[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Must see stores in/or near Boston?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1223439390841.jpg (293 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1223439390841.jpg
293 KB, 1280x960
I'm heading to Boston for business next week, and will have the evenings free.

Anyone know some must see stores? Preferably a store with some good Star Wars/random video game merch. Comic stores/toy stores/tabletop stores are all good, I just want to visit some cool places.

Also, general advice for Boston? Haven't been there before.
>>
File: Comicazi.jpg (326 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Comicazi.jpg
326 KB, 1600x1200
There's a chain called Newbury Comics that sells t-shirts, pop-culture stuff, toys, CDs and comics. Roughly in that order.
Comicazi in Somerville is a comic store that has a good portion dedicated to action figures. Some vintage and lots of MIB 90s stuff.
Pandemonium Books & Games in Cambridge (I only go there for the books) and Hobby Bunker in Malden for any fa/tg/uy stuff.
Replay’d in Allston and High Energy Vintage in Somerville for your /vr/ needs.
CEX in Boston for used games/electronics.
Except for High Energy (bus ride to the middle of nowhere) most of these places are accessible from trains or streetcars.

Lansdowne street in Boston is nightclub central but I'm partial to the Middle East in Cambridge.
>>
File: IMG_1157.jpg (398 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1157.jpg
398 KB, 1600x1200
Another Comicazi pic
>>
>>5575101
I cant wait to move away from here and never see a newbury comics again
>>
>>5574845
Don't know the addresses, but a few google searches should find them with this info.

There's a general jap import store in a small shopping mall called The Garage, and there's also a store specializing in Miyazaki stuff. It used to be right next door to the garage, but it moved recently, I think.
>>
>>5575963
I think there's only one place now. Still in the Garage but not Tokyo Kid anymore. Not much for toys last I saw.
>>
>>5574845
The Toy Vault in North Attleboro is about 40 minutes outside of Boston. They have some other locations too. They specialize in vintage toys and video games.

Sudden Impact is THE retro video game shop to visit in Boston. Maybe just outside of Boston, but worth a gander.

That's Entertainment in Worcester, also 40 minutes away but one of the biggest comic shapes in the area. Not a huge toy selection but I have scored many great used figures from them over the years, so you never know.

Harrison's in Salem. Another great comic shop fitting the same description. Salem Willows is a fun spot to check out too for ice cream and mostly child-sized vintage rides and games.

I think there is a "Greater Boston" toy show happening this Sunday, it's usually a dud.
>>
>>5576059
For food I highly recommend:
>Myers and Chang in the North End
>The Haven in Jamaica Plain. My favorite burger in town.
>The Friendly Toast, right near a little indy movie theater, waiters can sell discounted movie tickets.
>Great Scott sometimes has good shows but watered down drinks.
>The Paris Creperie in Brookline. Both savory and dessert crepes. Next to one of the best movie theaters in town.
>The Brattle theater shows a lot of old cult flip if you're into that.
>L.A. Burdick is a great chocolate shope. Perfect for a unique gift or extremely thick hot chocolate or mocha.
>The Indian restaurant attached to The Middle East night club is great. The club has great various themed dance nights as well.
>>
>>5575101
High Energy closed down. He just does the Somerville Flea now.

And FOE in Northampton is closed too. Was a cool "designer toy" gallery and vinyl kaiju shop.
>>
>>5576084
>High Energy closed down
Shit, I was just going off google. One less reason to go to Union Sq, I guess.

>>5576059
Damn, I live here and I wouldn't even bother trying to get to those places. Had to look at a map just to see where Winthrop was.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.