[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am thinking of getting these just for the Juggernaut build-a-figure.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (174 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
174 KB, 1280x720
I am thinking of getting these just for the Juggernaut build-a-figure. Are these figures quality?
>>
Are you someone familiar with current Marvel Legends in general asking about the specific figures or are you someone who doesn't have any modern MLs asking about the line as a whole?
>>
>>5778330
Are these specific figures good quality? Do they look good up close?
>>
>>5778332

Very few people have them yet. You could see what's out there as far as reviews. I saw The Fwoosh did a pictorial/text review for Wolverine.
>>
>>5778323
I'm pretty glad I cancelled my order. From what I've seen so far

>Rogue and Jean have fucked eyes moreso than usual
>Juggs teeth paint is either good or SHIT and body is loose
>Kitty is fragile
>Bobby is Gummy
>Cable has limited torso articulation from the chest piece
>Deadpool got outclassed by the Revoltech
I'm gunna just get the Onslaught BAF and Wolverine, dunno what I was thinking when I ordered them.
>>
File: w5jwjx6fxxsxrvtpvd0n.png (306 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
w5jwjx6fxxsxrvtpvd0n.png
306 KB, 800x450
>>5778357
I feel about the same. I always wanted a good toy of Rogue in this outfit, but this ain't it. They fucked up her facesculpt so bad...eyes should be one eye-width apart. Yes, wide-set eyes are a real thing, but not to this degree! In fact, her eyes are damn near approaching two eye-widths apart.

Deadpool looks bad to me, but maybe I just can't get down with this particular outfit. The Wade head looks alright though.

Literally the only thing I'm interested in is brown costume Wolverine, it looks okay and it gives me nice nostalgic feelings.
>>
File: 5542695584_0fd34eaf8a.jpg (129 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
5542695584_0fd34eaf8a.jpg
129 KB, 500x443
>>5778323
the only one i want is Wolverine, but i prefer the blue/yellow version... which i missed. i dont think i even saw the latter in stores.

also i still think MS Juggs is better. he doesnt have abcrunch, but his silhouette looks better
>>
>>5778323

rogue is fucked in the face.
jean is fucked in the neck.
iceman is gummy as fuck but on a good mold.
kitty and havoc are generic as fuck.
wolverine is nice but the shoulder inset is a little weird.
cable is so-so; mold is fine just not as good as it could be.
deadpool is great.
juggs is good but the legs are a little gay.
>>
>>5778323

They're worse than you might think.

Very cheap.

Marvel Select Juggernaut is miles superior anyways.

Hasbro has improved and even surpassed ToyBiz in many ways, but they still dont have that "feel" to them.

That feel that you were getting a quality comicbook figure.
>>
>>5778323
They stepped it up honestly, saw them in person. The faces aren't glossy anymore. I wish that was the case for the rest of the bodies. But Nothing a little bit of matte spray can't fix.
>>
>>5778424
You are just being a nitpicking autist. She looks fine.
>>
>>5778323
If they were $12-$15 these would be great figures but for $20+ you're getting little to no accessories and only BAF pieces, and the hip articulation feels pretty gimped.
>>
>>5778888
They offer more for your money at this price point than any other company making regular assortments of franchised characters.

Whether or not your feel $20 is worth the asking price is subjective based on how much you value a dollar.

I would pick up some and see how you feel first before deciding to go all in for a BAF. you can usually find good deals on ML as long as you are willing to wait for the initial rush of a new wave to pass.
>>
>>5778608
Nah, that's just a good one. Her eyes do look pretty wide apart and when they're cocked it just exaggerates it.

That and jean looks like Bri-man-a Wuu
>>
>>5778323

> Here's Deadpool, but not in the suit you actually want.

Why do companies fucking do this?
>>
>>5778999
>>5778999
Because those fucking assholes don't personally ask you what you want.
Can you believe that?
>>
File: IMG_3294.jpg (62 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3294.jpg
62 KB, 800x449
>>5778483
>Hasbro has improved and even surpassed ToyBiz in many ways, but they still dont have that "feel" to them.
>That feel that you were getting a quality comicbook figure.
I agree with this so much. The biggest thing Hasbro brought to the table was....I'd say uniformity. Most of their figures generally look alright, or at least of a similar quality to the rest of the line. Toy-Biz was a bit of a crapshoot--you'd get a spectacular looking figure one day, then a twisted, warped abomination the next. But damn, even when they failed, they usually fell with style. Toy-Biz had a ton of paint apps, different topcoats, cloth goods, very intricate detailed sculpts, and washes that made those sculpts pop even more. This all added up to make you feel like you were getting a very high quality toy, even when there were glaring issues with the overall look or functionality. The loss of detail is probably what I mourn the most...when I look at my Hasbro MLs, I see a sea of gummy, mostly unpainted plastic with very little surface detailing.

tl;dr: I acknowledge that the line is more homogeneous now, but it feels incredibly bland and dull. I miss the adventurous feel of Toy-Biz, even when they did it wrong.
>>
>>5779801
If you compare that Gambit and this new Rogue alone it makes a very compelling case for everything you said
>>
>>5778999
Because there's already figures of his other suits & other people wanted this one?
>>
>>5778431
All of his joints can barely move more then in your pic cept the shoulders
>>
>>5778323
I just got my case in the mail today.

Paint apps for the faces are fine across the whole set (I guess I'm lucky). Haven't opened them up yet, so I can't comment on the joints / gummy-ness of the plastic.

Overall I'm pleased, but I'm a huge X-men fan, Still waiting for a perfect Cable (fucking hated X-Sanction...so this outfit is kinda meh).
>>
>>5778907
>They offer more for your money at this price point than any other company making regular assortments of franchised characters
DST completely outclasses them on that front. They sell their movie/TV Select toys at $12.99, and they include better paint and sculpt than Hasbro, plus accessories and (more often than not) a display piece.
>>
>>5779801
Is ToyBiz Beast the greatest 1/12 comic book figure ever made?
>>
>>5780597
It's up there. It's got a good blend of positive features, and is the only instance in the entirety of Toy Biz's run in which basic articulated fingers are actually useful in posing. The articulated jaw isn't the best idea in the world, they shouldn't have done that. And the lack of ab crunch sucks, but at least he's hunched over slightly and his double jointed neck and long arms allow him some deep poses that figures with just ab crunches couldn't pull off.
>>
>>5779801
Damn... after getting the Puck Series Wolverine, I had planned on selling my Astonishing Wolverine. But after seeing this pic, maybe not.
>>
File: image.jpg (245 KB, 987x1228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245 KB, 987x1228
Have we ever gotten a figure for this Archangel?
>>
>>5780688
We've gotten three (two from ToyBiz via X-Men Classics & one from Hasbro in the Hit Monkey wave) the late 80s/early 90s colors yeah, but none with the skull face. I think Marvel Universe got a skull faced version.
>>
>>5780702
Was it any good? The Marvel Universe one
>>
>>5780688
>>
>>5780688
the Marvel Universe and a Minimate of the Death Face, yes.
>>
File: IMG_3980.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3980.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>5778323
I only got Cable so far, but I'm really satisfied with him. Best Cable figure yet, beating the Toy Biz version and the previous Hasbro version. Plus, he's the same height as the Stryfe figure from the last X-Men wave.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.