[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's such a good figure, they said >it's highly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Monev.jpg~original.jpg (71 KB, 799x407) Image search: [Google]
Monev.jpg~original.jpg
71 KB, 799x407
>it's such a good figure, they said
>it's highly articulated, they said

How can a toy with 27 POA still be a McStatue this bad? It seems to me they sculpted it as a barely-moving toy then hacked it up and added joints haphazardly. The arms can't be turned straight and the biceps are at this odd 90 degree bend form the shoulder no matter what you do, I actually thought the right arm was assembled backwards until looking at t the joint mechanism. The legs are barely mobile since they only stay standing in one pose. The rest of the cuts are just unusual. Did they just have no idea what they were doing back then?

For that matter, why does it not really look like the character it's supposed to be? If not for the wrist guns I'd swear it wasn't even remotely the character form the Trigun series.
>>
Yes, they just had no idea what they were doing back then.

As far as not looking like the character, that's just Yamaguchi having some fun with it. He does that. He's also I think friends with Nightow who he has worked closely with a lot since on the Assemble Borg line and on more Trigun figures and stuff, so I imagine they both were just kind of like "what would make this character look really cool as an action figure"
>>
>>5773690
It's still a very cool figure for the time it came out and for the price it cost. At current prices it goes for online it's not worth it but it was damn cheap back then for a HUGE and impressive looking figure.
>>
>>5773690
This guy was an experimental toy that ultimately lead to Revoltech.
I loved mine right up 'till he took a tumble from the dresser breaking his foot and fingers.
>>
>>5773743
>At current prices it goes for online it's not worth it

they can be found for $50 or less if you just watch eBay. The jackasses asking $100 will never sell them.
>>
For anyone that has this and revo Vash, would they pose well together? Thinking about picking one up since there's no Trigun villain merch, but it seems pointless if I can't replicate any of the scenes from the anime or manga.
>>
>>5774078
I have both and surprisingly, it still looks good with the smaller Revoltech. Kinda helps that Monev's head is somewhat small so they almost look like they're in the same scale anyway.
>>
>>5773690
I actually enjoyed both this and Gazelle very much. While not necessarily as "posable" as you would think they should be, they can achieve great dynamic poses and look great with the Revo Vash and Wolfwood. Personally, these four display amazingly together.

And then I needed money and sold them all for around $350. One day I will get them back...
>>
File: 820986874_4_1000x700.jpg (40 KB, 523x700) Image search: [Google]
820986874_4_1000x700.jpg
40 KB, 523x700
>>5774848
>>5773690
ive always wanted that and a gazelle myself. but i was still too scared to buy something taht was still $50. it looked so top-heavy and the legs looked so lanky. I did get Vash and the other guy earlier, but those guys could hardly pose/stand anyway. Monev was up my alley too, design-wise, but i just had to resist.
>>
>>5773813
Yeah, but he retailed for $29.99
>>
>>5773690
The concept for these action figures are not what you think.

You think action figure, like a GI Joe in a standing pose with bunch of joints and you can put them in different poses.

These Yamaguchi cut joints figures were made FROM the action poses he wanted the figure to take. You have pose A B C and he puts in the right angled cuts so you can move between those poses.

Think of them as display pieces that can take different poses instead of an action figure toy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.