll bid lower, its not that fucking hard. You don't just completely ignore shipping and wonder why your total includes shipping
>>
>>5576516
Is this bait?

This has to be bait.
>>
>>5576516
It's against ebay policies to charge more for shipping than the actual cost. They had a huge problem with that years ago.
>>
>>5576507
I mean, I include it in what I consider paying for whatever I'm buying, especially comparing different BIN or auction listings. But if you're intentionally listing the shipping price substantially higher (like say $30 instead of $15) just to make a better profit, I'm not going to appreciate that as a buyer and at the very least not shop from you again.
>>
>>5576525
>hey i'll buy this because it costs $2 with $100 shipping and is cheaper than the listing that costs $80 with free shipping

Are you a fucking child

>>5576528
That was because people were abusing it to get around ebay fees, but now they charge for postage too so the end price is just one big total of ebay charges

>>5576531
>Price + Postage: lowest first
You're welcome
>>
>>5576535
>>hey i'll buy this because it costs $2 with $100 shipping and is cheaper than the listing that costs $80 with free shipping
>Are you a fucking child

Are you retarded? Can you not see why someone would not take it kindly for you to lie about the cost of shipping?

You realize you're scamming, right?

If you want $15 more dollars than your shit goes for then do a Buy It Now for the price you want + the true shipping you retard.
>>
>>5576535
Yes it was to get around fees but it is still against the rules to overcharge on shipping. If you charge $30 to ship and the printing label says $15 Ebay will side with the buyer if they chose to open a case.

I have bid on auctions with outrageous shipping but it definitely makes me want to spend less on the auction and I lose interest to bid fast. You are hurting your auctions with extremely high shipping costs and are going to run into more headaches.
>>
>>5576535
>Implying anyone searches for anything on eBay without using Price and Shipping lowest first

>Implying that has any bearing on what you're doing or anyone else is saying in this thread.

I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt, but now you sound like a gigantic asshole the more you talk.
>>
>>5576539
>>5576540
>>5576541
If i put a buy it now price at $10 and the shipping at $30 or if i put the buy it now at $25 and the shipping at $15 your total is still going to be $40 why does this confuse people so much, do you want the illusion of savings?
>>
>>5576546
What you're doing is disingenuous, bottom line.
>>
>>5576546
>If i lie and put a buy it now price at $10 and the shipping at $30 even though the shipping is really only $15 or if i put the buy it now at $25 and the shipping at $15 your total is still going to be $40 until you call me on my bullshit

FTFY
>>
>>5576546
No shit it's the same amount paid but you're charging double for a service than you're actually paying. People will see the $30 shipping and expect that to be spent on the shipping, not for you to pay half and keep the rest as profit.
>>
>>5576546
I have a question anon, are you from the Middle East, North Africa, or South Asia?

I don't mean "do you live there right now", I mean, are you of the ethnicity of any of those places?

I'm willing to bet money you have family that are from India or Pakistan.
>>
>>5576554
What service? You're buying an item, the total cost is what the item costs. If you see something with free shipping would you get mad when you find out that your shipping wasn't actually free and personally ask the seller if you can pay for the shipping? If i accidentally undercut the shipping is it the buyers job to reimburse me?

>>5576557
Vic Australian, so shipping shit to western aus does actually fuck you over when it happens.

>>5576551
>i cant add a price total up in my head
>>
>>5576593
>If i accidentally undercut the shipping is it the buyers job to reimburse me?

But you aren't accidentally charging too much for shipping. You literally said you do it on purpose and got pooper peeved when someone rightfully called you out on it.

>>i cant add a price total up in my head

Nigger, do you not understand the difference between lying to someone about the price of something and telling someone the truth about the price?

Did you emigrate from the Punjab before to 'Straya? Be honest.
>>
>>5576593
>What service?
Shipping you dumb fuck
>your shipping wasn't actually free and personally ask the seller if you can pay for the shipping?
Don't be dense jackass.
>If i accidentally undercut the shipping is it the buyers job to reimburse me?
No because as the seller it's your responsibility to accurately figure out how much the shipping is so that way the buyer pays the right amount so you don't lose money. It's not the buyer's fault if you screw that up.
>>
I swear this has to be fucking bait.

There is no way someone is actually this god damned retarded.
>>
>>5576554
Okay let's think about it in a different perspective.
If the situation came where you were bidding on something that had low shipping, and after winning the bid the seller asks you for more money because they didn't realise it would be so expensive, you would be completely fine with that right? And if ebay didn't cuck sellers so much would you be fine with a seller leaving a bad review for you not paying it?

>>5576598
>>5576600
How is it a lie, if the shipping was actually 30 bucks you'd be fine, if the shipping was OVER $30 you'd still be fine, but fuck me if its under because muh freedom

>>5576600
Okay real example, i live in vic and sending to south aus costs more, if i put the price higher to account for that i'm "ripping off people" if i put it lower i'm fucking myself over, i just cut my losses because i have to cater to idiots?
>>
>>5576600
>>5576598
>>5576593
Do any of you actually sell stuff on ebay, or do you just buy things because the "buyer is always right" system ebay has is trash and you'd know it if you sold stuff on it
>>
>>5576605
>How is it a lie
Because the shipping doesn't actually cost that.

You've already openly acknowledged that you know that shipping doesn't cost that and you do it purposefully to make more money.

>if i put the price higher to account for that i'm "ripping off people" if i put it lower i'm fucking myself over, i just cut my losses because i have to cater to idiots?

No, what you do is refund if you overestimated the shipping. You don't pocket the difference.

You shouldn't underestimate, because you should get a fucking scale.
>>
>>5576610
So do you or do you not purposely over estimate shipping so you can pocket the difference to increase your profit?
>>
>>5576593
>straya cunt
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>5576611
>>5576612
How fucking entitled do you have to be to expect to get the shipping difference back if it's over, but not pay more if its under
>>
File: balls.png (71 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
balls.png
71 KB, 320x224
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM A GUY CALLED SEISUKE-KUN.

He bought a figma from me and wasn't happy with the condition, which is fine, but he refused to request a refund and instead tried to coerce me into sending him money through Paypal, calling me all sorts of names, saying he was gonna beat me up, etc. After repeating myself a million times that I couldn't just send him money and he needed to request it through ebay, he finally did it and got the five fucking dollars he wanted. I blocked him from bidding on my future auctions afterward but apparently there's no way to block someone from sending you messages through ebay, so he proceeded to send me violent hatemail for days afterward until he got bored. I reported him to ebay for misconduct but of course they didn't give a shit. They did eventually erase the negative feedback he left me when I sent them the message logs, though.

Flash forward a few weeks and I get more messages from him. He wants to bid on another item of mine, can't because he's blocked, and wants me to "forgive and forget" and "be a bro" and unblock him. I refused and once again he sent me hatemail for almost a week afterward.

I just stumbled upon an auction of his and see that he has about a dozen things up. Don't deal with this guy. Legit aspergers psycho.
>>
>>5576614
You're the one who's made the mistake either way, so obviously you should suffer the repercussions.
>>
>>5576614

You're trying to spin this harder than a Dingo with a baby in it's mouth.

You literally said you know that shipping doesn't cost that much, that you purposefully do it to make more profit.

And then you got anally anguished when a buyer rightfully called you on your shit.

There is no "I innocently charged too much for shipping" and the other guy has a sense of entitlement here.

You admitted to doing it, and breaking eBay TOS, purposefully to make more money.
>>
>>5576605
>if the shipping was actually 30 bucks you'd be fine
Yes, because that's what the shipping cost to send it to me.
>if the shipping was OVER $30 you'd still be fine
Yes, because you couldn't figure out the proper shipping rate so that falls on you. eBay does let you put in the weight and dimensions of the box you'd be shipping the item in to determine the shipping cost you know. It's really not that difficult.
>but fuck me if its under because muh freedom
A few bucks doesn't mean much. But charging $30 to ship when it only costs $15 is wrong, and knowingly charging more just to pad your take on the item is a dick move.

>Do any of you actually sell stuff on ebay, or do you just buy things because the "buyer is always right" system ebay has is trash and you'd know it if you sold stuff on it

I've sold over 500 items on eBay and have had only two complaints/bad feedback ever. One was legit in that I forgot to put in the description that a small piece had been glued back on when the buyer was wanting something not damaged. The other was less than legit but it's a long story. Point is, if you follow eBay's rules, ship things in a timely manner and pack them well, charge the true cost and generally not act like a dick to buyers, eBay generally works. I'm sorry if you're too much of a dumbass to figure that out.
>>
>>5576157
we're also sick of

>seller lists item $100
>buyer offers $40 and acts like they're doing seller a favor
>>
>>5576626
>You know that figure is only worth $20 and that you're a horrible human being for charging $10 under it's $110 going rate right now. I should report you to eBay and the FCC and ABC and the FBI but if you just accept my offer I'll forget it all.
>>
File: online.jpg (20 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
online.jpg
20 KB, 400x266
>>5574669
>hey i'm gonna ask my mom for an advance on my allowance
>can you hold this for a month while i convince her? xD
>>
This is why I just list everything as free shipping with a set price. It avoids any hassle of complaints over postage fees.

I've had 2 issues with sellers, both last year

>seller 1 has item for auction, I win it
>no shipping notice or tracking
>seller refuses to respond to messages
>have to file claim to get money back
seller is still actively listing items for sale so they have no excuse to not reply or mail goods

I can only guess that the big didn't go high enough to their liking so they just decided not to mail, and were too lazy to just refund the money so they forced a claim.

Second was a now-typical scam from China-

>good eBay seller in China with high feedback that deals in Transformers suddenly drops prices on all their listings by around $10
>see 2 items I want, buy both, get tracking #
>tracking is fake, never shows info, seller says to wait 48 hours
>nothing after a week, seller no longer answering
>eBay is all "but the estimated delivery window of 2 months from now isn't passed, be patient" so I file claim via Paypal
>2 days later seller gets hammered with negative feedback from pissed buyers that got fake tracking info

I got my money back, but still... just be wary of sellers that have stuff like $20 Masterpiece KOs or are charging less than everyone else by a wide margin. Generally I have no issues with sellers in China but I wasn't yet aware of what the scam was. I believe what happens is a seller has their account compromised by a thief that now has easy means to get free money, because by the time anyone foreign is even complaining, the thief has drained Paypal and been long gone
>>
>>5576631
Sounds more like the BST thread.
>>
I no longer accept best offers from people with any negative feedback because those people never pay. What's the point in sending an offer if you're not going to pay when it's accepted?
>>
>>5576546
Shipping is not supposed to be profit/part of the items price itself, it's supposed to cover the sellers cost of shipping and nothing else.

You are a scam artist and shit seller.
>>
>>5576123
I wish theyd allow that thing where an offer is automatically approved from a certain price. People will low-ball, then i have to middle-ball, and hope theyre okay with it...then they arent
>>
>>5576770
Actually that is an option when you make a listing, you can set it to auto-accept offers above a certain amount. I sometimes use it for the pricier items i have like Figuarts or Figma and set that as $5 or so less than the actual listing price.

I have a few returning customers that know about this, so it's kinda like a little reward for their patronage, they know they can ask for about 5% off right away and not have to wait for me to get back to them about it.
>>
>>5576679

If only the world were that simple anon. In fact, tell that to ebay themselves who want to charge $70 to ship a single loose figure to my bum fuck country. No way it costs that much.

Fact is, as long as shipping is clearly stated, a seller can claim it's part of the terms you agreed to when you bid. And sellers, just claim it all under shipping AND HANDLING. Then there's no way to justify how much you paid in total to get it shipped. I mean there's packing material, your time and effort, the trip to the post office. It could very well really cost $15 on top of postage. That's the card I play if anyone tries to dispute.

Somewhat related, I had this git ask me to price match China sellers for shipping, aka foc.I said no, I ship airmail tracked, not whatever sampan boatman china uses. No untracked free toys for you!
>>
>>5576298
Supposedly you only get dinged if you remove an item with bids on it. But as poor as eBay bidders are, that's never been a concern for me.
>>
>>5576451
There for awhile it would e-mail you cheaper alternatives when you put stuff on your watch list. But the search algorithm was pretty stupid and would sometimes bring back totally different items.
>>
>>5576679
>can't read terms
>agrees to them anyway
>somebody else is wrong
>>
>>5576874
>Fact is, as long as shipping is clearly stated, a seller can claim it's part of the terms you agreed to when you bid.
Doesn't mean you're still not lying to the buyer.

>And sellers, just claim it all under shipping AND HANDLING.
>Hey sellers, be a lazy scumbag seller like me, here's how you do it!

I look forward to my store putting you out of business as i actually research the postage price and don't flat out lie to my buyers in my listings.
>>
>>5576907
>Discover a buyer you gave money to was dishonest about how much you were supposed to pay/what they were doing with the money you gave them
>You aren't allowed to call them out on it
>>
File: 1264387145938.jpg (21 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1264387145938.jpg
21 KB, 367x451
Story time?
>list toys on ebay
>always track and insure every item
>anything over $50 gets signature confirmation
>one day Sell Combiner Wars Devastator (Buy it now for $110 to troll scalper fags. lol)
>buyer sends a message telling me: "Signature confirmation is not necessary, you can trust me bro."
>tracked, insured, and signature confirmation it anyway
>everything all good until i get hit with a empty box claim
>the fuck?check anti-faggotry measures (tracking and etc.)
>item delivered
>respond to claim with photos of me packing and dropping package at post office
>claim closed neckbeard nigger defeated
>buyer no longer a registered user
>mfw

Fuck scammers.
>>
>>5576911
You knew what was charged for shipping before you placed your bid. Do you want eBay to fill the screen with 72pt bold red text and blare it at 100 decibels?
>>
>>5574669

Had a guy a week or two ago inform me that he buys a lot from TF Source, so they let him know as a loyal customer that they were going to be marking a couple items down soon, so my price on that same item should reflect that to compete. The items are still full online retail, and have only been out for a couple months.
>>
>>5576961
No, he wants you to not lie about what costs what.
>>
>>5576965
Are you autistic?
>>
>>5576979
He's right.
You're a greedy cunt.
>>
>>5576979
Are you?
>>
>>5576959
You did good. Part of the reason I don't want to deal with eBay to sell some shit I don't want anymore is beacuse I fear I might ge fucked over. I don't want to take pictures and videos of every fucking package.
>>
>>5576979
I think you're the autistic one if you can't understand that regardless of what they're paying, misrepresenting the specifics of what they're paying for is annoying.
>>
Have an eBay account for 4years, buy rare micromachines and big ticket out of production items; fucking no one leaves feedback for me.

Everytime I ask them to leave feedback, they say :Will do, thanks for blah blah;

Time comes for a quarterly big ticket buy -900$, seller takes forever replying to me due to being wary.

Shit bothers me so much.
>>
> horror story

Trying to buy anything from America thanks to GSP.

Tell me you guys don't actually use that scam.
>>
>>5576994

Do you list your actual cost price, and the breakdown of all ebay and paypal fees in your auction to be totally honest about what you're selling for how much?

No? You lying bag of cuntbastard spooge. Die in a fire.
>>
File: 1451987455069.png (66 KB, 150x180) Image search: [Google]
1451987455069.png
66 KB, 150x180
>>5574669
Not /toy/s, but:
>set up aution for manga on eBay, they are basically new, no yellowing not damage etc.
>ends at $86
>buyer pays immediately
>sends message saying you better pack it nice and tight!
>proceed to pack nice and tight like I usually do no worries
>couple of days later
>buyer gets package and is screaming in private messages that the books are "too bendy"
>paper back manga are "too bendy"
>ask them to send pictures of the problem
>they never respond
>>
>>5577064
No, you don't have to because those are already supposed to be part of the list price. Compensation for lowball bids is not supposed to be part of shipping costs.
>>
>>5576546
Damn, this is some top quality bait, you're kind of wasting it here on /toy/ friend, you can get these chucklefucks rustled up with a whole lot less effort.
>>
>>5575394
Do the elbows even move on those?
>>
>>5576631
Literally me
>>
>>5576994
You need every single pricing component broken down and detailed for you because you can't decide whether or not to buy a toy based on the total price? Do you just shutdown and stare at the floor every time you engage in commerce?
>>
>>5577072
It's like half of eBay doesn't understand that yes, Virginia, shipping does cost money. So do boxes, peanuts, travel, and the seller's time.
>baaaaaaw shipping shoold be fweeee!:*O
>>
>>5577103
It doesn't need to be broken down and detailed, just honest. Like putting the shipping as the actual cost of shipping, and not shipping + compensation for lowball bids.
>>5577108
>shipping does cost money
It does, but compensation for lowball bids isn't part of shipping costs.
>>
Always try and list the exact amount for shipping, factor handling into your item price. I've had someone sperg out on me for literally less than two dollar difference between the price I listed and the price that was on the box.
>>
>>5577108
>So do boxes, peanuts, travel, and the seller's time
$15 for handling when shipping is $15 is bullshit, I've had packages reinforced for less than that.
>>
>>5577157
ignore him, he's just a scammer prick trying to justify being a prick. He's probably inbred and supports Trump.
>>
>>5576874
>In fact, tell that to ebay themselves who want to charge $70 to ship a single loose figure to my bum fuck country. No way it costs that much.

It might depending on your country.

>Fact is, as long as shipping is clearly stated, a seller can claim it's part of the terms you agreed to when you bid.

No, they can't. Because as part of the agreement with eBay they can't purposely over charge on shipping to make up on bids or bin price.

And if you try to pocket the difference it's on you.
>>
>>5577108
>So do boxes, peanuts, travel, and the seller's time.
That's not even what started this tsunami of autism.

What started it was a retarded anon coming here to (probably bait) bitch about how he was purposefully, knowingly charging double shipping to make up for what he saw as not enough profit in the actual sticker price of the item.

Not that he was charging more for shipping supplies and "handling".

He literally said he was doing it to put more money in his pocket.

And got pooper peeved when a buyer rightfully called him out on it.

There's no way to twist this around as buyers being piss babbies about wanting sellers to eat shipping costs, because the anon who started this admitted that he didn't spend more than $15 on shipping, but charged $30 and pocketed the rest.
>>
>>5577215
>piss babbies
Fuck off.
>>
>>5577217

So you're just completely dropping the pretense of moral superiority here, huh?
>>
>>5576959
So taking pictures of you packaging the item actually works when defending yourself against a claim? I thought ebay would just tell you to fuck off and side with the seller regardless.
>>
>>5577300
No, I'm saying don't use SJW phrases here and call him a fuckface like a proper anon.
>>
>>5577334
No, that's just /toy/'s whining nonsense from amateur sellers who don't do anything to protect themselves. If you have actual evidence eBay will usually side with you.
>>
>>5577353
Not him but pissbabies is an SJW phrase? Also I see stuff like shitlord on here all the time and no one gets called on it.
>>
File: FIG-MOE-1158_02.jpg (57 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
FIG-MOE-1158_02.jpg
57 KB, 532x800
I used to work for a toy site, and I'm actually in the process of liquidating some of my figures via eBay. I have this Kiriko Hattori PVC figure I'm willing to part with, but every ebay listing I've seen for it prices it from about $300-$400. (the unpainted resin kit sells for far less)

What would be a reasonable asking price for it?
>>
>>5577481
Have you checked the sold listings?
>>
>>5577484
Yeah, one sold for $394.92 on Feb 9th, $381.73 on Jan 10th, and $179.99 on Jan 28th.

$179 was used, the others were listed as new/never opened. Mine has been on display, but still has its original packaging, etc, so it would qualify as used, but in like new condition.

I'm thinking based on that ~$200 seems fair?
>>
>>5577496
Yeah, that's the ballpark I'd try for.
Be careful selling expensive toys though, those types of auctions attract the worst sort of people.
>>
>>5577496
Yeah that sounds about right. I'd say $250 max.
>>
>>5577501
>>5577502

Thanks, and I'll definitely keep that in mind. :)
>>
>>5576546
The problem we're having is your lack of transparency to your buyers. I'd be kinda mad if that happened to me. You could have put in some bullshit reason like, "I charge $__ for box, packing materials, and travel," but you didn't.

Idk man, If I overestimate, I usually do refund the difference if it's over a dollar, because some estimates can be dodgy.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 600x800
>Get exclusive lego minifig
>Don't care for the character so I go to flip it
>Sells for $500
Few days after I ship the buyer files a claim saying I sent damaged goods
>wat.jpeg
>Ask for pics
>Its clearly the same figure, just not the one I sent out
The packaging literally prevents any kinda of real movement in the window and mine was shipped with both arms down, the picture he sent had one of the arms up, meaning he had to either take it out of the packaging and put it back into a different box or it was a different but same figure
>Call up ebay and tell them the guy is full of shit
>Turns out the lady I was talking to collects lego as well
>Basically tells me not to worry, and that I wont have to give a refund as its clearly a case of fraud
>Buyer still sends the figure back though
>Get it
>Relist it as damaged
>Made another $300
>Mfw
Kinda wish I still had the, saved.
>>
>>5574669
>Buy book from Japanese dealer
>comes in two weeks
>has a nice hand written letter from him thanking me for the purchase
>purchase three more books with him over a few months
>each one comes with a comfy letter thanking me for my purchases
He always has low prices and free shipping. Wish I could meet him in person and get a dinner for being so based
>>
>>5577876
>all those gifts and cute notes from Japanese sellers
I should start doing that too.
>>
>>5576850
I listed something 2 weeks ago and it wasnt an option. I was lucky that he was okay with saving 10$ over his/her desired 20$
>>
>>5577847

What minifig?
>>
>>5577876
>>5577895

>tfw the Japanese seller I got my VulcanLog Snake from sent me some snacks with my figure

What a nice guy. Snacks were nice too.
>>
>>5577876
Get these from the Groroius Nipponese sellers I get MSIA from on Amazon.
>>
File: 20160328_010104.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160328_010104.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Never thought I would get this Seras Victoria figure, she's long past production and everywhere I see her she's going for $200-$400. One day I saw her on ebay for $85 buy it now and I jumped on that shit
>>
>>5577876
>buy from dude many years ago on ebay
>it was my birthday, so I told him I purchased the figure as a birthday present for myself
>end up getting package with an extra figure in it with a birthday card
Made me pretty happy tbqh
>>
>>5575958
>hope the seller relists for less

Sometimes when I am feeling very jewy, I will message them the next day and say "I was really interested in that item and was wondering if you would sell it for less." They are probably at their weakest after their shit doesnt sell, so thats the time to swoop in and jew them.
>>
>>5576516
I agree thats all just one total cost to me as the buyer, regardless of how its split between the item and shipping. So I factor the shipping cost into my bids or BIN offers since I view it as a single transaction. But it doesn't surprise me that some people bitch and complain about these things. Offering free shipping and charging extra for the item is my solution as a seller as well.
>>
>>5578175
That's too direct to be jewy, that's like gypsy level shit.
>>
>>5575958
>>5578175
This is too cruel.
>>
>>5578181
You're agreeing with bait.
>>
Whats with the "image" filenames recently im seeing in every thread like this?
>>
>>5578241
Uploaded from a phone, iirc.
>>
>>5578241
Considering the troll halfway through the thread I'm guessing it's Peon, although if it is it's way better than his normal schtick.
>>
>>5578241
people (or one person?) using moble networks to ban evade
>>
>>5576495
You're not wrong. She agreed to the listing terms the second her bid was placed. That cunt had no business demanding a refund for shipping.
>>
>>5578378
>She agreed to the listing terms the second her bid was placed.
And he agreed to ebay's terms, which he violated by purposefully overcharging on shipping.
>>
>>5578383
eBay stopped giving a shit about this once they started charging fees for shipping.
>>
>>5578400
He's still violating their terms and lying to her. If he actually overestimated shipping by fucking 100% then refunding her the difference would be fair because he's getting the same profit he thought he was originally if he refunds it, and she's probably getting slower/lower quality shipping than what she expected for fucking $30. He didn't even do that though, he intentionally overcharged because he's too stupid to compensate for lowballers by raising the starting bid.
>>
File: Picture 1.jpg (23 KB, 479x200) Image search: [Google]
Picture 1.jpg
23 KB, 479x200
>>5578412
>be age 4 on ebay
>buy $1 item with $5 shipping because it's cheaper than that $5 item with $1 shipping
>$1 is a smaller number than $5 so it must be cheaper
>why did it take $6 out of my paypal instead of $1
>give seller bad feedback for lying
>seller is stupid for confusing me
>>
>>5578502
>this much mental gymnastics to avoid realizing/admitting that you're just a scam artist
>>
File: 3e3.png (638 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
3e3.png
638 KB, 600x634
>>5578412
>>5578383
>>5577609
>>5577215
>Trying to cuck sellers outside of ebay
Why are you wasting time here when you could be filing false paypal disputes
>>
>>5578515
Postage is free
>This is best for me because adding totals is confusing
Listing postage is less than actual
>Lolololol fuck that seller it's their fault for putting it wrong, serves them right. I don't owe them anything, giving bad feedback if they dare to ask.
Listing postage is same as actual
>That was a close one, i almost got confused by the postage being different
Listing postage is higher than actual
>WHAT THE FUCK, SELLER IS A LIAR,SCAMMER, REPORTED REPORTED, I DESERVE THE POSTAGE DIFFERENCE!!
>>
>>5576495
hello young padawan

I suggest you incorporate your shipping fees into the item cost, and set the shipping as "free shipping", that way no one can ever argue about your shipping price.

I learned that within a month of ebaying back 4 years ago
>>
>>5576994
>>5576965
>>5576911
>>5576679

what part of this is lying? how do you people not get this?

Auctions -clearly- state, follow along with me here.

how much...it is going to -cost you-, -to have him ship it to you-

this includes both the postal cost, and any and all charges on his part to get it done.

if you don't like it, buy your item from someone else, because thats what it will cost you to have -him- ship it to you.
>>
>>5578606
Enjoy losing business to the guy that doesn't jack up the price of every item by about $10 and instead gives combined postage to sellers.

Free shipping is garbage.
>>
>seller charges me 3x actual shipping
>ships item cheaply - reused/second hand materials
>item comes in damaged
>make claim
>get refund 20 minutes later
>You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item. You can view details of this return on eBay.
>seller still wants item back

he's being a dick about it, lying, and throwing accusations out and about. originally had plans to send it back but him being a real prick about it makes me want to abuse the system.
>>
>>5578620
What part are you not getting where the guy's saying that he told buyers that shipping was $30, when it actually only cost half of that and pocketed the rest as profit, just because he felt like it.

That IS lying about how much the postage would cost and it IS lying to buyers. Postage isn't an arbitrary number the seller can just pluck out of the air, it's supposed to only be for covering the cost of sending buyers item to them and there're dozens of ways to accurately find out how much it's supposed to cost.

And the OP was posting because he was buttflustered that a buyer actually did work out that the seller had just scammed them with double the postage price. If you pay for $30 worth of shipping you OWE the payer $30 worth of shipping, just as much as you owe them whatever item they bought from you.

If someone pays you for a whole sandwich at the price you said a whole sandwich was supposed to cost you don't then give them only half a sandwich and get pissy when they call you out for being a liar and a scammer.
>>
File: 1362432776680.gif (64 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
1362432776680.gif
64 KB, 160x120
>have set of Mortal Kombat figures for BIN or Best Offer
>play best offer tennis with someone, he finally accepts my offer
>"hey can i pay in two weeks?"
>mfw

You had several opportunities to ask me you fuckhead.
>>
>>5578629
>You don't need to return this item to the seller - you can keep the item.

I don't understand how this works, it happened to me a few months ago.
I bought a Neca predator which was advertised as used but like new condition.
It looked good in the photos, but when it arrived one of the arms was broken off at the elbow joint.
I filed a claim and got to keep the figure and my money back.
I felt kind of bad because the seller wasn't a dick about it and accepted my refund request straight away.
They never contacted me again after the case was closed though.
>>
File: 1455099504694.png (448 KB, 496x708) Image search: [Google]
1455099504694.png
448 KB, 496x708
>>5578644
God damn that feel is too real.
>>
>>5578624
That would make sense if the situation really was "i'm asking retail price + this much extra in "shipping" because im a dick and trying to gouge customers" and not "my price still matches everyone elses, because i'm factoring in shipping costs to the total price like every other sane person out there"

lets be honest and call this what it is. people are mad because theyre not getting "bro prices" on their toys, and try to take advantage of those who separate "shipping fees" by forcing it with threats of negative feedback if u dont gimme muh discount
>>
>>5578664
>They never contacted me again after the case was closed though.

What more would there even be to say...?
>>
>>5578629
>>5578664

I've dealt with the "sellers end" of this before, but only when it escilates to a buyer protection claim and ebay has to step in

>sell item
>buyer claims its not as described, etc (lieing scumbags 99% of time, shipping damage thanks to uspSHIT other times)
>when its scumbag, i argue against it
>ebay eventually has to step in
>am professional seller, high sale volume, happy customers at all times, 100% positive feedback, fast shipping blah blah blah
>"Don't worry we'll take care of you, it's on us, anon"
basically, ebay covers the cost of the refund for decent ebayers. i think the limit is 80 bucks for the level im at (theyve never told me directly but its slipped before while dealing with a claim)

now, if you requested refund and seller instantly accepted and you STILL didnt have to return it, no clue, seller must just like to avoid trouble. I've done the same thing a handful of times as well.
>>
>Found a britbong selling the Honda Futayo figma for £30
>Sends me a message to say it'll be shipped out today and arrive the same day
>Messages me again asking if there were other figmas I was after
>Mentioned I wanted a Saber 2.0
>Says he's only got a Saber Alter if I want it for £25
>Didn't plan on getting the figure but at that price I couldn't say no.
>Couple of hours late they message me saying that the actually have a Saber 2.0 and do I want it for £15?
>You fucking bet I do buddy
>Both figures turn up next day BNIB.

All in all it went OK.
>>
>>5578672
I thought they might want their item back, like >>5578629 said.

>>5578674
>seller must just like to avoid trouble. I've done the same thing a handful of times as well.
Makes sense, the item was pretty much worthless with the broken arm.
>>
>>5578691

High volume sellers won't care about the one or two refund requests they get. Some of them get their stock from liquidation sales or garage sales so it's not worth their while to follow up on the issue.

>>5578632

Except if you charge exact shipping you come out in the red. Ebay and Paypal take almost 15% from your stated shipping. So even at $30, the seller only pockets about $25+. Minus $15 actual shipping, that's $10. Minus packaging material, maybe something for transport to the PO, at most he gets away with enough for an extra happy meal. It's not THAT terrible.
>>
>>5577083
Nope, which is fine because when Mattel tried adding joints to Timm-style figures they turned into floppy pieces of shit.
>>
>>5578703
>It's not THAT terrible
$15 dollars straight wouldn't be that terrible either. He's still lying.
>>
>>5578682
>>5578682

>Saber 2.0 for £15

lucky cunt
>>
>>5578911

OMG a liar, what a godawful sin. Surely he shall burn in hell.
>>
>>5578931
Probably counterfeit
>>
>>5576175
Wish people made reasonable offers on my stuff. When I put together marvel legends lots I list the lot based on the current sold prices of all the figures and do best offer expecting to drop the price by 10-20%, but instead all I get for offers are crazy half off or even lower...
>>
>>5578937

ur counterfeit
>>
I love it when sellers ship things like comic books, posters or other large, flat objects in cheap envelopes with nothing to keep them sturdy, then get surprised when buyers complain that the thing arrived folded and mangled.

It's not hard to insert a sturdy bit of cardboard into the envelope to keep it from getting folded. Writing "do not bend" on the thing doesn't work.
>>
>>5578935
Yes, saying there's something wrong with lying is tantamount to saying he deserves to burn in hell.
>>
>>5578624
Free shipping is not garbage, fuckhead.

Sellers can still combine shipping, all they have to do is issue a partial refund.

Buyers are also enticed into it because of eBay Bucks- rewards are only earned from item cost, not postage. If 2 sellers have the same item, but one is charging $20 + $10 postage, the other charges $30 and free shipping, I get more points off the second seller. This alone encourages sellers to buy those listings.
>>
>>5578935
>Hey homie, I have this delicious milk shake for $20.
>"hey, this is just a glass of 2% milk with a scoop of cocoa powder!"
>You agreed to the terms when you bought it!
>"O-okay".

This is you.
>>
>>5578950
Tbh fampai it's because you're putting a lot together at individual prices.

That's not what lots are for and not how people buy lots.

Lots are to get rid of a bunch of figures at one time for cheaper than someone could buy each on individually, and save you the time of individually listing all of the figures.

If I see a lot with figures that are all the same price as if I buy them individually, I'm just going to move on or make an offer I think the lot is worth because I probably don't want everything in the lot.
>>
>>5578937

She was legit, much to my pleasant surprise.
>>
>>5578981
I can understand that, but usually the recent sold prices I grab are well below any current listings. I could also understand if it was a lot of 5+ figures, however my lots are always 4 or less figures that typically go together. I see no reason for lots like what I do to go 50% less than individual prices, especially when they sell 90% of the time at the BIN price within 2 weeks, just seems odd that nobody would rather make me a fair offer and get it sooner while saving... But whatever
>>
>>5579016
Because they probably don't actually want the lot that bad, they just want to get a bunch of figures for 50% off.
>>
I messaged a guy I had bought a few items from on eBay about some other stuff he had listed that either sold or the listing ended. He said he still had it, but wanted to just use PayPal instead of putting up another listing.

What do y'all think? Never had this happen before.
>>
>>5579069
It's just him trying to avoid ebay's fees, if he's been reliable in the past go for it, as long as you don't use gift you're still covered.
>>
>>5579069
Just don't send the money as a gift and you're covered senpai.
If he insists on you using gift then use a paypal fee calculator and offer to pay the difference.
>>
>>5579050
>Because they probably don't actually want the lot that bad,

Well yeah, duh.

>they just want to get a bunch of figures for 50% off.

As someone who does buy lots once in awhile, it's probably for a number of reasons:

1. The lot is full of trash, as in many things are incomplete or broken and no effort has been made to complete anything and it's labeled 'as is'.

2. I already have many of the figures in the lot and really only want a few of them, and if the seller cared enough they would have sold each individually any way

3. If they are priced the same as they are individually, I'll just go buy the individual ones I want.

I'm not saying that the anon above has done any of these things or that the buyers who tried to make an offer on his listing did or thought these things, but this is generally why I would or wouldn't buy a lot.

Tbh for every person who goes through the trouble to put together a good lot there's some faggot who just tosses a tub of shit on a table that is incomplete, and much of it damaged, and slaps $300 OBO +$100 shipping on their listing.

I literally just came here from looking on eBay at lots of MSIA, and there was one with about 15 incomplete figures, some actually missing body parts, for $300.
>>
>>5578977
>>5578911
>>5578669
>>5578632
Is this actually a huge issue for people? I've bought plenty of stuff in the past where the actual shipping was higher than what was listed, it hasn't even crossed my mind that this is even a thing, as long as the item comes safe it is what you paid for it, it's the total for the item, thats why paypal doesnt separate shipping because its all one big total

>>5578977
More like
>Have this milkshake for $20
>Oh wow this milkshake was awesome i loved it, exactly what i thought it would be, totally worth $20
>Bill comes out, part of the charge was shipping the milk in
>"I didn't agree to pay for milk shipping $10 this way too much to ship milk!!"
>"But you enjoyed the milkshake and were fine with the price till now?"
>"I'm only paying $10 you lied to me about the shipping!"
>Argue with the the manager till they agree to refund you for the whole milkshake
>Leave a bad review on yelp
>They deserved it

How do you people survive in real life, is /toy/ just full of soccer moms?
>>
>>5579390
>More like
>A bunch of bullshit that isn't actually anything like what anyone is saying.

It's actually like
>Agree to pay X amount for item, seller says it costs Y to ship
>Pay X+Y
>Item gets to you, it actually costs Y/2 to ship, you ask seller to refund money you paid for shipping that didn't actually go to shipping
>Seller goes on 4Chan to bitch about some cunt who dared to question their purposely charging extra for shipping and pocketing it

I don't see why anyone would defend the anon, he openly said he knowingly charged twice as much for shipping so he could pocket extra profit which is against eBay policy.

>How do you people survive in real life

Well I don't let people scam me out of money. I'd hate to see you run into a pack of gypsies.
>>
>>5579399
He's not actually pocketing extra profit though.
There is literally no reason to overcharge on shipping unless you're trying to trick retards who only look at the item price and not item price + shipping.
>>
>>5579390
It's not huge, but it is an issue when the guy is lying and misusing the shipping function because he's too stupid to just add it to the BIN, which he admitted to. But we're looking at this from the perspective of someone who knows he did it on purpose, the customer probably just thinks he overestimated and wants $15 back because if he gives it back he ends up with the same profit he originally thought he would. All that and when I pay $30 for shipping I expect $30 worth of shipping, BBTS tier shit, in the same way I expect minimal packaging and risks when I pay $7 for SAL.
>>
This is a good day for Peon.
>>
>>5579408
>there is literally no reason to try to make a profit
>>
>>5578911
>>5578632
>>5576994
>>5576965
>>5576911
>>5576679
At what point in the transaction does the item become not what you wanted?
>Item is $XX click buy, really happy with deal, if i wasnt i wouldnt have bought it right?
>Item is shipped instantly, arrives 2 days later in undamaged condition
>Take item out, exactly what i wanted, price was exactly what i thought it would be.
>Notice that the shipping price on the box isn't familiar, suddenly autism kicks in
>Get down on all 4's and run to computer squealing like a pig
>Frantically grab fedora before computer boots up
>Click your bookmarked desktop icon that goes straight to your ebay buying page
>Shipping price is different
>Its higher
>Throw item across room shattering it instantly into pieces
>You didn't want it anyway
>Tears swell up in eyes mixing with the doritos flavoring on your fingers turning it into a paste
>Clicking on the transaction triggers a macro to instantly file a paypal dispute
>Leave bad feedback saying the seller raped you
>Tweet what happened, #EbayShippingMatters
>SJW friends join in to buy things from the seller to scam them
>Paypal sides with the buyer, just as you expected
>You get a full refund
>Seller asks for the item back, they're really sorry
>Their business is ruined
>Keep the item and the refund
>Serves them right
>>
>>5579453
Oh come on, how could they be a fedora AND an SJW?
>>
>>5579453
>muh ad hominem projection
Customers don't appreciate self-serving deceit? Who knew?
>>
>>5579415
>When i pay for an item as described, i expect the item as described
Maybe if they said there'd be tracking and insurance or something and then they flaked out yeah i'd be mad, but i usually try my best to buy an item knowing full well that i'm going to have to pay what it says to get said item.
>>
>>5579489
Yes, and the item as described included $30 worth of shipping, which is why the shipping was listed as $30. Whether that means tracking and insurance or just higher quality packaging is up to the seller.
>>
File: 1453158522222.jpg (88 KB, 728x530) Image search: [Google]
1453158522222.jpg
88 KB, 728x530
>>5574669
Okay this happened circa 4 years ago, I was selling my Xbox 360 because I wanted to start building my own PC rig. So since I live in Ireland it's a small country and thus not many people buy stuff like a 360 second hand because no one trusts each other here for some reason. Anyway I posted an ad on an Irish selling website called Done-Deal and no success. Weeks went by before I tried a new approach. So I tried setting up ads on websites such as Ebay and Amazon and it seemed good until again, no response (To also point out I at this point saw a good GPU that was very cheap and it was brand new, it was on some sort of sale and I was rushing to sell my console). I then set up ads in local shops and 'grocery' stores just in case someone local wanted it. I had multiple calls asking they could swap for a PS 3 and even one guy asking if they could swap it for a PS 3 and 20 games of which about 10 were new and they even went as far as even saying they would even pay me extra for it. I had none of it. Then after about 3 months of my console being on sale some idiot and I mean IDIOT went and and bought the console for ,you'll never guess the price, fucking €500. That's right half a grand on a console which was soon to be outdated and I then asked him about 4-5 times if that was the correct price and if he was willing for the deal and HE WAS!
I built my pc and it was all good.
Lucky.
>>
>>5579408
>He's not actually pocketing extra profit though.

He literally said he was charging 2x shipping so he could pocket half of it. That's called profit broheim.

>There is literally no reason to overcharge on shipping unless you're trying to trick retards who only look at the item price and not item price + shipping.

Some places and methods of shipping actually can be expensive. Not everything fits in a flat rate box.
>>
>>5579453
>>5579453

So you haven't gotten tired of beating up that straw man yet?
>>
>>5579596
No he changed to a different strawman. Peon's learning.
>>
>>5579530
>live in Ireland it's a small country and thus not many people buy stuff like a 360 second hand because no one trusts each other here for some reason

I'm 75% Irish blood. I know the Irish government is so corrupt it's only a hair above China, the country allowed a massive terrorist organization that killed Irish people for money to thrive practically without a fight, and you let your culture be overwritten by British rule- I don't even know Gaelic, nor do any of my Irish family know much of it, because of no real incentive to learn it when we have to speak English regardless.

The only comfort I get out of it is whiskey, and in knowing that being Irish mean I'm not white so I can tell /pol/ to fuck off when they ask me to be their "white brother".
>>
>>5579726
>being Irish mean I'm not anglo-saxon
ftfy
Still though, Ireland sounds like a bitch of a place to live.
>>
>>5579726
A culture can only take so much before it gives up and dies.
>>
>>5579737
the fact the "whites" enslaved Irish people and denied us as part of their culture when we first tried to immigrate to the US, we're not white at all.

Good.
>>
>>5579813
He clearly knows what you were talking about. Also you're hardly the first whites to get enslaved by other whites, or have other whites deny you as part of their culture. Also there is no general "white culture", that's just something american black people think whites have because whites destroyed most traces of their various original cultures so they all identify as one unified culture.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 635x337) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29 KB, 635x337
Just got this today, it's been several hours since I responded and still nothing from this guy.

Correct shipping address I've used for years to order other stuff to my address. Never had another problem, yet somehow this guy fucked up the shipping somehow. I honestly have no idea wtf even happened, I mean I figure even economy shipping has tracking, right? I was never given a tracking number or anything through paypal or ebay.

Already waited almost 20 days for it, and I just know it's going to take another 20 days if this guy fixes what he fucked up.
>>
>>5579959
>I figure even economy shipping has tracking, right?
Doubtful. Maybe Registered SAL, but cheapest options don't normally have tracking.
>>
File: scammer.png (191 KB, 839x754) Image search: [Google]
scammer.png
191 KB, 839x754
>>5579593
>>5579596
>>5579498
>>5579470
Hey guys i'm having trouble finding the scammer here, i've calculated the totals and they all seem to be the same,but i'm worried if i go with the free shipping guy that shipping costs him money.

It can't actually be free can it? Because if it wasn't free that would make him a liar and it would be my job to pay him for the shipping costs just as it would be their job to give me the difference if the actual shipping turned out to be less on the other guys.

Shipping not being exact scares me, so please help me decide who to go with
>>
>>5580283
Jesus Christ you're assblasted.
>>
>>5578632
>ignores the "and handling" in S&H
>>
>>5577876
>>5577954
>>5577995
I added Masatoshi Nagasaka on Facebook because I heard stories like this about him packing snacks and Japan tour guides and whatnot along with the shipped items. I've yet to make a purchase though.
>>
>>5580283
I'll be blunt I wish ebay and places would do away with shipping cost shit and force the seller to show the price with shipping included and if there are various shipping choices just make them show the "cheapest"
That way your pick related would just show 50 across the board.
>>
>>5580291
Postal handling not the sellers is what that is referring to anon
good bait though
>>
>>5580291
Honestly i agree with possible bait anon. Before i got depression treated i'd put the shipping price higher than necessary so i could mentally justify getting up to go to the post office "yeah that 10 extra bucks is just to get me to go"

I've done it to the extent of shipping even being more than $50 over what the actual was without any issues, got lucky i guess. Generally people would bid lower tho because obviously they had a price they'd pay in mind including the postage.

If the shipping was added later like amazon and you bought something cheap accidentally i'd agree completely with other anons, but you bid on an item knowing fully well what your price limit is, how is expecting the shipping difference justifiable if you knowingly bidded less for an item because of shipping.

If i'm happy with the total price i'll buy it regardless of the configuration of the shipping cost/item price and don't give a crap as long as it arrives safe
>>
>>5580299
It would be nice if ebay automatically total the shipping and only display the total then once you click on the listing it breaks the costs down, but then again it would still have the same issue that's being argued about if you can view the value of the shipping, Free shipping looks like the best way to keep the masses happy and stop people bothering you for combined shipping.
>>
>>5580308
bingo
I list everything as Free Shipping to avoid that headache
>>
>>5580300
>Being so far gone that thinking normally qualifies as bait
>>
Anyone else bored of this by now?

May as well just report and ignore. We gave peon the chance for a decent thread, but he's too much of an autist to deal with anything that doesn't give him (you)s and torpedoed his own thread.
>>
>see figure

>$20 or best offer

>I offer $15

>seller never responds and lets my offer expire because he's a piece of shit who can't rouse himself to click the "turn down offer" button like a normal human being

>auction expires with no buyers

>he relists at the same price

>I once again offer $15

>this time he responds with a counteroffer of $18

>what the fuck is the point

>I turn him down

>about a month later, search for the same item

>he has it listed now at $15 or best offer

>I offer $10

>he never responds

C'est la vie.
>>
>>5580359
You're not on ebay bud, you can't report sellers for not agreeing with you here.
>>
>>5580359
What are you talking about? This is exactly what he wanted.
>>
>>5580378

Yeah, I don't get that, I would probably take $15 on $20. It's the people that would offer $10-$12 on a $20 listing that piss me off.
>>
so what is the best strategy to win bids?

-wait until the last posible second to bid
-Put the amount you're willing to spend on item from the start

I just started and have success with the first option.
>>
>>5580901
Always bid at the last possible second. You can still bid the most you're willing to spend, but you'll probably get it for less. Bidding early just drives up the closing price.
>>
>>5580901
>wait until the last possible second to bid
I usually try to bid when there's 5 seconds left, since that's the fastest I can put a bid in.
>Put the amount you're willing to spend on item from the start
I put the amount I'm willing to spend and then add $2-3 because I hate being sniped by a couple of bucks when it's something I really want.

Only idiots bid right at the start of an auction.
>>
>>5579072
>>5579071

Thanks, appreciate the advice.
>>
>>5580901
Sniping at the last second is the only smart way to bid with eBay's terrible auction format.
>>
>>5581033
I love it when anons in some of the generals that I frequent cry about being sniped
>>
>>5576615
Care to post any screencaps? Someone being this pissed over not scamming you out of $5 sounds pretty damn funny.
>>
File: greedy-jewish-person-cartoon.jpg (83 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
greedy-jewish-person-cartoon.jpg
83 KB, 501x585
>work for a place that sells a lot of stuff on ebay, mostly comics and toys
>first of the month
>huge amount of orders made/paid for

Is that when people get their neetbucks or something?
>>
>first time buying from China seller
>pretty good feedback, only negatives are people buying bootleg items anyway
>$120 purchase
>seller is nice
>sends the items in really tight packaging, way better than most sellers
>item is nearly perfect condition, even though they said it was used
Good stuff. I was worried for awhile though.

One thing that grinds my gears is when people start bidding for an item like a week before the end date. What's the point of that? I did that a few times till I realized how snipe bidding works, but it seems like an unnecessary way to up the price. I'm betting some take advantage of that.
>>
not ebay but related, I'm still new to this.

But why does amazon not use actual photos of the product? shit is bothering me, they only use stock photos and you can't see what the actual product looks like.
>>
>>5584183
I'm guessing some are bidders that bid on a number of items in a massive scale, so they just look for something and bid their max amount then forget about it and hope for the best.

Or they could be fake accounts by the seller to jack up the price.

Or really retarded people.

Or kids.
>>
>>5584234

Because Amazon is a retailer that likely has dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of an item.

It wouldn't make any sense to give you a picture of the actual item, because it would be one item out of the thousands that they have.

I guess it is a little different if we're talking 3rd party sellers, but I guess Amazon just doesn't have the same rules/etc as eBay that necessitates sellers putting a pic of the actual item.

eBay actually defaults to a stock pic if you enter in the item information/barcode, so you have to manually remove it and put your own pics up anyway, if you list that way.
>>
is this legit?

https://www.snip.pl/
>>
>>5584183
If I'm not going to be around when the auction is ending, I usually bid as soon as I see it.
Or if it's something I only kind of want I'll bid early.
>>
>>5584172
>Is that when people get their neetbucks or something?

Yep.
>>
File: feels good man.png (212 KB, 586x482) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.png
212 KB, 586x482
>tfw bidding with 10 seconds left
>tfw become highest bidder
>tfw seeing people driving up the price but not managing to outbid you
>tfw you win

It's borderline sexual. Just... the build up, the anxiety, the tension, and then the release.
Fucking magical.
>>
>>5584183

I'm new to eBay and can't understand why people bid for an item past the lowest Buy it Now price for the same quality item

It's almost like people don't do any research before hand.
>>
>>5574676
>always pay instantly when buying from eBay
>sellers leave feedback complementing the prompt payment
>didn't even realize paying later was an option
Who the hell tries to buy shit they can't even pay for? I don't understand that logic.
>>
File: sweatyman.gif (360 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
sweatyman.gif
360 KB, 301x301
>>5588053
I don't usually get that nervous or excited about anything but something about watching those last few seconds tick down makes my heart race.
>>
>>5574676
The whole unpaid item dispute system needs to be trashed. There's no reason to give a deadbeat 6 days to dick around and waste a seller's time. It should be two days max, after that the seller can cancel immediately without any bullshit.

>>5588453
It's common for buyers to order something and not pay because they saw a similar item cheaper elsewhere. Others are indecisive idiots or assholes who fuck around just because eBay lets them get away with it.
>>
Has anyone every purchased a gift card from Paypaldigitalgifts? They never emailed me the giftcard, and I cant dispute the order because email delivery. Checked spam etc.
>>
File: 1426992734799.jpg (26 KB, 558x515) Image search: [Google]
1426992734799.jpg
26 KB, 558x515
>buyer says they're going to buy my item but won't be able to pay for it for two days
>they haven't clicked Buy It Now
Should I just let them know that they're SOL if someone else gets to it first?
>>
>>5592490
No reason to let them know. It's not like you gave a binding contract with them already.
>>
I've never sold anything on ebay before, but I've been thinking about selling off a few things lately.

What do I need to do/know so that I don't get fucked over by the buyer?
>>
>>5577024
That pisses me off too. I started a system: if the seller hasn't left feedback for me by the time the item gets to my door, I don't leave feedback for them.
>>
>win auction on Sunday
>pay right away
>didn't ship until today

Enjoy your neutral feedback you slow piece of shit.
>>
>>5594180
Exactly what I do/how I feel
>>
>>5594180
Win auction on the 18th, pay on the 18th, seller fucks up shipping labels and item gets held for 2 weeks.

Takes his sweet time to respond to my messages, only hurriedly replies when I open a case.

Fuckin wow.
>>
Transactions, both payment or mailing, should never take more than two days.

At least, not without clear communication as to what is taking so long. I'm actually pretty reasonable, so just so long as someone gives me a reason as to why they're late paying me, or why they're late shipping my item out--even if it is a bullshit reason--I'm fine. At least if it is a bullshit reason, they still went out of their way to contact me and give me some sort of heads up that there is a delay.

I've always immediately paid for any auctions I've won, and frankly, I feel like shit toward the buyer if it takes me two days to mail something out. But I work 3rd shift, so if I'm busy for 8~12 hours at night, sometimes I'm so dead tired I just can't get out to the PO that day.
>>
>People that don't ship out your items the day you send payment

There's nothing I want more than to absolutely destroy these people. It's been three days, I ordered at 9:30am, no shipping info, no tracking. I emailed the guy twice asking why he hasn't shipped yet and no response. They even already left me feedback, typical of ebay sellers who leave feedback as soon as they receive payment and then don't do jack shit. I don't understand it. Worst part is if he had shipped it the day I sent payment I would already have the things I ordered.

I've sold hundreds of things on ebay. I ship the same day I receive payment as long as the post office is still open, and if not first thing in the morning. I don't understand how some people don't understand this.
>>
>>5594254
Maybe those people have full time jobs you fuckin neet
>>
>>5594307
The person I ordered from has over 20k feedback, it's obviously their full-time job,.

When you sell on ebay, you ship things out in a timely manner and you communicate with the buyer if necessary. Doing otherwise is just running a bad business.
>>
ITT impatient manbabies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.