[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's is the purpose of turning your home into a stockroom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16
File: ToyE.jpg (138 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ToyE.jpg
138 KB, 600x800
What's is the purpose of turning your home into a stockroom or toy shop?

I'm curious on what enjoyment you get out of collecting boxes.
>>
>where do you think we are?
But really, I kind of agree. People who collect EVERYTHING in-box are missing the fucking point of the hobbt so hard.

And keeping clamshells in-packaging is laughably retarded
>>
>>5560864
Same thing people get when they get a rare issue of a comic book and keeps it sealed in stored.

It's a feeling of accomplish, a sensation of showing your fandom. I would even argue why take them out of the boxes? If you have that many figs, could you even do each one of them justice by giving them space on shelves? Atleast on the wall they all get to shine and appeal to people to look at it.

We hang posters, wall scrolls, placing statues around our homes, toys are no different.

I'm on the fence about this, I have been obtaining Marvel Legends Spidermen and I opened one up recently and tried to pose him but I lost interest within seconds.
>>
>>5560896
> People who collect EVERYTHING in-box are missing the fucking point of the hobbt so hard.

No we're not, one group thinks posing means anything and the other wants to represent their past and future support for said franchise.
>>
>>5560898
>Atleast on the wall they all get to shine and appeal to people to look at it.
>We hang posters, wall scrolls, placing statues around our homes, toys are no different.

No anon. Nobody walks into your house, sees a toy in a box and thinks "that looks neat!"
They either think "why haven't you opened it?" or "why do you have so many toys there's not enough room for all of them?"

If you actually have so many toys and so little space that your room looks like OP's pic, you need to store them and make more room or something. It's cool to have a certain figure that's rare or valuable enough to justify keeping it absolutely pristine, but hoarding for the sake of hoarding like an obsessed Funko Pop fuckboy is just weird.

Or, that's my opinion anyways :^)
>>
>>5560908

>Nobody walks into your house, sees a toy in a box and thinks "that looks neat!

Guess I know a lot of nobodies then
>>
>>5560903
How do represent your love for a franchise by just leaving figures stuck in a box and never doing anything with them? If you're just trying to dump money on a franchise or creator, there are more efficient ways.
That said, I'm assuming you're not the kind of guy that keeps entire Wal-Mart shelves worth of toys unopened in his room.
>>
>>5560910
Do you not think they wanted to play with those figures, though? I don't understand how you can justify keeping regular toys behind velvet ropes with a "do not touch sign"
Or how you can justify spending X amount of money on figures that are literally designed intensively around being poseable and at least durable enough to not snap if handled properly, to then never play with them.

Do you collect Blu-Rays and keep them unopened in-box too?
>>
>>5560864
Why do you care what I do?
Suck my long dick.
>>
>>5560912
The fact that you bought said item, for starters

>>5560914
You're over exaggerating, there is no velvet rope or a do not touch sign. if anything I'd be more annoyed if people grabbed my posed figures and ham handing them

Spending my money is my choice, at the end of the day it's all just plastic.
>>
>>5560921
>The fact that you bought said item, for starters
This logic is what makes people fall for Funko Pops and other "nerdy" collector garbage though.

You're right, at the end of the day you're free to spend your money however you like, but I've always been of the mindset that I'm only going to burn money on a figure I want to have because I like the figure itself, and that's kept me from buying a lit of very popular, expensive figures that I know I would just leave sitting in a box.
>>
>>5560926
Not everyone is you.
>>
>>5560926
>This logic is what makes people fall for Funko Pops and other "nerdy" collector garbage though.

Your point being what?

>You're right, at the end of the day you're free to spend your money however you like, but I've always been of the mindset that I'm only going to burn money on a figure I want to have because I like the figure itself, and that's kept me from buying a lit of very popular, expensive figures that I know I would just leave sitting in a box.

Nothing lasts forever, your collection will more than likely be tossed out or recycled in some fashion when you die. Atleast if it's preserved someone either related or close to you can cash out on your dead corpse.

Toys are meant for playing, but I find no enjoyment playing with toys. I like to decorate my living/bedroom with geeky stuff that represents what kind of person I am.

Me unable to pose them is a silly thing to be upset about. Posing is for your enjoyment, not for anyone else.
>>
>>5560864
I keep my revoltech inside their boxes after playing, my necas have to lay around because they come in shitty blisters.
I wish all conpanys made good boxes.
>>
>>5560931
>Toys are meant for playing, but I find no enjoyment playing with toys.
>>
>>5560939
I know what I typed, no need to highlight it to assume everyone is as dumb as you are.
>>
>>5560864
People want idols to worship and they need them in sight for there prayers to them.
They gather more in hopes that it will make them seem more loyal to their idols then other worshippers
They do not wish to taint their idols and keep them sealed untouch by hands of man

But no in all seriousness this is pretty much how that primitive center of the brain works: get good vibes finding something "valuable" to you, hord it, repeat
>>
>>5560931
>Nothing lasts forever,
Which makes the urge to collect products that cost money to own but never use them as intended all the more questionable.

>your collection will more than likely be tossed out or recycled in some fashion when you die.
This happens regardless of what condition you kept it. If you have no loved ones, no children that will claim it it gets destroyed
>if it's preserved someone either related or close to you can cash out on your dead corpse.
Unlikely for a pile of reasons. The biggest being the felting nature of toy collecting. You have to find a buyer and as age passes those that were interested in what you collect over all get fewer and fewer. More so if superior toys of those characters keep getting made or the other extreme and the toys have plummeted to obscurity.

I get it you like to own plastic and what not covered in cardboard littering either your home or a garage but it doesn't make the action any less retarded.
>>
File: 1378179241475.jpg (74 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1378179241475.jpg
74 KB, 250x250
>>5560964
I dont understand the point of your reply. To repeat what I said in some sort of clarification, or to evaluate your own reasons for what you do?
>>
>>5560958
Any notice that the fedora trippers fall into that shit the hardest? I mean the lecture how stupid it is to believe in a god yet they are usually the most zealous to some really asinine shit wether it be science magazines or the latest anime
>>
People enjoy toys in different ways. I've seen interviews with MISB collectors and asked them myself on occasion. Generally what I find is that the MISB mentality is that they enjoy the toy store experience; usually stemming from childhood where they may not have been able to afford or get all the toys they wanted. The actual experience of opening and displaying a toy doesn't do much for them, but they do like the work that goes into the presentation of the packaging, the design, all of that. At its core all the work that goes into a toy package is meant to make you really want it and stand out on a wall of toys, so people might find that an overall more impressive experience than opening the toy itself.

And honestly how many of the toys in the OP are worth opening, anyway? a lot of them are McStatue era McFarlane stuff. Its not like you can pose them or anything, anyway.

I've got a lot of MISB toys around. For some its become sort of a "Rainy Day" thing, mostly deals I've gotten that I keep to open if I ever get bored.
There's other things I've decided to never open just because I like the appeal of the nostalgic aspects of seeing them in package, and the toys themselves aren't that good anyway or wouldn't have much of a presence in my collection without the packaging. Among them are: an Irwin toys Megabyte figure from the first wave or Reboot toys; they made better ones later on so I see no point in opening it, it looks better as a retro piece. A few McFarlane things, like Ash from Movie Maniacs; it reminds me of late 90's/early 2000's trips to the mall as a kid, peeping at toys at KB, Sam Goody, Suncoast, the comic shop, etc. A few Hot wheels, like the ecto-1; I know keeping them in package has sort of a rep for being tacky, but they're so tiny they'd get lost in my collection.

tl;dr Basically I think it has a lot to do with what you're collecting. a lot of pre-2000's or non articulated stuff would look really awkward on display loose anyway.
>>
>>5560975
We all want something to look forward to, if we do not then we live for nothing. Nothing fedora about that.
>>
>>5560977
Well no shit Sherlock my point was aimed at the oddity that a group of try hards like that lecture how pointless it is for those of religion and what not echo the very things they bitch about other people
Pot meet kettle and all that.
>>
>>5560990
fedoras are not nihilist watson, they just debate about the existence of a god
>>
>>5560908
>No anon. Nobody walks into your house, sees a toy in a box and thinks "that looks neat!"
>They either think "why haven't you opened it?" or "why do you have so many toys there's not enough room for all of them?"

I think you're projecting your own mentality as someone who enjoy playing with toys. If anything I think most people would be familiar with the concept of toy collecting as one where you keep items as pristine as possible, focus mainly on retro pieces or "artsy" pieces, perhaps with the intention of flipping them for a higher price. Or for historical value. And that said collector NEVER actually plays with the toys; its more like a museum sort of thing. growing up I learned of the whole concept of toy collecting through TV shows that featured something like that, from sitcoms to stuff like appraisal shows. It wasn't till I discovered internet forums that I found that other people like me enjoyed the actual toys themselves as adults.

So basically I think most people could grasp someone who kept a bunch of MISB pieces on a shelf or behind glass rather than someone who keeps a bunch of loose stuff on a shelf. For better or worse.
>>
>>5560994
Debate implies discussion
Fedora try hards just want to shoot down any discussion and force the conclusion "God isn't real. Those people are dumb"
>>
I fucking hate MISB collectors and hoarders. Leave something for the rest of us you pricks.
>>
>>5561004
Not anon but I feel you are either out of touch or selective of the situation.
By majority people do not admire or find true interest in a person decorating their wall with toys. Even more so when they are just box up. Normally you think poor of them because it projects those images we have witness in toy stores where a failed father or husband is hovering around buying rare toys because they are worth "something"
It doesn't show great mental health and it's a harder one to walk around why you do it beyond "I just like it ok?"
>>
>>5561005
Now you're just generalizing

>>5561008
What makes you not a hoarder?
>>
>>5561010
Perhaps, but I think a lot of us have a skewed perception of what people who don't collect think since we're, on the whole, people who collect and open toys. I wouldn't think average people who don't collect spend time in toy aisles or stores would see enough examples of, like you said " a failed father or husband is hovering around buying rare toys because they are worth 'something' ".If anything that sounds like a very specific experience you have seen yourself, not a common sight for most.

There's really nothing I've seen or heard that suggests toy collecting is such a way as I do, or a lot of other people do, is well known as a common thing; i.e. buying figures mainly for display due to articulation and sculpt, importing from Japan, buying stuff from relatively obscure properties rather than well known western pop culture things like Star wars. The closest is maybe seeing clickbait articles about Hot Toys("Is this an actor, or a toy!!? You won't believe it!"; stuff like that)
>>
>>5561010
You forgot the time that just stayed a man child and drain their decaying parents well past their prime.
>>5561019
You say that like these types of threads are not about generalizations
I get it you are trying to say you are some special snowflake fedora tipper which makes me question how close to home my posts are hitting.
>>
>>5561024
If your argument is area there could be truth to it
Of the 7 states I've been in of the US I can tell you the northeast coast has a lot of those deadbeat toy hunting dads that anon was talking about. If you have any geek culture around you, you know of them. However west coast OR,WA areas don't have that. Then again those areas don't really have borders like the east and south do.
>>
>>5561028

>I get it you are trying to say you are some special snowflake fedora tipper

No where have I implied that, but if it makes you feel less insecure we can pretend I am for your sake?

Let's atleast attempt to stay on the topic shall we?
>>
>>5561031
The point was on topic till you kept posting "not all fedora's" shit
It's why I question your stance because you were pulling the thread on it.
>>5561030
Yeah I'm in Massachusetts and we have a lot of those dads that are diving for hot wheels and shit and it gets pretty awkward to watch. However I've seen more what look like 30+ edge lords buying whatever is the hot rare item in stores. Both give me the urge to get the fuck out of here.
>>
Bait thread. I know it's difficult but try to remember that different people may have different opinions.

Besides, the people we should be shitting on are the retards who open a 30 year old toy when multiple reissues are readily available for a fraction of the price. They don't enjoy anything about the toy beyond the perception of third parties (rarity/desirability equivalence, collector butthurt, etc). Push them to a "hobby" where they can find a purpose.
>>
>>5561030
Well, I am from the NE and I can't say I've seen anything like that, even in the height of me collecting toys in stores. Never seen anything like anon said with desperate dads buying the most rare or expensive toy or anything. I've kind of seen similar things when it comes to video games, I guess. Granted in the last year or two I've stuck mostly to online buying, but still.
>>
>>5561047
This isn't a bait thread.
We are on a board about toys
This thread is discussing collectors that are near exclusively MSIB collectors
At worse it's a point counter point debate thread which is still a good a thread to have about the hobby.
Sounds more like you are getting sore for some reason.
>>
>>5561051
I've seen it with both video games and traditional toys. People are buying them for the rights to say they own rare item and not much else they seem less invested in the hobby beyond owning "rare" items of said hobby.
And strange as it is to say I shop/visit in store to witness this stuff and to keep myself grounded as well. Some of these collectors really lose touch of the hobby and it's almost more about the next high to block out something(or the lack of something) in there life
>>
Because they like the feeling of walking into a toy store and having it at home keeps that feeling with them.
>>
>>5561019
I define hoarders as people who get so many multiples of a toy that it is impossible to actually display them or play with them, they just store them away.

For me the line is 5 of the same type (a squad), anything more than that and you're just a fucking hoarder that is denying another fellow collector the possibility of owning the figure. I get that it is a subjective term but yeah fuck hoarders
>>
Something like the OP's image gives me the impression more of someone who likes toys as a subsidiary to their main interest rather than their central hobby. They look like someone who enjoys horror movies and just happens to collect memorabilia from it rather than someone who likes the toys for their play value or anything.
>>
I know a dude who does this, HAS done this for probably 15 years. He has an entire back room with toys buried 4 or 5 layers deep, all unopened. Even has 3 closets filled with runoff.

He collects a bunch of stuff, joes, motuc, TF, voltron, wrestling figures... he goes out and overpays for every new transformer just to have it the first week it's out, then just puts them on his store room pegs and leaves them there.

I'm not even joking, the man has every single usa and jp masterpiece, all of the sdcc releases, he has to own everything, and he never opens any of it, ever. He must have tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff in there, if not pushing 6 digits. I've seen him spend over $1500 in one day at a convention.

He even buys up multiples of some stuff, not to resell it, but because he can. It's real irritating when he decides to clean out the local ecosystem and not share. I mean he will TELL you he found them, and where he found them, but also add that he already bought them all. Kind of a dick move.

I don't get why toy collecting, of all things, is a dick-measuring contest for some people.
>>
>>5561104
This man has some unresolved mental issues
>>
File: DSC01928.jpg (364 KB, 1022x766) Image search: [Google]
DSC01928.jpg
364 KB, 1022x766
>>5561097
I experienced his first hand in my early teens. Transformers Energon was out and a thing on the show was both sides having an army of countless troops on both sides. Since the toys of these where fairly cheap(unlike BM where the army builders were $10-20 or too small) a lot of people bought multiples of them. Pic related is on the small side, I've seen people with 10+ of each. It made it really hard for me to collect on my small allowance, especially since trips to stores would keep coming up fruitless. It really killed my interest for a while.

What rubbed salt in the wound was years later seeing people sell off these collections since they stopped caring about the Armada/Energon/Cybertron stuff,and preferred the G1 homage stuff. Even going as far as calling the whole era a mistake and regretting buying stuff from it. Its like, whoohoo, thanks for denying me these as a kid just for your momentary thrills.
>>
>>5560864
Its just like, a way to express and display your interests, like getting a poster and putting it on your wall says 'i like whatever this is and want people to know'
>>
>>5560976
good post familia
>>
>>5560864
this actually looks a lot better on a wall than they do opened and cramped up in a shelf, it helps if the packaging is nice like these ones are though.
>>
>>5561039
No the point of the thread is the discussion about turning your home into a toy store/hoarding
>>
>>5561117
To be fair, Unicron trilogy was garbage.
Now the nostalgia is swinging back that way as people my age start getting misty for those awful preludes to the Bayformers.
10 years from now people will be all over the little garbage Movie toys too. Transformers (and I guess other 80s Hasbro property) has always been that way.
>>
>>5560908
>They either think "why haven't you opened it?" or "why do you have so many toys there's not enough room for all of them?"

No dipshit, they're probably thinking 'why the fuck does this grown ass man collect toys.'
>>
>>5561104
it's a geek hobby, anything that shows your fandom in physical form is dick measuring against others.
>>
The ironic thing about calling these sorts of displays toy store style is that they end up being way better looking than most toys stores..which I suppose is the point.
>>
File: 81326_s0.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
81326_s0.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>5561144
>10 years from now people will be all over the little garbage Movie toys too.

The Scouts from the movie lines are way better than most of we get today. The thing about the Transformers fandom is that they'll gobble up something subpar as long as it looks like something from G1, over something that's original and better engineered. Classics Starscream was the first time I realized that. Terrible toy, but people love it even though I could tell it was way worse than the Energon starscream from a few years before, which had flaws, too.

Basically killed all my interest in it since there will be very little surprises anymore. I'd look forward to see what new and interesting TF designs we'd see every year. Now its just going to be stuff from the 80's with some slight differences and more articulation and better engineering(but sometimes not even that last part).
>>
>>5561165
We are getting new figures every now and then. Hell, one of the most popular transformers from last year was a brand new figure not based on any existing character.
>>
>>5561165
>The Scouts from the movie lines are way better than most of we get today.
Lmao
I have a Barricade or some repaint of his mould and it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>5561190
Barricade wasn't a scout.
>>
File: 1458413850368-785497448.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
1458413850368-785497448.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
>>5561194
Well whatever pic related was it was fucking terrible
>>
>>5561211
Every line has some mediocre figures. ROTF was still a better line than combiner Wars.
>>
File: 1440767117918.jpg (24 KB, 568x435) Image search: [Google]
1440767117918.jpg
24 KB, 568x435
>>5561004

^ This.

It's weird that OP even made a thread asking about it. When I first came to /toy/ I thought this was a board for/about collectors, but then it turns out to be mostly made out of retards in their late teens and up, who still play with toys. I only come around to watch this freakshow that is /toy/. It's like the furries/bronies/adult babies of the toy collecting hobby.
>>
>>5561218
This meme is pretty dank, anon
>>
File: 1441474417799.png (247 KB, 570x668) Image search: [Google]
1441474417799.png
247 KB, 570x668
>>5561228

>Everybody relax, it's just a meme!

lol fucking freak
>>
>>5561218
>When I first came to /toy/ I thought this was a board for/about people who like piles of boxes and hate having fun, but then it turns out to be mostly made out of people who still enjoy things they like.

Cool story bro, how are your MISB Hotwheels and Funko Pops collections going?
>>
>>5561231

>It's perfectly normal to crawl around the floor and play with toys as an adult

lol you guys are seriously shameless

How does it feel to be an adult, and still have your mom tell you to pick up your toys?
>>
>>5561231
That's such an impotent insult man. I'm almost cringing.
>>
>>5561243
How does it feel to be a halfwit child, spending all day on the internet trying to rustle strangers jimmies? :^)
>>
>>5561244
>Hey, I collect MISB Pops!

I'm so, so sorry.
>>
>>5561245

>Dude plays with toys, calls me a halfwit child

I'm not trying anything, you might be feeling shame. That's a step in the right direction for you lol. Also, I've only been here for 5 mins. Deal with it.
>>
>>5560931
>Toys are meant for playing, but I find no enjoyment playing with toys.
>I like to decorate my living/bedroom with geeky stuff that represents what kind of person I am.

bazinga
>>
File: 1440768887130.jpg (20 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
1440768887130.jpg
20 KB, 512x326
>>5561259

>Toys are meant for playing

Toys are meant for CHILDREN to play with, you weirdo. If he finds no enjoyment in playing with toys, it's because he's a normal, healthy adult.
>>
>>5561259
Are you telling me you play with toys, at your age, and don't have them displayed to represent what kind of a person you are?
Or were you just itchy to use a meme today?
>>
>I only come to /toy/ for the shitposting! XD

ITT: Summertime preview 2016
>>
>>5561276

lol Don't worry jimmy, I'm only passing by. You can have your man-child safe place back when I'm done laughing at you guys. Your summer will be as always. Alone, playing on the floor on your belly with toys strewn about the floor, and picking up toys in a hurry whenever someone has business in your livingspace (Repair man, Police, Mom, etc. lol)
>>
>>5561287
>implying this hard

Never said I play with toys, but hey you got this reply!
>>
one day bazinga will be a term of endearment of taken seriously. society created bazinga, it is merely a sympton of nerd culture
>>
>>5561288

Hey, you implied first. Learn to argue/talk properly, and this kinda stuff won't happen. Also, your replies are worthless, so whatever lol
>>
>>5561288
>>5561296

Why dont you both just fuck already, the sexual tension is becoming insufferable
>>
>>5560864
>I'm curious on what enjoyment you get out of collecting boxes.
Some of my MSIA I like the packaging for, or it's a limited figure (Dengeki Hobby magazine, convention exclusives etc.) that I'm not going to take down off the shelf and play with anyway when I have the normal version of it loose.
>>
>>5560908
>They either think "why haven't you opened it?"

They absolutely do not.

IRL isn't /toy/ shit posters talking about how terrible it is to keep something in the packaging. 90% of people give absolutely zero fucks about in package or out of package. If someone who isn't into toys sees them displayed in package and they think they're cool, their first thought isn't "Oh why is he such a monster leaving it to suffocate in that plastic and cardboard prison!".

You need to get off the internet and talk to normal people more often.
>>
>>5561097
>For me the line is 5 of the same type (a squad), anything more than that and you're just a fucking hoarder

For me the line is 1.

You fucking hoarder.
>>
>>5561259

So what you're saying is that if someone doesn't conform to your vision of a toy collector or nerd exactly, then they are a fake nerd who likes Nerd blackface sitcoms.
>>
>>5561356
Too late anon. You were always the bazinga.
>>
>>5561396
Kek.

But fo rea, why is it if someone disagrees with you they must enjoy Giant Boom Hypothesis?
>>
>>5561403
why can't you accept people see you as Sheldon no matter what you do with your display?
>>
>>5561253
The amusing thing is the things I collect is probably so far above what you collect as far as quality and price that I could easily feel as above you as you do to Pop collectors. I

don't, because I'm not petty, but its still funny. It's funny, but overall I notice more of a narcissism of minor differences in people that collect $25-50 toys compared to those who collect $10-30 stuff, than I do between those who spend $100+ on toys and anyone else. I see people here who collect mid-range imports feel themselves superior to those who just buy local retail stuff, than I see Hot toys/Sideshow collectors looking down on people who collect retail stuff; hell a few of them even add such things as sort off a side collection.
>>
>>5561404
>why can't you accept people see you as Sheldon

Who is Sheldon?
>>
>>5561424
So you collect Pops, are ashamed by it, and can't even think of a good lie to cover with.
Instead you fall back on "I'm so much more of an elitist than you, but I wouldn't ever say so."

toppest of keks
>>
>>5561437
Nope .No idea why you're so obsessed with Pops.
>>
>>5561440
>Wrong about the Pops, but you nailed everything else
The Pops were a ruse anon. You got played.
>>
File: hoarding trash.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
hoarding trash.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
ITT: people who own shit just to own it

Gross.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
I do it with my Amiibos because I don't want to bother with having to give them their own shelf.
>>
how many of you would think people would say you're too old for toys? not just friends. colleagues, family members, tutors, partners.
>>
File: ;;.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
;;.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>5561576
>That filename
>>
File: 1440572044195.jpg (25 KB, 448x412) Image search: [Google]
1440572044195.jpg
25 KB, 448x412
>>5561580

>Mfw Tinkerbelle
>>
>>5560864
Whooaah easy there op
First you're mixing a blĂ­sters picture with a voces post

I like boxes cause you get to play and after store and they look like new like jap figures and new marvel legends
But blisters you neet todo keep them closed have a placer for display or store them i like marvel select cause they have backgrounds or base
But fuck most necas you need to make dioramas or neat stands
>>
>>5561626
>Neca
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>5561608
You'd think the Chinese would think of these designs before producing them
>>
>>5561580
Aren't you worried Ryuko is gonna fall and her stand is going to break?
>>
>>5561653
Not really. If anything happens in here powerful enough to knock her off of that box it'll probably kill me, anyway.
>>
>>5560976
9/11 post
>>
>>5561580
amazing metashelving
>>
Keeping something really expensive or rare misb is understandable and almost mainstream these days. Keeping cheap junk anybody can walk into a store and buy hanging on your wall in it's packaging is cringey and retarded.
>>
>>5561733
Yeah I agree. When I see people displaying vintage toys in boxes it looks pretty cool and understandable.

When I see people displaying black series or neca figures in boxes, it feels a little cringe.
>>
>>5561437

He probably collects HT and other 1/6 stuff.

Which can be extremely pricey. Like $20,000 to fill a shelf pricey.

You're talking things that would already be expensive even if the prices weren't so inflated.
>>
File: toy bitter manchild.png (532 KB, 1280x2156) Image search: [Google]
toy bitter manchild.png
532 KB, 1280x2156
>>5561733
>>5561750
vintage shit only reminds me of comic book stores and convention booths were a dealer is selling old shit for outrageous prices.

The entire hobby is completely tainted by the spergs who keep things away from dirty grubby hands that will soil the purity of their precious collection.
>>
>>5562389
>vintage shit only reminds me of comic book stores and convention booths were a dealer is selling old shit for outrageous prices.

Okay, we get it, you're 12
>>
>>5561350
I specifically said that it was pretty subjective, but owning just one of an army builder is like just having the character it represents, it is valid but you can't properly play with it as intended and you do play with your toys... right anon? You're not some faggot collector that doesn't even pose them on his desk right?
>>
>>5561580
That's a pretty good idea, anon.

On-topic: I always unbox because I love the feeling of tearing into something new but I like keeping the boxes around because they look nice and just in case I have to flip the figure.
>>
>>5562726
Stop trying to deflect you dirty hoarder.

You can't play with more than two figures at a time, are you going to have a mook fight another mook that he works with?

Fuck off with your hoarding tendencies. That's four other completely not autistic collectors that could have had that figure, but you just had to have a hoarders' dozen.
>>
>>5562389
That comic was pretty funny.
>>
Sometimes people like to put stuff on walls, do you like paintings? People like what they like.
>>
>>5562831
>People like what they like.

But if people don't like what I like that means they're bad people who should be shamed and beaten about the genitals.
>>
File: 1457413434558.png (526 KB, 800x587) Image search: [Google]
1457413434558.png
526 KB, 800x587
>>5562840
Hardcore but If that's how you express yourself go ahead might get some weird looks in prison .

Prisoner 1: "That guy castrated someone because they talked shit about their hobby" Prisoner 2: "better steer clear of him or he'll bite our dicks off in the showers"

Being catty is fun...
>>
>>5562831

But that's what's so weird to me about displaying blister packed toys on a wall. If you only care about the franchise they represent why don't you just buy a poster /print? It would look so much more tastefull.
>>
>>5562852
The boxart can be pretty bitching man and it's just easier than shelves I guess...
>>
>>5560864
Because they're autistic manchildren.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.