[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Indian figures
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
I quite like the SOTA T hawk, are that and pic related the only good ones?
>>
Neca made a Tonto figure. Can't think of anything else from modern times. I think US toy companies like to avoid figures that can get "stereotype" claims just from existing.
>>
>>5771208
what about non-steryotypical ones? Like Forge from X-men, or Billy from Predator
>>
>>5771217
I'm not sure what the hold up is on those two. I know people always bug Neca for the rest of Dutch's crew but their explanation is that likeness rights were never part of the general Predator licensing deal because the actors never signed off on it during movie production like they do nowadays. So now they have to negotiate on a person by person basis, and apparently it's been no dice with Billy's actor.

Forge though might come at some point. Hasbro has been pretty good about focusing on C and D listers. Hasbro had a Dani Moonstar made up but it's in outdated prototype limbo for the last few years if I recall correctly. Who knows, they usually have 2 or so females attached to a wave these days, they may pull her from the vault.
>>
>>5771232
Oh Geez, does Sonny Landham believe his face is legit worth a million bucks? I bet he does, that fucking nutter
howabout a Red Wolf legend? he got a series recently
>>
>>5771242
Nothing's off the table with Legends, it seems. Even some modern updates to Alpha Flight members would introduce more indians, and AF seems like a good candidate for toys at this point.
>>
>>5771178
It's old school but Johnny West Geronimo is the way to go.
>>
File: tatanka.jpg (63 KB, 305x500) Image search: [Google]
tatanka.jpg
63 KB, 305x500
There's Jakks WWE Classic Superstars Tatanka. They also made him in the Ruthless Aggression line.
>>
there are a couple from gi joe.
>>
>>5772307
>a couple
It's all the same character.
>>
>>5772307
What scale is that? I've been wanting to make a simple custom of the Doom guy by putting the head from a Master Chief onto a body and this looks like it would work well.
>>
>>5772321
theres also kwinn. inuit counts right?
>>
>>5772332
1/18
>>
>>5772337
Thanks!
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 833x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 833x900
>>5772321
Franklin "Airborne" Talltree is Navajo
>>
>>5772321

And DART
>>
>>5772343
That's the worst nickname ever.

"That's our Sarge, guy's a real pain in the ass but he's fair. We call him Sergeant Soldier."
>>
>tfw no line of wild west toys with indians of various tribes, cowboys, horses, banditos, hookers, fat bankers...

why live
>>
>>5772369
It is because of weird Hasbro copyright shit. Same reason we get "Marvel's Hawkeye" and "Autobot Jazz" in their respective lines. It definitely makes these names look lame sometimes.
>>
>>5771178
There's also the DC El Dorado figure, though he's South American Native rather than northern.
>>
File: baroness-hasbro-cobra.jpg (100 KB, 570x529) Image search: [Google]
baroness-hasbro-cobra.jpg
100 KB, 570x529
>>5772385
It's the only way to copyright the names and their properties.

Generic terms can't be copyrighted.
>>
File: review_loneranger1_6.jpg (75 KB, 500x753) Image search: [Google]
review_loneranger1_6.jpg
75 KB, 500x753
Neca's Tonto is a good figure. The Lone Ranger figures are when Neca's figures started to up their quality by a lot it feels. Besides Dutch before them (I think he was before?)
>>
>>5773108
God I hate Johnny Depp.
>>
>>5773308
Be that as it may the figure is still a good figure that's a halfway decent representation of a native american.
>>
>>5772383
something in the vain of Mythic Legions?
>>
>>5773108
I said American Indian, not "White man in redface"
>>
I want a qt native girl toy

does such a thing exist?
>>
>>5773463
Pocahontas Dolls from Disney?
>>
>>5773382
Very much what I was thinking of.
>>
>>5774073
would be sweet
>>
>>5771178
Does he come with a cup of hot coffee?
>>
>>5771178
Harvey Birdman ruined this character for me.
>>
File: Warpath_ML.jpg (44 KB, 438x720) Image search: [Google]
Warpath_ML.jpg
44 KB, 438x720
>>5771178
>tfw all MLs from around that time are at rape prices now
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.