[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty people on ebay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1
File: RtnDownloadFile.jpg (2 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
RtnDownloadFile.jpg
2 MB, 3984x2241
Some Ebay scrub bought a figure from me and broke one of the hand pegs immediately, and is now saying that I sent the figure to him broken. He is being far hostile and even opening a case on ebay... What do I even say when ebay opens the case? Do I just tell them that this asshole is trying to rip me off?
>>
Was the figure factory sealed or used?
>>
>>5566471
It was used.
>>
>>5566467
>>5566477
eBay always sides with the buyer, so it's pointless telling you this now, but next time make a video of yourself packing the figure.

If the figure is new, show the unbroken seals to the camera, and give a full 360 of the box just for good measure.
If the figure is used/unsealed, make sure to show the figure to the camera (in focus) to emphasise that there's nothing broken, show all of the accessories so you can prove there's no missing parts, and then carefully pack it away, use plenty of bubble wrap etc. and seal the box with duct tape or something that's unbreakable without fucking up the box (so only the buyer can open it once it arrives). Take lots of photos for your listing too, don't just have a photo of the figure in the box if you're selling used.

This is what I've done for my past few transactions, thankfully my buyers weren't assholes but it's always good to have insurance against some hamhanded prick who decides they deserve a refund after fucking up a perfectly good figure.
>>
>>5566467
always take pics of what you're selling before you ship
otherwise, you're fucked since ebay is biased towards sellers
>>
Dont use ebay to sell next time.
>>
>>5566480

Pretty sure that people have said filming means fuck all, and eBay will still most likely side with the buyer.

I can't even imagine just how autistic it would look filming yourself packaging an item, filming yourself walking into the post office, filming yourself handing over the package to the post office employee, etc.

Besides, I'm sure the buyer, if they want to be a fuck head, can just say something like "How do we know he didn't film a second copy of the same item?" or something like that, and have eBay say "True dat!" *Refunds money.*
>>
>>5566467
Why the fuck does that idiot want a maul with a broken hand joint anyway.

Wait a second.. that desk looks kind of familiar, got any other pics? Preferably one showing stuff in the background? I may know who this is.
>>
>>5566489
>Pretty sure that people have said filming means fuck all
I've yet to use my footage in a case, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
If the figure is shown to be intact as you pack it into the box, it's not your problem if it arrives broken, unless you do a shitty job packing it, which you shouldn't do considering you have yourself on video.

>I can't even imagine just how autistic it would look filming yourself packaging an item
It's insurance against shitty buyers, who gives a fuck what it looks like?

>filming yourself walking into the post office, filming yourself handing over the package to the post office employee, etc.
I never said to do that.

>"How do we know he didn't film a second copy of the same item?"
We're getting into ridiculous hypotheticals here.
The same thing could be said about taking photos of your item before shipping it.
>>
>>5566490
Kill yourself...

1. No one said anyone wanted a broken hand joint. Learn to read

2. You don't fucking know who the person is due to a fucking wood pattern on their desk. You don't know this person.

Everyone on 4chan thinks they fucking know everyone. The world isn't that small, dipshit.
>>
>>5566571
Wait these numbers.. I think I know who you are! Post more numbers
>>
>>5566580
Jerry shut the fuck up.
>>
>>5566571
Lol you cared enough to make a point by point refutation. What a faggot. I know a wood desk isn't enough, that's why I asked for other pics. You should take your own advice on that learning to read thing. That's some pretty nice clinical autism you got there.
>>
I am definitely done selling on ebay after this incident.
>>
>>5566584
But my name is Bob...
>>
>>5566588
>calls him a faggot for making a point by point refutation
>proceeds to make a point by point refutation
>>
>>5566467
The joint isn't even broken, it's just popped apart. takes 2 seconds to snap it back together. What is he fucking whining about.
>>
>>5566592
>I am definitely done selling on ebay after this incident
Selling on eBay is a suckers game. PayPal at least protects sellers, especially if you have strong documentation/photos to prove your case. Can PayPal still screw you over? Sure. However with eBay I can't even remember the last time I heard a seller winning ever since the pro-buyer policies were put in place.
>>
>>5566467
Ebay is full of shit sellers too. Buyer, seller.. shit people exist in the world.
So what's exatly the point here?
>>
>>5566467

Not much you can do with a case. They give you a few days to give a response, wait until the last day to authorize the refund, ask for the buyer to send it back.

When you have received it back, just sit on it and don't refund. Only refund if the buyer escalates the case.

If you wanna be really thorough, hope the buyer doesn't upload the return tracking info, and if he doesn't, call ebay when he escalates and claim there's no proof he's returned the item.
>>
>>5566467
Track the fucker down and stomp his ass.
>>
>>5566730
I was about to say. Looks like it can snap back together like that.
>>
>>5566892
OP just tell him to put it back together.
>>
>>5566467
You have their address, obviously.

You're on 4chan.
>>
>>5567756
Stop hamhanding your figures, fatty.
>>
>>5567756
I know this is a troll, but he's done nothing incriminating ITT and could dox you just as easily.
>>
>>5566467
didnt your shipment provide insurance coverage for up to $50?
>>
>>5566836

seriously? i just oredered something off ebay and might want to do that
>>
>>5567806
You might want to be a scamming piece of shit?
>>
>>5567809

if niggers do it why cant real people do it too?
>>
>>5567806
>seriously? i just oredered something off ebay and might want to do that
eBay will eventually ban you if you keep complaining about every single item. Don't get me wrong, scammers get away with quite a bit before being banned but they aren't going to just let you keep doing it either. Not finding in the seller's favor isn't the same as letting scammers endlessly get refunds, returns and free shit.
>>
>>5567835
That's what separates real people from the niggers. Do you want to be a nigger?
>>
I remember when I started to buy figures and bought a RAH. Didn't know much and figured the guy was selling an authentic one because of the price. But when it came and I opened it, the figure looked like a kid has been playing with it outside in the dirt. It was dirty, the body was crushed. And after further investigation, I found out it was a fake. So I opened a case on the item and the seller gave me that, I'm gonna be in the hospital for a month excuse. I was like whatever dude. Ebay let me return it and gave me my money back.
>>
>>5567843
I'm guessing all those Black Rock Shooter RAHs that are like $60 shipped on ebay right now are bootlegs then?
>>
>>5567844
Sure are.
>>
>>5567846
Damn, I had my hopes up. That explains why they all went up at the same time I guess.
>>
>>5566588
>Lol
fuck out of here
>>
That is not broken, he fucking took it apart, likely deliberately. He's probably waiting for a refund so he can pop the joint back together and enjoy a free toy.
>>
>>5567855

Since when can you keep the shit AND get a refund? Obviously it needs to get sent back to OP.

If he's doing it on purpose it's because he had second thoughts.
>>
I've reported the guy to Ebay, and they are looking into suspending his account.
>>
>>5569023
Yay!
>>
>>5567806
Before you go , don't forget the seller have your address and name and if he happen to have lots of free time and is hella piss that you scamming him, he might swing by and pay you a visit, or perhaps have connections near your area. Last thing you want is to get your ass kick over a figure or even worse get you or your family is a big mess .
Not that it will happen but if you happen to get that lucky seller .
>>
>>5569023
so what did you do to have ebay trust you over him?
>>
>>5569257
Usually it involves posting the specifics of the situation. People posting about how ebay never sides with sellers are full of shit.
>>
>>5569264
I wouldn't be surprised. I remember some guy whining on here because ebay sided with the buyer when he didn't buy insurance and something broke while shipping.
>>
>>5566497
>it's not your problem if it arrives broken,

NO, wrong. it IS your problem if it arrives broken. ebay states it is your responsibility as the seller to ensure the item arrives in the condition you promised. If the service you provide to do that fails, you failed the buyer.

Its an act of god thing, but buyers can still fuck you on this and ebay supports it.

>>5566467

You're fucked OP. If you want to continue selling on that account, super fucked. Write down his name and address, look them up in 6 months see if they still live there, send them a box of feces. If you're done with the account and ebay, try and fight it, but you'll likely lose thanks to buyer protection bullshit
>>
>>5569346
ahem
>>5569023
>>
>>5569264
Post proofs. Notice the s.
>>
>>5566467
>I hamhandled the thing and now I want a refound
>>
Ebay ended up siding with the buyer anyway, because ebay is fucking shit. Watch out for this scumbag if you sell on ebay, their name is silverprelude627
>>
>>5579165
Even after explaining that it wasn't actually broken?
>>
>>5579165

Is he sending it back at least?
>>
>>5579165
>>5579165
>People posting about how ebay never sides with sellers are full of shit.
>>
>>5579165
you bought insurance right?
>>
>>5579186
hes selling it on the b/s/t so i sure hope so!
>>
>>5569584
ahem
>>5579165
>>
>>5568645
>Since when can you keep the shit AND get a refund?

You can if you negotiate with the seller. Years ago I bought a copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2 for the Saturn that came with a botched disc and had it set so I'd get half the money back while keeping the case and manual because it'd just be cheaper to buy a loose disc than another CIB copy.
>>
>>5566467
>>5566480
>>5566488

A few years ago on ebay I bought an out of package Owlman figure from the Crime Syndicate box set, as it was the only figure from the set I had interest in. When it arrived, the ankle joint was broken. And not just popped out of the socket, the plastic itself was warped and damaged at one of the the peg holes.

The images in the photo did not show any defect, so I sent the seller a message about it. They asked for a photo of the defect, which I sent. They said they didn't notice anything wrong with it when they shipped it and basically accused me of breaking it myself so I filed a case.

Sometimes buyers are in the right.
>>
>>5566497
> I've yet to use my footage in a case, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Because eBay won't take it. It's outside of their system and there's no way to prove the footage is legit.

> We're getting into ridiculous hypotheticals here.

Not that anon, but we're not. eBay doesn't take footage as evidence.

>>5566467
Is he asking for a full refund or partial? Is he willing to mail the figure back?

If you accept returns and it was opened (not sealed) you don't have much you can do to save yourself. If you have shipping insurance on it, and he insists it came broken in box and you insist it was unbroken upon shipping, you might be able to make a postal claim.
>>
>>5581746
Few years back, a guy bought a cib Nes game from me and opened a case saying the box was damaged. He would not send pictures to show the damage and he would not send the item back for a refund. eBay refunded him the full amount from my PayPal without any proof whatsoever. They ALWAYS favor the buyer with or without proof. Be careful friends.
>>
>>5566467
Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like it can simply be popped back together. It looks like he popped it apart himself knowing that and is trying to abuse the ignorance of the eBay admins to make you give him the figure for free and then he'll just pop it back together and he'll have an intact figure again.
>>
>>5581953
>>5566730
>>5567855
This. If eBay comes after you, explain this to him that the join is designed to come apart to avoid overstressing the pieces and actually breaking them and that it can simply be snapped back together. Make sure you inform the buyer of this in an email (even though we all know he popped it apart to scam you) and then give this email and any response from him to eBay to prove to them that you did notify the buyer that this can happen and that it can be fixed. His response will either have to be him retracting his claim or it will be something incriminating himself as trying to scam you so that should be all the proof you need to get eBay to side with you.
>>
>>5581944
>He would not send pictures to show the damage and he would not send the item back for a refund

I always send pics and video footage when I have an issue so people won't think I'm trying to scam them.
>>
fuk this happened to me with a medicom l death note fig, buyer broke it but claimed it came broken
was out 300 bucks and he never responded to me telling him to return it to me
>>
>>5579165
If he refuse to sent the item back , help him subscribe to all kinds of try offers , magazines , etc . since he wants free stuff., , maybe even in some of those pop up ads too.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.