[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Armored Trooper Votoms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 9385991024_b355d9cae5_k.jpg (746 KB, 1356x2048) Image search: [Google]
9385991024_b355d9cae5_k.jpg
746 KB, 1356x2048
Can anyone identify the line this figure comes from? The paint is making me think it's a model kit but I'm ultimately unsure.

Thanks.
>>
>>5206795

Hard to really identify it for certain from that angle and without a point of reference for size. There's a lot of different lines that have Scopedog figures and models and the only way to really differentiate them is size and the small differences in proportions, etc.

I'm assuming you've already reverse image searched it and that was fruitless, but you could narrow it down pretty well probably by just googling around for the different lines of VOTOMS figures and figuring out which ones did that exact model with the jetpack and the bazooka and stuff.

I haven't directly compared or anything but the hands on this one make me immediately think of the Takara 1:18 ones.
>>
>>5207892
Thanks. This is the only thing I've found so far that kinda matches it in terms of accessories: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/309310

But it doesn't have those vents on the inside of the lower legs. Maybe this is just a custom or something. This picture was taken at the 2013 Winter WonFes.
>>
File: Votoms-AT-Comparison-1[1].jpg (563 KB, 1894x800) Image search: [Google]
Votoms-AT-Comparison-1[1].jpg
563 KB, 1894x800
>>5207892
The Takara ones have a much different (smoother) paint texture, and the weathing is heavier with a lot of chips and silver showing.
It's definitely none of the ATs in pic related - stuff like the riveting around the pauldrons, the vents on the legs etc. mean it's more than just a regular model dolled up for convention.
>>
One last bump before I let this die.

Think I'll just have to wait until Robot Spirits does Votoms stuff.
>>
Neat Votoms thread. So ive been looking for a Scopedog that isnt a model, has a decent amount of detail and wont cost an arm & a leg. What does toy recommend? What are the best VOTOMS figures?
>>
>>5211799
1/12 Scopedog Turbo Custom (Red Shoulder) w/Oddon equipment set
>>
>>5211813
What toy company?
>>
>>5211867
Google inc.

>>5211813
>that won't cost an arm and a leg
>posts the most expensive one
not very subtle m80

just browse anymoon's site and come up with your own opinion
>>
File: DSCN1856.jpg (114 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1856.jpg
114 KB, 768x576
>>
File: 20150922_223659.jpg (830 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150922_223659.jpg
830 KB, 2048x1152
>>5211799
1/48 actic gear. Not bad for the price but after market on all these can be a bitch. Isnt too expensive usually, but rare for some to show up. A bit fragile honestly.

The 1/12 yamato and 1/18 takara will run you $200.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.