[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My fiance's family is bringing us to Disney World next March
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: aoa28.jpg (117 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
aoa28.jpg
117 KB, 1024x682
My fiance's family is bringing us to Disney World next March and I'm looking forward to toy shopping. My concern is that I won't know the best places to find obscure characters and I'll find nothing but Mickey and Pinocchio. Any tips? Or is it just better to shop at the online disney store?
>>
>>5779256
I'm going in November, I too would like some useful info
>>
it's great for toy shopping I went last July and found the marvel select hulk buster and the entire ml ant man wave. I forget what it's called but there like a Disney mall or something and it's all outdoors you can find all the star wars stuff, all the marvel figures, and surprisingly a lot of imports
>>
There's a Japanese store in epcot that sells Figma and sh figurearts. They charge out the ass though so only really really get the older stuff which they do sell there occasionally.
>>
What characters are you looking for?
>>
>>5779319

Flintheart Glomgold
>>
>>5779319
Chernabog
>>
Disney sucks ass, they markup everything because they know they can and people will still buy it, even though its the same shit you can buy in regular stores for less
>>
>>5779367
>Disney sucks ass, they markup everything because they know they can and people will still buy it, even though its the same shit you can buy in regular stores for less

Depends on what it is. Disney licenses/characters? Nope, Disney Store stuff is exclusive. Disney Parks stuff is usually different as well (Disney Parks sell different dolls than the Disney Store, with more/fancier details, as well as exclusive fashion packs, for instance) Marvel and Star Wars--some is exclusive, some isn't.

>>5779326
Nope. There is a little figurine made by Applause that came out in the 80s.

>>5779348
I know there has been park Chernabog merchandise but I don't know what current merchandise there is. If it's Disneyland: D Street in Downtown Disney at Disneyland is a great option. Not sure about WDW...

If you want to look secondhand, here's a guide: http://www.chernobogslair.com/Chernobog/Merchandise.htm

OP: I would recommend asking a customer service rep for the park! Tell them what characters you're looking for, and they will help guide you to shops that might have things you're interested in. There's dozens of stores at every park.
>>
>>5779303
we use to call it "downtown disney" but now it's like DISNEY ISLAND or something gay

it's great for shopping, and they have ahugeass lego store
>>
>>5779705
yeah was just there a few months ago, think its Disney Springs now
>>
>>5779367
Not true. I've bought SW black series stuff for market price. Same with SW LEGO.
>>
>>5779367
You're talking shit. Have you ever even been to a Disney theme park?
>>
>>5779256
>My fiance's family
Where the fuck do you think you are facebook?
Just walk around bitch.
>>
File: 1464312068970.jpg (84 KB, 658x887) Image search: [Google]
1464312068970.jpg
84 KB, 658x887
>>5779256
Some merchandise is exclusive to certain parks. Certain merchandise you'll only find in gift shops that have a closely related theme to the character. Jack Skellington stuff is in the Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop, Three Caballeros stuff is only at Disneyland, Oswald has his own gift shops etc. Same principal applies to rides, where you'll find Pirates of the Caribbean stuff in its gift shop, Figment stuff in its gift shop, etc.

Other than that, you're gonna quickly notice every gift shop carries the same shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.