[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is your best friend toy? I dont know if plushes are allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 18
Who is your best friend toy?
I dont know if plushes are allowed here but I want a stuffed animal best friend again.
I never had any friends growing up and played with stuffed animals until I was about 16. I don't want to start collecting stuffed animals again but I do just want to have another best friend like I did Floppy this deer stuffed animal I loved. I cried for hours when I lost him. My brother still makes fun of me for that he said it was the weirdest thing.

>tfw 25 year old man
>tfw no stuffed animal bro to cuddle with at night
>no stuffed animal to cry with when drinking
>no stuffed animal friend

Just talk about your best friend toy pls...
>>
File: P-1 Ronnie.jpg (34 KB, 348x523) Image search: [Google]
P-1 Ronnie.jpg
34 KB, 348x523
This thread probably ain't gonna be that welcome here, but I'll bite. I had a few friends growing up but not really anyone that I trusted with secrets, so I always named my plushies and gave them personalities, then told them about my inner thoughts and feelings. I had hundreds of them and always got someone new when I went anywhere, and real life animals were my favourite, the more accurate looking the better. I've since given away or lost 99% of my childhood plush and the remaining ones were never really characterised. I collect Charlie Bears because I ended up with a taste for high quality materials and the detailed look. Ronnie the red panda is my "new" bestie since 2012. I use him like a diary, muse and sounding board for ideas. We talk a lot, I tell him about my day, and we sit down to watch TV and movies together. He sometimes suggests what we should cook for dinner or where I should go out and what to do on the weekend. A couple years back he went to college classes with me for support when I was having trouble with anxiety and depression, and he slept on my bed up until recently when I bought him his own doll's bed to sleep in (I got worried about rolling on top of him and breaking a joint). I guess it's like having an invisible friend talking in your head, with a physical manifestation to focus on.
>>
>>5251379
Why wouldn't it be welcome here? Plushes are toys and your best friend could be any toy I just soecified stuffed because those are the ones i get closest with.

I am so jealous of your friendship with your stuffed animal. I wish I kept one for that long. Do you think it helps you therepeutocally?
I hear them talking to me they don't really come from my head tbh

Im going to go to toys r ud and look for a new best friend
>>
>>5251397
moot said plushes didn't count as toys the same day he created this board. Janitors go by whatever he said.
>>
>>5251357
I'm really sick right now mentally I am not really OK and my health is declining physically. I need to get a lot of surgeries and medical attention but I can't really leave my house because of my mental illnesses. I gave up and became helpless, but I'm trying not too. Anyways this is going to sound silly but I bought Patamon plush toy because I just wanted something to give me hope and to ground me when I'm having an anxiety attack, especially a PTSD flashback or whatever. I just wanted a real life Digimon and this was as close as I could get.

But, shortly after I bought it I befriended my neighbor's cat so now I don't really need a stuffed toy. I love having all this Digimon stuff around though, especially Patamon stuff. I want a plush Lopmon so much since the whole movie she was in was about not dying and going back to childhood and coming to terms with the fact you can never go back to your childhood and dealing with abandonment and stuff like that.

>>5251718
You're fine. Here's the rule of /toy/ from the FAQ.

>/toy/ - Toys
Toys, toys, toys!

Plush toys are toys so yeah.
>>
File: img55d9fbb17da88_l.jpg (128 KB, 872x1000) Image search: [Google]
img55d9fbb17da88_l.jpg
128 KB, 872x1000
>>5251737
Oops I forgot to post a picture.
I used to have a My Pet Monster when I was a kid that I loved too.
>>
>>5251737
someone dig up the screencap of moot saying that plush toys weren't welcome here!
>>
>>5251751
I tried looking through the archive and just found shitloads of stuffed toy threads so yeah.
>>
>>5251357
There needs to be a subboard for plushies and statueshit, because at the end of the day people treat /toy/ as a collectors board and included it as they please.

As for me AND on topic, I once had a blue plush toy bear called "hug me" (I was a stupid kid and named it after the fact he had hug and me stitched into his feet).

Last I saw him it seems I torn his head off, I now know I have little attachment for my possessions, I'll buy, pose for a bit, then stuff into a cupboard never to be handled again.

I almost bought me some new plushies but seeing how my room is a dust magnet I thought it would be safer environmentally and physically (I'm a hoarder) to perhaps decline it.
>>
File: like this.jpg (8 KB, 146x225) Image search: [Google]
like this.jpg
8 KB, 146x225
>>5251379
What brand is he? I'm a sucker for squishy-looking jointed stuffies.

My favorite growing up is my Scooby Doo beanie, though I'm sad at how small he is now since he isn't exactly cuddly anymore. I think I got so attached to him because the way his paws are shaped I could make him hold things so he got to go on a ton of backyard adventures.
>>
>>5251959
Nevermind, read that it's Charlie Bears, never heard of them. Their stuff looks super nice, shame they're so expensive in the aftermarket.
>>
>>5251737
That's insanely adorable
What are you in the hospital for?
>>
File: WIN_20151030_022051.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20151030_022051.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Slept with this one every night since I was 3. He was a replacement for another much larger white rabbit in a onesie (who I imaginatively called big bunny) which my brother pulled all the stuffing out of.
Big bunny 2.0 has been a very good friend
>>
File: 2015-10-29-224010.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-29-224010.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>5251357
I sleep with mine every night.
Im male.
Plz dont hurt me.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x849) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x849
>>5251357
Scarface, i carry this fucker everywhere with me, and hes always by my side when im lonely and depressed. I love him to fucking death.
>>
I've got a mint green teddy bear which i've had since the first week of my life. I consider him my best buddy.

26 btw, still sleeps with me.
>>
>>5251758
I don't really delve into toys often but this board is too slow to be completely inclusive.

>>5253435
I won't that bunnies really cute :3
Im going to toys r us for a new best friend

>>5254158
That's awesome man...
I wish I still had my childhood friends...

>>5253571
Lol that things awesome
>>
Better plushes than statues on /toy/.
>>
thread is giving me some sad feels tbh
>>
File: gtdfghn.jpg (15 KB, 250x400) Image search: [Google]
gtdfghn.jpg
15 KB, 250x400
I still have my first stuffed toy, a giraffe named Jigger. The picture isn't mine, mine is much more faded and has some light stains. Doesn't stay in the bed, sits on top of a mountain of mine and the wife's other stuffies.
>>
File: img-thing (1).jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing (1).jpg
15 KB, 300x300
I have this gloomy bear
>good for hugs
>claws are pleasing to hold
>gory appearance scares away ghosts
>bought for me by someone special
>weeb shit
10/10

>>5254709
Jigger is kawaii as fuck
>>
>>5254709
>>5254853
Cute

>>5254323
Same tbh
>>
File: 1424513728371.jpg (62 KB, 613x559) Image search: [Google]
1424513728371.jpg
62 KB, 613x559
>>5251379
this lil guy is damn damn cute.
Time to shell out $100 for a plush!
>>
File: 20151031_123345.jpg (516 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20151031_123345.jpg
516 KB, 1600x1200
>>5255482
Careful there man, don't catch the CB fever like I did. These little guys multiply every year, I'm reorganising my collection and this isn't even everyone.
>>
>>5255512
holy crap, I wanna roll around with them.
They all look so adorable and gorgeous (?).
Is that a little squirrel?!
I might be totally OK with getting addicted.
>>
File: Scamp.jpg (57 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
Scamp.jpg
57 KB, 469x505
>>5255523
That's Minimo (miniature mohair bear) Scampeteer. He's a 2015 release and one of my top favourite Minimos, only topped by Townend and Hoppity Hop. Be prepared to destroy your wallet if you get into this brand, their aim is to make a bear to appeal to every kind of buyer and they're all irresistible.
>>
File: 未命名plush.jpg (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
未命名plush.jpg
1 MB, 1024x768
I’ve had/have lots of plush toys and stuffed animals.
I’ve donated and given most away but here is what I have currently.
Most of them have special moments or memories associated with them and two of them are extra special to me.
The little oni girl holding the yellow ball was made by a very close friend of mine off a doodle I made years ago. The guinea pig was given to me as a birthday gift. A friend had him commissioned to look like my pigg Simon that I had to say goodbye to earlier this year.

(sorry about the messy house and poor quality photo/collage)

>>5255606
oooooh so damn cute.
Thank you for the info, I'll be careful!
>>
I have a stuffed spider monkey that I got on a birthday trip to a zoo when I was a wee lad.
Also have a round as fuck raccoon that I don't have any particular emotional ties to, but I can't bring myself to throw away.
The monkey is hanging from a corner of a dresser and the raccoon is usually on the floor near my closet.

Can't justify getting anything else because stuffed animal displays usually look terrible and also I'm a man and stuffed animals are what girls collect.
>>
>>5253571
Careful greg, it may look like hes made of wood but you can't fuck that.
>>
Not really my toy but...

>go to charity shop looking for books
>mum gets plush koala for its spider-man outfit
>notice it's a build-a-bear
>someone built him
>someone put a heart in him
>then gave him away
>>
>>5253571
>Those poop-crusted nails

Greg, at least wash your hands and clean under the nails after you eat your own shit, handling toys without washing your hands is a no-no.
Christ, didn't your mother teach you anything?
>>
File: 20151101_143023.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151101_143023.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
These two are my favorite. Pepijn P. Poels was found on a clearance rack for under a dollar in 2008 and has been my true friend ever since. RedBear was saved from a yard sale from my gf.

They stay here rent free on the comfy bed with the lone task of passively eating potential bad dreams that might be affecting my gf when she sleeps.
>>
File: image.jpg (633 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
633 KB, 2048x2048
This guy accompanies me wherever I go for candid moments so I guess he qualifies.
>>
>>5255512
Yeah I have about 200+ of these guys...
I'm ashamed
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 960x720
But yeah this is one of my friends her name is Tabitha (or Mr. Rabbit) and she comes with me pretty much everywhere.
I have others but they have retired gracefully from service and now live on my shelf to save them from more damage.
My best bro is Butch, a toy dog beanie baby. He's gay, he had a bf called rufus but they broke up. Whenever I go away I make sure to get him a shirt or something. He's just been cleaned so he looks snazzy :)
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-04-09-49-38.png (615 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-04-09-49-38.png
615 KB, 720x1280
This is Moomers, my girlfriend and I share him and he's the coolest guy ever. Whoever Has him at the Time usually does his voice to help comfort each other down. We call him our prize cow. Also his hair is fun to play with
>>
>>5253571
its funny because he looks like he just ate a piece of shit, just like greg does.

>i dont mind if this is a fakegreg. Its too apropos
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.