[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real talk /toy/ Turning 30 and just got married. Should I sell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 32
File: 9a2e91c6.gif (374 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
9a2e91c6.gif
374 KB, 500x375
Real talk /toy/

Turning 30 and just got married.

Should I sell my toys and start collecting "grown-up" stuff? Something like shoes and watches? Just bought my first nice watch and I'm toying with the idea of collecting watches instead.
>>
File: ymw4s-1.jpg (181 KB, 593x499) Image search: [Google]
ymw4s-1.jpg
181 KB, 593x499
>>5562657
Real talk, I also turn 30 this month.

Watches are shit. You look like a square idiot or overpriveleged shitter with a watch nowadays.

I got back into LEGO in 2102, and have shared the hobby with my daughter. We build shit together and play and swoosh and shot. My wife lets me display certain sets on the living room (I had the entire LoTR collection up, now it's Nexo Knights), as long as I do it tastefully.

She bought me a nice minifig display board to hang up also.

Long story short there's no reason to feel like you should ever stop being a kid or force yourself to shut down the playful and imaginitive side of yourself.

It sounds like you just need a kid if you don't have one already. It's the perfect excuse/cover.
>>
>Not planning for kids and having a diverse enough collection to support any playstyle
Disgusting
>>
>>5562657
Dont stop buying toys because "society" tells you too. Fuck watchs and shoes, if you still want to buy figures then fucking go for it man. Shit, i just got a bag of junkie but rare figures from some redneck lady the other day, and im as giddy as a little school girl. Yet im your typical NEET. Theres nothing to be ashamed of about liking toys.
>>
>>5562659
What kind of Lego do they sell, future anon?
>>
>>5562662
>toy multiculturalism
Shouldnt jin be throwing a shitfit right about now?
>>
>>5562657
sell anything embarrassing, keep nostalgia, keep some of the stuff that you don't really care about and give them to your kids. That said, My grandparents had 3 shelves of disney figurines in their house until the day they died, there is literally nothing wrong with our hobby
>>
>>5562665
>jinposting
Makes you just as bad as him, newfag.
>>
>>5562657

>collecting watches when your cell phone can do the exact same thing

You're making a poor decision to backup on. I'm almost 31 and I could care a less what people generally think about my hobbies.
>>
>>5562675
>I could care a less

Stop saying this.

It implies you care at least enough that you could care less.

"I couldn't care less" is the phrase you're looking for.
>>
>>5562657
This sounds like you just collect because you think you need to collect something.

Did you ever think that this is not a must?
Instead of collecting you can try a lot of other hobbies too, like sports, crafting, cooking or whatever.

Ask yourself, why do you collect?
Why do you collect toys?
If you have fun collecting toys then that's all it needs. Don't start collecting watches or shoes because you think it's more mature.
Collect them because you really are interested in having a collection of them, not because you feel pressured to get a more "mature" collection.
>>
>>5562657
>got married

Keep your toys senpai. You're going to need them in a few years when your wife gets bored and decides to start cucking you. After she leaves and demands child support then you can sell them to support her and your child's new dad Tyrone.
>>
>>5562664
Holo-Legos...or holegos
>>
I always imagined if I got married I'd sell my toys and buy a bitchin' car.

Then begin to rebuild my toy collection.
>>
>>5562665
>implying I meant multiculturalism
>Forcing your child to have the exact same taste as you in toys, regardless of whether they like vehicles, action figures, dolls, building, or roleplay
You're gonna be shit.
>>
Dont bother selling anything. Chances are she will fuck somebody else and leave you within a year.
>>
>>5562657
collecting watches, what the fuck?
I'm 30, married, and my 8 month old boy is rolling around making farty noises in the playpen behind my chair right now, why am I even commenting on this?
I've got a dino riders t-rex in the mail and other toys on pre-order. That being said, I AM currently selling other items that I don't want/have room for any longer.

Watches? What the fuuuuuuck. Lame as shit. Did you ever like your hobby, or were you always in the closet ashamed of it?
>>
>>5562657
Collect whatever you like best however take caution just selling your old toys, if you hold sentimental value don't let go of them, even if in storage there is always a future where you pull them out dust them off and remember getting them/playing with them.

I'm 32 and I've been married 9 years and while I don't collect toys to any extreme like I did in the past every now and then I pick up one that sticks out. Really most of my toys I get now are gifts from my wife on holidays or just special surprises.
>>
>>5562657

I had two big tubs of toys from my childhood in my basement for a while before I got the idea of throwing away half of them.

I've regreted it ever since.
>>
>>5562847
>collecting watches, what the fuck?
Adults?
>>
My butt smells like poop
>>
>>5562895
I know literally zero people who collect watches. The idea It reeks of "trying" to be an adult.

Enjoying toys is more honest, it's seen as childish, which makes people want to avoid in order to *appear* mature, but it's actually the people who can see past that and embrace a hobby that brings them nostalgia and honest enjoyment without being concerned about onlookers. That being said, any collection can become an eyesore/source of embarrassment if it's not curated properly.

LOL. Watches. I mean, maybe I could see collecting old pocket watches or rare antique timepieces, but buying new watches is almost as retarded and folks who collect basketball sneakers.
>>
>>5563014
>but buying new watches is almost as retarded and folks who collect basketball sneakers.
Oh, let me guess, you're white~
>>
Unless you make seven figures don't bother collecting watches.
Maybe six figures if it's above 500k.
Watches aint no joke son.
>>
I have a friend I work with that collects watches. He does it for the sole purpose of trying to land chicks. They don't even look nice ether, just huge clunky metal shards of ugly that have left his hand scarred up due to sliding around.

He thinks spending huge amounts makes him desirable? Maybe to gold diggers.
Mind you he collects mens perfume to
>>
>>5563024
what, are most sneaker collectors black? Cuz I've seen plenty of white dudes chasing them, my town even has a store dedicated to it and we have a black population of like 2.5 people.
>>
>>5563042
>collects watches
>collects perfume

jesus christ, i would avoid this guy like the plague, how artificial is his personality?
>>
>>5562847
>>5563042
Watches are jewellery. Or at least that's the place where do you find them in most departmental stores. And as such, watches are a status symbol, specially now that we have cellphones. Having a nice watch isn't entirely pointless if projecting a nice image is part of the job or something. A lawyer, or sales representatives falls into this category.

Personally, I don't have many watches, and I think I have spend three times more money in toys than watches, but I get why some people would have more than one.
>>
You either:
care too much what people think of you
Or
You know deep down their is something you do not like another yourself and are attempting to cause a change that will make you like "you" more.
>>
>>5563055
>about yourself*

Seriously. Though...most people I'll aski this out of insecurity and not legitimacy. You gave no decisive reasoning for why you feel it's a need other than "being more adult" so I would assume it's insecurity and fear driving your inquiry
>>
>>5563014
if they're in it for the clockwork mechanisms, I could understand. Otherwise they're just a poser.
>>
>>5562657
Just buy one $100k+ watch.

Or an aviator G-Shock.

Only "adult" thing worth collecting are classic cars.
>>
>>5562795
It was a joke man. Calm down. Aslong as they dont play with skylanders trash or sonic toys, im good with whatever.
>>
Scaling it back might be okay, but denying it completely is a bad idea.
If you feel that you need to collect something that might be considered "adult", try guns.
They have a use, interesting history, and their value only rises.
>>
File: endangered rhino collection.jpg (247 KB, 996x890) Image search: [Google]
endangered rhino collection.jpg
247 KB, 996x890
if you haven't sold your crap by now, there's no pointing in selling it.

also
>having a watch collection
Might as well have a dildo or earring collection.
Faggoty fashion concerns.

If you want to have an accepted adult male collection, it's either golf clubs, guns, or fishing gear.
>>
File: lebronsneks.jpg (173 KB, 1024x632) Image search: [Google]
lebronsneks.jpg
173 KB, 1024x632
>>5563053
>And as such, watches are a status symbol, specially now that we have cellphones. Having a nice watch isn't entirely pointless if projecting a nice image is part of the job or something. A lawyer, or sales representatives falls into this category.
An entirely outdated view, like fedoras.
Watch collections used to be big back before 2000s, but it's slowly dying out. I remember in the 90s there were a ton of gimmicky shit that was either beautiful or fuckugly, and going to the watch sections or the tiny watch magazines they have today, it makes me a little sad to see there aren't as many designs for them anymore.
They're only around today for fashion's sake and it's pretty faggoty to care about that shit. Fucking pointless and only old guys care, so have fun with that lemonparty if that's your thing.

>>5563051
>>5563024
sneaker collections are ghetto. It's what poorfags can afford to signify their status symbol. It's basically the /toy/ equivalent to overpriced japanese toys.
>>
>>5563077
>cars
>worth collecting
>>
>>5563486
>An entirely outdated view, like fedoras.
>Watch collections used to be big back before 2000s, but it's slowly dying out.
but none of that is true.
>>
>>5563461
>>5563359
jesus h christ...fucking gun tards. You morons are why everyone in america has one (you think it makes you a badass).
Do you also drive over-sized trucks/suv's?
>>
File: i-love-lucy-163990_400_316.jpg (23 KB, 320x253) Image search: [Google]
i-love-lucy-163990_400_316.jpg
23 KB, 320x253
>>5563507
Like i said, there used to be a far larger collection of watches you could buy back in the 90s.
All trying to be unique little snowflakes, even within the same brand.

The selection today is far tinier and shows that it's slowly dying off.
You can go outside and count with one hand all the guys you'll see with watches on their wrist, almost all of them being old.

I remember back in my day in grade school, all the kids had watches, with the calculator ones being the coolest. You won't see that shit anymore, unless the iWatch catches on.
>>
>>5563486
post your classy collection subjectanon
>>
>>5563533
Why do guns trigger you so much?
>>
>>5562657
watches are for fags. the only people who own watches are over 70
>>
>>5563533
Move to Germany you fucking cuck
>>
>>5563583
>trigger
I see what you did there. Was it intentional though? Nicely played.
Guns just suck. Where they exist, problems follow.

Are they cool? Yeah, I'll admit they are cool, in that deadly heft of metal in your hand kind of way, but I like to think I am wise enough to know that I don't personally wish to perpetuate their popularity by partaking in the collecting and worshipping of them.

Maybe in the future, collecting nukes will be the new cool thing to do. What with their deadly allure and "rich history"--what could be manlier than a device of mass destruction.

I dunno boys, collecting weapon has its appeal, but unless your IQ is really low, you should be able to appreciate how insecure it makes you feel. It's a scared/paranoid man who keeps a stash of weapons. If I lived in a place so shitty that I felt the need for guns to protect my family, I:
A.) wouldn't have started a family in that place to behin with
B.) would be planning to move elsewhere ASAP
C.) would NOT be spending my relocation cash on guns/ammunition/licenses
>>
>>5563544
you really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>5563646
>your IQ is really low, you should be able to appreciate how insecure it makes you feel. It's a scared/paranoid man who keeps a stash of weapons. If I lived in a place so shitty that I felt the need for guns to protect my family
All that projecting

Just so you know, i don't see the point of owning a gun, but only for myself. I don't care if someone owns a gun, because i know the chances of me being attacked with one is incredibly rare. I don't belong in a gang, i don't associate with gang members, and I'm not suicidal. Suddenly, my chance of being shot is about .0001%

Stop being so paranoid about rare occurrences, fag.
>>
>>5563646
toppest of keks
stay butthurd, noguns
>>
>>5563664
I'm not concerned about ever getting shot, I live in a place where it's a non-issue. I just feel bad for the victims when it happens elsewhere--and see a problem that shouldn't exist in the love affair that so many people have with guns.

Quick question, answer honestly:
Does/did your father own guns? As with practically everything, if your family is into something, you probably will be too (such as your particular religion, what sport and specific team you root for, what hobbies you're into, whether or not you're a racist or homophobe, etc., etc.)
>>
>>5563042
If you're a man and spend serious money on a watch, and it doesn't look something like pic related, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>5562657
they aren't toys, they are pop culture art pieces. seriously... do you think we buy these things just to play with them? Why collect Deadpool, or WWE, or Gundam, rather than knock off Chinese shit?

because they represent shows and movies and games that we like. because of the quality of the craftmanship, or the nerd culture cred, or a million other reasons. Ask youself, what do these "toys" mean to you? do those reasons make you feel content, or happy, or inspired? Then keep them!

The things you buy and collect are an outward expression of your inner self. they represent who you are, or who you aspire to be. Did you buy toys because you felt like a child, and were compelled to buy whatever things children want? probably not. so, why start buying adult things because you are an adult?

Be You. If your wife and friends loved you with a shelf full of Queen's Blade Revos, a year ago, they will probably still love you the same, today.
>>
>>5563673
nope, father didn't own guns. grandparents did, but I barely ever saw them. I didn't shoot a gun until I was 19, and now I have over a dozen of them.

the problem isn't guns, because places with the most guns generally have the least gun violence.
>>
>>5563533
>Not appreciating the stunning, fleeting beauty of Emilio Ghisoni's design work

Get the fuck out you cuck. I'm British and can't own handguns - and even I can appreciate just how stunning those are as pieces of design and engineering.
>>
File: londonthesafest.jpg (1 MB, 2496x1972) Image search: [Google]
londonthesafest.jpg
1 MB, 2496x1972
>>5563690
>I'm British and can't own handguns
>>
>>5563699
Yes, I see this posted all the time.

What's always omitted is the context of these searches. They're sweeping sink estates (think 'the projects' if you're an American) and other high-crime areas for concealed weapons that are used in gang fights. The local thugs hide this shit in every nook and cranny so if they get into a fight they have something nearby to use as an improvised weapon and can't be charged for carrying one. This is also why a lot of these are seemingly mundane household objects, but they'll have been found concealed in brick walls around the estates and the like.
>>
>>5563679
looks like a 14 dollar watch from china
>>
>>5563533
>>5563486
>>5563042
if you like intricately designed products that balance technical excellence with aesthetic appeal, then you can collect almost anything. I mean, with all the nitpicking about articulation and sculpts and joints and balance we get into over Revoltech, or GI Joe, or Robot Damashi, wouldn't it make sense that someone can nerd out over any tiny, artfully made machine?

yes, I would call a sneaker a machine. most of them are just dumb clothing, but some of them, like the basketball shoes, get about as much engineering as a Ferarri. and the damn things are BEAUTIFUL.

Pic related. Seriously, guys... that's a nice shoe
>>
>>5563051
black people are just as nerdy as white people, but black culture doesn't place the same reverence on childhood innocence that mainstream culture does. so, black kids geek out on grown up stuff: shoes, clothes, cars, and sports. Yes, white people out-geek anybody, because they have the money to do so, but sneakers is a black thing, as much as street racing is an asian thing.
>>
>>5563713
>Nike
>Not even monochromatic

Step it up, senpai.
>>
>>5563707
I've actually never known the context of their searches. thanks friend
you guys are pretty fucked though regardless. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dee_1373037812&comments=1
>>
File: house made of deadly 2x4s.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
house made of deadly 2x4s.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>5563699
stupid fucking cops are too fucking dumb to ever catch me and get to my stash.

>>5563707
>poor people aren't allowed to own rubber mallets, bike tires and steak knives
This is my weapon cache is so huge, so when the rebellion happens, i can arm my entire underprivileged and abused city block.
>>
>>5563686
Ok yes, guns themselves don't fire on their own, if you want to be more precise the problem is that there are a lot of mentally ill people in America, and getting help for mental illness carries a heavy stigma. Add ease of gun availability, and you get yourself a problem.

The reason people like me shit on guns, is because it's a hell of a lot easier to avoid mass killings by removing the killing implement, than it is to fix the brains of mentally fucked human beings.

I already admitted guns look and feel cool, but I don't want to support the popularity of them. Even if you're not insane, a kid or simpleton can cause deadly harm to themselves or others if they get into your collection.

I'm fine admiring guns from movies. I also think medieval armor and weapons are badass, but is anything lamer looking than a big sword on your wall (when in reality they are pretty damn impressive)? I kinda wish guns were viewed the same way just to reduce their numbers.
>>
File: 1383760725809.jpg (31 KB, 284x320) Image search: [Google]
1383760725809.jpg
31 KB, 284x320
>>5563713
>go to sporting good/shoe store
>damn look at all these fine shoes
>ask shoe waitress to fetch me a shoe of such variety in size 13
>I'm sorry sir we don't have any of that shoe in that size
>or that one
>or that one
>or that one
>god god woman what do you carry in size 13?
>this one, this one, and this one

By the way, big feet = big dick is a lie.
>>
>>5563716
this is going to sound shitty, but... I think of shoes like that as hippster-ish. I think I just don't get the cultural relevance, or whatever. I mean, people love that style, but i don't. I am an idiot, and I love flashy colors.

here... compromise?
>>
>>5563713
Ironically a lot of people here can't fathom enjoying or appreciating hobbies beyond toys. Probably because a lot of people here deny themselves other things so they can save money for toys. Buy cheap ramen and rice, wear cheap clothes and avoid keeping up with fashion, don't touch jewelery or cologne. Don't touch quality alcohol. I don't know, I detect a lot of sour grapes thinking in this thread.
>>
>>5562657
>Should I sell my toys and start collecting "grown-up" stuff?
Does something specifically happen right when you turn 30?
Did your wife marry you knowing who you are? Have you been hiding anything from her?
If you think you have to become someone else now, you are beyond idiotic.
>>
>>5563724
those things look fucking retarded.
>>
File: fa meet up.jpg (920 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
fa meet up.jpg
920 KB, 3110x2073
>>5563713
still a ghetto interest.
Also, those are ugly and are only that gaudy because some ghetto person wants to stand out. Fugly.

>>5563720
>still being paranoid because of media making you paranoid.
Watch out for them shark attacks and coconuts.

>>5563724
Almost as ugly as the flamingo one posted earlier.
There's a happy medium, but few people discuss it on 4chan.

>>5563728
someone gets it.
30 is too old ot suddenly shift interests, and likely only brought on by peer pressure. fucking weak willed.
>>
File: Laughing David Mitchells.jpg (209 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
Laughing David Mitchells.jpg
209 KB, 682x600
>>5563699
>Your doing Gods work out there. Lost my mother to a bike wheel.
>Thank you. And we're very sorry to hear that.
>>
>>5563742
>running shoe
>ghetto
I have some bad news for you, son...
>>
>>5563720
>it's a hell of a lot easier to avoid mass killings by removing the killing implement
just stop. you're fucking wrong, and you should honestly just stop posting before you look like a bigger retard.
>>
>>5563751
those specific running shoes are pretty cancerous looking, and honestly look like they'd be complete shit to actually run in.
I don't wear nikes, I'm more of a brooks guy, but they do make running shoes that are meant to be functional and not just fashionable.
>>
>>5563544
>unless the iWatch catches on.

But that's pretty much the point, dumbass. Watches as these microscopic machines with a bazillion cogs and pieces is doomed to disappear, being relegated to vintage or retro hipster stuff. Just like those pocket chain clocks.

But that doesn't mean wrist watches as a whole will disappear as well. Most companies will try to innovate one way or another, and for better or worst, smart watches are the future for the investors. At one hand, several companies already have put to sale their own version of smart watches (I think samsung is leading the way), and at the other, while not exactly watches, we have all kind of accessories which also double as watches.
>>
>>5563719
No, they are. There's no problem with that. The problem is when they're hidden in bushes, under loose bricks in external walls, etc specifically to use in gangland warfare.
>>
File: SKX007K1.jpg (60 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
SKX007K1.jpg
60 KB, 400x600
>>5563766
Actually, a good automatic mechanical watch is an essential every man should own.

An automatic watch needs no power source. It 'recharges' with each movement of your wrist. If that fails it can simply be wound manually for a few seconds. While an iPhone or similar device keeps perfect time due to an internet connection, where radio signals and batteries fail, a good mechanical watch will always work.

The thing is to buy one that's sturdy, utilitarian and will last, not some gaudy wrist-bauble.
>>
>>5563767
>be poor as fuck
>live in a shit area with a lot of crime
>niggers go around stealing anything they can, including basic hand tools and bike wheels
>the only things I have in my possession to defend myself with is a rubber mallet and a butter knife
>the only way I can make it to work to get ends meat is by riding my bike
>don't want them stolen so I have to hide them somewhere
>think to myself, I doubt they would check in this bush, I'll hide them there
>the police come by the next day, sirens wailing, tasers drawn
>they search my bush and take away all of my possessions, then tase my asshole until it's crispy
>niggers break in that night and rape my crispy asshole then murder me and dump my body in the same bushes
>>
File: fedora king of hill.jpg (84 KB, 496x750) Image search: [Google]
fedora king of hill.jpg
84 KB, 496x750
>>5563766
>But that doesn't mean wrist watches as a whole will disappear as well.
Like i said, it'll be like the fedora. Old folk will start dying out and only the cringiest will own one.

>smart watches are the future for the investors
iwatch sales are already going down
watches like fitbit and other health devices will probably remain, but only during activity times. It really is a dying fashion sense.
Having been without a watch since i got my first cellphone in 99, i really can't go back to having that shit chafing against me and making my wrist all sweaty. My company was offering to buy me an iwatch as a christmas bonus and i had to say no, because i wouldn't want to wear it just to play nice.
>>
>>5563723
>an entire store dedicated solely to shoes
>and there is only two pairs at most in the entire store that come close to fitting
>have to drive very far and pay a whole lot to get something comfortable

people with big feet should be able to apply for disability
>>
>>5563811
>It really is a dying fashion sense.
it really isn't.
>>
File: kronoshit.jpg (29 KB, 398x300) Image search: [Google]
kronoshit.jpg
29 KB, 398x300
>>5563873
Thinking about it, you're right.

Back in my day, watches were practically a necessity. Nowadays, not so much.
They're viewed as a fashion thing now, more than ever. Gay.

Still, they'll go the way of the fedora when the old people start dying off. Kids these days don't give a shit about gimmicky watches and rarely ask for them. There's an entire generation that views them as redundant and most kids don't seem to care about them in the fashion sense either.
>>
>>5563895
>Kids these days don't give a shit about gimmicky watches and rarely ask for them.
right. that's why smart watches and all the fashion watches have been such a flop. If you're some weird shut in or in some spit across shithole, maybe you don't realize how many people still buy watches
>>
>>5563764
> I'm more of a brooks guy
pure pleb.
>>
>>5563811
>My company was offering to buy me an iwatch as a christmas bonus
what company do you work for anon?
>>
File: iouytre.jpg (428 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
iouytre.jpg
428 KB, 720x1280
>>5563930
>>5563764
>not just getting Chuckie T's for everything
>>
>>5562669
>My grandparents had 3 shelves of disney figurines in their house until the day they died

That's beautiful
>>
>>5563766
actually, the opposite will happen, because of the rising popularity of smart watches. anything that is an elegant expression of technical skill will always be more highly coveted, the more popular cheap imitations become. I mean, look at the rise of vinyl records. human beings like tactile experiences. we like things thick, heavy, and carefully made.

mechanical watches and smart watches will eventually begin to serve two different purposes. one will act as a tiny window into the digital universe, while the other will be a status symbol, decoration, and rugged timepiece. Yes, an Apple Watch is a status symbol, but Apple sells the same product to everyone, regardless of class or income. not nearly as impressive as a $1000 Tag Heuer, or a Movado, or a Rolex, or whatever
>>
>>5563789
perhaps you should hide your shit inside your fucking house?

10/10
I lolled
>>
File: apple watch down.gif (132 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
apple watch down.gif
132 KB, 640x468
>>5563905
>go with friend who wants to buy a watch years ago
>think about getting a watch for myself
>they're all huge NOTICE ME fashion statements
>ugh
>notice watch cases are smaller than before with fewer choices
>start looking at people's wrists to see what's in style
>go out multiple times every week in populated areas
>upper middle class hang outs
>notice that its only old people who wear watches
>kids and college kids don't
I've gone to amusement parks, conventions, parties, throughout CA, AZ, TX, Georgia, and Florida, and it's all the same shit.

Purely anecdotal, but there's definitely a trend.
As i said, growing up, watches were definitely cool shit and wanted, but it's something i noticed wasn't cool anymore with the kids I've worked with over the years.

>>5563934
youre mom'ses
>>
>>5564031
>youre mom'ses
why so defensive? are you ashamed of your company?
>>
>>5563077
Mah nigga
>>
>>5562672
>implying any newfags know about that completely irrelevant skidmark
>>
>>5563024
>white people can't collect shoes
It's 2016 and this guy is racist as fuck.
>>
>>5563779
I actually own and use the watch i your pic.
>>
>>5563725
I detect a lot of armchair psychology and projection in this post.
>>
>>5562657

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis

If your toys bring you happiness, don't let anyone take them away from you just because they're "childish." You're better than that, Anon.
>>
>>5564031
>Dat .gif

You can't be this dumb, can you? Did you really not know the sales for all kind of electronics is pretty much the same as that graphic? Highest at release, swindles down as people get their own unit, hype dies and new models are announced. Fuck, iwatch literally had a million pre-orders at the time, and apple couldn't fill all the orders. If you don't have any unit to sell, obviously it will be reflected on the sales chart, and that's why having a sold out sign on the shelves is huge no for retailers.

Seriously, try moving your head out of your ass now and then, maybe you can learn something useful.
>>
File: apple_sales_iphone.png (8 KB, 550x255) Image search: [Google]
apple_sales_iphone.png
8 KB, 550x255
>>5564181
You really shouldn't talk unless you at least look up what you're talking about, because if you hadn't noticed, the trend isn't like apple's other products.

In fact, Apple's so embarassed by its sales that they stopped announcing how many they've sold and hid the sales within another division.

It's one thing to say "we can't keep up with demand" and another to stop talking about it altogether.
>>
>>5564031
>subji-kun works with kids
New info obtained.
>>
>>5564113
Good job, anon. Very nicely read.
>>
>>5562657
The answer to this question and to so many more questions like this is so simple it's almost stupid: You do what makes you happy.

You only get one life, so do things that make you enjoy it. If collecting watches makes you happier than collecting toys, go for it. If toys bring you happiness (collecting, building, playing.. whatever) keep doing that.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>5563779
I agreed with a lot of people in this thread for a while and thought watches were dumb and obsolete. Then my brother gave me one he didn't want. A really nice seiko automatic. After a while I realized I was relying on it. It's nice to have for sure and it looks good. Pic related my watch.
>>
>>5562657
>Should I sell my toys and start collecting "grown-up" stuff? Something like shoes and watches?
>shoes and watches
If you want to be an asshole that badly, collect videogames or something.
>>
>>5565214
what country are you from?
>>
>>5563052
being around him can get a little grating at times. His social abilities are second to none.

He just bought a Lexus and he still lives with his grandmother to.( I just think its kinda funny?)
Dresses in nothing but suits and I swear I think he's started to wear makeup.
>>
File: ck's favorite food reviewer.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ck's favorite food reviewer.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>5565926
Does he actually look good is or is like this guy?

I wouldn't fault him for living with his grandma if he pulls it off, since he'd be saving money and isn't being held back by living there.
>>
File: guncollector1-web.jpg (110 KB, 630x474) Image search: [Google]
guncollector1-web.jpg
110 KB, 630x474
>>5562657
>shoes
what are you a lady
>watches
o look is the faggot that thinks hes a bussines man
>grown-up
why a real grown-up would care about society standars when society is already lose

wanna a real MEN collection start collecting weapons, firearms, medieval shit, etc.

and you can still collect figures and toys if you get the ones that look realistic and look more like art, instead of kids stuff, if you are that patetic
>>
File: FIGURE-013697_01.jpg (77 KB, 600x427) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-013697_01.jpg
77 KB, 600x427
>>5566518
you can also collect
>Cars (or atleast hot wheels)
>Scale Models
hell if your wife isn't a "normal" you don't need too change
even UKucks know better just get out and be a normie REEE
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8865509/Wife-strangled-after-smashing-up-husbands-Star-Wars-toys.html
>>
>>5563646
You're a fucking idiot. Not much else to say really.
>>
>>5563720
You sound like a garden variety pansy tbhfam
>>
>>5563723
I feel your pain, fellow Size-13bro.

>buy a new pair of DC shoes
>they start to fall apart in ~6 months
>email the company to complain
>eventually get them to agree that ~6 months is a pathetic amount of time to own shoes before they start to disintegrate
>they promise to send me a new pair
>BUT AS IT TURNS OUT they don't have any in Size 13
>>
>>5563720
>it's a hell of a lot easier to avoid mass killings by removing the killing implement
so whe remove humans ?
cause you know if people want to murder other people the only thing they need is will and hands
>http://stephenewright.com/fromthebluff/2008/10/23/the-butcher%E2%80%99s-bill-%E2%80%93-non-gun-mass-murders/
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osaka_school_massacre
>>
>>5564113
Came here to post that, I was beaten to it. God speed anon.
>>
>>5563764
Are newbalance any good for running?
>>
>>5563720
>Add ease of gun availability

Compared to Europe, yes. But there are still restrictions on purchase, and a seller can not sell you a weapon if they think you are in any way prohibited, which would include adjudicated mentally ill.

>is because it's a hell of a lot easier to avoid mass killings by removing the killing implement

So that means every other nation has eliminated mass killings.

>Inb4 hurr not with guns.

You didn't say mass shootings, you said mass killings.

In places where single incidents were the catalyst for disarmament, mass killings weren't any more common before than after. Violent crime in general has been on a steady decline since a peak in 1993, and that's not just for the US.
>>
>>5566527
I like that the headline was all about how he sperged out because she smashed is Star Wars mans, and not because apparently this was an ongoing fight where she had threatened in the past to kill him and was pressuring him to get a passport for their child so she could leave the country with them.
>>
>>5567047
>so she could leave the country with them
By this I don't mean so the child could leave the country with "them" the parents, I mean that the wife wanted to take their child out of the country without the husband.

It's not something that far fetched.
>>
File: 1359611892712.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1359611892712.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>5566117
he's Chinese and really short but otherwise pretty close.

Today he came in with purple tipped hair and shoes that were way to big for him. It's like playing dress up with a blind kid.
Living at home is fine if you're doing it to save up money but I have a feeling he has no intentions of ever moving out.
>>
Collections should never be about showing off or projecting an image to other people. It's a hobby that you yourself enjoy, not a dick-measuring contest.

Fishing is fun. Bragging about how big all the fish you've caught are is how you act like an insufferable faggot that no one wants to be around.
>>
>>5562657
Watches are fucking lame and gay. At least collect art to display in your house or something.. Not fucking jewelry.
>>
>>5566967

Size 15 here.

Literally no mainstream company even makes my size.
>>
>>5568189

Says the underage faggot collecting big busty animu toys to bust a nut on
>>
>>5562659
>imaginitive side of yourself.
Fair point, but how is collecting pop culture detritus "imaginative?" Even with LEGO, you're generally following the instructions and in the case of adults, you're not generally not playing with them, you're "tastefully putting them on display." How is any of that imaginative?

>It sounds like you just need a kid if you don't have one already. It's the perfect excuse/cover.

I really hope that either that was a facetious statement or that you don't have kids.
>>
>>5563725
>and avoid keeping up with fashion, don't touch jewelery or cologne. Don't touch quality alcohol.
IDK man, that seems like the kind of stuff someone shallow would enjoy.
>>
>>5563742
>Also, those are ugly and are only that gaudy because some ghetto person wants to stand out. Fugly.

The people you're describing wouldn't be wearing that type of shoe at all ever
>>
>>5571636
Having to spend a minimum of 150 for boots that'll last 3 months.

15'size life is bothersome.
>>
>>5564214
>Apple's so embarassed by its sales

My little anon can't be this stupid!

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2016/02/19/could-apple-inc-really-have-sold-51-million-apple-watches-last-quarter.html
>This leads to the next question: is 5.1 million Apple Watch units realistic? We know that Apple's "Other Products" segment generated $4.35 billion in revenue during the fourth quarter, which was up 62% year-over-year. As usual, Apple continues to be opaque about Apple Watch sales for competitive reasons, but the company did say that much of that growth was attributable to "the growing contribution from Apple Watch."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/02/18/with-63-share-apple-watch-pushes-global-smartwatch-shipments-past-swiss-watches-for-first-time
>According to the latest estimates, smartwatch shipments rose to 8.1 million units worldwide in quarter four, growing a massive 316 percent from the same time in 2014. By comparison, Swiss watch shipments peaked at 7.9 million units over the same period.
>"Smartwatches are growing rapidly in North America, Western Europe and Asia," said Strategy Analytics Director Cliff Raskind. "Apple Watch captured an impressive 63 percent share of the global smartwatch market in Q4 2015, followed by Samsung with 16 percent. Apple and Samsung together account for a commanding 8 in 10 of all smartwatches shipped worldwide."

http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/03/17/idc-predicts-14m-apple-watch-sales-in-2016-growing-to-31m-in-2020
>IDC's latest predictions for the smartwatch market were published on Thursday, hypothesizing that the Apple Watch will command a 49.4 percent share of the smartwatch market this year with sales of 14 million units. That's well ahead of Android Wear, which IDC believes will take second place with a 21.4 percent share on 6.1 million units.

You're this subject guy everybody warned to not reply to, right? I can't believe someone so stupid could actually exists, but here you are.
>>
Watches are pretty neat. I used to think that people were retards for spending so much on a device that tells inaccurate time and has shit for function, but once I grew up I realised I appreciated the design and the engineering put into one of these.

Its fascinating how we can squeeze all these little gears and springs into a tiny device like this and have it run purely off mechanical power.
>>
>>5571892
>IDK man, that seems like the kind of stuff someone shallow would enjoy.

Obviously toys require someone be deep in order to buy them.

I guarantee you are as shallow as a dinner plate, and not any more deep than anyone you criticize.
>>
I'm nearing 30 now and I see a few things I'd like to collect. I haven't been one for figures/toys/models since high school, but now I see stuff I want
>>
File: duncecap.jpg (236 KB, 729x899) Image search: [Google]
duncecap.jpg
236 KB, 729x899
>>5571978
>i think I'm so clever, but I'm not actually paying attention to what's said, because I can't read
There's a big difference between [i]analysts[/i] talking about [i]estimates[/i] and Apple themselves announcing actual sales numbers
What does Apple do when sales meet or exceed goals?
>Apple® today announced it has sold three million iPads in just three days since the launch of its new iPad® mini and fourth generation iPad—double the previous first weekend milestone of 1.5 million Wi-Fi only models sold for the third generation iPad in March.
This is from their own press release, preening and puffing out their chest. They didn't do this with their watch.
As i said,
>In fact, Apple's so embarassed by its sales that they stopped announcing how many they've sold and hid the sales within another division.

Now put this on and go stand in the corner facing the wall.
>>
>>5562659
>My wife lets me display
wow
>>
>>5563723
Try being a woman with big feet. Not even exceptionally tall, just have huge kickers. Can never get into fashion because shoes have to match an outfit and no fancy shoe stores stock past size 10 and I'm a 12.

>>5562657
Watches are bitchin.
>>
>>5572801
Just because you want to see how much money someone has before you can get your claws in them and drain them. I'm onto you "woman"
>>
My husband and I are both in our 30's, been married almost 5 years, and have a 1 1/2 year old kid.

We both had our nerd hobbies when we started dating and still do. The difference between then and now, is that we've both mellowed out. My husband wasn't much of a collector to begin with, he's more of the normalfag between us, but still enjoys playing videogames and talking comics with friends. I still buy toys, just not often because of money being tighter these days. He's fine with me displaying my stuff.

I actually ended up selling off stuff when I felt I needed to cut back and we needed the cash. I still regret a couple pieces(don't worry, it was statue stuff), but at the same time I remember how happy I made a little girl when I sold her a bunch of my Monster High dolls.

My father is almost 60 and he's started up working on RC cars. I gave him a gift card for his birthday last year to the local hobby shop and he bough himself a fancy new shell for one of his cars. He also still has some of his favorite hot wheels from his collection.

If you enjoy collecting toys, you should keep collecting. Don't let some preconceived idea of what you should be doing once you hit the big 30 ruin that for you. Love of toys is one of those things you can enjoy with the younger generation in your family, whether it's your own kids, cousins, nieces, nephews, etc....
>>
>>5562657
Ok OP, serious talk.
I'm turning 29 this year. I have been collecting and customizing toys for quite awhile, and even if I didn't collect before that i accrued a lot of swag over time.
It's embarrassing but because of the economy and and some shit luck, I live at home at the moment. The result is my previous 2 floor 2 bedroom townhouse is fucking crammed into my old room...making it look like I live in a small comic shop.

I question myself all the time. What is the purpose of all this shit? Does it make me happy having it? I swing on a pendulum of some days I want to sell pretty much everything I have except my PC and maybe two or 3 figures I really want to keep. You really kind of have to sort that out for yourself. If you're letting what other people think of your collection determine if you have one then you're doing it wrong.
I get it though, I am somewhat embarrassed/bashful about the pretty large collection that I have/being a customizer and talking about it but a lot of that has to do with the fact I'm marooned in the middle of BFE midwest where hobbies consist of meth and shooting minorities while drinking bud lite.
I think if I existed in less of a cultural vacuum and had a separate place/room where all my nerd shit was stored it wouldn't be as bad.

So, I know that feels, but it's something you'll just have to figure out for yourself really.
>>
>>5562657
why the fuck would you collect shoes? are you a girl? and watches? you some high class roller? lol. There isn't some law that makes you collect stuff. You collect whatever you feel like collecting or don't collect anything at all.
>>
>>5562895
Yeah why is everyone freaking over watches?
I don't collect watches but just wearing a wristwatch is a little mark of class you can put on yourself. It says hey, I care about what I look like, I thought to put on a watch.
I've heard from more than one girl they find guys who wear watches attractive because it's a clue they're put-together.
I don't mean a gaudy ass gangasta BLING BLING fucking wall clock on your arm, or a a spiderman plastic one, just a decent watch.
Infinitely more time, effort, and craftsmanship goes into good clocks than toys lol.
>>
>>5563024
Go back to tumblr.
>>
File: 1458061973579.jpg (34 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
1458061973579.jpg
34 KB, 500x395
Am I really on /toy/?
This is the worst thread I've ever seen here.
>>
>>5562657
Do what makes you happy anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 604x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 604x402
>>5562659
>My wife lets me display certain sets on the living room
>My wife lets me display
>my wife lets me
HAHAHAAHAH
Damn why married cucks are so pathetic?
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.