[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BJD/Doll Thread: Insert Witty Title Here
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: tumblr_mzvljasXTf1snn0szo1_500.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzvljasXTf1snn0szo1_500.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
Last thread: >>5500253

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Comparison heaven:
http://dollection.fi/heaven/
>>
File: 1448582745655.jpg (186 KB, 930x616) Image search: [Google]
1448582745655.jpg
186 KB, 930x616
Last thread brought us:

>Tax season is giving many dollfriends an incentive for buying new doll shit

>Mirodoll is shit and is 99% incapable of salvaging

>Want to fuck your doll? >>>/jp/

>Volks website just relaunched and is already fucked up.

Sorry... yeah, I didn't get a whole lot from last thread. I went back through and some of my replies were deleted, which is usually a sign TFTF appeared and shit up the thread.
>>
Also, anyone have links to the dropboxes for patterns and all that jazz? Would be pretty cool to include that in the guide or pasta in OP.
>>
Dollbakery eyes are open for preorder, since I know some of you have been waiting.
>>
>>5543098
im really tempted by the monthly eyes with the brown pupil, they look amazing, but i dont know if i can justify the purchase right now. i'm still waiting for news on the custom small iris 16mm group order on DOA. the group leader still hasnt heard back. really frustrating :\
>>
>>5542959
Can't get the links to mine to work right, but surprisingly the best way to find scans is to go on Pinterest. There's a ton of them hosted on Google+ that will come up on there. The full scans will always say "free copy" in the description. I've found Dollybird, Dollydolly, DollJapan, the Coordinate Recipe books, a bunch specifically for Blythe, Licca, and Pure Neemo, and a couple of the Unoa Freak ones too.
>>
so i ended up with a recast tiny delf about a year ago as a present from a friend and ive been lazy abt selling her cause i dont really wanna own a recast. are yall open to recasts being sold on here? cause i know people get touchy.
>>
did any of yall participate in bjd boob day? i only found out about it once it was dark already so i didnt participate. i love seeing resin tits though so it was nice to look though the tag on tumblr
>>
Who does 2079 Realms even wholesale to? How are they still in business after almost a decade?

Outside of the huge clusterfucks that are the occasional DoA group order, I can't find any retailers that carry any of their items.

I really want this super shitty outfit for my incoming Shale, and wouldn't mind paying a markup for it, but it seems none of the usual places that stock Chinese-made garbage clothes have it.

http://2079realms.com/2079501bjd-clothing-4-msd-p-1640.html
>>
File: 25063231664_89a7ae9ae3_b.jpg (91 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
25063231664_89a7ae9ae3_b.jpg
91 KB, 1024x683
>>5544680
I saw some of their dresses on Taobao, but what really shocks me is that a few of the YoSD dresses look like the shit Dollheart had added to their Fukubukuros years ago.
Same look and the dresses didn't have a DH tag back then either.

Can't remember your outfit though, is there a reason you want that hot mess for your Shale?

>>5544591
Naw, the reason they made this was just incredibly silly. Also don't get why some people are so eager to take such pictures, in most cases they look just super awkward and not "sexy" at all.
While the DD dudes are sometimes a bit creepy they definitely nailed that aesthetic.

btw, Haru postet pictures of Kayke's Coffee, and that head is a hot mess inside.
So lumpy, looks like she used fucking cookie dough to sculpt her.
>>
>>5542934
Resin doll OP yay

I wonder if we get more inquiries about fucking your dolls when we have DDs in the OP?
>>
>>5544764
Hard to tell because most of the time we have DDs (and if BJD they are usually female too).

But as far as I can tell the weird doll fuckers or otherwise non-doll collectors who suddenly got all interested only showed up when we had a DD as picture.
>>
guysguysguysguys

I just got back from vacation where I didn't keep up on doll news. I've been gone for two weeks.

Any crazy new releases? Any news from Volks on outfits/dolls/preorders?

Get me up to speed /doll/ I need you.
>>
>>5545087
Volks announced a new MDD, and the lottery will be in May. Don't really know if there's anything else because I'm a DD-only fag.
>>
>>5544750
Oh, Dollheart. I was one of the people who received crap a few years ago, so I really don't doubt that was the case. Just glad they didn't pull that shit again this past year, though.

I have a Shale Death Knight chest piece with the wings, and don't really know if I'll be keeping the Shale or not once it arrives. I wanted a cheap, passably boyish and frilly outfit to cut holes into, to accommodate the wings.

I just don't really feel like shelling out 50+ for an outfit I will both ruin and possibly not keep.
>>
>>5544750
that picture is so embarrassing holy shit
>>
>>5545114
i havent ordered from dollheart for years because of that fukubukuro disaster. i ordered two YOSD sized bags, got the same cheap hideous dress and hat in both of them. i havent even bothered to put them up for sale because they are that ugly no ones going to buy them
>>
>>5545114
>>5545295
Same here.
That year a lot of us had ordered YoSD bags and all of them had this shitty flowery dress in it.
Myself I got a 70cm bag and it was full with good stuff.
We actually got a "gift" from DH because they admitted that there was not enough in the YoSD bags and too much in the 70cm bags.

The gift?
A tiny paper bag, a badly glued together pair of "fairy" wings and another hat.
Since then no Fukus for me anymore.
>>
>>5545457
was it the hideous magenta pink / reddish dress with clashing light pink trim? so fucking ugly. and i got two giant light purple top hats with bunny ears sewed on, absolutely worthless.
>>
>>5544750
Yeah, I remember seeing the back of the headcap photo before she sent Coffee to Haru. It had bubbles and uneven brushstrokes, iirc. Is it typical for primer to be brushed on? Guess I'm so used to people sanding everything ahead of time, you know.
>>
>>5545111
What's the new MDD?
>>
>>5544750
Oh jesus, so bad. Her face is hideous too. I hope the people who dished out for this weren't the kind that save up for years to get a doll because this is...really, really poor sculpting quality.
>>
File: arrr.png (930 KB, 602x891) Image search: [Google]
arrr.png
930 KB, 602x891
Sometimes cheap resinsouls make a great base and can be turned into beautiful modification projects.

Other times they, uh, can't.
>>
>>5545757
The tragedy is that this person clearly has a grasp on painting skin texture and wrinkles, if they did it on an Iple EID or Granado and put less crappy eyes this would actually look pretty interesting.
>>
>>5545767
No anon, they don't. On an Iple or Granado this would still look like greasy pencil bullshit. Fuck, she even skipped the lashes.
>>
>>5545767
Wat? That faceup is awful. clearly the artist needs more practice.
>>
Is there anywhere I can find pictures of the factory faceup for Minifee Risse? Not the full set red riding hood, but when you buy her a la carte. I want her to be my first bjd, but I don't want her to be faceupless since I don't have any artist I really adore right now and don't have the confidence to do it myself.
>>
>>5545607
Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari.
>>
>>5542934
http://www.amazon.com/3M-8200-Particulate-Respirators-20-Pack/dp/B008MVYHJE/ Will this mask provide enough protection when sanding and filing resin or will I need something else?
>>
File: fairyland best company.png (1 MB, 1030x691) Image search: [Google]
fairyland best company.png
1 MB, 1030x691
What the fuck Fairyland

>https://www.flickr.com/photos/maselanka/25602409872/in/album-72157665659536421/
>>
File: wtf.jpg (198 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
198 KB, 700x1050
What the...
Can someone explain the origin of this atrocity to me please ?
l love Loong Soul but this creature gives me nightmares.
>>
>>5546961
jesus christ
>>
File: 1468_P_1454637684362.jpg (565 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1468_P_1454637684362.jpg
565 KB, 600x900
Does anyone have any tips or tutorials or even progress videos on painting sleeping bjd sculpts? I've looked around but didnt really find anything on how to approach blushing the closed eyelids or adding lines or anything.
>>
>>5548422
It's pretty much the same as an open eyed head, it's just more annoying at times.
Highly depends on the dreaming/sleeping head, some are easier to paint than others (I personally hate painting them), but the biggest issue is usually painting the lower lashes due to a lack of space.

I usually try to find the sculpt on Flickr and see how other artists have approached that eye shape.
>>
File: 1324-59.jpg (292 KB, 801x1200) Image search: [Google]
1324-59.jpg
292 KB, 801x1200
found
>>
>>5546961
Is this commonplace for dolls from Fairyland? I don't have any personal experience with them.
>>
>>5548815
sadly, yes. it didnt used to be, but its becoming pretty damn common now.
>>
>>5548815
Yeah. I was a staunch defender of Fairyland when the shit talking started but my last one from them is definitely the last one for me. Scratches all over, strung so tight I swear they must have a robot arm doing it now, head wobbles like a fucking dash ornament, headcap overhangs by a millimeter all the way around. She makes my $300 2D doll look fantastic, and if you put her next to one of my Volks SD's the Fairyland looks like it was found naked in a thrift store bin.
I'm disgusted with them and I hope the people who've got shitty dolls start speaking up, they do not deserve the respect or the business they get any longer. They are pretty obviously completely apathetic about the quality of the goods they ship at this point.
>>
Can anyone help me out with a size comparison with a Dollshe Amanda and a normal 60cm bjd (preferably supia if possible?) I want to make sure it's passable and not super weird looking....
>>
>>5548627
Something about that head looks really off. Is it just me or is the face way too low? That and the stray hairs are ruining an otherwise cool shot.
>>
>>5549490
check comparison heaven
>>
>>5548815
My LittleFee has that problem, and she was made several years ago. Thankfully she stays pretty covered up. I bought her secondhand, so it's not like I can demand them fix the problem. Pretty bad when QC from some of the recasts are better than the actual brand. Especially for their price point, it's bad when Resinsoul's resin quality is more reliable and consistent.
>>
Weird one, but has anyone seen a more standard size SD head on an F65 that looks good? I'm on the fence about a hybrid I'm thinking of.
>>
>>5550181
Dollshe females aren't in the list, check before you post.

It's hard to find any comparison with them, they aren't very popular to begin with.
Did a quick search and couldn't find a comparison with them and any other doll, but I only checked Flickr so far.
Sorry anon.
>>
>>5550351
Male or Female?
I've seen a few that worked, like Dia on male Feeple 65 (owner is active in this thread here too) or even a female EID head on female Feeple65.
Flickr got a few examples.

Is there a specific head you want to match?
>>
>>5550184
I've always preferred to own legit dolls but I want a Fairyland and I'm probably just going to go for a recast. Thanks Fairyland
>>
>>5550715
Don't, you just hurt companies who don't suck ass too. Every cent you give to a recaster makes it possible for them to make more purchases.

Instead, get one second-hand from someone who confirmed that their doll has no/less flaws.
Their quality nowadays does often suck but not all dolls they send out are as flawed as the one pictured here.
>>
>>5550553
>check before you post

really anon? Were you expecting to be spoon-fed here?
>>
>>5550715
Does Fairyland even perform quality check? Though I commend them for their innovation, it's kind of annoying how they ask for a premium price and yet deliver a subpar product.
>>
>>5550726
I'm not the anon who asked for the comparison, but if you "attempt" to help someone at least know what you are doing.
Don't say they should check X if the information can't be found there.
>>
>>5550807
>Here we go again
Helpfulness Nazi makes a triumphant return.
>>
>>5550854
dude, why so butthurt?
>>
File: 1438553476257.jpg (312 KB, 1600x670) Image search: [Google]
1438553476257.jpg
312 KB, 1600x670
>>5550807
/toy/ isn't the best place to answer specific questions like that. They'd be lucky to get a response on DoA nowadays.
>>
>>5550854
Nah bruh, I was the first person. Anon can figure this one out themselves. Mine was just "give them a fucking damn link, you ass". Chill your tits.
>>
>>5542951
fucking KEK. perfect.
>>
>>5550560
Female, sorry. And I'm trying to find a nice body for an older DZ head (i'm shit but she's my first doll and i love her). Color match doesn't have to be too close, just nothing outrageous like a bright new DoD pink against her yellowness. She just needs a nice curvy body with attractive or not noticeable torso jointing since she'll be wearing a lot of tribal belly dance wear.
>>
>>5550725
Fuck buying fairyland second hand dude, people charge full price and then some for old and yellowed 'project' minifees because everybody is so hungry for fairylands generic shit.

I agree that they shouldn't buy a recast but I'd recommend just not getting a fairyland doll at all over paying the crazy markup.
>>
I was following Kayke's blog out of morbid curiousity as to how Coffee the Pre-weathered Doll was finally going to turn out but jesus christ the amount of batshit...

"I can only have sex with my boyfriend if I pretend we're both women or both men"
"((reblogs post about her friend literally pissing all over the floor of a bathroom))"

good god how is this kind of internet presence endearing to anyone how does she have fans or people willing to preorder her shitty $400 doll on the vague expectation it'll be a well made product
>>
>>5550715
Yeah if buying a recast was only taking a chunk out of FL's sales then that would be fine but if you fund a recaster it contributes directly to screwing other, actually-decent companies out of their earnings. I think it's ok to buy second desu, just don't be willing to put up with the ridiculous markups that so many put on their FL shit. You might need to wait a while in that case.
>>
>>5552004
>second desu
....second hand. What the fuck. It posted fine for >>5551980
>>
>>5551999
she posted her damn x-ray photos saying "my skeleton wants to be free from this meat prison"

I dont know how she isn't considered a joke at this point, people still believe in her making a triumphant return with beautifully completed dolls.
>>
>>5551999
Link?
>>
>>5553195
Found it, it's depressing as fuck.
>>
>>5553159
Maybe because she's become tumblr incarnate. Her faceups aren't my cup of tea, but I sort of like the clothing style she uses for her dolls.

There was an announcement that she'll be the artist guest at DollAkon this year, which I'll be going to. It's going to be interesting to see how she acts in person, I guess. She's supposedly going to be taking onsite commissions (and doing a faceup panel? not positive if this was her or someone else) and selling Coffee, so we'll see how that goes.
>>
Tax return arrived, gonna buy a smart doll with big titties finally. I would like to buy her one set of undies/bikini and alt clothes. Where's a good reasonably priced place to buy that?
>>
>>5553581
nightfallwalker
>>
>>5553517

Fuck I knew her IRL and she's an absolute fucking cunt. She'll come off nicey-nicey but she makes fun of everyone else when they're not around, esp other fat chicks. She only made Coffee because she wanted to get invited to doll conventions/ get paid to travel-stay. She esp wants a free trip to L-doll. It pisses me off that anyone calls her a guest
>>
>>5553632
Yep I started browsing that. At least a swimsuit.
>>
File: Chloe_Luts.png (693 KB, 408x683) Image search: [Google]
Chloe_Luts.png
693 KB, 408x683
>>5551980
Recast buyer here. Fuck minifees. I want one of the littlefees or pukifees. Still haven't decided if that's the doll I even want but if I'm going with Fairyland I'm going recast.

I have no problem with second hand dolls but it seems like most second hand standard release FL dolls go for well over the price you'd pay for a new one. People defend it saying it's paying for the convenience of not having to deal with Fairyland's shit customer service or six months wait time. So I'm essentially paying a fee so I don't have to interact directly with the company, which is just one big nope. Resin has a lifespan, I don't want to pay more for something that I will have for less time.

All this being said, I'm not usually into recasts because I know that it hurts the industry. I have five legitimate dolls from three different companies and one of them is a limited fullset. I don't feel like dropping a few hundred on a recast littlefee is going to make that much of a difference. But, ultimately, I might just go for a legit little dolly from my favorite company because I know I will like what I get.

Anyway here's a pretty dolly to make up for blog spam
>>
>>5554135
>rationalizing
fuck you buddy. I mean, fuck Fairyland but fuck you too. Everyone thinks the couple hundo they in particular are dropping on a recast 'won't make a difference' but the reality is most people buying them are only buying one or two and such complacent decisions make up most of their sales.
>>
What's a good SD girl body to get? Preferably something that can wear SD13 stuff.

I don't really like how cartoonish fairyland stuff is.
>>
>>5554135
>>5554179

I bought my first FL recast almost five years ago now and have treasured her endlessly. She's a bit worn, some yellowing, and the resin can be shiny/needs regular sanding to keep it fresh looking. I'd really like the m-line body instead. I'm ready to go legit. Then I see FL quality complaints, and I hold my recast, and all I can think is, is the moral high ground and a box really worth $450?
>>
>>5554179
>Not understanding the difference between reasoning and rationalizing
>>
>>5554184
Have you considered getting an SD13 body?
>>
File: 20140425034155m.jpg (92 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
20140425034155m.jpg
92 KB, 270x270
A naive, probably stupid question: Would it be possible for one to initiate a credit card charge back in this scenario? User buys a doll from FL direct, when received doll has multiple aesthetic faults in the resin like >>5546961, and FL refuses to replace the doll?

I mean, I'm looking at the a-la-carte MNF page right now. Resin in the photos looks smooth and clean. There is a disclaimer that bubbling is possible but FL states it is specific for tan skin, and the doll in that linked picture is WS. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I just feel really awful for people who have spent all that money and are receiving low quality dolls :(
>>
>>5554804

Even if you did issue a charge back with good reason fairyland would probably blacklist you for life.

Fairyland is able to get away with this because they're the hot shit on trend right now and demand is so high. It used to be like that with soom when they were more popular. People used to forgive them for broken parts, missing pieces, miss drilled stringing channels you name it. Then they stopped being so popular and now people actually make a fuss when they fuck up orders.
>>
>>5554845
If you got blacklisted for life, couldn't you order through a dealer instead?
>>
>>5554705
I don't like the SD13 body, it's too childlike
>>
>>5555030
Dollfie Dreams are the only dolls I know of that look great in SD13 clothes. Unfortunately I don't know of any resin dolls that have similar proportions, but I'm sure someone else in the thread will help you out soon.
>>
>>5553159

Coffee looks like it was barely touched since BJDC, and let me tell you...I saw it in person and it is a hot fucking mess of a doll.
>>
>>5555118
Kayke has admitted before she isn't worried about 'smoothing or symmetry' because people will buy it anyway if it's an art doll. lel
>>
>>5554804
doll companies take so long to ship that most orders fall well outside of the time frame to get your money back, so i highly doubt you'd be able to ever to a successful charge back due to flaws.
>>
>>5555190
Hey, she's right.

I'm another anon going to Doll A-Kon. Are her actual faceups bad or is it just her response time that's bad? She's the only faceup artist I know of that can pull off that Instagram model makeup look. Would you guys recommend getting an on-site commission from her since it removes the possibility of taking months to get back to me.
>>
>>5555191
If you go through paypal, sure. But credit card companies will go back years. I've done charge backs on services 2+ years later. I believe they are limited by something like 7 years.
>>
Is incense smoke bad for my bjd ? My roommate uses it a lot and I may be too cautious but just in case of, could someone tell me if incense is 100% safe for doll'skins or not ?
>>
>>5555360
Unlike cigarette smoke, which has nicotine, it won't make it as sticky and yellow. What color is the smoke? White smoke won't discolor your doll, but dark smoke will. The smell will permeate your doll and basically bring it's resale value down to 0.

If they're burning incense to cover other smells, you're going to have a problem, though.
>>
>>5555364
From what I've seen so far it's white-light grey smoke. Nothing special I think, she uses it for her yoga exercises (some indian incense ?) since last week. So I guess it's fine then ? Thank you for the fast answer, I was a bit worried...
>>
>>5555282

Kayke's faceups all depend on her crazy level. When she's feeling good they turn out fine. when she's not they look like total shit.

My guess is that you do not want an onsite faceup from her as she gets very stressed by obligation and her faceups look terrible when she rushes them. On a time crunch like A-kon she is guaranteed to rush them.
>>
>>5555282
Her skill isn't bad (IMO) but they're not to my taste for the most part. I have one doll with a faceup by her and it's from I think four or five years ago.

If you like the aesthetic, I'd say go for it, but her wait times make me really uncomfortable. Like, I get being mentally ill, but it gets a bit ridiculous...
>>
>>5555391
You'll be fine, Anon. I burn incense for religious purposes myself and my dolls won't even retain the smell. Unless you have the stick RIGHT ON THEM, it won't do anything.
>>
>>5555360
If you ever sell your dolls, be sure to disclose that fact. I'm allergic to some incense, and while I don't disapprove of its use, I would rather not get sick.
>>
>>5555360
Is it a good quality, hand rolled resin-based incense, or that shitty stuff you find with the colored glittery ends that's always sold in headshops?

If the latter, that stuff is not good for your lungs, your walls, the ceiling, and pretty much anything that's bathing in it regularly. They're chemical based and produce a shit load of black soot that becomes noticeable over time.
>>
>>5555746
>resin-based incense
skip the middle step
set ya doll on fire
>>
File: 620dollarydoos.png (34 KB, 468x456) Image search: [Google]
620dollarydoos.png
34 KB, 468x456
Is the yen to usd exchange rate gonna suck more if I wait?

According to google it would be $620 if I ordered now.
>>
>>5556414
Tree resins, Anon
>>
>>5555282
Her face-ups are usually very messy in real.
A lot of dirt, specks and paint globs sealed in because she gives no fuck.
Her work is always rushed, messy and thick.

Look at it like that:
it's a con, which is for an anxious snowflake like her pretty stressful as it is.
Now add on people gathering around her booth who want their dolls painted NOW.
She is known for biting off more than she can chew, so she will probably say yes to too many people to get as much money as possible out of them.
A con day only has a few hours, and a face-up that is supposed to look good needs quite a few.
Fuck, I wouldn't even ask a good artist for that because a con environment is just not the place for painting a high-quality face-up.

No matter how you look at it, she will do a shit job on that head.
>>
>>5556525
I'd wait if I were you. Check exchange rate daily for two weeks. It's unusually bad right now, but markets correct daily. I'd say wait for it to get to at least 1 USD = 114 JPY. If you're willing to wait a month I'm 100% positive you can nail an exchange rate of 1 USD = 119+ JPY
>>
>>5556565
l know i'm just being lovably obnoxious

>>5556576
I kind of thought that she would just keep the head/take it home, then mail it back when finished. I mean if it takes her months upon months usually then i don't see how she'll suddenly become un-mentally-ill enough to churn them out every few hours during a con.
>>
>>5556633
Hm, but that wouldn't change anything about her waiting times then, which in turn means there would be no difference between sending her a head/giving her one at the con to take home.

However, her stuff looks also rushed and shitty when she does it at home.
Giving her a head is close to gambling: you either get a rushed job or a really rushed one.
She stopped giving a fuck a long time ago.
>>
>>5556582
I was gonna hold off ordering til end of May.
>>
>>5556920
Good idea. Markets corrected this week which brought the dollar way down.
>>
>>5557053
That sucks. I originally wanted Kizuna in October, but some crap came up and I had to wait. I just hope nothing happens between now and May unless I find an opportunity to buy sooner.
>>
>>5556803
She only cared when she was actually excited about the doll hobby. Now she just views it as a way to make money, and does nothing but brag about how much money and free dolls she gets while continuing to churn out absolute crap. She doesn't even have any interest in refining her sculpting. She makes it just good enough to send off without falling apart just like with her faceups.
>>
>>5557165

And yet people still give her money. Honestly she sounds like she's doing it right.
>>
>>5556576
Yikes. I'm an anxious mess all through Akon and Afest too, but I'm not trying to market myself. I wouldn't try, not with how crowded and noisy the entire place is.
Does she have a booth at Doll Akon?
>>
>>5557507
I'm not sure if she has a booth. The vendor room for Doll A-Kon is very small and preference is given to vendors from previous years. I'm assuming the vendors from last year would be returning considering you have not just a huge part of the DFW community, but the Texas community and surrounding states as well as traffic. I know the vendor room was supposed to be larger this year, but I'm not sure if that means more walking space or more space to sell.
>>
File: 13703919773_b02a545bd1_b.jpg (162 KB, 681x1024) Image search: [Google]
13703919773_b02a545bd1_b.jpg
162 KB, 681x1024
I just went in for a DD Dy Miko. Shell be my first BJD so Im looking forward to the customization aspect. I plan to leave her stock for a little bit before I buy her some new hair and clothes.

What are some good spots for clothes that fit dddys?

I want to keep the clothes fairly simple and light colored to reduce staining.
>>
File: 21754443856_7d0d7dee0b_k.jpg (633 KB, 1362x2048) Image search: [Google]
21754443856_7d0d7dee0b_k.jpg
633 KB, 1362x2048
>>5557576
Kinda like this.
>>
>>5557577
Those stockings will stain and your taste in clothing is bad.

That being said, Volks, Mandarake, and Dollheart are great places for DDdy clothing. Places like Nine9style and Purple Heart also have lines specifically for DDDy, though not ton of outfits.

I recommend checking Mandarake first. They have a shitload of Volks clothing at a huge discount.
>>
>>5557507
I want to say she will have something of a booth like ShadowedForce did.

It's going to be very interesting for Kayke to take commissions, considering most of her stuff is very sameface aside from extra shit, like a random deer tattoo on the temple.
>>
>>5557576
In case you didn't do your research: DDs are not BJDs.
DDs are made of vinyl, not resin, hence the reason they stain so easily.
And instead of having strung together parts they have an internal plastic skeleton.
They are very light, but the staining issue is all too real, try to stick to light and white lined clothes.
For wigs go double and put both a silicone and cloth cap on the head.

Regarding that "outfit": I saw these slutty pullovers on Taobao often but no clue where else people get them.
The stockings will def. stain though.
>>
>>5558813
Adding to that: DDDy are the worst to dress and shop for, reason I sold mine.
You will seldom find nicely fitting clothes for them, most stores that offer DD clothing stick to the smaller sizes and even if you can squeeze them in it often does not look perfect.
>>
>>5557576
There's absolutely dark clothes out there, including stockings, that won't stain. I've had one of my girls wear a pair of black stockings for weeks with no stains at all. It's near impossible to know in advance though but if you have an extra body part (like a spare hand) to test on then you can usually predict if it's going to stain.
>>
>>5558830
Unfortunately they are not the norm though.
Fuck, a lot of the Volks Default outfits stain too.

I had both, stuff that would stain instantly and stuff that would stain after a while.
No matter what, always test first.
It's annoying that you can never dress them up right away with a new outfit and instead have to test a few weeks first at least.
>>
Is there any way to order from Yukidoll from the US? Or would I just have to scope through the secondhand market to get one of their dolls?
>>
>>5558949
It looks like the ship outside of Russia with EMS. Why don't you try shooting them an email and asking? I've never heard of them before but it couldn't hurt to ask.

If you know anyone who is Russian (or even Ukrainian - most of them speak Russian and Polish too) you can always ask them to email in Russian if you think English is pointless.
>>
>>5559023
Oh, thats a relief. I think I I'm gonna just give sending an email in English a shot and see what happens, but if need be I'll just ask my dad for help writing one in Russian. Thanks anon!
>>
File: 1457036610944.jpg (271 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
1457036610944.jpg
271 KB, 864x1296
>>5557854
Thanks for the info. Ill bookmark these. I kinda figured black would do that. So maybe some white leggings...

>>5558813
>>5558818
I was aware of the skeleton, and I saw what look like ball joints so I figured they were but hey, neat. So this makes them structurally more like tall action figures then?

Good advice about the white outfits for sure. Thanks.

I do know that Ddynamites have less selection in clothes but I'll be happy with a couple of outfits so that's not too much of a concern. Also the more buxom proportions are what drew me to them in the first place.

Perhaps it's "slutty" but that outfit highlights the curves of the doll while also being white.
>>
So Chitose might arrive tomorrow.
>>
>>5560080
Congrats, post pics! I'm also waiting for mine but I don't think she'll be here tomorrow.
>>
>>5558813
Would it be okay to topcoat a DD body with Mr Ultra Clear or something like that to protect the vinyl from discolouration?
>>
>>5560303
It wouldn't hurt it and is probably worth a try.
Use the UV cut version.
>>
>>5559715
>So this makes them structurally more like tall action figures then?
Pretty much, with the add-on of being customizable.
It's the reason why many DD owners tend to only own their favourite anime characters next to their figures, statues and whatnot of them, no other dolls.
They are like huge as fuck action figures to them.

DDs are probably often not customized much (like, really customized, not like just changing a wig or an outfit) because of that, unless you take the blank standard heads.

Also dude, as if a boob window pullover with nothing else is the only white thing that could highlight the curves of her body.

>>5560303
Hmm, yes and no.
It would help as a first layer, however, MSC easily stains.
When you see stains on a resin doll they are usually around the upper part of the head, where the wigcap meets the face.
The headcap itself is without stains because it's not sealed.

Sealant of that kind also chips easily and soaks up dirt like woah.
If you plan to handle the doll you will start to see that the MSC tends to get all grimy from too much touching and dark clothes.

It's a bitch to keep it nice and clean looking, that alone is really not worth the tiny bit of extra protection.
Not too mention the work you'll have when you need to remove it once in a while.
>>
How long should I wait before price dropping my doll that's up for sale?
>>
>>5560806
Depends on how motivated you are to move it.
>>
File: 16-03-19-12-02-11-412_deco.jpg (3 MB, 1536x2560) Image search: [Google]
16-03-19-12-02-11-412_deco.jpg
3 MB, 1536x2560
>>5560080
>>5560173
Here she is! I did go ahead and splurge on a top and buttshorts for her though I have no idea if I'm keeping her as Chitose or making an OC.

I'm really happy to have her!
>>
>>5560979
The quality of this on a PC, between the filter and my camera phone is awful. I am so sorry everyone.
>>
>>5560979

she's so cute! i was trying not to be tempted by smart dolls but they're so cute...
>>
>>5560869
I'm really impatient. T'is why I'm asking.
>>
File: yijiy9o.png (526 KB, 535x836) Image search: [Google]
yijiy9o.png
526 KB, 535x836
DC really is crazy now.
http://www.doll-chateau.com/pro_detail.asp?id=463

What the fuck
>>
>>5560979
Fuck she's cute! I'm gonna have to put her higher on my wishlist.
>>
>>5561095
This kind of fucked me up, which is stupid because it's a doll, but holy shit what was Doll Chateau THINKING.
>>
>>5561095
Good fucking lord who over at DC thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>5561095

Without the text it'd be kind of weird but with it I don't even know what to think. I actually had to go the siteam to make sure this was legit.
>>
File: chitose.jpg (223 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
chitose.jpg
223 KB, 1000x1500
>>5560979
She's super cute!

I also got my girl today which was a nice surprise. Here she is with the Choo ad and everything.
>>
>>5561502
>>5560979
Have you guys got any pics from a 3/4 view or any view other than head on? So far the smartdolls i've seen look really cute from the front but strange from other angles, I'm wondering if Choo has gotten any better with his sculpting issues.
>>
>>5561502
Do I need to treat Choo pants to prevent staining?
>>
>>5557854
link to dollheart? Google results are weird.
>>
>>5561629
www.dollheart.com

The first result in google when you type "dollheart"
>>
>>5561632
weird I got misdirected to a weird place holder web page originally.
>>
>>5561634

I've had this happen to me too. I thought dollheart had gone under for a while because if it.
>>
File: chitose2.jpg (280 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
chitose2.jpg
280 KB, 1000x1500
>>5561536
Here you go anon.

>>5561627
Not sure yet, but I don't plan to use these a lot so I might not find out.
>>
>>5561627
Pretty sure that all his stuff is safe for dolls from the getgo. I'll dig around later and see if I can find where he said that to verify though.
>>
>>5561912
I'm pretty sure he said it in his Smart Doll Unboxing video, but I can't watch the whole thing right now to confirm.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458470902390.jpg (52 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458470902390.jpg
52 KB, 528x960
The fucking horror........
>>
>>5562518
Oh god, that's really, really bad.
>>
>>5561634
>>5561654
This is why I was asking about their site in the last thread. The google link is borked for some reason.
>>
>>5562518
This is some "Faces of Meth" grade stuff
>>
>>5562518

why is it that ugly nightmare fuel dolls are always so fucking shiney? This is like a universal rule for eye poison for some reason.
>>
>>5562857
Probably cheap bjds
>>
>>5555282
>only faceup artist I know of that can pull off that Instagram model makeup look
is that an insult? that aesthetic is garbage on people and dolls
>>
>>5562892
Maybe their doll is supposed to be into that scene.
>>
>>5562857
They may have gotten the wrong type of sealer, I know some of the cheap ones you can get at Michael's and stuff are, while safe for BJDs, not matte and thus unflattering.
>>
>>5562857
if you spray MSC too thickly and too close to the doll, it will end up shiny sometimes. it will also have an "orange peel" texture if its sprayed wrong.

another guess is that these cheap fucks sometimes dont seal the dolls at all. cheap doll + painted directly with cheap paint = shiny stained mess of a doll
>>
>>5562892
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I like the look. I can understand why others wouldn't, though. It's excessive.
>>
>>5563136
its not that difficult of a look for any decent faceup artist. its just white/pearlescent shadow with black and heavy eyeliner and eyelashes. literally anyone who isn't shit and has a lot of pearl powder can do it, just find a faceup artist with good reviews and ask them. really, DONT go with kayke, she's not reliable and is clearly a crazy person.
>>
do you guys think this is worth 45 dollars?
>>
>>5563159
This.
There's not much blushing on her face-ups to begin with, it's mostly pearl.
Add some super thick and crusty eyeliner, some messy and angled eyebrows and glossy lips and you are good to go.
I bet you could ask a few of the other artists who make glittery female face-ups and most of them could copy that style easily, just cleaner and with more depth.

>>5563537
Hell no.
Pencils, messy eyebrows, uneven lips.
Maybe 20 bucks, not more.
>>
What are some BJD pet dolls?
I know Iplehouse has some dogs and cats, and there's Eve Studios, but are there any others? In the MSD to SD scale?
>>
>>5563775
Luts is coming out with cats soon.
>>
Old dollfag reporting in.
I used to be in this hobby years ago and left it in favor of other ones, but am looking to get back into it.

I have a few questions
>MSD was always my favorite size, minifees my favorite brand, but seeing the decline of Fairyland makes me cringe and consider recasts. Would any tell me where they got a decent recast?
>Please recommend me any mini sized dolls with non clunky or aesthetically pleasing body molds.
>I'm interested in the soft busted dollfies but never came across them in my time, what are some brands that make them?
>Why the fuck do people on DoA resell old dolls for retail price? I thought that we, as a hobby, would have grown out of this by now.
>>
>>5563853

>implying anything has changed in this shitty hobby since you've left

are you new? oh wait
>>
>>5563537
It looks too messy, so no.
>>
Hello anons.
I have a lot of Monter High and Ever After High dolls, around 40~.
I wanna buy an Obitsu or Azone doll and I was wondering if I can use the clothes from MH or EAH.
Anyone have tried this? Thanks in advance
>>
>>5563853
>recast
No.

Look into Withdoll and Luts Model Delfs for something similar the Minifee aesthetic though. Mint On Card is a dealer for Luts now if that's relevant to you.
>>
>>5563979
Pure Neemo XS and Obitsu 21/23cm bodies can SQUEEZE into MH/EAH (though EAH better) clothing but its a very tight fit and the velcro can't close fully but you can shove them into there and have everything hold together.
>>
>>5564148
Thanks, finally someone answer me.
I'm gonna buy the 23cm one from Parabox.
>>
>>5563853
Buddy don't get recasts. However some mature or mature-ish mini companies with better quality than Fairyland are Withdoll, Asleep Eidolon, maybe Dollpamm, and if Latidoll and Souldoll are still doing mature minis theirs were/are nice.

Soft busted dollfies? I mean, the truly squishy busts for Dollfie Dream are made by Peach Pai and seem to be kind of a pain to order (need to go through a proxy just like buying off Y!J auctions) but apparently the larger busts that Volks offers as regular DD3 and DDdy option parts are a bit squishy by default.
>>
>>5561095
holy fuck what the ever loving thought train did that come from?

>>5563159
>>5562892
>>5555282
what is this 'Instagram model makeup' look you speak of?
>>
>>5542934
>Doll thread.
Hey maybe you guys can help me out, I saw this doll on /a/ once in a buyfag thread. The doll itself, was a kitsune or feline humanoid doll, furry I guess.

Anybody have a clue what that was? Or where to get something like that? I almost imagine its something more specific then "fox doll"
I wanna put it in my collection of Japanese stuff I have got on my trips.
>>
File: bg_mashiro_txt.jpg (305 KB, 708x445) Image search: [Google]
bg_mashiro_txt.jpg
305 KB, 708x445
>>5564297
Only one that comes to my mind and would probably be posted on /a/ is Dollfie Dream Mito Mashiro, picture attached.
She was a limited DD release by Volks.

In case it's not her, can you give a few more details?
Was it female, male?
Very anime-esque face?
Fur ears/tail or made of resin?
>>
>>5564346
This isnt her.

If I remember right, it was a animal doll with human features, it came nude so you could purchase little kemono's for her "I think" she had an animal face, no fur, but was painted like she had fur. Female

Sorry if I sound fuzzy, its 6am and I cant sleep.
>>
File: 14686726473_0c8c22fddc_b.jpg (283 KB, 1000x980) Image search: [Google]
14686726473_0c8c22fddc_b.jpg
283 KB, 1000x980
>>5564350
Hmm, okay, that's a totally different direction.
Your best bets might be:
DearMine (picture attached, but they have all kinds of different animals, sizes and looks)
Pipos
Hujoo Freya (most likely?)
and maybe Luts Zuzu Delf

Here are some links:
http://www.dearminedoll.com/?sl=DE
http://www.hujoo.kr/shop/step1.php?number=2593 (not made of resin, thus very cheap)
http://piposland.com/index.php
http://dec712241.gdreamweb.com/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20101202056746
>>
>>5564365
Adding: Just saw that the Freya is shown wearing a Kimono, so I guess that's what you look for?
If yes you are lucky, they are pretty cheap and easy to get. No clue if the Kimono can be bought though.
Here's a link to an US shop:
http://www.junkyspot.com/hujoo24.html
>>
File: 1454843773212.jpg (14 KB, 204x256) Image search: [Google]
1454843773212.jpg
14 KB, 204x256
>>5564365
Holy shit anon you are my HERO!
>$348 for the one I wanted.
WEWLAD!

But anon, you are my hero, thank you!
>>
>>5564373
Ha, no problem, glad I could help.
Which one of them was the right one now?
I honestly expected it to be the Hujoo Freya, but she's not 348$.
>>
>>5564377
http://www.dearminedoll.com/oz-festival.html

passin out anon.
>>
>>5564379
>http://www.dearminedoll.com/oz-festival.html

Man, what a cutie. Unfortunately he's limited and sold out, but they regulary make nice releases.

Sleep tight, anon
>>
So I comissioned an Aliexpress bjd tailor to make me an outfit. I liked their examples and welp, 90 bucks later they clearly outsouced to someone else who would do it for Chinese slave labor wages and it looks like complete shit. This is what I get for not using Taobao clothing makers through an agent, I guess.
>>
>>5563990
>>5564186
Model lets and Withdoll are both gorgeous, thanks for those suggestions! I'm also in love with Dollpamm's loli body but I'm sure it's impossible to find clothes for. Thanks for the help /toy/!
>>
File: 1448683320526.png (1 MB, 600x1170) Image search: [Google]
1448683320526.png
1 MB, 600x1170
>>5562857
They probably get to the store like:
>they said testors will seal it!
>no dullcote
>sees glossy version
>idk the difference, this should work anyway!
Or like the other anon said, probably painted on directly. I bought a doll from someone that did that once and it was a nightmare to get that shit off.

>>5563105
I doubt they have enough money for MSC since their dolls look like they're from Mirodoll.

>>5564379
Dearmine has some super cute dolls, and I've not heard any horrible feedback about them.

>>5564478
Not bjd, but it reminds me of Milanoo, who would make atrocities that looked nothing like their stock photos for Lolita newbs.
>>
>>5564240
like this. overdone, bobbleheaded mess.
>>
>>5564680
In other words, a Bratz doll.
>>
>>5564680
I really hate this "paint on your eyebrows" trend in makeup. I thought we got over this in the 90's when goth started to go out of fashion.
>>
File: kleincrew you retarded fuck.png (214 KB, 631x777) Image search: [Google]
kleincrew you retarded fuck.png
214 KB, 631x777
Jesus fuck, how can you be this dumb?
>>
>>5564732
at that fucking point they need to just invest in a damn airbrush and use liquitex or vallejo to seal. if you have that many dolls coming in you can spare some cash for an airbrush to paint them.
>>
>>5564737
But anon~ her new dolls have been "gifts", she swears! Probably with the money she's taken from customers a year ago and not sent their goods to. She changed her tumblr name and there are already people asking about her selling her corsets [spoilers]that they will never get[/donotfunctionhere]
>>
Wow much excitement.

Im gonna take some awesome photos and make her look beautiful with new outfits and hair.

Maybe Ill take some photos of her taking photos.
Do you guys know where they sell scale cameras?

If you cant tell shell be my first doll but Ive collected bishoujo figures for a while so Im pretty ready.
>>
>>5564838
Congrats to your first!
Just saying, unless your figures were 60cm big, made of vinyl and fully posable and customizable I doubt you can really compare that.
But DDs are pretty easy going, just stay away from dark clothes/non white-lined clothes and use two caps to prevent wig stains and you are good.
If you need parts to pimp her, try Coolcat.
I especially love their neck piece, makes posing the head way easier.

Regarding the camera: search for USB cameras. Canon released several of their models as tiny version, they are probably the best you can get. Even come with a strap that looks like the real deal.
Else you can find cheaper, not that pretty, other cameras too with this term.
>>
File: hoshii.jpg (110 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
hoshii.jpg
110 KB, 540x675
>>5564838
There are some small gashapon cameras, but the other anon's suggestions are great too!

I also second the CoolCat stuff. When I had a DD-06, the body I had bought had been modded with an S-hook to accommodate resin heads, so I was able to make it compatible with DDs again with their neck piece. It's metal, rather than the plastic the default has, so it's naturally sturdier.
>>
>>5564478
Yikes. Pics?
If it was a cosplay type thing, for future commissions I recommend Beyond Wonderland.
>>
>>5564732

I lost my shit when I saw she had scarified kingdom Hearts symbols onto her arms. I mean holy shit that's the ultimate cringe!
>>
>>5564874
I am too embarrassed by how godawful it looks to post it anywhere, desu. It was indeed an animoo trash cosplay, and I did consider Beyond Wonderland, but was trying to stay under 150usd shipped.
>>
>>5564889
Her trans husband also legally changed his name from Rachel to Marluxia, so they kinda deserve each other anyway in their weebery.

>BUT HEY, NEVERMIND CABIN PRESSURE PROBLEMS THAT CAN CAUSE AEROSOL CANS TO BURST, I WANNA DO FACEUPS.

Like anon said, she needs to just do airbrush route. There are other NZ hobbyists out there that exhibit an ounce more patience.

sage for my rage
>>
File: 1434570701641.gif (488 KB, 390x219) Image search: [Google]
1434570701641.gif
488 KB, 390x219
>>5564904
her husband is trans? how did she get accidentally pregnant??
>>
>>5564908
how do you think.
>>
>>5564908
They're poly with a third person or something (or at least were, I haven't paid attention to her since kleincrew days)
>>
>>5564894
Oof.
This is why I've tried to not go with my second/third choice bc of price reasons unless I'm totally sure a good result will be forthcoming; if you aren't happy with what you get, then it doesn't really matter that you saved money.
>>
>>5564540
Milanoo makes (or at least used to make) doll shit too, funnily enough I don't think I've ever heard from anyone buying them though. They were mostly Volks fullset knockoffs. I can't find any of it on their site now, all that comes up is some shitty cosplay, a deeply disturbing Chibi Moon pillow, and a blow up doll.
>>
>>5564990
wow. I was thinking they had a donor...no comment
>>
>>5564904

How do you have a Trans husband named marluxia, poly relationship, kindomhearts scarification and still constantly complain about how 'feminists have gone to far!"

I used to think Klein was just annoying and now I realised she's legitimately crazy.
>>
File: image3.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I really wish this place hadn't been covered in graffiti, it was otherwise absolutely gorgeous for photos.
>>
File: image7.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image7.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5565034
Also fuck these were all right side up when I posted. I'm not even posting from mobile. What the fuck.
>>
>>5565037
This shot is adorable as fuck.
>>
>>5564908
from holy spirit
>>
After reading some shit online, I decided to paint up a WS Obitsu head to be Serena from Pokemon. Rooted it with alpaca and painted it and shit. On someone else's recommendation I bought a WS pure neemo body. Turns out, the set doesn't match at all. I find her charming, but I'm super upset this doesn't work at all.
>>
>>5565644
That's a pretty clean paintjob, anon. She looks like she's seen some shit-- maybe make her iris closer to her top lid or add a little light grey shading under the top eyelashes would make it perfect. It looks good to me overall, though. The paint consistency isn't gloppy, and I appreciate that. I like how the reroot turned out as well!

Damn. I was thinking of getting a NS Pure Neemo body for my Parabox Kay head, but it looks like I'll have to do more research. I broke her Obitsu body the other day (It's probably 12+ years old now anyway) by stepping on her when she fell off my desk. I feel like a Tyrannosaurus Rex full of a regret.
>>
So I'm not sure what got me on this train of thinking, but are there any Junkyspot veterans here? I remember there being a constant trail of drama on their forums.
>datumzine getting free shit constantly despite her faceups being crooked as fuck
>kikichan one-upping every one every time talk turned to faceup techniques
>fierawhatthefuckever always being incredibly broke (to the point of not being able to afford soap) but wouldn't get a job, wouldn't stop playing WoW, or stop buying dolls
>fucking mortathero and the petsha drama (HE HAD IT THE WHOLE TIME)
>that josh guy that swore he had come across an estate sale with "hundreds" of bjds for $1000
>some kind of furry drama but the details are, well, fuzzy
>what the fuck was up with that old lady with the mice dolls
>Junkyspot STILL hasn't sold all those shittastic Mercedes Lackey bonnets
feel free to add
>>
>>5564889
I demand pics. Or links, whatever mate
>>
>>5565905
I remember because I was mortathero and now that I'm an adult I am so ashamed of myself.
>>
>>5565936
Motherfucker if you didn't send that shit back yet I will fly over there and slap your ass.

Also holy shit I didn't realize its been that long holy shiiiiit
>>
>>5565939
I was planning on keeping it at first but I did send it back maybe a month after I got it. I should have sent it back right away or given her the money. I can't believe it's really been 6 or 7 years now either, I can't remember which.
>>
>>5565943
>but I did send it back maybe a month after I got it
...Funny, I distinctly remember this being an argument in chat that you had it a considerable amount of time after the transaction, like over a year after that you actually admitted to having it. I also remember you trying to blame your issues over you not getting enough attention. Its a pity that Den of Demons is still down, because there were chatlogs posted to their thread about you.
>>
>>5565956
It actually took six months to arrive. I can't really remember how long I kept it after the fact. There are a lot of specific details I don't remember about everything that went down, mostly I remember that I humiliated myself and I feel sorry for everyone that had to deal with my behavior especially the poor girl that actually sold me the doll. Having had more (positive) experience in both buying and selling I can't imagine what kind of hell she must have been going through, especially with such a high price item. I'd like to apologize to her if I could but I doubt she'd even want to hear it at this point and I wouldn't know how to get a hold of her either.
>>
>>5565936
dear lord your problem transactions thread is a mess.... but also a good read
>>
>that josh guy that swore he had come across an estate sale with "hundreds" of bjds for $1000

Was this Seiji-kun or whatever, under one of their like 5 aliases? Them and their weird Asian fetish and stealing cosplay photos and cosplayer identities and posting their "wolf-dogs" and oodles of "cheap Goodwill find!11!" Volks SDs in swastika shirts.

Memory is fuzzy but I remember the moment they offered to start doing faceup commissions or something, I was among the people that got them banned and their info/IP posted before they even did anything, and while I felt mild shame about it a few years down the road, fuck they were a scam mess waiting to happen.

Anyway, yep I was there. I was also 14 and an idiot. Good times.
>>
>>5566014
No it was some much older man who had a name like joshman or joshdoll or something, mostly active in the chat room? I remember something about him being in some local tv spot where he mentioned ordering from JS so it got posted all over the site.

I think I joined shortly after Seiji, though I do remember something about them saying they were recasting Volks heads for faceup practice and it was totally ok because they were doing it for personal use. Also that years later the girl behind it tried to send a message to Emory asking if she could come back, though that might have been a different fakeboi asian fetish. There were a fucking lot of them circa 2006.
>>
>>5566033
Just googled, definitely was Joshdoll. There's a Bad Dolly Deals page on him. He was involved in a theft/super uneven trade with someone that was done via JS. An older Iplehouse limited doll for a tiny, a shitty catalog order baby doll (which both arrived damaged) and cash that never got sent since he 'didn't have a paypal' and somehow his money orders just never made it through.
>>
>>5566049
My mistake. I stopped frequenting JS around '08, so I missed this set of vintage drama.

Read the BDD on him, and am sad to see it happened to Carol. I know I bought some stuff or did trades with her on more than one occasion (what it was for, though, is completely beyond me) and I distinctly remember she always included really cute and nice soap and scent satchel things as a gift.
>>
>>5566059
Carol was so sweet! Though I think she dropped out of the hobby, or at least that site, right around this time. Can't really blame her, it was a really drawn out mess and I don't remember JS doing anything to block the guy from the site either.
>>
>>5565905
vaguely remember this all though mostly lurked...my god, the persecution complexes. What happened to that australian kid? in retrospect he was friendly and sane, hope he's doing ok.
>>
>>5566033
>they were recasting Volks heads for faceup practice and it was totally ok because they were doing it for personal use
This actually WAS considered ok back in the era when the only real "recast companies" were incredibly shitty ones like Lolidoll and nobody ever seriously imagined there would be such indistinguishble copies available to the point they would majorly affect the hobby.

Freaking Nanyalin used to do this even.
>>
>>5565936
>>5565977
...did you seriously accuse the seller of hacking into your paypal and cancelling the claim? Well, that's a new one.
>>
>>5566104
>I don't remember JS doing anything to block the guy from the site either.
It was...not a well-moderated forum.
Emory was like the predecessor to Danny Choo. Not nearly as bad, and much much less of an ~oppai kawaii waifu~ hangup (that would, uh, that would be K2's department, but that guy is hard to resent, he's fairly honest about his fondness of tits-n-ass and seems to have the solution to every possible vinyl doll problem), but...the palling around with his customers, building not just a business rep but a 'community' of like-minded collectors who were buying from him, encouraging a view of other forums and sellers as being elitist/stuck-up, a general seediness...
>>
>>5566131
I did. I thought she had at the time because I was actually stupid enough to type the password to the account in part of the claim form. I guess later I just couldn't find the claim at some point or something so I said that she had hacked it or something. I could probably remember more details if I went and read the thread but I don't know if I can take reading through my 12 year old sperg-out posts without exploding.
>>
File: 1451659816927.jpg (614 KB, 1120x1680) Image search: [Google]
1451659816927.jpg
614 KB, 1120x1680
>>5566192
i think the true moral of this thread is don't sell to minors
>>
File: 220320166869.jpg (504 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
220320166869.jpg
504 KB, 750x1000
>>5566121
>What happened to that australian kid? in retrospect he was friendly and sane, hope he's doing ok
Lol I'm still alive and doing doll things, I just mostly stay out of the BJD community now because it's such an emotionally unhealthy environment.
I've moved out of home, have a stable relationship and living situation, don't fucking hate my family as much because of said moving out and generally am doing a lot better than I was when I was 14 on the forums and fucking up like a shithead so thanks for thinking of me lol.
>>5564838
If you search up "Camera Keychain" on Ebay then set it from price lowest you'll find some pretty high detailed cheap ass cameras in 1/3 scale.

DSLR model:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Bk-SLR-Camera-Toy-Keychain-Keyring-Flash-Torch-Decor-Carabiner-B-/141366322792?hash=item20ea16e668:g:OFwAAOSw37tWC7Da
Vintage style Flash Camera:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Keyring-Camera-Keychain-Gift-Flash-Light-Cute-Toy-Voice-/281952641053?hash=item41a5afe01d:g:o3QAAOSwYlJW19SQ
Vintage Style Double Lens
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Vintage-P-Camera-Toy-Keychain-Flash-Torch-Decoration-Carabiner-B-/161384008826?hash=item25933c8c7a:g:pH8AAOSwFnFWC7Df

The shipping takes kind of long but it's literally under $5 each so yeah.

>see pic related for scale
>>
> all these former 12 and 14 year olds doing business online

what the fuck? where were your parents? how the hell were you little shits involved in such an expensive hobby? so glad i've never had to deal with kids at any point, i guess i'm lucky.
>>
>>5566249
> all these former 12 and 14 year olds doing business online
Apparently those kids and their parent's credit cards are the main paying customers of all those free online games...
>>
>>5566235
Oh! Well, that's good. You aren't mentathero are you because I don't think I meant you, there might have been another Australian kid. I remember he was gay and had a lot of doll shoes. Glad you're doing well too and not fuckin up tho.

>>5566271
I was 15 around this time and what I did was save up petsitting money for several months and then ask my dad to put the money in his own bank account and paypal subsequently +use it to get me a bobobie from junkyspot. I mean, saving up the cost of a BJD when you're a high schooler and don't have living expenses is easier than as a broke college student or bill-paying adult.
>>
>>5566314
Lol no I'm kd_230692 and yeah I still am gay and still have lots of doll shoes.
>>5566249
Lol I mostly bought the 1/6th customizable figures like Obitsu/Volks when I was 14 so it's an entirely different ball park of prices especially since doing chores and not paying for rent/bills did help me get the money for what I wanted.
I got my first 1/3 Obitsu when a person in Australia was selling a full Obitsu + head for $100 when I was 16 though and a lot of the forum members gave me their unwanted doll stuff cuz they knew me.
>>
Has anyone heard about Dollsquare? I'm tempted to go through them for the IoS event as I have confirmatuon that they are an offical dealer, but since they opened 2 weeks ago, they have no feedback.
Of course I'll be paying through Paypal so if things get weird I could still get my money back, but I'd miss the IoS event.

Or if any UKfriend can tell me about import taxes in UK? What bugs me is that their prices are "too goid to be true", as usually European dealer are ~20% more expensive than company prices because of shipping to Europe + VAT, but maybe you there's a way to avoid these fees in the UK or something?
>>
>>5566331
>yeah I still am gay and still have lots of doll shoes.
lmao. i'd forgotten ur screenname but yep you were the person in question, good on ya dude.
>>
>>5565857

Thanks. I was going to work on it, but now I'm totally flabbergasted by the color. I can't really airbrush the head with the paint job/reroot still there, I don't have enough hair to redo it or do another head. I fucking don't want to repaint those eyes. I guess I can try to blush onver top of it, but that could go real fucking bad too. I'm all-around disappointed in the whole project, I just wanted a quick and qt neemo based on pokemon. I guess the NS Obitsu heads will match the WS Neemo better? I think? I can't find any resources online that help.
>>
>>5566359
Actually you could probably get away with a mismatch if you just blush her cheeks a rosy pink since I find a lot of heads tend to be lighter than their bodies after 50 layers of MSC, but the blush tricks the eye into think its a closer match. Blushing the chin and nose too would distract the direct connection of the head with the neck but those areas are easier to fuck up if you're a novice.
Also my two PN white bodies match my white Obitsu really well? I found in the last 5 ish years Obitsu switched their formula to be different and Pure Neemo is made in the same factory so your doll head could just be super old stock you bought :/
But yeah the match doesn't look too off? Just dont dress her in white or pink clothing since that highlights the difference in colours.
>>
>>5565857
>I feel like a Tyrannosaurus Rex full of a regret.
iktf...

>>5566359
>>5566370
Other anon is right, blushing the head will cover it up nicely and it really doesn't look too bad. Alternatively, you said you had an airbrush, so if you wanted you could just solidly paint the neck lighter which might be 'easier'...though the mismatch would show if you posed her hands next to/near her face...
>>
File: tumblr_nvxsux04wn1unkbmho2_1280.jpg (54 KB, 1030x576) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvxsux04wn1unkbmho2_1280.jpg
54 KB, 1030x576
>>5566370
>>5566375

Fuck, maybe it was old stock then. the PN body came from Amazon, and the head from junkyspot I believe. I did see Andreja? making NS heads for WS bodies I think? It's really hard to find good info on this. I don't want to start over, but I'm afraid that the blushing won't make a very cohesive design re: the reference. I guess I will work on that later... between the head and more alpaca it would be a $30-40 throw down for another stupid little head, and this project just rises in cost for a stupid little project.

>white and pink
too bad that's the character's signature colors. :/
>>
>>5566387
Well if you just get white pastel and blush the neck and hands you could lighten the body and not mess with the head design since pure neemo bodies are porous as hell and suck up pigment easily.
Otherwise just slap a fucking neckerchief or scarf or turtleneck on her cuz the difference isn't that awful?
And yeah I think most of Junkyspot's Obitsu shit is years and years old since it's cheaper buying Obitsu stuff from Mimiwoo or Ebay and Emory is fucking difficult to get a response from if you need verification on issues...
>>
>>5565920

Here you go.
>>
Ayyy, she does look better as chocolate.

Those messy-ass hands, tho... her sculpting progress pictures actually looked better. Guess Haru couldn't perform miracles after that one hand broke in transit.
>>
>>5566535
What the fuck, how. I mean I've self harmed in the past but not fucking Kingdom Hearts. What the actual fuck that's stupid. I thought tumblr couldn't get any worse.
>>
>>5566686
It's a form of tattoo scarring, she didn't do it herself.
>>
>>5566686
Damn, it does look better in dark tan but it's so lumpy and asymmetrical overall. And I've still never seen this doll stung naked standing up. Could have been worse, but it's just good enough to make me sad she didn't spend a bit more time actually refining it.
>>
>>5566646
I like her knee joint design, don't think I've seen a doll with something similar.
I wish it wasn't so lumpy and unrefined.
>>
>>5566712
Aaahahahahaha I think you meant to reply to >>5566646 but this reads hilariously as a burn on kleincrew's husband

>>5566686
It's not self harm, it's like an alternative to traditional ink tattoos. But yeah, still stupid.
>>
>>5566781
You mean making the kneecap entirely sculpted and a part of the shin? I've seen a few dolls do it and it always makes a really 'pointy' effect whenever the leg joint is actually being used, unfortunately, though it does look nice when the leg is straight. Am also curious to see a picture of the doll completed.
>>
So today, anons, was a good day.

I was at Kohl's, buying some things and I thought to myself "I should look at luggage, because I need a better way to transport my dolls than the box I have." (My box can hold two MSDs max).

So I go back there, everything is disgustingly expensive, even on sale (I mean, of course it is, it's luggage), but then-- there's this one lone suitcase in the corner. Perfect size. Can't find anymore of them. It says $159.99 but since there's no more and they're all on SOME kind of sale, I hope that this thing is like, $70 or something. Either way, I'm curious, so I take it to the price scanner.

$15.99

I scan it again, still $15.99.

I buy it, because holy shit, and then I realize the zipper is broken. Well, that explains the price. I get home, do some research, grab some pliers and as of now, this thing is good as new and ready for doll adventures.
>>
Reading about the "vintage" shenanigans makes me so glad I didn't get into the hobby in 2007-8 when I first came across it.

Aside from how cringeworthy all of my animu husbandos would have been, I did not have the temperament to deal with internet criticism at all. And that was as a 19/20 year old.
>>
>>5567280
to be fair that was the same era where bjd drama was almost fucking cartoony and it was great being part of den of demons
>>
>>5567280
>>5567344
Yeah there was less tumblr-community-style sniping and character assassination and more OUTBIRK PUT MY FIRE IN THE WOOD and gutterface painting her doll with period blood and someone accidentally getting access to the DoA mod-only subforum and posting screencaps (which weren't terribly interesting but still, lol) and, like, silliness. Also pretty much everyone's characters were bishie vampires and anime men and dumb shit like that so you wouldn't have been remotely judged for your husbandos.
For a good idea of what it was like go read the Pigfie photostories, which are still hilarious ten years later:
http://www.darkwoodwandering.com/photostories/pigfieframeset.htm

Hobby drama is more plentiful these days but a lot less...interesting. It's just kind of sad and depressing. Like, watching Kayke post about her friends pissing on the floor or kleincrew scam people out of $$$ isn't very funny it's just kind of gross and sad (mind you we had scammers back then too that hasn't changed)

>>5567212
nice get anon!
>>
>>5567280
>I did not have the temperament to deal with internet criticism at all
Oh but anon you would have fit right in at Jspot/13Doll. Bigger hugboxes than DoA. I'm so glad 13Doll's members transferred to DolliehSanctuary, because as cringey as it still is at least the owner is a pretty solid bitch (I mean this in the best way) and will usually put a stop to the dumbest shit like DoA bashing and doll/character "copy" drama.
>>
>>5567574
That's good because my god the JS forums and 13doll had such a hate-on for DoA and sooo much griping about how discriminated-against they were. I honestly think they're responsible for the hobby wide trend of BBB/other cheap dolls' owners thinking that everyone else is out to get them
>>
>>5567610
I don't think, I know theyre responsible because JS was the first American importer of the cheap ass dolls and everyone getting a BBB Ariel or whatever the elf MSD girl was. Mixed with the whole hugbox, "reverse-elitist" attitude and anti DoA thing it was a huge catalyst for that shit.
Plus then it got fucking ridiculous about posting only dolls you bought from JS and not just the brands he sold, but actual fucking dolls you bought from him personally. The other store exclusives from Denver Doll or Mimiwoo was banned even if they were the same brand.

I stopped buying from him after he changed the international shipping options so it defaulted to the most expensive option ($30 was the minimum amount to ship a wig or eyes) and you needed to email him to get a cheaper option. And this was when he was fucking swamped so you needed to put in the right keywords for him to even look at your email

I mean yeah I spent a lot of time growing up on those forums, but I do think the hugboxing and deflection of criticism and general mob mentality fucking warped me and I really cringe looking back on it.
>>
It's so weird to read of all this drama as someone who came in 2008, but wasn't in this part of the hobby (not from the US, only intl. forum I was into was DoA).

Shows how much shit is happening in this hobbyyou might never see, and how different a community can be when you just change a little thing.
We didn't have something like Junkspot, and the cheapest resellers here offered was DZ.

>>5567569
>Hobby drama is more plentiful these days but a lot less...interesting.

Something like OUTBIIIIRK or Gutterface was drama that created itself, people were just batshit and thus were talked about.

Nowadays the ones who create the drama are the ones watching, not the ones who actually do something that might be drama-worthy.
People see something that rubs them the wrong way and boom, you get a confession on Tumblr.
During ye olde DoD times you had to post that shit with your name and people would chew you out if it was nothing worth talking about.

Not to mention that most of the drama has already been there. It's hard to shock people anymore, and just fugly dolls don't cut it anymore.
>>
/toy/, could I have some advice on a petty & selfish matter?

Is it time to sell your dolls and walk away when you start to feel bitter & jealous about this hobby? I'm finding myself unable to feel excitement or joy for any of my friends when they announce a new purchase or layaway. Just a gross bitter envy bubbles up. Sometimes anger too. I don't like being that person.

Here is a nice picture to make up for my pity party shitpost.
>>
>>5568023
Are these friends you only see posting online and announcing purchases online? If so, turn off your computer and go enjoy your dolls. If you still find no joy whatsoever, then maybe you should consider selling them.

A study was done in 2014 that found that people who spend >= 20 minutes a day reading their facebook feed were more depressed than people who didn't. I think you're suffering from the same affliction.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.