[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Figure Identification?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Found this old action figure while cleaning out my attic. It used to be one of my favorites as a kid and I think I'd like to try and buy a new one or maybe restore this one. But I have no idea what it is - can anyone identify it?
>>
He's from Computer Police Cybercops (can't remember his name). It's a Japanese show that didn't air in North America, but it was brought under as a toyline called Cyber Force or Power Force or whatever the fuck.

Unless you're from Brazil or something, then it was localized there.
>>
File: cybercop.jpg (115 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
cybercop.jpg
115 KB, 600x800
>>5782792
>>5783077
His name is Mercury Bit, this pic is the Cyber Bit Series toys, and I think it's the same as OP's pic.
>>
>>5782792
these toys were fucking legit. my cousin and i would have epic battles with ours. oh memories!
>>
>>5783077
Hey, thanks a lot guys!

I have a lot of fond memories of this figure. I really like how the joints seemed pretty solid and the figure overall just had good poses to make. Will probably try to buy a mint one for nostalgia's sake.
>>
>>5783143
And then they announce SH Figuarts of them haha. Well I don't think they go for high price now anyways.
>>
>>5783149
Not OP but god, I'd kill somebody for a nice Figuarts of Jupiter at least.
>>
>>5783156
Well they will run out of things to do so only a matter of time I say.

I really want Blue Swat SHFs.
>>
>>5783163
Eh, maybe. Don't know if Japan remembers Cybercops well enough to warrant a Web exclusive release.

I just wish Bandai was faster at pushing out non-Kamen Rider Figuarts (and the Ultraman shit they're recently pulling). 2015 seems like a much better year already when it came to variety.
>>
>>5783177
I don't know. We are getting better non-exclusive releases I think. Like they are not pushing all the current Rider forms in the schedule so that's more to your liking I guess.

And I don't mind the Ultramans at least we are getting something plus enemies and Ultra-Act matching scale with soft vinyl monsters is pointless now.

I think we will see most Metal Heroes in the long run.
>>
>>5783541
>We are getting better non-exclusive releases I think.
Not really? The only surprising thing were the Amazons being standard releases, as well as Fire from Winspector (who became the worst Figuarts shelfwarmer in God knows when).
As for Ghost, most likely because it's selling terribly You know there's a problem when the main Rider's POs are struggling to sell out on Amiami, and that they've already been hitting the clearance bin on some sites.
>and Ultra-Act matching scale with soft vinyl monsters is pointless now.
Who even cares? Majority of people don't buy Ultra-acts for that.

They're still making Ultra-actxS.H. Figuarts stuff, so it doesn't seem like it's completely abandoned (not to mention that the line was well active through 2015, and is almost 'finished' at this point)
>>
>>5783591
>Ultra-actxS.H. Figuarts
You mean Seven? They just have Ultra-Act tn the name because it's Ultraman and they were keeping the brand name separate then. It's a SHF at this point now that Ultraman were added. You say who cares about the size but that was the point of them, and why would someone want a slightly larger figure at this point, keep it SHF size by all means.

Yeah those guys. Plus DB, Shampoo, Brocken Jr., Asuraman, manga color variants, Gold Drive, what you might think would be the way of exclusive is making regular release more imo. Hell 1go and 3go were movie riders and they got regular releases, granted they are the "classics."
>>
File: 431963.jpg (111 KB, 600x525) Image search: [Google]
431963.jpg
111 KB, 600x525
>>5783656
>You mean Seven?...It's a SHF at this point now that Ultraman were added.
Ace. You know, the Ultra-actxFiguarts that was shown just two months ago. Good going
>and why would someone want a slightly larger figure at this point, keep it SHF size by all means.
Except those who have been buying the Ultra-act line and want everything in scale, or people who want options (since only the main 6 have been shown so far in terms of Figuarts)
>Yeah those guys...
I meant tokusatsu Figuarts exclusively, not Figuarts in general, my mistake.
And I'm talking about 2016 releases so far, which is why I only pointed out Amazons and Fire. Ichigo not being an exclusive is anything but surprising.
>>
>>5783670
They got through most Ultraman and they are not doing the new ones anyways or anymore Kaiju and Seijin. As SHFs we have more chances of that now, they didn't say that's all they are doing either. Newer versions coming out years later is a staple in collecting it's pointless to bitch about it.

Like what happened to Ultraman Sofubi. You say who cares but those are big in Japan, and Ultra-Act were purposefully made to go along with them. Interesting ho Spark Dolls era ultraman got nothing since Ginga. No prototypes either as far as I can remember. Western sales for Ultraman is like nothing.

Ace, from same series same thing. Wasn't sure they kept the brand name honestly. They put U-A x SHF in because they are human sized Ultraman and they are keeping it going because it's from the same manga. It's really it's own thing since they are at this weird in-between scale. I guess you could say they are bigger because of the suits. My point is they are not really Ultra-Act in the true sense, they are U-A x SHF.

Tokusatsu only? Let's see last year, Kivala...oh I'm in 2014 now. Biorider Roborider. Those were regular releases surprisingly, but very heavy exclusive activity. I think it got better, slightly at this point, but better.
>>
>>5783077
IIRC, the show was very popular in Hawaii as well.
>>
>>5783729
>They got through most Ultraman...
I've pretty much stated that already. The line is almost near completion, and ideally I'd like them to 'finish' it like they were doing back in 2015. They're all going to be web exclusives anyway
>or anymore Kaiju and Seijin
No shit, the last one came out in 2013. Unless you want to count characters like Kamila, who came out just late last year.
It'd be fucking stupid to expect them to release more Ultra-act kaiju when they haven't done so in years.
>You say who cares but those are big in Japan, and Ultra-Act were purposefully made to go along with them...
Do you even know what you're talking about? They stopped being in scale with sofubis since the introduction of the UH500 line...which was 2013. Why does sofubi scale suddenly matter now?
Unsurprisingly, people buy Ultra-acts because they're the only good options for very articulated + collector-based Ultraman figures. RAHs aren't made to be fucked with a lot and are at a higher price point and scale, and Chogokin has been irrelevant for a decade.
>Interesting ho Spark Dolls era ultraman got nothing since Ginga.
Ultra-act Dark Ultraman + Ultraseven. No idea why Bandai was dragging their ass with Victory (but we still got new and unique releases), and Ultra-act X wouldn't have been out in 2015 anyway
>No prototypes either as far as I can remember.
TN2015 was when Figuarts were shown. A lot of shit in general was missing from TN2015.
>Western sales for Ultraman is like nothing.
Why does that matter when Japan, China, and SEA are the main consumers for Ultraman?
>My point is they are not really Ultra-Act in the true sense, they are U-A x SHF.
Good, because I never said that either. Hence why I said the "so it doesn't seem like it's completely abandoned" part, emphasis on 'completely'.
>I think it got better, slightly at this point, but better.
But then you have releases like SHFSS Gatack (which may be a sign regarding secondary SHFSS), or Chaser of last year.
>>
>>5783758
>emphasis on 'completely'.
You sounded like you meant U-A was still alive.

Actually seems we are at agreement for the most parts, not sure why the hostilities. I guess because I like SHF Ultraman idea, and I do have most U-A btw.

So yes, Sofubi changed size when they did Spark Dolls, and I'm saying that decreased the need to keep U-A going, because the line was originally scaled to the old size. Of course also because they did most Ultraman, but they don't seem to be interested at all in making U-A from the recent ones with the smaller sofubi as much, repaints don't count cost nothing to develop. When have Bandai backed off from making figures of current airing shows? Not saying now now like today, now as recent years. Everything happens gradually dude. I brought up western sales because sofubi are not big there and I thought you didn't realize how important those are to Ultraman fans.

You want them to "finish," yeah that rarely happens, also impossible with an ongoing IP. Still have a couple of movie ones, side character Ultraman and alternate forms, new ones keeps coming with multiple forms. Even exclusives they need to sell a certain number.

Stupid to expect new kaiju. YES I KNOW hence SHF enemies is a good thing! Are you happy just having bunch of Ultraman, with no enemies, especially when only a few sofubi are in bigger size? There is hope now, a future. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, I think old secondary and new tertiary riders are way of exclusives. Surprised Ultimate Kuuga went exclusive, because, well it's Kuuga.
>>
>>5784357
The sofubi shit logic doesn't make sense when it was very much alive after UH500, so no. And if it did matter as much as you're saying, the line would have been discontinued long ago. You're exaggerating how much people care about that shit.

'finish' as in do whatever that justifies a release, not everything in general. Thats unrealistic, even back when the line was strong.

Everything else is tl;dr. Time will tell, basically.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.