[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: "It costs HOW much?!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: B000BR39Q4.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg (24 KB, 376x283) Image search: [Google]
B000BR39Q4.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
24 KB, 376x283
for those things that you can't help but wonder why the fuck they're so expensive.

this isn't for shit like Chogokins that STARTED Expensive and are obviously ALWAYS going to be expensive. this is for stuff that might have been at tops $50-ish at retail, but are suddenly way the fuck too expensive for their own good.
>>
Anything from the 80s
>>
The new anniversary digivices.

I really want one, but there's no way they are worth what people are paying.
>>
>>5786158
There's no way they're worth what Bandai was charging. $100 for a toy that's slightly modified from the original version. Really?
>>
File: 70322-set.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
70322-set.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
>>5786111
Every time Lego releases a set with a nice build or a cool piece, it's always in those bigger expensive sets. its rare for something like a giant animal to appear in its own smaller set
>>
>>5786253
They should've just made a big, heavy CS style digivice.
>>
>>5786253
And now people are buying them for $165 plus.

I miss my old digivice, I'd buy an updated one for sure, but for a reasonable price like $60 max.

Desperate digimon fans are their own worst enemy.
>>
>>5786253
I'm guessing it's because the molds and electronics are so old that they had to be recreated. And since they're not being made on the scale they were in 1999, they needed to more expensive to turn a profit.

>>5786335
Digimon toys weren't so expensive 10 years ago or so until the rest of Asia started driving up the aftermarket prices.
>>
File: 1403851504898.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1403851504898.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
>>5786111
The items in this shelf will run you a cool $2,000
>>
>>5788279

Sex toys are often expensive bro.
>>
>>5786111
>tfw bought the Advanced and Progress PET and a grip of battle chips but never bought this one
>>
>>5786335
>>5786806
Part of it is the premium Bandai tax. Everything web shop exclusive is expensive, not just Digimon.

Second hand Digimon prices are stupid insane, though. I blame Thailand/Malaysia/Hong Kong and all the other Asian countries for buying up all the stock and marking the prices way up. The prices have been inflated so high and dumb Digimon fans keep buying at those prices, cementing them.

inb4 supply and demand. Yes, supply is low, but not low enough to warrant the price spike. If items are consistently listed on online auctions (sometimes not even selling) it's not a rare item. There's still plenty of supply.

Shit, I've personally seen the sellers from YJA simultaneously list their wares on eBay for three or four times the price. (Not that YJA prices are even better than eBay's prices)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.