[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What age did you stop playing with toys? I'm not talkinga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 23526677.jpg (109 KB, 561x420) Image search: [Google]
23526677.jpg
109 KB, 561x420
What age did you stop playing with toys? I'm not talkinga bout collecting/displaying etc., I mean having games with yourself with toys

I was 17-18 and very embarrassed at the time. Pic related was the last line of toys I played with.
>>
I still play with them, but I was around 14 when I stopped making explosion noises and having a giant toy pile around me.
Now I just play with one or two at a time at my desk while in between games or shows.
>>
>>5774262
Like 7 years old.
I really lacked imagination as a child but i loved interactive shit like transformers and models. Anything static like army men or hotwheels bored me to tears immediately
>>
I stopped playing with toys when I was like 9, 10 years old.
>>
i did have dark age around 20. "super-articulated" was still just a gimmick around the time and i just started collecting seriously, with toys that werent as playable. years later when more toys got more joints, thats where the fun really started
>>
>Put character into fists up position
>Make them fight

this is more or less the way. Occasionally reposing for better poses as needed while battling occurs. And still do, less so though; no reason to stop as long as I still find some fun out of it.
>>
i wanna say like 12 or 13, not too sure. it just felt weird after that. talking to myself and making weird noises

i had a lot of fun though, when i did play. transformers, legos, and this thing called zoob were my favorites to play with. damn, zoob and transformers were especially fun
>>
All the way back when I was like 5 or 6. I had a bunch of Legos I would build with.
>>
Geez, I don't think I every really played with them. I never had them like punching each other repetitively and shit. Basically I just posed them sat back, imaged the scenario of the pose play out for like five minutes then make a new pose. I guess its like a very limited type of playing.
>>
>>5774262
It wasn't being embarrassed so much as losing the ability to play.

My cousins and I used to play with my Transformers and stuff all the time up into my teens, maybe 16 or so.

Then I just lost the magic. We would do storylines and stuff ya know, get real crazy and in-depth but then it just felt lacking.

I never stopped playing around with them by myself though. Posing them around and stuff while fiddling with them but playing with them? Like I did when I was a kid?

I reckon I get more pleasure out of posing them in fights and stuff.
>>
I think Power Core Combiners was the last line I really played with, and even then I wasn't having the same level of fun with it that I used to. It would have been in my Junior year of high school, I think.
>>
20 here, i discovered the Halo Mega Bloks line and have aquired a massive collection over the past year. As i matured, i started to favor toys that have a high decree of customization, such as LEGO or Mega Bloks. I even tried to get a job in my local LEGO store.
>>
>>5774262
Yeah, it was about the time I was graduating high school that I told myself to put away my shit until I could focus on getting a decent job... I didn't last a year, though having my shit in storage made moving easier, and then when I discovered Thew, a few other toy reviewers, and this board I just couldn't help myself.
>that was 8 years ago
Fuck
>>
>>5774745
>I'm 15
Goodbye
>>
>>5774671
I know that feeling, anon. Same thing happened to me - used to play with my toys in the tub when taking a bath but I just can't do it anymore.
>>
I'm 40+
Happy to finally afford the toy collections I used to dream of as a kid. I don't "play" but I do like taking a moment to pose them in badass ways. ...that get Instagrammed.
>>
>>5774767
Aww let him stay, he just likes toys is all.
>>
File: tumblr_o9d82xuLEW1qd39tro1_1280.jpg (227 KB, 1280x860) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9d82xuLEW1qd39tro1_1280.jpg
227 KB, 1280x860
>>5774808
he doesnt have to go home yet, but he cant stay here >:(
>>
Someone should do a hidden cam show where they stick people in a waiting room with nothing to do except for action figures and diecast cars on a coffee table.

Cellphones are taken away when they enter the building.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.