[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After 8 years, I broke the addiction.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1459481192005.jpg (41 KB, 373x394) Image search: [Google]
1459481192005.jpg
41 KB, 373x394
After 8 years, I broke the addiction.
>>
>>5773194
Break your skull too
>>
>>5773194
So much wasted time and emotion. Spending thousands of dollars, on things I would immediately lose interest in after getting it. If you truely enjoy the hobby and it's not a problem, great! It can be a lot of fun. I couldn't control myself. I came to realize that I was collecting, because I was unhappy with my life and it gave me a false sense of accomplishment. 3 things helped me break it. Moving, 40k, and ending a bad relationship.
>>
>>5773194
Moving into my friends apartment to help them meant I had way less space than on my own so I sold about 70% of my collection. I now have only about 10% that im hanging on to.
>>
>>5773194
Building a 40k army, made me appreciate each piece because it was put together and painted by me. Since each model is used regularly I never get bored with it. And it was easier to control my spending habits because sticking with one Army I mean once you have everything you need you don't need to buy anything else except for occasional purchases.
>>
>>5773194
After ending a bad relationship I made a goal to better myself. I found new friends and even though I have found a new relationship, the women that are interested in me are much better than previous.
>>
>>5773194
The reason I'm making a 4/Blog about this is because I need to see me dressed like this from time to time and relate to the person posting. And while this is a fun hobby that many can enjoy. Some of you are suffering, and it's not too late.
>>
>>5773223
>>5773231
>>5773236
>>5773244
>posting like this

for someone who JUST quit collecting you seem new here.
>>
>>5773218
>40k
So you just found something else to replace it
>>
>>5773374
Not at all I spent quite a bit of money at first to acquire the models and supplies to put them together and play the game. After that however, I rarely spend money on it at all.
>>
>>5773372 I used to post here all day everyday it's been months since I've posted here
>>
>>5773194
40k is just another slippery slope of money spending. You may think it's not now, but trust me, I know from experience. You are just rationalizing.
>>
>I broke my cracking smoking addition
>by snorting cocaine
>>
>Guys stop buying stuff
>But buy this other stuff

why not just quit altogether, go play a sport or learn a trade.
>>
File: image.png (246 KB, 402x592) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246 KB, 402x592
>>5773194
>>5773218
>>5773223
>>5773231
>>5773236
>>5773244
>>5773473
>i stopped being a retard by becoming an autist
Good job OP
>>
>>5773194
So did I. I mean i've had some stuff for 10 plus years now so I don't really want to sell. If i've had a particularly stressful day I do occasionally use my toys as catharsis. Its a huge release being able to destroy something tangible and its gradually reducing my collection.
>>
File: DaFuq Link.png (121 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
DaFuq Link.png
121 KB, 500x441
>>5773194
gtfo then. our board. not for you.
>>
You didn't end it, you just transferred it to an even more expensive hobby.

Idiot.
>>
I feel you OP, I was the anon who posted >>5772579 in the feels thread.

Getting out of a bad relationship seems to be what "unlocked" my realisation that all this plastic shit I've bought for years really doesn't serve me any delight. I've been getting rid of shit like crazy and not once have I felt any separation anxiety from anything I've pawned off.
>>
>>5773718
>>5773504
It's been over a year and it is yet to be a problem. In fact it's been a couple months since I've bought anything related to it anyways. I was able to change the way I think I didn't just replace one thing with another.
>>
>>5773969
Point was that I found a hobby I could control. I did also get a gym membership and I want to play soccer this fall
>>
>>5773974
I fixed a personal problem, and started making decisions to better myself. Sorry about those sour grapes.
>>
>>5774712
>>5773978
Finally someone who understands
>>
Congratulations.

Now who are you and why should I care?
>>
>>5774907
He's anon, obviously.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.