[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what am I gonna be looking at here... I can't read m
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160709_131351.jpg (51 KB, 516x290) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_131351.jpg
51 KB, 516x290
So what am I gonna be looking at here... I can't read macaroni.
http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-30660.html
>>
>>5782416
RWBY are getting SAS.
>>
I like scythes so I'll get the red one if price wont be ridiculous.

I don't think SAS has done "traditional" anime girls before (JoJo don't count) I wonder if they have the right sculptor for that. I guess they can straight up use the 3D model.
>>
>>5782416
Can't say this is the direction I had hoped this line would go.
On the bright side maybe they will eventually cover some better western properties now that they are branching out.
>>
>>5783136
I wont say they are dipping into western properties with this, since it's so Anime inspired.

Glad to see SAS is moving away from the JoJo dependence, maybe it could be as diverse as figma or Revoltechs someday.
>>
>>5783158
>Anime inspired
Yeah but it is still just aping the anime style.
Doesn't mean it isn't a western property.
>>
>>5783158
>maybe it could be as diverse as figma or Revoltechs someday.
Hard to imagine, since it's getting fucked over hard with inflation.
>>
>>5782999
I just hope they look fuckin better than the RAH's they legit look so plainfaced that SAS should be able to do them some justice. Even if the show is shit i do like the designs.
>>
>>5783248
They were ThreeZero actually.
>>
>>5783264
Ah yeah you're right either way the faces on those just looked so.... i don't even know. Couldn't give a fuck about blake but Weiss has promise.
>>
>>5783212
Hence harder to tap into all the subcharacters from a series. They would need to cherry pick main characters from popular titles sooner or later.
>>
I actually look forward picking up Blake and Yang. I like the designs and I somewhat like the show. The ThreeZero ones were expensive and the my had no character in their faces at all.
>>
>>5783269
>the faces on those just looked so.... i don't even know
the words you are looking for is they just looked so.... how 3A are supposed to look.

to be honest the art style belongs in the hands of figma
>>
>>5783443
Well we simply have no idea how they would sculpt anime girls like these since they haven't done them.

I think SAS is a good match articulation wise since these characters are action heavy and they use the better joints for that. And figma with high volume clothing like the RWBY girls are never well articulated.
>>
File: Tumblr_mq5oix9DW11sbu5xto1_400.gif (520 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_mq5oix9DW11sbu5xto1_400.gif
520 KB, 200x112
So I just looked into this show.
How exactly is this shit making money and getting multiple high quality figures?
Is it a hipster thing?
>>
>>5783528
It's an RVB made thing, the fight scnes were done by the haloid guy.. i'll admit the shows not great some of the character designs are nice and even though the best girl dies it's atleast a nice train ride. The animation in certain points is complete shit though it's got cringe moments and i don't know why but thats kinda appealing.. they somehow got Vic Mignogna to do a character in season 3. And it's just... odd how it's popular. Don't watch the chibi shit, it's like they couldn't even make chibi characters look cute they look like fuckin monsters.
>>
File: 1440059983565-0.png (437 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1440059983565-0.png
437 KB, 1024x1024
>>5783528
I dont know.
i only watched the first few episodes and have no interest in the show.
but the girls are cute
and in the end thats all that really matters
>>
>>5783528
The girls are cute, The fights and weapons are neat, and you can literally watch the production budget grow with the episode count.
>>
>>5783576
I like Monty Oum's style of action so was very interested, but then the story was very every shitty yet why so popular shonen manga wannabe, so I stopped keeping track. Then he passed away, so not sure if his style of action is properly maintained, Is it?
>>
>>5783576
> Terrible Animation
> Cringy Writing
> Inexplicable Popularity
> Vic Mignogna

You are not doing a good job selling me on this thing.

>>5783604
>>5783590
>Cute
These exact same girls are in every anime season at least once, but yes I suppose they are cute in the most generic possible way.
>>
>>5783590
>>5783604
>cute
Please kill yourselves.
>>
>>5783642
Trust me i'm not trying, I watched it to see what it was like. There are very few likable characters but it's a train wreck worth eyeballing if you're bored like i was. Takes like.. an hour and a half to go through a whole season and there are only three.
>>
If people want western made anime, go watch The Avatar series, and also Netflix Voltron now I guess.
>>
>>5783663
Thundercats is also good.
>>
>>5783668
Didn't they drop the original story bible for the newish show after like 3 episodes?
>>
>>5783668
Oh yeah, I didn't watch all of it yet so wasn't sure. If it was good or anime inspired.
>>
File: 1468108684547.jpg (51 KB, 514x480) Image search: [Google]
1468108684547.jpg
51 KB, 514x480
>>5783732
I honestly can't remember much about it other than the fact that I really enjoyed it at the time.
The character designs were pretty damn nice, wish we would have gotten some quality toys based on them.
>>
>>5783668
No it fucking isn't, it's a goddamn mess after the pilot when it becomes "Let's suck off Tygra and fuck over Lion-O" the show
>>
Sheena killed Monty to keep the show rolling
>>
>>5782999
Christ, I was watching Rooster Teeth stuff back when it was just six guys working out of a spare bedroom. Crazy to think that now SAS and McFarlane are making toys for them.
>>
>>5785170
>hire and fund some talented autistic asian with a big head
>sacrifice him to creatures unknown
>get toys made of your weeb series
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.