[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Spring's Sprungin' Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: tumblr_ns39wxLMLg1th7cduo1_540.png (639 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns39wxLMLg1th7cduo1_540.png
639 KB, 540x810
Old thread: >>5542934

>FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

>Want to compare sizes?
Comparison heaven:
http://dollection.fi/heaven/

>See a sculpt you like? Ask, and we can identify it most of the time.
>>
File: im sure that happened.png (213 KB, 540x424) Image search: [Google]
im sure that happened.png
213 KB, 540x424
Recap of last thread:

>Kayke's doll is a mess, but improved in that darker resin. She's still an insane cunt.

>Fairyland QC is still bad

>DollChateau's new releases depict children living in pleather sacks.

>Blah blah blah recast debate

>Kleincrew/Hellcorgi is back for round #87 of scamming shenanigans and general selfish retardation

>Reminiscing about DoD, which still seems to be kill.
>>
>>5576945
Say hypothetically that I wanted to trap another persons soul inside of a doll, what would be the best option for my money?
>>
>>5576967
It would depend on how much you like the person. Were they a shit person? Get a clearance Bratz doll (or, if you want a BJD, get a Hujoo). Did you have an obsession with them and want to recreate a likeness? idk, man. You have many options.

>further perpetuating our psychotic stereotype
>>
Okay. So I've been debating whether or not I should get recast fairyland woosoo head to get in a little face up practice before i try anything out on the real thing (and risk ruining the legit head.) Should I just fuck it and go for the recast or should I buy some other cheap-y legit company head like resinsoul or something to test out faceups on? The reason I'm even considering buying a recast is because I wanna get a feel for the kind of look I want for when I feel confident enough to work on the actual woosoo head, if that makes any sense. *Sorry for my English!*
>>
>>5577088 #
I suggest getting a legit if your purpose is for faceups because there's really usually something off about the resin on recasts. Whenever I faceup them, it feels distinctly different from doing faceups on a legit.

And if you want to see what a faceup looks like on a specific doll, there's always photoshop.
>>
>>5577101
Speaking as someone who actually owns a recast, and not someone whose info comes from a group prone to fainting and hysterics . . .
The resin is the same resin. Same material, the texture is usually better than a cheap brand.

If you're hell-bent on getting a legit, several companies make practice heads. You can get them for $20-35 on ebay + shipping, vs a recast for $35 including shipping. I can't speak to the quality/toothiness of the practice heads, though.
>>
>>5577165
Forgot to add:
Recast heads take about 2 weeks from ordering to arrive at your door.
Legits will take 3-5 months.
>>
File: Tell me which is which.png (1 MB, 1508x706) Image search: [Google]
Tell me which is which.png
1 MB, 1508x706
>>5577088
>>5577101
>>5577165
Here are some quick comparison shots of the resin quality
>>
>>5577165
Bullshit.
It's pretty much like with legit companies: quality can vary.
Majority of recasts I handled felt like the shitty resin RS uses too, some were high quality.

>>5577088
http://www.acbjd.com/akagi-doll-event-doll-head-c-273_285.html?zenid=7e1739311fe3b0a14d137c108507a46a

Akagi sells practice heads for 25$ + shipping.
SD sized, nice resin, cheaper than some recasts.
And you can sell them easily on if you don't need them anymore.
>>
>>5577200
You're right. If you go with some no-name brand off of Taobao, quality won't be guaranteed.
I can only verify that Sweet Strawberry Milk and Steven/Luo have resin I find nicer than Soom's, in terms of doing face ups.

Still, recasts aren't the sawdust and glue crap they may have been 15 years ago.

Do the legit practice heads take as long to ship as normal legit products, or do they have a pile of them somewhere that are delivered quickly?
>>
>>5577243
I only had recasts here for comparison/verification (we had a person on our forum who sold several while claiming that they are legit, some of my friends got tricked), so I have no clue which sellers are selling the "good" ones, just that some of the heads were truly rubbish while some really were barely recognizable as recasts.
I'm firmly against them, so if you ask me they could keep on sending out the bad smelling sawdust crap.

I have honestly no clue how long they need to ship, especially since in this case you still have the dealer inbetween.
However, as far as I remember Akagi is pretty quick, at least they were back when I bought a body from them.
>>
>>5576111
I dont see the fun in these kikipops if they cant change the eyes or hair. I dont feel so bad for missing the initial release now. i can wait
>>
>>5577953
They're meant to be collectibles. Much better if you're that kind of toy hobbyist, but if you're looking for more customization with less effort, Kikipops aren't for you. Their legs also can't bend more than around 45 degrees and their hands have limited motion as well. So might be a let down if you're expecting it to move like a BJD.

Still cute as fuck though.
>>
>>5577953
The wigs are hot glued but I don't think it's THAT hard to remove them.
>>
>>5578068
Yeah, Pullips and co. also have hot glued wigs, but it doesn't take more than a few minutes of careful pulling to take it off safely.
>>
Random question, but I can't seem to get any answer from my friends. I keep coming across people in bjd groupings, never in my own area, who have recast minifees. The minifees always look alarmingly dirty, like the resin itself is disgusting colored. The people are usually well dressed or clean at least, smell fine, and have other legit dolls that look fine. But the one minifee recast always looks like they tossed it in the dirt. I cannot even begin to fathom why.
>>
>>5578068
dont sass me.
>>
>>5578279
roll back the attitude
>>
>>5578279
You haven't seen sass yet sister.
>>
>>5578329
I ain't your sister pal.
>>
File: all i ever want.jpg (105 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
all i ever want.jpg
105 KB, 600x450
>So what do you want to do with your life?
>>
>>5578375
DESU the set up this guy has going has inspired me to clean up my damn house/room so my house is as pretty as my dolls.
>>
Jesus fucking christ Kayke has gone past just talking abotu nasty shit and has straight up posted a handful of bloody mucus with a big ol "LOOK WHAT CAME OUT OF MY NOSE" post in which she also manages to bring up her period.
>>
>>5578234
Hm, maybe they treat it differently because it's a recast? Like, who cares if it gets dirty/is damaged etc., unlike the legit ones they prefer to keep pristine?
>>
>>5578422
>house
>as pretty as dolls

I've been trying to do that for the past 3 months. Spent nearly 4k on it and the house not only still looks like ass inside and out but has massive problems that maybe I'll get around to fixing up "one day". Trying to budget for dolls, cute clothing, and also house renovations is difficult and I can tell you the house is not my #1 priority.

I'd suggest picking one room that has good ambient light and focus on fixing that up and make that your doll room. It not need be your bedroom, my doll room isn't. My bedroom is currently painted a mix of primer white and "ran out of primer bare render" and odds are on it's going to stay that way for a while. You see all the really nice doll photos online? Odds are on the only super nice part of that house is where the dolls are. The rest of it can be a disaster area but it doesn't matter.

>>5578431

link plox
>>
>>5578516

Never mind, I found it.

Looks like she sneezed out a foetus. Guess she shouldn't have tried swallowing that load.
>>
>>5578524
>>5578516
> Some idiot posts photos of their nose mucus online
> A bigger idiot went out of their way and chose to go and find those pictures just to bitch about them.

Are you stupid? How on earth do you feel superior right now? You just used your own time to look for and seek out pictures of bloody snot. C'mon if you're gonna make fun of someone at least be better than them.
>>
>>5578579

what
>>
>>5578516
Oh god good luck anon. Mine isn't really damaged or having problems, it's just a chaotic mess that comes with not cleaning shit for a few months. Tackled the downstairs with a friend the other day and I can see the floor again at least. I'll note your advice though-- easier to tackle one area and make it nice and go from there instead of trying to make everything good at once.
>>
>>5578516
>>5578689
>not having a regimented cleaning schedule at home

wat r u doin?

(btw Wednesday is vacuum and clean the floor day for me)
>>
>>5578579
You're cute anon
>>
>>5578431
Merciful lord, I looked. I knew it was going to be horrible and looked anyway. HOW CAN ANYBODY SEND A PERSON LIKE THIS THEIR DOLLS TO PAINT? I feel ill just thinking about it.
>>
File: 005.jpg (184 KB, 648x2057) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
184 KB, 648x2057
why are there hardly any pics in here anymore? wayyy to much old school /cgl/ gossip going on.

if you're going to talk, talk about dolls, not doll owners. post pics!

i put this head up for sale, someone messaged me about it, from canada though i said no international sales, wanted a layaway though i said no layaways. but because i'm a push over, i agreed.

a week later they message me saying "something happened" and they can't go through with the layaway. again because i am a push over and didn't feel like dealing with bullshit i just said okay and refunded the money right then.

burns my ass, but whatever, hopefully someone else will buy the head soon.
>>
>>5578744
>why are there hardly any pics in here anymore?
I don't know about anybody else, but I rarely take pictures because I don't think I'm very good at making my dolls look nice.
>>
>>5578744
not shipping to Canada is the dumbest thing in the world. What do Americans think is going to happen?
It's not like it's being shipped overseas, and it's not going to Mexico. Shipping to Canada is safe and easy.
>>
>>5578798
i don't like to ship internationally because the only option that has tracking to canada cost $35 when if it was shipped in the US the same package would only cost $10. people tend to try to haggle down shipping prices internationally, and I just don't want to deal with it. and since you missed it, i had agreed to ship to canada since they asked and were willing to pay. if someone is really willing to double the price of something their buying because of the shipping, then i'll ship it to them, but only if they come to me and ask. i chose the no international shipping option by default, but i'll still do it if someone really wants what i'm selling and asks me.
>>
>>5578798

This so hard. Its really easy to ship to canada, just a bit more costly. But its really just a matter of asking the customer about increasing shipping, its not that difficult.

>be canadian
>yes I'm salty
>>
>>5578803
yeah i'm not AFRAID to ship to canada, it's just that i know that the shipping costs triple, and sorry but i refuse to ship without tracking for my own protection. the cheapest option to canada with tracking costs $30-$35 and that's for a small box with just one head in it. like i said, if the buyer is willing to pay that much more for something then i'll do it, no problem. i just want to avoid potential "but isnt there a cheaper option!? can you lower the shipping cost?? is it really that high??" questions. i don't like thinking i might have a sale only to tell someone how much the shipping will be and have them back out because its too much.
>>
File: 8486286789_a79116f3c3_o.jpg (597 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
8486286789_a79116f3c3_o.jpg
597 KB, 800x1200
>>5578744
I assume most don't dare to post their own dolls, they probably fear to be mocked/think they have nothing worth showing?
Mine look good and my photos are well liked, but I know people would lose their shit if they'd see me posting on 4chan.

Else you can only post pictures from others, and in a thread where usually the same people post and chat this feels a bit "meh" sometimes (too often people mistaking it for your own pictures).
>>
>Be me
>order shit from Japan
>arrives in 3 days
>order shit from Canada
>arrive in 4 weeks
>>
File: o0500075013543420213.jpg (321 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
o0500075013543420213.jpg
321 KB, 500x750
t
b
h

I stopped posting a lot of random pretty doll pics (I used to spam the thread daily) because doll.fm is ded and I lost my major source of beautiful doll pics. Now I am hoarding whats left in my folder so they don't become stale.
>>
File: modded eiji.png (574 KB, 540x807) Image search: [Google]
modded eiji.png
574 KB, 540x807
>>5578431
Kayke confirmed for next gutterface

>>5578744
Because last time I went on a picdump, some anon got buttblasted over pics that were easily found on google. Ironically, they never did a pic dump either, so whatever. I usually do post pics when I reply, but my preference is posting atrocities. I've been resorting to flavor-of-the-month DDs lately, and then someone inevitably comes in and asks if they can fuck it, so it's whatever.

>>5578800
>>5578815
This. When I pretty much sell anything (lolita or dolls) you get the international people that think a scale will fix everything. That's not really how our postal service works in America anymore. They'll jack up the prices if it's over a certain amount, yeah, but most of this stuff is light enough to not hit that limit. They put more emphasis on dimensions.
There is also extra shit you have to do when sending things far abroad, like Russia, for example. The person I sold a head to wanted registered parcel or whatever, which was okay, but I got to the post office and they couldn't accept the parcel because I didn't cover each edge of the box with brown paper tape-- which the post office didn't even sell at their supplies kiosk. It was a fucking nightmare trying to find any due to the fact that apparently nobody sends shit to Russia from bumfucknowhere, TX. I had to order it online.

But Canada? Nah, I don't mind, just don't haggle, because I want to protect my ass from paypal claims.
>>
File: tumblr_o1ozzlsIpy1rxl3o4o1_540.png (822 KB, 540x650) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1ozzlsIpy1rxl3o4o1_540.png
822 KB, 540x650
>>5578843
I snag most of mine from tumblr or flickr to keep it fresh.
>>
File: melon.jpg (265 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
melon.jpg
265 KB, 650x433
>>5578848
Best Eiji I've seen, but still maintains that derp quality to the sculpt.

It's the nose that gets me, I think. It just doesn't look right for some reason.
>>
>>5578825
Does that wig not sit flush with his head?
>>
File: tumblr_o4ibkapq1z1trtjgao2_540.jpg (131 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ibkapq1z1trtjgao2_540.jpg
131 KB, 540x810
>>5578870
I agree-- Eiji's nose probably needs a little more definition or something.
>>
>>5578879
I have a few of her wigs, some custom made and with short cuts. The sideburns usually need to be fixed with some putty for a 100% fit.
Wouldn't be surprised if she didn't make that wig for exactly this doll.

Considering that's a Bermann with a custom eclipse21 angora wig and a Steve McQueen look-a-like outfit the wig totally can be a bit wonky.
>>
File: 20150110_165110_7_bestshot.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150110_165110_7_bestshot.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
i just really want doll friends. lol. the actual hobby is watered down with a LOT of stay at home mom types/sock dress/walmart wardrobe type doll owners at local meets that i don't really feel a connection with anyone.

i want to talk about tenshi no sato visits and make group orders with someone who Gets It. pic related, it's my doll. (regardless of the fact that it's a shit shot/bad lighting, i was working w my phone at this point)
>>
$611 dollary dos shipped for a big titty smart doll. I need to bite this week before some crazy shit cooks up.
>>
File: 13989831549_2b1579bb3d_o.jpg (155 KB, 641x965) Image search: [Google]
13989831549_2b1579bb3d_o.jpg
155 KB, 641x965
>>5579197
Yeah, the hobby isn't what it used to be. Now it's a huge joke of a popularity contest. I took a break for almost a year, came back, and my dollfriends had quit and moved on. Sucks, yo. I don't have a local community, so I don't have that much interaction, but I make it a point to go to doll panels at anime cons and whatnot to see other dolls in person. Many of the people there are as you described, but eh, I'm not around them enough to care.

>>5579207
Which one did you end up getting?
>>
>>5579242
Gonna get Kizuna.
>>
>>5578510
Even if the doll cost "only" $150 instead of ~$400 why would you want it all dirty though? Like I don't let my Pullips or Figmas get dirty even though they're below that price range. Just seems pretty lazy. (I'm not the original poster, but I've seen grungy-looking photos of recast MNFs more often than similarly disgusting legits.)
>>
>>5578579
We're aware of it bc this person is big in the doll community...and because drama is interesting.

Oh wait you're probably her bc she used to come on here all the time and stopped posting when we stopped coddling her. Hello kayke, how are you enjoying being faux-progressive these days while also being responsible for most of the nigger meme that used to plague these boards.
>>
>>5579197
The Volks fan community seems pretty tight knit and classy desu (the people who frequent the larger Volks doll general on DoA and also generally comment on another pics on Flickr/hang out at the rare US Dolpas/etc) and are also pleasantly snarky sometimes go make friends with em.
>>
Do the Picco Neemo D bodies have the same fragile wrist issues as the S ones?
>>
>>5579423
No. Their hands have a hard plastic ball-shaped joint so they don't shear off like the S body hands.
>>
>>5579398
I agree, but I've read several times now how people get a recast because they want to do things with it they can't do with a legit/because they can treat it with less worries.
Honestly makes me ask myself what the hell they want to do and how "treating something with the most basic safety" can be so much of a burden to them.
BJDs are not exactly hard to take care off.
Just don't have grimy hands, keep them out of the sun and don't bash them on the ground.

>>5578850
Same here, mostly Flickr. But I also mostly post male BJDs, they tend to be customized more interestingly (compared to the more tame females or downright boring DDs), which isn't that>

>5579197
Is that a Scarface Reisner?
I agree with the other anon, stick to the other Volks collectors, they tend to still put in more care and money into their dolls, and most of the great Asian FU artists love them.
interesting for most people here.
>>
>>5579493
Fucked up the formatting somehow, I"nteresting for most people" was supposed to be at the end of the second reply
>>
File: cat.png (199 KB, 427x418) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
199 KB, 427x418
>mfw I come to these threads just to read drama
>mfw I'm not even into BJD dolls
>>
File: 20151124094308m.jpg (87 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
20151124094308m.jpg
87 KB, 270x270
How long does it take registered shipping to get from South Korea to America? I ordered some clothes from Nine9 Style but it wasn't enough to warrant paying $20 for EMS and now I'm worried it will take forever to get here.
>>
>>5579506
>BJD dolls
>ball jointed doll dolls
Anon...

Joking aside, that's how I started as well. Then I saw an Iplehouse doll and decided I wanted one and it fit in my budget, so why not? Now I have five dolls with two more on the way. It's a slippery slope.
>>
Has anyone bought the fullset of Ringdoll's Mai? I wasn't too big on getting a doll but after seeing her general aesthetic, I'm saving up for her to be my first.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 618x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 618x696
lel
>>
>>5579757
id like to know where these identity crises are coming from. id like to think im just getting old buti keep meeting other early 20s people saying similar things
>>
>>5579769
I can kinda get the thought process behind it because a couple of my friends and I went through a weird otherkin/headmates phase... when we were 12.

What I don't understand his how older people, who really should know better, don't eventually grow out of this shit. Is it just because of how tumblr coddles everyone no matter how stupid they're being?

And really, you're a doll? A non-sentient, inanimate object? How does the brain even rationalize that.
>>
>>5579769
>>5579788
At this point I'm convinced there must be something in the water.
>>
File: 1422173388556.png (56 KB, 275x281) Image search: [Google]
1422173388556.png
56 KB, 275x281
>>5579590

I hope I dont fall down this slippery slope, I have two many expensive hobbies...

I dont really like BJD style but I actually really like the smaller dolls like KIKIPOP.
>>
>>5579757
She's a Revoltech lel
>>
>>5579506
It's cool. We feed off drama when there's nothing else to talk about.

>>5579526
That's a good question. I usually spring for the EMS or get smaller items through group orders that often have goals of reaching a certain amount for free EMS. I do often do my own order on MakoEyes and spring for cheapest shipping for whatever reason and it arrives 1-2 weeks after the shipping notification.

>>5579694
No, but she is so fucking adorable in person. You won't regret it. She's on my wishlist sorta.

>>5579965
ngl, I giggled.

>>5579912
A lot of slippery slope stuff is buying clothes, eyes, accessories and whatnot for the doll. I have a few unfinished dolls right now, but I'll shop and go, "this outfit is perfect for ___" and then turn around and go, "damn, look at all these outfits." I'm going through that crisis right now with eyes. I need to stop buying eyes. It's gotten to the point of where I've put urethanes in my ABS dolls.

If you really want a Kikipop, right now would be a great time to grab one while she's on sale. I don't think the resale value on her is horrible if she doesn't meet your expectations.
>>
>>5579197
I'd be up for doing /doll/friend like how /cgl/ does on occasion. Most of the doll community here is slim msds in soft grunge, no one else seems to have any interest in limiteds, fullsets, vinyls, or anything more complicated to shop for than sweaters and tights from Etsy.
>>
>>5579423
Their wrist is more similar to the Obitsu wrists in material and thickness.
>>
>>5579757
Ok two things: one, what does a dollkin do? Like wolf-kin and cat-kin, they act like animals, kind of logical in its own way. Flower/plant kin (which is a thing I guess?) are all nature connected and shit. But what would a dollkin even do? Just wear wigs and sit there?
Two, again catkin/wolfkin collect a ton of related stuff, and seem to usually have pet cats or wolf-like dogs or at least express interest in adopting some. This is like the fourth time I've seen someone claim to be dollkin and the extent of it seems to be reblogging doll pics, no actual interest in getting a doll or even any recognition of companies or how the dolls themselves work.
>>
>>5580194
Oh anon, of course they pop their joints all day.
>>
Judging from prior posts now and then some of you know about this stuff, so...is the yen likely to drop or rise anytime soon? Wondering if I should grab the thing I want off Mandy now or if the rate might get really good again.

>>5580194
I guess they just visualize themselves as a doll, maybe wear those tights with joints on them? It seems harmless, just..also really annoying. I need these people to not tag their posts as #bjd.

>>5580186
Didn't someone make a /bjd/ discord? (Not the tumblr one, I feel like someone here set one up a while back.) Where did the link for that go?
Yeah, I don't care for pastel grunge MNFs either, more of a Volks and occasional Elfdoll/Iple-type realism person with a healthy fondness for classics like anon's scarface Cecile there.

>>5580053
>I'll shop and go, "this outfit is perfect for ___" and then turn around and go, "damn, look at all these outfits."
Jesus christ me too it's horrible (especially after 8yrs of this...I am running out of places to put it.)
>>
>>5580249
oh wait that's a Reisner (I guess he did an overly good job resembling Cecile then, congrats Reisner)
er, having a healthy fondness doesn't preclude being too dumb to tell em apart sometimes sorry
>>
>>5580249
I could only ever find the tumblr one and it didn't seem very active. The only /bjd/ thing I'm aware of is the slow going skype group.
>>
>>5580194
Even the animal or plantkin don't really behave like the thing they claim to be.

None of them give up all the perks that come with being a human (you know, like using a fucking computer to post their otherkin bullshit), most of them just constantly talk how it's like to be thing X and dig out stuff they totes do because they are thing X.
Not to mention that they of course are always cool animals, never boring or downright ugly ones.
Fuck, there are even fictionkin who claim they are a character, some of them even get mad when there is another person who claims to be the same character.
I still remember very well this one girl who thought she is Sander Cohen from Bioshock.

Most of the Dollkins are just average to kinda pretty looking girls who got told too often that they are "so pretty, like a doll".
All they see in dolls are flawless, pretty things that are spoiled by their owners, something they aspire to be.
Creatures who are pretty, spoiled and don't have to think and talk for themselves.
And of course a lot of them are BJDs because right now they are THE type of doll people think of when they think about "life-like but still doll-ish, expensive, spoiled dolls" and at least to them they are still heavily connected to Lolitas.
Like with the animals, why be a boring Barbie if you can be an exotic and expensive BJD?

It's pretty obvious though that most of them have zero clue what a BJD really is, yet alone own one.
>>
>>5580249
>is the yen likely to drop or rise anytime soon?

It will drop like a rock, trust me. It's artificially high right now. We will be back in the 118-123 range by summer.
>>
>>5579400
I read this as "codding" her, which I could only assume was throwing fish at her. Like a fucking walrus that won't leave a beach because humans have been feeding them.
>>
>>5579493
I think most people get them to try face ups, mods, etc. that they'd be afraid to do on a $400 doll.
They may end up not getting around to the face up/mod, so they get treated like a constant "in progress". No face up/blushing to chip, so you don't worry as much about handling it. You see it with ResinSouls, too.
>>
File: o0800105313468735625.jpg (722 KB, 800x1053) Image search: [Google]
o0800105313468735625.jpg
722 KB, 800x1053
>>5579400
On the off chance that >>5578579 is Kayke I would like to take the opportunity to call Kayke both a nigger AND a faggot
>>
>>5580445
Totes looking forward to this.
>>
>>5580305
Wouldn't a dollkin owning a BJD be slavery?
>>
>>5580186
/doll/friend? yeah, i live near the dmv area and only at big meets like the cherry blossom festival or at cons are there anyone who has gorgeous dolls that aren't minifees/soft grunge etsy SD-types. everywhere else is like the type described in my initial post. it feels shitty to feel like some sort of 'elitist' or whatever, but i'm mentally stuck in the 2007-2009 BJD mindset, when everyones dolls were well-taken care of because the only people who knew about the hobby were into niche stuff already.

somewhere between then and now the hobby exploded.. i remember my first order from soom taking 7 days from placing order to it arriving at my door. apparently the standard wait from any company now is several months. things are so much different.
>>
>>5580966
Not the anon you're responding to, but when you say DMV, do you mean DC/MD/VA?
>>
>>5580966
>>5580983
If so, Delmarva is a way cuter name than "DMV"
>>
>>5580305
>All they see in dolls are flawless, pretty things that are spoiled by their owners, something they aspire to be.
That sounds a lot like doll fetishism, which I kind of wonder, if these girls found out about that would that make them happier or make them angry that their 'identity' is being fetishized?
>>
>>5580966
I'm in the PNW, and I fully endorse a /toy/ meet at the next Expo in May if anyone else is going.
>>
>>5580983
>>5581085
yeah! and same
>>
>>5580305
I recall some shitty reality show that did a story on this girl who would dress in lolita and call herself a doll. She might have had a BJD but the show focused on her going to a job interview in Lolita clothing and being a general brat.
>>
>>5580966
what? long wait times were standard in ~ 2008...i think you just got lucky with that soom order
>>
>>5581484
Nah, I remember that. It was some "my unnatural obsession" type show. She was a Lolita, though. Unrelated to actually being a doll. The problem was how she used certain phrases that pop up in that community, and thus how it was edited. Reports from the locals around her is that she was creepy anyway, but not for ~wanting to be a doll~. More like wanting to be a lifestyle lolita.
>>
>>5580194
>>5580305
At the risk of being mocked on an annonymous thai noodle enthusiast picture plank, I'm actually sort of a kin

Except that I understand that I am also literally a human, like, humans are animals too and have their own needs and behaviors and instincts and requirements. My attachment to my particular animal (~semi exotic in that they aren't commonly known in the 'civilezed' world but actually seen as kinda shitty pests) is mostly a philosophical thing in that their behaviors and tendencies make a nice shorthand for my personality traits. Mostly just a thing for my friends and fellow furfags to joke about, despite having some spiritual meaning/attachment.

That said, a lot of people who get into otherkin stuff are quite simply delusional, and while that's not /always/ a bad thing because coping mechanisms, a lot of people really take it too far and worse demand people outside of any frame of reasonable understanding cater to them.

And thus in conclusion, i'm pretty sure these dollkin are just fetishists who want a daddy dom or some gross shit like that to hamfist them and buy them shit.

Kinda like the story of Anailaigh on ED
>>
>>5581948
> annonymous thai noodle enthusiast picture plank

I'm...kin too. But what you just said it pretty dead on. Plus.
I know I'm human. But imagining myself as something exotic, amazing, and inhuman helps a lot. I just remind myself "This can't bother me, it wouldn't bother a fox." And just kind of roll on my way. It doesn't do much in the overall sense, but since I'm still fighting shitty doctors to DO something instead of just talking, I have to do what I can, I guess.
I've never met a dollkin that made any sense. My new favorite (not) is witchkin, like witches aren't...human people who exist.
>>
>>5580542
>>5579400
It's not, but internet gonna call samefag because it's what internet does. I wasn't gonna respond but I didn't want you to get your hopes up thinking you'd insulted the right person. Live your dreams anon, one day you will!

>>5581197
That would be priceless.
>>
>>5580540
I know, most of them NEVER attempt this super risky mod/face-up though, which makes me think it's just another lame excuse.
Why not get the RS instead if they want a cheap "play" doll? Because they want that MNF or Soom.
All excuses.
Not to mention that as long as you read the damn tutorials/use the correct materials there is no face-up too risky for a legit, and if you are afraid to destroy a doll/not being able to pull off a mod get a cheap head for tries or ask people who know what they are doing.

>>5580752
Hm, there are dogkin who have dogs, I assume to them it's more like "companionship"?

>>5581197
I'm pretty sure that most of them don't really treat it as an identity, but as a way to justify their looks/aesthetic and to fish for compliments.
Like said, most of the time they have zero clue about their kin type.
That's like a dogkin claiming to be a, well, dog while all they know about dogs comes from looking at a few staged photos.

Agreeing with that one Otherkin anon, I bet most of them have heavy daddy issues and just want to be spoiled little princess, while claiming they are pure and pretty 'dolls'.

>>5581948
>>5582003
As aggressive as I might sound re: Otherkin, I'm mostly cool with people doing their thing.
I don't understand it, but as long as you keep that mostly to yourself and don't do weird shit, offline or online, it's fine.

A lot of Otherkin people are still crazy and, most likely, just trying to be a special snowflake.
>>
>>5582035
>but as long as you keep that mostly to yourself and don't do weird shit, offline or online, it's fine.

I mostly run an aesthetic blog to placate any weird need to start posting about being kin. It seems to work. I don't want to talk about it much online at all- not when it's a coping mechanism and I don't feel like I need to validate myself to any shitty anti-kin morons running amok on tumblr, intent on yelling YOU'RE A HUMAN!!!! all over any post made. No duh, you bunch of assholes. The entire idea that repeatedly shouting that at a bunch of people that 1) know it already, or 2) are literally suffering from delusions just overall seems like they're trying to make themselves into some amazing person desu.
>>
>>5582037
well yeah, belligerent people like that are pretty stupid, but they exist everywhere and for anything.

not like im saying anything you don't know, but it's best to just ignore them entirely, nee-san. those people are just as delusional as they think you are.
>>
>>5581085
I thought Delmarva refered to Delaware/MD/VA? (ie, people outside the beltway, VA Beach & up the coast/ROVA and the outlands)
>>
File: 2spookymadsdoll.jpg (72 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
2spookymadsdoll.jpg
72 KB, 640x640
what the FUCK is going on in this thread?

> mfw tumblr had invaded
>>
>>5582204
>what the FUCK is going on in this thread?

Once in a while this just happens.

Also fuck do I love Granado, am glad I was able to send in my pictures for the contest.
Chinese company who doesn't suck.
>>
>>5582198
Delware and DC are so tiny it's all basically the same.
>>
>>5582246
Culturally DC and DE are massively different, and very few people would be willing to go from one to the other for a semi-regular meet, even if it were right next to the Amtrak station.
>>
>>5582298
I am not talking about the cultural differences between DC and DE, please stop projecting.
>>
>>5580186
>Most of the doll community here is slim msds in soft grunge
similar here but a lot more SDs... there really arent a lot of fairyland owners in my group though which is a shock.
>>
File: DSC_0009_02.jpg (499 KB, 1620x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009_02.jpg
499 KB, 1620x1080
I went to a HATSUNE MIKU EXPO 2016.

very happy to be able to see MIKU really up close.
>>
>>5582367
I didn't think I was projecting, I was just saying it might be hard to get a meet up that included those two groups. On the other hand, it mgight be a tiny community, or I could be going off on a tangent and misinterpreting the intent. Perhaps a single doll friend would be willing to go meet across that distance.

Anyways, have the apologies of a awkward anon who is besieged by cherry blossom allergies.
>>
File: 003.jpg (279 KB, 749x2220) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
279 KB, 749x2220
still plugging away at my elfdoll sooah boy. i know he's going to look tumblr fag as fuck but i don't care. finished his ear gauges today (gonna paint them black when i do his faceup) and got his wig cap ready for gluing. basically just waiting on his body now so i can sand off the tits and blush the head to match it.
>>
>>5581205
I'll be there but I mostly lurk
>>
>>5582298
i don't think anyone is proposing DE people go all the way to DC for a meet or anything, just saying DMV and Delmarva are pretty much the same region. I mean...they overlap, that's undeniable.

>>5582561
Your posts are always so classy and envy-enducing and I don't even a DD.
>>
It's the first time I see this thing and I must say I am both weirded out and amused. Nice dolls you have there.
>>
File: DD 16Jan16.jpg (132 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
DD 16Jan16.jpg
132 KB, 747x1328
>>5582977
t-thanks.
>>
File: CehIDkvWIAAhPC-.jpg (204 KB, 1024x1533) Image search: [Google]
CehIDkvWIAAhPC-.jpg
204 KB, 1024x1533
chitose sure is cute. i feel like i'm being drawn to the dark side
>>
File: oct5-17.jpg (40 KB, 454x500) Image search: [Google]
oct5-17.jpg
40 KB, 454x500
I'm looking for examples of how to make a doll look older with a faceup. Searching the usual sources has turned up dolls that look 17, or dolls that look 17 stuck in 1987.
Or pick related. I don't know how to describe that.
I'm not looking for the whole, "eternal vampire/elf/dragon who is 300/600/1300 but looks 20". I want to make a semi-realistic (think Minifee, rather than Doll Chateau) doll that looks mid thirties or so. Gracefully aging, like the Madonna.

Any suggestions, anons?
>>
File: 13129371585_19ebb35e51_h.jpg (463 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
13129371585_19ebb35e51_h.jpg
463 KB, 1200x1600
>>5583039
I'm not sure I can properly gauge what your looking for since you called Minifees 'Semi-Realistic' when they're on the opposite side of the realism spectrum to me, but did you mean like, a faceup with mild frown lines and such?
>>
>>5583073
Ohhh, yes, those eyes are what I'm going for. I'm thinking eyes that show age instead of a bunch of crows feet and wrinkles, which are so hard to do right.

I meant more realistic proportions than an Constantine/Doll Chateau, while still retaining a stylized look. IDK, a minifee or similar slim mini that can be painted to look older. I'm concerned the chubby cheeks might be impossible to overcome, though.
>>
>>5583082
Is it the mini size that's drawing you in? Because there's some more fashion-doll styled ones in that size range (like the Dollmore and Chiclines, and I think there's Dollshes that size?) that are designed to be about age 21 and would probably take being gracefully aged better than a chubby cheeked minifee. Honestly a major hurdle with most slim msds is the head to body ratio, since humans are hard-wired to see big head = cute and childlike, so going to the fashion doll spectrum of proportions helps.
>>
>>5583039
>semi-realistic
>Minifee

What.

Seconding the other anons, try to go for the slim minis with more realistic heads (like Souldoll Vito).
The easiest to get this "aged" look is, when the head already has enough structure.
That means cheekbones, defined eyelids and bags and so on, no puffy round heads that look all polished and/or lack details.
With such a base it's easier to apply blushing and lines at the right places for a more aged look.

Best way is to first blush everything, afterwards add very light lines.
Give these lines a bit more depth with a tad darker blushing underneath them and you are good to go.
>>
File: stylizedaging.png (101 KB, 215x301) Image search: [Google]
stylizedaging.png
101 KB, 215x301
>>5583522
>>5583770
I'm drawn to the mini size because it would fit with the rest of my collection. I'm open to getting a thicker body, but I'm leaning towards Minifee head because I have a littlefee and a pukifee that would fit with her. It's harder to get the familial look with a sculpt that doesn't look related.

I'm wondering if I can do a stylized aging effect, where I shade the eyes/brows and do some undereye shade/highlighting to give the appearance of bags.

Pic Related: a hybrid of these two is what I mean by stylized aging with round cheeks.
>>
File: eden-mod1sm.jpg (40 KB, 400x441) Image search: [Google]
eden-mod1sm.jpg
40 KB, 400x441
>>5583082
How much older are we talking? Here's a very skillfully aged faceup by armeleia. I think Onionbulb has done a couple with just aged "eyes" like the pic you posted if you only really care about eyebags and not the rest of the wrinkleyness.
>>
>>5583987
I'm thinking late-30's. No carving or modding the cheeks.

Do you have a link to Onionbulb? Googling keeps turning up tor browsers.
>>
>>5584009
https://www.flickr.com/photos/94706054@N05/
>>
Finally paid for Smart Doll Kizuna, too bad PayPal exchange rates are crap.
Now to pray she doesn't arrive on a Saturday.
>>
>>5582561
I love how artfully you've hidden her joints. I get some kind of special satisfaction from that.

>>5583007
Something about her looks off. Like, the character designs for her are adorable. I like the eyes on the doll, but everything else just doesn't look right.
>>
>>5584505
She has no definition of depth in her face. It's a problem with all of Choo's sculpts and the reason I probably will never buy a smart doll, despite how cute Chitose looks.

I have one of the more mundane DD sculpts, and despite that you can tell that there is a much higher level of sculpting skill involved there with the depth of the eyes, the protrusion of the cheeks/mouth area/brow, and much more definition in the small anime nose, providing a natural shadow at every angle.
>>
>>5584528

Choo subscribes pretty heavily to the formless ultra generic 'moe blob' aesthetic that Otaku jerk it to right now. The volks sculpts still have skull underneath their anime faces if that make any sense.

>>5583770

Kind of a tangent here but fuck people who think minifee are the epitome of realistic bjd. Everyone in my meet up group has minifee and won't shut up about how much more 'realistic' they are than iplehouse who's dolls heads are 'too small'

Like bitches are you fucking high minifee have huge ass heads and eyes and the proportions are stylised as shit.
>>
>>5583039
look for heads with smaller eyes too, they look less youthful and anime
>>
>>5583007
I feel like theres just a little too much space between her nose and mouth. Like a baby with FAS.
>>
>>5585152

i bet you're fun at parties
>>
>>5585174
Sorry for having an opinion? She's a cute doll, I just think shes bit funny looking.
>>
Contemplating getting a BJD...

But sorry all the adult/teen ones are creepy as fuck..and why're they all so big?

Are there any chibi BJD that are like..5 inches?

I want something cute and tiny!
>>
>>5585331
Fairyland Pukifee maybe? They're pretty tiny. Never owned one though, so unfortunately theres not much else I can tell you.
>>
>>5585331
Seconding other anon-- check out Pukifee, Pukipuki, or Realpuki. Yeah, they have a $200+ pricetag, but the engineering for something that small is pretty impressive.

On the flip side, it's not technically a bjd, but you can go for a Picco Neemo. My package of Picco and Pure Neemo bodies has been stuck in Los Angeles customs since March 25. So much for getting them quickly through EMS. I was going to try and hybrid them with Obitsus and other dolls to see what would work. I know an anon from the last thread showed how skintone batches may vary, so this'll be interesting.
>>
>>5585331
Maybe a Kikipop would be more up your alley?
Else I also suggest a Pure Neemo/Picco Neemo or one of the cute child-like dolls like Pukifee.

Else, here have a list of BJD companies:
http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

The mentioned Pukifees and the like can be bought here:
http://dollfairyland.com/index.php
>>
>>5585331
pukifee, realpuki, and pukipuki are by fairyland. also consider luts tiny delf and honey delf, and latidoll yellow (but only on the secondhand market because they legitimately take 6 months or more to ship dolls out.)
>>
>>5585678
>>5585683

BTW I'm a BJD virgin

I've been a collector of "Those Who Shall Not Be Said" pretty much my whole life(#GenWinner), and now Zelfs( I'm always the person that posts the Zelfs threads and always get accused of it being a marketing scheme e_e )..which led to collecting actual dolls..(strange progression huh? horse dolls to fairy/troll/goblin dolls to..actual dolls)..Babs, MH, EAH, DC, Skankz(just for some of their cute outfits don't judge me ok when u find that shit on cheap clearance..I literally only have 2), MC2, Pinkie, you get the jist(not Descendants, they're trash and I have hard feelings against Hasbro right now)..

Anyways!

It says comes with random eye color..

And since I DO want to be a wierd BJD person, I want her to be "born" with whatever eye color she's given..

How often do you get ugly colors like orange?
>>
>>5585748
>It says comes with random eye color..

Which one?

It highly depends, when I received eyes with mine they were usually fugly acrylic eyes in brown, blue, green or gray.
Colors like orange, purple and pink are more rare.

But honestly, except for a few rare cases the included eyes are usually ugly af.
Ditch the weird BJD person-persona and get your doll some proper eyes after it has arrived.
Eyes are super important for BJDs.
>>
>>5585748
>strange progression
I started with Novi Stars and ended up in BJD hell, featuring an absurd number of Monster High dolls in the process.

>random eye color
Is there a particular doll/company you're looking at?
>>
File: IMG_0378.jpg (3 MB, 3096x1812) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0378.jpg
3 MB, 3096x1812
I can't sell this on ebay because swastikas so I thought I'd ask here.

I have a 1/6 Nazi officer uniform I bought a couple years back. I ended up never using it since I got out of 1/6 shortly after. Includes jacket, pants, hat, belt, boots, pistol (Luger?), holster, iron cross medal, and two red armbands.

Would anyone in the US be interested in buying? I paid about $80 originally so I think $50 would be fair, but I'll take offers. Email's in the name field.
>>
>>5585884

I intended to collect those but their arms pushed me away lol

Oh and one of those random links up there..:0
>>
>>5585906
How big is 1/6? 80$ just for clothes jeez this market must be lucrative as fuck.
>>
>>5585909
Aesthetically, I love Novis. Their engineering however is absolute shit. Their arms push EVERYONE away.

Asking about the company/doll because some of us might know consistencies in regards to the "random" eye situation. Like if a company uses acrylics or glass, and whether they're usually blue or what.
>>
>>5585919
Go shitpost in your transformers thread or something, retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x1136
Interested in something like this but less ugly??

I like the articulation and the size. But that face is ugg

What size eyeballs??
>>
>>5585999

Actually that actually might be too big..I want something tiny and adorable, but not a pet..
>>
>>5585999
16cm is pretty small. Others I think suggested Pukifee and pukipuki (fairyland), Withdoll also has some pretty cute 16cm dolls. Luts has Tiny Delfs.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 640x1136
>>5586020

I simultaneously love and hate you this one is adorable
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 640x1136
Maybe this one..

If I got the "white" option in body color how white will she be?

Is it wierd I've already picked a name..?
>>
>>5586034

Oh and if I get white and no body blushing will she look freakish??

Also..

Do they just give them a default face up?

I feel like with an all white doll shed need a really light face up and I feel like the default would be too dark
>>
>>5585906

why did you even buy this in the first place?
>>
>>5586025
Hahaha you're welcome!

>>5586034
http://doll.luts.co.kr/thumbnail/Skin.jpg Here's their color chart.

And no, it's not weird!

>>5586041
If you pay for the default faceup, you get what the pictures show. I'm not a huge fan of their faceups, honestly, they're too dark for me. There's lots of hobbyists that do faceups though.

I don't get body blushing on any of my dolls and I think they look fine. It's a matter of preference, though body blushing DOES rub off so it depends on how much you really want it.
>>
>>5586051

You're like super awesome! :0

Thank you!

I think I'm going to go for a really simple face up and will probably do it myself, thinking of just glossing the lips and maybe adding ultra fine glitter..

Not sure if I can do the eyes though..

Not onto the subject of wigs...

How hard are they to find?

I want a pastel two toned wig
>>
>>5586094

I can't find anything but besides eBay and honestly the fandom scares me most of the time

Like most fandoms
>>
>>5586094
Happy to help!

Ehh honestly I would advise paying someone to do the faceup unless doing your own really appeals to you. It's kind of an investment to start doing faceups since you need to buy sealant and some other supplies. Also for the glitter, you probably want pearl powder.

Wigs are everywhere. For what you're looking for, try Luts again and Licht BJD. If you do find a wig on Licht you like, post here again. I have to go through jeeryama on ebay to buy Licht wigs because Licht's site is such shit. Leekeworld too maybe? I'm not a fan of Leeke's wigs but Licht is pretty nice and Luts are great. Monique wigs are nice, but I don't think they have any pastel ones really.
>>
File: fairyland_pukipuki_pongpong01.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fairyland_pukipuki_pongpong01.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>5585999
Look up the puki puki dolls. I really like the puki puki pong pong. hope this helps, anon.
>>
>>5586176

Like the articulation!

That head frightens me though..
>>
>>5586147

Thanks for the tip, and I totally will!
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 640x1136
Oh this one is adorable. But I don't want elf ears :/
>>
File: posefest.jpg (318 KB, 788x864) Image search: [Google]
posefest.jpg
318 KB, 788x864
>>5586041
unless you choose the drop down menu to have the face painted (it costs extra) then the doll will come blank. if you chose for it to be painted, then yes it will be the default paint job shown in the sales pics.

i have a tiny delf, and two tiny delf hybrids. their bodies are quite poseable and there are TONS of clothes available. veeery cute clothes, you just have to search "lati yellow" size on etsy. Pukifee, Lati Yellow and Tiny Delf are all the same size so they can all wear the same stuff.

pic related is my tiny delf in various poses
>>
I've been considering buying a tiny delf as well. I'm happy I came to this thread today! Thanks, anons.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 600x902
This baby is too precious I can't handle it. Does anyone have her?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 600x902
Her makeup is amazing *-*
>>
>>5586286
that's a pukipuki cupid, right? i don't know anyone that has that fullset, but i do want to mention since you said you didn't like elf ears, that all pukifee and pukipuki dolls have pointed ears. i don't know if that makes or breaks your enjoyment of them, but i figured you should be warned so you aren't surprised if you buy one and open it to discover the elf ears.
>>
>>5586048
My guess is that like a lot of 1/6 guys anon likes putting his 'figures' (well, WE know they're dolls...) in military/WWII stuff and wanted to make a Nazi baddy.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x1136
>>5586412

Ohh!

I thought this one had regular ears? :/

Also..how long do they usually stay up?
Like how much time do I have to purchase one I want? Do they typically set out quickly?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 270x270
Can you dye white wigs? This one is perfect but I want it two toned of baby pink/mint..not sure how I'd go about that either..
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 640x1136
Are these eyes creepy or cute??
>>
File: pukiplates.jpg (42 KB, 736x393) Image search: [Google]
pukiplates.jpg
42 KB, 736x393
>>5586488
most Pukis have a very slight point to the ears, including Cupid.
If you want a basic one I think you can buy it any time. If something's only available for a limited time it will say so somewhere on the page.
>>
>>5586502
I think you should just look for a two toned wig, they do make those (I just googled "blue and pink BJD wig" and grabbed the first one with twin tails, but if you're after a specific style just need to look, and maybe style it with some heat.)

You can dye them but it seems like a hassle when someone's probably made more or less what you're looking for.
>>
>>5586502
the problem with pukipuki dolls is that they are very small and its hard to find wigs for them. i don't think you can dye synthetic wigs, but you might be able to use powdered wig tint on it, some places sell it, like lichtbjd.com basically you use hairspray and then coat the hair with the powdered tint and then use hairspray to set it.
>>
File: gt_vanille_arrivo_03.jpg (60 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
gt_vanille_arrivo_03.jpg
60 KB, 400x268
>>5586219
Yeah, PongPong's demented as fuck. One of the locals has a Pong. I like Cupid1 a lot. I ordered a Pipi as soon as they they released the line, but had to sell her a few months afterward. She was so much fun to play with. I have a LittleFee now, and honestly she's one of my favorite dolls. She's probably one of my cheapest dolls too. Funny how that works.

>>5586230
Huh. That's pretty rad. I'll have to check out the Tiny Delf some day if someone at a meet gets one.

>>5586562
Yeah, it was difficult finding wigs for the pukis. I bought a couple of mohair wigs from tinybear or whoever and they were not cooperative at all. I have the same problem keeping wigs on my Parabox head too, but it's gotten to the point of where I just use a fancy rubber band to fashion her a headband to keep it on instead of my other option of gluing or finding another creative way of getting it to adhere to her head. Anon may try to look for 1/6 Obitsu-sized wigs.
>>
>>5586643
I have found that wigs made for 1/6 fashion dolls also often fit if you want something outside the realm of kawaii baby hair. And yeah mohair is often hard to get to fit right. I've made a few for mine, and the thing that really makes them fit is to boil-fit the cap. Its tricky and must be done fast and you will probably scald your fingers but it results in a perfectly fitted hard capped wig molded to your doll's head.
>>
>>5586643

Yea this is the one thing I think I'm not going to be crazy about BJD is using wigs..

Are they like regular wigs? Or have a plastic cap..?

Sticky tack would help holding them in place wouldn't it?
>>
>>5586710

How's it tricky?
>>
I honestly wish Soom would just. Stop beating the rotten horse corpse.

http://dollsoom.com/eng/shop/item.php?it_id=1459159190

I just kept scrolling and just kept cringing.

Their dolls just keep getting closer and closer to the cheap and shitty Chinese BJD aesthetic and it is killing me.

If I wanted an Impldoll head on the washboard abs monster version of the Resinsoul 70cm body, I'd have gotten it by now, Soom. And I wouldn't have paid 700+ bucks for it.
>>
>>5586810
Didn't they have a 90% change of staff or something? I feel like whoever was originally in charge of designing the dolls has long since moved on and the current staff is just people trying to mimick past successes based on surface-level aesthetic imitation...like Jumpstart's takeover of Neopets or something.
>>
>>5586748
Well first you have to prep the doll head, tightly stretch cling wrap over the head and body so it won't get wet. Must be especially smooth over the head, obviously. Then boil some water and carefully dip the wig cap into the water, not the whole wig but just the cap, for just ten seconds or so. Then very quickly take it out and stretch it over the dolls head in the right alignment, meaning front exactly where the front needs to be. Needs to be stretched tightly. Might need to be held in place while drying, best way to do so is to cut a section from a nylon or thin tights and stretch it smoothly over and then fasten with a rubber band or something around the neck. Needs to be able to air out. The whole process needs to go very quickly for good results, which is what makes it tricky. Boil it too long and the cap will shrink too much, take too long to get it on the head and it can get sticky, start to harden, or just not be able to stretch right. Don't get it lined up right, and you can't really just scoot it around the head since they're rarely perfectly round. Also like I said, since you're pressing the wig on immediately after its been boiled you're at high risk for burnt fingertips.

>>5586746
They're usually soft fabric caps, like real wigs. I really really would suggest not using sticky tack because it will get into your wig's cap and fibers and get really gross and messy. Usually people use a tiny bit of the softer type of velcro, one half stuck to the wig cap and the other to the head, or they get a separate silicone wig cap which just gives the wig something to grip to.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 640x1136
Ok size comparison awesome!

So the bigger ones are PukiFeé and the little ones are PukiPuki? :D

Made deciding a whole lot easier
>>
File: comp.jpg (13 KB, 159x240) Image search: [Google]
comp.jpg
13 KB, 159x240
>>5586862
Yep. 15cm versus 10cm i think.
Here's another pic (the biggest one is the 25cm Littlefee)
>>
>>5586034
Hey I have dorothy! She's adorable!!
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x1136
>>5586893

Well..I decided on PukiPuki since I like that size best, and besides they fit Kelly clothes and shoes so way more options!

This is the one I think I'm interested in..but is it a boy? I'd prefer a girl
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 640x1136
I'm so dense I didn't notice they had a Cupid sculpt in PukiPuki..I think I'll have to grab that one..again..does it have a willy whacker?
>>
>>5586502
>>5586542
and all your other posts, calm down a bit and first do more research.

Now some general tips, some were mentioned by the other anons already:
- BJD wigs are like human wigs
That means you have a soft cap that is pulled on the head.
That also means you can dye them the same way, however, with BJDs you risk to stain the doll/to rub everything off on it.
This is especially true if you try the ink marker dye method.
The mentioned pastel powder method is work heavy, and you need to be careful with the hairspray, else you end with a stiff and blotchy wig.
Also, curly wigs tend to get super messy.

- Nobody can tell you whether something is cute, creepy or whatever.
Pick what you enjoy, if you are unsure search for owner pictures on Flickr and co.
If I type in "colored pupil bjd" I quickly find pictures of such eyes in action.
FYI, they usually look blind, maybe dreamy.

- Small size, less options
The doll size you picked is not very popular, there are only a few models/companies who make them, yet alone offer wigs/clothes/shoes for them.
With small sizes you are often stuck with girls (since you rarely get male clothes for them), super simple clothes and wigs.
The best way to get well made pieces for them is to stick with the things the companies, like LUTS, offer.
LUTS has actually a shitton of stuff for their Tiny Delfs, and everything is high quality.

- Wait times vary, but assume "long"
Lati takes a shitton of time, if you are unlucky up to a year.
If you buy them second-hand be prepared to pay a hefty fee, since people know others are willing to pay more just to ditch the wait time.

Luts is pretty fast-ish, but you still should assume one to two months.

Fairyland highly depends on their current workload, if there's an event (like 80% of the fucking time), skincolor you picked and so on.
Quality with their dolls varies, same for the full-set pieces.
Can be everything from two to six or more months.
>>
>>5586926
Adding:

- White skin can be an ungrateful mistress
Next to the yellowing issue (the doll won't stay wait forever...or even long) it's hard to paint them.
To off-set the hard white base you usually need to carefully blush quite a lot, and even then a lot of face-up concepts just look weird.
But going for a light look means you will have a hard contrast to wigs/clothes, unless you go for some angelic/dead/albino concept.

>>5586925
That's why I said do some research.
If you look at the FL site you see that the PukiPuki body has no genitals, i.e. it's genderless.

Just keep in mind that shopping for PukiPuki can be pretty annoying.
Yes, stuff from little fashion dolls fit, but then your several hundred bucks doll will look like the usual cheap trainwreck.
Cheap fashion doll clothes are often stiff and of bad quality (looks aside).
Not to mention you still have a wig problem.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (51 KB, 523x697) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
51 KB, 523x697
>>5586922
They are pretty small, so be prepared.

Oh, not sure if you saw it, but they have magnetic parts for easy changing hands and the like, so be careful!
Else you lose a hand.
>>
>>5586930
>>5586926
i am seconding everything this anon says. honestly, i would just size up to pukifee/lati yellow / tiny delf. they are INFINITELY easier to buy for as it is an insanely popular size. its also very easy to find wigs and shoes. they are WAY easier to paint because their faces are bigger. don't be suckered in by the idea that kelly clothes fitting makes it easy to buy for a pukipuki. it doesn't. kelly is not a popular barbie, and not all the clothes will fit, and again all the clothes are cheap ugly stuff that's meant to be handled by small children.

pukipuki also are really hard to buy eyes for, their eyes are super super tiny. you'll have very limited options. but if you size up to tiny delf/ lati yellow / pukifee you can use either 10mm or 12mm. just about every place sells 12mm and they come in every style and color, you'll have no problem finding eyes you like.
>>
>>5587073

I don't think PukiFee are my taste DESU I need something that is small and cute and would fit in well with the rest of my collectibles.

I sew as well, so mostly I will be making her cute little sweaters and jumpers, so a colorful Kelly skirt wouldn't look bad, besides I've done some research and have found a few wig brands to fit.

Thanks for the tip about white resin any way to maintain she stays white besides the obvious?
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 640x1136
Besides, Kelly has some really cool vintage clothing that doesn't look all too cheap
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x1136
Or new stuff. It's made of cloth, not that wierd material.

I think this is really cute and not cheap at all! Looks like something you could buy at Target
>>
>>5587179
Pukifee are small and cute though. They're more popular than pukipuki for a reason but hey its your money.
>>
For my tiny dolls I get some balloons used for water bombs, cut off the end of them and stretch them over the headcap of my doll to create a wig cap thats thin and gives my wigs more grip.
You could probably use the fingertip of a latex glove probably...
>>
>>5587179
Pukifee/Tiny Delf/Lati Yellow are still very small (and cute).
But hey, why believe people (who actually own BJDs, and handled these sizes) that going a tiny bit bigger is the better idea in the long run...apparently you know what you do, despite zero research.

Zero because "how to deal with WS" is pretty much BJD 101.
Keep them out of the sun, store them dark and cold, keep your hands clean, no oily products.
Don't touch their faces.
This is true for all BJDs.

btw, Fairyland white skin is literally paper white. It will end a more creamy yellowish color.
But I bet you knew that already, huh?
>>
>>5587179
>>5587182
>>5587185
As someone who regularly buys Kelly clothes for my Doll Chateau Adas (weird little dolls), I'll tell you now that finding cute outfits that aren't tacky as hell is difficult. Like, the Easter Kelly outfits are SUPER CUTE and nice but most everything else isn't. The selection honestly isn't huge.

I would go with a pukifee sized doll myself because of this. Like, I'm obsessed with tinies, and can verify that shopping for 11cm is a pain in the ass.

However though, thanks for posting the pic of that cute sailor outfit. I'm going to find me one of those.
>>
>>5587532
Uhhhhg, fuck you for reminding me that Easter Kellys exist.
>>
>>5587514
>>5587532
Anon says they sew, so I mean, I think we don't need five more posts talking about Kelly clothing.

Literally this whole thread has been about helping them pick a doll, is nobody else doing anything interesting lately? (I will admit that I am not, but I mean come on.) Kayke or Kleincrew do any weird dumb shit or w/e?
>>
>>5587631
Sorry we're talking about doll stuff in the doll thread instead of /cgl/ gossip.
>>
File: armpit hair.jpg (99 KB, 549x815) Image search: [Google]
armpit hair.jpg
99 KB, 549x815
>>5587631
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Anyone have any revdolls? I like the look and I'm a sucker for Blade, but the low price has me a bit nervous.
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 640x1136
Shut up, I hate you.

This baby is too precious
>>
>>5587958
>Star pupils
Alright, I'm sold.
>>
>>5587532

It was a link on a website I think the URL is there!
>>
Have any of you had your dolls cosplay or the like before? I'm attending a con in a few weeks and I thought it would be cool to dress one of my dolls up. But instead of just picking a character, I want to dress them in a size-appropriate costume.

But all I can think of right now is weeb shit like Rosen Maiden or Angelic Layer. Does anyone else know any fictional characters that are doll-sized?
>>
>>5587514
Ok, calm down 4chan BJD Elitist. >>5587532
Honestly, I love tacky AF.

A lot of the Kelly stuff is cute and if not it takes like 30 minutes to sew a cute top. Or alter something else.
>>5587631
Oh god forbid people help others out and have decent conversations without being like >>5587514 which IRL is probably some gross ugly awkward BJD neckbeard that thinks they're a hot shot for telling someone inexperienced in BJD just how inexperienced they are even though CAHLEERLY that's what they've been talking about this whole time.

Jeez.
>>
>>5587978

Why do they have to be doll sized?? Lame.

Do something just as basic like Thumbelina
>>
>>5587981
My bad, I wasn't trying to be elitist about Kelly clothes. I have a bunch of them, so that would be kind of hypocritical of me.

And if tacky is your aesthetic then go for it!
>>
>>5587982
>Complains the idea of 'doll-sized' costumes is lame
>Suggests something as basic as Thumbelina
>>
>>5587999
>And if tacky is your aesthetic then go for it!

Reading this out of context was kind of hilarious. Off the charts level of sass right here.
>>
>>5587982
I want them to be doll sized so you actually feel like they're cosplaying and not just miniature toys? I mean, I don't know what your metric of cool and lame are anon, but there are awesome size appropriate character designs out there, I'm sure. I guess your knowledge base is limited on that front, but I'm sure there exist better characters than 'thumbelina'. I just can't think of any right now.
>>
Incidentally, Choo talked about his 120cm smart doll last April Fools and confirmed in the following days that he was serious. Is that still a go or have we been the fools all along...?

I want a Trinity but I'd prefer a vinyl in that size for convenience.
>>
>>5588030
I'm not even trying to be sassy though ;-;
>>
>>5587978
They're not doll sized, but how about Antman and Wasp. Or maybe Navi from LoZ.
>>
>>5587978
Moogles, Ewoks, Toy Story Characters, Billy & Mandy, Cosmo & Wands, Rainbow Brite, etc.
>>
>>5588031
There's some smaller persocoms in Chobits, the spirit guides in B Gata H Kei, I think some smaller spirits of various kinds in xxxHolic, and theres probably others with fairies of some kind too. Also maybe think about making a mascot kigu instead? Then you could do animal characters like Keroro or Luna.

>>5588036
Wasn't the entire Smart Doll concept originally an April Fools from some years ago to begin with?
>>
>>5588041
>>5588102
>>5588104
Thanks for all the suggestions! Gotta be 100% honest though, the idea of making trashy Rainbow Brite costumes for my dolls is really fucking appealing right now lol
>>
Has anyone ever tried dyeing hybrid dolls with different resin colours? I'm wondering if, for example, I wanna dye a NS head and a WS body to both be tan, will using the same formulation of tan result in them turning out the same colour?
>>
>>5587958
well when you guys get them please update us?
>>
>>5588224
Probably not. You might have to know a bit about color theory to get them to turn out correctly. All resins have different undertones, so some are more pink and some are more yellow and such. Not even all WS are the same, some are paper white to the point of being almost blue and some have yellow cream color. Plus each part may take the dye differently just because of the chemical makeup.
>>
>>5588442
I understand color theory pretty well, but I was just wondering more if dye became more opaque after a certain point. Opaque enough to normalize any lighter colours even despite differing undertones.

So do I understand correctly, is the potential effect of different resins going to be so bad that it's possible no amount of dyeing will normalize it? That's a bummer.
>>
>>5588104
>B Gata H kei
someone else knows that crap holyhell

There's also the small sprites from Shugo Chara if I recall or an older manga called Pixiepop.
or there's a shrink card in carcaptor sakura ( which also means a small sakura cosplay would work too ) But that's all 'weeby animu'.

>>5588102
I'm confused since I thought you asked for size appropriate and while these suggestions are small children they're not doll sized like Thumbelina or angelic layer, chobits etc. etc.
>>
>>5586094
For pastel wigs, Licht, crobidoll, and Leekeworld are your best bets. With Leekworld, stick to the art wigs. The quality of their "regular" stock wigs has gone downhill (mainly sizing issues and the pics not matching the length, cut accurately) but I've but a number of their art wigs recently (in the last 2 years) and I am consistently blown away by the quality. They release tons of pastels in mutli-toned colors so keep checking every few weeks if they don't have one up yet.
>>
>>5588481
all the dyed dolls i've ever seen, except for the ones dyed solid pitch black, have looked like shit, anon. you might have better luck buying the body in tan, and then hiring a faceup artist with an airbrush who is skilled in color matching to airbrush the head to match the body.
>>
>>5586810
Yeah... I saw that and it was very early Impldollish. The head looks loosely based on Chalco. Not feeling it at all.

>>5587182
>>5587185
I've found some cute Kelly clothes that I've used on my Pukipuki, but you will have the most luck online. Going into a store will just net you extra frustration, because Mattel has a stupid fixation with giving their dolls molded on clothing now.

>>5587514
Eh, my white LTF has yellowed, but it doesn't look awful. It's pretty ivory now. At least it's not "beauty green" like LUTS of yore.

>>5587631
Haven't had time to browse tumblr this week, so I know of nothing new. I'll admit I only bring up half the drama.

>>5587981
>Honestly, I love tacky AF.
Oh. Hi, Kayke.

>>5588481
It's one of those things that none of us will know unless it's tested first. Different pieces of the same doll can come out with different results a lot of the time.
>>
>>5588642
Not to be a stickler for detail or anything, anon, but a lot of those examples, while not the same proportions as dolls, are at least roughly the same height as a doll in proportion to a person. Thumbelina, on the other hand, is literally the size of a thumb. So your being an obtuse ass about the other examples being the wrong size is perplexing with how much you bring up Thumbelina who is even farther off in size.
>>
>>5586810

Eh desu I like him a lot. Granted the skinny body is going to look weird on other future dolls but it works with Brett due to him being some sort of spooky ass crow monster. The stacking crow on hoof feet gimmick is absurd and I wouldn't order him with a unicorn horn but otherwise he's the first soom release I've cared about in a while.

Then again I'm a fan of The Crow so maybe it's just that part of me talking.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 636x127) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 636x127
Really?
Not sure if it's truly the same anon (has no clue about BJDs but directly heads to a confession Tumblr?) but at least get your facts straight.
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (74 KB, 602x629) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
74 KB, 602x629
>>5589318
lol wow what a faggot. see if we try to help you again, stick to tumblr then you pussy
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (93 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
93 KB, 480x640
>>5589318
>>5589437
This is what happens when we don't tell tumblr to GTFO as soon as they come around. You fucking newfags don't get how threads/boards get ruined when people try turn 4chan into their personal hugbox.

You're all niggers.
>>
>>5589318
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I also don't think it's the same anon for that reason (is TBC that popular?) and the fact that confession anon suddenly calls them 'bjd dolls' while pukifee anon knew better.

Either way, tumblrinas ruin everything.
>>
>>5589318
Is that the same anon? No sign of ellipses or emoticons.
>>
Kizuna smart doll shipped. Now to pray it doesn't get delivered on a day I'm not around.
>>
File: Capture.png (216 KB, 1463x942) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
216 KB, 1463x942
>>5589437
Get a new picture.
>>
>>5589892
i see that spongebob, edgemaster in every other thread
>>
>>5589892

Wow SpongeBob anon is a really salty cunt.
>>
File: tumblr_o52ib1L47S1rascg6o1_540.jpg (43 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o52ib1L47S1rascg6o1_540.jpg
43 KB, 540x360
Kayke's nigger army sure is coming along. You can have varying degrees of nigger. Wonder when Haru's going to cast the speshul snowflake vitiligo nigger.

>>5589833
Nah, it's probably dollfairy or someone like that shitstirring.

>>5589704
Yeah, I often wonder why there are so many "new and want to jump into the hobby but the community is so toxic" confessions on a blog that's more or less one of the things you wouldn't consult when looking for new bjd advice. Pretty sure 90% of those confessions are bait (not withstanding other confessions that beat the dead horse over) Just my $.02.

>>5589892
Pretty sure that's the same anon that does johanisdisapoint.jpg It's time to find new images dollfriend.

Guess I can be latetothepartyfaggot since I typically do shit tons of replies in the same post.
>>
>>5589951
>Guess I can be latetothepartyfaggot since I typically do shit tons of replies in the same post.

Hey, I do that too. ...although not so much lately. But I used to make a lot of replies to various questions usually just tryin to help out with whatever interesting doll I saw on flickr recently as an image. Eh it's probably good that we don't really have a posting gimmick, apparently only the assholes do.
>>
File: pYLNMm.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
pYLNMm.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>
>>5586810
i could go for those claws but thats about it, like I really feel like Soom should sell their fantasy parts separately, but then, I also think they really need to quit focusing so much on their limiteds instead of improving their basic dolls. Especially when most of their limiteds at this point are just rehashes of the same old molds.

>>5587631
I'm going to meet my local group for the first time Saturday
>>
>>5589892
> screencapturing every time i post

wew lad
>>
File: tumblr_mtqxmaiVAh1rhw5p9o1_.png (312 KB, 556x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mtqxmaiVAh1rhw5p9o1_.png
312 KB, 556x370
>>5589704
I'm not so sure about it either.
But I think TBC is pretty popular, no clue how fast a non-BJD person would find it though.
>>
>>5590308
they just searched an archive. it's really easy.
>>
File: wut.jpg (55 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
55 KB, 400x533
>>5590334
but for what purpose? why care so much about the fact someone using the same image about once a month when they post something insulting/edgy? that's like next level tumblr tier autism.

sorry for not having a whole plethora of images to use when shitposting and triggering you, >>5589892 anon
>>
>>5590338
they're just trying to help you improve, senpai.
>>
File: reallynigga.jpg (96 KB, 746x711) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
96 KB, 746x711
>>5590345
in that case here is a new one hot off the presses, and doll related to boot!
>>
File: 1392219979786.jpg (261 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1392219979786.jpg
261 KB, 1280x720
>>5590338
>not having separate folders for images used on different boards
>not having this organizational structure on both your home and work computers

W E A K
E
A
K
>>
File: oniiichan.jpg (45 KB, 400x333) Image search: [Google]
oniiichan.jpg
45 KB, 400x333
>>5590371
i'll try harder from now on oniichan <3
>>
>>5590308
>>5590338
You seem upset.
>>
File: hurrrr.png (399 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hurrrr.png
399 KB, 600x450
>>5590473
you sure got me anon.
>>
>>5590146
Yeah, considering Dia is their best selling nonlimited, I'm pretty sad that their basic doll line was underappreciated. I really liked Ivory.

On the other hand, they tend to get really behind when producing their limiteds, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Cutting down on rmonthly releases may be a more viable option, but Soom's gonna Soom. They thrive off peoples' impulse buying due to the fear of sculpt possibly not being rereleased.

>>5590534
Hahaha. This one accurately depicts many of the nutcases in this hobby.
>>
Is there a Maddie Ziegler one of these?
>>
>>5590607
No clue who that is, but all BJDs are customized by their owners.
If you want a certain character you need to find a fitting base doll and customize it.
Faces from real people (like celebrities) are very rare and all custom made for small group orders, they also often look very creepy.
>>
>>5590371
>Having both a home and work computer.
Nigga what?
>>
>>5589951
Is Kayke really vocal about artist's rights?

Because she proudly paints obvious recasts as long as the reason you got the recast was because the company didn't make it in POC skintones.
>>
>>5590692
>Is Kayke really vocal about artist's rights?
...That's a really good question. I don't see her post much recast debate shit. However, resulting meltdowns that ensue if Coffee gets recast for whatever stupid reason will be much lulz.

She also likes to play the "Wah I am tens of thousands of dollars in debt because I went to art school" card, which is a bundle of hilarity and sadness on its own.
>>
>>5590692
wait, she paints recasts?

Also fuck, considering she is as white as it gets it's weird how she's all about black people. I'm white myself and have a ton of dolls with darker skintones, but hers always look like your stereotype black ghetto bitches and whores.
She comes across as fetishistic at times.
>>
>>5590692
>>5590726
>>5590825
She used to own recasts. I think she still paints them. I'm not sure if anon is joking about the POC skintones thing but that sounds accurate enough for her. I think we all know the type of person who was very racist or homophobic or something like that years ago and now they act in a way that can only be described as "atoning for their sins". Kayke is like this with her racist past.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.